sharetrader
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mfd View Post
    Having seen people close to me diagnosed and subsequently medicated for ADHD, it is truly life changing after decades of life not seeming right. Her comments resonate with what I've seen, and I know it's an extremely common but very under diagnosed issue. Good to see she has been diagnosed and taken some steps, hopefully including medication.

If that paragraph is too complicated for you, how about "all I read there is he(?) is just an ignorant prick".
    Whatever. She is just using this as an excuse to do even less. Like I said, lazy bitch. A mate of mine has a wife diagnosed with some sort of illness called Adrenaline fatigue. Its just a convenient excuse.

By the way, I am very skeptical of so called ADHD diagnoses. They seem so frequent these days its almost as if everyone is suffering from some sort of illness. Sounds like BS to me. Seems there is a whole industry out there promoting this all to the benefit of the pill makers et al.
    Last edited by blackcap; 07-06-2024 at 05:52 PM.

Certainly can appreciate others have a much different go of it but she has had no shortage of help. I’m sure she has a PA to manage her time and many others acting in support/advisory.

I work in the public sector in Wellington so I’m fairly aware of the structures in place.

I suspect her performance as Mayor (which is my only criticism of her) will continue to be terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Whatever. She is just using this as an excuse to do even less. Like I said, lazy bitch. A mate of mine has a wife diagnosed with some sort of illness called Adrenaline fatigue. Its just a convenient excuse.

By the way, I am very skeptical of so called ADHD diagnoses. They seem so frequent these days its almost as if everyone is suffering from some sort of illness. Sounds like BS to me. Seems there is a whole industry out there promoting this all to the benefit of the pill makers et al.
    I bet you're fun at parties. Luckily for you, I've had close up experience of an ADHD diagnosis and the difference it can bring to someone's life, so you have the option of learning from that. Now we can see it everywhere - people living suboptimal lives because they are unaware, or have been shaped by opinions like those you are putting forward. Always a shame to see people suffer when they don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatestben View Post
    Certainly can appreciate others have a much different go of it but she has had no shortage of help. I’m sure she has a PA to manage her time and many others acting in support/advisory.

I work in the public sector in Wellington so I’m fairly aware of the structures in place.

I suspect her performance as Mayor (which is my only criticism of her) will continue to be terrible.
    Yes, it's not an excuse for poor performance, certainly now she is aware and should be managing it. Criticizing her performance is of course fair game, but other posters criticizing her for getting a diagnosis and taking some steps to improve her performance in light of that is just bizarre.

I'm not in Wellington and haven't been following closely enough to have any position on her performance as Mayor.

Legend

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/why-ma...CZC72K7FYNYTI/

Why Mayor Tory Whanau’s crumbling support is good for Wellington – A Capital Letter

(Paywalled)

The chair legs on some of the Labour / Green chairs around the Head Drink mixer & bottlewasher appear to be developing splits & splinters, it appears

That must be really Tory-fying - to think that the support could mutiny at a moments notice and disappear in backwards flips if they see something on Tory's menu that they dont like

What new excuses could be piped in through the shattered Welly Water mains & tossed back out to bring them back into line this time ?
    Last edited by nztx; 19-06-2024 at 04:55 PM.

Legend

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/last-m...MCOTY2EY4UMNE/

Last minute bid to keep Wellington City Council’s airport shares, will Government bring in commissioners?

Last-minute bids are being made to keep a public stake in the capital’s airport - one of which could threaten to derail Wellington City Council’s long-term plan.

The council has voted at a committee level to sell its 34% share in the airport. The proceeds of the sale would be transferred into a new green perpetual investment fund to diversify the council’s portfolio.

Now, a city councillor is investigating whether an effective second vote can be held on the issue as a near-majority looks to vote down the 10-year budget.

Meanwhile, Greater Wellington Regional Council is considering whether it should buy the shares if the sale does go through.

No Long Term Plan ? .. that could stuff up attempts to plug Welly's leaks

But will it fix the Leaks at the top desk ?

Legend

Welly's mayoral green bulldozer getting revved up to run over all who dare differ

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/wellin...AEV365NQPIZX4/

Wellington Mayor Tory Whanau to push ahead with airport sale despite split council

Try to stay off the turps & not mix the Meds concoction to cover all the issues & complaints - dear
    or you might end up bu&&gering up more than you fix & demolish your own high roost as well

We should respect Tory and change thread title to ‘Wellington’s Power-drunk Mayor’
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    We should respect Tory and change thread title to ‘Wellington’s Power-drunk Mayor’
    Looks like her ADHD has not stopped her from wrecking havoc on Wellington?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Looks like her ADHD has not stopped her from wrecking havoc on Wellington?
    The CEO of the Council is a bigger danger

Wonder who leads who
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”