sharetrader
Page 477 of 495 FirstFirst ... 377427467473474475476477478479480481487 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,770 of 4950

Quote Originally Posted by Bikeguy View Post
    Yes, that’s a fair point, and could very well be the case.

I just can’t help thinking that the guy would be like anyone else, if it was actually as bad as it looks from the outside, and let’s face it he would have some knowledge of the reality, then surely you would sell out?
    It doesn’t appear he has…
    @ Bikeguy

Founders, or management that have been compensated in shares, almost never sell large blocks of shares on market. Not only can they not exit a large holding without crushing the market price even if they wanted to...by way of example todays turnover on the NZX was $17.5k..To do so would be viewed very very negatively by the rest of us unless the share price is compounding upwards year after year and/or can be justified as a "de-risking" of personal wealth.

No offence..but you seem to be asking a lot of questions on this forum that next to no one on here will have informed answers for.

If a large chunk of your net worth is on the line here then imo its time to seek professional advice rather then being guided by "sharetrader.co.nz" advice..

My opinion only..

GLTA.

Quote Originally Posted by moimoi View Post
    @ Bikeguy

Founders, or management that have been compensated in shares, almost never sell large blocks of shares on market. Not only can they not exit a large holding without crushing the market price even if they wanted to...by way of example todays turnover on the NZX was $17.5k..To do so would be viewed very very negatively by the rest of us unless the share price is compounding upwards year after year and/or can be justified as a "de-risking" of personal wealth.

No offence..but you seem to be asking a lot of questions on this forum that next to no one on here will have informed answers for.

If a large chunk of your net worth is on the line here then imo its time to seek professional advice rather then being guided by "sharetrader.co.nz" advice..

My opinion only..

GLTA.
    I respect your right to your opinion,
    I apologise to anyone if you feel I have been asking to many questions on SML or any other shares on this forum, I just find it interesting.

Guru
    Last edited by kiora; 21-06-2024 at 05:43 AM.

I respect your right to your opinion,
    I apologise to anyone if you feel I have been asking to many questions on SML or any other shares on this forum, I just find it interesting.
    Nothing to apologise for asking questions. Up to others whether they want to engage and interact (answer, speculate or query further) but as is often said, better to ask and appear foolish for 1 minute but be enlightened, rather than keep quiet and stay ignorant for life.

SML is a very interesting situation and there are so many moving parts to consider before the situation is resolved.

In the end though, it is going to come down to one thing and imo, one thing only which will determine SML's fate.
    Last edited by Balance; 21-06-2024 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Nothing to apologise for asking questions. Up to others whether they want to engage and interact (answer, speculate or query further) but as is often said, better to ask and appear foolish for 1 minute but be enlightened, rather than keep quiet and stay ignorant for life.

SML is a very interesting situation and there are so many moving parts to consider before the situation is resolved.

In the end though, it is going to come down to one thing and imo, one thing only which will determine SML's fate.
    I have enjoyed the Sharetrader Forum, I am not a big investor and other than kiwi saver I have $5 k spread across 5 shares, so I don’t want to take up anyone’s time on here, I just thought Sharetrader was a pretty open thing,
    I can clearly see that some posters on here are seriously financially astute and financial professionals in their careers, I have benefited from reading their thoughts and posts, so I say thank you to them for taking the time to post,

Balance can I ask you, what do you think that one thing is that will determine SML fate? (And my 1k) lol

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

I have enjoyed the Sharetrader Forum, I am not a big investor and other than kiwi saver I have $5 k spread across 5 shares, so I don’t want to take up anyone’s time on here, I just thought Sharetrader was a pretty open thing,
    I can clearly see that some posters on here are seriously financially astute and financial professionals in their careers, I have benefited from reading their thoughts and posts, so I say thank you to them for taking the time to post,

Balance can I ask you, what do you think that one thing is that will determine SML fate? (And my 1k) lol
    Bikeguy please keep posting and asking questions. They are questions many of us are mulling over as well. And it makes no difference whether you are a big investor or a smaller one. It is your hard earned money at stake so I understand you wanting to understand as much as possible about what is going on and what the potential outcome will be. We are all wondering the same thing. I dont think moimoi was criticising you for asking lots of questions rather it was his/her way of expressing concern for you if you had a large holding. That was my take on it. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Bikeguy please keep posting and asking questions. They are questions many of us are mulling over as well. And it makes no difference whether you are a big investor or a smaller one. It is your hard earned money at stake so I understand you wanting to understand as much as possible about what is going on and what the potential outcome will be. We are all wondering the same thing. I dont think moimoi was criticising you for asking lots of questions rather it was his/her way of expressing concern for you if you had a large holding. That was my take on it. Good luck
    Respect to you Rupertbear, and respect to Moimoi too👊

Does anyone know why Jarden Direct restricts placing buy/sell orders to the last trading percentage plus/minus 2%? Currently, only orders between 170-174% will be accepted.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Does anyone know why Jarden Direct restricts placing buy/sell orders to the last trading percentage plus/minus 2%? Currently, only orders between 170-174% will be accepted.
    I think it is to stop someone making a FAT FINGERS error.... very frustrating in the case of news on a small illiquid stock.
    You might have to call them and get them to release the order manually.

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    I think it is to stop someone making a FAT FINGERS error.... very frustrating in the case of news on a small illiquid stock.
    You might have to call them and get them to release the order manually.
    Most unusual turnaround on the bonds - all bids and no offers currently.