sharetrader
Page 2123 of 2131 FirstFirst ... 11231623202320732113211921202121212221232124212521262127 ... LastLast
Results 21,221 to 21,230 of 21310

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Oh dear, Warriors go down 38-24 (after leading 14-0 early on) to the Storm…… 25,000 fans braved the rain to watch the game. Chief fan Jason Paris of One fame proclaimed “a great 👍 man 👨 The better team didn’t win tonight. Proud of the team. This is the Warriors year. #UpTheWahs” and went on ‘..whenwe make the finals no team will want to play us”. Most fans agree …real fandom. UP THE WAHS

Oceania saw it’s share price go up 1 cent but it remains pretty low. Fandom outin force again this week in spite of a sin binning. One of most loyal fans said the current situation doesn’t make any sense at all from both a FA and TA angle (akin to Warriors fans blaming the referee) and made the cry out that there is no better time to buy Oceania shares because Oceania is a great company b(l)aa b(l)aa. This is our year. GO OCEANUA YOU BEAUTIFUL THING

A casual observer has to think both are in a dream world about ‘this being our year’ thing. Maybe the only realist is a young Oceania fan who says it might be middle age before he says ‘yes, this was our year’
    Haha very good!
    I made an absolute motza on Melbourne, I couldn't believe they were paying evens before the game & when the Wahs went up 14 nil, I had an epiphany & saw the deep value that I have heard so much about, so doubled down and again. Happy days.

And don't knock Jason, he did me a flavour this week. He might be blind when it comes to the Wahs, which is a great marketing ploy by the way, but he's the most responsive CEO I have ever come across. Maybe it's who RYM should go after...
    Last edited by Daytr; 16-06-2024 at 08:50 AM.

Guru

Oh dear, Warriors go down 38-24 (after leading 14-0 early on) to the Storm…… 25,000 fans braved the rain to watch the game. Chief fan Jason Paris of One fame proclaimed “a great �� man �� The better team didn’t win tonight. Proud of the team. This is the Warriors year. #UpTheWahs” and went on ‘..whenwe make the finals no team will want to play us”. Most fans agree …real fandom. UP THE WAHS

Oceania saw it’s share price go up 1 cent but it remains pretty low. Fandom out in force again this week in spite of a sin binning. One of most loyal fans bleated on about the current situation doesn’t make any sense at all from both a FA and TA angle (akin to Warriors fans blaming the referee) and made the cry out that there is no better time to buy Oceania shares because Oceania is a great company b(l)aa b(l)aa b(l)aa. This is our year. GO OCEANUA YOU BEAUTIFUL THING

A casual observer has to think both are in a dream world about ‘this being our year’ thing. Maybe the only realist is a young Oceania fan who says it might be middle age before he says ‘yes, this was our year’
    Haha this is gold. Thanks winner.

Hey Value …..when you mention the prospectus I assume you are referring to IPO one in 2017.

Oceania have changed strateg a few times since ….do you think if they came up with a prospectus today it would be much different?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Hey Value …..when you mention the prospectus I assume you are referring to IPO one in 2017.

Oceania have changed strateg a few times since ….do you think if they came up with a prospectus today it would be much different?
    What post are you Referencing to here, i cant find it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cupsy View Post
    To be fair though, it does depend on the story as viewed by the individual as to how inspiring it is, and there is an element of beauty being in the eye of the beholder i think. The prospectus talks about them targeting a medium term build rate, presumably to soak up demand from declining not-for-profit operators (and any growth in demand), with a demand period from 2016 to 2026 of estimated annual required extra beds.
    So one could look at growing assets over this time frame as a measure of how inspiring the story is. Also one can look at price to personal view on intrinsic value, others who have been holders for a longer period and at higher prices will have there own point of view also. And there is probably a large number of other views with regard to how someone looks at it as to how inspiring it is or isn't.
    Cupsy …might have been you and not Value mentioning prospectus

Cupsy …might have been you and not Value mentioning prospectus
    Ok yeah I was wondering, and yes I was referring to the ipo document.
    Well hindsight is 2020 vision so I reckon (opinion only) if they did it again starting today they would slow their development rate down to reduce their exposure to cost blow-outs, maybe be tighter on non ora liabilities like borrowings, maybe re-consider the proportion of care, but then again, being good at care is partially in my opinion what helps make them be attractive to residents.
    What about you?

If you aren't investing in equities with at least a ten year horizon, you're probably speculating.

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    If you aren't investing in equities with at least a ten year horizon, you're probably speculating.
    I would suggest the exact opposite of that is true.
    The more time the more unknowns can happen. Within a 1 - 2 year period you are far more likely to know what could happen than a 10 year horizon.
    Quite likely a management change at a minimum.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

REINZ Chief Executive Jen Baird says the market shows a general theme of more this month with higher sales counts, increased stock levels, more listings, and properties selling more quickly than a year ago. These annual increases contrast with current challenges in securing finance, changes in the job market, and the wait on OCR and interest rate changes

Prices might be flat but activity getting stronger by month … OCA have no excuse for not growing sales volumes and reducing that debt

REINZ Chief Executive Jen Baird says the market shows a general theme of more this month with higher sales counts, increased stock levels, more listings, and properties selling more quickly than a year ago. These annual increases contrast with current challenges in securing finance, changes in the job market, and the wait on OCR and interest rate changes

Prices might be flat but activity getting stronger by month … OCA have no excuse for not growing sales volumes and reducing that debt
    Sales must be booming eh Winner. Lots of pent up demand for our units.