sharetrader
Page 2114 of 2140 FirstFirst ... 111416142014206421042110211121122113211421152116211721182124 ... LastLast
Results 21,131 to 21,140 of 21397

if people like float's they should have been in TWR not OCA
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    If you take the number of sales/resales and average prices as in the preso you get total ORA sales of $267m

Cash Flow Statement says cash received from ORA sales was $226m

Is the difference those on the never never scheme or just a timing issue?
    Still trying to figure this out

Dropped email to Oceania but no response
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Cash flow is just that. Receipt of sales monies would be after sale agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    if people like float's they should have been in TWR not OCA
    TWR need to do a bit more with their float - 6% return doesn't cut it. Might i suggest they invest in developing some retirement villages?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Cash flow is just that. Receipt of sales monies would be after sale agreement.
    A timing difference. Given sales of $267m versus receipts of $226m, If the cash flow receipts at the beginning of the period were for sales signed towards the end of the previous period, then sales at the end of the reporting period would have been quite a bit higher than the end of the previous year. So cash flow receipts would have got a good boost at the beginning of the current period. Have I interpreted that correctly?
    Last edited by Bjauck; 11-06-2024 at 11:30 AM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Totally agree Mav was the perfect example of knowledge and perfect public forum manners ...he won many hearts with his details and amiable ways
    Couldn't agree more. He has my utmost respect.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Still trying to figure this out

Dropped email to Oceania but no response
    If you take the number of sales/resales and average prices as in the preso you get total ORA sales of $267m

Cash Flow Statement says cash received from ORA sales was $226m

Is the difference those on the never never scheme or just a timing issue?
    Note 5.3 in the accounts has a near $20M increase in ORA receivables but that still leaves you another $20M+ to account for.
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    A timing difference. Given sales of $267m versus receipts of $226m, If the cash flow receipts at the beginning of the period were for sales signed towards the end of the previous period, then sales at the end of the reporting period would have been quite a bit higher than the end of the previous year. So cash flow receipts would have got a good boost at the beginning of the current period. Have I interpreted that correctly?
    Thought of that but working through F22, F23 and F24 the differences have been $14m, $$33m and then the $41m

If we assume that the F22 $14m was sales made in F22 and not paid until F23 then the F23 difference is $47m (22% of sales outstanding at balance date) ……assume this paid in F24 then the difference between F24 report sales and cash collected in F24 is now $88m (33% of sales) …probably higher as the starting F22 difference doesn’t include a carry over from F21

Must be using wrong logic/methodology as the 33% carried over can’t be the case but then they show $93.8m as still receivable from licence agreements so it might be right after all.

My gut feel is they’ve changed how they report sales …assuming the Cash Flow Statement doesn’t lie.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Not wishing to stray too much off topic, but a poster now banned had asked ChatGPT what was the meaning of the expression “out of the money”. They posted the result on this thread.

I asked the question of ChatGPT “what does ‘out of the money’ mean in every sense?” It came up with an answer that was quite different from the original poster’s result. The answer I got included four definitions for 1. Options trading 2. Betting and gambling 3. Investment and business and 4.Metaphorical usage.

My conclusion is that currently ChatGPT is a useful tool. However much can depend on the wording of a question. So caution is needed before definitively relying on responses.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Not wishing to stray too much off topic, but a poster now banned had asked ChatGPT what was the meaning of the expression “out of the money”. They posted the result on this thread.

I asked the question of ChatGPT “what does ‘out of the money’ mean in every sense?” It came up with an answer that was quite different from the original poster’s result. The answer I got included four definitions for 1. Options trading 2. Betting and gambling 3. Investment and business and 4.Metaphorical usage.

My conclusion is that currently ChatGPT is a useful tool. However much can depend on the wording of a question. So caution is needed before definitively relying on responses.
    Said poster was very critical of GPT until it gave him an answer he liked lol.

Then the output was absolute truth and not to be questioned! Ha!