sharetrader
Page 219 of 239 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 2382

wonderful and div due shortly too so punters better get in quick today if they want it.

think we will get continuing upgrades if weather events dont occur as we head to full yr. imagine no events be looking art a massive full yr result and xmas presents
    Last edited by bull....; 11-06-2024 at 09:12 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Meaning EPS of minimum of 10.54 cps earnings, and trading on 7.73 PE as of the current price.

No large events and it gets to 19cps.
    That's right Bob. And company guidance over the coming years is increased profits of $50m FY25 and $70m in FY26.
    So even if the SP goes straight to 90cents on the open the forward looking P.Es are FY25 6.8 and FY26 4.9. So its super cheap.

The large event allowance for these next 2 years is conservative from what i can tell by looking at the % to GWP.
    And the company currently has $110m solvency margin. These two points are mitigating the downside risk.

A lot to look forward to. Happy sitting around watching the re-rate and collecting the div.
    Last edited by Rawz; 11-06-2024 at 09:23 AM.

3 cent dividend still to be paid so whatever the buy price is this morning is less 3 cents

We could see 83c today! Insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Leemsip View Post
    83? more like 93...

for the last few days there were 250k shares for sale at 83 but after todays announcement most of it has been removed.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    wonderful and div due shortly too so punters better get in quick today if they want it.

think we will get continuing upgrades if weather events dont occur as we head to full yr. imagine no events be looking art a massive full yr result and xmas presents
    It often seems quite a gamble to me if it's up to the gods as to the whether the weather is good or bad, and in turn dictating whether a company does well or not. Are the odds more in favour of tower doing well because they have more money in reserve for a big flood event or something similar? Do you always keep your eye on the weather forecast so if a cyclone is gonna come screaming towards New Zealand you'll hit the sell button?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Leemsip View Post
    Didn't see 83c.

1st trade at 83.5c and 85 now.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysleeper11 View Post
    It often seems quite a gamble to me if it's up to the gods as to the whether the weather is good or bad, and in turn dictating whether a company does well or not. Are the odds more in favour of tower doing well because they have more money in reserve for a big flood event or something similar? Do you always keep your eye on the weather forecast so if a cyclone is gonna come screaming towards New Zealand you'll hit the sell button?
    This is something the analysis's at the half year call were interested in. I.e. the BAU claims ratio. At half year it was 49.7%. Historically it has been as high as 61%. TWR said with its targeted underwriting and pricing it should hover around 50% mark. Currently thanks to the good weather we are under that and no doubt in the future we will see BAU claims just over 50%.

Then there is the large event allowance which is just cream if not used.

The underlying performance of the business if measured by GWP growth and the management expense ratio is both excellent.

If GWP continues to increase, BAU claims stay around 50% and management expense ratio continues to decline then in the long run TWR should deliver for shareholders.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Didn't see 83c.

1st trade at 83.5c and 85 now.
    Profit upgraded by 14%. SP up only 3-4%

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysleeper11 View Post
    investing in these stocks you go into them knowing that weather events or what ever happen.
    So I dont really pay much attention to the weather myself thats tower 's job. As long as there cover is adequate no worries
    from my personal level its only a portion of my portfolio size so no biggie if we have a bad yr. as long as its not bad yr after bad yr then that would be more poor management than weather.
    one step ahead of the herd