sharetrader
Page 2092 of 2173 FirstFirst ... 1092159219922042208220882089209020912092209320942095209621022142 ... LastLast
Results 20,911 to 20,920 of 21729

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    Yesterday you said this.

Now imagine having a conversation with Benjamin Graham, Buffett, Li Lu, or any other successful value investor, and telling them you invest in businesses in a "good news up cycle".

Can you imagine the look on their faces... I can.
    the difference is rawz wants stock gains , you dont
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Are you for real?
    Can confirm. I have learnt nothing at university this whole year, so yes having a scroll through the thread in 2021 has probably taught me more.

Yesterday you said this.

Now imagine having a conversation with Benjamin Graham, Buffett, Li Lu, or any other successful value investor, and telling them you invest in businesses in a "good news up cycle".

Can you imagine the look on their faces... I can.
    You won’t understand the good news up cycle bit until you finish uni and work in a few different corporates.

When a company wins it leads to more winning. Bigger bonuses for the sales teams, big team lunches out for the operations teams, more resources for the IT dept etc. the best employees stay and the best at the competition look to jump ship. When you see a company announcing profit upgrades, market share wins etc it’s because they are winning internally and the culture is minted.

Compare to a company constantly announcing bad news.. you know the sales team are missing their bonus, the operations team are getting dominos for lunch and IT dept facing budget cuts. The best employees are jumping ship. The culture is poor. It is very difficult and takes time to reverse this type of company state.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    Anyone Bearish in 2021 got roasted

Anyone Bullish now gets roasted.

Go figure.
    You aren't bullish, you & your first mate are in dream land.
    Nothing wrong with constructing a bullish argument, but it needs to be based on reality not all the double counting, down is up BS.

I for one, as stated think OCA currently under valued as I think is RYM but neither are without risk.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Since we are revisiting old posts, here's one for the ages - posted on 24 Nov 2022 at the peak of the residential property market :

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    No question about demand.

Retirees are only going to move into retirement villages if they can afford to.

As property prices are dropping, it will be harder and harder for the retirees to get a good price for their existing homes to buy into retirement villages.

Why RV share prices are so sensitive to the property cycle - so good on the way up and now, nasty on the way down.

NZ is but in the first year of a potential 5 year down cycle.

No big hurry to ride the cycle down.
    Amen.

How can it be at peak AND dropping?
    You are right - peak was Nov 2021.

Can confirm. I have learnt nothing at university this whole year, so yes having a scroll through the thread in 2021 has probably taught me more.
    I learnt plenty from university but never directly from the lectures and textbooks - the learnings come when I apply in real life what I was taught.

And even then, I always know that there are others much much learned and smarter than me to learn from.

Legend

Bloody hell, down to 52 cents today. Something is definitely not right here...

Big difference bruv if share price goes from 52c to 50c and you get some dividends over 5 years.

Vs from 1.60 to 52c

Do the math bro.

Could be 50c in 2028 yes but won't look at dumb as 160 to 52
    How about no dividend and the price keeps sliding.
    Do the math Bruv.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    How about no dividend and the price keeps sliding.
    Do the math Bruv.
    I'm with you on this one Daytr. Starting to look at OCA at these prices, RYM the same but think there is enough time to wait for a better entry point/ lower risk entry time.