sharetrader
Page 1437 of 1440 FirstFirst ... 43793713371387142714331434143514361437143814391440 LastLast
Results 14,361 to 14,370 of 14397
    Guru

Inspiring plan to make NZ'ers lives better.

Take away all their annual and sick leave. It's no wonder 1mil of us are now offshore.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post

Take away all their annual and sick leave. It's no wonder 1mil of us are now offshore.
    Who what where? I must have missed the memo. I still get 4 weeks a year and 5 days sick leave from my employer. Nothing been taken away here.

Guru

Perhaps you could spend a little time and read what, where and why this needs attention instead of shooting off from the mouth without engaging brain, should you have one.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Perhaps you could spend a little time and read what, where and why this needs attention instead of shooting off from the mouth without engaging brain, should you have one.
    You might be asking a bit much there.

Legend

Are you turning into Balance �� That sounds ridiculous if true, Where is that proposed? I think the Government just wants a review to find out how to reduce the current complexity of existing legislation. Maybe some part timers will see changes, but that depends on a review.

https://www.1news.co.nz/2024/06/05/a...act-certainty/

Covid has shown the importance of adequate sick leave, and the ability for folk to stay home from work, when they are sick, so they do not spread illness.

The rules around “independent contractors” need a review too.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 06-06-2024 at 09:40 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Who what where? I must have missed the memo. I still get 4 weeks a year and 5 days sick leave from my employer. Nothing been taken away here.

Gez .. I'm not complaining - still on unlimited leave & sick package on tap

Can't imagine what our mate Panda is doing wrong

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Are you turning into Balance �� That sounds ridiculous if true, Where is that proposed? I think the Government just wants a review to find out how to reduce the current complexity of existing legislation. Maybe some part timers will see changes, but that depends on a review.
    What is complex about it? 10 days = 10 days.

Changing the part-time entitlement according to a "formula", rather than a simple 10 days, will add complexity.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 06-06-2024 at 04:15 PM.

Legend

What is complex about it? 10 days = 10 days.

Changing the part-time entitlement according to a "formula", rather than a simple 10 days, will add complexity.

10 days free extra holiday - did you say ?

it seems to be rather often that sick pay is now referred in that sort of light in some circles now

Add in the Stats, Allowance days for the Mrs popping one out, filling in when she need a break, a few days off for the Brother in Law's sister's cousin being farewelled to find the path upstairs etc etc

Let's not forget the most recent 'Wandering Lost Star day" addition to celebrate a bit of star gazing
    to see if things have moved far since the first canoe washed up here and none of the lights overhead have gotten lost or been stolen by intergalactic marauding space thieves since last year

How all these approved reasons for time off & not being productively engaged have multiplied out of sight in recent times - almost to point of every week having some sort of break or holiday content

Unfortunately, some poor pr*ck somewhere has to pay for these sort of convenient breaks off the shovels, especially if another bod somewhere else thinks he might be on the receiving end with the attached koha for it to grease the palm
    Last edited by nztx; 06-06-2024 at 05:34 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    Bloody hell, I agree with Balance on something.
    Balance for Prime Minister, I say!

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Balance for Prime Minister, I say!
    A Hundred and thirty years too late, and one 'l' too early.