sharetrader
Page 343 of 384 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345346347353 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 3833
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Another sucker who believes that these magic houses suddenly appear?!
    Only someone like you who is still playing with the hand me down dolls houses Mummy gave you could make a comment like that!

One day you will understand what nurture is.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Kiwibuild 100,000 homes?

Cripes .. one of the flagship policies of the failed mob that Timothy admired deeply - wasn't it ?

Back in the reign of Queen Cinderella (the terrible), promise the earth like last year was the last year, spin every Crisis as an end of the earth magic fable everyone got saved from & the flushing Wonder Loo on housing dreams that mysteriously vanished before it appeared ?
    Last edited by nztx; 04-06-2024 at 09:33 PM.

Banned

I find it remarkable how the left wingers cling to labour, greens etc no matter what.

Zero objectivity.

I prefer to to try keep some objectivity.

Which allows me to vote in a new government but then still be critical of their policies. Evidenced by my luke warm reception to the budget and very critical response to them reneging on an important promise (cancer drugs).

Can anyone imagine the labour loons that post on these threads doing the same when the previous lot was in power?

No matter what bs the previous govt came up with, the usual suspects would be on here defending no matter how ridiculous it got. Hell, they still do.

One should not be wedded to a particular political party or ideology.

Guru

It depends whether they are they "Pot Holes" ,"Puddle Holes" or just “nid-de-poule”

https://thespinoff.co.nz/politics/18...-afraid-to-ask

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Landlords do not get 'a tax break.'
    The Government can give and the government can take away. At least residential rents are exempt from GST. Just imagine the jolt of reality that would give the housing market, if that exemption were removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    The Government can give and the government can take away. At least residential rents are exempt from GST. Just imagine the jolt of reality that would give the housing market, if that exemption were removed.
    GST is a tax on consumption - what has that got to do with landlords getting a tax break? The tax break if any is for the tenants.

Try another example and you may make sense one of these days.

Legend

GST is a tax on consumption - what has that got to do with landlords getting a tax break? The tax break if any is for the tenants.

Provision of Goods AND services. Tenants consume the provision of accommodation. It is of course a political decision to exempt from GST the provision of residential housing.

If tenants cannot afford rents+gst. Landlords would have to buy their property at a cheaper price. Increased home owner occupation.

Dilettante

It would simply mean an additional 15% rent for tenants, collected by landlords on behalf of the Government. Zero effect on landlords except some extra administration costs

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Provision of Goods AND services. Tenants consume the provision of accommodation. It is of course a political decision to exempt from GST the provision of residential housing.

If tenants cannot afford rents+gst. Landlords would have to buy their property at a cheaper price. Increased home owner occupation.
    Accommodation supplements would increase to cover most of it.. As you said in an earlier post, the Government gives and the Government takes away.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I find it remarkable how the left wingers cling to labour, greens etc no matter what.

Zero objectivity.

I prefer to to try keep some objectivity.

Which allows me to vote in a new government but then still be critical of their policies. Evidenced by my luke warm reception to the budget and very critical response to them reneging on an important promise (cancer drugs).

Can anyone imagine the labour loons that post on these threads doing the same when the previous lot was in power?

No matter what bs the previous govt came up with, the usual suspects would be on here defending no matter how ridiculous it got. Hell, they still do.

One should not be wedded to a particular political party or ideology.
    TBF plenty of right wingers do the same.
    Both left & right of the spectrum fluctuate about 20% thanks to those aren't fixed on either ideology but look to policy offered and performance to swing their vote.

It is the swing voters that decide elections.