sharetrader
Page 2084 of 2140 FirstFirst ... 1084158419842034207420802081208220832084208520862087208820942134 ... LastLast
Results 20,831 to 20,840 of 21397

Quote Originally Posted by Cupsy View Post
    Hey value, if we put things in context from then as well, we've really had two things play out that are highlighted as risks.
    1. Covid, no one being able to go to work during lockdowns must have seen development risks bear out, not to mention inflation costs on developments.
    2. Property downturn post covid, another risk playing out, and the two pretty much back to back.

So I guess for a holder pre these events, you may well be pretty gutted, all be it that these problems arent necessarily due to a flawed business model or inherent fault in the business right? (given these risks were well recognised?).
    Yes and consider how the business has grown despite these events.

Deleted…….
    Last edited by winner69; 04-06-2024 at 07:44 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Cupsy View Post
    Winner I really enjoy many of your posts, but after seeing some of those older ones, I'm thinking maybe your posts should come with some kind of statement of position, like "I used to really like this but now not so much" well I don't know what but maybe something.
    I think W69 uses a bit of an irony in some of his posts. Every post on this forum comes with the implicit disclaimer that you should do your own research, or pay a professional for advice.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I think W69 uses a bit of an irony in some of his posts. Every post on this forum comes with the implicit disclaimer that you should do your own research, or pay a professional for advice.
    Yep but then you can claim every disaster post as oh I was kidding

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    Yep but then you can claim every disaster post as oh I was kidding
    Don’t rely on any posts to make any investment decisions. They are just chit-chat.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 04-06-2024 at 03:07 PM.

Another updated chart …Underlying NPAT over the years

Hardly an inspiring story…the result of selling heaps more and making about the same year after year
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by winner69; 04-06-2024 at 03:32 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I like the irony and wahs posts, but I thought it would be handy to understand how his views may have changed over time (i feel like knowing gives a bit more context to some of his posts), but then maybe that should be on the ppl new to the forum to read the thread from the start (daunting task?).
    And yes, what you say about research and advice is a given imo.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Another updated chart …Underlying NPAT over the years

Hardly an inspiring story…the result of selling heaps more and making about the same year after year
    To be fair though, it does depend on the story as viewed by the individual as to how inspiring it is, and there is an element of beauty being in the eye of the beholder i think. The prospectus talks about them targeting a medium term build rate, presumably to soak up demand from declining not-for-profit operators (and any growth in demand), with a demand period from 2016 to 2026 of estimated annual required extra beds.
    So one could look at growing assets over this time frame as a measure of how inspiring the story is. Also one can look at price to personal view on intrinsic value, others who have been holders for a longer period and at higher prices will have there own point of view also. And there is probably a large number of other views with regard to how someone looks at it as to how inspiring it is or isn't.
    Last edited by Cupsy; 04-06-2024 at 05:19 PM.

I've bailed. Had enough.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiJohn View Post
    I've bailed. Had enough.
    I admire some peoples patience ( with NTL as well?)

Patience can be the antithesis of returns when investing.