sharetrader
Page 342 of 384 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345346352 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 3834
    Legend

[QUOTE=iceman;1055216]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    This is a budget that clearly indicates that the Coalition is starting to roll back the nanny state, so that it can make tax cuts and not introduce new taxes. First Home Grants were axed too. That makes saving through KiwiSaver for young people less compelling too.

Private Health Insurance companies have policies with cancer cover including for drugs that Pharmac does not cover.

So the rich will be richer and live longer. Coalition colours have been hoisted![/QUOTE]

What about the long overdue tax bracket adjustments, in work payments and increase in WFF ? Hardly aimed ad the "rich" !
    In addition to income tax cuts, you need to take into account the reintroduced tax break for landlords, the cancellation of the first home grant of $5,000, Reimposition of prescription charges, reduction of public transport subsidies, free first year of study cancelled (fewer poorer students will try further education), warmer homes scheme scaled back.

So all in all, a budget for the wealthier and those who can afford private health insurance. It is a signpost for the direction of travel for the Coalition. I imagine many coalition supporters will not be unhappy.

Banned

In addition to income tax cuts, you need to take into account the reintroduced tax break for landlords, the cancellation of the first home grant of $5,000, Reimposition of prescription charges, reduction of public transport subsidies, free first year of study cancelled (fewer poorer students will try further education), warmer homes scheme scaled back.

So all in all, a budget for the wealthier and those who can afford private health insurance. It is a signpost for the direction of travel for the Coalition. I imagine many coalition supporters will not be unhappy.
    Though the various things you call out in terms of cuts are true, I think it is a stretch to characterise the budget as being for the wealthy.

The biggest recipients of the tax cuts are families that qualify for WFF.

I would be considered ‘wealthy’ in NZ and I will get $20 a week.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Though the various things you call out in terms of cuts are true, I think it is a stretch to characterise the budget as being for the wealthy.

The biggest recipients of the tax cuts are families that qualify for WFF.

I would be considered ‘wealthy’ in NZ and I will get $20 a week.
    The WFF bonanza for some is of up to $25 week if you are in work with children. The clawback remains once your household starts earning over about $43000.

The cost to taxpayers of that is dwarfed by five times by the cost of reintroducing the landlord tax break. It is clear for whom the benefit from the budget lies.

Guru

The cost to taxpayers of that is dwarfed by five times by the cost of reintroducing the landlord tax break. It is clear for whom the benefit from the budget lies.
    Yes, it's very clear that those who want to rent a home will get the benefit of more rental homes available to rent, as landlords are re incentivised

Legend

The WFF bonanza for some is of up to $25 week if you are in work with children. The clawback remains once your household starts earning over about $43000.

Landlords do not get 'a tax break.'

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Police officers pelted with rocks by a mob in Levin.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...-saturday.html

Where's the tough on crime focus Luxon promised? Of course police can avoid all this by simply moving to aust.
    Lets not make this a political issue. It is totally unacceptable, and we should support the police with whatever resources they need to identify, locate, and prosecute the offenders.

Legend

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...OIUR5Y4Z3I3T4/

Road user charges: 12,000 renegade EV owners now face fines

A kingsized RUC Up on the way folks

Thanks Labour

Its surprising Te Waka of Roading Incompetence (NZ Pothole Agency) are even able to work out how many there are after their inability to track the large Pot Hole collection multiplying under their noses

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...OIUR5Y4Z3I3T4/

Road user charges: 12,000 renegade EV owners now face fines

A kingsized RUC Up on the way folks

Thanks Labour

Its surprising Te Waka of Roading Incompetence (NZ Pothole Agency) are even able to work out how many there are after their inability to track the large Pot Hole collection multiplying under their noses
    The Seagull in the bay, spreading ****e and misinformation as usual, squark squark.

The lack of RUC charges for EV/PHEV were expired by the Coalition government in January 2024 and RUC for them was implemented April 2024, with a grace period to end-May 2024. Time is up.

Catching the non-RUC payers is easy, there is a system called the MVR (Motor Vehicles Register), it is connected to the RUC system, surely you knew that. Now they're caught, they will all receive a notice, to pay up including arrears, or face prosecution.

There is not a 'pot hole system', do you really think NZTA sweep every road across the whole motu to find potholes? They rely on public reporting and their dedicated teams, who are all subcontractors, get out there and fix them.

Your cynicism for NZTA is not well founded, it is inaccurate, misinformed and worse, you politicise it.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Yes, it's very clear that those who want to rent a home will get the benefit of more rental homes available to rent, as landlords are re incentivised
    Another sucker who believes that these magic houses suddenly appear?!

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Another sucker who believes that these magic houses suddenly appear?!
    Kiwibuild 100,000 homes?