sharetrader
Page 2075 of 2140 FirstFirst ... 1075157519752025206520712072207320742075207620772078207920852125 ... LastLast
Results 20,741 to 20,750 of 21397

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    His exit price will be when a better opportunity presents itself.

This is how all intelligent people think about investments. They don't set some arbitrary price target. They think of it in terms of opportunity cost and forward returns.

How silly is that. "If stock X hits $56.62, I'll sell it", with no regard to the alternatives.
    It’s not silly at all. W Buffett sells all the time to cash. You don’t need another opportunity. You just need to know what you are holding is overvalued

ValueNZ don’t fall in love with OCA

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    You don’t need another opportunity. You just need to know what you are holding is overvalued
    What you don't understand is by calling something "overvalued" you imply the existence of a better opportunity.

Banned

ValueNZ don’t fall in love with OCA
    If there is one thing I am sure of, that is that ValueNZ does not need advice from you.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    If there is one thing I am sure of, that is that ValueNZ does not need advice from you.
    Maybe. Every STr member has something to offer.

(Apart from X-men)

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    Yeah just yours eh.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Banned

Man we were doing so well in earlier, discussing OCA…sharing ideas on how we can look at value, things to look out for.

How does the conversation literally always deteriorate into fighting? Every time.

lol.

Banned

Maybe. Every STr member has something to offer.

(Apart from X-men)

No doubt you could teach him something, just saying he'd be ok without as well.

Great call on X-men, you're bloody right about that. Well actually they offer us evidence that we share the marketplace with complete morons who are also cretins.

Banned

[
    It’s not silly at all. W Buffett sells all the time to cash. You don’t need another opportunity. You just need to know what you are holding is overvalued

His point is that to know it's overvalued, it MUST be overvalued in relation to something.

If it was trading at 100 times earnings in a world of negative yielding corp bonds, it may not be overvalued.

Banned

The only reason sailors STU bet worked out so well is because he exited the dog at $1.50.

Don’t let him fool you he doesn’t have an exit price on OCA

I have not even thought about it. But of course at some price I would sell. No idea what that is, not even ball park.