PDA

View Full Version : IKE - Ike GPS.com

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Leftfield
06-01-2021, 10:04 AM
Adding more on any good news so purchased a few more yesterday..... up 38% on my av hold SP, so pretty happy (so far.)

thebusinessman
06-01-2021, 11:01 AM
Sold out after the last discounted rights issue (around 85c) and recently got back in the for the long term at $1.10. Lesson to be learned there... ;)

Timesurfer
06-01-2021, 11:38 AM
Adding more on any good news so purchased a few more yesterday..... up 38% on my av hold SP, so pretty happy (so far.)

I managed to snag a few for my daughter on open yesterday - after getting caught out by the early close on the previous session. Lucky to get in before people noticed the good news.

Up 72% on my overall portfolio so pretty happy here too.

I see a significant trade just went through so someone has decided it is time to buy in - unless it was part of the announcement yesterday?

Leftfield
06-01-2021, 11:50 AM
I managed to snag a few for my daughter on open yesterday - after getting caught out by the early close on the previous session. Lucky to get in before people noticed the good news.

Up 72% on my overall portfolio so pretty happy here too.

I see a significant trade just went through so someone has decided it is time to buy in - unless it was part of the announcement yesterday?

Well done on your av hold SP. Yes, just noticed 500,000 shares at 1.20. Fab endorsement.

whatsup
06-01-2021, 12:08 PM
ATH @ $1.23 today.

JohnnyTheHorse
06-01-2021, 08:10 PM
Chart is looking good from a technical point of view. After some healthy consolidation we are looking for continuation of the uptrend by breaking the $1.20 level. The volume in the last two days really backs this up with ~1.7% of the float traded. 200,000 shares were traded at $1.21 aftermarket so that should be the new support price. Expecting $1.30ish on this run.

Disc: holding swing trade position.

clown
02-02-2021, 07:04 AM
Q3 announcement not too far away?

sb9
03-02-2021, 08:55 AM
Q3 announcement not too far away?

Yes, should be out any day now. Since that announcement at beginning of this year re acquiring a artificial intelligence business, the price has gone dipped back on lack of buyer interest.

Need to put out an exciting update or else may dip below a buck.

macduffy
03-02-2021, 10:54 AM

.......... providing another buying opportunity.

sb9
03-02-2021, 10:56 AM
.......... providing another buying opportunity.

Yes, but I've too many already....:p

Leftfield
04-02-2021, 01:27 PM
Yes, should be out any day now. Since that announcement at beginning of this year re acquiring a artificial intelligence business, the price has gone dipped back on lack of buyer interest.

TA indicates a gap to be filled around $1:00. However good news could change all that.

sb9
10-02-2021, 08:39 AM
Still no sign of quarterly update...

winner69
12-02-2021, 09:00 AM
more good news

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/IKE/367459/340157.pdf

sb9
12-02-2021, 09:03 AM
more good news

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/IKE/367459/340157.pdf

For sure and like their wording, "several market tailwinds support high growth potential of the IKE business"...

JSwan
12-02-2021, 09:26 AM
Anyone have the note published by Bell Potter? Interested to have a read on it

percy
12-02-2021, 10:02 AM

I have left a message on IKE's COO Chris Birkett's phone requesting he said me a copy.
Perhaps others may also ring him.[04] 382 8064.

winner69
12-02-2021, 10:05 AM
I have left a message on IKE's COO Chris Birkett's phone requesting he said me a copy.

Left a message suggesting he ask Bell Potter if he can put it on the IKE website

winner69
12-02-2021, 10:10 AM

JUSTASKPERCY -- No 3 Race 3 Awapuni today

Bit of a roughy at $25 but apparently well position ....and seems an omen bet

Simsee
12-02-2021, 10:19 AM
Gives a buy recommend at $1.35 target. Good report you can access for free at bell potter by signup for 14 day trial. Easy to do

sb9
12-02-2021, 10:41 AM
Gives a buy recommend at $1.35 target. Good report you can access for free at bell potter by signup for 14 day trial. Easy to do

Can you confirm if that tp in A$ or NZ$.

Simsee
12-02-2021, 12:24 PM
Can you confirm if that tp in A$ or NZ$.
Sorry should have said aud. Very comprehensive report and a good read for the future of Ike

Leftfield
12-02-2021, 01:21 PM

Thanks for sharing. Purchased a few more today now 12% of my portfolio and up 27% on my DCA. Not planning to add more. Happy to be patient.

winner69
13-02-2021, 12:53 PM
Wouldn’t want IKE to get on the radar of these ‘crooks’ and do what they did to Nearmap in OZ

Suppose IKE to small anyway

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/analysts-defend-nearmap-against-short-seller-s-attack-20210212-p571z3.html

percy
13-02-2021, 01:23 PM
Yes IKE being so much smaller with a market cap of just $146 mil compared to NEA's $1,063 mil,they would have trouble borrowing/renting stock,and leave them selves open to a big squeeze.

Pegasus2000
17-02-2021, 11:21 AM
https://themarketherald.com.au/ikegps-asxike-posts-slightly-soft-revenue-for-december-2021-quarter-2021-02-13/?utm_source=ST&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ShareTrader+AM+Update+for+Monday+15+F ebruary+2021

Leftfield
18-02-2021, 08:06 AM
Lots of media coverage in USA of the power infrastructure not coping in their harsh winter. Particularly in Texas. IKE to the rescue I hope.

sb9
16-03-2021, 12:30 PM
What's going on here....

Pegasus2000
17-03-2021, 11:33 AM
ADMIN: IKE: ikeGPS - Non executive director intends to stand down
IKE
17/03/2021 08:31
ADMIN
NOT PRICE SENSITIVE
REL: 0831 HRS ikeGPS Group Limited

Bill Morrow to leave the IKE Board

ikeGPS (IKE) today announced that non-executive director Bill Morrow intends
to stand down from the IKE Board on or before 30 April 2021. Bill has
recently accepted a senior executive position at AT&T Inc., the world's
largest communications company, as CEO of DirecTV, the business that in 2020
had US$28 billion in revenues, 17 million customers, and 13,000 employees.

Commenting, IKE Chairman Rick Christie, said "On behalf of the Board I would
like to greatly thank Bill for his valuable contributions over the past two
and a half years as the IKE business has gone from strength to strength in
the U.S. market. We wish him well in his new and considerable role, and on
his move to Los Angeles'.

Bill Morrow, said, "It is bitter-sweet that in taking on this new executive
position that I am required to step away from IKE in a non-executive
capacity. I believe strongly in the long-term growth potential of the
business and look forward to remaining in contact with the team in an
informal advisory capacity".

ENDS

Pegasus2000
17-03-2021, 11:33 AM
The website has a quite slow response - double post - deleted

justakiwi
19-03-2021, 11:48 AM
Another positive announcement today.

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/IKE/369378/342664.pdf

Timesurfer
19-03-2021, 11:02 PM
Hopefully, we will see a bit more momentum now. It has been pretty slow and steady for a while - mostly slow.
But still holding a sizeable stake waiting for global domination.

jimdog31
25-03-2021, 12:59 PM
Anybody watch the latest presentation at the small cap conference? I must say this would have to be one of the most highly underrated potentials we have on the NZX right now. I feel they have more upside potential than say plexure, without all the BS PR, a reasonable moat, and in a solid infrastructure sector. Can anyone convince me im wrong??

Bell potters coverage at $1.40 seems to have gone completely unnoticed also.

macduffy
25-03-2021, 01:30 PM
Anybody watch the latest presentation at the small cap conference? I must say this would have to be one of the most highly underrated potentials we have on the NZX right now. I feel they have more upside potential than say plexure, without all the BS PR, a reasonable moat, and in a solid infrastructure sector. Can anyone convince me im wrong??

I agree, jimdog. Remember, though, we're all rather sceptical of brokers' price targets!

;)

Brain
25-03-2021, 01:35 PM

I agree with you Mr Dog. The software seems good and all they they need to do is sell it Which they seem to be able to do. One foot in front of the other for Ike whereas there are too many fish hooks for Plexure.

Biscuit
25-03-2021, 02:04 PM
I agree with you Mr Dog. The software seems good and all they they need to do is sell it Which they seem to be able to do. One foot in front of the other for Ike whereas there are too many fish hooks for Plexure.

I quite like both stories and have no idea which, if either, will shine or fizzle.

percy
25-03-2021, 02:15 PM
IKE
17/03/2021 08:31
ADMIN
NOT PRICE SENSITIVE
REL: 0831 HRS ikeGPS Group Limited

Bill Morrow to leave the IKE Board

ikeGPS (IKE) today announced that non-executive director Bill Morrow intends
to stand down from the IKE Board on or before 30 April 2021. Bill has
recently accepted a senior executive position at AT&T Inc., the world's
largest communications company, as CEO of DirecTV, the business that in 2020
had US$28 billion in revenues, 17 million customers, and 13,000 employees.

Commenting, IKE Chairman Rick Christie, said "On behalf of the Board I would
like to greatly thank Bill for his valuable contributions over the past two
and a half years as the IKE business has gone from strength to strength in
the U.S. market. We wish him well in his new and considerable role, and on
his move to Los Angeles'.

Bill Morrow, said, "It is bitter-sweet that in taking on this new executive
position that I am required to step away from IKE in a non-executive
capacity. I believe strongly in the long-term growth potential of the
business and look forward to remaining in contact with the team in an
informal advisory capacity".

ENDS

IKE has been able to attract top people to the board.Bill Morrow was one.
The Chairman Rick Christie was long time CEO of Rangatira [listed usx.co.nz] and very successful Chairman at Ebos.
Mark Ratcliff was ceo of Chorus.
Top people,top company.

jimdog31
25-03-2021, 04:13 PM
I agree, jimdog. Remember, though, we're all rather sceptical of brokers' price targets!

;)

Totally, although often you see some short term appreciation towards it, followed by a pullback. Haven't seen anything like that! Basically this company has put out positive after positive announcement, including a acquisition, and a gateway client and yet its still sitting beneath a $1! Its clearly not sexy enough, although for me this is the girl next door you marry!.

I'm quite comfortable acquiring more and more of these for the bottom drawer.

Imagine if this were on the NASDAQ

jimdog31
25-03-2021, 04:20 PM
IKE has been able to attract top people to the board.Bill Morrow was one.
The Chairman Rick Christie was long time CEO of Rangatira
[listed usx.co.nz] and very successful Chairman at Ebos.
Mark Ratcliff was ceo of Chorus.
Top people,top company.

I read this announcement as good for long term for Ike with regards to future collaboration and partnership. Surely IKE would be a candidate for someone like AT & T to acquire? Your thoughts percy?

Biscuit
25-03-2021, 05:00 PM
T.......Basically this company has put out positive after positive announcement, including a acquisition, and a gateway client and yet its still sitting beneath a $1! ....

On the other-hand, if you look at the last financial report: revenue down; expenses up, profit down. Nothing to excite punters there yet?

Timesurfer
25-03-2021, 05:28 PM
Been a bit more activity of late. Although the Aussies seem to be offloading to keep the price depressed.
One day ... one day.

percy
25-03-2021, 05:53 PM
I read this announcement as good for long term for Ike with regards to future collaboration and partnership. Surely IKE would be a candidate for someone like AT & T to acquire? Your thoughts percy?

IKE had to bulk up their balance sheet.The issue was well supported.I think their big US companies had concerns about dealing with a small company,perhaps being seen as under financed..I am just guessing this.
The huge US companies are making a big commitment to IKE, by aligning their systems to IKE's.So if IKE went bust it would cost the major telegraph and electric companies a great deal to replace IKE's systems.
This could mean IKE is attractive to AT&T and others in the sector. They could also be of great interest to a private equity fund, owning a company with such a strong major blue chip client base.

Pegasus2000
26-03-2021, 11:40 AM

Totally agree, jimdog31. No bull****. Also they are thinking about the future and acquired a drone inspection company. Anything related to the poles might use their system for installation and maintenance.

sb9
26-03-2021, 01:26 PM

Watched the replay of presentation y'day, this is one truly is a little sleeping giant. It'll pop big time soon, in the meantime someone's happy to feed the buying interest at current price levels.

percy
31-03-2021, 08:35 AM
Another great director coming onboard.
http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/IKE/369989/343408.pdf

jimdog31
31-03-2021, 08:50 AM
Another great director coming onboard.
http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/IKE/369989/343408.pdf

With all the right connections too.....and share price has dropped to 95c.

I reiterate my belief this has some of the best long term potential on the nzx.

will keep buying!

sb9
31-03-2021, 04:22 PM
With all the right connections too.....and share price has dropped to 95c.

I reiterate my belief this has some of the best long term potential on the nzx.

will keep buying!

What a great addition is Eileen to the board, she has got incredible experience and great background for a company like IKE.
Anything under a buck now will look like a huge bargain in year's time.

Timesurfer
31-03-2021, 05:08 PM
I think this is a real sleeper. Mainly because the majority of shares are tightly held by the insiders we don't see the same trading activity and the market gets bored so a few sales drive the price down over time.
Potentially COVID had a bit to do with cooling the 5g roll out but we should start to see some cranking over the next 12 months or I have misplaced my trust and a sizeable stake.

sb9
28-04-2021, 04:08 PM
FY21 performance update for 12 months period ending March 21 shouldn't be that far away...

jimdog31
05-05-2021, 08:55 AM
there 180 million power poles in the USA alone.

back of the envelope stuff here, but if one company has 350,000 poles that translate to $1.2 million in transaction revenue in a year, the size if the addressable market is.....

when will people recognise this has as much upside as PEB

percy
05-05-2021, 09:03 AM
I wish you had said as much upside as PAZ rather than PEB...,lol.

Disc hold IKE and PAZ,and never held PEB.

Rawz
05-05-2021, 09:07 AM
there 180 million power poles in the USA alone.

back of the envelope stuff here, but if one company has 350,000 poles that translate to $1.2 million in transaction revenue in a year, the size if the addressable market is.....

when will people recognise this has as much upside as PEB

Does IKE earn any reoccurring revenue on these power poles or is it a one charge thing? Then wait 50 years for the next service?

Sorry if that seems like a silly question. I don't know much about IKE GPS but listened to a podcast the other day talking about how the USA electricity network is completely outdated and billions and billions will need to be spent upgrading it for the coming green electricity revolution (electric vs fossil fuels). At the time I thought this company could benefit but havnt had time to do any research.

Thanks in advance

Leftfield
05-05-2021, 09:10 AM
Nice market update from IKE see it here (https://www.nzx.com/announcements/371652).

FY22 looking exciting.

"We are also pleased with the broader strength of new contract wins over the quarter to 31 March, of approximately $5.4m, and now with contract wins in the initial weeks of Q1 FY22, of approximately $2.2m. This provides real momentum for growth for our FY22 to March 2022.”

sb9
05-05-2021, 09:41 AM
I wish you had said as much upside as PAZ rather than PEB...,lol.

Disc hold IKE and PAZ,and never held PEB.

Well said and then there is always a prospect of Corporate play with this one in the form of Takeover/Scheme of Arrangement.

Leftfield
05-05-2021, 10:02 AM
Does IKE earn any reoccurring revenue on these power poles or is it a one charge thing? Then wait 50 years for the next service? Sorry if that seems like a silly question. Thanks in advance

IKE will gain reoccurring SAAS revenue. Read a few of their last annual reports and you will appreciate how their business model has changed..... In FY20 approx 70% of IKE's revenue described as "reoccurring or subscription transaction services."

"The transition to the IKE Analyze business model was initiated in FY19 and was matured through FY20. Adding
to our historical model of selling field tools and software subscriptions, IKE Analyze leverages our cloud-based pole software platform so that IKE can deliver significantly more value to customers via engineering reports and analysis. The depth and specificity of the IKE Analyze offering for distribution asset projects is important and provides an opportunity to access materially larger customer contracts. As a result of this product transition, approximately 70% of FY20 revenue was derived from either recurring subscription or transaction sources."

Rawz
05-05-2021, 10:15 AM
IKE will gain reoccurring SAAS revenue. Read a few of their last annual reports and you will appreciate how their business model has changed..... In FY20 approx 70% of IKE's revenue described as "reoccurring or subscription transaction services."

"The transition to the IKE Analyze business model was initiated in FY19 and was matured through FY20. Adding
to our historical model of selling field tools and software subscriptions, IKE Analyze leverages our cloud-based pole software platform so that IKE can deliver significantly more value to customers via engineering reports and analysis. The depth and specificity of the IKE Analyze offering for distribution asset projects is important and provides an opportunity to access materially larger customer contracts. As a result of this product transition, approximately 70% of FY20 revenue was derived from either recurring subscription or transaction sources."

Thanks LF, my interest has been piqued :)

justakiwi
05-05-2021, 10:45 AM
And away goes the SP!

bullfrog
05-05-2021, 12:03 PM
I am an investor in IKE, but do have some reservations, mainly over whether its the best solution for data collection in the field. I can't help thinking that for a quick and dirty assessment of pole conditions, a drone would be best. It's the scale of the problem that I'd struggle with if I was the CEO of a utility company. I'd do a drone or fly by with a high resolution camera/GPS to assess overall network condition. IKE seems to be in the more detailed asset inspection phase, which is nice for accountants to work out renewal budgets, optimised depreciated replacement cost, etc, but probably doesn't add much for the operations managers.

A very niche solution provider. Could be huge, but could be cut off by a rough and ready outfit giving the pole companies a "good enough to get started" solution.

justakiwi
05-05-2021, 12:36 PM
Somehow I doubt the companies that are currently using IKE, or those considering engaging them, would be interested in a “good enough to get started” solution. Efficient, high quality data collection is essential when one is talking about networks of millions of poles. Not just for current major upgrades but for future, ongoing maintenance and regulatory requirements. This market is huge.

A very niche solution provider. Could be huge, but could be cut off by a rough and ready outfit giving the pole companies a "good enough to get started" solution.

percy
05-05-2021, 12:41 PM
I am an investor in IKE, but do have some reservations, mainly over whether its the best solution for data collection in the field. I can't help thinking that for a quick and dirty assessment of pole conditions, a drone would be best. It's the scale of the problem that I'd struggle with if I was the CEO of a utility company. I'd do a drone or fly by with a high resolution camera/GPS to assess overall network condition. IKE seems to be in the more detailed asset inspection phase, which is nice for accountants to work out renewal budgets, optimised depreciated replacement cost, etc, but probably doesn't add much for the operations managers.

Note mention of using drones and smart phones to collect pole data.
https://stocknessmonster.com/announcements/ike.nzx-365791/

bullfrog
05-05-2021, 01:48 PM
Note mention of using drones and smart phones to collect pole data.
https://stocknessmonster.com/announcements/ike.nzx-365791/

Yep, saw that, it's got to be the way to go. Concerned that they're over complicating the solution. I've rejected software because of too many bells n whistles, just too hard/too many boxes to tick in the field on a rainy day. A fly-by that can be reviewed in the office is a great solution.

KISS and IKE should be unstoppable. Just a risk for investors to consider. More drones, less shoe leather. It'll be the company that offers the most efficient field gathering data solution that'll win the big contracts.

justakiwi
05-05-2021, 01:58 PM
There is a great deal more to checking, analysing and monitoring poles than you might think - especially hardwood poles. A fly-by review no doubt has it’s place, but in relation to structural pole safety in particular, you need more than a “quick glance.”

Yep, saw that, it's got to be the way to go. Concerned that they're over complicating the solution. I've rejected software because of too many bells n whistles, just too hard/too many boxes to tick in the field on a rainy day. A fly-by that can be reviewed in the office is a great solution.

KISS and IKE should be unstoppable. Just a risk for investors to consider. More drones, less shoe leather. It'll be the company that offers the most efficient field gathering data solution that'll win the big contracts.

bullfrog
05-05-2021, 02:55 PM
"Undoubtedly, the next evolution of mass field data collection will involve drones and LIDAR. When that standard is set, IKE Analyze will be ready to optimize data from both those sources. Until then, we will keep providing and optimizing the IKE device that has already revolutionized field data collection."

Quote from the IKE website.

Seems they have acknowledged the risk and hopefully have plans to make it into an opportunity. Partnership with General Atomics Technologies Corp., Northrop Grumman Corporation, Textron Inc., AeroVironment Inc. and Boeing Company would be nice.

sb9
27-05-2021, 02:29 PM
Buy depth looking very strong, hasn't seen that in a while. Time for catch up with all good news perhaps...

Timesurfer
27-05-2021, 04:53 PM
Buy depth looking very strong, hasn't seen that in a while. Time for catch up with all good news perhaps...

Hopefully someone knows about some more good news on the way.

jimdog31
31-05-2021, 02:42 PM
Finally punters are realising this one is a no brainer!

Leftfield
31-05-2021, 04:32 PM
Results just out..... see here (https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/dynamic/announcement.aspx?id=5697742)

Pretty much BAU for FY21 but FY22 and beyond looking v interesting.

+ IKE has closed approximately $8.8m of new contracts in calendar 2021 as the
North America market has emerged from COVID-19 impacts and network projects
are accelerated.
+ The final quarter of FY21 to March was strong, with record new contracts
closed as project deferrals through calendar 2020 were eased.
? Approximately $5.4m of contracts were closed in Q4. A majority of the
associated revenue is expected to be recognized through IKE's FY22 period to
March 2022.

sb9
31-05-2021, 04:39 PM
Very bullish outlook for FY22 :t_up:

Leftfield
31-05-2021, 04:43 PM
Very bullish outlook for FY22 :t_up:

But wait..... there is more......(updating what IKE has said previously)

Broader market tailwinds continue to support the growth potential of IKE's
business, with more than $300b forecast to be invested into fiber and 5G
infrastructure over the next five plus years, with the potential for more the
$80b of government funding for rural broadband initiatives, and with more
than 3,000 electric utilities needing to address the challenges of network
assessments, strengthening, engineering, and maintenance. The IKE platform
delivers network assessment, execution and maintenance processes that are
faster, safer, and to a higher quality data standard.

Nor
31-05-2021, 05:45 PM
Leaky ship then?

justakiwi
31-05-2021, 06:04 PM
How on earth do you come to that conclusion?

Leaky ship then?

Nor
31-05-2021, 06:38 PM
5% jump day before results. After being in the doldrums for some time.

justakiwi
31-05-2021, 07:05 PM
https://www.google.com/search?q=mate+you%27re+dreaming+gif&oq=youre+dremaing+mate&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0i13j0i22i30l2.8522j0j7&client=ms-android-oppo-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:5f6e4f88,vid:h8vCsTAPt30,st:0 ;)

5% jump day before results. After being in the doldrums for some time.

Nor
31-05-2021, 07:51 PM
Check the chart.

justakiwi
31-05-2021, 11:32 PM
Charts are not the be-all and end-all. I prefer to study the company and get a good understanding of what it is they do. This company has smarts. They know what they are doing and understand the huge potential the electricity and telecommunications sectors present. Share price simply reflects the fact that I'm not the only one who believes it.

Vee Vee
01-06-2021, 02:20 AM
The chart is telling us someone had inside knowledge and started buying before the announcement reversing a falling price trend.
That's what Nor is saying.

I like the prospects for IKE too but was a bit bemused at the sudden uptrend with no announcement myself.
All becomes clear now.

Nor
01-06-2021, 06:23 AM
The chart is telling us someone had inside knowledge and started buying before the announcement reversing a falling price trend.

I like the prospects for IKE too but was a bit bemused at the sudden uptrend with no announcement myself.
All becomes clear now.
Thanks Vee Vee.

jimdog31
01-06-2021, 06:24 AM

All becomes clear now.

Nah, i disagree. most of that info was in the public domain already, there was no bombshells in it. The share price will probably drop post results today as is normal for most companies currently

Leftfield
01-06-2021, 07:46 AM
Nah, i disagree. most of that info was in the public domain already, there was no bombshells in it. The share price will probably drop post results today as is normal for most companies currently

Agree..... let's see what the SP does today before we subscribe to another conspiracy theory.

FWIW I think the FY21 result was well signalled and was no surprise. Much now depends on forward looking statements in today's analysts briefing.

justakiwi
01-06-2021, 08:06 AM
The chart is telling you someone started buying before the results announcement. It is not
telling you they had inside knowledge. That is nothing more than supposition. It is much more likely that whoever was buying was anticipating a positive results announcement and topping up in advance. If I had had funds available I'd have done exactly that.

But hey, what do I know.

All becomes clear now.

percy
01-06-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Tuesday I brought GTK before their announcement on thursday as I thought it would be good.Got it right.
I think others were confident IKE would come up with the goods and got in before the announcement.
Just all normal to me,in fact I would say "no surprises there."

tango
01-06-2021, 10:16 AM
Last Tuesday I brought GTK before their announcement on thursday as I thought it would be good.Got it right.
I think others were confident IKE would come up with the goods and got in before the announcement.
Just all normal to me,in fact I would say "no surprises there."

I have been on the fence with GTK for a while because of their UK problems. I have been holding and not adding but you were smart to pick it and buy in advance

As for IKE. I see long term potential for this company to continue to grow. Seems like a good product backed up by good marketing and management

percy
01-06-2021, 11:26 AM
GTK.I am surprised how much the market has rerated them.Good and bad in the result.Next update should paint a clearer picture.
IKE.I agree with your comments.However it is their "stickiness" which I see as their moat.Once their big clients go onto IKE's system, I see them there "until death do us part.".

percy
01-06-2021, 11:27 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

petty
01-06-2021, 11:47 AM
Agree..... let's see what the SP does today before we subscribe to another conspiracy theory.

FWIW I think the FY21 result was well signalled and was no surprise. Much now depends on forward looking statements in today's analysts briefing.

Agree. Well signalled and inline with my expectations. Nice to know some companies have a good handle on ability to forecast.

justakiwi
01-06-2021, 12:29 PM
I agree. From what I can tell most clients are signing on the dotted line, after an initial trial period. As long as those trial periods continue to demonstrate that IKE has an excellent product and can deliver what they say they will, clients will jump onboard and commit long term. The long term relationships/commitments is where the money will be. The pool of potential clients is huge.

IKE.I agree with your comments.However it is their "stickiness" which I see as their moat.Once their big clients go onto IKE's system, I see them there "until death do us part.".

jimdog31
01-06-2021, 01:34 PM
I agree. From what I can tell most clients are signing on the dotted line, after an initial trial period. As long as those trial periods continue to demonstrate that IKE has an excellent product and can deliver what they say they will, clients will jump onboard and commit long term. The long term relationships/commitments is where the money will be. The pool of potential clients is huge.

Listening to that investor briefing fills me with confidence these guys are going to be rather large in a few years time!

justakiwi
01-06-2021, 01:36 PM
From the webinar just now … not word for word but close enough.

”We aim to build decades long relationships … and be the partner they can’t live without”

Timesurfer
01-06-2021, 01:38 PM
Possibly a bit slower growth forecast than one might have wished for.
I like the positioning in the market that will assimilate rather than go head to head with various competition streams.
And the ability to franchise or white label the IKE platform is also nice string to the bow - following in the footsteps of the likes of SKO.
Still looking like a safe money bet if not an exciting money bet in the immediate future.

sb9
01-06-2021, 01:39 PM
After watching the presentation and from Q&A, think they'll do at least $20mln revenue for FY22.

jimdog31
01-06-2021, 01:57 PM
After watching the presentation and from Q&A, think they'll do at least $20mln revenue for FY22.

minimum!! does anyone have any insight into who their competitors are? and what P/e ratio the sector operates at?

jg8512
01-06-2021, 02:01 PM
good presso. Hard to get a good handle on margins, growth rates, etc but in a nutshall IKE seeks to earn annuity-like revenues by providing innovative and efficiency-enhancing services with respect to mission-critical assets of essential services providers (monopolies). that is a very sound investment thesis, even if modelling value is hard.

Leftfield
01-06-2021, 02:42 PM
Listening to that investor briefing fills me with confidence these guys are going to be rather large in a few years time!

Couldn't attend, but have read the presentation docs.......impressive.....around $9m new contracts signed since Jan 2021.

GLH and hope sb9 is on target with $20mln revenue for FY22! :t_up:

tango
01-06-2021, 07:06 PM
From the webinar just now … not word for word but close enough.

”We aim to build decades long relationships … and be the partner they can’t live without”

Yessss! Exactly what Percy said about "stickiness"

This company seems to be doing everything right
You can have a company with a great product and crap marketing that never goes anywhere (Blis and Rakon come to mind although they have shaken up their marketing and management a little in the last year) but this one has it all

Leftfield
01-06-2021, 08:12 PM
minimum!! does anyone have any insight into who their competitors are? and what P/e ratio the sector operates at?

If you go back and read their annual reports and their recent competitive acquisition you will see competitors discussed. Don't recall any discussion of competitive P/e's.

sb9
03-06-2021, 11:57 AM
Finally, starting to crank up...

justakiwi
03-06-2021, 12:36 PM
Sure is :)

Finally, starting to crank up...

Leftfield
03-06-2021, 12:42 PM
Analysts presentation must have done the trick!

Well done patient holders, much more upside yet. :t_up:

jimdog31
03-06-2021, 01:49 PM
need to start watching depth on aus side. huge buying queue. its been largely ignored in aus until now

jimdog31
03-06-2021, 04:57 PM
need to start watching depth on aus side. huge buying queue. its been largely ignored in aus until now

Check it out12570

justakiwi
04-06-2021, 11:31 AM
And up it goes. Having one of those “I knew I should have transferred those funds and bought more last week” moments ;)

Timesurfer
08-06-2021, 06:18 PM
Oddly weak this side of the Tasman compared to the other.

sb9
08-06-2021, 10:13 PM
Oddly weak this side of the Tasman compared to the other.

Need to get one or two big boys on board to get a meaningful traction.

Will happen eventually but takes time, happy to play waiting game here.

sb9
15-06-2021, 01:31 PM
Sprung into action again today, after moving sideways over past few days, First big resistance at 1.15.

sb9
23-06-2021, 10:07 AM
About time for market to apply higher multiple and further re-rating.

jimdog31
23-06-2021, 10:20 AM
About time for market to apply higher multiple and further re-rating.

Maybe PX1 should take some advice on how to sign customers from IKE, they just keep hitting em out of the park!

Ninefingers
23-06-2021, 10:34 AM
$3.4m in contracts signed last quarter and already at $1.5m in contracts this quarter. Go IKE.

Ninefingers
23-06-2021, 10:39 AM
$3.4m in contracts signed last quarter and already at $1.5m in contracts this quarter. Go IKE.

Hmm from announcement $5.4m last quarter

FY21 presentation numbers were $3.4m last quarter, is one wrong?

sb9
23-06-2021, 10:43 AM

They should do $20ml in revenue for FY22 very easily on back of this and pipeline of earlier contracts. With huge investment going into US infrastructure and 5G network, they are positioned well to take advantage.

Maybe PX1 should take some advice on how to sign customers from IKE, they just keep hitting em out of the park!

Couldn't agree more, hoping that wall at 1.15 get taken out today.

Timesurfer
23-06-2021, 11:55 AM
Momentum building. Hopefully patient shareholders will start to see the fruits of their endeavours soon.
I am certainly well positioned for the next step up.

Leftfield
23-06-2021, 12:03 PM
Yep good news for holders. Onwards and upwards. Just on 18% of my portfolio, so not adding.... tho' happy to be well above worry level.

Timesurfer
23-06-2021, 01:18 PM
Yep good news for holders. Onwards and upwards. Just on 18% of my portfolio, so not adding.... tho' happy to be well above worry level.
Yep around 30% of mine and sitting on 72% return. I took the gamble it was safe money during COVID. However, it has been a tough hold the past 12 months as I watch many of my other stocks race away.
Firm believer in their vision and business model.

Leftfield
23-06-2021, 01:34 PM
Yep around 30% of mine and sitting on 72% return. I took the gamble it was safe money during COVID. However, it has been a tough hold the past 12 months as I watch many of my other stocks race away.
Firm believer in their vision and business model.

You are indeed well positioned. I reckon FY22 is going to be exciting for all holders. No worries.

sb9
25-06-2021, 07:54 AM
This should further give more tailwind to IKE and other players in respective fields..

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-senators-agree-to-roughly-1-trillion-infrastructure-plan-11624553972

Biden, Senators Agree to Roughly $1 Trillion Infrastructure PlanPlan secures bipartisan agreement on overhauling the nation’s transportation, water and broadband infrastructure

jg8512
02-07-2021, 03:44 PM
"Slow and steady may yet win the race" https://www.nbr.co.nz/node/230677
(from last week's NBR). nice recap, no new insights

Roskat
16-07-2021, 09:01 AM
Anyone concerned?

Dlownz
16-07-2021, 09:25 AM
Anyone concerned?

About what

justakiwi
16-07-2021, 09:29 AM
Not in the least. IKE is going places. Long term hold for me.

Recent announcement re some staffing changes may have spooked some people, hence drop in SP. But I would say their fears are unfounded. Wish I had funds to buy more while the price is down.

Anyone concerned?

Roskat
16-07-2021, 09:39 AM
Thanks for your thought justakiwi .

justakiwi
16-07-2021, 10:06 AM
Please don't base any decisions on my comments. I am not much more than a beginner so anything I say, is purely my personal opinion based on my own research and understanding of the company.

Thanks for your thought justakiwi .

Dlownz
16-07-2021, 10:07 AM
I wouldn't say the price is down. Its at a level where I see it tracing back more still yet. May get back to the $1.00 mark on no news.

macduffy
16-07-2021, 12:05 PM
I don't see much point in speculating about a future shareprice at this time. IKE is demonstrating its growth potential - the price will follow.

Timesurfer
16-07-2021, 12:59 PM
Typical IKE movement. Trickles down under low volume trading until someone wants in and then it spikes up because of the low volumes traded.
News of one of the big players that they are contracted to making a significant switch across their network is what we patiently wait for.

Leftfield
16-07-2021, 01:30 PM
Typical IKE movement. Trickles down under low volume trading until someone wants in and then it spikes up because of the low volumes traded...News of one of the big players that they are contracted to making a significant switch across their network is what we patiently wait for.

Contracts are good but news of significant increases in revenue and (dare I say it)... profit, is what I'm patiently waiting for....... reckon it will be FY22.

sunnysleeper11
16-07-2021, 01:50 PM
Does anyone follow their financials closely? Is a CR on the cards?

percy
16-07-2021, 02:02 PM
Cash and receivables of approximately $14m, and no debt.Refer page 7
https://www.nzx.com/announcements/373228

sb9
16-07-2021, 04:25 PM
Typical IKE movement. Trickles down under low volume trading until someone wants in and then it spikes up because of the low volumes traded.
News of one of the big players that they are contracted to making a significant switch across their network is what we patiently wait for.

Once it catches attention of a big infrastructure player in US, it'll either be gobbled up or become strategic stakeholder like Booking.com in SKO.

winner69
27-07-2021, 08:38 AM
Some big positive numbers in the % Change column

Seems all going well with IKE

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/IKE/376230/350997.pdf

percy
27-07-2021, 09:08 AM
"Market tailwinds continue to support the growth potential of the IKE business in North
America, with more than $350b forecast to be invested into fiber and 5G infrastructure
over the next five plus years and with more than 3,000 electric utilities needing to address
the challenges of network build, strengthening, and maintenance, The IKE solutions
deliver network construction and maintenance processes that are faster, safer, and to a
higher quality data standard."

Leftfield
27-07-2021, 09:13 AM
Some big positive numbers in the % Change column

Seems all going well with IKE

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/IKE/376230/350997.pdf

Good info and reporting. PX1 could learn something. Onwards and upwards for IKE

ecuttel
27-07-2021, 10:39 AM
NWR Virtual investor conference has Glen Milnes CEO from iKE talking at 8:30 Aus time on 2/8/21 ... register link

https://nwrconference.webflow.io/

petty
27-07-2021, 10:57 AM
Good info and reporting. PX1 could learn something. Onwards and upwards for IKE

Im not sure PX1 would have much to report.

Have a few observations from the report that the team here may have some insight on.

a) Comparisons in this report are on Q1 a year ago which we know was at the peak of USA COVID so not likely a great comparison period. Im not getting too excited yet. (Although contracts won by 1/4 is really impressive)
b) Both # of platform transaction and #of subscription customers gre a lot faster than the respective fields revenue. Is this a product mix, pricing, size of customer or timing issue?
c) I find it a little strange that you would enter into a 3 year MSA and not have a quantifiable estimate of revenue that could be reported. Not many MSA I am aware of are signed without some expectation of volume of work.

Aside from that Im impressed with the regularity of updates. Lots of potential here.

Valiant
30-07-2021, 09:16 AM
Petty, agreed cant get too excited given what was going on in the market during the PCP. A comment from their HY21 results announcement "As previously advised, IKE and its customers in North America were impacted by COVID-19 through Q1 to June 2020. As context, and despite the ‘essential’ status of IKE and its electric utility and communications customers, the initial approximately 90-days of COVID-19 saw new sales and pipeline volumes decrease 50-70% versus subsequent levels through Q2 FY21".

It appears the revenue generated from subscriptions is fairly consistent but its the transaction revenue that has very low revenue growth for such a high % change in billable transactions. I'm not sure of the answer to this but think pricing and product mix as you've highlighted would be likely greatest influences. They've said transaction revenue is going to be the "major revenue growth engine" going forward, anyone else have thoughts on what is impacting the Transactions revenue?

Hopefully as the year progresses and we get these quarterly updates it will help build a better picture of the companies performance. I've said previously that its all fair and good that every announcement they state the market tailwinds of $350b forecast spend over the next 5 years (they've said this almost every announcement in the past year ++) but executing their change to a subscription model is going to be very important. Looking good, sticking around to see what they can achieve over the next 12 months..

percy
30-07-2021, 05:58 PM
US Infrastructure bill.
$73 billion for modernizing the nation's electric grid and expanding the use of renewable energy,and $65 billion to expand broadband access,a particular problem for rural areas and tribual communties.

IKE are "well positioned."

sb9
02-08-2021, 11:16 AM
NWR Virtual investor conference has Glen Milnes CEO from iKE talking at 8:30 Aus time on 2/8/21 ... register link

Just finished watching that webinar. As usual Glenn sounded very upbeat at what's happening in the infrastructure space under Biden's watch. Some nice tailwinds over next few years for them.

justakiwi
02-08-2021, 11:44 AM
Do you know if this is available anywhere to watch now?

Just finished watching that webinar. As usual Glenn sounded very upbeat at what's happening in the infrastructure space under Biden's watch. Some nice tailwinds over next few years for them.

sb9
02-08-2021, 11:45 AM
Do you know if this is available anywhere to watch now?

Not sure but you can try on NWR website, who facilitated this webinar.

ecuttel
02-08-2021, 11:52 AM

Scroll down to the bottom of todays list and there is a replay option

justakiwi
02-08-2021, 12:12 PM
Thanks but the replay option must only be available to those who were already registered. When I click on it I get a message saying the webinar is over and you are unable to register.

Thanks anyway!

Scroll down to the bottom of todays list and there is a replay option

ecuttel
02-08-2021, 12:55 PM
Bugger... they have in the past posted them to YT a day or so later, here is a link to the one in March ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhMhfJK6bx4

Valiant
03-08-2021, 07:38 AM
Flick an email to NWR and they'll provide you a link to the webinar recording. They previously did this for me.

jg8512
03-08-2021, 08:16 AM
Flick an email to NWR and they'll provide you a link to the webinar recording. They previously did this for me.
I contacted them yesterday, and they fixed it pronto. Good presso, Q and A (last 10 mins) is best if you've seen IKE present previously.

justakiwi
03-08-2021, 09:38 AM
Awesome. Many thanks :)

I contacted them yesterday, and they fixed it pronto. Good presso, Q and A (last 10 mins) is best if you've seen IKE present previously.

Leftfield
09-08-2021, 08:38 AM
Trading halt and capital raise announced here. (https://www.nzx.com/announcements/376876)

Interesting times.... more acquisitions?

Timesurfer
09-08-2021, 09:31 AM
Trading halt and capital raise announced here. (https://www.nzx.com/announcements/376876)

Interesting times.... more acquisitions?

You’d have to assume something like that is afoot, as there didn’t appear to be any other indicator for an impending capital raise?

justakiwi
09-08-2021, 09:52 AM
Or major expansion of existing products/services/staffing, to ensure they have the capacity to reap major rewards from the new infrastructure bill?

You’d have to assume something like that is afoot, as there didn’t appear to be any other indicator for an impending capital raise?

Watchful
09-08-2021, 09:57 AM
The announcement seems pretty straightforward -

“ Part of IKE’s stated growth objectives is the completion of acquisitions. For instance, in H2 FY21, IKE acquired the assets of Visual Globe LLC. IKE proposes to carry out the share placement and the share purchase plan in order to ensure it is well capitalised to execute on potential future acquisition opportunities as those opportunities arise, as well as to fund organic growth opportunities.”

Valiant
09-08-2021, 10:14 AM
A interesting article on CNBC re AT&T / Verizon 5G rollout and the challenges they face with attracting customers.

Question is, will this impact their planned infrastructure investment? Time will tell.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/07/verizon-att-try-to-convince-americans-they-need-5g-now.html (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/07/verizon-att-try-to-convince-americans-they-need-5g-now.html)

whatsup
09-08-2021, 01:27 PM
Wonder what the SPP price will be $1-00 ?

Nor
09-08-2021, 02:00 PM
AFR says 95c Australian I suppose.

percy
11-08-2021, 08:53 AM
AFR says 95c Australian I suppose.

Yes au 95 cents.NZ $1.00.
With such a high discount to last traded price of $1.11 I expect there will be a lot of scaling.
https://www.nzx.com/announcements/377009

Leftfield
11-08-2021, 09:14 AM
Yes au 95 cents.NZ $1.00.
With such a high discount to last traded price of $1.11 I expect there will be a lot of scaling.
https://www.nzx.com/announcements/377009

Good timing with the US$1 Trillion infrastructure bill getting close to finalisation (https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2021/08/10/senate-infrastructure-bill-vote-biden/). Be silly not to participate.

percy
11-08-2021, 09:15 AM
Good timing with the US$1 Trillion infrastructure bill getting close to finalisation (https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2021/08/10/senate-infrastructure-bill-vote-biden/). Be silly not to participate.

Agreed......................................

Leftfield
11-08-2021, 11:07 AM
Here's a link to the nitty gritty investor update behind the recent cap raise. (http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/IKE/377062/351952.pdf)

What's not to like!?

(my only issue is IKE already accounts for 18% of my portfolio.)

percy
11-08-2021, 11:24 AM
Here's a link to the nitty gritty investor update behind the recent cap raise. (http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/IKE/377062/351952.pdf)

What's not to like!?

If IKE goes to 25% or 30% you will know you have a real winner.
Look forward to being overweight...lol.

Leftfield
11-08-2021, 12:31 PM
If IKE goes to 25% or 30% you will know you have a real winner.
Look forward to being overweight...lol.

lol must tell my Doctor about OK being overweight! (not to mention the diwersification police.)

"Well positioned" springs to mind Percy.

percy
11-08-2021, 12:36 PM
lol must tell my Doctor about OK being overweight! (not to mention the diwersification police.)

"Well positioned" springs to mind Percy.

Funny you should say that,I was thinking the same....lol.

turnip
11-08-2021, 01:15 PM
Do you think they have set aside enough shares for the retail offer? I just want to apply for enough to avoid being diluted, from the information so far I will need to apply for 16.8% of my existing holding. But it looks like I might need to apply for more than that in anticipation of scaling if the retail pool is too small.

moose
11-08-2021, 01:53 PM

What's not to like!?

What's not to like!?

The fact that it is $19M+ capital raise with only limited opportunity for existing shareholders - As usual many ordinary holders will end up having their holding diluted.

Leftfield
11-08-2021, 03:24 PM
Do you think they have set aside enough shares for the retail offer? I just want to apply for enough to avoid being diluted...But it looks like I might need to apply for more than that in anticipation of scaling if the retail pool is too small.

Anyone's guess what you'll be allocated. Could be as low as 20%. However you can still buy more on the market on any dips after the cap raise.

What's not to like!? The fact that it is $19M+ capital raise with only limited opportunity for existing shareholders - As usual many ordinary holders will end up having their holding diluted.

There is that........

In general I'm not a fan of either dilution or the uncertainty of allocations. However, in this case, this 'ordinary shareholder' is already 'overweight' so not a great concern personally - especially when I see the potential ahead.

As always DYOR and take responsibility for your own decisions.

turnip
11-08-2021, 03:41 PM
Anyone's guess what you'll be allocated. Could be as low as 20%. However you can still buy more on the market on any dips after the cap raise.

Yep, that is what I did after being scaled back in last year's $0.68 offer, but I ended up paying more than $0.90 to top up on the market. I'd prefer to give my money to the company than to the scalpers, so I think I will apply for a bit extra this time.

Leftfield
11-08-2021, 04:46 PM
Funny thing scaling back. PX1 holders who were scaled back at 1.20 will be happy that it has reduced their losses currently.

PEB holders who got scaled back at under 20c will be somewhat mollified by the subsequent huge appreciation in the SP.

petty
11-08-2021, 08:53 PM
Funny you should mention that. I’ve never held Px1 but flicked over the thread today re cap raise they did last year. I’m going to do a chunk more thinking on this but I’m pretty confident Ike is no PX1.

Timesurfer
11-08-2021, 10:12 PM
Yep, that is what I did after being scaled back in last year's $0.68 offer, but I ended up paying more than $0.90 to top up on the market. I'd prefer to give my money to the company than to the scalpers, so I think I will apply for a bit extra this time.

If it is any consolation I sold down some a couple of weeks ago as I have a kitchen renovation to pay for - but I still hold 100k and change, and I probably won't be in a position to pick up my allocation. Too many pies and not enough fingers!

sb9
12-08-2021, 07:47 AM
If it is any consolation I sold down some a couple of weeks ago as I have a kitchen renovation to pay for - but I still hold 100k and change, and I probably won't be in a position to pick up my allocation. Too many pies and not enough fingers!

Yeah, I'm bit overweight too on this one. Not to the same extent as yours, but have bit too many so might pass on this placement.

whatsup
12-08-2021, 01:00 PM

T....s I guess your upside is paying for the renos, well done, love good stories !

Timesurfer
12-08-2021, 03:59 PM
T....s I guess your upside is paying for the renos, well done, love good stories !

Thanks. I am certainly not complaining - it has been a very good year for me.

sb9
13-08-2021, 10:08 AM
They keep hitting runs on board with those new contracts. Almost become a second nature to them.

Leftfield
13-08-2021, 10:52 AM
They keep hitting runs on board with those new contracts. Almost become a second nature to them.

Here's the link for those interested. (https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/dynamic/announcement.aspx?id=5760026)

Another brick in the wall.... good to see.

Rawz
13-08-2021, 11:26 AM
When they say $11m of new contracts won in the last 6 months. What does that translate to in recurring revenue? Is there a rough yard stick one can use?

Leftfield
13-08-2021, 11:38 AM
When they say $11m of new contracts won in the last 6 months. What does that translate to in recurring revenue? Is there a rough yard stick one can use?

Not sure if this helps, but transaction or recurring revenue seems to be about 75% of total revenue, see below.

petty
13-08-2021, 01:24 PM
I like that IKE have announced when this new contract signing is hitting the PnL. Past contract signings have not been so detailed in when the revenue is likely to be realised or over which duration.

On the other hand is 300k revenue hitting this year PnL 'material' and required to be announced? I would hope that winning these types of contracts becomes BAU. Further, as noted in the last investor preso these are not new customers but rather new contracts with existing customers. I don't see revenue increasing significatnly until they find a way to speed up customer (not contract) acquisition.

Disc: Hold and will at this stage likely partake in cap raise.

justakiwi
13-08-2021, 01:45 PM
Any company that keeps the market, and shareholders updated, even if they don't necessarily need to, is a company that gets my vote.

As many have said before, their existing customer base is "sticky." They are clearly very happy with the products/service IKE is providing them with. The fact that so many initial contracts are not only being renewed, but expanded on, speaks volumes. Not to mention the flow-on effect of many of these customers requiring their sub-contractors to adopt the IKE platform too. Once they are "hooked in" and IKE continues to meet their needs, they won't be going anywhere. The potential customer base is huge. Like really huge. The IKE team appear to me to very very smart cookies. They have done their homework in terms of the potential market available to them. They know what they are doing.

The important thing now, is not only, to continue to recruit new business, but to expand their workforce to a point where they can confidently and efficiently, cope with the potential influx of new business the infrastructure will bring. Just the humble opinion of a "still a newbie" IKE holder.

I like that IKE have announced when this new contract signing is hitting the PnL. Past contract signings have not been so detailed in when the revenue is likely to be realised or over which duration.

On the other hand is 300k revenue hitting this year PnL 'material' and required to be announced? I would hope that winning these types of contracts becomes BAU. Further, as noted in the last investor preso these are not new customers but rather new contracts with existing customers. I don't see revenue increasing significatnly until they find a way to speed up customer (not contract) acquisition.

Disc: Hold and will at this stage likely partake in cap raise.

macduffy
13-08-2021, 02:49 PM
But don't forget, IKE has a capital raising underway and needs to remain in the news!

Disc: I hold and will subscribe for more.

turnip
16-08-2021, 07:51 PM
In the Offer documedt it says:

"Please note that if the SPP is oversubscribed, applications may be scaled having regard to existing shareholdings at the Record Date, and otherwise at IKE’s discretion. However, both the placement and SPP were structured to offer shareholders a pro rata amount of shares, to the extent possible."

I take that to mean that as a small shareholder I won't be scaled if I only apply for my pro rata share, but some larger shareholders might not be able to avoid dilution if their pro rata share would come to more than the maximum $15000.

whatsup
20-08-2021, 11:37 AM
SPP open ATM , who is in for it ?

Biscuit
20-08-2021, 11:40 AM

I'm in for just enough to not get diluted.

Leftfield
20-08-2021, 11:46 AM

I've decided to give it a miss..... I already have enough in my portfolio at a DCA nicely below the current offer and I don't really want to increase my DCA..... until I see more evidence of progress.

Brain
20-08-2021, 11:53 AM
I've decided to give it a miss..... I already have enough in my portfolio at a DCA nicely below the current offer and I don't really want to increase my DCA..... until I see more evidence of progress.

I have enough too but I am tempted because it could be an easy 10% short term gain. Hard to say no to a quick $1k profit depending on scaling.

Simsee
20-08-2021, 12:59 PM
I wonder what’s driving the share price tanking?

Brain
20-08-2021, 03:02 PM
I wonder what’s driving the share price tanking?

people sell their shares so that they can buy at the lower SPP price

Nor
20-08-2021, 04:38 PM
That would be taxable wouldn't it. Called arbitrage?

Brain
20-08-2021, 05:05 PM
That would be taxable wouldn't it. Called arbitrage?

Yes it would be and I guess you could declare it and pay tax on that transaction because the intention is clear.

Nor
21-08-2021, 11:47 AM
Yes it would be and I guess you could declare it and pay tax on that transaction because the intention is clear.

So, what would be liable for tax, the difference between the price one sold and bought at, or would there be a continuing liability attached to the newly bought ones as well? (Indicated by an intention to make money?).

Brain
21-08-2021, 12:26 PM
I guess logically it would be the difference between the sold and replacement price. As far as the continual liability goes then I guess that would revert back to the original reason you purchased the replaced shares. That is the way that I would play it and obviously this is not financial advise. I am always mindful of the reason I buy and sell shares and record that just in case the IRD ask questions. On the odd occasions that I have contacted the IRD I have always been impressed that it is a very well run department unlike the other govt departments.

Nor
21-08-2021, 01:17 PM
It's a great shame Labour didn't bring in the flat rate 15% tax on capital gains that they campaigned on in 2014 (?). Certainty and simplicity have alot of value IMO.

tango
24-08-2021, 11:19 AM
I have enough too but I am tempted because it could be an easy 10% short term gain. Hard to say no to a quick $1k profit depending on scaling.

Usually I would expect this to be heavily scaled but it's edging close to the SPP. Still, I would be surprised if people get their full allocation.

I don't expect an easy 10% gain from it and like Left Field I bought at well below current prices so I am weighing this up. It's not much of a discount

macduffy
24-08-2021, 11:59 AM
I've applied for a few to avoid being diluted. Company has a great product - and future - in my opinion.

tango
25-08-2021, 05:22 PM
I absolutely agree that IKE has a great product and future but the SPP price isn't very attractive

Brain
25-08-2021, 06:10 PM
I absolutely agree that IKE has a great product and future but the SPP price isn't very attractive

Thats good if most think that it isn’t attractive then I will get my full allocation and the share price will then return to Pre SPP levels which was about the $1.15 mark from memory.

tango
25-08-2021, 11:12 PM
Thats good if most think that it isn’t attractive then I will get my full allocation and the share price will then return to Pre SPP levels which was about the $1.15 mark from memory.

Maybe!
It seems most people have spare cash so thinking it will be oversubscribed

tango
27-08-2021, 08:57 AM
I've noticed that I only get reminder emails from Link if it's undersubscribed. I got an email for IKE so I wonder if it will be undersubscribed? Or maybe only slightly oversubscribed??? Watching with interest from the sidelines

Nor
27-08-2021, 09:19 AM
Applied for 1/13th of what I have. Just to round up.

tango
27-08-2021, 09:59 AM

Good luck! Thinking about it I have an "odd" shareholding from past capital raises. Oh well

Nor
27-08-2021, 11:26 AM
Good luck! Thinking about it I have an "odd" shareholding from past capital raises. Oh well
Thanks. Funnily enough I have found that rounding up is one of the worst reasons for investing but it's only a little bit and the company seems to have good prospects and I'm ahead since getting in on Percy's heads up. Probably should get some of those xrf he's into.

Timesurfer
27-08-2021, 12:03 PM
The first offer I was sent I didn't participate in because I couldn't see me getting any return in the near future (based on the share price trajectory at the time). Of course the SP rocketed up immediately on the close of the offer. Determined not to make that mistake again I participated in the past couple and found similar results.
Probably not buying on this purely because I have a bloated position and a kitchen reno to pay for - should the installers ever be allowed on site.

macduffy
27-08-2021, 02:46 PM

There was a time when selling an "odd lot" could be an expensive exercise. Not so, these days, therefore there's no reason to round off a holding - other than the dubious pleasure of having a tidy portfolio!

:cool:

Nor
27-08-2021, 05:35 PM

D**n used the wrong number in the subtraction so I'll still have odd.

ecuttel
31-08-2021, 08:49 AM
sounds like we will get all shares applied for....
"Given the high level of interest and support for the SPP from shareholders, the Board has decided that IKE will not scale-back applications and will accept the full value of all applications made."

percy
31-08-2021, 09:16 AM
sounds like we will get all shares applied for....
"Given the high level of interest and support for the SPP from shareholders, the Board has decided that IKE will not scale-back applications and will accept the full value of all applications made."

Hopefully IKE will realise if they want to do more acquisitions, they will have to earn the money to do so,as it would appear that shareholder' support for capital raisings is waning.

ecuttel
31-08-2021, 09:33 AM
Hopefully IKE will realise if they want to do more acquisitions, they will have to earn the money to do so,as it would appear that shareholder' support for capital raisings is waning.

Yeah still target was 3m and raised 5.5m so 80% over subscribed

macduffy
01-09-2021, 07:44 AM
"It's an ill wind that blows no good."
Will the damage wrought by hurricane Ida help or hinder IKE's business expansion plans?

justakiwi
01-09-2021, 08:27 AM
If electricity companies have to repair/rebuild damaged sections of their transmission/distribution networks, I would see that as a huge opportunity for IKE. Especially in relation to existing customers, as they already have a mutual relationship, and stored data that could quickly be accessed to enable rebuilds to be started more quickly.

"It's an ill wind that blows no good."
Will the damage wrought by hurricane Ida help or hinder IKE's business expansion plans?

percy
01-09-2021, 08:33 AM
If electricity companies have to repair/rebuild damaged sections of their transmission/distribution networks, I would see that as a huge opportunity for IKE. Especially in relation to existing customers, as they already have a mutual relationship, and stored data that could quickly be accessed to enable rebuilds to be started more quickly.

I agree with you ,positive for IKE.

gmatt
03-09-2021, 10:21 AM
My Link a/c this morning tells me I've received all I applied for (max) ....... great!!

thebusinessman
03-09-2021, 10:34 AM
Same, very cool!

pg0220
14-09-2021, 07:19 PM
I love the SP action as I get aboard at 103c......

Timesurfer
14-09-2021, 07:36 PM
The IKE story continues. Those who got in on the recent SPP taking their quick 10% and the SP drops on low volume trading.

What we need is a decent contract announcement to deliver the promise that they have been on the door step of for a couple of years.

Brain
15-09-2021, 08:32 AM
:)
The IKE story continues. Those who got in on the recent SPP taking their quick 10% and the SP drops on low volume trading.

What we need is a decent contract announcement to deliver the promise that they have been on the door step of for a couple of years.

As a glass half full kind of investor I take heart from the fact that The SP remained above a $1 and if I cashed in my 15000 shares I would make $150 less brokerage less tax or about $80 which is still better than a term deposit.

After posting this I think it is more than likely the SP will drop below a $1 as this is the way the market seems to treat me when I try to predict short term movements. I am happy to report though that overall the market treats me well but I have to admit investing has been very easy over the last 10 years or so.

sb9
15-09-2021, 02:49 PM
:)

As a glass half full kind of investor I take heart from the fact that The SP remained above a $1 and if I cashed in my 15000 shares I would make $150 less brokerage less tax or about $80 which is still better than a term deposit.

After posting this I think it is more than likely the SP will drop below a $1 as this is the way the market seems to treat me when I try to predict short term movements. I am happy to report though that overall the market treats me well but I have to admit investing has been very easy over the last 10 years or so.

Its surely heading that way so far :p

Brain
15-09-2021, 03:30 PM
Its surely heading that way so far :p

Yes only a few thousand dollars on the buy side.

justakiwi
15-09-2021, 07:16 PM
FYI for anyone who hasn't seen this:

We hereby invite you to join us for the annual shareholders meeting which will be held online at www.virtualmeeting.co.nz/ike21 on Thursday, 30 September 2021 commencing at 2pm (NZT).

sb9
30-09-2021, 08:36 AM
FYI for anyone who hasn't seen this:

We hereby invite you to join us for the annual shareholders meeting which will be held online at www.virtualmeeting.co.nz/ike21 (http://www.virtualmeeting.co.nz/ike21) on Thursday, 30 September 2021 commencing at 2pm (NZT).

ASM today at 2pm, will be nice to get bit more colour around how they've been progressing and also if they managed to acquire any new contracts/customers.

Rawz
30-09-2021, 05:36 PM
ASM today at 2pm, will be nice to get bit more colour around how they've been progressing and also if they managed to acquire any new contracts/customers.

Anything worthy of sharing? Wasn’t able to partake

sb9
30-09-2021, 05:37 PM
Anything worthy of sharing? Wasn’t able to partake

Sorry I couldn’t either, had other commitments to attend to.

justakiwi
30-09-2021, 11:37 PM
I couldn't either, but everything is available on their website, under Investor Relations.

https://ikegps.com/investors/

Looking good to me. I am in this for the long haul. Huge potential.

justakiwi
03-10-2021, 11:07 AM
Anybody actually watch the webinar/have any thoughts to share?

sb9
05-10-2021, 11:05 AM
Another material contract win, lost count how many they won this year. Time for this to get rerated.

percy
05-10-2021, 11:06 AM
Another material contract win, lost count how many they won this year. Time for this to get rerated.

Yes with further extensions expected.
https://www.nzx.com/announcements/380416

justakiwi
05-10-2021, 11:43 AM
Multiply this by the number of other existing and potential customers, and watch this company go places. As you once said, these customers are "sticky" - once they are in the IKE system and happy with the service, they will be there forever.

I need to buy more.

“The expansion of this customer further demonstrates the value that the IKE platform provides to communications groups, and our ability to expand the use of our platform over time across targeted groups. This specific entity has been a customer for several years, growing from an initial annual account size of tens of thousands of dollars to a multi-million dollar account today. The long term revenue opportunity with this group is substantial.”

Yes with further extensions expected.
https://www.nzx.com/announcements/380416

pg0220
05-10-2021, 12:03 PM
Anybody actually watch the webinar/have any thoughts to share?

Once contracts are opened, they are closed in a very short time frame as power companies have a very standard process to go through.
CEO didn't give a revenue guidance for this fy.
IKE analyzer getting market tractions in Canada rather than US. CEO acknowledged US is a bigger market, but Canada is also a good market as well.

With English being my second language, pretty sure there were more than this but at least these were what I took away from Q&A sessions. CEO sounded quite confident about the market opportunities, but again with English not being my mother tongue, I might be wrong ;)

t.rexjr
05-10-2021, 01:06 PM
Once contracts are opened, they are closed in a very short time frame as power companies have a very standard process to go through.
CEO didn't give a revenue guidance for this fy.
IKE analyzer getting market tractions in Canada rather than US. CEO acknowledged US is a bigger market, but Canada is also a good market as well.

With English being my second language, pretty sure there were more than this but at least these were what I took away from Q&A sessions. CEO sounded quite confident about the market opportunities, but again with English not being my mother tongue, I might be wrong ;)

Agree there is an air of confidence. Happy to let the business prove itself rather than throw pies. If 'contract won' is cumulative then they should be near $20m contracted revenue + other add-ons. I'm hoping revenue graphs over the next few years will look exponential now that there seems to be confidence in their offerings.

bullfrog
06-10-2021, 12:02 PM
I'm not totally convinced by the sticky argument. My understanding is that IKE produces an inspection data set that can be imported into an asset management system, such as IBM Maximo, TechOne, SAP. These systems use that data to drive programmed maintenance activities that link to budgets and network performance targets. If IKE simply provided a tool to inspect assets, I'd be out as this is not sticky, it's just a data set collected in the field.

However, with their recent acquisition, they are adding value to this data, and this is how they'll become sticky. It's this added value that will keep them ahead of the pack.

I believe a measurement of stickiness is the length of contract won. It's great to see extended annual contracts, but I would like to see longer term contracts, say for 5 + 3 + 3 years, with performance targets for the client. Once I start seeing these longer term contracts, stickiness will be confirmed.

I first noticed this company in the TIN 100 back in 2016 I think. They were part of a list that included Xero, Eroad, PEB, Pushpay, Enprise, Snakk, Serko, flossie, Vend. Been an investor for many years, and like the direction they are taking.

Here's to IKE becoming more sticky than toffee on a cat.

justakiwi
11-10-2021, 12:31 PM
For those of you who hold/support IKE, take a look at their new website. Huge improvement and a lot of additional content.
Their case studies make for interesting and very positive reading:

“Without question, IKE's deliverable is top shelf. They [CHR's customers] don't know how they lived without it.”

Bob Bartz
VP of OSP Engineering, CHR

Also lots of resources there for anyone who wants to get a better understanding of what they do and how their products/service work.

jg8512
12-10-2021, 08:45 AM
another good anouncement today. https://announcements.nzx.com/detail/380746
a slow burn, but its building.
the best confirmation of the investment thesis is this bit: "It is expected that this contract level will recur in subsequent years. It is also expected that further expansion contracts will follow with this entity in IKE’s FY22."
GLTAH

justakiwi
12-10-2021, 08:58 AM
This announcement seems almost identical to the one on 5th October. Almost word for word. Which seems a little odd, given that it is related to a different company (I assume)

Edit: never mind. I missed the bit where they comment on/explain this.

The good news keeps coming.

another good anouncement today. https://announcements.nzx.com/detail/380746
a slow burn, but its building.
the best confirmation of the investment thesis is this bit: "It is expected that this contract level will recur in subsequent years. It is also expected that further expansion contracts will follow with this entity in IKE’s FY22."
GLTAH

sb9
12-10-2021, 09:13 AM
Getting a bit boring now with all these contract extensions :p, can this be reflected in sp performance. Wonder who's feeding the sell side despite all positive news.

justakiwi
12-10-2021, 10:41 AM
SP moving this morning. $1.06 at last check.

bullfrog
12-10-2021, 10:51 AM
Extensions are good, shows they are meeting the client’s expectations re: performance targets, training, reliability etc etc. When a provider repeatedly hits those metrics, costs become secondary to a client, Ike’s margins will grow and grow.

Pegasus2000
12-10-2021, 10:54 AM
This announcement seems almost identical to the one on 5th October. Almost word for word. Which seems a little odd, given that it is related to a different company (I assume)

Edit: never mind. I missed the bit where they comment on/explain this.

The good news keeps coming.

The announcement software has only one template, they just replace the date, earning number and percentage, the template takes care of the rest :).

justakiwi
12-10-2021, 11:05 AM
Always something new to learn ;)

Thanks!

The announcement software has only one template, they just replace the date, earning number and percentage, the template takes care of the rest :).

Cobber
12-10-2021, 04:53 PM
Getting a bit boring now with all these contract extensions :p, can this be reflected in sp performance. Wonder who's feeding the sell side despite all positive news.

So the announcement is basically "We kept a customer *fist pump*".

justakiwi
12-10-2021, 04:58 PM
Not at all. More like "this customer is seriously satisfied with what we have provided, they are now committed to the IKE platform, and will continue to expand their business with us, for the foreseeable future."

This is "stickiness" at work, as predicted.

It puzzles me how some can still not see the potential this company has.

t.rexjr
12-10-2021, 05:01 PM

More along the lines of "we're impressing our customers"

*Fist bump*

sb9
15-10-2021, 09:50 AM
After all positive news sp under $1, go figure...someone not buying their story.

t.rexjr
15-10-2021, 11:10 AM
After all positive news sp under $1, go figure...someone not buying their story.

It's just not cool enough aye. Possibly its lack of hype attracts conservative investors (confirm the story 1st). Buyers know they can accumulate by being patient... Surprised to see it sub $1 this morning. It may well go under again with this mini downtrend. Business wise there's a fantastic foundation being set up. Eagerly awaiting more clarity on revenue.

Cobber
15-10-2021, 12:16 PM
Not at all. More like "this customer is seriously satisfied with what we have provided, they are now committed to the IKE platform, and will continue to expand their business with us, for the foreseeable future."

This is "stickiness" at work, as predicted.

It puzzles me how some can still not see the potential this company has.

I definately see their potential... but having seen many tech companies in the past 'talk the talk', especially just before capital raises... I'm now awaiting 6 monthly report as they lift their skirt, to see if they 'walk the walk'.

sb9
15-10-2021, 12:25 PM
It's just not cool enough aye. Possibly its lack of hype attracts conservative investors (confirm the story 1st). Buyers know they can accumulate by being patient... Surprised to see it sub $1 this morning. It may well go under again with this mini downtrend. Business wise there's a fantastic foundation being set up. Eagerly awaiting more clarity on revenue.

I note your point re revenue guidance. Looks like market wants to be guided on that number or else its all big guess work.

justakiwi
15-10-2021, 12:39 PM
I think many people simply don't understand the business, or the industries (electrical and telecoms) IKE is supporting. The market potential is enormous. For both new customers and existing customers. Enormous.

t.rexjr
15-10-2021, 01:38 PM
I think many people simply don't understand the business, or the industries (electrical and telecoms) IKE is supporting. The market potential is enormous. For both new customers and existing customers. Enormous.

And they aim to be THE standard; not just a player... or an option. The aim is not for a small percentage of the enormous market but a significant chunk

justakiwi
15-10-2021, 01:42 PM
......Exactly!

And they aim to be THE standard; not just a player... or an option. The aim is not for a small percentage of the enormous market but a significant chunk

Pegasus2000
15-10-2021, 04:44 PM
......Exactly!
They try to build a standard on anything about the 'pole'. 'PoleOS' looks like borrowing the idea of 'iOS' (Apple). Unless all the cables go underground :).

GTM 3442
25-10-2021, 08:51 AM
Seems like there's growing impetus to get those cables underground.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/10/24/climate-change-power-outages/

justakiwi
25-10-2021, 09:13 AM
Maybe in cities, and for new line construction, but the cost to underground every distribution line in the US, would be off the planet, so never going to happen.

Seems like there's growing impetus to get those cables underground.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/10/24/climate-change-power-outages/

bullfrog
25-10-2021, 10:30 AM
Maybe in cities, and for new line construction, but the cost to underground every distribution line in the US, would be off the planet, so never going to happen.

To establish a resilient power grid, one needs to know the condition of the infrastructure. Power companies simply don't know the condition of their inherited assets, remember the surprise when all those power poles were found to be rotten - that didn't happen overnight, that's where Ike comes in.

If the poles need replacing, maybe they might put the lines underground, but atm its poles not moles.

justakiwi
25-10-2021, 11:33 AM
Correct. IKE understands the huge scale of opportunity that is there for the taking right now. They know their stuff and understand the industries they are marketing their solutions to. They are sitting in the perfect position to take full advantage of those opportunities. Every announcement of an extension to a current contract, shows that they are right on the money in terms of meeting customer needs, and hooking those customers in, long term. Alongside that, they will be working hard to attract new customers. I see only good things for IKE and us as shareholders.

To establish a resilient power grid, one needs to know the condition of the infrastructure. Power companies simply don't know the condition of their inherited assets, remember the surprise when all those power poles were found to be rotten - that didn't happen overnight, that's where Ike comes in.

If the poles need replacing, maybe they might put the lines underground, but atm its poles not moles.

GTM 3442
25-10-2021, 12:06 PM

Oh, I completely agree that it's very unlikely to happen to every pole, but it's going to happen someplace, sometime, for some reason.

The question is the timeframe - which I think will turn out to be in the longer term - and the scale.

"In California, for example, Pacific Gas & Electric wants to bury 10,000 miles of power lines, both to make the grid more resilient and to reduce the risk of sparking wildfires. Its power equipment has contributed to multiple deadly wildfires in the past decade, including the 2018 Camp Fire that killed at least 85 people."

What will also be interesting is the fate of all those other, non-powe cables and other infrastructure which currently uses space on those poles.

sb9
26-10-2021, 09:17 AM
Strong moves on ASX y'day, reached high of 1.04 A$ before closing down at 98.5c with at VWAP at 1.01

justakiwi
27-10-2021, 05:34 PM
Nice little bump here today too.

Strong moves on ASX y'day, reached high of 1.04 A$ before closing down at 98.5c with at VWAP at 1.01

tango
31-10-2021, 03:12 PM
FYI I stumbled on this Motley Fool stock analysis of IKE from 6 weeks ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxQMMuJ2KWQ

percy
31-10-2021, 05:42 PM
FYI I stumbled on this Motley Fool stock analysis of IKE from 6 weeks ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxQMMuJ2KWQ

Thanks for posting the link.Very good presentation.