PDA

View Full Version : NEA - Nearmap

KW
11-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Provider of aerial photographs to government and enterprise. Have recently moved to a subscription model, and is now generating substantial amounts of cash and is operationally profitable. Aerial mapping system is patented (recently granted a US patent), and they are looking to expand outside of Australia. Excellent prospects.

Should have posted this earlier, as its been on a bender, and I am already up 64% so apologies for drawing this to your attention so late :cool:

Dej
11-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Still think its worth a look? Looks like its heading to be a bit pricy for what it is, e.g. are we going to see a correction at all, or just ride the wave :t_up:

stoploss
11-10-2013, 04:06 PM
It could be the making of a new global company, or it could be a nice cash generating Australian investment. Time will tell. In the meantime, gotta be in it to win it :-)

Looks like a good result, I'm in.

Dej
11-10-2013, 04:10 PM
It could be the making of a new global company, or it could be a nice cash generating Australian investment. Time will tell. In the meantime, gotta be in it to win it :-)

Looks like, if they don't spend the money on acquisitions or something similar, could be divies at some point. Quite a bit of cash on hand!

Entrep
11-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Wrong stock

mark100
11-10-2013, 04:29 PM
Be aware that shares from a recent SPP will come onto market next Thursday. Was priced at 36.5c

?? There has been no SPP from NEA. They have plenty of cash already

Entrep
11-10-2013, 04:46 PM
?? There has been no SPP from NEA. They have plenty of cash already

Woops. Was looking at the wrong stock. Sorry!

Dej
11-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Woops. Was looking at the wrong stock. Sorry!

Lol, fooled moosie ;)

stoploss
14-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Investor presentation
http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20131014/pdf/42k01vg56205zh.pdf

NZSilver
14-10-2013, 11:41 AM
good presentation, huge potential.

Multiple industries.

Would like to know of any competition? (huge advantage over google is regular updates and tools)

Also how do they actually take these images? How often? and at what cost?

Dej
14-10-2013, 02:14 PM

First go to place when researching what a company does, do they have exclusive rights to the technology? Patent search.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/pdfs/US8497905.pdf

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/pdfs/US20130235199.pdf

Let me know if the links doesn't work, but its good they have patented process for this. Just another added benefit IMHO.

DISC: Holding and have done my homework.

Dej
14-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Would like to know of any competition? (huge advantage over google is regular updates and tools)

I would have thought that google would have been one of there main competitions. Google compares to NearMap because it is free generally, so its for the every day punter to look at his house etc etc

As you said the main advantages are the tools and regular updates. The updates are way more regular than google. To put this in perspective, I live in Auckland which is a major metropolitan center and 3 years ago a house was built across the road from me. In google maps its still under construction.

Now I realise that NearMaps is Australian only, but they seem to be targeting a market that will pay for the service and use their increased accuracy, clarity (down to 1cm) and update time to increase their own profitability. This is a better market than googles free one ;)

The photos are taken from a plane fitted out with there patented technology. The photos in Australia are updated quarterly, and in some places up to 12 times a year e.g. main metropolitan areas.

All in all, I think there is huge room for expansion outside of Australia.

Google should hire them to redo their maps :t_up:

NZSilver
14-10-2013, 03:43 PM
Cheers Dej, much appreciated!

blakecb
14-10-2013, 05:24 PM
Yeah I've bought into this stock as well. I like the look of everything I have read. Love the subscription service with annual renewals. And as someone who has just purchased a property, I would have loved this tool to measure up everything about the property 'from the sky' as part of my research.... so I can only imagine how helpful it would be to RMA lawyers, engineers, architects, construction companies to use this....

With this company, I also like the feeling of being in on just about the 'ground floor' with enormous potential going forward. I know they have been around for a bit but with their subscription service only recently established, we are (I hope) going to see some fantastic growth.

stoploss
26-11-2013, 03:48 PM
Hitting new highs today - have doubled up. :)

Dej
26-11-2013, 05:03 PM
Hitting new highs today - have doubled up. :)

Would love to see the SP have support in the 60's by end of year! I have this, AJX and AXE in my ASX portfolio all up around 50% in 3 months. My NZX portfolio is a shocker in comparison ;)

NZSilver
28-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Up up and away. Cheers KW for the heads up.

Dej
28-11-2013, 06:07 PM
Up up and away. Cheers KW for the heads up.

He is good like that. Cheers from me too!

NZSilver
03-12-2013, 03:20 PM
NEA drops, any reason why - have i missed anything? or just a correction like CAJ (ie Just a good buying opportunity)

Dej
04-12-2013, 02:13 AM
NEA drops, any reason why - have i missed anything? or just a correction like CAJ (ie Just a good buying opportunity)

Just a correction I'd say. Cant rise to fast, I'm expecting to stick above 60 at end of year.

NZSilver
19-12-2013, 11:57 AM
http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01478376

NEA signs up with google maps!

Dej
19-12-2013, 12:28 PM
Google should hire them to redo their maps :t_up:

Called it. ;)

(I realize they not redoing googles maps, but still semi called it?! )

Dej
19-12-2013, 01:08 PM
Umm, NEA are paying to use Google maps in their product not the other way around!

It was a round about way of me saying at least neamaps is not on googles radar...

Bit of a fail on my behalf

soulman
19-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Just bought a small holding yesterday so thank you Google and Nearmap. Good to get a win after a downhill 5 weeks.

lastmoa
20-12-2013, 12:03 AM
Just found this thread on a stock I have had for a while now.
Love the SAAS model and how they have cash. They have mentioned there intention of expanding to other countries.
Add patents and the tools complementing their frequently updates maps and I see big potential.
Note also that the USA Motley Fools share experts are shareholders too.
Im accumulating on any dips like recently. May not see more but Im ok with that.

Dej
23-02-2014, 08:46 PM
Half-Yearlys tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/nearmapCEO

stoploss
24-02-2014, 11:08 AM
DEJ- looks good to me.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20140224/pdf/42mxq5ftsx357b.pdf

Dej
24-02-2014, 12:48 PM
Me too, hopefully a new upward trend is set and we can test those highs again.

Most interesting point is seeking FDAA aproval IMHO. Hopefully see some updates regarding that sometime this year.

mark100
24-02-2014, 02:44 PM
I don't hold but just read an updated note from WHTM. They note NPAT was around half of what they expected and well below consensus

mark100
24-02-2014, 04:02 PM
They just put out some initial comment, I'd expect the full report tomorrow. KW you need to free up space in your message box

WHTM VIEW
Initial analysis

The result was weaker than expected and we expect consensus downgrades especially at the NPAT line (1H14 NPAT was $0.8m vs. FY14 consensus NPAT of $3.5m). Without visibility, we find it difficult to determine the growth rate of the company’s key metrics, subscribers and ARPU.

Whilst the newly launched verticals are encouraging, we note the rate of period on period revenue growth has tapered more than we expected. In 2H13 revenue growth was 60% vs. 1H13 (The pay wall went up in late Nov 2012). We were expecting 1H14 revenue growth to be 45% from prior period, whereas the result came in at 22.7%.

lastmoa
25-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Pretty solid results today. Great presentation by the company, very professional and addresses all target markets. Only consternation is margin growth going stale, but I suspect that will pick up as the company gets the US up and running with scaleability to boot.

Don't think it deserved a 20% spike at open, but expect momo traders to carry this one upwards for a bit. 38 cents was definitely undervalued yesterday!

Disc - not holding but always loved this company and am particular to maps/mapping as well :)

Yep, she's a good one Moosie. No debt and a ezpanding product lineup for niche markets. Ezciting tines ahead wirh USA.

robbo24
26-08-2014, 08:24 AM
That's a prominent shooting star on the old NEA chart yesterday.

Let the lower highs and lower lows continue?

Or will it keep closing above the upper bollinger band?

MACD just crossed, volumes are OK...

ADX line on DMI may suggest the downer is done?

Such excitement on the asx.

Dej
26-08-2014, 04:49 PM
Been in and out of this puppy now for awhile, good money to be made. My main concern with taking a FA approach was its capability to be smashed to bits by google if any further satellite imagery technology advances enough to make them obsolete. Just my honest opinion, but I'm still trading it, so theres that.

Good luck to all!

robbo24
20-09-2014, 05:03 PM
Just fiddling around with IncrediCharts, take from it what you will...

I bought in recently, interesting to see what happens. I like the golden cross of SMA 50 over 100, the potential for a double bottom off 49/50 cent support, the bouncy off the lower uptrend line/sma200/49 cent support. RSI is trending up and just crossed over...

Not quite so sure about MACD but it's still within higher highs and lower lows.

Perhaps a retest of 55 or 58 cents this week?

Will be interesting to see what happens, I like their product. Funny how their last shareholder presentation didn't even consider potential military uses and the revenue that could be generate by that :D:D:D6270

Dej
21-09-2014, 08:27 PM
Just fiddling around with IncrediCharts, take from it what you will...

I bought in recently, interesting to see what happens. I like the golden cross of SMA 50 over 100, the potential for a double bottom off 49/50 cent support, the bouncy off the lower uptrend line/sma200/49 cent support. RSI is trending up and just crossed over...

Not quite so sure about MACD but it's still within higher highs and lower lows.

Perhaps a retest of 55 or 58 cents this week?

Will be interesting to see what happens, I like their product. Funny how their last shareholder presentation didn't even consider potential military uses and the revenue that could be generate by that :D:D:D6270

I think you will find most military will have the capabilities to do this themselves, but probably at such a great cost that it is not viable for commercial use. Thats where NEA comes in.

Ofcourse IMHO :)

robbo24
26-09-2014, 02:53 PM
Good to see NEA bucking the wider trend of the ASX market and in particular tech/growth stocks following the NASDAQ drop.

I might post a chart later tonight for the fun of it.

robbo24
27-09-2014, 02:18 PM
Man, I bet this is so crap compared to Nearmap: http://www.stuff.co.nz/marlborough-express/news/10537343/Interactive-map-to-benefit-wine-sector

robbo24
29-09-2014, 10:12 PM
Some more green arrows for the NEA chart.

I consider a prospect of a break through 52 cent resistance. My reasoning is that NEA is bucking the current trend of the ASX. It looks like somebody likes it enough to keep buying, anyway.

After the second hit off 49 cent it seems to be just climbing up every day. It will be interesting to see if it can conjure up the power to press on through :) Would be interesting to see a test of 55 cents after a breakout of 52 cents.

OBV and slow stochastic appear to be gearing up a bit too (http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/advchart/frames/frames.asp?show=&insttype=Stock&symb=au%3Anea&time=7&startdate=1%2F4%2F1999&enddate=9%2F29%2F2014&freq=1&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&comptemptext=&comp=none&ma=4&maval=10%2C30%2C50&uf=8&lf=32&lf2=8&lf3=268435456&type=4&style=320&size=4&x=44&y=9&timeFrameToggle=false&compareToToggle=false&indicatorsToggle=false&chartStyleToggle=false&state=11) :)

http://i.imgur.com/wV2eJhu.png

robbo24
30-09-2014, 09:53 PM
Still getting the official Robbo 24 green arrows.

Will it break through 52 cents to 55? KW says never pick a price, too late.

http://i.imgur.com/QBq0jsD.png

robbo24
09-10-2014, 02:59 PM
Still getting the official Robbo 24 green arrows.

Will it break through 52 cents to 55? KW says never pick a price, too late.

http://i.imgur.com/QBq0jsD.png

Hmm a test of 55 today, let's see what happens :D:D:D:D

BFG
09-10-2014, 10:13 PM
Up to 62 or bust I say. :D

robbo24
10-10-2014, 08:32 AM
Up to 62 or bust I say. :D

I disagree. It has to break 55 then the next stop would be 58.

:D:D:D:D

robbo24
21-10-2014, 01:11 PM
I haven't seen this broker report mentioned on here so I guess I'll post it up for you all: http://www.nearmap.com/Investors/Financial-Info/Investor-Material/Chardan_AnalystReport.aspx

Target price of 90 cents... Wouldn't that be nice? :D:D:D:D:D

BFG
21-10-2014, 03:20 PM
They are currently on a P/E of 135 (using adjusted EPS of 0.4c) - which makes this stock still hugely expensive. What was worrying is that despite an increase in revenue from 1H14 to 2H14, NPAT and EPS barely budged. So this is one stock that looks okay TA wise, but on an FA basis it looks over valued. Which may be corrected again in the new year when the 1H15 results are released. I am still out.

Rob doesn't believe in FA KW. It's like speaking Woofinese to an ostrich; you'll end up just getting your eyes pecked out by a flightless two legged beast :D

robbo24
21-10-2014, 03:45 PM
They are currently on a P/E of 135 (using adjusted EPS of 0.4c) - which makes this stock still hugely expensive. What was worrying is that despite an increase in revenue from 1H14 to 2H14, NPAT and EPS barely budged. So this is one stock that looks okay TA wise, but on an FA basis it looks over valued. Which may be corrected again in the new year when the 1H15 results are released. I am still out.

Interesting, I can't follow your working though. I can't figure out how you arrived at a P/E of 135. Where did you get the inputs for this?

robbo24
21-10-2014, 04:23 PM
Price = 54c
EPS = 0.4c
P/E = 54/0.4 = 135

EPS figure taken from their full year results announcement and presentation.

Earnings per share is 2.2, not 0.4, or so it says on page 12 (http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20140822/pdf/42rnj57h503111.pdf)? P/E Ratio is 24.5, as per the formula on http://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/price-earningsratio.asp ???

Then there's some whacked out material on page 25 that confuses me.

tosspot
21-10-2014, 04:48 PM
There was 5 million or so of profit due to a one off event. I think It was a revaluation of assets
On my phone sorry for lack of specifics, buy all in the report. MBE is faaar more attractive both growth, revenue and organic profit

robbo24
24-10-2014, 02:33 PM
I disagree. It has to break 55 then the next stop would be 58.

:D:D:D:D

Ooooooh a temporary break through 58 cents today, what an interesting thing to occur.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

stoploss
28-10-2014, 12:39 PM
Got a bit of momentum going now .This has been a frustrating stock for me and chopped me around a bit .Managed to hold onto a few so hopefully this time it can carry on with it.

BFG
28-10-2014, 12:42 PM
Got a bit of momentum going now .This has been a frustrating stock for me and chopped me around a bit .Managed to hold onto a few so hopefully this time it can carry on with it.

Going on a run up the bollinger band. If you are in short term suggest selling once it spends a few days back inside the BBs. There is a big buyer who keeps accumulating, shoving bids slowly higher to push the price up. 60 break and hold should be significant.

robbo24
28-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Going on a run up the bollinger band. If you are in short term suggest selling once it spends a few days back inside the BBs. There is a big buyer who keeps accumulating, shoving bids slowly higher to push the price up. 60 break and hold should be significant.

Thanks for the financial advice BFG.

Where may I read your requisite disclosure as an Authorised Financial Advisor?

Entrep
28-10-2014, 03:05 PM

Is he actually or are you choosing to interpret his forum post like that?

stoploss
28-10-2014, 03:07 PM

Thanks BFGM, no worries about the disclosure think I qualify as a sofistakated investor :)

BFG
28-10-2014, 03:29 PM

I'm getting mine at the same time as you so we can trade scrolls if you so please. Good thing I'm not asking for money and also saying DYOR.

Disc - DYOR!

robbo24
28-10-2014, 03:34 PM
Is he actually or are you choosing to interpret his forum post like that?

Section 10 - When person gives financial advice
(1) A person (A) gives financial advice if A makes a recommendation or gives an opinion in relation to acquiring or disposing of (including refraining from acquiring or disposing of) a financial product.

(2) Whether or not advice is financial advice for the purposes of this Act is not affected by how the advice is given or communicated.

(3) However, a person does not give financial advice for the purposes of this Act merely by—

(a) providing information (for example, the cost or terms and conditions of a financial product); or

(b) making a recommendation or giving an opinion relating to a class of financial products; or

(c) making a recommendation or giving an opinion about the procedure for acquiring or disposing of a financial product; or

(d) transmitting the financial advice of another person (unless A gives A's own financial advice in doing so or holds out the transmitted financial advice as A's own financial advice); or

(e) recommending that a person consult a financial adviser.

http://legislation.govt.nz/act/public/2008/0091/latest/DLM1584645.html

robbo24
29-10-2014, 11:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REvmhBO99I4

Can it close above 65 cents?

Is the mcap now completely at odds with the pe ratio?

Is the sp still just riding the upper bollinger band? Lower bolly opening up, time to fall?

Is the stock overbought as per rsi?

I'm on the fence.

Slow and fast stochastic and obv have taken a wee tick down... Concerning?

stoploss
06-11-2014, 02:54 PM
Looking good .

BFG
06-11-2014, 09:00 PM
RSI and stochastic well overbought with large overhead wick on candle suggests reversal may be imminent.

stoploss
06-11-2014, 10:12 PM
RSI and stochastic well overbought with large overhead wick on candle suggests reversal may be imminent.
Just as a question , could you bring up a historical chart of say AAPL. Was it ever well overbought or displaying any of the above ? In its run from 10-20-40-80-100-200-300-400-500-600-700 ..?

BFG
06-11-2014, 10:46 PM
Just as a question , could you bring up a historical chart of say AAPL. Was it ever well overbought or displaying any of the above ? In its run from 10-20-40-80-100-200-300-400-500-600-700 ..?

Depends on whether you're using daily/weekly/monthly charts, as well as tighter or looser spreads on the inputs for RSI.

Here's a chart using defaults on daily. 2004 and 2012 are standout overbought situations where the SP went exponential and everyone got a bit ahead of themselves ;)

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/advchart/frames/frames.asp?show=&insttype=Stock&symb=Aapl&time=20&startdate=1%2F4%2F1999&enddate=11%2F6%2F2014&freq=1&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&comptemptext=&comp=none&ma=4&maval=50.100.200&uf=0&lf=2&lf2=4&lf3=131072&type=4&style=340&size=4&x=49&y=24&timeFrameToggle=false&compareToToggle=false&indicatorsToggle=false&chartStyleToggle=false&state=15

robbo24
06-11-2014, 11:17 PM

My main reservation now, a lot like KW's reservation at circa 50 cents (I tried to encourage her that it was interesting enough to buy), is that the PE ratio of NEA is now like... Over 200?

The charts show overbought and the likes of ultimate oscillator suggesting it may reverse. Big shooting star/pinbar style candlestick also suggest as such. Stochastics are trailing off a bit too.

Happy to leave it to someone else now :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I hope some people made some good money, see you at the bottom :D:D:D:D:D:D

BFG
07-11-2014, 07:11 AM
*Wonders if one of the BIG BOYS didn't take into account that one off from the FY and really thinks the PE is more like 33 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D*

duncan22
07-11-2014, 09:13 PM
I would hope that anyone with half a brain has figured out that 80% of their profits last year was non-recurring, but small retail investors who can't be bothered picking through the annual report or announcements may be operating on a false assumption.

I sold at 64.5 for exactly that reason then watched (sadly) as it kept going to 80ish. I am expecting a loss and a bit of a sell down when their next financial report (in Feb 15?) comes out but wondering from what level they will fall. Ah well... buy order in at 54c!

stoploss
20-05-2015, 12:05 PM
Not sure how the numbers stack up , but they appear to be gaining some traction in the USA.
DiSC : Holding small.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20150520/pdf/42ynzyfnjjl50w.pdf

neyney2010
28-07-2015, 01:39 PM
Gonna test the 40c ??

Joshuatree
10-07-2018, 04:54 PM
Just hit $1.31 up 17% today.Checkout the growth. Any astute holders here?
FY2018 Preliminary Results - Record Portfolio Growth (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/4295916/)

percy
10-07-2018, 05:21 PM
Trust Lastmoa hung onto his.
Not a holder.

Entrep
10-07-2018, 06:46 PM
Geez this is a blast from the past. I was in and out of it around 60c in early 2014.

Cricketfan
29-09-2018, 09:42 AM
This one seems to be doing well recently. Anyone holding?

Joshuatree
12-07-2019, 11:51 AM
"Well Placed", have reached cash flow positive as promised.S/P has run up alot though hope its not buy the rumour sell the fact.Not a holder atpit.

Lewylewylewy
15-07-2019, 01:10 PM
Pe a bit high on this one for me

Yoda
03-11-2019, 03:59 PM
There is a site recommending this
as having growth possibilities. Looks like it may be on the way up again. Any thoughts ?

Lewylewylewy
03-11-2019, 11:43 PM
Still a meaty PE compared to other growth stocks with ARR on the asx, but is now in the expensive range, rather than the astronomical range, imo.

The future of this type of data is that data is being freed up (certainly in nz, LINZ provide this data for free and the quality is increasing every year). NEA have a lot of IP in their arial photography data, but i think the risk is low, as the historic aerials they have will be valuable for decades to come. Plus there will always be value in having the infrastructure to generate and sell those aerials. However, i think they'll likely see minnows nibbling at their market in the future, but probably not enough to exceed their rate of growth. Lots of opportunities in this arena.

I won't be buying, still too pricey for me, but outlook is good. Notably I've not done a lot of research into the company in a while. Probably need to read the accounts to see if there are any dangers in buying at this price.

Lewylewylewy
03-11-2019, 11:45 PM
Sorry, not PE, Price to Revenue ratio.

Yoda
05-11-2019, 11:55 AM
Excelent observations LLL. I see MUFG have got 23mil now . That is a good sign maybe .

Joshuatree
05-11-2019, 12:46 PM
14th most shorted stock atm (10%) so not necessarily MUFG have good intentions here.
ASX Short Selling: All You Need to Know - Market Indexhttps://www.marketindex.com.au › short-selling (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi0gs2e3tHlAhXk8HMBHdvkBGsQFjAAegQIAhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.marketindex.com.au%2Fshort-selling&usg=AOvVaw0KkFo_ODW8v2kb5kwRwF4G)

Yoda
05-11-2019, 10:49 PM
14th most shorted stock atm (10%) so not necessarily MUFG have good intentions here.
ASX Short Selling: All You Need to Know - Market Indexhttps://www.marketindex.com.au › short-selling (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi0gs2e3tHlAhXk8HMBHdvkBGsQFjAAegQIAhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.marketindex.com.au%2Fshort-selling&usg=AOvVaw0KkFo_ODW8v2kb5kwRwF4G)
Ok. Good to know 'ˇ!

Yoda
14-11-2019, 10:32 PM
Bit of a jump today.. shorters buying back in JT to repay stock? Is that how it works ?