PDA

View Full Version : SKO - Serko.com

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Balance
21-12-2017, 11:20 AM
Watch Serko really soar further in 2018. No NZ fund manager can now ignore the stock.

whatsup
21-12-2017, 11:25 AM
Up another 5% already today and no sellers b4 $2.65 !!

Southern_Belle
21-12-2017, 11:26 AM
Up another 5% already today and no sellers b4 $2.65 !!Glad I am a happy holder and on holiday to watch:)

silu
29-12-2017, 12:51 PM
Good to see Serko is finally getting some coverage.

Serko shares soar 659 per cent in 2017, topping charts on NZ stock market
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11967237

Balance
29-12-2017, 02:56 PM
Most satisfying to own a stock which is not only the top performing in 2017 but which has not been picked by one single broker or poster?

RGR367
31-12-2017, 12:55 PM
Most satisfying to own a stock which is not only the top performing in 2017 but which has not been picked by one single broker or poster?

Indeed but ATM is still my most satisfying stock of the year. And hope that I don't find you so close to me on the bottom comes the end of the next stocks' pick competition :cool:

RupertBear
31-12-2017, 02:11 PM
Missed the train.. would it be too late to get in?

I also missed this train .... did you decide to jump aboard misterx? Thinking I might nibble a wee few in the NY :confused:

couta1
31-12-2017, 03:08 PM
I also missed this train .... did you decide to jump aboard misterx? Thinking I might nibble a wee few in the NY :confused: Lots of trains to miss but no worries ,just as long as you stack heaps of carriages on the ones you have, forget about boarding lots of trains that only have a couple of carriages, think long freight trains instead.

RupertBear
31-12-2017, 11:21 PM
Lots of trains to miss but no worries ,just as long as you stack heaps of carriages on the ones you have, forget about boarding lots of trains that only have a couple of carriages, think long freight trains instead.

Cheers Couta yep I need to work on the old FOMO as well as learning some impulse control next year! Happy New Year mate and thanks for all your words of wisdom this year :)

pierre
03-01-2018, 04:38 PM
Lots of trains to miss but no worries ,just as long as you stack heaps of carriages on the ones you have, forget about boarding lots of trains that only have a couple of carriages, think long freight trains instead.

I haven't taken any notice of this company at all in the past but after the meteoric SP rise in 2017 I did some reading over the holiday period and checked out their web site too. Looks pretty interesting to me and as Balance indicated in an earlier post the business does feel a little "Diligenty". That company did me no harm at all so I placed an order yesterday and nipped in first thing today at 221 - all good so far with the SP at 230.

Almost 100k shares traded today though might just be propped up by holiday traders like me so not counting any chickens yet.

Balance
03-01-2018, 04:45 PM
I find the holiday period a good time to pick up stocks I am interested in before the instos start investing after they have reviewed the year before and make their strategic stock selections.

One thing for sure with Serko - many an institution will not want to miss out on a run like 2017 again!

silu
04-01-2018, 09:51 AM
My latest posts about Serko have all been positive and I don't want to appear to be a cheerleader for them but I still think there is quite some room to move in the SP. My own back of the envelope calculations bring a value of over $3 but as always dyor.

Southern_Belle
04-01-2018, 10:09 AM
My latest posts about Serko have all been positive and I don't want to appear to be a cheerleader for them but I still think there is quite some room to move in the SP. My own back of the envelope calculations bring a value of over $3 but as always dyor.
Looks like some share your sentiments. Great start to the day / year.

Balance
04-01-2018, 12:28 PM
Nothing wrong with being a cheerleader for a stock you have and you believe in.

Everything wrong with being a trader and using any forum to ramp and to suck others in or out.

Balance
05-01-2018, 03:21 PM
Already a stellar performer 3 trading days into 2018.

And more upside yet as the institutions still not in Serko will be reviewing their stock picks when they are back at work from next week.

The ole investing adage of ‘Let your profits run and cut your losses’ - as true today as it ever was.

Beagle
05-01-2018, 03:24 PM
FOMO made me put my paw up for some this morning. TA looks lovely too, fundamental's who cares lol . My new years punt. Stuck another paw up for some Eroad..so making that a bob or three each way. Reckon one of those two horses should be a winner this year, might even get a quinella if I'm lucky....and if all else fails PPH probably double anyway and bail me out of the doggy doo.

Probably just gross recklessness and the silly hound is drunk on excess profits from 2017...should do something sensible with it and go waste it on a new car rather than punt on silly tech companies with no real fundamental's...but HOPE is a strategy right ? so you never know I might get lucky again.

RupertBear
05-01-2018, 03:32 PM
FOMO made me put my paw up for some this morning. TA looks lovely too, fundamental's who cares lol . My new years punt. Stuck another paw up for some Eroad..so making that a bob or three each way. Reckon one of those two horses should be a winner this year, might even get a quinella if I'm lucky.

FOMO got the best of me yesterday Mr Beagle and I nibbled a few at $2.40 :D i now have one eye on Eroad and the other eye on RBD ...hmmm :confused:

couta1
05-01-2018, 05:29 PM
FOMO made me put my paw up for some this morning. TA looks lovely too, fundamental's who cares lol . My new years punt. Stuck another paw up for some Eroad..so making that a bob or three each way. Reckon one of those two horses should be a winner this year, might even get a quinella if I'm lucky....and if all else fails PPH probably double anyway and bail me out of the doggy doo.

Probably just gross recklessness and the silly hound is drunk on excess profits from 2017...should do something sensible with it and go waste it on a new car rather than punt on silly tech companies with no real fundamental's...but HOPE is a strategy right ? so you never know I might get lucky again. Don't go spreading yourself too thin Mr Beagle, remember and repeat to yourself, go big or go home.

Beagle
05-01-2018, 06:46 PM
Don't go spreading yourself too thin Mr Beagle, remember and repeat to yourself, go big or go home.

No worries mate, after Christmas eating there's plenty of Beagle to go around, tummy even bigger than my portfolio lol
All joking aside, in my opinion there's no harm in having some international exposure. I'm presently looking / researching emerging markets, European and Asia managed funds and ETF's. A lot of experts I've been listening too on CNBC believe that generally the Emerging markets are at a much earlier stage of the bull cycle than developed markets. TEM looks good trading at a ~ 10% discount to NTA.

Balance
07-01-2018, 04:33 PM
Learnt the hard way over the decades never to invest in any stock I have no understanding of or have underlying confidence in the fundamentals. Ok if one is trading in and out - then, TA can be used rather than fundamentals.

Serko fundamentals are sound to me and the directors and management certainly put more abs more of their own money at risk - always a good sign.

As for upside, the global nature of the company’s operations mean there’s huge upside ahead provided they keep ahead of the curve.

So far, so good.

Thor
08-01-2018, 09:06 PM
Great start to the year for Serko. With their expansion into international markets, and all their growing revenue streams, there is a lot of potential growth going forward. As they continue to onboard customers they also increase their content bookings, so there should be real acceleration of revenue going forward.

I just hope they don't get acquired too early, they must be on the radar of some companies, especially as they already dominate the Australasian market.

gbogo
08-01-2018, 10:12 PM
This stock has performed very well recently and I rode a portion of that myself. They seem to have turned the business around and show promise and have the usual great potential of a good technology company. However, I am having difficulty understanding how Serko is very different from Concur. https://www.concur.com/ , which seems to me to be the Intuit of this market. I would appreciate hearing the view of those with better understanding of the business, than mine. Thanks in advance.

RupertBear
11-01-2018, 10:28 PM

Probably just gross recklessness and the silly hound is drunk on excess profits from 2017...should do something sensible with it and go waste it on a new car rather than punt on silly tech companies with no real fundamental's...but HOPE is a strategy right ? so you never know I might get lucky again.

Think our timing sucked with this one Mr Beagle :mellow: I am well underwater today :(

couta1
12-01-2018, 08:37 AM
Think our timing sucked with this one Mr Beagle :mellow: I am well underwater today :( The ultimate challenge, trying to time a perfect entry point, the point where the SP NEVER drops below your buy in price. PS-I reckon this one run ahead of itself anyways.

Brain
12-01-2018, 09:12 AM
The ultimate challenge, trying to time a perfect entry point, the point where the SP NEVER drops below your buy in price. PS-I reckon this one run ahead of itself anyways.

Forecast ebitda 1.3M$ March 2018 . Market cap $162M . Yes I agree it has run ahead of itself.I think Plexure would be a better punt.

Balance
12-01-2018, 10:21 AM
Forecast ebitda 1.3M$ March 2018 . Market cap $162M . Yes I agree it has run ahead of itself.I think Plexure would be a better punt.

Disagree.

If you like Plexure, you should like Snakk even more. :D

Beagle
12-01-2018, 10:47 AM
Think our timing sucked with this one Mr Beagle :mellow: I am well underwater today :(

This one making real money unlike some other more speculative investments.
http://www.serko.com/news-blog/serko-achieves-maiden-profit-and-cash-flow-positive-for-the-half-year-period/

Brain
12-01-2018, 12:06 PM
Disagree.

If you like Plexure, you should like Snakk even more. :D

Two different animals. I never understood what Snakk actually did apart from possibly being an advertising agency and also the Handly factor is a distinct negative.

Plexure have disappointed the punters in the past but a new CEO and with the cash burn ending the optimist in me tells me it will be different this time.

I probably should have emphasised the word punt. At this stage of the game both Plexure and Serko are exactly that and any money on these is money a punter should afford to lose.

Balance
12-01-2018, 12:46 PM
Two different animals. I never understood what Snakk actually did apart from possibly being an advertising agency and also the Handly factor is a distinct negative.

Plexure have disappointed the punters in the past but a new CEO and with the cash burn ending the optimist in me tells me it will be different this time.

I probably should have emphasised the word punt. At this stage of the game both Plexure and Serko are exactly that and any money on these is money a punter should afford to lose.

Serko and Plexure are at totally different end of the investment spectrum!

Plexure is a backdoor job with minimal disclosures and with money already made by the promoters and original shareholders selling out as fast as they can.

No need to assess any further.

RupertBear
12-01-2018, 05:43 PM
Great start to the year for Serko. With their expansion into international markets, and all their growing revenue streams, there is a lot of potential growth going forward. As they continue to onboard customers they also increase their content bookings, so there should be real acceleration of revenue going forward.

I just hope they don't get acquired too early, they must be on the radar of some companies, especially as they already dominate the Australasian market.

Well that was a brutal 48 hours! :scared: Gulp

Ggcc
12-01-2018, 06:08 PM
I see this stock still overvalued. I may look at when the price comes closer to $1.50

RGR367
12-01-2018, 06:36 PM
I see this stock still overvalued. I may look at when the price comes closer to $1.50

Over valued :( Where were you when it was under 40 cents :cool:

couta1
12-01-2018, 07:07 PM
Well that was a brutal 48 hours! :scared: Gulp Brutal week unless 100% of your portfolio is in the likes of HLG, the only stock that's kept my overall portfolio in the blue.

hardt
12-01-2018, 07:09 PM

Very low variable costs that come with new revenue, stagnant fixed costs and all that revenue growth... this is looking like a 30-40% EBITDA margin business in the making.

Their margins, a 25-35% revenue growth trajectory and cashflow is something we all should want to be a part of.

Conservative estimates have them packing 3-5m EBITDA on the back of a 6-9m increase in sales in FY19.

The absurdness of insanely high ratios dissipates very quickly with rapidly growing revenues surpassing a fixed cost base.

Serko is not a punt.

Ggcc
12-01-2018, 07:13 PM
Over valued :( Where were you when it was under 40 cents :cool:
Never knew this share existed until everyone else noticed it. Plus no more new kiwi tech companies on my radar

Brain
12-01-2018, 07:57 PM
Very low variable costs that come with new revenue, stagnant fixed costs and all that revenue growth... this is looking like a 30-40% EBITDA margin business in the making.

Their margins, a 25-35% revenue growth trajectory and cashflow is something we all should want to be a part of.

Conservative estimates have them packing 3-5m EBITDA on the back of a 6-9m increase in sales in FY19.

The absurdness of insanely high ratios dissipates very quickly with rapidly growing revenues surpassing a fixed cost base.

Serko is not a punt.

Clearly from what you have written above this one is an absolute certainty. A mortgage on the house should be the only course of action.

kiora
13-01-2018, 04:01 AM
Can I suggest if one looks one will find :)

Balance
13-01-2018, 01:06 PM

Serko is not a punt.

Good summary, hardt.

Anyone who has followed and invested in Diligent (and made huge gains) know that there are many similarities between the two companies - especially pertaining to building up recurring annuity income streams from a global base.

I will put my money anytime with management who put their own money and funds behind the growth of a business (as in Serko).

And anyone who followed Diligent will know that a stock like Serko will be volatile.

Heck, I have witnessed this stock:

- in the first year of listing listed below issue price ($1.10), dipped to 90c as flippers/punters bailed out, rose twice briefly above the issue price only to be quickly sold down by presumably relieved initial IPO shareholders,

- in the next two years, getting sold down to 28c even as the directors and institutions reaffirmed their confidence and pumped in more capital at 80c,

https://stocknessmonster.com/announcements/sko.nzx-275430/

(Contrast that with all the backdoor jobs like Snakk, SeaDragon, Plexure etc where the promoters and original shareholders cannot sell out fast enough. If the business is any good, why would they sell out in such haste at every opportunity?)

- then staged the most spectacular gain on the NZX in 2017.

And yes, I know one investor who bought 300,000 shares all the way from 37c to 75c who recently sold out. Anyone with access to the share register can check that out.

And yes, good on her!

A stock like Serko is definitely not for the faint of heart and for those who invest on 'feel'. It has to be tracked and monitored carefully to assess how it is going in its business strategy - well articulated at the IPO and through regular updates.

Again, contrast that with the backdoor jobs like Plexure where it's all hype (with suitably tech-sounding PR releases to hoodwink the naive) while the original shareholders sell out.

In the end, if the kitchen is too hot, stay out.

Ggcc
13-01-2018, 07:03 PM
I’ll stay out of this kitchen until the sp is simmering instead of boiling

Balance
14-01-2018, 10:35 AM
I’ll stay out of this kitchen until the sp is simmering instead of boiling

Good call.

Must be comfortable when one takes any position in the market - must be commensurate with one's own risk tolerance profile.

Buy when directors buy in volumes - that's one of my guiding investing principles.

Get the hell out when directors get out in volumes in unison - another guidance to follow.

silu
15-01-2018, 04:55 PM
I just checked the SP and expected a big red arrow and somehow this ended up in the blue for the day. That's quite the intraday gain if anyone was bold enough.

Balance
16-01-2018, 12:47 PM
I just checked the SP and expected a big red arrow and somehow this ended up in the blue for the day. That's quite the intraday gain if anyone was bold enough.

Up 14.5% on 11,000 shares.

Kitchen is still hot so those with low tolerance for volatility should continue to stay out.

RupertBear
16-01-2018, 01:50 PM
WOW this is a very volitile wee beast :eek2: :)

Putty
16-01-2018, 01:52 PM
Might just shut my eyes on this one for a few weeks :p

Balance
27-02-2018, 11:10 AM
https://www.nzx.com/announcements/314742

Momentum of growing annuity income continues.

Diligently chugging along.

silu
27-02-2018, 11:42 AM
Did a quick check on ATPI and on the surface couldn't find a major difference between them and Serko. One of the potential suitors in the months/years to come?

Schrodinger
27-02-2018, 11:47 AM
Guaranteed customers sourced from ATPI for several years assuming they dont mess it up. This is all about resourcing and execution now. Serko was always disadvanted globally due to its small size so therefore door opening would take longer. This is no longer the problem.

They will have to double down on (MULTI-SITE/COUNTRY) delivery, implementation and customer satisfaction.

Please for the love of god fix your board!

silu
27-02-2018, 11:50 AM
@Schrodinger Do you have expertise in this field? If so what are your views on the current board?

Balance
27-02-2018, 11:57 AM
@Schrodinger Do you have expertise in this field? If so what are your views on the current board?

I like the current board myself - any board member prepared to put more of their money into a company deserves support.

We have just witnessed with CBL the exact opposite - taking money from the market to 'expand' and to cash out directors and management.

Schrodinger, you obviously have concerns - share with us?

Schrodinger
27-02-2018, 12:03 PM
They are missing a deep level travel tech expert pref USA/EU - Xero had the founder of their Australian competitor.... Also a great multi country enterprise IT operations background (implementation) expert would be useful (probably deep enterprise project experience who can help on project governance*). Heck even a been there done that founder or VC tech expert in scale up - Claudia is light weight..

I dont want another Wynyard.

*can spot issues before they happen

Check out Vista/Xero/Gentracks Boards. Time to up the game team.

Balance
27-02-2018, 12:07 PM
They are missing a deep level travel tech expert pref USA/EU - Xero had the founder of their Australian competitor.... Also a great multi country enterprise IT operations background (implementation) expert would be useful (probably deep enterprise project experience who can help on project governance*). Heck even a been there done that founder or VC tech expert in scale up - Claudia is light weight..

Good thought.

Schrodinger
27-02-2018, 12:12 PM
Point is Serko is still thinking regional Aust/NZ and acting that way. This new deal means the risks and reward are multiplied. Governance will be crucial.

silu
27-02-2018, 12:14 PM
Thank you for your input Schrodinger.

Schrodinger
27-02-2018, 12:29 PM
This type of background is nice (ATPI Board Member):

Andrew Waller
Chief Executive Officer
http://www.atpi.com/assets/Uploads/Head-Shots/_resampled/resizedimage120160-Andrew-Waller-ATPI-Group-002.jpgWith a career spanning international leadership roles in the business and leisure travel sectors, Andrew brings experience from multinational brands such as Carlson Wagonlit Travel (CWT), Walt Disney Travel Company, Norwegian Cruise Line, Hertz and British Airways.
Outside of the travel sector, Waller held a senior position in UK Motorsport as managing director of the five leading circuits including Silverstone and Brands Hatch. He has also served as Deputy Chairman of the UK Guild of Travel Management Companies.

RTM
27-02-2018, 01:48 PM

Thanks.
Could this person come from ATPI ?

silu
09-03-2018, 09:37 AM
Someone help me out here with the announcement as my coffee hasn't kicked in. 1,927.571636 shares for $4,125 under the Non-Executive Director Fixed Trading Plan. That means 1927 shares @ $2.14 and the rest are just the decimal points right?

silu
21-03-2018, 10:27 AM

@ Schrodinger
Any views on Murray Warner previous with Concur (https://www.theceomagazine.com/business/murray-warner)?

Schrodinger
21-03-2018, 11:10 AM
Sounds good assuming he was poached and not forced from Concur =) This is an Australasian appointment which is a market of strength of Serko so making that region more solid is a good move.

I am more worried about them performing in UK/USA and building a great team to execute. A lack of people with deep travel tech experience in both of these markets is a weakness within SKO.

silu
23-03-2018, 03:48 PM
Thanks Schrodinger!

In a sea of red Serko stands out like a sore thumb today. Up 6.1% to $2.25

Balance
23-03-2018, 05:12 PM
Thanks Schrodinger!

In a sea of red Serko stands out like a sore thumb today. Up 6.1% to $2.25

Guess a big buy order came hoping to capitalise on a sell-off?

whatsup
27-03-2018, 11:04 AM
On the road again, somefings up , whatsup ?

Balance
27-03-2018, 12:29 PM
On the road again, somefings up , whatsup ?

Good story keeps getting better while fleas on dogs multiple until they get treated properly - that's the nature of things?

ATM vs Fonterra is best example.

silu
12-04-2018, 10:29 AM
Serko Expands North American Presence with Industry Veteran Tony D’Astolfo
Serko today announced the further expansion of its North American operations with the appointment of Tony D’Astolfo, as Senior Vice President, NORAM.

Serko CEO, Darrin Grafton said, “With Tony joining, we welcome arguably one of the most influential executives in corporate travel in the North American market. This is another key milestone in Serko’s global expansion and we’re thrilled to add someone of Tony’s caliber to the team. His experience, track record and extensive network will propel our efforts to launch Zeno in the world’s largest business travel market.”

D’Astolfo is a 30-year travel industry veteran with deep expertise in business travel and technology. His successful track record in the corporate travel technology space began at GetThere, where he led the pre-IPO startup as Vice President of Sales. D’Astolfo then moved to Deem, where he assembled and led a team that added over 7,000 customers, before leaving to lead Phocuswright, the travel industry’s premier research firm, as Managing Director.

“The North American market is looking for alternatives to the status quo, and Zeno, the state-of-the-art travel and expense technology platform that Darrin and team have built at Serko is perfectly positioned to make an impact”, said D’Astolfo. “I’m excited to join a team with a proven history of execution and look forward to leading the efforts here in North America”.

Grafton added “Our entry into the U.S. market is gathering momentum and we’re excited to give the U.S. and Canadian markets a sorely needed new option.”

D’Astolfo joins former Amex and NuTravel exec Rich Miller, and former Concur exec Murray Warner as the newest members of the leadership team at Serko. The new look executive line-up, along with Serko’s new flagship product, Zeno, will be introduced to the industry at the upcoming ACTE Conference in New York, April 29- May 1, and the BTTB-GTBA conference in Sydney on May 8-9.

Lorne Ranger
12-04-2018, 05:54 PM
I seem to be quite happy with this development. US markets seem to benefit from those that know the culture and territory so hopefully he can connect the right eyes and ears to this initiative. Good luck. Good NY mafia name too (is that racist?)

Balance
01-05-2018, 10:10 AM
https://www.nzx.com/announcements/317352

ASX listing applied for.

Given that Serko derives most of its revenues in Australia, it is a very logical step in the company's evolution into a truly global entity.

Sp heading back towards its previous high of $2.56 - next stop has to be $3.00 as most of the flippers must be just about gone by now.

Happy holder.

Beagle
01-05-2018, 10:18 AM
I hold a few as well. Good move listing in Australia, should boost awareness.

Schrodinger
01-05-2018, 10:24 AM
$ for performance is better on ASX. If they deliver the goods this will be very good for SKO as the company will be more appropriately valued and if they really perform this its $$ (look at A2M).

Balance
01-05-2018, 10:29 AM
$ for performance is better on ASX. If they deliver the goods this will be very good for SKO as the company will be more appropriately valued and if they really perform this its $$ (look at A2M).

That's the critical point - Serko must perform, and it has been performing.

A2M, Xero, Lion Nathan, Nuplex etc show the way.

The fact that ASX rejected the likes GeoP shows that ASX is rather selective - which augers well for Serko.

Balance
01-05-2018, 10:30 AM
I hold a few as well. Good move listing in Australia, should boost awareness.

$2.57 - new high.

That you buying, Beagle? :D

Schrodinger
01-05-2018, 10:30 AM
btw the Board is still awful - very weak.

silu
01-05-2018, 10:36 AM
I'm genuinely excited about the FY result to be announced this month. Looks as if a new all-time high will be broken in the run up to it. Also very good move to seek a dual listing on the ASX.
Happy holder.

Balance
01-05-2018, 10:39 AM
I'm genuinely excited about the FY result to be announced this month. Looks as if a new all-time high will be broken in the run up to it. Also very good move to seek a dual listing on the ASX.
Happy holder.

Hard to imagine that you could have bought this stock at under 30c last year!

Going to be a 10 bagger for those brave and smart enough to take the opportunity last year!

Schrodinger
01-05-2018, 10:44 AM
Just another point: they usually wouldn't pursue a second listing unless the results are going to be good. Why load on another $300K+ in compliance fees. Fingers crossed.

silu
01-05-2018, 10:46 AM

Going to be a 10 bagger for those brave and smart enough to take the opportunity last year!

I averaged down my IPO and SP holding at 35c so obviously very happy :)

Balance
01-05-2018, 10:54 AM
Just another point: they usually wouldn't pursue a second listing unless the results are going to be good. Why load on another $300K+ in compliance fees. Fingers crossed.

Very good point, Schrodinger!

Leftfield
01-05-2018, 11:21 AM

Well done Balance, and thank you for alerting me to this one. A very healthy addition to my humble portfolio, and on today's news looking very exciting for the years ahead.

Balance
01-05-2018, 11:23 AM
Well done Balance, and thank you for alerting me to this one. A very healthy addition to my humble portfolio, and on today's news looking very exciting for the years ahead.

Absolute pleasure, LF.

We are here to assist each other with making investment decisions.

Good on you!

sb9
01-05-2018, 03:25 PM
Absolute pleasure, LF.

We are here to assist each other with making investment decisions.

Good on you!

Good luck to all holders, nice gains over past few months. I've surely missed the bus on this one.

madmat
01-05-2018, 04:08 PM
Good luck to all holders, nice gains over past few months. I've surely missed the bus on this one.

I only yesterday purchased into this with the intent to hold. Not as nice as $0.30 but still sounding like a good time to jump on board.

Balance
02-05-2018, 08:35 AM
http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU1805/S00045/serko-shares-reach-new-record-ahead-of-asx-secondary-listing.htm

Any share which goes from record high to yet another record high inevitably draws institutional attention.

I understand that Serko will be making presentations to investors & brokers prior to and post the ASX listing so here's hoping a few Aussie institutions get onboard.

So far, they have Milford, Harbour and ACC onboard as shareholders.

Shares starting to get tight - which is good as the story becomes better and better.

Balance
02-05-2018, 03:19 PM
https://thespinoff.co.nz/business/01-05-2018/whos-the-most-innovative-hi-tech-service-of-them-all/

Shortlisted for Kiwibank Hi-Tech award for 2018.

PPH was the winner last year and its share price has moved from $1.66 to $4.00 since the award.

Be happy to see Serko put on the same quantum of gain!

$6 billion of corporate travel booked and managed via Serko's platform annually - plenty of upside ahead as Serko switches to a %tage fee charging model rather than a transaction fee model.

Imagine if they can achieve 1% fee = $60m!

t.rexjr
02-05-2018, 03:24 PM
https://thespinoff.co.nz/business/01-05-2018/whos-the-most-innovative-hi-tech-service-of-them-all/

PPH was the winner last year and its share price has moved from $1.66 to $4.00 since the award.

$6 billion of corporate travel booked and managed via Serko's platform annually - plenty of upside ahead as Serko switches to a %tage fee charging model rather than a transaction fee model.

Been waiting for the pullback on this one since 67c ;)

silu
02-05-2018, 03:35 PM
Been waiting for the pullback on this one since 67c ;)

Yeah the pullback method is not a successful one..... I'll get me coat.

Beagle
02-05-2018, 03:44 PM

That's talking language this dog likes. Imagine i they could get a cut like PPH gets of 2.9% ! :t_up:

Leftfield
02-05-2018, 04:07 PM
Wowza! Up around 30c today. Nice day for holders.

RupertBear
02-05-2018, 04:12 PM
Wowza! Up around 30c today. Nice day for holders.

Yes I am thanking my lucky stars for not selling down a few last week. I am finally learning to have patience :cool:

silu
02-05-2018, 04:25 PM
Yes I am thanking my lucky stars for not selling down a few last week. I am finally learning to have patience :cool:

As Charles Rhoades Sr said on Billions. If you're sitting on a monster you better ride it hard.

Balance
02-05-2018, 07:15 PM
https://www.nzx.com/announcements/317352

ASX listing applied for.

Given that Serko derives most of its revenues in Australia, it is a very logical step in the company's evolution into a truly global entity.

Sp heading back towards its previous high of $2.56 - next stop has to be $3.00 as most of the flippers must be just about gone by now.

Happy holder.

And $3.00 IT IS!

Probably run too hard today - needs to do some work around this level.

Like Xero or ATM, let's hope the Oz institutions like this story.

Beagle
02-05-2018, 07:21 PM
$2.57 - new high.

That you buying, Beagle? :D

Should have doubled down...always easy in hindsight isn't it lol

Balance
03-05-2018, 11:18 AM
Should have doubled down...always easy in hindsight isn't it lol

Well, I am putting my money where my mouth is.

Bought some more shares* - not easy to fork out at these levels but ...

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/314742

I suspect most of the market is not aware of just how significant the deal with ATPI - sp went from $2.10 to $2.50 on that announcement.

The smart money has obviously been buying.

*DYOR

Balance
05-05-2018, 07:23 AM
Now that the market is waking up to the true upside potential of Serko, here's another lovely little bit of information which was largely ignored by the market at the time.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/316669

Appointment of Tony D’Astolfo - acknowledged by travel industry as one of its profile corporate movers and shakers.

Examples from travel industry publications:

The Dime : "Since recreating the self-booking and ground tech company in 2016, Deem’s leadership was unabashed about taking on Concur. It’s hard to picture Deem having the same moxie without Tony D’Astolfo, an industry celebrity who served as face of the company and chief commercial officer."

The Beat : "After seven years of slogging and blogging for Rearden Commerce, Tony D'Astolfo is hanging up his team jersey. Truly one of corporate travel's own, a huge personality in his own right, Tony brought with him a new legitimacy as well as quite a few GetThere alumni to Rearden when he joined it around the time I started The Beat."

Balance
07-05-2018, 07:36 AM
https://skift.com/2018/04/23/the-skift-2018-corporate-travel-innovators-list/

Serko identified as one of the industry's corporate travel innovators list.

Next step likely to be M&A in the sector to gain scale to take on the big boys of the industry - Concur & Amex.

Or a case of the big boys taking over the likes of Serko?

Interesting times ahead!

hardt
07-05-2018, 08:05 AM
https://skift.com/2018/04/23/the-skift-2018-corporate-travel-innovators-list/

Serko identified as one of the industry's corporate travel innovators list.

Next step likely to be M&A in the sector to gain scale to take on the big boys of the industry - Concur & Amex.

Or a case of the big boys taking over the likes of Serko?

Interesting times ahead!

CTD would make a fine parent for SKO...

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20180220/pdf/43rr14d39dj896.pdf - S/22

M&A Discipline

Targets must possess:
- Strong Market Reputation/Market Leader *YES/NOT YET*
- Excellent Management Team *YES*
- High Historical Client and Staff Retention *YES*

Targets must fit strategic rationale:
- Builds Scale, Geographic Footprint, Builds upon Niche *YES*
- Highly EPS Accretive *NOT YET*

DISC: shareholder in both

Balance
07-05-2018, 08:44 AM

M&A Discipline

Targets must possess:

Possibility.

Let's be ambitious though and wish Serko to do a Xero equivalent - grow really big and successful, rather than just be another NZ company which is gobbled up before it can realize a global potential.

Failing which, be better for Serko to be taken over by a really big boy like Concur SAP - for a really big price.

https://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/09/18/sap-buys-concur-technologies-for-8-3-billion/

Schrodinger
07-05-2018, 01:18 PM
Who is cutting CTD's lunch in USA?

M&A Discipline

Targets must possess:

Schrodinger
07-05-2018, 01:34 PM
Possibility.

Let's be ambitious though and wish Serko to do a Xero equivalent - grow really big and successful, rather than just be another NZ company which is gobbled up before it can realize a global potential.

Failing which, be better for Serko to be taken over by a really big boy like Concur SAP - for a really big price.

https://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/09/18/sap-buys-concur-technologies-for-8-3-billion/

Prefer SKO to buy them out=p. CTD multiple times larger and growing slightly faster. Tells me that SKO is not firing on cylinders and its either a tech issue or management. Cant see a great difference between both offerings. SKO need to be more obvious about their space as they both pitch to the same customers. I assume they arent a direct substitute (fropm the customers perspective not their own). If this is the case then get better at telling the story. Corporate travel is an extremely complex business so simplify it.

Balance
07-05-2018, 01:36 PM
Prefer SKO to buy them out=p. CTD multiple times larger and growing slightly faster. Tells me that SKO is not firing on cylinders and its either a tech issue or management. Cant see a great difference between both offerings. SKO need to be more obvious about their space as they both pitch to the same customers. I assume they arent a direct substitute (fropm the customers perspective not their own). If this is the case then get better at telling the story. Corporate travel is an extremely complex business so simplify it.

Be a very interesting question to ask Serko next week when they start their presentations to brokers and their clients.

Schrodinger
07-05-2018, 01:41 PM
Im looking for a minimum 30% increase in HY/FY revenue. Profit not of interest at this stage.

Be a very interesting question to ask Serko next week when they start their presentations to brokers and their clients.

Balance
07-05-2018, 01:57 PM
Good exposure through presentations for Serko in the month ahead :

"D'Astolfo joins former Amex and NuTravel exec Rich Miller, and former Concur exec Murray Warner as the newest members of the leadership team at Serko.

The new look executive line-up, along with Serko's new flagship product, Zeno, will be introduced to the industry at the upcoming ACTE Conference in New York, April 29-May 1, and the BTTB-GTBA conference in Sydney on May 8-9."

Schrodinger
07-05-2018, 02:01 PM
Lifted from homepage. Clearly they arent the market leader in Australasia. and the 50% claim is misleading. Do they mean all organisations , top 200, one sector? If they are claiming superior tech then say so and show the tech. Btw CTD has $50M revenue in Australasia (edit: this may include other "non tech" divisions not enough time to check). The 20% reduction in spend is nice but is this common i.e. CTD also reduces spend by 20%??

Also not keen on the "growing globally" wording either. Maybe wait a few month till they actually get some customers. Expenses are growing globally..They will need this sorted out before they go USA as that market wont put up with it.

Assumed angle: Integrated Travel and Expense Platform. Why is this better??? Speed? Please market better get a marketing team on it. Too many features not enough benefits.

Corporate Solution

Serko is the leading online travel booking and expense management provider in Australasia, that's growing globally.

Over 50% of Australasian organisation use Serko Online as their Online Booking Tool (OBT) to help manage travel programmes and reduce the cost of business travel - by as much as 20%.

Balance
08-05-2018, 11:26 AM
http://yankeeanalysts.com/serko-limited-ordinary-shares-sko-nz-climbs-27-80-for-the-week/169673/

"Serko Limited Ordinary Shares (SKO.NZ) Climbs 27.80% For the Week"

https://arcadiacaller.com/unusual-activity-spotted-in-serko-limited-ordinary-shares-sko-nz-as-shares-move-0-00/314076.html

"Unusual Activity Spotted in Serko Limited Ordinary Shares (SKO.NZ)"

Getting the attention - but not the right attention just yet.

Wait for the ASX listing.

See that Xero is now almost at its all time high again? That's what happens when a good story gets into the right market.

RTM
08-05-2018, 11:34 AM
http://yankeeanalysts.com/serko-limited-ordinary-shares-sko-nz-climbs-27-80-for-the-week/169673/

https://arcadiacaller.com/unusual-activity-spotted-in-serko-limited-ordinary-shares-sko-nz-as-shares-move-0-00/314076.html

See that Xero is now almost at its all time high again? That's what happens when a good story gets into the right market.

Yes...must be making a lot of NZ companies consider there listing location. For the sake of their shareholders.

silu
08-05-2018, 11:47 AM

These are all reports written by bots and they are a dime a dozen so I never pay any attention to them.

Balance
08-05-2018, 01:36 PM
These are all reports written by bots and they are a dime a dozen so I never pay any attention to them.

Agreed.

The point really is that the big movement in Serko sp in the last week is drawing attention - certainly many fund managers who keep technology type stocks on their watch list will be taking note.

I think Serko will be presenting a receptive audience when they start talking to the Australian institutions and investors.

silu
11-05-2018, 04:53 PM
A couple of directors have bought more shares under the non-executive directors fixed trading plan. Hopefully bodes well for the result announcement.

whatsup
16-05-2018, 11:38 AM
Is there a leaky boat here what with the results due soon ?

t.rexjr
16-05-2018, 11:42 AM
Is there a leaky boat here what with the results due soon ?

I'd suspect were looking at sheep chasing cows, then sheep following sheep.

blobbles
16-05-2018, 12:07 PM
Good buying opportunity if they meet/exceed targets... Plus with the upcoming Aus listing

Leftfield
16-05-2018, 02:19 PM
Good buying opportunity if they meet/exceed targets... Plus with the upcoming Aus listing

I thought so too, so scooped up a few today at a discounted price.

Balance
17-05-2018, 12:36 PM
I thought so too, so scooped up a few today at a discounted price.

Good on you!

One of my brokers sent me a note on a presentation done by Serko yesterday. Key points to come out of the presentation:

1. No financials discussed as Serko is reporting next week.

2. Company is obviously going well with the Zeno platform being used by the majority of big corporate users in Australasia > 50% market share.

3. Solid platform in place to scale the business.

4. Serko very confident now about taking on the States & other markets - hence the build up of key personnel and operational base.

5. Darrin Grafton (who presented) said institutions had been concerned and kept asking about how Serko is going to get its global and US customers from.
He said that was what Serko has been focusing on in the last 2 years as a public listed company - firstly, the alliances and agreements that Serko has made with the likes of APTI will see Zeno rolled out to over 55 countries, and secondly, many of the existing clients are global anyway.

6. The industry is going through massive M&A with the likes of Amex setting the pace. Amex bought KDS, Mezi and Hogg Robinson in the same space as Serko.

7. Serko is a much bigger player, a more complete and multi-dimensional travel technology company than the three that Amex acquired and yet Amex paid US$160m for one of them!

Happy holder and happy to buy more if I was around yesterday when the sp dropped to $2.71!

Leftfield
17-05-2018, 12:55 PM
Thanks Balance..... part of my motivation was keeping my buy button busy so I didn't sell any of my ATM holdings at yesterday's crazy prices.

Feeling much better today both on the ATM and SKO fronts! :t_up:

ps thanks for the update from your broker. Sounds like a rare wise broker!

silu
17-05-2018, 01:11 PM
Good on you!

One of my brokers sent me a note on a presentation done by Serko yesterday. Key points to come out of the presentation:

1. No financials discussed as Serko is reporting next week.

2. Company is obviously going well with the Zeno platform being used by the majority of big corporate users in Australasia > 50% market share.

3. Solid platform in place to scale the business.

4. Serko very confident now about taking on the States & other markets - hence the build up of key personnel and operational base.

5. Darrin Grafton (who presented) said institutions had been concerned and kept asking about how Serko is going to get its global and US customers from.
He said that was what Serko has been focusing on in the last 2 years as a public listed company - firstly, the alliances and agreements that Serko has made with the likes of APTI will see Zeno rolled out to over 55 countries, and secondly, many of the existing clients are global anyway.

6. The industry is going through massive M&A with the likes of Amex setting the pace. Amex bought KDS, Mezi and Hogg Robinson in the same space as Serko.

7. Serko is a much bigger player, a more complete and multi-dimensional travel technology company than the three that Amex acquired and yet Amex paid US$160m for one of them!

Happy holder and happy to buy more if I was around yesterday when the sp dropped to $2.71!

Thanks for sharing this balance.

Balance
17-05-2018, 01:56 PM
Thanks Balance..... part of my motivation was keeping my buy button busy so I didn't sell any of my ATM holdings at yesterday's crazy prices.

Feeling much better today both on the ATM and SKO fronts! :t_up:

ps thanks for the update from your broker. Sounds like a rare wise broker!

Not sure about wise!

But certainly good at providing information.

In this case, not research but a brief summary of the company's presentation.

I suspect Darrin will be making the same sort of presentations after the results are announced next week (23 May) to institutions and investors in Australia.

Hard to see the company not getting a good reception with such a good story.

PS. As usual, DYOR. I do put my money where my mouth is and of course, hope it does not turn sour!

Balance
18-05-2018, 07:04 AM
https://www.gep.com/mind/blog/big-shake-up-in-business-travel-as-amex-acquires-hrg

A bit more information on the massive consolidation and race to adopt technology-oriented strategy rather than the traditional service-based model.

So Amex paid US$575m (vs Serko's US$150m current market cap) to bulk up in the sector.

Seems to me that Serko is in a great position to help the industry consolidation!

Everwood
21-05-2018, 03:09 PM
I recently purchase some shares in the company. I originally said I was intending to hold off purchase anything until I saw a correction in the market after selling my shares in Xero, but I have a good feeling that Serko has a promising future after doing my own research.

I'm looking forward to the results on Wednesday and the Australian listing in June

Everwood
23-05-2018, 08:41 AM
The full year results have been released https://www.nzx.com/announcements/318318

silu
23-05-2018, 08:51 AM
Serko delivers maiden annual profit, sales up 28%
Full year net profit before tax of $2.0 million, representing a $5.3 million turnaround on the prior year loss.
Good progress is being made on Northern Hemisphere expansion.
Serko targeting Foreign Exempt Listing on the ASX in June.
Highlights:
• Total operating revenue1
rises 28% to $18.3 million with recurring product revenue rising 27%
to $16.4 million. Total income (including grants) rises 25% to $19.3 million.
• Profit before tax rises to $2.0 million from a $3.3 million loss in the prior year, representing a
$5.3 million turnaround.
• EBITDA2
rises to $2.2 million from a $2.5 million loss in the prior year, representing a $4.7
million turnaround.
• Online transactions grow 20% on the previous year.
• Annualised Transactional Monthly Revenue (ATMR)3
, an indicator of future recurring product
revenue rises 24% to $18.4 million.
• Operating expenses decrease by 6% to $17.7 million.
• Cash flow positive with an increase in cash balances of $0.8m to $5.2 million from $4.45 million
in the prior year

Leftfield
23-05-2018, 09:09 AM
Full year net profit before tax of $2.0 million, representing a $5.3 million turnaround on the prior year loss.
Highlights:
• Profit before tax rises to $2.0 million from a $3.3 million loss in the prior year, representing a
$5.3 million turnaround.
• EBITDA2
rises to $2.2 million from a $2.5 million loss in the prior year, representing a $4.7
million turnaround.
• Cash flow positive with an increase in cash balances of $0.8m to $5.2 million from $4.45 million
in the prior year

I'm happy. Onwards and upwards. (Well positioned.)

silu
23-05-2018, 09:23 AM
I can't see anything in profit announcement or outlook statement that would make current holders sell out. However it will bring in more potential investors who may have waited whether Serko can fulfill on their promise to become profitable in 2018 (they have broken that promise once before). I can see a little bit of a squeeze happening with the SP being pushed slightly higher.

ASX listing will be interesting - I only own one share in this industry (RXP) on the ASX but valuations are low.

blobbles
23-05-2018, 10:28 AM
Very nice, can't find anything to complain about! Growth could be higher, but that is always the case. A software company with a profit at this stage is a stand out!

Balance
23-05-2018, 11:35 AM
Happy with the results.

Noteworthy :

1. Recurring revenues now 90% of total revenues.

2. Operating leverage now evident - any increase in revenues mostly fall to bottom line.

3. Revenue forecast to increase by 15% to 30%. On that basis, NPAT should at least double.

Looking like Diligent when it moved from loss to profit.

Happy holder.

Beagle
23-05-2018, 11:48 AM
Happy with that, can't complain :)

Lorne Ranger
23-05-2018, 01:35 PM
Good results. I just wonder whether theres a segment of investors who expect Xero like growth trajectories who will shake out over the next couple of days, which could provide good buying in next 48-72 hours. Expect a sharp recovery when the bottom seems to be hit. Im positioned to increase my holding when it does.....

whatsup
24-05-2018, 09:48 AM
Highlights:
$5.3 million turnaround.
• EBITDA2
million turnaround.
in the prior year

Great numbers, cash flow positive and with its cash balance looks like a great position to be in for its overseas expansion.

silu
24-05-2018, 09:52 AM
All those positive replies yet the SP tanked on the announcement. I guess in NZ a tech company becomes unattractive the moment it becomes profitable.

Balance
24-05-2018, 11:16 AM
All those positive replies yet the SP tanked on the announcement. I guess in NZ a tech company becomes unattractive the moment it becomes profitable.

Can't help what the market wants to do, Silu - we are but minnows compared to some of the big boys but we can decide as individuals how we react to results and respond according to what the market does.

Serko is probably the best performing stock in the market so far this year - up 37% at its peak and still up 28% after yesterday's 'tanked'.

Happy to pick up a few more of this great story (stock global exposure with huge profit potential and corporate takeover appeal) if it reaches my top-up point of $2.50.

Putting my mouth where my money is.

Balance
25-05-2018, 05:47 PM
Suspect many are still unaware of just how significant the ATPI deal is for Serko :

"Peter Muller, international board director at ATPI, added: “As a leader in the corporate, energy and marine sectors, we’ve been amazed at how quickly Serko can solve the challenges others have not been able to address within our markets.”

Everwood
30-05-2018, 11:26 AM
Just over 1 million shares traded so far, which seems unusual. I wonder who is selling and buying?

Timesurfer
21-06-2018, 03:11 PM
A question for those that know. When I look at the ASB details on SKO I see this

Prices

Sell Quantity

Sellers

$2.900

$2.950

$3.000

3 +u

My question is what is the +u under the number of sellers?

t.rexjr
21-06-2018, 03:21 PM
Its an undisclosed sale. If memory serves you have to be selling a minimum of 100k to do it. Could be substantially higher though.

Timesurfer
21-06-2018, 03:25 PM
Thanks for that. I am sure that is a good way to not spread fear and panic. Hopefully the 25th will be kind to me.

Balance
21-06-2018, 03:52 PM
Thanks for that. I am sure that is a good way to not spread fear and panic. Hopefully the 25th will be kind to me.

That's actually exactly the way to spread fear and panic.

Except that it is often used to drive the short term traders out towards the waiting arms of a buyer.

Got to say, I have not seen 'u' in quite a while. Good to see its return.

t.rexjr
21-06-2018, 03:54 PM

It'll likely be matched with another big buyer and joe public will get excited when they see a big chunk of shares cross... and speculate that there must be value at that price... even though someone has also just sold at that price...

gbogo
21-06-2018, 04:08 PM
Serko listing on ASX - commences trading next Monday 25th June.

Timesurfer
21-06-2018, 05:34 PM
That's actually exactly the way to spread fear and panic.

Yes, a little bit of sarcasm in that post.
I am intrigued that the price jumped 50cents when they announced their intention to list on the ASX, and now that we are almost there the price is dipping albeit on low trading.

Leftfield
25-06-2018, 07:21 PM
Serko listing on ASX - commences trading next Monday 25th June.

Nice 10c or 3% boost to the SP today as SKO was traded on ASX for the first time.

Early days, but an encouraging sign as we wait for the next trading update.

Everwood
26-06-2018, 01:22 PM
There was a short 5 minute interview with CEO Darrin Grafton on Sky News yesterday https://www.news.com.au/video/id-5348771529001-5801482853001/serko-lists-on-the-asx

Leftfield
26-06-2018, 01:41 PM
There was a short 5 minute interview with CEO Darrin Grafton on Sky News yesterday https://www.news.com.au/video/id-5348771529001-5801482853001/serko-lists-on-the-asx

Thanks for posting..... I like the 'going live in UK and Canada from today' news!

silu
26-06-2018, 03:11 PM
Thanks for sharing Everwood. I also shared it on HC - extra marketing doesn't hurt. In case you're interested Darrin rang the opening bell at the ASX yesterday and gave a little (for NZ audiences rapturous - for US understated) speech. https://twitter.com/SerkoOnline/status/1011412544492224512

whatsup
28-06-2018, 11:52 AM

Must listen for all Serko share holders if not all N Z shareholders, lets hope that they can execuite their business plan !

Everwood
04-07-2018, 04:42 PM
Could someone give me a brief overview what was written in this NBR article that was published today? https://www.nbr.co.nz/subscribe/216678 Especially if there is anything noteworthy.

Everwood
05-07-2018, 11:49 AM
There is 7 minute interview with CEO Darrin Grafton on NBR radio https://m.soundcloud.com/nbr-radio/nbr-radio-the-best-interviews-updated-daily

You will need to fast forward to about 2hrs 40mins 30secs to find the beginning of the interview.

Balance
05-07-2018, 12:22 PM
There is 7 minute interview with CEO Darrin Grafton on NBR radio https://m.soundcloud.com/nbr-radio/nbr-radio-the-best-interviews-updated-daily

You will need to fast forward to about 2hrs 40mins 30secs to find the beginning of the interview.

Thanks for that.

Good story.

Happy holder here.

Timesurfer
27-07-2018, 01:58 PM
Well that is an awkward development.
So much for the ASX listing - all the buyers must have headed over there?

Jonboyz
30-07-2018, 10:45 AM
Serko has taken a major loss this week over 8%. Good time to invest or wait to see what develops here? I can't see anything wrong with this stock. I thought that listing in AU would give it a boost, not a trampling.

blobbles
30-07-2018, 03:03 PM
Serko has taken a major loss this week over 8%. Good time to invest or wait to see what develops here? I can't see anything wrong with this stock. I thought that listing in AU would give it a boost, not a trampling.

Quite often happens with an Aus listing. Nobody really covering it their yet so not much interest. As long as their story doesn't change, not sure why you would sell? Seems to be just churning through the traders at the moment, not huge volumes. I wouldn't worry about short term lightly traded drops when fundamentals haven't changed. Some weakness in global tech stocks isn't helping.

silu
31-07-2018, 08:51 AM
Pretty, pretty good:

MKTUPDTE: SKO: Serko Updates Market Guidance on Signing Flight Centre LOI

Serko Updates Market Guidance After Signing Letter of Intent with Flight
Centre Travel Group

Serko Limited (NZSX:SKO, ASX:SKO, 'Serko'), a leader in online travel booking
and expense management for business, today announced it has signed a Letter
of Intent (LOI) with Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG) and raised its FY19
guidance range for revenue growth to 20% - 30% above FY18 (from 15% -30%
previously).

The LOI commits the parties to endeavour to negotiate a contract variation
incorporating the agreed principles set out in the LOI, intended to be
effective 1 September 2018, which would extend the existing partnership with
FCTG's corporate brands across Australia, New Zealand and Asia through to
April 2022 at a minimum, and also includes an expansion in territory across
North America to include USA, Canada and Mexico.

Under the LOI, Serko is immediately entitled to receive an ongoing
development contribution from FCTG through to April 2019, at a minimum. This
will enable FCTG to launch a unique product based on Serko's latest online
travel management technology.

This commitment, along with other Travel Management Company (TMC) agreements
previously signed by Serko and announced to the market, is expected to result
in an uplift in revenue in the second half of FY19. As a result, Serko raises
its FY19 guidance range for revenue growth to 20% - 30% above FY18 (up from
previous guidance of 15% - 30%).

In the event that a binding contract variation is agreed based on the
principles set out in the LOI, we expect that the FCTG relationship will
deliver further revenue growth in FY20 year as we recognise the full trading
benefit of the geographic expansion and implementation of the new technology.

Serko will provide a further update on performance and progress for the FY19
year at the Annual Shareholder Meeting to be held on 22 August 2018.

Ends

Patient Panda
31-07-2018, 09:36 AM
Pretty, pretty good:

MKTUPDTE: SKO: Serko Updates Market Guidance on Signing Flight Centre LOI

Serko Updates Market Guidance After Signing Letter of Intent with Flight
Centre Travel Group

Serko Limited (NZSX:SKO, ASX:SKO, 'Serko'), a leader in online travel booking
and expense management for business, today announced it has signed a Letter
of Intent (LOI) with Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG) and raised its FY19
guidance range for revenue growth to 20% - 30% above FY18 (from 15% -30%
previously).

The LOI commits the parties to endeavour to negotiate a contract variation
incorporating the agreed principles set out in the LOI, intended to be
effective 1 September 2018, which would extend the existing partnership with
FCTG's corporate brands across Australia, New Zealand and Asia through to
April 2022 at a minimum, and also includes an expansion in territory across
North America to include USA, Canada and Mexico.

Under the LOI, Serko is immediately entitled to receive an ongoing
development contribution from FCTG through to April 2019, at a minimum. This
will enable FCTG to launch a unique product based on Serko's latest online
travel management technology.

This commitment, along with other Travel Management Company (TMC) agreements
previously signed by Serko and announced to the market, is expected to result
in an uplift in revenue in the second half of FY19. As a result, Serko raises
its FY19 guidance range for revenue growth to 20% - 30% above FY18 (up from
previous guidance of 15% - 30%).

In the event that a binding contract variation is agreed based on the
principles set out in the LOI, we expect that the FCTG relationship will
deliver further revenue growth in FY20 year as we recognise the full trading
benefit of the geographic expansion and implementation of the new technology.

Serko will provide a further update on performance and progress for the FY19
year at the Annual Shareholder Meeting to be held on 22 August 2018.

Ends

That is excellent news. Flight centre also growing nicely so Serko should stand to cintinue to benefit. A close friend works in one of the top performing flight centre offices and sounds like they’re really on the ball and know how to motivate their sellers.

Disc; Not a holder, just like watching from the sidelines

winner69
31-07-2018, 09:58 AM
Getting cosier with Flight must be good

Suppose new guidance is an ‘update’ but not an ‘upgrade’ except it’s obviously not going to be 15%-20%. They said - raised its FY19 guidance range for revenue growth to 20% - 30% above FY18 (from 15% -30% previously).

Beagle
31-07-2018, 10:14 AM

Suppose new guidance is an ‘update’ but not an ‘upgrade’ except it’s obviously not going to be 15%-20%. They said - raised its FY19 guidance range for revenue growth to 20% - 30% above FY18 (from 15% -30% previously).

Claytons upgrade...how to have an upgrade without having an upgrade lol
Disc: Very small holding.

whatsup
31-07-2018, 10:43 AM

Not to be under rated this partnership will just about be global atm and Im picking that eventually it will be, Im told by a travel ex that this is the bench mark for the travel industry and will be the norm eventually.

Timesurfer
31-07-2018, 10:46 AM
Claytons upgrade...how to have an upgrade without having an upgrade lol
Disc: Very small holding.
My green arrow is looking a lot more healthy today than yesterday, so I am happy with the news!

sb9
31-07-2018, 10:48 AM
Not to be under rated this partnership will just about be global atm and Im picking that eventually it will be, Im told by a travel ex that this is the bench mark for the travel industry and will be the norm eventually.

Agree 100%, they seem to be moving in the right direction.

Got some at the open this morning, will wait for further updates when they have their ASM on 22 Aug.

silu
07-08-2018, 08:54 AM
Just announced

FFER: SKO: Serko announces underwritten NZ$15m Placement

Serko announces an underwritten NZ$15m placement to provide greater
flexibility to accelerate growth opportunities

Serko Limited (NZX:SKO, ASX:SKO, "Serko") is pleased to announce an
underwritten placement to raise approximately NZ$15 million ("Placement").
The Placement is underwritten by Deutsche Craigs Limited(i).

The Placement is underwritten at a price of NZ$2.75 per share, reflecting a
3.2% discount to the last traded price of NZ$2.84 on Monday, 6 August and a
5.6% discount to the 30-day VWAP of NZ$2.91.

The bookbuild will take place on Tuesday, 7 August 2018. Serko expects to be
in a position to make an announcement as to the outcome of the bookbuild
prior to the commencement of trading on Wednesday, 8 August 2018. There will
be no Share Purchase Plan in connection with the Placement, however certain
NZX participants will be invited to participate in the bookbuild on behalf of
their New Zealand and Australian retail shareholder clients.

The Placement is expected to provide Serko with funds to bolster its working
capital position and strengthen its balance sheet, giving Serko greater
flexibility to both accelerate organic growth opportunities and execute
potential acquisitions, including:

o Undertaking investments to drive revenue growth such as establishing
sales and support functions in new international markets;
o Accelerating product development and integration of local content and
functionality in international markets which are required in order to appeal
to a wider range of Travel Management Companies (TMCs) and corporate users;
and
o Providing funding capacity for potential acquisitions that deliver
additional customers, development capability and in-market infrastructure,
facilitating and enhancing the pace of Serko's expansion into new
geographies.

Additionally, the Placement is expected to deliver a range of ancillary
benefits such as increasing Serko's free float, providing greater liquidity
for investors and broadening the share register investor base by introducing
new shareholders.

Key dates(ii)
Conduct bookbuild for underwritten placement Tuesday, 7 August 2018
Trading halt on NZX and ASX(iii) Tuesday, 7 August 2018
Announce placement completion and resume trading Wednesday, 8 August
Settlement for placement shares on the ASX register Thursday, 9 August
Settlement for placement shares on the NZX register Friday, 10 August
Allotment and trading of placement shares on NZX and ASX Friday, 10
August 2018

Further details
Further details of the Placement are set out in the Investor Presentation
lodged with NZX and ASX today.

Ends
For investor relations queries please contact:
Susan Putt
Chief Financial Officer, Serko
Phone: +64 9 309 4754
investor.relations@serko.com

Balance
07-08-2018, 09:48 AM
Happy with the placement.

Fully underwritten at a modest discount to market price (means Underwriter has canvassed the market and knows the demand is there).

Principal shareholders and directors not selling down (read the sell down by Trilogy directors etc for when we know the top is probably reached) and we know they actually put in more money last placement at above market price.

Likely that most of the shares will go to Australian institutions and if well managed, should see them using the placement shares as a base to buy more shares on market.

Means Serko is promoting the story more - as they always do to support placements.

Beagle
07-08-2018, 09:50 AM
Happy with the placement.

Fully underwritten at a modest discount to market price (means Underwriter has canvassed the market and knows the demand is there).

Principal shareholders and directors not selling down (read the sell down by Trilogy directors etc for when we know the top is probably reached) and we know they actually put in more money last placement at above market price.

Likely that most of the shares will go to Australian institutions and if well managed, should see them using the placement shares as a base to buy more shares on market.

Means Serko is promoting the story more - as they always do to support placements.

Happy with that and especially happy they are not asking me for more money. If they had of asked me I would refuse. Growth has underwhelmed me.
Disc: Very small holding and losing patience to be honest.

Balance
07-08-2018, 10:05 AM
Happy with that and especially happy they are not asking me for more money. If they had of asked me I would refuse. Growth has underwhelmed me.
Disc: Very small holding and losing patience to be honest.

Doesn't sound like a stock for you, Beagle.

Probably time for you to move on as this stock reminds me of Diligent - going to be some 'interesting' times ahead.

I expect the sp to spike higher after the placement. So opportunity to let go.

Sincerely and no offense meant.

Beagle
07-08-2018, 10:32 AM
Fair enough mate. I got sucked into the hype and agree that this one doesn't fit my normal investment style of real earnings or go home. Very small holding so not sure I can be bothered doing anything about it at this point.

Timesurfer
07-08-2018, 01:45 PM
I started buying in earlier this year - up as much as 70% on some purchases.
Happy to ride this one for a while longer.
Will probably sell out when they sit alongside Xero.

RTM
07-08-2018, 01:50 PM
I've had it since it listed. Intend to hold and enjoy the ride, uneven as it might be from time to time.
I'm wondering what the end game is.....will they be another Kiwi company that gets purchased by a bigger fish ?
Hope not....we need one of these to stick and become a big fish operating out of NZ.

Balance
07-08-2018, 03:21 PM
I started buying in earlier this year - up as much as 70% on some purchases.
Happy to ride this one for a while longer.
Will probably sell out when they sit alongside Xero.

I bought more at 80c on market after the share placement in Dec 2015 of 84c. Figured that if directors were prepared to buy more in volume at that price, things must be going fine.

Much to my surprise, the shares fell to a low of 25c in April 2017!

Now sitting on a nice 250% gain on those shares but should have loaded up at 25c - a ten bagger in 1 year and quarter!

Anyway, this is one NZ stock which operates and is competitive in the international arena so upside potential continues to be huge vs NZ based companies.

silu
07-08-2018, 03:45 PM
I've bought at IPO at $1.10 and then some more in 2016 at 76c just to see the share price drop so low I felt ill. However, after briefly contemplating selling it all at a loss and moving on, I checked all my reasons why I actually bought in. Bought some more on the way up at 35c just to get the average price down. I think late 2017 I posted that I feel it should be trading closer to $3.

I can't remember who said this to me but that person told me that Serko is not a NZ company. It is a global player that with the right management will become a leader in the market it decides to enter. Hence I'm still holding on to my big parcel. I've convinced myself that we are merely at the prologue of the Serko story.

Balance
08-08-2018, 08:46 AM
https://www.nzx.com/announcements/321856

Done and dusted.

blobbles
08-08-2018, 10:42 AM
Australian institutional investors on board. Retail investors as well... Talk of acquisitions too?

silu
08-08-2018, 10:52 AM
Market seems to like it. Will be interesting to see what the action on the ASX will bring. Hopefully someone who missed out will have to purchase on market.

silu
08-08-2018, 10:54 AM
Market seems to like it. Will be interesting to see what the action on the ASX will bring. Hopefully someone who missed out will have to purchase on market.

Haha literally the moment I hit send:
288 2,200,000 10:52

sb9
08-08-2018, 11:21 AM
Haha literally the moment I hit send:
288 2,200,000 10:52

Yes, follow the good money. I'm expecting price move past $3 mark very soon.

Timesurfer
08-08-2018, 02:21 PM
Good to see the market respond well and not for example leave us poor share holders to STU in our own juices like another capital raising example.

sb9
09-08-2018, 03:06 PM
Just hit $3 mark, hopefully it can carry on with its upward momentum from here. Waiting for an update when they've ASM in two weeks time on 22nd Aug.

silu
09-08-2018, 03:22 PM
Also Aug 11-15 in San Diego GBTA is happening and Serko will be there.

"Don’t miss the nearly 1,300 business travel buyers who will be making their purchasing decisions on the GBTA Convention 2018 Expo Floor. 95% of travel buyer attendees say the GBTA Expo influences which suppliers they select for their travel program."

Timesurfer
10-08-2018, 03:50 PM
Goodbye two's? Hoping so.

whatsup
10-08-2018, 04:18 PM
Just hit $3 mark, hopefully it can carry on with its upward momentum from here. Waiting for an update when they've ASM in two weeks time on 22nd Aug.

way to go before it hits the all time high.

silu
10-08-2018, 04:51 PM
Interview with Darrin Grafton:
https://skift.com/2018/08/09/interview-bringing-a-consumer-experience-to-corporate-travel/?utm_content=75404919&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Balance
10-08-2018, 06:20 PM
way to go before it hits the all time high.

Eh, highest day close was $3.08 - 6 cents away from today's close.

silu
11-08-2018, 07:07 PM
Zeno by Serko sounds impressive https://www.zeno.travel/gbta?utm_campaign=GBTA%20Launch&utm_content=75568124&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Timesurfer
13-08-2018, 01:10 PM
In a sea of red it is nice to have a little green oasis!

silu
13-08-2018, 01:19 PM
Zeno by Serko stand at GBTA2018
https://twitter.com/darringrafton/status/1028758967231500288

silu
13-08-2018, 01:42 PM
In a sea of red it is nice to have a little green oasis!

I blame you Timesurfer ;)

Timesurfer
13-08-2018, 01:47 PM
Bit hasty - but this could be your last discounted buying opportunity before we hit $5!

whatsup
13-08-2018, 03:10 PM
Bit hasty - but this could be your last discounted buying opportunity before we hit $5!

Now that would be very nice !

silu
15-08-2018, 08:57 AM
Checking their social media so you don't have to:

Successful Day 1 at #GBTA2018! We have been overwhelmed by the positive feedback we received today for the launch of #Zeno in North America.
TMCs, Travel managers and suppliers agree that Zeno brings fresh thinking and a smarter way of doing things. Our breakfast launch event tomorrow was even 2.5 times oversubscribed, so we doubled the size of the venue!
See you tomorrow, and if you want to find out more about the new way of thinking: https://hubs.ly/H0dnwm20

Balance
15-08-2018, 12:46 PM
Checking their social media so you don't have to:

Successful Day 1 at #GBTA2018! We have been overwhelmed by the positive feedback we received today for the launch of #Zeno in North America.
TMCs, Travel managers and suppliers agree that Zeno brings fresh thinking and a smarter way of doing things. Our breakfast launch event tomorrow was even 2.5 times oversubscribed, so we doubled the size of the venue!
See you tomorrow, and if you want to find out more about the new way of thinking: https://hubs.ly/H0dnwm20

Thanks for that, Silu.

If the interest is any indication of future take up, we are in for a bonanza!

Timesurfer
15-08-2018, 05:48 PM
I need this one to keep climbing to offset the sea of red that surrounds it in my portfolio.
I should have made the appointement with the bank manager at the beginning of the week - things were ALOT more optomistic then :(

silu
16-08-2018, 09:41 AM
Not sure how to embed tweets with pics here: Anyway - posted today on Serko's Twitter

Queues, overwhelming response and interest at our #Zeno booth. Thank you all, it was great being part of #GBTA2018!
https://twitter.com/SerkoOnline/status/1029824072589496320

BlackPeter
16-08-2018, 10:45 AM
Not sure how to embed tweets with pics here: Anyway - posted today on Serko's Twitter

Queues, overwhelming response and interest at our #Zeno booth. Thank you all, it was great being part of #GBTA2018!
https://twitter.com/SerkoOnline/status/1029824072589496320

Looks all good - and might be a promising company. Just wondering, though - how do you measure whether the current SP is a fair reflection of its value? I guess while revenue growth looks good, it is not outrageous for a software startup and growth company - and while it s great that they are now cash flow positive ... earnings history still feels a bit patchy.

percy
16-08-2018, 10:48 AM
Shares on issue ………....80,348,887
Market cap at $2.95 …..$237,029,217
eps...…………………………...2.45 cents.
PE ratio...……………………...120.41
NTA...…………………………...8.83 cps.
Dividend...……………………….0
Revenue ……………………….$18,3mil
Net Income...………………….$1.8 mil.
Perhaps a lot of SKO's future earnings are already priced into their share price.?

Schrodinger
16-08-2018, 11:02 AM
Dividend...……………………….0
Perhaps a lot of SKO's future earnings are already priced into their share price.?

13x revenue I agree. Comparing them to APT (ASX) @ 26x is interesting. Although APT is growing from $23M R to $140M R +...!

silu
16-08-2018, 11:36 AM
Yes on fundamentals it is overvalued but I'm in it for its disruptive technology. Such big markets left to explore for them. To me the more apt comparison would be with Xero which trades at approx 16x revenue.

Schrodinger
16-08-2018, 11:53 AM
Point is that growth drives revenue multiples and SKO is growing at a fraction of APT hence why I think future growth of SKO is already priced in i.e it’s overvalued. If they can prove they can grow above 40% that multiple is fine.

Meister
16-08-2018, 11:53 AM
Yes on fundamentals it is overvalued but I'm in it for its disruptive technology.

Can you elaborate on exactly why/how this technology is so disruptive? Is it really something that others can't easily build or copy?

Pushpay is an example of a technology that is hitting hard initially, growing fast, but ultimately isn't that special in terms of what it does and can be quite easily cloned I think. Xero on the other hand (and accounting software in general) is far more complex a product and it wouldn't be easy at all to try to compete with them. Look at Xero themselves scrapping their custom built tax thing recently and going with a partner.

Where does Serko fall on that scale?

Schrodinger
16-08-2018, 11:56 AM
Good question and key to USA push. If they can land a large USA customer and prove their approach is novel the sky is the limit. I would be watching for SIGNED deals and not trade show press releases.

silu
16-08-2018, 12:03 PM
Good question and key to USA push. If they can land a large USA customer and prove their approach is novel the sky is the limit. I would be watching for SIGNED deals and not trade show press releases.

I didn't want to push Serko's agenda just keeping existing shareholders abreast of what is going on at this important trade fair. If it's perceived to be ramping I can easily stop.

Yes contracts of course will be the key - I personally hope the LOI with Flight Centre Group will bare fruit (see announcement 19/7/18).

The next shareholder meeting will be on 22nd August and I'm sure we will learn more about the path ahead.

RTM
16-08-2018, 02:45 PM
I didn't want to push Serko's agenda just keeping existing shareholders abreast of what is going on at this important trade fair. If it's perceived to be ramping I can easily stop.

Yes contracts of course will be the key - I personally hope the LOI with Flight Centre Group will bare fruit (see announcement 19/7/18).

The next shareholder meeting will be on 22nd August and I'm sure we will learn more about the path ahead.

Don’t see it as ramping, thanks for posting the info, has saved me looking for it. If you hadn’t I would have missed it completely. Not sure what the end game will be for SKO, could easily be a takeover by another bigger player in the industry.
Disc. Modest holding from IPO.

Timesurfer
16-08-2018, 04:24 PM
Can you elaborate on exactly why/how this technology is so disruptive? Is it really something that others can't easily build or copy?

Pushpay is an example of a technology that is hitting hard initially, growing fast, but ultimately isn't that special in terms of what it does and can be quite easily cloned I think. Xero on the other hand (and accounting software in general) is far more complex a product and it wouldn't be easy at all to try to compete with them. Look at Xero themselves scrapping their custom built tax thing recently and going with a partner.

Where does Serko fall on that scale?

Serko appear to have some good connections - like being able to not only book a seat but book which seat and a meal.
The addition of the expense tracking will no doubt make life easier in the corporate world.
I don't see them being easy to replicate by startup businesses.

Xero have a great marketing plan, ie the way they got accountants signed up on commissions etc.
However, although their product was better than the traditional competition like MYOB I found it pretty clunky when I was using it. Although this was a few years ago, it still felt like a modular construction that all the parts didn't talk to each other as well as they could have.

I sold my high client business and now use Wave for what I do. It is a lot more use friendly and cheaper.
Other than accountants pushing Xero I don't really see how they have a product that can't be relatively easily replicated.
They have been successful at building a huge client base - even if they haven't turned that into a profit yet.

Interesting comparison all the same. And as a holder I am of course hoping for a similar SP two years from now!

whatsup
16-08-2018, 04:43 PM
Should be a very interesting meeting, make or break imo .

Ggcc
16-08-2018, 05:39 PM
Dividend...……………………….0
Could you work out Xero? Wait I will do it haha

Shares on Issue................140,374,379
Market Cap at $47.53........$6,676,907,337 Australian Dollars $7,350,607,287.30 New Zealand Dollars
eps On ANZ Securities.......-18.79
PE ratio on ANZ................-253.14
Dividend..........................0
Revenue..........................$406,000,000 (Near to what ATM hope to make in Profit Next year)
Net Income I believe was.. -$27,000,000
Perhaps people are finding future earnings are already priced in here?? Silly Question.

Balance
16-08-2018, 06:40 PM

Ramping?

Of course you are ramping - NOT!

Thanks for keeping us abreast of what's happening Silu.

percy
16-08-2018, 07:05 PM
Could you work out Xero? Wait I will do it haha

Shares on Issue................140,374,379
Market Cap at $47.53........$6,676,907,337 Australian Dollars $7,350,607,287.30 New Zealand Dollars
eps On ANZ Securities.......-18.79
PE ratio on ANZ................-253.14
Dividend..........................0
Revenue..........................$406,000,000 (Near to what ATM hope to make in Profit Next year)
Net Income I believe was.. -$27,000,000
Perhaps people are finding future earnings are already priced in here?? Silly Question.

We live and invest in interesting times.?
Love the negative -253.14 PE.

Balance
16-08-2018, 07:10 PM
We live and invest in interesting times.?
Love the negative -253.14 PE.

Have a look at Sky TV leading up to when it started delivering profits.

The company bled $$$$ year after year but the sp kept tracking higher and higher - strategy was very clearly articulated to investors and the market - that when inflection point on subscriber numbers is reached, the company would enjoy rivers of cash.

That's the story with these stocks.

percy
16-08-2018, 07:28 PM
Have a look at Sky TV leading up to when it started delivering profits.

The company bled $$$$ year after year but the sp kept tracking higher and higher - strategy was very clearly articulated to investors and the market - that when inflection point on subscriber numbers is reached, the company would enjoy rivers of cash.

That's the story with these stocks.

Thanks Balance.
I think I was one of Sky's first subscribers in Christchurch, which made it easy for me to see "the full picture".
Maybe because I do not use either Serko's or Xero's products I do not understand how to value either.
Never mind, I have done enough with what I do understand, to retire comfortably.
That -253.14 is actually over 253 years losses,so that infection point on subscribers, does not look to be just around the corner.
Makes Serko's positive 120 PE look very modest...…?
Just realised I have not asked the right question.Do you expect SKO's earnings to grow at over or under 100% this year and next.?

blobbles
16-08-2018, 09:23 PM
Serkos products are reasonably disruptive, but not overly so. They have chained together a few interesting products (combination travel is a good one - hotel/flight/cars etc in one go), then back it up with a simple expense management solution. More than anything their product makes it a whole lot easier to do travel and expense management. They are reasonably responsive to function requests and appear to have a pretty good engineering team behind the product.

How do I know? The organisation I work for has implemented both their travel software and expense management products. Reports from users are very good and it is cutting down on our costs and annoyance. They seem to produce "oh, is it that easy" products that require very little hands on massaging to get it right. Plus according to our finance people its a pretty good cost saver. They have integrated workflows too to make approvals easy.

Those are the sort of products you want to have, that require barely any manpower to manage and are easy for users. Fairly seamless from a user perspective is what you really want and Serko delivers that 80-90%. Based on this experience, which is often painful for a lot of organisations, I would recommend their products. In most organisations this stuff is a PITA, so to find something that "just works", is a god send and makes an entire organisation more productive (better for front end users, better for back office finance & IT, resulting in cost savings all around). Actually after seeing it in action it makes you think "why wasn't it always like this?".

Reproducible? Yes. And some huge corporates have probably created their own in-house Serko products, or at least bits of it. But not without some effort. Their products would be useful for any corporate that finds this stuff hard, which is a LOT of corporates. But its not sexy. Its not going to win middle management huge prizes as a result of massive cost savings. But still, the appeal is definitely there and cost savings post implementation will flow after a year or two of operation. As they sign more and more customers their recommendations engines and potential for further big data analysis will ramp up quickly giving them heaps of future potential growth options.

They are a fresh company with active developers (which you can actually talk to!) and what looks like solid architecture. We have had one bug with them, which was fixed within 3 days of finding it. That is sensational response time for a company (Microsoft bugs we have had can take > 6 months to resolve!).

I am generally a tech FA investor (who works on the leading edge in IT) and own Serko shares as a result of seeing their products in action. Having worked for a stack of corporates, I have seen how painful this stuff is, so seeing it done well is fantastic. The oppourtunities in front of them are huge, they only need to sign up a few big corporates and revenue will take off. But my feeling is it will be a slow burn. Their cost control is great, but I wouldn't mind seeing them go large on growth. I believe they have a US sales team which will be actively pumping the benefits over there, which transition to pretty much anywhere in the world.

I can imagine them being bought by a company like Microsoft or Intuit and their products being integrated into their finance systems (or creating a slight offshoot/extension). Or a takeover from another travel company. Going it alone is biggest bang for their buck, but it will probably take some time.

Beagle
16-08-2018, 09:37 PM
Serkos products are reasonably disruptive, but not overly so. They have chained together a few interesting products (combination travel is a good one - hotel/flight/cars etc in one go), then back it up with a simple expense management solution. More than anything their product makes it a whole lot easier to do travel and expense management. They are reasonably responsive to function requests and appear to have a pretty good engineering team behind the product.

How do I know? The organisation I work for has implemented both their travel software and expense management products. Reports from users are very good and it is cutting down on our costs and annoyance. They seem to produce "oh, is it that easy" products that require very little hands on massaging to get it right. Plus according to our finance people its a pretty good cost saver. They have integrated workflows too to make approvals easy.

Those are the sort of products you want to have, that require barely any manpower to manage and are easy for users. Fairly seamless from a user perspective is what you really want and Serko delivers that 80-90%. Based on this experience, which is often painful for a lot of organisations, I would recommend their products. In most organisations this stuff is a PITA, so to find something that "just works", is a god send and makes an entire organisation more productive (better for front end users, better for back office finance & IT, resulting in cost savings all around). Actually after seeing it in action it makes you think "why wasn't it always like this?".

Reproducible? Yes. And some huge corporates have probably created their own in-house Serko products, or at least bits of it. But not without some effort. Their products would be useful for any corporate that finds this stuff hard, which is a LOT of corporates. But its not sexy. Its not going to win middle management huge prizes as a result of massive cost savings. But still, the appeal is definitely there and cost savings post implementation will flow after a year or two of operation. As they sign more and more customers their recommendations engines and potential for further big data analysis will ramp up quickly giving them heaps of future potential growth options.

They are a fresh company with active developers (which you can actually talk to!) and what looks like solid architecture. We have had one bug with them, which was fixed within 3 days of finding it. That is sensational response time for a company (Microsoft bugs we have had can take > 6 months to resolve!).

I am generally a tech FA investor (who works on the leading edge in IT) and own Serko shares as a result of seeing their products in action. Having worked for a stack of corporates, I have seen how painful this stuff is, so seeing it done well is fantastic. The oppourtunities in front of them are huge, they only need to sign up a few big corporates and revenue will take off. But my feeling is it will be a slow burn. Their cost control is great, but I wouldn't mind seeing them go large on growth. I believe they have a US sales team which will be actively pumping the benefits over there, which transition to pretty much anywhere in the world.

I can imagine them being bought by a company like Microsoft or Intuit and their products being integrated into their finance systems (or creating a slight offshoot/extension). Or a takeover from another travel company. Going it alone is biggest bang for their buck, but it will probably take some time.

Great post, thanks for sharing.

Joshuatree
16-08-2018, 10:35 PM
Yes thanks all, ive never really looked or understood this stock. Will keep an eye on it. I take it anyone in has been in for a while and no-one would buy art this price.

janner
16-08-2018, 10:59 PM
Yes thanks all, ive never really looked or understood this stock. Will keep an eye on it. I take it anyone in has been in for a while and no-one would buy art this price.

7 trading days ago 8/8/18 the total for the day was 2,375 239

Shares not dollars.

winner69
17-08-2018, 08:52 AM
Somebody told me what Serko did was rather disruptive and probably had a good future. Stil don’t fully understand how they make money but squiggly line on chart looks good

But it was really Balance’s passion for Serko early on that got me in

Thanks mate

percy
17-08-2018, 09:17 AM
Somebody told me what Serko did was rather disruptive and probably had a good future. Stil don’t fully understand how they make money but squiggly line on chart looks good

Thanks mate

A lot of people I respect [RTM,KW,Balance and Janner] buying into SKO aroused my interest.
And yes SKO's chart was looking exciting.

silu
17-08-2018, 09:18 AM

Excellent post blobbles. Very informative and I appreciate your input - please keep on sharing your insights. fwiw my interest in Serko was awakened by talking to a friend's husband who travels a lot and loved the software. I like your comment "to find something that "just works", is a god send and makes an entire organisation more productive". I'm in a different industry but I it is not that easy to find software that just works. That was one reason why we didn't switch over to Xero. I found it not easy enough to use to work with it for several hours a day.

Have you had an opportunity to see Zeno at work? When I mentioned that Serko is disruptive it was with regards to this new AI Bot software. I've been told that this type of software is hard to replicate.

Balance
17-08-2018, 10:53 AM

Thanks mate

Pleasure, mate.

Wish we could get them right all the time but 4 out of 5 ain't too bad?

silu
17-08-2018, 12:08 PM
fwiw

Darrin Grafton
@darringrafton
3m3 minutes ago
More Darrin Grafton Retweeted Serko
When we built Zeno, we took time out to look at what the future technology play would be that would disrupt us. We set out a plan to build just that. To see it resonate in the USA/Canadian markets was a cool experience. It takes a team to be successful.

will definitely be at the AGM to hear for myself how Zeno was received and if contracts followed.

blobbles
17-08-2018, 12:11 PM
Excellent post blobbles. Very informative and I appreciate your input - please keep on sharing your insights. fwiw my interest in Serko was awakened by talking to a friend's husband who travels a lot and loved the software. I like your comment "to find something that "just works", is a god send and makes an entire organisation more productive". I'm in a different industry but I it is not that easy to find software that just works. That was one reason why we didn't switch over to Xero. I found it not easy enough to use to work with it for several hours a day.

Have you had an opportunity to see Zeno at work? When I mentioned that Serko is disruptive it was with regards to this new AI Bot software. I've been told that this type of software is hard to replicate.

We aren't using Zeno, not big enough. Bots aren't hard to make, have built one myself. But getting the data that drives the bot is the tricky part. Requires lots of soft AI/ machine learning/sentiment analysis stuff which is tricky. If they have got this right with Zeno, then it is a big barrier for new entrants.

silu
17-08-2018, 12:18 PM
We aren't using Zeno, not big enough. Bots aren't hard to make, have built one myself. But getting the data that drives the bot is the tricky part. Requires lots of soft AI/ machine learning/sentiment analysis stuff which is tricky. If they have got this right with Zeno, then it is a big barrier for new entrants.

thanks blobbles - yes I meant the data for the bot would be hard to replicate.

Joshuatree
17-08-2018, 01:22 PM

Ive been in APX Appen (ASX) for a while. Any comments appreciated if you're familiar about them. It has its own lonely thread.

whatsup
21-08-2018, 03:00 PM
AGM tomorrow could be an interesting meeting, updates with numbers could be on the agenda .

silu
22-08-2018, 10:24 AM
AGM at 2pm today but unfortunately I got sick so I have to do with the livestream here later http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jGdxWLD2DGS

whatsup
22-08-2018, 10:28 AM
AGM at 2pm today but unfortunately I got sick so I have to do with the livestream here later http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jGdxWLD2DGS

Silu, thank you for that , if one uses the link what does one see?

silu
22-08-2018, 10:35 AM
Silu, thank you for that , if one uses the link what does one see?

I don't know myself yet but from experience with Australian companies where you get all the presentations minus the sausage rolls.

whatsup
22-08-2018, 10:46 AM
I might go there and ask a few as this agm should be interesting of whats ahead,

sb9
22-08-2018, 10:52 AM
I might go there and ask a few as this agm should be interesting of whats ahead,

Pls do provide some snippets from ASM.

whatsup
22-08-2018, 11:06 AM
Pls do provide some snippets from ASM.

will do considering where the company is at in its journey

sb9
22-08-2018, 03:03 PM

Listening to the ASM thro' the above link. They sound very bullish and quite excited about the opportunity out there and growth ahead. Exciting times!!!

Everwood
22-08-2018, 03:25 PM
I was listening to the ASM on my phone, so I might have heard wrong. When Simon Botherway was giving his speech on why he should be re-elected, I thought I heard him say that he intends to use the 15 million or maybe part of the capital raising for acquisitions in the Northern Hemisphere?

whatsup
22-08-2018, 04:30 PM
I was listening to the ASM on my phone, so I might have heard wrong. When Simon Botherway was giving his speech on why he should be re-elected, I thought I heard him say that he intends to use the 15 million or maybe part of the capital raising for acquisitions in the Northern Hemisphere?

Yes that would be true but also for rolling out the presence in the U K , Europe and to some extent in the U S .

The link that Sb9 highlights is the way to go to hear the speeches, overall a very good meeting and if they hit their targets ( like all companies ) they will have a good future.

RGR367
24-08-2018, 04:33 PM
Any partnership would be good https://buyingbusinesstravel.com/news/1529204-uber-partners-serko

RGR367
31-08-2018, 01:44 PM
And for a smoother online booking experience re tie up of SKO with Flight Centre https://blueswandaily.com/flight-centre-and-serko-to-integrate-artificial-intelligence-for-a-smoother-online-booking-experience/?utm_content=76506682&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Everwood
07-09-2018, 10:23 AM
Here is a link to an interview with CEO Darrin Grafton that was posted yesterday https://youtu.be/JH2Lnf8agy4

Timesurfer
07-09-2018, 04:59 PM
Here is a link to an interview with CEO Darrin Grafton that was posted yesterday https://youtu.be/JH2Lnf8agy4

Won't be long and you will just have to mention travel in a phone conversation and Zeno will have your trip booked before you hang up.
Happy to be holding at this stage.

Chanchay
07-09-2018, 07:44 PM
I love hearing a strong kiwi accent in overseas interviews. Gud wurk nu zilland

blobbles
08-09-2018, 09:32 AM

Big out take from this was Dazza saying they a on track to grab 1% of the North American market by end of the year (4m+ bookings). Sounds like their ATPI partnership is paying off.

Weirdly I want the SP to keep its current downward trajectory so I can pick up some more :-)

percy
08-09-2018, 09:58 AM
I have SKO on a watch list, and am very surprised that the SP keeps going down on all the good news.

BlackPeter
08-09-2018, 10:06 AM
I have SKO on a watch list, and am very surprised that the SP keeps going down on all the good news.

I am sure they just want to wait for you and I to recover our cash reserves after dipping into the OCA sale ;);

PS: Just kidding, while watching them I am not sure at this stage whether the current SP fairly reflects a fair balance of risks and opportunities.

percy
08-09-2018, 10:26 AM
I am sure they just want to wait for you and I to recover our cash reserves after dipping into the OCA sale ;);

PS: Just kidding, while watching them I am not sure at this stage whether the current SP fairly reflects a fair balance of risks and opportunities.

"Never a truer word spoken in jest".
I am counting down to HBL's divie on the 21st.
My spare funds, held back to take up OCA sort of dissappeared, after I brought some MVN, and then got more OCA than I expected.
So SKO and VHT remain on watch lists.

whatsup
10-09-2018, 12:00 PM
IMHO Listing in Aussie has not been a good move for SKO as most of the recent selling has come from there .

moka
10-09-2018, 12:56 PM
Most companies who list in Australia “to increase liquidity” seem to suffer the same fate, including Xero when it first listed in Australia. It’s a bigger pond over there, and they are unknown. Success does not happen overnight.

silu
12-09-2018, 04:17 PM
Didn't like it being under the MA100 for too long. The sell side on the ASX was also almost wiped out today.

Also Serko is to present at the MCG together with Uber and others for Illuminate 2018 which is hosted by Flight Centre https://www.illuminate2018.com/
Darrin is giving a speech about the future of online booking

fwiw Serko tweeted today:
The team at @SerkoOnline been working hard to bring a 'wow' factor to #fctgilluminate2018 and you can look forward to something pretty groundbreaking to see during the session with @darringrafton

RupertBear
12-09-2018, 04:33 PM
Didn't like it being under the MA100 for too long. The sell side on the ASX was also almost wiped out today.

Also Serko is to present at the MCG together with Uber and others for Illuminate 2018 which is hosted by Flight Centre https://www.illuminate2018.com/
Darrin is giving a speech about the future of online booking

fwiw Serko tweeted today:
The team at @SerkoOnline been working hard to bring a 'wow' factor to #fctgilluminate2018 and you can look forward to something pretty groundbreaking to see during the session with @darringrafton

Thanks for posting. That brings a smile to my face today when almost everything else is a sea of red ;)

whatsup
12-09-2018, 04:37 PM
Will we close over $3.00 today first time in a month?

Timesurfer
12-09-2018, 04:38 PM
Good to have a smile on a red day

Everwood
12-09-2018, 04:57 PM
Last week Darrin spoke at ASX Small and Mid-Cap Conference. You will need to fast forward to 6hr 3mins to see his presentation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcy_qDAzPHs

moka
12-09-2018, 10:20 PM
Last week Darrin spoke at ASX Small and Mid-Cap Conference. You will need to fast forward to 6hr 3mins to see his presentation
Thanks for posting Everwood. Really good overview. I never quite understood Serko and now I have a clearer picture and I'm really impressed. They've come far and are very well positioned.

sb9
13-09-2018, 05:01 PM

Nice presentation by CEO.

blobbles
13-09-2018, 06:01 PM
A lot of buy orders in Aus now, looks like they have woken up over there.

44wishlists
13-09-2018, 06:19 PM
There is rumours here in Singapore that Serko is going to sign a deal with Grab soon

Snow Leopard
13-09-2018, 06:23 PM
There is rumours here in Singapore that Serko is going to sign a deal with Grab soon

For what?
Free taxi to and from the Airport?

44wishlists
13-09-2018, 06:25 PM
For what?
Free taxi to and from the Airport?

I guess similar to the Uber deal that Serko stroke earlier.

Snow Leopard
13-09-2018, 06:32 PM
I had forgotten about that :blush:

silu
13-09-2018, 06:47 PM
Savi, the Serko product, has been launched today by FCM Travel (corporate arm of Flight Centre). https://www.au.fcm.travel/technology/savi

During the presentation today Darrin said that 28% of Corporate travel bookings last year were made over a weekend.

RTM
13-09-2018, 06:55 PM

Thanks for the link. I didn't really appreciate the size of the market they are trying to address.
Appreciated.

whatsup
14-09-2018, 12:49 PM
Getting stronger by the day, when will it hit its ATH of $1.18 ?

silu
14-09-2018, 01:02 PM
Getting stronger by the day, when will it hit its ATH of $1.18 ?

With my limited charting ability it seems it's time for a breakout. $3.18 not far away.

Balance
14-09-2018, 01:51 PM
Serko is one great story imo - truly internationally competitive in a huge evergrowing market.

Pays not to watch the sp day to day or even week to week as Serko’s true potential will come in the next 3 to 5 years.

Meanwhile, more and more institutions are getting on board and from what we can observe, the directors are not selling it but have on enough occasions, put their money where their mouths are by putting in new monies into the company.

Love to draw the comparison with PEB where the directors are only interested n free options and selling their capital raising rights if the rights are in the money.