PDA

View Full Version : NTL - New Talisman Mine - New board & Directors

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

jonu
24-07-2017, 09:09 PM
Its tempting to sell everything else and go all in , but that would be irresponsible. So tempting though...... Anyone done that?
PEB went from 1c to 139 right ? On a hype . Correct me if I'm wrong

Call me irresponsible but.....:mad ;::confused::ohmy::mellow::cool::):t_up: In about that order of events

cammo
24-07-2017, 09:26 PM
can somebody calculate what the shares are worth in the real world after say 3 years production? So I know when to put on my parachute

jonu
24-07-2017, 09:44 PM
Sure, it depends on what the updated details are. I just don't think the details are going to warrant this stock suddenly having a end of year market capitalisation of greater than say HLG ($184m) for example - and I'm a bullish holder. While not impossible, I think that outcome this year is extremely unlikely.

To demonstrate - your 500m in profits. Using $1672.06 NZD per ounce, $568.00 USD prod cost (NTL annual report 2016), $1.37 USD to NZD - would need 560,000 oz gold to generate that profit. That's assuming both that the gold price doesn't diminish or production costs don't go up (both dicey). Either way wouldn't change the fact that we aren't producing yet.

I'm all on board NTL and looking forward to the future. Let's see what tomorrow brings and not count our chickens before they hatch yeah?

Also, I don't think comparing sports betting to investing is a good comparison.

EDIT: Although now I think about it, 560,000 oz would be a 'spectacular' upgrade....

For Cammo's benefit, above is Antipodean's reply to me about where the sp might end up after the JORC rerates. After the first one we have 388k oz plus silver.
I might take some stick for this, but confidence is the only thing between this and 10 cents. M/cap as of today 35 million, sitting on gold alone profits of approx 300 million with 3 JORC rerates imminent, plus Newcrest Rahu JV test results due soon.
Dunno about 3 years time but a few weeks isn't too long to wait is it?

Clints
25-07-2017, 09:16 AM
Hey guys, I just want to take the opportunity to thank the members of this board. I would not have stumbled across this opportunity in time if it hadn't been for this thread. I know it's still early days but I am pretty happy I got in when I did.

whatsup
25-07-2017, 11:35 AM
Oppies slowly getting taken out but .02 strike price for a Nov expiry makes the current heads price of .018 a very interesting delima

Chippie
25-07-2017, 12:13 PM
Its tempting to sell everything else and go all in , but that would be irresponsible. So tempting though...... Anyone done that?
PEB went from 1c to 139 right ? On a hype . Correct me if I'm wrong

Not all in, but have plenty in taking toping up last week at 1.1 cents after picking up a bunch on rights issue for .5 cents. All my numbers a year ago said something like this was possible and still plenty of upside from here. So just need more good news this week to really get the price going, especially with the interest in Aus from traders who have a bit of exerience with exploration companies.

jonu
25-07-2017, 01:42 PM
2 cents NZX... Thar she blows!

ddrone
25-07-2017, 01:53 PM
2 cents NZX... Thar she blows!

The depth is pretty subpar on the buy side, if there are any big profit takers we're in a bit of bind here.

jonu
25-07-2017, 01:55 PM
The depth is pretty subpar on the buy side, if there are any big profit takers we're in a bit of bind here.

Only if you are looking to sell at these levels. Not me, not on your nelly!

Crow
25-07-2017, 02:05 PM
Only if you are looking to sell at these levels. Not me, not on your nelly!

lol:D
......lets have that news already.

Clints
Jonu - you sound pretty sure these are going to keep rising.

Landyman
There's Klingons on the Starboard bow.........Scotty, get them off!

jonu
25-07-2017, 02:10 PM
Jonu - you sound pretty sure these are going to keep rising.

At the risk of repeating myself....look what's around the corner.

3 JORC rerates!!!!

Newcrest Rahu Results.

That is why I won't be going anywhere near the SELL button

Crow
25-07-2017, 02:16 PM
Mmmm and Newcrest is up 3.3% today.....really hope they announce the drill results soon. Talk about a long wait.

mistymountain
25-07-2017, 02:59 PM
http://www.sunlive.co.nz/news/159017-gold-fever-triples-talisman-value.html

Excellent article and well balanced research to counteract the protestors emotive logic. Needs to be sent to RNZ and The Guardian...

mistymountain
25-07-2017, 03:12 PM
At the risk of repeating myself....look what's around the corner.

3 JORC rerates!!!!

Newcrest Rahu Results.

That is why I won't be going anywhere near the SELL button

I'll second that.

Discl: HGD investor / bought at Rights Issue / 2016.

digger
25-07-2017, 03:20 PM
woodstock resource upgrade coming

Clints
25-07-2017, 03:53 PM
So - 3.7g/t to 6.3g/t with Bonanza and Talisman yet to be completed.

Jonu > Did you want to repeat yourself? :)

Hawkeye
25-07-2017, 03:54 PM
https://www.nzx.com/companies/NTL/announcements/304501

jonu
25-07-2017, 03:59 PM
So - 3.7g/t to 6.3g/t with Bonanza and Talisman yet to be completed.

Jonu > Did you want to repeat yourself? :)

Yes don't mind if I do.

Woodstock was always going to be the smallest rerate. Bonanza and Talisman are not even included in the current JORC. Anything found is extra ounces, not just a regrading of g/t.

Also talk of new exploration fields.

There is a lot to digest in the announcement. They have gone the whole 9 yards on the methodology and geology/mineralisation etc for the real miners and geologists to mull over.

Happy Days. Back to more digesting of the release.

Landyman
25-07-2017, 05:24 PM
Any idea how long a peer review could take?

"The entire Talisman Deeps project including all known data is expected to be finalised by 31 July. It is intended to have results peer reviewed before final release to the market"

jonu
26-07-2017, 08:33 AM
Nice summation in this article. Crown and Mystery veins to be rerated once Bonanza/Talisman are done. It just keeps getting bigger!

http://www.nzresources.com/showarticle.aspx?id=10347&guid=300010347

jonu
26-07-2017, 08:42 AM
Here's the full article. I think it's behind a login otherwise

26/7/2017 — Gold
New Talisman continues to lift resources
By Ross Louthean

At the close of trade on the Australian Securities Exchange yesterday New Talisman Gold Mines Ltd’s (NZX & ASX: NTL) share price continued its steady climb as the result of another positive increase in the resources picture at the Talisman project.

At close of trading on the ASX, New Talisman’s share price lifted to A1.8 cents and was NZ1.9˘ on the NZX.

The company said it had earlier highlighted it was completing assessments on the deeps models at the Talisman mine at Karangahake, covering three models taking in the Dubbo, Woodstock and Talisman/Bonanza zones.

Once all these modules are completed the company will upgrade the Mystery and Crown vein estimates.

Yesterday, New Talisman chairman Charbel Nader said: “As the results are exceeding original expectations the company may potentially review the manner and or timing of the exploitation of these resources.

“Once all the modules are complete we will review the options available with a view to maximising shareholder value and delivering benefits to all our stakeholders and the broader community.”

The latest announcement relates to the second module for Woodstock of the Talisman Deeps resource upgrade, with the remaining Bonanza Module on target for completion “in the coming days.”

The Woodstock Zone is the smallest resource with sparse sampling coverage in the deeper areas of the mine. The zone is within metres of the portal opening and has multiple open faces in the mine and through a second portal. Access to this part of the orebody is “relatively easy” with more work on this target to be carried out in coming weeks.

The updated resource for Woodstock takes in a total resource of 203,102 tonnes grading 6.3 grams/tonne gold for 41,170 oz. The company used a cut-off grade of 2.5 g/t Au. NTL said application of this cut-off grade has seen the average grade of Woodstock Zone increase from 3.7 g/t to 6.3 g/t.

NTL said the resource upgrade at Woodstock and the any further resource increases at Talisman Deeps will be included in an updated pre-feasibility study and ore reserve statement in due course. Where possible, areas identified will be prospected and tested for inclusion into the body of works during Bulk sampling.

The company said a further area of 206,000 square metres on the plane of the orebody has been identified as an exploration target.

“Information available indicates that this area is likely to yield a vein width of between 1.6m to and 2.4m (827,296t to 1,240,944t) with gold equivalent grades ranging between 2.7 g/t and 5.35 g/t.” The potential quantity and grade is conceptual

With modelling of the first two zones now complete, NTL is focused on completion of the Talisman/Bonanza estimate where the historic databases acquired in 2015 have shown potential to increase the current resources to JORC 2012 compliance, which would further enhance the overall mineral resource estimate.

Replacing the JORC 2004 Dubbo resource and Woodstock estimates with the new estimate for both zones, and converting the remaining JORC 2004 resources from Crown and Mystery to gold equivalents, gives total measured, indicated, and inferred resources of 396,000 oz gold equivalent. This is prior to results from resource modelling underway on Talisman/Bonanza.

Quick reply

NTL (ASX)
Price at posting: 1.8˘
Sentiment: Buy
Disclosure: Held

Topagent
26-07-2017, 08:51 AM
Thanks Jonu, so much positive news I'm glad i took the plunge and now have 40% of my portfolio in this. Surely this will blow past 2c with the next announcements before the 31st of July. GLTAH

Blue Horseshoe
26-07-2017, 09:35 AM
Amer will be kicking themselves.

What are the chances of a Newcrest take-over ?.

gmatt
26-07-2017, 09:49 AM
Amer will be kicking themselves.

What are the chances of a Newcrest take-over ?.

Maybe that option is included in the latest announcement .......

"Once all the modules are complete we will review the options available with a view to maximising shareholder value and delivering benefits to all our stakeholders and the broader community."

Landyman
26-07-2017, 10:02 AM
Topagent, I think it said it will be ready by 31 July, but will require peer review before being announced to the market place.

Either way, it should be a fun ride up!! :-)

Crow
26-07-2017, 10:07 AM
3.959 million traded already....
Still wondering if a peer review will also have us see a Trading Halt....also Quarterlys are due, so all very interesting still, and i wish Newcrest would hurry up with their Rahu results.

jonu
26-07-2017, 10:19 AM
3.959 million traded already....
Still wondering if a peer review will also have us see a Trading Halt....also Quarterlys are due, so all very interesting still, and i wish Newcrest would hurry up with their Rahu results.

Also in the mix is the update to the pre-feasibility study which should spell out in plain language the profit on the ounces in the JORC. I must admit that the cost of extraction gets hard to work out as the grades get higher. It must be cheaper per ounce, but I'm not sure how to factor it in.

Crow
26-07-2017, 10:23 AM
Anyone have a general idea about the NBR article or are they just saying what we know already?
https://www.nbr.co.nz/

Crow
26-07-2017, 10:24 AM
Also in the mix is the update to the pre-feasibility study which should spell out in plain language the profit on the ounces in the JORC. I must admit that the cost of extraction gets hard to work out as the grades get higher. It must be cheaper per ounce, but I'm not sure how to factor it in.

True.
I'm sure most of us have never wished a Month to come to an end so much lol:p

bucko
26-07-2017, 10:38 AM
Anyone have a general idea about the NBR article or are they just saying what we know already?
https://www.nbr.co.nz/

Yeh its a general summary article of the last month really, talks a bit more about Amer and how the market cap was $5m when originally discussed and now $40m etc etc

Sounds like there could be another capital raising in the future? I would have thought the profit from the bulk sampling would be enough to fund indefinitely now?

“We’re well funded for the operations we’ve set out to commence. But having said that, the developments that are going on underneath us will determine further exploration capital intent activity as we progress,” Mr Hill says.

Crow
26-07-2017, 10:44 AM
Yeh its a general summary article of the last month really, talks a bit more about Amer and how the market cap was $5m when originally discussed and now $40m etc etc

Sounds like there could be another capital raising in the future? I would have thought the profit from the bulk sampling would be enough to fund indefinitely now?

“We’re well funded for the operations we’ve set out to commence. But having said that, the developments that are going on underneath us will determine further exploration capital intent activity as we progress,” Mr Hill says.

Thanks.

From what i last remember reading they said " NTL Fully funded to 2020 under current prospecting and bulk sampling..."

digger
26-07-2017, 10:58 AM
We seem to be forgetting about options conversion here when we talk about cap raising. My guess is that by 28/nov/17 the ops will be well in the money so the company will receive 2 cents for each of these with no costs.
yes enjoying the ride

Crow
26-07-2017, 11:01 AM
We seem to be forgetting about options conversion here when we talk about cap raising. My guess is that by 28/nov/17 the ops will be well in the money so the company will receive 2 cents for each of these with no costs.
yes enjoying the ride

That is correct.:t_up:

silverblizzard888
26-07-2017, 11:01 AM
yes enjoying the ride

Yup extra $2.4 million to bank at a good price.

Clints
26-07-2017, 03:03 PM
This seems pretty quiet today after yesterdays release.

Placemakers
26-07-2017, 04:30 PM
not very quiet by looking at the volume 12m traded today, 0.019 is a huge resistant... hard to break out until further good news

Topagent
26-07-2017, 04:34 PM
I also would have thought that yesterday's news release might have been reflected a little bit more in today's trading. But I agree volume is high and many taking the opportunity to profit grab. Gltah disc. Hold / buying / over 40% of portfolio

digger
26-07-2017, 07:30 PM
High volume generally is taken as a show that buyers and sellers are agreeing on the price,and also that events for now have run their coarse. I believe it is best for NTL to slow a bit and consolidate. We have had a great run so now it would be best to tread water and let events catch up with company happenings.
Remember so far this is all just potential and will remain so until the bulk sampling confirms the results one way or other.

Clints
26-07-2017, 07:34 PM
Digger - what are your thoughts around the next two JORC rerates due out in the next 3 business days?

digger
26-07-2017, 08:36 PM
Digger - what are your thoughts around the next two JORC rerates due out in the next 3 business days?

Have no idea,but I am waiting hopefully.
This company will really fly when Newcrest or some other company takes an interest. The main thing in favor of holding this company is that apart from Mr Brown who holds about 250 million,there are no major holders. This means that when outside companies take an interest the SP could fly.
But in the mean time we need the bulk sampling underway.

Clints
27-07-2017, 10:07 AM
Oh well - another day, another $

Crow
27-07-2017, 10:46 AM
Oh well - another day, another $
Just a case of nothing to see here or do till the next lot of news comes....for me anyway.

jonu
27-07-2017, 11:32 AM
Oz looking to open very strong this morning at 1.7 going by the early match volumes. Yesterday's drop was on very small volume late in the day on both exchanges. Let the fly by nighters run!

jonu
28-07-2017, 09:43 AM
Quarterly came out on the 28th last year. Guess it has to be today or Monday. Maybe eveything will come out together

Crow
28-07-2017, 09:49 AM
Quarterly came out on the 28th last year. Guess it has to be today or Monday. Maybe eveything will come out together

Suspect it'll all be together.

Clints
28-07-2017, 09:53 AM
Let's hope for something "spectacular"

Chippie
28-07-2017, 12:56 PM
The calm before the storm.
The Talisman and Bonanza Shoots are right in between Woodstock and Dubbo shoots. So hard to imagine we are not in for more good news, "It is important to note that the Talisman and Bonanza Zones have not been included in
previous resource estimates "

swissboy
28-07-2017, 02:56 PM
Interesting Aussie open for less than 3 hours. Buying at nearly 1 mil per hour. Somebody knows something

Bluemanarc
28-07-2017, 04:23 PM
Interesting Aussie open for less than 3 hours. Buying at nearly 1 mil per hour. Somebody knows something

Well I know nothing and I bought 500,000 today, well I read this thread and it looked like fun so I bought some.

Bad start signing up on the website though, the trick question was "If NZ has the NZD what does the Ausie have" .

I said "Convicts" but apparently that was the wrong answer.

Looks like after many years of issues and problems and non starts, this game is about to begin.
So I thought I would give it a punt.

We were down that way a month ago tramping and read a lot about the old gold mines.
I have heard stories about trampers still getting into those hills and panning away to make a few hundred dollars here and their.

My 11 year old had a dig around, nothing, so after reading the NBR Article, did a bit of digging, forgive the pun.

Topagent
28-07-2017, 04:35 PM
Welcome to the party!

mistymountain
28-07-2017, 08:32 PM
Well I know nothing and I bought 500,000 today, well I read this thread and it looked like fun so I bought some.

Bad start signing up on the website though, the trick question was "If NZ has the NZD what does the Ausie have" .

I said "Convicts" but apparently that was the wrong answer.

Looks like after many years of issues and problems and non starts, this game is about to begin.
So I thought I would give it a punt.

We were down that way a month ago tramping and read a lot about the old gold mines.
I have heard stories about trampers still getting into those hills and panning away to make a few hundred dollars here and their.

My 11 year old had a dig around, nothing, so after reading the NBR Article, did a bit of digging, forgive the pun.

There is gold in those Hills.

Yoda
28-07-2017, 10:04 PM
I bought some today for my adult kids christmas present . I asked if they wanted rubbish for christmas as usual, or shares in the mine, all of them said shares. I will give them a certificate from the Bank of Dad on christmas day saying they own 10,000 each .i did warn them it could go belly up , but come what may, thats there prezzie :p

I see 8 out of the top 10 in the 2017 stock competition have NTL in their list .

bullish
30-07-2017, 03:54 PM
There is gold in those Hills.

And from the board there appears to be Hills in them their golds... :D...they get the job done thats for sure. Look at PAK, COB and BPL. The CEO took up a lot of rights in the issue early last year. Hes the top 4th largest shareholder and Geoff Hill was chairman for years.

bullish
30-07-2017, 04:10 PM
totally disagree digger.

HE used to be on here but this robbo guy said the following on the other site

"Here's why I think Bonanza and Talisman will be freaking massive.

I took the diagrams from the two recent JORC announcements and overlaid them onto the Talisman mine map. Notice how the JORC resources are within the un-mined areas of the original map.

That big red chunky goodness seems a bit thin to disappear after Dubbo doesn't it https://hotcopper.com.au/styles/default/xenforo/clear.png

I wonder why they mined all the way down to Level 16. My understanding of hydrothermal gold deposits is that they start deep and move upwards..... Getting VERY EXCITED.

https://i.imgur.com/U5oqodS.jpg

bullish
30-07-2017, 04:55 PM
Hey Jonu,

Are you satisfied with NTL response and amount of detail in relation to the delayed TMP?

As announced in the previous quarterly report the company and council are working together on finalising a traffic management plan (TMP) that meets the needs of council and NTL. Whilst Company mine traffic on the road will be minimal, with reference to safety guidelines we have sought specialist input from our engineers and the council engineers

where are you little chicken......seem very quiet......all i know is media reports vehicles and trucks on the road???? Very glad you dont hold stock Bk47/chicky as Jonu must be a rich man about now.......the problem with downers is they are so bitter and twisted they end up growing a chip on their shoulder the size of obelisk as they throw pebbles from the sidelines. Just because the admins here decided to let you get away with your misleading and deceptive statements under section 206 of the FMA thankfully Hotcopper didn't...nor ASIC. SO busy playing games you missed it all!!!!!!!
hahahahhahaa

digger
30-07-2017, 05:46 PM
Bullish I am sure your onto it but I will in the mean time contain my excitement.Your logic is sound but still lets wait the results and then even more paitance to see if the bulk sampling says the same thing.

bullish
30-07-2017, 06:04 PM
fair enough counting chickens isn't as fun as watching a gold mine hatch over the next couple of years as that means a real producer is delivered from what was once a speculative explorer......

digger
30-07-2017, 09:08 PM
fair enough counting chickens isn't as fun as watching a gold mine hatch over the next couple of years as that means a real producer is delivered from what was once a speculative explorer......
Agree Cheers

Clints
31-07-2017, 11:17 AM
There goes the 2c resistance. Should be announcements today (fingers crossed)

Landyman
31-07-2017, 11:26 AM
I thought announcement said, "due 31 July, but required peer review before it would be announced".

Hopefully peer review is a tick the box exercise, and not a full audit of the work.
Or maybe just 2 old mates popping the cork on the champers to celebrate - conflicts of interest may mean one if champers, the other a nice whisky :-)

Clints
31-07-2017, 06:29 PM
Well.... does anyone care to comment?

cammo
31-07-2017, 06:53 PM
Just wait. Patience. Many of us has been very patient up till now. Patience is a virtue... Waiting doesn't hurt you. Let your mind rest and the gold will come.

Chippie
31-07-2017, 06:57 PM
This quaterly is loaded with new positive information. A shame we have to wait 10 more days for Bonanza, but the fact it needs more time is hopefully good news

My initial take aways are
1. The resource upgrade at Woodstock and Dubbo Deeps, and the Bonanza module to be released in the next 10 days

2. "we are very excited by the potential for further resource enhancements in the coming days, particularly given the ability under our resource consent to extract up to 100,000 Tonnes of ore per annum. "

3. Dubbo Deeps:
I guestimate could be up to another 122k ounces based on following "A further area of 27,000m2 on the plane of the ore body has been identified as a Exploration Target. Information available indicates that this area is likely to yield a vein width of between 1.6m to and 2.2m (109,000 to 150,000 tonnes) with AuEq grades ranging between 14.0g/t and 23.0 g/t. This target constitutes a global Exploration Target as defined in the 2012 JORC Code"
4. Woodstock Deeps: I guestimate could be up to another 200K ounces based on following "A further area of 206,000m2 on the plane of the orebody has been identified as a Exploration Target. Information available indicates that this area is likely to yield a vein width of between 1.6m to and 2.4m (827,000 to 1,240,000 tonnes) with AuEq grades ranging between 2.70g/t and 5.35g/t. This target constitutes a global Exploration Target as defined in the 2012 JORC Code "

5. Even more upside, note that Crown is 100m to the east:
"It is important to note that the Talisman and Bonanza Zones have not been included in previous resource estimates. However, evaluation of the historic channel sampling and considering recorded production and stope volumes there are a number of areas where there are unmined blocks of potentially economic grades remaining. NTL’s engineering team is currently evaluating the ability to access these areas during prospecting and bulk sampling. The final stage will be a more detailed analysis into the remaining area CROWN which will take approximately 60-90 days. "

Topagent
31-07-2017, 07:00 PM
Personally would have loved a resource upgrade today but ten days is not long and I'm not selling anytime soon anyway. The update as above was extremely positive and I think we saw market react positively on the asx with a good finish to the sp over there.

jonu
01-08-2017, 09:11 AM
Personally would have loved a resource upgrade today but ten days is not long and I'm not selling anytime soon anyway. The update as above was extremely positive and I think we saw market react positively on the asx with a good finish to the sp over there.

Agreed. Frustrated by the delay but it is a quibble alongside the progress and promise of the next few weeks. Resource upgrades with even more veins to be added to the much awaited Bonanza/Talisman plus a revamped prefeasibility report which should demonstrate the profits we are sitting on. Aust closing up .2 at 1.9 was especially encouraging. They are cottoning on at last. The Aust. exploration sector have plenty to choose from, but the grades and JORC rerates are standing out from the crowd.

jonu
03-08-2017, 06:26 PM
I'm picking the closer we get to the big announcement the less likely any large volume going through sub 1.8 NZD. If anyone wants in now with reasonable volume I think it will firm the price back to 1.9, maybe even 2, where there has been resistance.

I reckon Monday looks a good fit for the announcement. Day 7 of the possible 10. Hang onto your hats folks!

Bluemanarc
05-08-2017, 11:31 AM
I'm picking the closer we get to the big announcement the less likely any large volume going through sub 1.8 NZD. If anyone wants in now with reasonable volume I think it will firm the price back to 1.9, maybe even 2, where there has been resistance.

I reckon Monday looks a good fit for the announcement. Day 7 of the possible 10. Hang onto your hats folks!

If they find enough gold to do a bit of mining, what value could the shares be worth.
If they find a lot of gold and its a bonanza, where could it go, are we talking 50c, or in the dollars, one two or three dollars ?

Definitely worth getting as much shares as you can at 2C as that is the price for all those years when they had all those problems.
Now with the green light and funds to go ahead, and samples are coming out, they are definitely going to be bringing in the dentists to put a few gold fillings in, and the results of those first samples are a one way bet.

cammo
05-08-2017, 02:57 PM
The first issue is how fast they can get it out. I reckon year 1 mining they get out 30ktpa, the second 42, the third 51, requiring 6-8 years to get 100ktpa out of there. by year two or three they will be well cash +ve. So share price should be minimum of 12-15 cents at that stage.

jonu
05-08-2017, 09:10 PM
The first issue is how fast they can get it out. I reckon year 1 mining they get out 30ktpa, the second 42, the third 51, requiring 6-8 years to get 100ktpa out of there. by year two or three they will be well cash +ve. So share price should be minimum of 12-15 cents at that stage.

They can take 100k tonnes per year according to market release under bulk sampling Cammo. Happily you are some way short of the mark! They have said they are fully funded to 2020 with a less than 6 million presently in the bank.I figure they are cashflow positive once bulk sampling starts (by end of year). Does that make them 12-15 cents by end of year? Not beyond the realms of possibility if the awaited announcement for Bonanza and Talisman significantly adds to JORC.

cammo
05-08-2017, 09:44 PM
I realise they can take 100ktpa. But can they actually achieve 100ktpa out of that mine in the first year??? I figure that's 400 tonnes a day or 142cubm per day that they have to fracture, load onto trolleys/ build conveyors, get it out and pound up to achieve ore. That's not factoring in protesters, equipment issues or anything else. Does anyone have any more detail?

jonu
07-08-2017, 10:17 AM
I realise they can take 100ktpa. But can they actually achieve 100ktpa out of that mine in the first year??? I figure that's 400 tonnes a day or 142cubm per day that they have to fracture, load onto trolleys/ build conveyors, get it out and pound up to achieve ore. That's not factoring in protesters, equipment issues or anything else. Does anyone have any more detail?

I reckon your questions are best put to the company Cammo, however their releases to the market suggest they can.

SP firming nicely at 1.9 this morning. Anyone wanting in presently will have to pay 2 cents. Might look cheap in a few days ;)

see weed
07-08-2017, 11:02 AM
I reckon your questions are best put to the company Cammo, however their releases to the market suggest they can.

SP firming nicely at 1.9 this morning. Anyone wanting in presently will have to pay 2 cents. Might look cheap in a few days ;)
ASB is a bit slow today. Put an order in at .020c waited 5 minutes nothing happen. So amended order to 0.019c, waited 20 minutes, nothing, 5 minutes later it went through at 0.02c :confused:.

jonu
07-08-2017, 11:09 AM
ASB is a bit slow today. Put an order in at .020c waited 5 minutes nothing happen. So amended order to 0.019c, waited 20 minutes, nothing, 5 minutes later it went through at 0.02c :confused:.

Sounds like pretty ordinary service See weed. I deal with Direct Broking (ANZ). They are a little slow at times as well but not as bad as you describe.
However I doubt you would have got in today at 1.9 anyway, unless you are talking about the opening matchup. I reckon your buy at 2 will look pretty good down the track a wee way.

jonu
07-08-2017, 12:04 PM

First part came true!
Now for the second bit!

gmatt
07-08-2017, 12:13 PM
First part came true!
Now for the second bit!

Yeah ...... my pick is Wednesday ........ with maybe a trading halt Tuesday afternoon ..... not many for sale now (why would you!!) so I think we could see 2.3-2.4 this time tomorrow ..... with more to come after the announcement.

carrom74
07-08-2017, 12:14 PM
I suppose after a long time... there are more buyers than sellers.....:)

gmatt
07-08-2017, 12:16 PM
I suppose after a long time... there are more buyers than sellers.....:)

I've been a holder for a few years ..... topping up along the way ....... and certainly wouldn't contemplate selling now.

ASX now 2c!!

steveb
07-08-2017, 01:05 PM
Hmm .021 does someone know something?

jonu
07-08-2017, 01:10 PM

Know something?

Been telling ya for weeks Steveb!

silverblizzard888
07-08-2017, 01:33 PM

Its been write on the wall for a while now. Some of the highest grades in the world, 2 more upgrades coming this week or next and being fully funded to 2020. Market is pretty excited and doesn't want to miss out.

steveb
07-08-2017, 01:41 PM
options are starting to look good as well

Bluemanarc
07-08-2017, 02:16 PM
Very thin on sellers all the way to 3 cents, huge amount of buyers at 2 cents, wont take much of a change in perception in both groups to hit 3 if you ask me.

Had a good result on a property trade and was going to throw an easy 50k at this on Friday but played golf instead, could come back to bite me.

May buy up the thin amount of sellers at 2.1 though to push it along into 2.2 - nothing wrong with pushing it up here and there when you need to on thin volumes.

bucko
07-08-2017, 02:25 PM
Very thin on sellers all the way to 3 cents, huge amount of buyers at 2 cents, wont take much of a change in perception in both groups to hit 3 if you ask me.

Had a good result on a property trade and was going to throw an easy 50k at this on Friday but played golf instead, could come back to bite me.

May buy up the thin amount of sellers at 2.1 though to push it along into 2.2 - nothing wrong with pushing it up here and there when you need to on thin volumes.

Feel like pushing it up to 10? go on haha :t_up::p

Bluemanarc
07-08-2017, 02:37 PM
Wow the board is changing fast, a heck of a lot of buyers now at 21 and 20 compared to a few hours ago, hardly any sellers at 22.
Been checking out the depth the last week or so and first time I have seen it change so fast over so short a time.
Interesting, maybe something is going to happen in the next day or two.

I think you could make a lot of money actually just watching markets closely like this.
I bet their is always insider trader going on in the back ground of these things, nudge nudge wink wink, and the ground shifts beneath our very feet.
Picking up on that just before it happens is a skill I bet all those share traders work on.

I think I should have gone into shares instead of property.

Clints
07-08-2017, 02:54 PM
Wow .022 - this has been an exciting day. I see AUS went to .02 and has dropped back to .019

Crow
07-08-2017, 03:05 PM
Wow .022 - this has been an exciting day. I see AUS went to .02 and has dropped back to .019
Look again

Clints
07-08-2017, 03:12 PM
I must be on delayed price, nothing changed

Crow
07-08-2017, 03:16 PM
I must be on delayed price, nothing changed
Sorry was referring to the AUS:D

Clints
07-08-2017, 03:17 PM
Aaaah - what are you using to view prices?

Bluemanarc
07-08-2017, 03:19 PM
Lol... the sellers at 22 and 23 are running now, not many left, the resistance has dropped back to 25, all in a matter of hours.

Crow
07-08-2017, 03:25 PM
Aaaah - what are you using to view prices?
ASB Securities

Clints
07-08-2017, 03:28 PM
Aus now at 2.1

Antipodean
07-08-2017, 03:50 PM
0.022 wall on the nzx is gone. Sell price is now 0.023.

carrom74
07-08-2017, 04:03 PM
0.022 wall on the nzx is gone. Sell price is now 0.023.

You are right...ANZ is about 10 min slow.....Bring it on.:)

Clints
07-08-2017, 04:04 PM
I am using findata with NZX, must be quite delayed as I still see 22

Blue Horseshoe
07-08-2017, 04:08 PM
I'm using a crystal ball and I'm seeing 10 cents.

Clints
07-08-2017, 04:21 PM
Well I am guessing no one will see a rerate today

Bluemanarc
07-08-2017, 04:32 PM
Wow the back log of sellers at .25C have either gone or moved back further to .27 or .29

Very fast moving today

whatsup
07-08-2017, 05:09 PM
Big order right on close, does this mean a ann is coming tomorrow ?

Landyman
07-08-2017, 06:03 PM
NZX top mover for the day.....

NTL Talisman $0.023 lastrade; 11M traded;21.1% movement.

Happy days.

Ace
07-08-2017, 07:45 PM
Pretty glad I got in earlier this morning normally issues like this don't make it into my portfolio although I've allocated a decent size parcel to it on a purely speculative basis. There are a lot of potential merits to this issue and from my research I do believe there is a high probability of it coming to fruition - with sizable gains of course. Although that being said, there are still a lot of unknowns and obstacles in the way which require too much fortune telling from my end; maybe one day I might be lucky to find the powers of Odin from the "depths" of the NTL mine...

see weed
07-08-2017, 08:12 PM
I'm using a crystal ball and I'm seeing 10 cents.
I'm looking into my foggy ball and would be happy at 3c. Up $3,200 on first day of holding, and pretty happy with that:). Might buy some more tomorrow.

patrick
07-08-2017, 10:38 PM
I'm looking into my foggy ball and would be happy at 3c. Up $3,200 on first day of holding, and pretty happy with that:). Might buy some more tomorrow.

Rest well.

Faker
07-08-2017, 10:45 PM
Would 2.3c be a safe entry point hmm. I'm looking to hold some tomorrow expecting positive announcement but not sure whether it's a safe entry...

Bluemanarc
08-08-2017, 08:31 AM
No one selling at 2.3c at the moment, only can see sellers at 2.4c

There were sellers at 2.3c but they came and went yesterday.

LOl... their is a new bunch of sells at 4 and 5c now, never saw that before.

cammo
08-08-2017, 09:59 AM
The person at 7.8 is actually the smart one. That's pretty close to where I reckon it should go.

Clints
08-08-2017, 10:01 AM
Cammo - whats your timeframe on that price?

cammo
08-08-2017, 10:07 AM
Directly related to announcements but a couple of nice upgrades to quantity of ore putting ntl in top 5 Mines and a couple more " getting going " announcements should have us hit there. It may relax back to 4-5 straight after though. Drop out and catch the rebound?

Landyman
08-08-2017, 10:14 AM
Directly related to announcements but a couple of nice upgrades to quantity of ore putting ntl in top 5 Mines and a couple more " getting going " announcements should have us hit there. It may relax back to 4-5 straight after though. Drop out and catch the rebound?

Hi Cammo, care to share you math?
Resource x Au price less cost to extract divide by shares?
7.8c would have MCAP at $156M - there or thereabouts I think

jonu
08-08-2017, 10:14 AM
For Cammo's benefit, above is Antipodean's reply to me about where the sp might end up after the JORC rerates. After the first one we have 388k oz plus silver.
I might take some stick for this, but confidence is the only thing between this and 10 cents. M/cap as of today 35 million, sitting on gold alone profits of approx 300 million with 3 JORC rerates imminent, plus Newcrest Rahu JV test results due soon.
Dunno about 3 years time but a few weeks isn't too long to wait is it?

I posted this on 24th July. I still stand by it. Might have a few more agree with me now!

Bluemanarc
08-08-2017, 10:27 AM
Man I should have put that extra 50k in on Friday at 2.2c as its now rocketing away past 2.5

That game of golf on Friday has cost me 6.8k plus $45 and 2 pints at $8 plus 6 new balls (good deal, only 50c each, lost 3 in the mud)

So.....

$6,848 opp cost so far

If it hadn't been so muddy I might have made it back earlier to buy them, but too much time spent trying to find my balls in the mud

Crow
08-08-2017, 10:28 AM
I posted this on 24th July. I still stand by it. Might have a few more agree with me now!

It's in all our interests for you to be right, so not saying anything.:t_up:

Bluemanarc
08-08-2017, 10:33 AM

If the opp costs get higher than the 20k that I was considering spending on a boat, then I actually going to be slightly miffed

Topagent
08-08-2017, 10:37 AM
News is so close FOMO is at large. I hope the upgrades blow us away. Profit taking might start soon but would you risk that before the announcements?

Clints
08-08-2017, 10:37 AM
Hey Bluemanarc - do you have holding in this already?

jonu
08-08-2017, 10:39 AM
News is so close FOMO is at large. I hope the upgrades blow us away. Profit taking might start soon but would you risk that before the announcements?

NO. And probably not for some time after. There is a whole series of good news items heading our way according to the last Quarterly.

steveb
08-08-2017, 10:40 AM

If the opp costs get higher than the 20k that I was considering spending on a boat, then I actually going to be slightly miffed

Perhaps a smart phone is the way to go or your broker on speed dial!

Yoda
08-08-2017, 10:46 AM
I reckon it will pull back to .025 by days end
I was going to get some more, but going to wait it out . Just being greedy anyway.

Bluemanarc
08-08-2017, 10:47 AM
Yeah I bought a stack at 1.8c but should have gone with my gut instinct and put in that 50k on Friday.

Have phone, don't have broker, just use ASB Sharetrader, man its at 2.8c now

That mud has now cost me 3 lost balls $1.50 and $13,600

Didn't think the round would take so long, just too much mud, reminds me, need to clean my boots before Friday.

cyclist
08-08-2017, 10:50 AM
Yeah I bought a stack at 1.8c but should have gone with my gut instinct and put in that 50k on Friday.

Have phone, don't have broker, just use ASB Sharetrader, man its at 2.8c now

That mud has now cost me 3 lost balls $1.50 and $13,600

Didn't think the round would take so long, just too much mud, reminds me, need to clean my boots before Friday.

Heh heh. Shoulda coulda woulda. I "nearly" doubled my modest holding just before all the announcements, but didn't have the courage. I'm not prepared to do the maths. Enjoy the gains you are already getting, and don't fret the ones in the bush.

Clints
08-08-2017, 10:58 AM
Might need the announcement to break the 3c resistance.

Topagent
08-08-2017, 11:04 AM
the seller at 3c has dissapeared. :)

Landyman
08-08-2017, 11:36 AM
the seller at 3c has dissapeared. :)

I pulled my sell at 2.9c - going to hold on for the ride - 10years, and big losses, will hopefully all change this week.

Kay
08-08-2017, 11:47 AM
At 2.8 is it possible the "upgrade" is priced in already?

ddrone
08-08-2017, 11:49 AM
At 2.8 is it possible the "upgrade" is priced in already?

Anythings possible but per the earlier posts NTL is still looking quite undervalued and won't realise a true valuation until we know how much they can actually pull out.

Kay
08-08-2017, 11:54 AM
Anythings possible but per the earlier posts NTL is still looking quite undervalued and won't realise a true valuation until we know how much they can actually pull out.

My finger was getting twitchy over the sell button this morning. I figure it's one of the few good places to be in a future crash so worth staying put regardless of current profit....Although I might change my mind at 10c!

Antipodean
08-08-2017, 12:39 PM
Accumulating since 2015 - I have taken some profit today.

Joshuatree
08-08-2017, 12:39 PM
Gold doesn't necessarily go up in a correction/crash. Not following NTL closely but so many things can go wrong with spekky explorer/developers. Think about free carrying your holdings , reducing your risk, plus the manipulators and day traders are all over this now. Rule no 1 and 2 Don't lose money. Learnt from a bad experience with PGI gold. Just my opinion.

Leftfield
08-08-2017, 12:52 PM
Gold doesn't necessarily go up in a correction/crash. Not following NTL closely but so many things can go wrong with spekky explorer/developers. Think about free carrying your holdings , reducing your risk, plus the manipulators and day traders are all over this now. Rule no 1 and 2 Don't lose money. Learnt from a bad experience with PGI gold. Just my opinion.

Sound advice.....

jonu
08-08-2017, 01:02 PM

In the normal course of events sound enough advice JT...but tempered with.. "Not following NTL closely..."
NTL is in a somewhat unique position with the historic data they have and an existing hole in the ground. High grades and increases to the JORC imminent.
You sure you're not trying to fill an order? :p

If you had been following NTL closely you would be up about 80% in a week!

DISCL. first holdings in HGD circa 2008. Serious accumulator since 2013.

Joshuatree
08-08-2017, 01:06 PM
Yes have seen the chart go vertical! Congrats all. Sounds like you are free carried but what about the ones that aren't and it looks like a lot of first timers in this high risk spekky corner?

jonu
08-08-2017, 01:11 PM
Yes have seen the chart go vertical! Congrats all. Sounds like you are free carried but what about the ones that aren't and it looks like a lot of first timers in this high risk spekky corner?

Do the maths on the JORC JT. It's a no brainer with more to come. Some of the highest grades worldwide.

Joshuatree
08-08-2017, 01:16 PM
Good luck am having a look but whenever i hear "no brainer" a warning goes off, sounds like typical H/C spin to me.. To those that aren't free carried ; think about it.

Kay
08-08-2017, 01:17 PM

I certainly don't have a lot of experience and your advice is appreciated.

Fortunately I bought in at 0.5/0.6c so I can hopefully enjoy the ride without incurring any damage.

Cheers

Antipodean
08-08-2017, 01:19 PM
Joshuatree is correct, take care with anything that moves this quickly. It is in a very good position but nothing is guaranteed in this world.

jonu
08-08-2017, 01:19 PM
Good luck am having a look but whenever i hear "no brainer" a warning goes off, sounds like typical H/C spin to me.. To those that aren't free carried ; think about it.

I'm not on H/C JT and think that is a bit of a cheap shot for someone who doesn't follow NTL closely.

I have a history of sound, researched posts on this thread. And yes, I do follow NTL closely.

Joshuatree
08-08-2017, 01:21 PM
Sorry for lumping you in there; just be careful out there folks generally.

jonu
08-08-2017, 01:22 PM
Sorry for lumping you in there; just be careful out there folks generally.

Acknowledged

Clints
08-08-2017, 02:44 PM
Well that put a halt on proceedings

jonu
08-08-2017, 02:52 PM
JT's advice is sound if you are treating it as a purely speculative buy.

My point is that we are beyond that. The JORC ounces already justify a price of better than 7 cents IMHO. 300+million in profits and a 58 million market cap (@ 2.8) is undervalued I think. On top of that, fully funded to 2020....oh and by the way a massive rerate in JORC imminent. I don't think that is hype.

There's the numbers....crunch 'em!

steveb
08-08-2017, 03:03 PM
JT's advice is sound if you are treating it as a purely speculative buy.

My point is that we are beyond that. The JORC ounces already justify a price of better than 7 cents IMHO. 300+million in profits and a 58 million market cap (@ 2.8) is undervalued I think. On top of that, fully funded to 2020....oh and by the way a massive rerate in JORC imminent. I don't think that is hype.

There's the numbers....crunch 'em!
Lets also not forget the $2.5m from the options due end of nov

Placemakers
08-08-2017, 03:45 PM
very good advise, I been reading a lot of research on NTL for the past 1 and half year, also some books about investing in mining company before i buy in the right issue, although i do believe this still has a lot more growth in it, i stick with my plan which i setup a year ago, sold half of my position when the price is triple, didn't make as much as i should have but i am happy to be free carry and still can enjoy watching the stock price move.

aquaman
08-08-2017, 04:06 PM
As I already have a few NTL shares and are enjoying the ride, wondering what next! Does anyone have any thoughts around if labour /greens win election would this impact on this access to gold minw?

jonu
08-08-2017, 04:14 PM
As I already have a few NTL shares and are enjoying the ride, wondering what next! Does anyone have any thoughts around if labour /greens win election would this impact on this access to gold minw?

NTL already have their bulk sampling consents which were subject to a Judicial Review. Objector's own expert had to concede their concerns about water quality were unfounded and they threw in the towel.
The Greens might have a go but Labour would never sanction stopping it, knowing that if they start mucking around with legally gained consents that they will lose the confidence of the whole business community.

Landyman
08-08-2017, 06:23 PM
Top of the Pops again....by volume anyway. Should keep sparking interests

NZX Top Volumes

Name NTL TALISMAN

Last Traded
Price $0.028

Traded
Volume 14M

%
Movement 21.7%

Crow
08-08-2017, 06:53 PM
So now there are questions in Parliament???

Thanks to DemGainzz on HC for this.....
https://youtu.be/USqnbdwnRPc
Draw your own conclusions, but it wasn't pretty...:eek2:
Someone got beeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

whatsup
08-08-2017, 07:08 PM

What a DREAMER, She would be better trimming the bushes above her shoulders, try some 245T, or 24D I might suggest!

jonu
08-08-2017, 07:53 PM
Impressive volume through today with more than 33 million shares traded across both exchanges. To have that kind of volume and lift by 13.6% on AUD and 21.7% NZD is extremely positive.

Seems like the wider investor community is cottoning on. The market is a funny old place; it's been staring them in the face for months. Welcome aboard to all new comers. The best is yet to come!

Landyman
08-08-2017, 09:14 PM
Im completely onboard with you Jonu, and think there is a way to go based on announcements ahead of us.

Newbies, as others have said: 1. do your own research 2. ask questions of those here who have been following this one for a while 3. put your money on the table and cross your fingers that the next announcement is positive.

Discl: small holding these days, but been in HGD/NTL for a decade and can confirm this is the BIGGEST and BEST news in a long time

Joshuatree
08-08-2017, 09:19 PM
I tried to see if the veins are easy to mine; looked horizontal to my very amateur eye, be great mining cost savings if they are as diagonal can be very expensive ,more than vertical with more waste material,i was told some time back when talking mining generally. Anyone more knowledgeable, from the mine face so to speak?

Yoda
08-08-2017, 09:28 PM

Can someone explain why she says a 3month temporary permit ? I thought it was a 25 yr contract.......

Yoda
08-08-2017, 09:32 PM
You are a wise man JT..I appreciate your caution and advice , both here and other threads.

patrick
08-08-2017, 11:42 PM
I tried to see if the veins are easy to mine; looked horizontal to my very amateur eye, be great mining cost savings if they are as diagonal can be very expensive ,more than vertical with more waste material,i was told some time back when talking mining generally. Anyone more knowledgeable, from the mine face so to speak?

Last mine visit was down Pike! No help.

jonu
09-08-2017, 06:38 AM

Their extraction costs were estimated at approx $650 USD per ounce in the 2013 prefeasibility study (If I recall correctly). Study is now being updated to allow for the increased JORC rerates and the higher grades (which should make it cheaper per ounce). The costs should be more clearly laid out in the updated study which the Quarterly said would follow on the heels of the JORC rerates.

jonu
09-08-2017, 06:39 AM
Can someone explain why she says a 3month temporary permit ? I thought it was a 25 yr contract.......

I think she was referring to the temporary road closure

emveha
09-08-2017, 06:48 AM
What a DREAMER, She would be better trimming the bushes above her shoulders, try some 245T, or 24D I might suggest!
Would you have commented on physical appearance if it was a man speaking?

bucko
09-08-2017, 07:59 AM

Hopefully this wont turn into an election issue like bottled water has....I don't think its likely at this stage, the Green party aren't exactly in the best position right now to campaign on environmental issues..

whatsup
09-08-2017, 08:27 AM
Would you have commented on physical appearance if it was a man speaking?

Yes of course in he deserved it

gmatt
09-08-2017, 08:40 AM
Is today the day??

jonu
09-08-2017, 09:54 AM
Is today the day??

Should be today or tomorrow. Day 9 of the stated next 10 days today

jonu
09-08-2017, 09:58 AM
Sellers retreating at a rate of knots. Reckon it could blow through 3 today before the announcement

gmatt
09-08-2017, 10:04 AM
Sellers retreating at a rate of knots. Reckon it could blow through 3 today before the announcement

What will be interesting is what happens to the SP if the announcement is good ...... or even ....... "spectacular"?!!

jonu
09-08-2017, 10:19 AM
What will be interesting is what happens to the SP if the announcement is good ...... or even ....... "spectacular"?!!

Some wag has a sell order in at 50. Might be a tad optimistic

Crow
09-08-2017, 10:22 AM
50?
0.05c is what i see.

gmatt
09-08-2017, 10:26 AM

Considering what's happened in the last 2 days with no announcement ........ maybe 5c is possible:eek2: ....... not a lot of sellers and interest is high.

Blue Horseshoe
09-08-2017, 10:27 AM
ASB Securities only show to a depth of 10.

see weed
09-08-2017, 10:29 AM
Just can't help myself, just bought another 300,000:D.

jonu
09-08-2017, 10:31 AM
Just can't help myself, just bought another 300,000:D.

Didn't you get frustrated buying at 2? Must be pretty pleased with that purchase now?

ddrone
09-08-2017, 10:41 AM
50?
0.05c is what i see.

There's a million at 50c. That's a $500k trade.

whatsup
09-08-2017, 10:41 AM
.03 hit Highest price since 2008.!! long time between drinks !

Clints
09-08-2017, 10:52 AM
Not sure what's moving faster, this forum or the share price.

Crow
09-08-2017, 10:54 AM
There's a million at 50c. That's a $500k trade.
Optimistic it is then:)

Clints
09-08-2017, 10:58 AM
Wouldn't a trading halt notice throw the cat amongst the pigeons now

jonu
09-08-2017, 10:58 AM
Options traded on nzx at 1c. On oz exchange 0.8.

Landyman
09-08-2017, 11:09 AM
Is there anyway to get notifications of announcements via ASB share trading. I used to use DirectBroking/ANZ, and I get set up email alerts. Can I do this via ASB?

Or is there another way?

Cheers

see weed
09-08-2017, 11:11 AM
Didn't you get frustrated buying at 2? Must be pretty pleased with that purchase now?
Got 800,000 between 0.018 and .02c and happy with that. Some on here are selling and some are buying. Anyone been to the Talisman café lately?

digger
09-08-2017, 11:35 AM
Matt Hill said in the last release that it took ten years for NTL to become an over night success. And that was when the SP was at 1.3 or 1.4. So I would like to go over the evolution of this.
Those of you that have attended the AGM,s of the last few years will know the Wayne Chowles our mining engineer and boss of mine devolement,has spoken about gold resources at NTL. In fact at the last AGM I had the feeling I heard it all before. We have had plenty of hints that gold was there in plentful supply. The results released two weeks ago and the ones about two be released can be seen as a confirmation of what we were led to believe at the agm. I am somewhat suprised that the market is running with it now in such a hard way. I hope it is not getting ahead of itself. To me the proof is in the bulk sampling.

So here is my probability take that gold is present.

10% Announcement at Agm that gold is there in minable quantities.[could be just a bull **** story]
30% first statical samples [interesting but could be salted results as has happened in other parts of the world before]
90% bulk sampling confirms earlier announcements and releases.
It is after bulk sampling that I expected the SP to take off.

Note do your own research the above is just my take.

jonu
09-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Matt Hill said in the last release that it took ten years for NTL to become an over night success. And that was when the SP was at 1.3 or 1.4. So I would like to go over the evolution of this.
Those of you that have attended the AGM,s of the last few years will know the Wayne Chowles our mining engineer and boss of mine devolement,has spoken about gold resources at NTL. In fact at the last AGM I had the feeling I heard it all before. We have had plenty of hints that gold was there in plentful supply. The results released two weeks ago and the ones about two be released can be seen as a confirmation of what we were led to believe at the agm. I am somewhat suprised that the market is running with it now in such a hard way. I hope it is not getting ahead of itself. To me the proof is in the bulk sampling.

10% Announcement at Agm that gold is there in minable quantities.[could be just a bull **** story]
30% first statical samples [interesting but could be salted results as has happened in other parts of the world before]

Hi Digger

It certainly has been a long wait and I know you've been there a long time.

Can't make sense of your % thinking, might be just the way I'm reading it, but you don't seem to have allowed for the historical data NTL have. The historic workings were very well documented with grades etc so I don't anticipate nasty surprises in the bulk sampling.

whatsup
09-08-2017, 11:54 AM

Digger Ive been in here , in various other forms since the 1980's, long time holder so hope this time its a runner!!

jonu
09-08-2017, 12:14 PM
Hehehe...speeding ticket ? on the ASX. Isn't it obvious?

cyclist
09-08-2017, 12:32 PM
Hehehe...speeding ticket ? on the ASX. Isn't it obvious?

I was thinking too. You'd think they could have worked it out for themselves. Halted on the NZX. Is that because of the speeding ticket? (e.g. is that what normally happens?)

jonu
09-08-2017, 12:35 PM
I was thinking too. You think they could have worked it out for themselves. Halted on the NZX. Is that because of the speeding ticket? (e.g. is that what normally happens?)

Yep, they have posted their response here as well.

Perfect timing, giving the market a nice summary of the last couple of months advances, with the cream still to come.

Clints
09-08-2017, 12:38 PM
Is anyone else watching gold pricing? This tension in NK is having an effect

jonu
09-08-2017, 12:41 PM
Yep, they have posted their response here as well.

Perfect timing, giving the market a nice summary of the last couple of months advances, with the cream still to come.

Matt Hill to the ASX ...."Please, please give me a speeding ticket. I've got my response all prepared"

Discl; conversation maybe entirely fictional and does not relate to people or organisations either living or dead :p

cammo
09-08-2017, 12:53 PM
Actually I think it was Maggie Barry's answer that made the share price bump more. Quietly confident now after her answer

Joshuatree
09-08-2017, 12:59 PM
In the top 12 most discussed stocks on H/C now.

sideline watcher here

t.rexjr
09-08-2017, 01:23 PM
This stock is certainly sorting out the have and have nots in the stock pick contest
12 have picked it. 9 are in the top 9...

elZorro
09-08-2017, 01:48 PM
I'm very pleased this stock has worked out for those who kept hanging in there. I'm not invested in any stocks at the moment, after making a big mess of my foray into Glass Earth/Antipodes Gold (read: wife says no).

The high grades at Talisman are still very captivating, but just a word of warning about why the company is listed in the sharemarket in the first place: it's to raise the capital they need, with the least risk to those at the front of the company. At a point in time, even poor old (unlucky/disorganised) Glass Earth had a short spell where the share price allowed an MCap which covered all the funds that had been poured into it during capital raisings. If I had my time again, that is when I'd have dropped some of my exposure in that share.

NTL could well be a different animal altogether - the company has demonstrated very high gold grades in certain areas, and that fixes a lot of other problems, if the gold ore volume is adequate.

jonu
09-08-2017, 01:57 PM
I'm very pleased this stock has worked out for those who kept hanging in there. I'm not invested in any stocks at the moment, after making a big mess of my foray into Glass Earth/Antipodes Gold (read: wife says no).

The high grades at Talisman are still very captivating, but just a word of warning about why the company is listed in the sharemarket in the first place: it's to raise the capital they need, with the least risk to those at the front of the company. At a point in time, even poor old (unlucky/disorganised) Glass Earth had a short spell where the share price allowed an MCap which covered all the funds that had been poured into it during capital raisings. If I had my time again, that is when I'd have dropped some of my exposure in that share.

NTL could well be a different animal altogether - the company has demonstrated very high gold grades in certain areas, and that fixes a lot of other problems, if the gold ore volume is adequate.

Check out the shareholder register El Z. "Those at the front of the company" are heavily invested here

jonu
09-08-2017, 02:17 PM
Options now 1.1 on both exchanges

jonu
09-08-2017, 03:33 PM
Thought I would post this form the H/C site. The poster sounds like a knowledgeable chap! Unfortunately the image he posted showing levels etc hasn't linked.

NTL has come up on the radar all round the world after the July 12 announcements and I'm guessing a few people who understand what Low Sulphidation Epithermal Deposit means took the time to read the 2017 Annual Report. Hence the smart money might be taking positions as cheaply as possible.

Check out page 7 of the 2017 AP and look at the old samples now in Auckland Museum, originally from Level 14 of the Bonanza Strike in Talisman Deeps. The grades convert to 1,381 and 1,551 Au g/t !!

These look suspiciously like the classic grey sulphidic quartz with high grade gold and silver often found in a transition zone close to the base of the epithermal boiling zone.

However NTL also say in the recent Dubbo Deeps re-rate (pg24) "there is detailed geology showing positions of the Maria Vein at least 100m below 15 Level."

So that possibly means that from Level 14 down to about 50m below Level 16 (the lowest level) there could be a massive resource that would lend itself to the modern mining techniques being used underground by Newmont at Waihi.

The image below shows the Levels, essentially what we're looking at here is a good chunk of the Boiling Zone. Below this section somewhere along its length is probably the location of the main quartz vein, which the old-timers didn't find.

Hold onto your hats fellas, and don't sell out cheap!

Quick reply

NTL (ASX)
Price at posting: 2.6˘
Sentiment: Hold
Disclosure: Held

Bluemanarc
09-08-2017, 05:04 PM
not very quiet by looking at the volume 12m traded today, 0.019 is a huge resistant... hard to break out until further good news

Resistance is Futile !!!!!!!

Looks like 29 is the new 19

I was very impressed with some of the talks by the senior managers of this company, they seemed more like Hardened Miners than Boardroom keyboard Warriors.

Flugenbear
09-08-2017, 08:11 PM

elZ, I actually have you to thank for getting into NTL, following it since your first post here. I followed Glass Earth back in the day, read all your research and did my own and I also thought it could be successful. Got burnt there. I do think NTL is a different beast altogether and have much more confidence in the long term success, so sunk a large amount in at the last captital raise.
But your words of caution are wise, mining stocks like this can be a fickle thing.
Best of luck to all holding....exciting times ahead.

Joshuatree
09-08-2017, 08:40 PM
I haven't seen such excitement and fervour on share trader like this before; see it on H.C all the time. You all have different situs and some of you may be spending the bonanza gains already (in your head). And i don't know if anyone knows much about the actual process of mining on here? And be prepared for the cap raise as elz suggests.
Sorry to sound like a cracked record but if you don't free carry and eliminate risk and something goes wrong(there are a lot of things that can) and the s/p goes down as fast as it went up ; well its a horrible feeling going from a 5 - 10-20 bagger to zero. I lost $250,000 on paper in such stocks, PGI which went to a $2 , now 5c . I was euphoric seeing only what i wanted to see; ignored warnings, investor bias; sold near a bottom ; never again. All the best, JT

jonu
09-08-2017, 09:05 PM
Cap Raising JT? Fully funded until 2020. Bulk Sampling kicking in this year will only add to the cashflow...Oh and the options which are worth another 2+million to the company are well in the money at this point.
You were right earlier...you really haven't been following NTL have you?

Joshuatree
09-08-2017, 09:07 PM
Jonu you are multi free carried and on a roll best of luck to you and others out there; just be prudent.

jonu
09-08-2017, 09:11 PM
Cheers JT. I'm thinking luck won't have much to do with it. This has been a long time in the making but is coming to fruition beautifully.

Yoda
09-08-2017, 10:31 PM
I haven't seen such excitement and fervour on share trader like this before; see it on H.C all the time. You all have different situs and some of you may be spending the bonanza gains already (in your head). And i don't know if anyone knows much about the actual process of mining on here? And be prepared for the cap raise as elz suggests.
Sorry to sound like a cracked record but if you don't free carry and eliminate risk and something goes wrong(there are a lot of things that can) and the s/p goes down as fast as it went up ; well its a horrible feeling going from a 5 - 10-20 bagger to zero. I lost $250,000 on paper in such stocks, PGI which went to a $2 , now 5c . I was euphoric seeing only what i wanted to see; ignored warnings, investor bias; sold near a bottom ; never again. All the best, JT
When i tried to tell my wife we lost 50k in PEB, but not be upset, it was only paper money, she said paper money is worth more than coins ,no? Haha
yes been there, done that, don't want to repeat......
Jonu, i am enjoying the ying yang you are having with JT, AND BOTH OF YOU ARE MAKING GOOD POINTS, knowing when to sell is often more important than when to buy, so good luck with that one.. Or. ..may the force be with you.....

Joshuatree
10-08-2017, 12:39 AM
Cap Raising JT? Fully funded until 2020. Bulk Sampling kicking in this year will only add to the cashflow...Oh and the options which are worth another 2+million to the company are well in the money at this point.
You were right earlier...you really haven't been following NTL have you?

Im trying but pretty slow collating etc. Please correct or add to this (anybody)

Im guessing expenditure will increase greatly as they develop the mine so how can you estimate the cash burn accurately like that.
$387,163 for qtr gone and $506,650 set for next qtr

$5,334,000 cash nice

"Proven Reserve of 28,800 oz AU
Measured Indicated and Inferred but not yet proven 312,800 @ 22gmT nice and lots more to prove up too.

Based on current plans the company is fully funded for completion of the Talismandeeps resource modelling and completion of prospecting and Bulk sampling through to2020. The Board will consider acceleration and/or expansion of exploration andextraction plans subject to funding. "

That last line is important and quite likely, speeding up, and could mean a cap raise for development as opposed to just bulk sampling and prospecting. Im guessing Shareholders would support a cap raise if things keep going as well as they have.

The operation looks pretty original and one would think lots of dough needed to upgrade to work it and for safety , mining equipment, fans etc

The talisman was mined on 16 levels and good access is available only in level 8 currently where sampling and drilling is in progress.

With narrow vein mining it can be expensive to drill out a reserve and at times miners don't bother; just follow the veins.

All in the timing re bulk sampling paying for costs and creating cashflow and how much waste around the veins has to be taken out, delays, injuries etc.

You may have re 20 million shares Jonu costing re $65,000 now worth re $377,000 plus oppies maybe, congrats esp being derisked and multi bagged and if free carried :)

Many others get in early and free carried, multi bagged?

Flugenbear
10-08-2017, 03:05 AM
I'm almost certain they need to raise more money to get full scale mining going. Possibly not too much though.
They are good for the duration of the bulk sampling project for 2 years.
Exact cash requirements have no doubt changed from the last capital raise July/August last year, but back then they wanted 12 million and got about half of that.
I'm sure they will be evaluating the next steps and perhaps we'll hear more in the feasibility study to be released soon.
But doesn't really matter how you look at it, it's never looked so good...though still many boxes to tick off.

Blue Horseshoe
10-08-2017, 07:01 AM
Gold up $20 dollars over night, should bode well for the mining stocks today and imo the future.

jonu
10-08-2017, 08:30 AM
Im trying but pretty slow collating etc. Please correct or add to this (anybody)

Im guessing expenditure will increase greatly as they develop the mine so how can you estimate the cash burn accurately like that.
$387,163 for qtr gone and $506,650 set for next qtr

$5,334,000 cash nice

"Proven Reserve of 28,800 oz AU
Measured Indicated and Inferred but not yet proven 312,800 @ 22gmT nice and lots more to prove up too.

Based on current plans the company is fully funded for completion of the Talismandeeps resource modelling and completion of prospecting and Bulk sampling through to2020. The Board will consider acceleration and/or expansion of exploration andextraction plans subject to funding. "

That last line is important and quite likely, speeding up, and could mean a cap raise for development as opposed to just bulk sampling and prospecting. Im guessing Shareholders would support a cap raise if things keep going as well as they have.

The operation looks pretty original and one would think lots of dough needed to upgrade to work it and for safety , mining equipment, fans etc

The talisman was mined on 16 levels and good access is available only in level 8 currently where sampling and drilling is in progress.

With narrow vein mining it can be expensive to drill out a reserve and at times miners don't bother; just follow the veins.

All in the timing re bulk sampling paying for costs and creating cashflow and how much waste around the veins has to be taken out, delays, injuries etc.

You may have re 20 million shares Jonu costing re $65,000 now worth re $377,000 plus oppies maybe, congrats esp being derisked and multi bagged and if free carried :)

Many others get in early and free carried, multi bagged?

Nice to see you taking more than a passing interest now JT.

To clarify at the start, I don't have 20 million shares and I don't know where you plucked that figure from. If I did, at last trade they would be valued at $580,000 not 377k. I don't hold any options.

I get a little frustrated with the second guessing of the company. They have laid out a plan to bulk sample, have costed it and said they are fully funded to do it. They have the consents to do it. If the sampling is true to grade (or better!) it will add significant cash, as will the options which at present are well in the money. If they wanted to dive into other parts of the mine a cap raising would be one option as would debt. At today's interest rates I might be inclined towards debt.

Many of the fears and unknowns you get with a start up miner don't apply to NTL. They have 100 years of remarkable data. The old timers pulled out stuff with eye watering grades...samples of which are in the Auckland Museum. They already have a hole in the ground and they are already 300+m underground, suring it up and ventilating, wiring, etc.

Day 10 today for the "in the next 10 days announcement".

ddrone
10-08-2017, 08:49 AM
Day 10 today for the "in the next 10 days announcement".

Don't be surprised if they meant 10 "working" days which puts us at tomorrow or Monday depending on where you're counting from.

Crow
10-08-2017, 08:58 AM
Don't be surprised if they meant 10 "working" days which puts us at tomorrow or Monday depending on where you're counting from.
Exactly, but let's hope it is today.:t_up:

jonu
10-08-2017, 09:10 AM

Could be I guess...but that would be second guessing! I'll just take it as read.

steveb
10-08-2017, 09:28 AM
There is a lot of usefull info from an article posted on ST by Bullish last year.Still very relevant and insightfull.

Very good artidle on the co.

New Talisman Gold Mines Ltd to enter cash generating bulk sampling phase
Tuesday, May 24, 2016 by Proactive Investors

New Talisman Gold Mines Ltd to enter cash generating bulk sampling phase
New Talisman Gold Mines Ltd (ASX:NTL, NZX:NTL) is ready to initiate a lucrative bulk sampling program at the 100% owned Talisman gold mine in New Zealand.

Based on the average ore reserve grade of 10.8 g/t gold and the strong gold price, New Talisman has the potential to generate NZ$30 million per annum during the bulk sampling phase.

The company is currently in the process of raising up to NZ$12.3 million through a rights issue to fund the Talisman gold mine into the bulk sampling phase.

The successful development of the Talisman gold mine has enabled the company to attract institutional interest from globally significant entities such as Newcrest Mining Ltd (ASX:NCM) and Amer International.

The company is expected to soon finalise an agreement with Newcrest over the Rahu tenement, which lies immediately to the north and along strike from the Talisman Mine.

Amer International, a Fortune 500 major Chinese group with expertise in the manufacturing and metals industry are also potentially taking a significant stake in the New Talisman.

Background

New Talisman retains a 100% interest in the Talisman Mine and Rahu Project which is immediately to the north of the Talisman mine.

Historical production from the 10 mines situated within the current New Talisman mining permit is reported at over 4 million ounces of gold bullion at an average recovered grade of 23.1 g/t gold.

The company also holds 17.9 million shares in Broken Hill Prospecting Ltd (ASX: BPL) representing a current market value of circa $1.7 million.

Talisman gold mine

The Talisman Mine was mined on 16 levels and good access is available on level 8 where the company has completed refurbishment for extensive channel sampling and drilling.

Talisman comprises the Maria, Crown/Welcome and Mystery veins and level 8 leads into Crown, Mystery Woodstock and Dubbo veins.

A pre-feasibility study for underground mining at the Talisman confirmed an initial phase one life of mine of 5 years to generate NZ$68.2 million in revenues and a cash surplus of NZ$23.4 million.

Start-up capital to generate this level of revenue was estimated at NZ$5.4 million.

The majority of the ore will initially be derived from the Mystery and Dubbo sections.

The study also allowed the company to announce a maiden ore reserve of 82,500 tonnes of at 10.8 g/t gold for 28,800ounces, and 48.1 g/t silver for 127,800 ounces.

New Talisman has successfully processed ore samples from the mine under a toll treatment agreement and the gold and silver was profitably extracted and sold.

Mineralised potential within the talisman permit area has been estimated at 0.55 million to greater than 2 million ounces of gold. Additional silver potential is measured at 1.5 million to 6 million ounces.

Bulk sampling

The company is now fully geared to proceed with the project, having completed regulatory requirements to initiate bulk sampling.

Bulk sampling will see the company extract on average 650 tonnes per month for a period of 18 months to 24 months.

The current plan to extract 650 tonnes per month is conservative relative to the granted consents, which allow for up to 20,000 cubic metres of ore to be removed per annum.

Based on the average ore reserve grade of 10.8 g/t gold, a 90% recovery and US$1,300 per ounce gold price, revenues of NZ$30 million could potentially be generated.

The bulk sampling phase will provide information that will allow the company to optimise the overall project plan and transition into the initial phase of the longer term production plan.

Rahu Newcrest opportunity

Newcrest and New Talisman signed a non-binding agreement in May 2015 pertaining to a proposed farm-in and joint venture over the Rahu exploration project.

Rahu provides exploration upside for New Talisman and is part of important foundations for building a working relationship with one of the world's leading gold producers.

The joint venture agreement, covering equity participation and operatorship arrangements is expected to be finalised in the coming weeks.

Newcrest farmed into a nearby New Zealand gold project in 2015 with Laneway Resources Ltd (ASX:LNY).

Should a joint venture agreement be formalised at Rahu, an avenue for future potential strategic opportunities will be created.

Rights issue

The company is seeking to raise up to NZ$12.3 million through a renounceable rights issue of 3 new shares for every 1 existing share held.

The issue price is NZ$0.005 or A$0.005 per share and the offer closes on 14 June, 2016.

Funds raised from the current rights issue will be used in the following priority:

- Initiate bulk sampling programme;
- Accelerate bulk sampling programme;
- Complete feasibility study;
- Accelerate transition from bulk sampling to phase 1 of longer term production;
- Build out additional JORC compliant resources; and
- Fund obligations under a Rahu joint venture.

Strategic shareholder

New Talisman has had continuing negotiations with Amer International, a major Chinese group with expertise in the manufacturing and metals industry.

Amer is a major supplier of copper products and cables which last year recorded US$43.6 billion in sales.

Amer's founder Wang Wenyin, is estimated by Forbes magazine to be China's 9th wealthiest person having a net worth of US$7.9 billion.

Amer have indicated that they will visit New Zealand in the next month to advance discussions on subscribing for a potentially significant stake of new shares in the company.

Infrastructure

The Talisman mine is situated mid-way between the well-established towns of Paeroa and Waihi in the Hauraki District of North Island.

The proximity to these towns provides excellent access to local infrastructure and a transport network. A sealed road leads to within 1 kilometre of the mine site.

Lines carrying 3 phase power are equipped to the mine site can be reconnected at minimal cost.

There is a sufficient area for ore transport requirements, engineering infrastructure, offices and stores area.

The company has water take consents and has designed an environmentally friendly water reticulation system.

Analysis

New Talisman has successfully received necessary permits and regulatory requirements to restart production at one of New Zealand's largest historically producing gold mines.

Securing funding in the current rights issue is the final hurdle for the company to initiate bulk sampling which has the potential to generate revenues of up to NZ$30 million per annum.

The NZD gold price is trading at NZ$1,850 per ounce, a peak level that has not been reached since early 2013.

New Talisman is currently dealing with two high profile companies being Newcrest Mining and Amer International and agreements with either company will act as catalysts for the stock.

A joint venture agreement with Newcrest is expected to be finalised in the coming weeks and has the potential to fast track exploration at the Rahu permit.

Preliminary metallurgical testing at Talisman has confirmed that the ore does not contain unwanted contaminants.

Given the area is known for historical gold production, it is closely situated to key infrastructure such as sealed roads, transportation networks, power and water.

New Talisman Gold Mines advances development of New Zealand gold mine
Development of the Talisman Mine is continuing with the grant of Change of Conditions, completion of a comprehensive traffic survey and progress on the remaining requirements by Worksafe NZ.

An applied for an extension of land over the Rahu area, which is generally contiguous with the Talisman permit mineralisation.

New Talisman Gold Mines raises funds to continue mine development
New Talisman now has additional funds for its continued development of the Talisman Mine in New Zealand. Earlier in the month the delivered a major milestone with the first production of commercial gold from the historical mine site in over 30 years.

New Talisman Gold Mines makes milestone gold and silver sale
The first sale of gold and silver from the Talisman Mine in New Zealand has generated revenue of about NZ$100,000 (A$89,680) for New Talisman Gold Mines. NTL is now a revenue generating company and there could be more to come.

New Talisman Gold Mines samples 1.5oz/t gold in New Zealand
Sampling of stockpiled ore from has returned very high grades of gold averaging 1.5 ounces per tonne, setting the foundation for commercial terms on processing ore from New Talisman Gold Mines’ Talisman gold mine in New Zealand.

New Talisman Gold Mines prepares Talisman ore for pilot testing
Sampling and pilot processing of stockpiled ore from the Talisman Mine in New Zealand will allow New Talisman Gold Mines to ascertain the value of its ore and finalise toll treatment arrangements. Previous spot samples had returned average grades greater than an ounce per tonne.

New Talisman Gold Mines granted operational authority
The receipt of authorisation to enter and operate the Talisman gold mine permit in New Zealand puts New Talisman Gold Mines another major step ahead on the road from explorer to producer.

New Talisman Gold Mines on track to commence year-end gold production
First production from New Talisman Gold Mines’ Talisman gold mine in New Zealand remains on track to start by the end of this year. The company has raised $634,069 from its rights issue.

New Talisman Gold Mines to fast-track production in New Zealand
Dual-listed New Talisman Gold Mines is fast-tracking gold development and production from the Talisman mine in New Zealand. Annualised production is forecast to reach 12,115 ounces of gold and 36,000 ounces of silver over an initial mine life of 5 years

Joshuatree
10-08-2017, 09:34 AM
Cheers jonu. I don't know where i got 20 mill :confused: e ither as i have just looked at the top 20 again and see no 20 is re 14 million and you said you were just out of that.And that info may be old anyway as i noticed on the website the latest presentation is 3 or 4 years old.

Re the bulk sampling to 100,000 tonnes now, was 20,000 i think
At the moment they look to be manually sampling 5 kg bags. Bulk sampling would be mining with all the costs and machinery safety gear, mine upgrade to modern standards etc so can you clarify this issue? Thanks

jonu
10-08-2017, 09:36 AM
Cheers jonu. I don't know where i got 20 mill :confused: e ither as i have just looked at the top 20 again and see no 20 is re 14 million and you said you were just out of that.And that info may be old anyway as i noticed on the website the latest presentation is 3 or 4 years old.

Re the bulk sampling to 100,000 tonnes now, was 20,000 i think
At the moment they look to be manually sampling 5 kg bags. Bulk sampling would be mining with all the costs and machinery safety gear, mine upgrade to modern standards etc so can you clarify this issue? Thanks

They plan to start bulk sampling in December. They are fully funded to do it.

Clints
10-08-2017, 10:42 AM
If there is an announcement today - hopefully it's early enough to give the market time to react.

jonu
10-08-2017, 11:50 AM
If there is an announcement today - hopefully it's early enough to give the market time to react.

I wouldn't stress about it. If it's as good as we hope it'll take a few days for the market to fully factor it in anyway

Ace
10-08-2017, 02:17 PM
Looks like it will be ten working days then haha!

Bluemanarc
10-08-2017, 03:21 PM
Lots of sellers piling into 3C and not many buyers so expect this to drop a bit over next few days.
Might be a good time to buy more around that 2.6 to 2.8 in case it drops that far.
Bit of a tricky one, such rapid gains and you are waiting for it to fall back with some profit taking, yet an announcement pending.

This is where all the dodgy deals get done isn't it, the people providing such market knowledge give an nod to associates.
You all know that insider trading goes in but you still try shares knowing such stuff happens in the background.

ddrone
10-08-2017, 03:24 PM
Lots of sellers piling into 3C and not many buyers so expect this to drop a bit over next few days.
Might be a good time to buy more around that 2.6 to 2.8 in case it drops that far.
Bit of a tricky one, such rapid gains and you are waiting for it to fall back with some profit taking, yet an announcement pending.

This is where all the dodgy deals get done isn't it, the people providing such market knowledge give an nod to associates.
You all know that insider trading goes in but you still try shares knowing such stuff happens in the background.

I wouldn't be so sure - ASX is quite firmly in the 2.6-2.7 range which is 2.8/2.9 NZD.

Clints
10-08-2017, 05:11 PM
Quiet day today - 3.8mil traded. Calm before the storm?

digger
10-08-2017, 05:45 PM
Hi Digger

It certainly has been a long wait and I know you've been there a long time.

Can't make sense of your % thinking, might be just the way I'm reading it, but you don't seem to have allowed for the historical data NTL have. The historic workings were very well documented with grades etc so I don't anticipate nasty surprises in the bulk sampling.

Jona I can not make sense out of what I said as I did not say what i intended. I will forgive myself some what as that is the day I came home from Braemar hospital after a full left knee replacement.
So I did not finish the statement which makes all the difference. I should have said "so here is my take that gold is present as the market will see it. These grade come in with toooo good to be true. I am as certain as I can be that they are true but does the market. And my point is that the market has every right to be cautious.I believe there nerves will settle as the % as I have outlined..
I have had a phone call from another shareholder and he did not understand it either as I intended . Hope this clears up my intention to you and the other shareholder
Cheers all

digger
10-08-2017, 07:59 PM
Have a look at this site
www.mining.com/worlds-top-10-rookie-gold-mines/

Here you will see the worlds top 10 have a grade from 7.7 to 14 .1 g/ton.
So if we now have an average about 22g/ton, then it is off the charts.
Hence my point is that before we see any big companies buying in they will want more proof.
My point is that the bulk sampling will verify to 90% the proof they need.Then I think we will see the SP head north in a big way. In the mean time it matter little what you or I think.
Cheers

Joshuatree
10-08-2017, 09:12 PM
digger what do you think about the cost of mining(bulk sampling) up to 20,000 tonnes for TWO years. Starting at 650 tonnes month initially (this may well change to a higher fig?). NTL say they have enough cash to cover what two years ($5.5 mill cash) but surely the costs of modernising the mine esp for safety and the machinery accessing the other levels etc would chew up funds quickly and the grades will drop as there will be waste rock etc mixed in with the main vein material as they go to each side of the vein.
I know they should in theory be earning plenty of dough when the first gold is poured which should cover this and more but timing and unexpected delays etc could be spanner in the wrks. be good to hear more opinions .

Have found more info, answers some of the questions but costs will have risen since then (2013) and gold too prob;).

Mining Method – Ore veins are steeply dipping, from 70° to near vertical, with widths ranging from ~1.0m in the Welcome/Crown area to >6.0m in the Woodstock. Preliminary stope designs were constructed encompassing the volume of estimated payable ore in each resource block. Analysis indicates that the geometry of the lodes is potentially suitable for a number of mining methods. The study recommended that a sub-level stoping design be implemented to provide the flexibility to switch between hand-held and long-hole drilling techniques where applicable.
Materials Handling – An option analysis was carried out on the installation of rail bound transport systems underground compared with the deployment of a fleet of small, rubber tyred loaders and trucks. Results clearly demonstrated that the flexibility of a trackless fleet, which would enable extraction of the resources below 8 Level through a series of small ramp systems, held significant advantage to the project.

Do you think these pricing are realistic?

Cost Estimates – Capital and Operating Cost estimates were determined from supplier quotes and budget prices. The total capital requirement estimated for the project, including sustaining capital, rehabilitation provision and contingency was NZ$10.9 million, with an initial drawdown of NZ$4.3m in year one. Total operating costs, inclusive of royalties and overheads, amount to NZ$33.5m over the five-year mining period. Maximum cash exposure amounts to NZ$7.3m incurred during the second year of operation following which the mine would be completely self funding.

digger
11-08-2017, 07:40 AM
The short answer is bring that question to the AGM which I think is next month. you then get the best estimate from the horses mouth.I do not know the cost estimates or the built in reserves for anything to go wrong,
I am hoping the AGM will be in say Hamilton,or Morrinsvile ,or Waihi. Auckland is just too hard to get a park.

ddrone
11-08-2017, 07:54 AM
The short answer is bring that question to the AGM which I think is next month. you then get the best estimate from the horses mouth.I do not know the cost estimates or the built in reserves for anything to go wrong,
I am hoping the AGM will be in say Hamilton,or Morrinsvile ,or Waihi. Auckland is just too hard to get a park.

First world problems.

Bluemanarc
11-08-2017, 08:15 AM
There are a lot of sell orders at .3c people trying to profit take now, but I am quite keen on this now and have placed a cheeky order at lower prices in case they decide to exit below that.

Todays first world problem: Too wet for golf today, don't want to lose any more of my 50c golf balls, so driving lunch and range today.

Joshuatree
11-08-2017, 09:07 AM

Cheers ; I'm not a holder; interested bystander; Holding mainly aussie producers in the Gold sector.Too spekky for me especially after its run so hard imo.

Clints
11-08-2017, 09:44 AM
Nice - 1st bid of the day 3.2

whatsup
11-08-2017, 09:47 AM
Nice - 1st bid of the day 3.2

Clint , its a window dressing quote and should disappear before trading today.

Clints
11-08-2017, 09:51 AM
Why do you have to waste my flavour?

ddrone
11-08-2017, 11:06 AM
The last few announcements have been Friday afternoons, hold onto your hats.

Crow
11-08-2017, 11:23 AM
Holding on.....sea of red on the markets at the moment.:eek2:

drcjp
11-08-2017, 12:41 PM

actually most in July have been Mon-wed https://nzx.com/markets/NZSX/securities/NTL/announcements
Doesn't matter..it'll come when it comes

Fatboyj
11-08-2017, 01:47 PM
Whats the latest they can put the announcement off to?

Landyman
11-08-2017, 02:55 PM
Am I reading it right? 2 weeks delay on the "big" announcement.

Newbies, welcome to HGD/NTL, under-deliver, anyway, just a few more weeks

"Bonanza Module
The Bonanza Deeps module is currently undergoing final review which requires a significant amount of complex calculations as modules are checked and rechecked prior to finalising the table one resource model. At this stage it is expected the Bonanza module which is the second last module of Talisman deeps is to be released in the next 2 weeks.
The final module which will also include all of Talismans resources Ie Mystery, Crown, etc are to be upgraded to JORC 2012 will be completed by November. Work will commence on such following Bonanza completion. "

t.rexjr
11-08-2017, 03:00 PM
Am I reading it right? 2 weeks delay on the "big" announcement

Don't think they've ever given a timeline for the announcement, only for investigation completion. People were reading into things and getting a little excited...

Blue Horseshoe
11-08-2017, 03:03 PM
The Bonanza Deeps module is currently undergoing final review which requires a significant amount of complex calculations as modules are checked and rechecked prior to finalising the table one resource model.
Translation - They can't believe their eye's.

Blue Horseshoe very excited.

Ace
11-08-2017, 03:22 PM
Seems like there is a lot of profit taking now, and impatients. An announcement now or later won't change the amount of gold under the ground! Could be an opportunity to buy in...? Depending on the reason why they need the extra time.

Clints
11-08-2017, 03:27 PM
Just grabbed another 3/4 mil shares. Lets hope this takes off.

Paint it Black
11-08-2017, 05:29 PM
Just grabbed another 3/4 mil shares. Lets hope this takes off.

I wouldn't be concerned about the delay in the peer review report. A peer review carries a lot of legal responsibility and a review will normally involve a lot of questions and responses between the two parties which need to be thoroughly investigated and documented. I was a bit surprised only 10 days (working I had assumed) had been allocated for this work. I'd far rather have a robust review which confirms the results (hopefully positive) than something rushed which in the future is inaccurate or a potential purchaser (if one is around) can criticise.

digger
11-08-2017, 07:48 PM
I wouldn't be concerned about the delay in the peer review report. A peer review carries a lot of legal responsibility and a review will normally involve a lot of questions and responses between the two parties which need to be thoroughly investigated and documented. I was a bit surprised only 10 days (working I had assumed) had been allocated for this work. I'd far rather have a robust review which confirms the results (hopefully positive) than something rushed which in the future is inaccurate or a potential purchaser (if one is around) can criticise.

Well said PIB.
In the meantime always good to see more background work getting done that will lead to bulk sampling. We know the gold is there now the investing world need proof that it can be delivered. Even a very positive peer review report leaves us with a bird in the hand. We need to show that the birds in the bush are also achievable and that is where I see bulk sampling coming in.

jonu
14-08-2017, 08:04 AM

Agreed PIB. Disappointed about the delay, but I'm not concerned by it. Certainly had a flush of short term traders jump Friday afternoon but the same people will be back in 7-10 days. No reason for the SP not to return to where it was. The fundamentals are the same

Topagent
14-08-2017, 08:23 AM
Freed some more funds so will be topping up today. Nothing has changed just another ten days. I did like the comment reaffirming how they need to investigate being able to access all opportunities in the talisman resource. I can't see this not returning to 2.9-3c with only a timeframe change on last announcement

jonu
14-08-2017, 09:19 AM
Friday's release also mentions that they are now seperating the Bonanza JORC results from the Mystery/Crown etc, with the later ones to be released around November.

Bluemanarc
14-08-2017, 10:24 AM
I did note a large chunk of the recent announcement was in relation to Health and Safety, and I think they said they had put a plan in to action in 2014 and have been working with Worksafe recently, they probably got a heck of a shock recently that they are actually doing stuff down in the Mine, at exactly what was required of them.
ie. Scaffolding required for painting 1 or 2 feet of the ground, that kind of thing.
But looks like they now have really got a good grasp on that, I bet it has kept them busy and now they are concentrating on the actual job itself now.

That's one thing I take out of that report.

Ha... missed out on a big chunk at .25c its rocketing away too fast for me this morning.

Leftfield
14-08-2017, 10:24 AM
Friday's release also mentions that they are now seperating the Bonanza JORC results from the Mystery/Crown etc, with the later ones to be released around November.

Mmmm November 2017... just as the options come due.

jonu
14-08-2017, 10:52 AM
Mmmm November 2017... just as the options come due.

The options are well in the money now. Somehow I don't think the SP will need boosting come November for that reason. Original option holders good be looking at a 3/4/5 bagger off the bat.

Crow
14-08-2017, 11:03 AM
Protester arrested
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/bay-of-plenty-times/news/article.cfm?c_id=1503343&objectid=11903758

Antipodean
14-08-2017, 11:51 AM
I wasn't aware that "Labour ... to extend the Schedule 4 land classification" had been confirmed, does anyone have anything from Labour to back this up?

jonu
14-08-2017, 12:16 PM
I wasn't aware that "Labour ... to extend the Schedule 4 land classification" had been confirmed, does anyone have anything from Labour to back this up?

I saw that and thought either a misquote or more fibs. I thinking fibs. First mention I've heard of it. The poor old Grandma says she sold her land because of the mining. So apparently the new owner doesn't have an issue with it. More likely she sold it to downsize and retire but that doesn't make a good news story does it?

Leftfield
14-08-2017, 12:26 PM
The options are well in the money now. Somehow I don't think the SP will need boosting come November for that reason. Original option holders good be looking at a 3/4/5 bagger off the bat.

That's my point.... the November boost is possibly why the announcement is being delayed to then.

bucko
14-08-2017, 12:37 PM
from Labour to back this up? :eek2::eek2::eek2: oxymoron?

Bluemanarc
14-08-2017, 01:44 PM
No I would say "Granma Moron"

But a huge flood of sellers on the market right now, expect price to fall a few cents today, have reduced my next buy to 25C as I think it will fall.

gmatt
14-08-2017, 01:48 PM
Agreed PIB. Disappointed about the delay, but I'm not concerned by it. Certainly had a flush of short term traders jump Friday afternoon but the same people will be back in 7-10 days. No reason for the SP not to return to where it was. The fundamentals are the same

Looks like they're getting back in now ...... like you I'm disappointed with the delay, however understand their JORC figures need to be accurate ...... looks like we're in for another tumultuous 2 weeks:cool: