PDA

View Full Version : Snakk

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

J R Ewing
22-07-2013, 05:06 PM
I have a small investment in VIL, picked up in the placement. It started trading at a good premium, I assume that was when the traders got out and others built up a more substantial holding than they got in the placement. It has now settled down to be a bit above the listing price. That how things are supposed to work out with these listings, isn't it?

Balance
22-07-2013, 05:41 PM
yup, the $1.30 placement acted as a target for near fair price and although it never went that low, its still at a good price. in saying so, snk's last raising before the SPP was at 6.5 cents, but we all know Sorensen isn't going below 10 and no one wants to lock in their losses! mexican stand off, hence why Handley needs to sort it out!

Sorenson only has around $2m left at 10c.

So what's stopping all those who took $6.5m of stock taking him out?

robbo24
22-07-2013, 09:00 PM
well, mr handley could have organised that, but chose to fob me off instead!

Moosie could be just as easily trying to keep the SP down. You might be kicking yourself down the track, wondering why you didn't take advantage of his kindness... :cool:

robbo24
22-07-2013, 09:44 PM
lol, I'm amazed at the myriad things I've been accussed of doing during my time on here. if you make YOUR decisions based on my opinion alone, you need your head checked for sone loose moose!

I was wondering when someone would finally accuse you of being Mr Sorenson.

Banksie
23-07-2013, 09:43 AM
From 1 June 2013 to 18 July 2013, HPF Investments Limited sold 2,358,092 shares in Snakk Media Limited on market for total consideration of $293,129.52.

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/178617.pdf

Not Sorenson or Moosie ;)

CJ
23-07-2013, 09:51 AM
From 1 June 2013 to 18 July 2013, HPF Investments Limited sold 2,358,092 shares in Snakk Media Limited on market for total consideration of $293,129.52.

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/178617.pdf

Not Sorenson or Moosie ;)The Business Bakery Boys (own 75% of HPF).

Does that mean there are two substantial shareholders from pre IPO days wanting to get out? They still own 7% so hopefully they are just getting their intial investment off the table, not selling out completely.

Balance
23-07-2013, 10:05 AM
Yup, HPF has been at it as well, not as much Sorehead though. Little faith in the company by the looks of big holders (or better investments to get into, take your pick). Handley should have had a lock-up agreement/raised capital for these guys to exit/stumped up his own money!

Two dogs licking their balls?

:D

Copper
23-07-2013, 10:20 AM
The Business Bakery Boys (own 75% of HPF).

Does that mean there are two substantial shareholders from pre IPO days wanting to get out? They still own 7% so hopefully they are just getting their intial investment off the table, not selling out completely.

It's hard I would think to get a lockup of shares of Sorenson and this lot when you have a back door listing the way this one eventuated.It would have been too selective and would have to have been voluntary.Snakk was not a new Company taking over Sorenson and HPF at issue time.
I would think both holders would take money off the table given the chance.Conservative common investment sense.The way it has panned out they may have had a mutual understanding to not dump shares at same time as one another.
Moving forward at least we know what may eventuate on the selling side and ten cents seems to have been the lower area of pricing.Good news at AGM may be all we need if most selling has taken place at these levels.

Copper
23-07-2013, 10:37 AM
I have wondered if there is anything in the fact that the shares sold by HPF equates almost to the identical amount of the 1500000 options issued plus the 960098 Aussy managers issue plus the small SPP HPF application.Might they just be trying to not increase the overall insider holdings?..

Balance
23-07-2013, 11:12 AM
I have wondered if there is anything in the fact that the shares sold by HPF equates almost to the identical amount of the 1500000 options issued plus the 960098 Aussy managers issue plus the small SPP HPF application.Might they just be trying to not increase the overall insider holdings?..

Have a look at Synlait listing.

Upfront, no hidden agendas, excellent business, easy to understand - 50 cents above issue price and comfortable ride for the long haul.

What are you investing in when you buy Snakk?

Balance
23-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Me thinks you need to look a little bit longer-term with SNK, VML and MBE to see what the investment value is. Is the dairy market growing 88% Y-o-Y? The differences are pretty big and won't go into them!

I do agree about the upfrontness and previous investors sentiment though.

Business could be excellent given time, and it's easy to understand if you do a little research and know your way around the tech speak!

Like Plus SMS?

CJ
23-07-2013, 11:19 AM
Have a look at Synlait listing..Given Snakk wasn't an IPO, the equivalent has to be the pre-listing placement. That was at 6c so they are up 66%.

And the big sellers got in even cheaper than that. Snakk will have its day once the dust settles.

Balance
23-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Given Snakk wasn't an IPO, the equivalent has to be the pre-listing placement. That was at 6c so they are up 66%.

And the big sellers got in even cheaper than that. Snakk will have its day once the dust settles.

And who got the pre-listing placement?

And who got the post listing placement (at a whooping 20% discount) at 12 cents?

I say good on Sorenson and HPF - they are experts at what they do and they have just proven it again.

Copper
23-07-2013, 11:34 AM
Have a look at Synlait listing.

Upfront, no hidden agendas, excellent business, easy to understand - 50 cents above issue price and comfortable ride for the long haul.

What are you investing in when you buy Snakk?

Sylait is a Telecom/Fletcher/Sky TV.... A portfolio stock where you may get ten or twenty per cent over a few years. Snakk is the five or ten parent of a portfolio where the speculation and possible big gains or losses eventuate.If you think they have a chance in a new field of investment then buy some otherwise forget and go back to the Plus SMS chat site .

J R Ewing
23-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Sylait is a Telecom/Fletcher/Sky TV.... A portfolio stock where you may get ten or twenty per cent over a few years. Snakk is the five or ten parent of a portfolio where the speculation and possible big gains or losses eventuate.If you think they have a chance in a new field of investment then buy some otherwise forget and go back to the Plus SMS chat site .

Copper, I think you are out of order here. This forum is to share views and information on stocks and the reasons why people are NOT invested in certain stocks can be just as useful and informative as the reasons why other ARE invested.

Disc: Not a holder of SNK

Copper
23-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Hi Balance....I've got thousands of raw nerves but when I see some of the unadulterated garbage on this forum I usually laugh and think what are we dealing with.They haven't even started the engine of this yet but the thing is surrounded by a swarm of mechanics all offering their tuppence worth of advice as to whether the thing will go or not.As soon as someone works out where the starter is or can get the intelligentia to push ,we may have to be patient.
Kind regards.....

Copper
23-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Copper, I think you are out of order here. This forum is to share views and information on stocks and the reasons why people are NOT invested in certain stocks can be just as useful and informative as the reasons why other ARE invested.

Disc: Not a holder of SNK

Agree J R....only problem is that when you answer some posts you have to cross the line.If you look back on my posts I would be on your side almost all of the time.
I seem to be having one of those days here today.Think I will go and have a coffee before someone sees the quote.
Kind regards

lastmoa
23-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Are you saying the market growth is wrong? I'm giving it time for Mr Sorehead to exit. Until then, I have high doubts about SNK and VML now, but not MBE...

I'd be the total reverse of that statement, sorry Moosie.
Can add ticker MKB (asx) to your list too.

see weed
23-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Now lets all settle down and have a nice cup of tea. There is a lot of speculation on whats going on and what is not. The answer is simple, go to the first annual meeting next month and get it from the horses mouth. Here is your chance. So who is going to join see weed at the meeting? or am i going to be left holding the baby with phooy bottom. If you have'nt got any shares, then buy some, they are only 9 or 10c. This is your chance to meet all these big Snakk holders and to ask all the questions that have been asked on this forum. ps Moosie, i have been accumulateing Snakk shares since spp. I probably been buying the ones you are selling, so if you want to sell any more, come straight to me, i will buy them, and save on brokerage hehe.

see weed
23-07-2013, 02:57 PM
lol, I would sell if I had any left. Sold out when I found out Sorensen was behind the SP fall. My investment in Snakk is on hiatus. Won't be attending the AGM either as I have enough answers for now and am busy with my museum work. Do keep us informed though :)

Bug..r... I was looking forward to meeting Mr. Moose at the Snakkity Moose club

gv1
25-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Facebook Inc delivered strong evidence it can thrive on smartphones and tablets on Wednesday, reporting a much better-than-anticipated surge in mobile advertising revenue in the second quarter that ignited a 20 percent share rally.
This might give some hope...light at the end of tunnel.

lastmoa
25-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Facebook Inc delivered strong evidence it can thrive on smartphones and tablets on Wednesday, reporting a much better-than-anticipated surge in mobile advertising revenue in the second quarter that ignited a 20 percent share rally.
This might give some hope...light at the end of tunnel.

Didn't know we were in a tunnel. Thought we were still at the station letting people on and off.
Yes, the FB results were even unexpected by analysts (no surprises there).
Interesting tidbit from the report :
The company announced this week that more than 100 million people access Facebook using traditional, non-smart phones in countries like India, Indonesia and the Philippines.Facebook had 1.15 billion monthly active users as of June 30, up 21 percent from a year ago. The number of monthly mobile users grew 51 percent to 819 million.
Bodes well for the companies (Snakk, VMOB, etc) in this sector that are trying to establish themselves in the 'fringe' countries. imho.

lastmoa
25-07-2013, 11:43 AM
and this too :
Research firm eMarketer expects Facebook to increase its mobile advertising revenue more than fourfold to over $2 billion this year. This would give the company a 13 percent share of the global mobile ad market, up from about 5 percent last year.

Gives you some idea of the scale of the market at this early stage in its development.

see weed
25-07-2013, 02:04 PM
Didn't know we were in a tunnel. Thought we were still at the station letting people on and off.
Yes, the FB results were even unexpected by analysts (no surprises there).
Interesting tidbit from the report :
The company announced this week that more than 100 million people access Facebook using traditional, non-smart phones in countries like India, Indonesia and the Philippines.Facebook had 1.15 billion monthly active users as of June 30, up 21 percent from a year ago. The number of monthly mobile users grew 51 percent to 819 million.
Bodes well for the companies (Snakk, VMOB, etc) in this sector that are trying to establish themselves in the 'fringe' countries. imho.

Sounds all good, but could you please refresh my memory of the meaning of...imho... Thanks

Banksie
25-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Sounds all good, but could you please refresh my memory of the meaning of...imho... Thanks

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=imho ;)

baller18
25-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Why would people just buy $208 worth of SnK? Sorensen?

Minerbarejet
25-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Why would people just buy $208 worth of SnK? Sorensen? Probably a partly filled order residue.

etrader
25-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Think there might be an enquiry into the massive volume spike today and lift in SP.

Minerbarejet
25-07-2013, 03:26 PM
you didnt perchance buy all the rest of Mr S's lot, moosie? Trying to cover our tracks are we?
:)

ari
25-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Why would people just buy $208 worth of SnK? Sorensen?
I certainly never read it as 'partly filled order residue', or was that tongue in cheek MJ
I read it as pure manipulation.........I've even played that game in the past :-)

Minerbarejet
25-07-2013, 05:11 PM
I certainly never read it as 'partly filled order residue', or was that tongue in cheek MJ
I read it as pure manipulation.........I've even played that game in the past :-)
perhaps somebody was trying to round up their holding after falling 208 dollars short and it expired - I know it doesn't make much sense brokeragewise but some people are extremely tidy.:)

see weed
25-07-2013, 11:47 PM
perhaps somebody was trying to round up their holding after falling 208 dollars short and it expired - I know it doesn't make much sense brokeragewise but some people are extremely tidy.:)

I had the same problem on 18/9/08 when trying to buy whs shares. They had dropped down 30c in three days, down to $3. They only stayed at $3 for about 5 or 10 minutes. I put an order in to buy some at $3.01c, but only 10 went through.So i waited and waited and the share price closed at about $3.07c. The next day it did the same , every time i went to buy them somebody beat me to it. They closed at about $3.15. I thought, stuff this, i don't want to pay 2 lots of buy brokerages , they kept on going up to $3.20c. So on 26/9/08 i purchased the remaining shares for $3.21. And bug...r me days they went back down to $3.02c on 30/9/08 so i bought the same amount again, and they all went through this time luckily. Three weeks later on 21/10/08 they went as high as $4.10c. Sold out a bit before that and made a good profit.

whatsup
26-07-2013, 09:13 AM

IMHO, In My Humble Opinion

see weed
26-07-2013, 12:33 PM
IMHO, In My Humble Opinion

Thanks..so simple.

baller18
26-07-2013, 12:52 PM
Is there something wrong with todays trade? 1 buyer at $.104 for a parcel of 60,000 lots, and one buyer at $1.05 for 12315?
Sorensen?

hilskin
26-07-2013, 12:56 PM
You must be using ASB securities. It's a glitch in there system. Noticed it happens around 4:45pm every afternoon also.

Forget what i just said, didn't look at the numbers properly. There is a problem with asb in the afternoons though.

Copper
26-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Is there something wrong with todays trade? 1 buyer at $.104 for a parcel of 60,000 lots, and one buyer at $1.05 for 12315?
Sorensen?

I would think that Facebook's result on advertising has had an effect.Only needs a comment from the powers that be on where Snakk stands and more buying may eventuate hopefully.They wouldn't have heard about this chat site.

The Real Bud Fox
26-07-2013, 02:23 PM
There's certainly been some data released over the last few days which supports the growth of mobile advertising. And, yes, Facebook's result may well have helped.

All of the talk and conspiracy theories re. shareholding overhangs of this company is quite comical. Yes, a large shareholder exiting may, in the short term, influence the share price but on a purely financial basis, the value of a share is the present value of it's future earnings. I'd say 99% of comments posted relates to one shareholder drip feeding 100,000 parcels to the market rather than the company's prospects.

Again, I'd like to put forward why don't people comment on the trading prospects of the underlying business?

I'm not sure if Snakk is 'the' company to be in but I do know that it occupies a space which is probably going to grow expontially for a few years yet. Mobile is where advertising is heading.

Now, I await the backlash! lol

baller18
26-07-2013, 02:34 PM
Oh well its up to $0.110 now! lol...

Disc - bought in at $0.12 lol

baller18
26-07-2013, 02:34 PM
Far out look at MBE up 16.2% today, damn!!!
SNK could be on a little run here...

gv1
26-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Might be heading for 20ceents..

etrader
26-07-2013, 02:54 PM
Would there be any indication that snk could see a merger or takeover of MBE AS A BENEFIT. Shares have more than doubles since snk got their wad of cash to leap

baller18
26-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Once again, very weird theres a buyer for a parcel lot of 1600 at 0.115..
Once again $184 bux??? hmmm weird... tidying up their shares again?

Minerbarejet
26-07-2013, 05:01 PM
You must be using ASB securities. It's a glitch in there system. Noticed it happens around 4:45pm every afternoon also.

Forget what i just said, didn't look at the numbers properly. There is a problem with asb in the afternoons though.
Google Nzx trading hours 4.45 is when some of the numbers go strange , really high bids and really low sells ,
its called preclosing apparently and they do all the adjusting after 5.00.

etrader
26-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Thanks moosie yes you did just thought I would float it again.

baller18
29-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Some one just bought 30,000 shares at 12 cents....
Manipulation? Or legit???

Slowlearna
29-07-2013, 12:33 PM
Some one just bought 30,000 shares at 12 cents....
Manipulation? Or legit???

legit, they definitely bought them :D

Tony Two Gloves
29-07-2013, 12:39 PM
Back to SPP price, break out the Champagne!

ari
29-07-2013, 01:16 PM
Phew, back in credit, thanks to the freebees to kick me off...long may it last!

baller18
29-07-2013, 01:17 PM
Hopefully it does a MBE breakout!!!! Then let the champagne pop!!!!

see weed
29-07-2013, 01:31 PM
They may have lifted the minium sell down from 10c to 12c to make it look good for the agm. But there is only 80,000 odd shares on the buy side above 10c , so who knows? Time will tell. I am not selling yet....still in the buying mode, so hoping it will not go up too fast.

Minerbarejet
29-07-2013, 01:42 PM
looks as if your efforts have paid off, Moosie - at least all the carryon at 10 cents has stopped- maybe - if you can shift it up to about 20, that would do in the meantime :)

Copper
29-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Back to SPP price, break out the Champagne!

It's interesting that on Friday there were 300,000 for sale at 12 cents but today after only 30000 odd bgt there are only 80,000 for sale.The usual run for the bush if buyers get near your offer price.I would expect some for sale at 12 as the holders realizing that shares would be scaled in SPP would have oversubscribed only to get the lot in the end...

baller18
30-07-2013, 02:10 PM
12.5 cents woohoooooo, jumping out of the water finally... lol....
lets see if it stays...

baller18
30-07-2013, 02:18 PM
buyers are actually piling up...
120,000 at 11.6cents
70,000 at 11.7 cents

baller18
30-07-2013, 02:25 PM
another buyer at 12cents for 40,000 lot.
12.5 seller only has 895 left...
Get to 13 cents plz... lol

hilskin
30-07-2013, 02:26 PM
Might be time to jump back in moosie ;)

chad321
30-07-2013, 02:32 PM
I am surprised that on their home page in addition to contact numbers for Auckland and their Australian offices, they also have a New York contact number. Anyone know much about this?

Tony Two Gloves
30-07-2013, 02:43 PM
Moosie might have missed the boat.....

Copper
30-07-2013, 02:52 PM
I am surprised that on their home page in addition to contact numbers for Auckland and their Australian offices, they also have a New York contact number. Anyone know much about this?

I would guess it belongs to the large holder who was part of the original team. The one that had a latest shareholder disclosure on sales the other day....

hilskin
30-07-2013, 02:58 PM
last of the shares at .125 just snapped up.

Copper
30-07-2013, 03:02 PM
another buyer at 12cents for 40,000 lot.
12.5 seller only has 895 left...
Get to 13 cents plz... lol

My Grandfathers grandson is helping your cause.......

baller18
30-07-2013, 03:04 PM
My Grandfathers grandson is helping your cause.......
huh copper?

The Real Bud Fox
30-07-2013, 03:05 PM
I understand that Derek Handley is based in New York.

Rastas
30-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Hey guys

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Just a quickie, I understand that ASB is unable to take any orders for SNK (well, it seems that way). Can anyone advise which brokerage can be used to place an order?

Cheers

baller18
30-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Hey guys

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Just a quickie, I understand that ASB is unable to take any orders for SNK (well, it seems that way). Can anyone advise which brokerage can be used to place an order?

Cheers
hey, you got to ring them up to place an order, they are on the alternative exchange

Tony Two Gloves
30-07-2013, 03:18 PM
Direct Broking is the easiest way or email John Sorenson I'm sure he will sort you out!

sorenson@iwillsellatanyprice.co.nz

Rastas
30-07-2013, 03:20 PM
hey, you got to ring them up to place an order, they are on the alternative exchange

Right. Gotcha. Thanks Baller.

May wait for it to settle down before jumping in.... looks like a bit of activity over the last couple of days.

ari
30-07-2013, 04:04 PM

May wait for it to settle down before jumping in.... looks like a bit of activity over the last couple of days.
Yep, 'never buy to early or sell too late'!

baller18
31-07-2013, 10:31 AM
Snk opened with 95,000 parcel at 12.5cents...

Copper
31-07-2013, 11:42 AM

It's taken on a different look in last few days.Close buying side nearly 200'000.Same number for sale at 129/130 but then its blue sky till other sellers eventuate.Chartists of which I am not one may take a look at the movement.If AGM turns out to be positive then the move may continue.No doubt the Sorenson factor will appear on this site sometime but I haven't seen him lately. May be on holiday..

baller18
31-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Yup if the AGM is +ve, by looking at it, it will continue that is the sorensen factor doesn't come into play!!!

So my concern is, when will he appear???!!!!

Tony Two Gloves
31-07-2013, 11:54 AM
It's taken on a different look in last few days.Close buying side nearly 200'000.Same number for sale at 129/130 but then its blue sky till other sellers eventuate.Chartists of which I am not one may take a look at the movement.If AGM turns out to be positive then the move may continue.No doubt the Sorenson factor will appear on this site sometime but I haven't seen him lately. May be on holiday..
I think the contract Moosie took out on him has been fulfilled !

baller18
31-07-2013, 12:03 PM
12.8cent lot gone. 25k turnover today, not bad..

lastmoa
31-07-2013, 12:24 PM
I think the contract Moosie took out on him has been fulfilled !

The rise seems to be on reflection from the traction FB is now getting the mobile advertising space. Most stocks in this arena seem to be also showing gains - or the ASX one's at least. Don't think this rise can be attributed to what SNAKK is doing per se.
Look fwd to AGM though to hear their progress.

Copper
31-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Agreed, the FB effect in play. Or the marlet knows something we don't about that $6.5M we handed Mr Handley...

If we ignore Sorenson and the other large seller,we are getting near that situation when a prominent newspaper article or TV one news item stating the fact of a Company with 6.5 mill in the bank with a low unit shareprice and in the same advertising space as Facebook and we would see 18 cents by end of call.I don't for one moment think this will happen but if it did you need to be in and not watching.That's where the gamble is.

gv1
31-07-2013, 01:11 PM
See, the market shouldn't be about gambling (if you do your homework and invest with your brain and not emotions...).

SNK is a gamble because of the Sorensen wildcard; that card is non-quantifiable and I can't predict what he will do on any given day, so I am out until he is gone. If you want to gamble, go right ahead, but my money is with other companies that don't have this black cloud hanging around...
As far is he is not interfering with the mgt. He can sell at whatever price he wants to. If the co will show growth, why not. Its sorenson who will miss out.
Maybe, US investors have realised the potential in this co and are investing.

Tony Two Gloves
31-07-2013, 01:29 PM
I don't think so GV1 with $30K so far today it is hardly going to be a US Hedge Fund. Personally think the FB effect is helping all these stocks along and may have made Mr Sorenson rethink his strategy. He has probably sold sufficient that the balance of his shares doesn't owe him much if anything and he now can't lose so why not hold out for 0.20 or better and sell when this thing gets some traction. I have met him on several occasions and like him or loathe him he is a very smart guy so if he see's this thing has legs he will ride with it IMHO.

gv1
31-07-2013, 01:38 PM
I don't think so GV1 with $30K so far today it is hardly going to be a US Hedge Fund. Personally think the FB effect is helping all these stocks along and may have made Mr Sorenson rethink his strategy. He has probably sold sufficient that the balance of his shares doesn't owe him much if anything and he now can't lose so why not hold out for 0.20 or better and sell when this thing gets some traction. I have met him on several occasions and like him or loathe him he is a very smart guy so if he see's this thing has legs he will ride with it IMHO.
Thanks Tony,
That was the hypothetical answer as US investors. There must be something good about the business rather than the shareholder.

baller18
31-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Well 40k now, quite a large volume compared to the past month lol.
Yes, one thing I don't understand why would Derek handley point out he wants to create many "cheap stocks" doesn't sound good???

baller18
31-07-2013, 01:48 PM
Wonder if it will break the 50k mark today, could still be on the up trend for a few days...

baller18
31-07-2013, 02:00 PM
I just told ya why!
haha yes! I got ya moosie!
But is he implying introducing more of these little cheap stocks after the takeovers/mergers happen? or before? makes a big difference don't u think so..

baller18
31-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Yes MBE definitely has a better outlook.
Funny thing is, SNK's volume is beating DIL's lol!!!

Copper
31-07-2013, 03:21 PM
MBE. Looks the part.Mobile advertising etc.......Like Snakk very volatile .2 to 5.5 and are now 4.3......These stocks are still punts and subject to whims and Sorenson effects,but be realistic you can be blindsided very easily.When Snakk were 10 we were too scared to go above that and they are now up over 25% and the seller wasn't Sorenson but the other large original shareholder.Sorenson won't advise any more about his selling because he does not have to.Forget him...

baller18
31-07-2013, 03:23 PM
back down to buyers at 12.3...

hilskin
31-07-2013, 04:00 PM
You really got to let this Sorensen thing go Moosie:)
I look at snakk as a long term investment so see what Sorensen/HPF Investments Limited ??? have been doing as a positive. Don't laugh
Selling more shares to more investors will hopefully lead to more liquidity in the future. The slower the SP goes up the better in the long run to avoid volatility and it is probably safe to say most of the people who were in for the quick buck are gone now, ah mossie;).

Copper
31-07-2013, 04:32 PM
Sorensen is still at 6.68% holding, so he still has 2 more notices to give (1 for a 1% change, then a last one for under 5%).

Baller, we need to see much higher volume above 12 cents to see the uptrend go anywhere. Ignore the daily noise until it matters, your nerves will thank you.

Apologies Moosie.For some reason I had him under 5% .Must be getting a bit senile.Even when he gets under 5% he still has a good holding if still a seller.My thoughts are that none of the parties close to the Company would be dealing too much so close to the AGM.Imagine being asked to explain by the NZSE on a sudden drop on high turnover.

hilskin
31-07-2013, 04:39 PM
No worries Moosie, i'm pretty sure most of us here are happy with the effort you have put in and it has quite possibly been the catalyst for the way the sp has improved slightly. Don't give up on snakk, read over your original posts to see why you originally invested in snakk, nothing has really changed.

baller18
31-07-2013, 04:57 PM
Yes, thanks for everything moosie!

chad321
31-07-2013, 09:11 PM
http://www.theage.com.au/digital-life/mobiles/twothirds-of-aussies-own-a-smartphone-report-20130729-2quj1.html

Copper
02-08-2013, 11:56 AM
[QUOTE=moosie_900;419264]I have no idea, you'll have to ask the man himself if you want to know.

Looks like our SPP people are dumping a bit while the SP is up.

To be honest, I am liking MBE more and more everyday compared to SNK (nearly 1/3 the market cap, diversified AND making a profit with much larger revenues...)[/
I looked at MBE and as I am no analyst I couldn't come to grips with the soft quarter they had and the small increase in revenue over last year comparable period.Are they one of those companies that have revenue falling at odd times of the year rather than consistent.I know it's not Snakk but you may know.Hope u don't mind me asking.I came across you in Arria making a comment so u are well travelled.That came up due to a newspaper article yesterday or day before about investments by Davey Ross and some other well known investors.Regards...

ari
02-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Annual Report
https://www.nzx.com/companies/SNK/announcements/239265

False Profit
03-08-2013, 07:33 AM
I do dislike the tone of the annual report and wish they'd keep it relevant and lose the 'chatty' aspect.

"All in all, the team at Snakk believe we’ve had a cracker of a year and are only just getting started."

Translated...

"What you're going to read later is that we haven't done as well as we thought we would. But we're mates so stick with us. Beer anyone?"

ari
03-08-2013, 09:01 AM
Least the staff are enjoying themselves as evident with pics on Facebook on Jeans for Genes Day!
Also noticed this comment on SeaDragon's Annual Report...Snakk asset is now classed as 'asset held for sale'...where's the faith?

baller18
03-08-2013, 09:55 AM
obviously there is none from sorensen and seadragon, but it makes sense why seadragon wants to exit, they have absolutely nothing to do with them.

watch the seadragon sale very closely for whoever buys it, could be the entry point for a prospective acquisition partner...
Is it good for SNK if an acquisition purchases Snk?

baller18
03-08-2013, 10:04 AM
lol @ the nuthouse.
Thanks moosie!
Hey, BTW can you take at the thread I've posted up for Newbies corner when you have time... Be much appreciated.
Once again, thanks heaps!

see weed
03-08-2013, 02:54 PM
in a manner of speaking yes, if they offer a good price. buying seadragons lot would provide an initial foothold for a potential takeover. look at what happened to FPH when a favourable price was offered by Haier. then again, you can have a hostile takeover (take a look at NEW for that one). however, knowing mr handleys stance on takeovers, he will be favourable to one if the price is right.

this is all speculation and nothing has happened yet, so if you buy in now and a) lose money or b) have to wait an extremely long time for a takeover (VERY likely) then you can only blame the talking internet moose, which will probably get you sent to the nuthouse...

A very sad day when haier took over FPA. All that 70 years technology,patents etc. all gone forever. All the talk about promoting F&P into the 30,000 outlets in China, none of it eventuated,while still in NZ share holders hands. What hurts me now is seeing FPA addvertising on tv knowing it is really haier, and all the profits going back to China. I will never buy another F&P appliance. Sorry to bring this up on Snakk forum, but it's been eating away at me for the last 12 months. Now back to Snakk.....

etrader
03-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Ok back to snakk

Balance
06-08-2013, 10:01 AM
http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?7768-OMG-Orion-Minerials-Group&highlight=orion

A cautionary tale - see the similarities?

Rastas
06-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Interesting.... http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/facebook-ruining-facebook-again-come-video-ads-123156462.html

etrader
06-08-2013, 09:53 PM
When is the first quarter results due given they are in nzax ?

Thanks for link interesting in your face ads

chad321
09-08-2013, 02:45 PM
https://www.nzx.com/companies/SNK/announcements/239503

baller18
09-08-2013, 03:17 PM
In addition to the information about the Annual Meeting, we'd also like to
take this opportunity to let you know about an analyst update released on 30
July - independent research company Edison Investment Research has narrowed
its valuation to 14-17 cents, up from their initial low-end valuation point
of 10.9c when they published their inaugural review of Snakk in April

Not too sure how much impact the valuation from Edison will have on the SP...

chad321
09-08-2013, 03:37 PM
9% rise after that announcement so far.

CJ
09-08-2013, 03:37 PM
In addition to the information about the Annual Meeting, we'd also like to
take this opportunity to let you know about an analyst update released on 30
July - independent research company Edison Investment Research has narrowed
its valuation to 14-17 cents, up from their initial low-end valuation point
of 10.9c when they published their inaugural review of Snakk in April

Not too sure how much impact the valuation from Edison will have on the SP...Wasn't the range back then something like 10-20c, so all they have done is narrow the range around the mid point.

Copper
09-08-2013, 04:00 PM
For all the people who aren't part of this site it will read particularly well. Has a bit of confidence about it.No doubt we will revert back to Sorenson and Sea Dragon and SMS in quick time.I hope not.

Balance
09-08-2013, 04:06 PM
9% rise after that announcement so far.

Yes, on 2118 shares.

Minerbarejet
09-08-2013, 07:23 PM
And where will you be, Moosie, when he does? Watching, waiting ,holding or up in Auckland buying up all that flash prizewinning maple syrup flavoured bacon:D
Now theres an idea for a snakk

chad321
09-08-2013, 10:48 PM
haha. Come on guys. If the company makes you think too much about between meal meals...... ;)

robbo24
13-08-2013, 01:18 PM
I have a small holding of Snakk. I got my voting papers in the mail today. Any other holders out there have thoughts on this?

Tony Two Gloves
13-08-2013, 03:05 PM
If it wasn't on such glossy paper I could recommend a use for them!

robbo24
13-08-2013, 03:42 PM
If it wasn't on such glossy paper I could recommend a use for them!

I'll be a director if you like?

see weed
13-08-2013, 09:32 PM
Is there any body out there going to the meeting. Here' s your chance to ask the questions.

Tony Two Gloves
14-08-2013, 11:31 AM
I'll vote for you Robbo24, hopefully you will get truck loads of options issued at 0.06 like the rest and we can come to some arrangement......that is if the SP is over 0.06 of course!

Minerbarejet
14-08-2013, 12:57 PM
I'll be a director if you like?
What are you looking for -snakkolades? :)

robbo24
15-08-2013, 12:16 AM
What are you looking for -snakkolades? :)

I'd more than likely be snakked in the head by moosie

chad321
15-08-2013, 10:50 AM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10912751

see weed
15-08-2013, 09:44 PM
Dear Snakk shareholder

As a Snakk shareholder I'd like to warmly invite you to join us for an evening of discussion hosted by Snakk Media. Our topic is the fastest growing mobile and tablet market and how tomorrow's marketers and consumers will adapt to a world filled with more "smart screens".

Where: St Paul Reeves building, 55 Wellesley Street, AUT University, City Campus, Auckland

When: Monday 26th August 6.00 pm (following the Snakk Media AGM)
RSVP Click here and let us know you are coming

Our presenters and panel experts who live at the intersection of media and technology will reflect on the increasing number of channels and "smart screens" permeating our lives -- how will consumers cope and what opportunities are arising, particularly when we know these screens can inform marketers where we are, what we are doing, and when we are doing it!

If you are unable to attend you can always watch the full event online from wherever you are. Simply go to www.snk.co.nz/2013-AGM (http://www.snk.co.nz/2013-AGM) and watch the live stream video on the day.

Please feel free to pass this invitation to anyone who may find this event interesting; however, the event has strictly limited numbers so don't forget to RSVP so we can save a space for you.

This is the email i got from Snakk media, and might interest some people.

Tony Two Gloves
20-08-2013, 01:16 PM
So did anybody go to the meeting?

robbo24
20-08-2013, 01:23 PM
So did anybody go to the meeting?

It's next week, isn't it?

ari
20-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Yep, it's the 26th....
If you are unable to attend you can always watch the full event online from wherever you are. Simply go to www.snk.co.nz/2013-AGM and watch the live-stream video on the day.

Blendy
20-08-2013, 02:40 PM
I intend on going to the meeting, since it's at my uni already, so that's pretty handy. Anyone else going?

Minerbarejet
20-08-2013, 03:11 PM
Yep, it's the 26th....
If you are unable to attend you can always watch the full event online from wherever you are. Simply go to www.snk.co.nz/2013-AGM (http://www.snk.co.nz/2013-AGM) and watch the live-stream video on the day.
Do we get ads with that?:lol:

Tony Two Gloves
20-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Sorry team thought it was yesterday, which means it must be the wife's birthday next Monday - thought she looked surprised at the flowers......

lastmoa
20-08-2013, 05:27 PM
I intend on going to the meeting, since it's at my uni already, so that's pretty handy. Anyone else going?

I am planning to be there too.

Theracay
20-08-2013, 09:16 PM

Staff or student?

Balance
21-08-2013, 07:38 AM
I am planning to be there too.

Ask why they decided to use a backdoor listing, and from the folks who were associated with Plus SMS?

see weed
21-08-2013, 11:25 AM

I'll be there, and look forward to the snaks and nibbles afterwards.

lastmoa
21-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Ask why they decided to use a backdoor listing, and from the folks who were associated with Plus SMS?

Can you fill me in on the background there. I do remember the promising Plus SMS that rose to lofty heights and then got delisted.

see weed
21-08-2013, 11:33 AM

Two things you could do....Go to the meeting and ask, or email Mark Ryan, he is very approachable

baller18
21-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Weird how buyers are stacking up before the AGM and Q announcement.
Will the SP take off since there was such a large increase revenue with mobile advertising? interesting...
So many sellers want to get out at 12 cents as well... Hmmm....

Blendy
21-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Staff or student?
I'm an MBA student. Are you staff or student too perhaps?

Theracay
21-08-2013, 03:51 PM
I'm an MBA student. Are you staff or student too perhaps?

Student.
I don't hold Snakk plus I got work so not going.

baller18
21-08-2013, 06:08 PM
wow, someone bailed out of 10M shares after close today at 9 cents. if its sorenson, expect a rise. anyone else, expect a dive as that will act as a new target price for investors. china scot is the closest holder with that number, but guess we may see an SSH soon...
Huh? It closed at 11.6 cents didn't it?
When did it occur? I see it now, however, asb still has the closing price at 11.6cents, but VWAP as 9 cents like you said!!!
****! So tomorrow we will see the SP back at 9 cents?!! arghhhhhhhhh
If someone bailed out at 9 cents, how come all those buy order didn't get filled ranging from 9 cents all the way to 11.6 cents..

etrader
21-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Won't be china Scott from memory that is Derek's company in Hong Kong souls be sea dragon.

baller18
21-08-2013, 06:19 PM
haha thanks moosie!
So how did the 9 cents transaction go through? if those buys didn't get filled?

Copper
21-08-2013, 06:41 PM
very thin volume baller, and buyers are still very wary because of you know who. buyers are in control and will wait until announcement is out before jumping in again. if Handley says the $6.5M is being used for an acquisition then we wouls see a push above 12, but I'm not holding my breath at all...

My intuition says that someone associated with the company cannot sell so close to AGM etc or they would be sent to the SFO.With all the hype for the AGM and party evening it probably is Sorenson or the like who have no direct connection other than as shareholders. In which case it's two sellers as Sorenson has not got that number left in his company.It would then be a weight lifted from possible selling.Am I on the right path do you think Moosie ?..It may be them above answering one of your questions.

off market trade. brokers have large investors on their books who will buy/sell large amounts that would usually shoot the market up/down if put on market. they are matched with other buyers/sellers and a trade is made if they are matched. also known as the "dark pool" ;)

etrader
21-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Is hpf the bakery boys ?

Dentie
22-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Gee, talk about a rough ride in this Company.

Makes me wonder why some even want to be involved...a lot seem to panic at the drop of a hat.

Maybe the nervous ones should stick to the blue chips....

Minerbarejet
22-08-2013, 10:18 AM
Ouch, here come the panic sellers...
getting ready to snakkumulate are you Moosie.:)

Balance
22-08-2013, 11:04 AM
Ouch, here come the panic sellers...

Ramp 'em up, and sell 'em down.

Almost as boring as watch a repetitive freezing works clip.

Why do you people do this to yourself?

Blendy
22-08-2013, 02:48 PM
off topic but intriguing... 40 spots at the AGM have just been offered to AUT MBA students... presumably this means they haven't had quite the turnout of RSVP's expected for the extravaganza?

J R Ewing
22-08-2013, 03:10 PM
How are they selling that one? Come and hear the guys behind one of the smallest cap companies on the NZX talk blue sky and the other bs? Or are they offering free food and drinks!

Balance
22-08-2013, 03:22 PM
How are they selling that one? Come and hear the guys behind one of the smallest cap companies on the NZX talk blue sky and the other bs? Or are they offering free food and drinks!

Blue skies?

Try Plus SMS - company was going to be a billion dollar global leader!

Blendy
22-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Oh it's only 20, but check out Derek Handley's title!

"Derek Handley, Adjunct Executive Professor AUT Business School, has extended an invitation to 20 staff and students to join the Snakk AGM on Monday 26th August."

kizame
22-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Blue skies?

Try Plus SMS - company was going to be a billion dollar global leader!

My gosh forget Plus SMS,it's history, You are as bad as Moosie.

etrader
22-08-2013, 06:36 PM
When plus SMS was around smart phones didn't exist like now iPhone didn't exist, and it was just a text promise with code words, not excusing that is was a bad company. At least Snk is a true company with real cash flow and cash in the bank.

Minerbarejet
22-08-2013, 06:53 PM
dont know if anyone else has this impression but it seems a bit like a cult developing here - sort of half expecting Density to show up shortly.
see post 1642 from blendy

winner69
22-08-2013, 07:17 PM
dont know if anyone else has this impression but it seems a bit like a cult developing here - sort of half expecting Density to show up shortly.
see post 1642 from blendy

How movements/cults start

http://www.ted.com/talks/derek_sivers_how_to_start_a_movement.html

winner69
22-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Balance - I think you have pissed etrader off comparing SNK with Plus SMS

etrader
22-08-2013, 07:24 PM
No guys not at all just trying to put a line in the Sand that they are very different, plus was valued at up to 250 mil at one stage and hasn't turned over a cent.

Blue Horseshoe
22-08-2013, 07:26 PM

Get your facts right it wasn't a backdoor listing, it was a new listing on the nzax and name one of the Plus sms folks?.

Blue Horseshoe
22-08-2013, 08:03 PM
yerrr, it was backdoor...

My memory must be fading, remind what nzax company they backdoor-ed into.

http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/08/back-door-listing.asp

Balance
23-08-2013, 08:53 AM
Here's your seller of the 10M share parcel:

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/180284.pdf

Better hope Sorenson didn't buy more!

So a quick flick out at 10c or 11c makes the buyer(s) a quick $100,000 to $200,000.

Good for traders.

Ramp 'em up and sell 'em down.

RTM
23-08-2013, 09:14 AM
Claridge capital? can't remember but sorenson is involved in thwm through that

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/179428.pdf

SeaDragon Limited Annual Report 2013
(Formerly Claridge Capital Limited)

Also.....

"During the year ended 31 March 2012, SeaDragon Limited subscribed for 25,000,000 new ordinary fully paid shares in Snakk Media Limited at an aggregate issue price of $225,000 (0.9 cents per share). The shareholding represented approximately 13.9% of the total number of shares on issue in Snakk Media Limited at the time of the subscription."

CJ
23-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Here's your seller of the 10M share parcel:

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/180284.pdf

Better hope Sorenson didn't buy more!Other than the chatter on this thread, I dont really follow this stop. Were these shares sold onmarket or an offmarket placement. Do we know who purchased them (long term or traders?)?

Balance
23-08-2013, 09:34 AM
https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/179428.pdf

SeaDragon Limited Annual Report 2013
(Formerly Claridge Capital Limited)

Also.....

"During the year ended 31 March 2012, SeaDragon Limited subscribed for 25,000,000 new ordinary fully paid shares in Snakk Media Limited at an aggregate issue price of $225,000 (0.9 cents per share). The shareholding represented approximately 13.9% of the total number of shares on issue in Snakk Media Limited at the time of the subscription."

Nice profit for SeaDragon - well done!

Balance
23-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Going to take a little while for the market to absorb this 10m shares.

Funny how all the bids at 9.5c, 10c, 10.5c etc have all mysteriously disappeared!

You want stock, sit at 9.1c - matter of time.

boofters
23-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Im internalizing a difficult situation.
Why would or wouldn't I reduce my avg cost by buying more today...anyone here selling?

Balance
23-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Im internalizing a difficult situation.
Why would or wouldn't I reduce my avg cost by buying more today...anyone here selling?

Averaging down is for mugs.

CJ
23-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Going to take a little while for the market to absorb this 10m shares. They still have 15m to sell as well. Add that to Sorensons overhang ...

Toasty
23-08-2013, 10:51 AM
They still have 15m to sell as well. Add that to Sorensons overhang ...

I am disturbed by Sorensons overhang. I wish people would stop mentioning it.

Toasty
23-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Yup, not good.

Just because you stop mentioning it doesn't mean it goes away. I seriously think shareholders should grill Handley over this at the AGM.

Maybe Handley is comfortable with Sorensons overhang....

CJ
23-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Just because you stop mentioning it doesn't mean it goes away. I seriously think shareholders should grill Handley over this at the AGM.There is not much Handley can do re another persons shareholder,except talk up the company to funds in the hope they ask sorenson for an offmarket placement.

I guess at some point, Sorenson may choose to hold on to the balance of his holding, so he wont necessarily sell all of them. SeaDragon however have there whole holding as investment held for resale from memory.

Tony Two Gloves
23-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Averaging down is for mugs.
Not always Balance, I averaged down twice on DIL and while that makes me a mug twice over it has proven to be my best return ever in the Market! If you still have the belief in the company and can ride the swings I say go for it.

boofters
23-08-2013, 01:38 PM
yep TTG, I thought was a little rich from Balance, you've nailed it though, its all about belief and I do believe these guys are in the right industry at the right time...order placed...mind you I'll be lucky to get hold of them now ...they'll be at Euro eating abucket of prawns

Tony Two Gloves
23-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Wouldn't be a bad place to be on a Friday afternoon Boofters, some positive news on Monday at the meeting and you never know...

apac
24-08-2013, 10:52 AM
Yup, not good.

Just because you stop mentioning it doesn't mean it goes away. I seriously think shareholders should grill Handley over this at the AGM.

I've been reading this thread for a while, and I've kept quiet until now.

As people have questioned there's no reason to suggest it was Sorenson selling over the last few weeks and even if it was he wasn't the only one. 100k is just an easy number, it doesn't make anyone Sorenson just because they sell 100k. If Sorenson sell 80k does that make him someone else? Anyone would buy and sell lots of 1000 shares for more expensive shares like DIL or FPH. So likewise for an easy number buying and selling 100k snakk is reasonable.

Can we stop speculating its Sorenson and move on. It's getting old and sad. And it's certainly not helping the share price.

im not hopeful you would stop though. When someone believes in something so strongly they will find anything to support it. And like you said you think you are looking out for shareholders. You can tell ppl not to buy over 10 cents and I can tell anyone not to buy at all but you are not giving ppl both sides of the story. With shares if u don't buy u don't lose but u don't gain either.

if Sorenson is in fact having a go at selling and buying retail, which I don't think he would, he'll be too busy making other money or enjoying life, we would never know, there are too many ways he can do it. Does it really matter if he's doing it?

It's just sad this thread is dominated by Sorenson and he may not even be the one buying and selling.

Personally I think snakk is in good growth phase and share price has potential to go over $1, anyone wanting to play it safe will want to get their initial capital back when it's doubled, so we should see a lot of selling at 20 cents. Since volume is so low it won't go over 20 cents any time soon. Some will sell at 20 cents others will want to but end up having to sell slightly below coz they can't wait long enough. But once these are all done and company doing well, there will be momentum to drive share price up. I would like to see snakk become more liquid at some stage, and I'll hold my shares until there's no reason to hold anymore like dramatic decrease in revenue growth. I think anything above 70% revenue growth this year would be a fantastic result, hope they can surprise us with even better results at year end.

CJ
24-08-2013, 10:56 AM
It's just sad this thread is dominated by Sorenson and he may not even be the one buying and selling.
.OK. I wont meantion Sorenson. So what about the overhand caused by the Business Bakery boys and Sea Dragon ... ;)

While it maybe heading for $1, it isn't going to get their while the overhang from these three, sorry two remain. The talk is here because people agree with you re: direction but want to time their entry.

apac
24-08-2013, 11:08 AM
OK. I wont meantion Sorenson. So what about the overhand caused by the Business Bakery boys and Sea Dragon ... ;)

While it maybe heading for $1, it isn't going to get their while the overhang from these three, sorry two remain. The talk is here because people agree with you re: direction but want to time their entry.

Ok now we are talking. Seadragon made it clear they will sell at the right price. I suspect they could only sell 10m at 9 cents and they didn't want to go lower. They will do it off market and for that volume it has to be below market price (like bulk discount?). When xro directors and rod sold some of their shares it was below market price too.

I'm not sure how off market sales work but it hasn't dragged xro down but snakk could be different. So far its still at 11 cents tho

apac
24-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Ok now we are talking. Seadragon made it clear they will sell at the right price. I suspect they could only sell 10m at 9 cents and they didn't want to go lower. They will do it off market and for that volume it has to be below market price (like bulk discount?). When xro directors and rod sold some of their shares it was below market price too.

I'm not sure how off market sales work but it hasn't dragged xro down but snakk could be different. So far its still at 11 cents tho

Also if u r not a trader share price movements don't really matter much. If u hold 100k shares today at 11 cents, Monday it could be 12 cents. But what u really have is still 100k shares. Few weeks ago it went down to 8.5 cents but at that time u still held 100k shares. U haven't gained or lost any money either way. U still hold the same number of shares and ur bank balance hasn't changed

winner69
24-08-2013, 11:18 AM
How did Seadragon get these shares in ths first place

robbo24
24-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Can we stop speculating its Sorenson and move on. It's getting old and sad. And it's certainly not helping the share price.

if Sorenson is in fact having a go at selling and buying retail, which I don't think he would, he'll be too busy making other money or enjoying life, we would never know, there are too many ways he can do it. Does it really matter if he's doing it?

I get the sense that you are Sorenson. Welcome to the forum, Sorenson.

Balance
24-08-2013, 12:03 PM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10400441

Read this.

What has changed in NZX?

RTM
24-08-2013, 12:33 PM
How did Seadragon get these shares in ths first place

See post 1657...does that help ?

Dentie
24-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Can someone help me understand another learner's lesson please ...

What is the reasoning behind (and what are the rules for) being able to denominate a share purchase into tenth's of a cent? Why bother, given the minute amounts involved? Seems to be a waste of time, money etc and completely inefficient.

Thanks

winner69
24-08-2013, 01:23 PM
See post 1657...does that help ?

eah read that but then what dies this bit mean in the same report "The newly appointed Board of Directors of
SeaDragon, inherited Snakk as part of the
business combination in October"

Hell of an inheritence

CJ
24-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Ok now we are talking. Seadragon made it clear they will sell at the right price. I suspect they could only sell 10m at 9 cents and they didn't want to go lower. They will do it off market and for that volume it has to be below market price (like bulk discount?). When xro directors and rod sold some of their shares it was below market price too. true. They are not drip feeding it on to the the market. But if a fund did want to enter, they know they don't have to buy on market, pushing the price up, they can buy off market at a discount. It will still weigh on the price.

With XRO it is unknown if/when they will sell more.

apac
24-08-2013, 07:17 PM
I get the sense that you are Sorenson. Welcome to the forum, Sorenson.

I like the way you think. Well u r guessing and whereas I know who I am. No point for me to agree or deny I am who am. And you can think who u think I am

Minerbarejet
24-08-2013, 08:56 PM
all I got out of that is we are looking for a moose called Sorenson:)
I think Yoda you are, sending in Obi Ben Kenobi shall I be, or the neutered ginger turtles

winner69
25-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Was reading (skimming through) this scholarly paper on Behavioural Finance on which the author was trying to tie together the psychiatry of self deception and the concept of the "Folly of Fools" and how it related to investing on the stock market.

Was pretty scholarly but quite interesting none the less ......and some of the behaviours seem to be mirrored on this and other threads.

And no the author was not Balance's mate at the London School of Economics (or was it some other institution) that keeps tabs on a few threads on Sharetrader looking for raw material

Balance
25-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Was reading (skimming through) this scholarly paper on Behavioural Finance on which the author was trying to tie together the psychiatry of self deception and the concept of the "Folly of Fools" and how it related to investing on the stock market.

Was pretty scholarly but quite interesting none the less ......and some of the behaviours seem to be mirrored on this and other threads.

And no the author was not Balance's mate at the London School of Economics (or was it some other institution) that keeps tabs on a few threads on Sharetrader looking for raw material

Shhhhh ... W69.

This is one of the most fertile site for research.

Minerbarejet
25-08-2013, 03:19 PM
New York Times Sunday book review
He's a pothead. Says it all really

The Real Bud Fox
26-08-2013, 02:35 PM
Ouch, 170,000 clean sweeped all the way to 10 cents this morning. Not a good look before AGM time, Mr Handley better start buying to prop up the price!

Yep, a block worth $17k changing hands will really affect the fundamentals of a company with a market cap of more than $27m. Not.

I see there's some momentum around talking about the company's fundamentals rather than shareholding overhangs.

Hurrah. At last.

Balance
26-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Yep, a block worth $17k changing hands will really affect the fundamentals of a company with a market cap of more than $27m. Not.

I see there's some momentum around talking about the company's fundamentals rather than shareholding overhangs.

Hurrah. At last.

What fundamentals?

winner69
26-08-2013, 03:27 PM
New York Times Sunday book review
He's a pothead. Says it all really

You read the NY Times then

Their book reviews are pretty good ....but when you get to the music side too much classical stuff for my liking

chad321
26-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Really liking the presentation so far but am hating the feed quality. It's jumping all over the place :|

ari
26-08-2013, 04:45 PM
Interesting listening to live feed...it's not for dividends or short term profits for investors...Yeah right!
Except for the likes of Sorenson etc

ari
26-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Really liking the presentation so far but am hating the feed quality. It's jumping all over the place :|

Yeah, I've just lost It!

Blendy
26-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Lol at Derek's comments re discussions on online forums ;)

Blue Horseshoe
26-08-2013, 05:53 PM
Q1 revenue is posted as at $1.2M, not bad and on track for my forecast of ~$5M revenue this year (albeit with another loss!)

I was thinking more like 6M to 7M once they start M/A's with the 6M from SPP.

blu3
26-08-2013, 06:58 PM
They were probably laughing about snakking a moose?

Balance
26-08-2013, 07:55 PM
lol, I avoided the meeting in fear of Sorenson taking an axe to me and the hordes of snakk holders making me into snakk sausages and hors d'ouvres!

Haha - let him try, Moosie.

He will find that this time round he is against dark forces which will be unleashed against him and his partners.

gv1
26-08-2013, 08:05 PM
What transpired.. I missed it, electrician came home when I was watching the presentation. Had to switch it off. How does it look like?

Blue Horseshoe
26-08-2013, 09:09 PM
Did he say how New Zealand is full of knockers and tall poppy cutters with no balance to their statements.

Blendy
26-08-2013, 09:16 PM
go on, what did he say?

sorry, got a bit sidetracked :)

He just mentioned that there was a lot of chatter and commentary in online forums about the situation with major shareholders selling down and that sort of thing, but the knowing way he said it made it clear to me (and judging by the laughs around the room) that he probably meant this one (along with Moosie's letter no doubt - which I thought was very constructive I might add, so thanks for doing that btw). So I wonder if he reads this thread, or has someone updating him with our views?

The whole event was very nicely done, great media presentations, all very slick as is to be expected from a media company. It will be interesting to see how it all works out in the long run :)

Balance
26-08-2013, 09:16 PM
Did he say how New Zealand is full of knockers and tall poppy cutters with no balance to their statements.

Yes, and how much Snakk and Plus SMS share a common heritage.

Blendy
26-08-2013, 09:19 PM
There were a lot of interesting stats on smartscreen media markets, such as it is currently 1% of advertiser's spend at the moment in NZ, but it was only a year or two ago that the same market held 1% in the UK, and it has now jumped to 27%. It seems that is the sort of expectation they have over the coming few years.

see weed
26-08-2013, 11:15 PM
Q1 revenue is posted as at $1.2M, not bad and on track for my forecast of ~$5M revenue this year (albeit with another loss!)

hi Moosie, Just got home from the meeting and the presentations. Plenty of food ,beer,wine and a band and lady singer, never been to a meeting with a band playing afterwards. Have you ever heard of a phablet? It is somewhere between a tablet and a smartphone. I took down a couple of notes....... 1.2 m 1st Q,.......but a lot lot more in the 3rd +4th Q , 46% year on year, 20 to 25% of market share, no nzx listing, big holders will eventually be flushed out. I don't know what it all means but it sounded good. Milford had someone there, so you might hear more about it in the paper at some stage.

Copper
27-08-2013, 07:05 AM
hi Moosie, Just got home from the meeting and the presentations. Plenty of food ,beer,wine and a band and lady singer, never been to a meeting with a band playing afterwards. Have you ever heard of a phablet? It is somewhere between a tablet and a smartphone. I took down a couple of notes....... 1.2 m 1st Q,.......but a lot lot more in the 3rd +4th Q , 46% year on year, 20 to 25% of market share, no nzx listing, big holders will eventually be flushed out. I don't know what it all means but it sounded good. Milford hadsomeone there, so you might hear more about it in the paper at some stage.

I think Brian Gaynor is the Milford man so if his lot were there it will surface somewhere for sure.He is the person who could take out the unmentionables at a bargain price sometime. May have even been involved with that 10 million lot.

winner69
27-08-2013, 07:34 AM
balance, snakk is actually making revenue and growth, something Plus SMS never did, even a single cent.

Wrong Moosie but don't let facts gets in the way of a good story eh - Plus SMS were relatively big (if 5 mill is BIG)

From their announcement in 2008 ..... Results show a
positive trend for the Company year over year. Total consolidated revenue was
NZD 5,602,455 compared to NZD 1,113,613 last year,

Huge year on year growth eh .... and bigger than SNK

Balance
27-08-2013, 07:53 AM
Wrong Moosie but don't let facts gets in the way of a good story eh - Plus SMS were relatively big (if 5 mill is BIG)

From their announcement in 2008 ..... Results show a
positive trend for the Company year over year. Total consolidated revenue was
NZD 5,602,455 compared to NZD 1,113,613 last year,

Huge year on year growth eh .... and bigger than SNK

Careful, W69 - you could soon receive a visit from the Enforcer.

But fear not, the real dark forces are gathering.

Who has more to lose this time?

ari
27-08-2013, 07:57 AM
Plenty of food ,beer,wine and a band and lady singer, never been to a meeting with a band playing
Getting worried now, didn't the Titanic have a band playing?

chad321
27-08-2013, 08:46 AM
I believe he only mentioned something along the lines of them being a publicly traded company and not being able to help who buys and sells. I'm hoping to be able to get my hands on the video again (especially the post AGM video as at that point I was forced to make dinner by the partner).

He also mentioned that he himself is going to offload a huge amount of his own shares. Half of which related to some kind of a loyalty scheme and the other which are going towards some charitable organization. Think it is being announced today?

Balance
27-08-2013, 08:55 AM
Thanks mate, and I suspect that ono-one at the AGM pushed that any further? Seems he is just brushing it off to be honest.

The most important question to ask is fairly obvious and not one poster has posed the question : "Why a back door listing"?

Balance
27-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Get your facts right it wasn't a backdoor listing, it was a new listing on the nzax and name one of the Plus sms folks?.

https://www.nzx.com/files/assets/reverse_and_backdoor_listings_guidance_note.pdf

"Compliance listings are similar to reverse and backdoor listings, in
that the listing is usually completed without the need to complete
disclosure documents under the Securities Act."

If it quakes like a duck and walks like a duck, it is a ....?

Balance
27-08-2013, 09:31 AM
http://www.afr.com/p/personal_finance/smart_money/traps_for_investors_in_backdoor_XrlfyUaOZuaMjyDtWj jHBI

Have a good read and then, ask Snakk why they went for a back door listing.

If they come out with a good answer (other than the usual crxp about listing costs etc), I will be the first one to invest with my ears pinned back.

Minerbarejet
27-08-2013, 09:32 AM
could be a flamingo

Balance
27-08-2013, 09:35 AM
This was the comment - I'm not saying I agree cause I don't know the details.

How much homework and research do you actually do (and bother doing) before posting?

You are but putty in the hands of those who are economical with the facts and the truth, if you do not learn fast.

CJ
27-08-2013, 10:01 AM
If Milford Funds do become interested, they could easily tidy up the register, taking out all the big holders that want out. That action, plus the fact they see it as a good investment, would be a very positive sign. Holders should have their fingers crosses. Traders should have their finger on the button.

Balance
27-08-2013, 10:02 AM
Relax Ballance, jeepers. That was just for your reference. I was just hoping to get a bit of closure on a conversation between you and horsehoe that had gone unfished!
At the end of the day I don't care much, not for your tone, nor the point at hand because I'm not invested in this company, just wanted to get the record straight.
Anyway I could go one but I don't want to waste my tme arguing with you.

Good.

The record is now straight.

Balance
27-08-2013, 10:05 AM
If Milford Funds do become interested, they could easily tidy up the register, taking out all the big holders that want out. That action, plus the fact they see it as a good investment, would be a very positive sign. Holders should have their fingers crosses. Traders should have their finger on the button.

That's not how Milford operates.

It will be more like Brian Gaynor attending the AGM to observe and write his observations soon in his column - he does not care much about back door listings, that much I know about him and Milford.

RTM
27-08-2013, 10:13 AM
http://www.afr.com/p/personal_finance/smart_money/traps_for_investors_in_backdoor_XrlfyUaOZuaMjyDtWj jHBI

Have a good read and then, ask Snakk why they went for a back door listing.

If they come out with a good answer (other than the usual crxp about listing costs etc), I will be the first one to invest with my ears pinned back.

Thanks for this Balance....quite educational.

CJ
27-08-2013, 10:16 AM

It will be more like Brian Gaynor attending the AGM to observe and write his observations soon in his column - he does not care much about back door listings, that much I know about him and Milford.Look at Milfords entry into BurgerFuel. Buying on market would have pushed the price up so they arranged their entry offmarket, in that case buying of Roberts, the main shareholder.

Milford is also happy to invest in early stage companies, either before listing, at listing or after listing. If Milford is happy with their growth story, the fact they did a backdoor/compliance listing will be irrelevant.

Having said all that, my guess is the at least one person from Milford attends every NZ listed companies AGM so you cant read to much into it.

zigzag
27-08-2013, 10:24 AM

It will be more like Brian Gaynor attending the AGM to observe and write his observations soon in his column - he does not care much about back door listings, that much I know about him and Milford.

Just for the record, it was not Brian Gaynor, but one of the younger guys from Milford. It does seem to be part of Milford's culture to attend meetings and to be active and open shareholders. The same guy who spoke at the Snakk meeting also raised a few matters at the Dorchester meeting.

zigzag
27-08-2013, 10:28 AM
About backdoor listings - Don't forget that Charlies and Abano were both backdoor listing, and both did pretty well.

winner69
27-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Probably Superlife having a look .... They seem pretty keen on these specs

But may wait until new cash is needed

winner69
27-08-2013, 10:48 AM
Still wondering how Seadragon 'inherited' their 25 mill shares

Must be a story behind that

RTM
27-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Agree. Seems a bit out of left field for a Fish Oil company.
Maybe it goes back to their origin as Claridge Capital Limited ?

winner69
27-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Agree. Seems a bit out of left field for a Fish Oil company.
Maybe it goes back to their origin as Claridge Capital Limited ?

The Claridge who once owned a company called Snakk Media?

winner69
27-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Moosie ... ever seen a PLS chart

History is interesting sometime

loon
27-08-2013, 11:11 AM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/nelson-mail/news/9087304/Fish-oil-demand-drives-expansion Having trouble with links so not sure if this will work but the article was in last night's Nelson mail.

RTM
27-08-2013, 12:01 PM
The Claridge who once owned a company called Snakk Media?

Gawd....don't know how one would figure it all out. I guess so. Couple of interesting links.
http://www.seadragon.co.nz/assets/Claridge%20Capital%20Interim%20Report%202011.pdf
http://www.investogain.co.nz/company/claridge-capital-limited-12623
On the second one look at previous names.
Wow...what a history.

whatsup
27-08-2013, 01:12 PM
Still wondering how Seadragon 'inherited' their 25 mill shares

Must be a story behind that

Angle investor via Sean Joyce connections.

ari
27-08-2013, 02:57 PM
On the second one look at previous names.
Wow...what a history.
Yep and as a mug, I'm still in there. Started journey in Aquaria21 days and got burnt.....still waiting for the triple rainbow!

Balance
27-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Bloody Plus SMS chart.

Don't remind me. An example of what happened to the Clown when he chased momentum and not pay attention to industry knowledge, the people or fundamentals. "It's a cellphone advertising thingy and everyone is getting a cellphone and texts - must be a winner".

Good news is I only lost around $5500. I invest with larger sums these days, and with more wisdom.

Disc - not in Snakk.

That's the critical thing, isn't it, STC - to learn from our experiences and to pass on our experiences, especially the bad ones.

I know of lawyers, accountants, CEOs and doctors who went into Plus SMS.

winner69
27-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Bloody Plus SMS chart.

Don't remind me. An example of what happened to the Clown when he chased momentum and not pay attention to industry knowledge, the people or fundamentals. "It's a cellphone advertising thingy and everyone is getting a cellphone and texts - must be a winner".

Good news is I only lost around $5500. I invest with larger sums these days, and with more wisdom.

Disc - not in Snakk.

Sorry for bringing back memories sparks.

What you say is still relevant today - "It's a cellphone advertising thingy and everyone is getting a cellphone and texts - must be a winner".

Sounds a bit like today except technology has changed. The reason most are investing today is "it's a mobile advertising thingy and everyone is getting a mobile device and connecting - must be a winner"

And no doubt a few years ago what Plus were doing involved a small % of total advertising budgets - just like mobile apparently is only 2% now and heading to 27% - must be a winner.

I know marketing people are 'embracing' consumers more and more .....web, mobile and all that.

So somebody has to help with that 'embracing" - the likes of SNK and MBE

I have a sizeable chunk of MBE. In spite of a reasonable amount of research I still have no idea how they make money, where does their cash flow come from.

Some 118 pages of stuff on SNK and nothing about where their cash comes from. mBE is even a greater mystery.

Does anybody actually know where the likes of SNK and MBE get their income from? What are the drivers of income?

Do they charge for creative? Get a cut on each time a ad appears? Or when a mobile voucher is redeemed? I have no real idea.

All I know Plus got 50 cents everytime somebody texted Coke or other big names. A sure winner.

Interested in extending my knowledge

Copper
27-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Heh Winner....you may get an avalanche of posts as the question has been asked and answered many times before.They arrange advertising on phones tablets etc and clip the ticket every time someone responds.That's my very simple view but no doubt you will get an array of high tech answers soon.
Regards

Copper
27-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Wow, cheers winner, always been interested to see one! So are you saying, on that basis, that Snakk's exponential gain was on the first day, and that it is all down hill from here? If I was in on that stock I would have sold out fast, gains like that can never be sustained unless growth is also exponential (e.g. XRO, although I'm having doubts about that now as well!) The charts would have sent a very clear signal on that one!

Moosie..... Re the comment on Xero there was an interesting post that said if you are not in Xero when their Americas Cup presentation takes place to US accountants then you may miss out.It will be interesting to see if that timing is successful and creates interest.
Regards

boofters
28-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Anyone looking at buying Snakk right now, just remember, most think that averaging down is for fools!

Yes. I work for a business that spent over 19 million last year on advertising. This business now has over 50% of internet touchpoints via mobile devices, it seems a no brainer that some of this spend will be focussed within the SNK domain for 2013/14?...surely.

gv1
28-08-2013, 11:42 AM
Oh yes, I wholeheartedly believe that boofters, but that is not the point regarding my response. There are other elements at play here and they have a dramatic effect on the SP irrelevant to what Snakk does. See the MULTIPLE posts back further to see what I mean.

I guess if the company is making money and not insolvent thats what matters the most, at what price people choose to sell their shares is irrelevant. They are the ones who will lose out.
I know its painful to see whats going on but as s/holders we have to make sure that co does what they say and open about things.

Balance
28-08-2013, 11:43 AM
So a quick flick out at 10c or 11c makes the buyer(s) a quick $100,000 to $200,000.

Good for traders.

Ramp 'em up and sell 'em down.

And they are selling 'em down.

Only 9.6m shares to go?

whatsup
28-08-2013, 12:00 PM
And selling down hard they are. Any time someone puts in a 9.5 bid it is gobbled up. No room for trading here unless you get lucky. Also noted is the large parcel buyer. Wonder who that is...

Looks like .095 is the bottom, fair enough price IMHO.

whatsup
28-08-2013, 12:48 PM
GV were you at the AGM? If so did anyone push SNK on the large shareholder issue?

T, I was and I can honestly say that most of what has been posted here on the snakk chat site since the AGM is sooooo wide of the mark, this is a early stage enterprise so please dont read too much into every "pimple" that errupts!

see weed
28-08-2013, 12:48 PM
GV were you at the AGM? If so did anyone push SNK on the large shareholder issue?

Yes........ The answer....Snakk can not control how shareholders decide to buy or sell Snakk shares . The big shareholders will eventually be flushed out. Looking at last weeks 10mil , off market sale by Sea drag., seems like a good way to do it, without affecting the share price to much.

gv1
28-08-2013, 12:55 PM

Sorry no. As much as I wanted to but the timing of AGM was beyond my control.

Balance
28-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Yes........ The answer....Snakk can not control how shareholders decide to buy or sell Snakk shares . The big shareholders will eventually be flushed out. Looking at last weeks 10mil , off market sale by Sea drag., seems like a good way to do it, without affecting the share price to much.

Of course Snakk can - it's a backdoor listing so restrictions could have been placed on big foundation shareholders selling out.

Why weren't the restrictions placed?

More to the point, why a back door listing?

see weed
28-08-2013, 01:01 PM
I guess if the company is making money and not insolvent thats what matters the most, at what price people choose to sell their shares is irrelevant. They are the ones who will lose out.
I know its painful to see whats going on but as s/holders we have to make sure that co does what they say and open about things.

They said at the meeting , even if Snakk was not making any money , the funds raised at the spp. would keep Snakk going until 2021...8 years..... But they are making money , so no worries.

JohnnyTheHorse
28-08-2013, 01:05 PM
They said at the meeting , even if Snakk was not making any money , the funds raised at the spp. would keep Snakk going until 2021...8 years..... But they are making money , so no worries.

Uh, no they aren't... they are losing money. Good to see you've done your research.

Balance
28-08-2013, 01:07 PM

Snakk is making money?

What are the forecasts for the next 2 years - sales, profits, capital expenditure, cash burn etc?

Get an idea now why they went the back door?

whatsup
28-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Thanks everyone, appreciate the replies.
Whatsup, care to correct some of the inacuracies that have been posted here since AGM? Cheers.

One of the so called elephants is the overhang shares held by, Sorrenson, Seadraggons and the 42 below boys, from what I was told by a Snakk exc that a adventuresome insto could take them out in one hit , they have already tried a low ball offer that was rebuffed, they may return with a higher offer but once they have been placed the sp will not be at these levels, believe me. Then all will claim "I could have bought at sub .10- what a mug I was etc ", remember the XRO share price was static at $1.50 for over 2 years before they moved, its early days yet with SNN.

whatsup
28-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Cheers whatsup, duly noted. Hope someone is man enough to buy them out and end this sorry saga! When they are gone you can bet I will be back into SNK :)

Maybe they have already gone as the S P has upped by 5% + !!

Balance
28-08-2013, 01:21 PM
I shall this for the final time: COMPLIANCE LISTING

https://www.nzx.com/files/assets/rev...dance_note.pdf

"Compliance listings are similar to reverse and backdoor listings, in
that the listing is usually completed without the need to complete
disclosure documents under the Securities Act."

To me Compliance listing is worse than backdoor listing - appearance of decency but same smelly unwashed undies.

whatsup
28-08-2013, 01:49 PM
That's not accurate. Regardless I'm not sure a comparison between XRO and SNK has much merit anyway.

I'm also not really sure what you point is (in terms of correcting innacuracies on this forum) - that an insto came in with a ridiculasly low offer and the large shareholders said no doesnt really mean much does it?

EDIT: Not having a go at you man, just trying to get a better handle an what appears to be quite a complicated company. I do a have long term interest in this company (as Ive said before) just not holding now.

T in terms of the comparrison XRO vs Snn, Rome was not born in a day , yes XRO ( as a example of a recently launched company) was at the $1.50 level for approx 2 years, patience is needed with ALL newly listed companies, XRO and SNN and not the same types of companies, SNN is a media co and XRO is a accounting company.

"The ridiculous offer" spoken about was just to show that the elephant in the room can be resoulved very easily, its all about price, after all that new acquirer may want to off load some time in the future, they are afterall a "trader in shares".

winner69
28-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Fair enough mate, I see where you are coming from.

From the other point of view though, particularly seeing that it is clear large shareholders want to sell down/out, it would seem obvious that IF a big buyer came in with a good offer the problem would be solved. Got to find one first though and that is obviously an issue!

Also, knowing all this it begs the question why did SNK not do anything about locking up the shares of these guys for a reasonable period post SPP?

The whole thing at the very least seems to have been executed poorly from a shareholders perspective (arguably even a bit fishy). Hindsight is a wonderful thing but from the crazy first day of trading, to the pump up in SP from the commissioned? Edison report(s), to the SPP, and subsequent share sell down by large investors....

They might still have the confidence of some of the original investors (they have certainly lost a few along the way though), but at the very least they have done a very poor job in building any confidence in prospective investors, and that is quite a shame for potentially a really promising company.

I hope that all the issues get sorted, but for now they are not, and until they are I think SNK is in for a rough ride.

Seadragon is an 'original' investor ......a reluctant one and not one in the true sense of being an original investor who put real cash in to make the idea work.

Them selling out means nothing in respect if showing confidence or lack of it in the company ...laughing all the way to the bank methinks

C'mon Superlife .....you are wanted ....another opportunity to add to your spec portfolio ..MAD WDT etc

Copper
28-08-2013, 06:52 PM
T in terms of the comparrison XRO vs Snn, Rome was not born in a day , yes XRO ( as a example of a recently launched company) was at the $1.50 level for approx 2 years, patience is needed with ALL newly listed companies, XRO and SNN and not the same types of companies, SNN is a media co and XRO is a accounting company.

"The ridiculous offer" spoken about was just to show that the elephant in the room can be resoulved very easily, its all about price, after all that new acquirer may want to off load some time in the future, they are afterall a "trader in shares".

Well said..... Between yourself and Moosie some reallity is being brought into this discussion.I personally have thought that some of the comment here borders on a group suffering from amnesia,ignorance and just bone laziness on searching out some answers to questions that Moosie ,save his soul has the kindness to answer almost every day.Despite the charts the average public will see that Snakk is in the right spot,they have some cash on board,most of the execs seem to have some nous and the future looks bright at present.As you say,and as I mentioned some days ago,it only needs Gaynor or Carmel to take a punt and all this garbage will be sent to the Plus SMS file.Let's hope .
Regards

Copper
28-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Moosie.... I have to say that is a stunning comment. Many thanks . You have a supporter in that mortal space.
Very kind regards......

Balance
29-08-2013, 08:34 AM
So if GeoOP comes out with a great growth strategy, no dodgy shareholders and good accounts, you wouldn't invest simply because it was a compliance listing? Talk about judging a book by its cover!

Me thinkth you are trying to change the subject, Moosie?

The issue here is that Snakk has done a compliance listing, similar as backdoor listing - so no forecasts etc required and the punters out there have to rely on the rah rah PR from the company's vested interests to make their investment decisions.

What has GeoOP, which has prepared an investment document and is pitching to sophisticated investors to raise funding before listing, have to do with Snakk?

Balance
29-08-2013, 08:52 AM
http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?8953-Snakk/page21

Read back how excited you got, Moosie - all without a single mention of who are behind the scenes pulling the strings.

What have you learnt so far from your enthusiastic and unbridled support for Snakk post compliance listing?

Why would any shareholder who watched the company effortlessly raised $6.5m at 12c now bail out at 9.2c?

Balance
29-08-2013, 08:56 AM
no, it has everything to do with it. GeoOP is NOT preparing a prospectus, hence the compliance route they are taking!

so, can you answer my question?

I would not touch any Compliance listed entity which does not issue any forward projections around which the founders and executives can be judged against.

Simple.

Now your turn to answer the all important question - why a backdoor listing for Snakk if the story is so good?

And why are the big shareholders all lining up, taking turns (smells of a gentlemen's agreement to take turn, doesn't it?) to sell shares at well under the SPP price?

Bear in mind that they will have access to much much better information than you will ever have.