PDA

View Full Version : TSK - TASK Group Holdings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28

Ggcc
19-07-2023, 05:07 PM
A bit more serious interest today. Someone gobbling everything up at 60 cents

Ggcc
20-07-2023, 01:37 PM
Just over 12% up since I announced it last week. Anyone would have made that in one week had they purchased and intend to sell today at 61 cents. No term deposit pays that. Right now it might be a bit late for 12% gains in one week unless they pull something big out of the bag on Monday. Who knows……

Baa_Baa
20-07-2023, 02:12 PM
Just over 12% up since I announced it last week. Anyone would have made that in one week had they purchased and intend to sell today at 61 cents. No term deposit pays that. Right now it might be a bit late for 12% gains in one week unless they pull something big out of the bag on Monday. Who knows……

And up about 300% from the bottom a year ago :t_up:

usenet
20-07-2023, 04:36 PM
There is another Aussie tech company called DUG, it turn its balance sheet around, went from a bit of debt, turn around to low debt, then now net cash and winning more and more clients, it just been award 5m freebie money from WA government to build a new data centre

5 baggers from its low and it still keep going and going, it a relentless march the day it turn its balance sheet around

that what we need from tech stock, show the market you can make the big bucks and you can turn off the cost curve

whatsup
21-07-2023, 12:23 PM
Dont forget the AGM on Monday.

Ggcc
22-07-2023, 07:10 PM
Dont forget the AGM on Monday.

2.30pm and we will see how the share price will fair after the AGM

https://apps.computershare.com/MeetingsShareholderWeb/FindMeeting#/MeetingsShareholderWeb/FindMeeting

sb9
23-07-2023, 08:45 PM
We might get the quarterly update as well along with ASM. Let's what they've got in store...

Baa_Baa
23-07-2023, 09:06 PM
We might get the quarterly update as well along with ASM. Let's what they've got in store...

With the primary listing on ASX, I think they're obliged to give quarterly updates, an Appendix 4c, due from 31 July within one month thereafter https://www.asx.com.au/documents/rules/Chapter04.pdf, so maybe some guidance tomorrow at the ASM? Company Reporting Dates 2023Australian Securities Exchangehttps://www.asx.com.au › dam › asx › markets (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjSuLuHuqSAAxW1gVYBHb9WAecQFnoECA8QAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.asx.com.au%2Fcontent%2Fdam%2 Fasx%2Fmarkets%2Fcompany-reporting-calendars%2Fcompany-reporting-dates-2023.pdf&usg=AOvVaw2VjjzV9P0CmfSB-F4COf9Z&opi=89978449)

I'm not exactly sure, so don't take my word on this.

In any event, the ASM will likely be the usual retrospective on FY23, which was pretty bloody awesome but we already know that, SP up 300% from its lows recognising the successful merger, turnaround and return to profit.

It would be nice to have some insights into how the first quarter is going, and initial FY24 guidance would be a bonus.

Nigelk
24-07-2023, 10:58 AM
With the primary listing on ASX, I think they're obliged to give quarterly updates, an Appendix 4c, due from 31 July within one month thereafter https://www.asx.com.au/documents/rules/Chapter04.pdf, so maybe some guidance tomorrow at the ASM? Company Reporting Dates 2023Australian Securities Exchangehttps://www.asx.com.au › dam › asx › markets (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjSuLuHuqSAAxW1gVYBHb9WAecQFnoECA8QAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.asx.com.au%2Fcontent%2Fdam%2 Fasx%2Fmarkets%2Fcompany-reporting-calendars%2Fcompany-reporting-dates-2023.pdf&usg=AOvVaw2VjjzV9P0CmfSB-F4COf9Z&opi=89978449)

I'm not exactly sure, so don't take my word on this.

In any event, the ASM will likely be the usual retrospective on FY23, which was pretty bloody awesome but we already know that, SP up 300% from its lows recognising the successful merger, turnaround and return to profit.

It would be nice to have some insights into how the first quarter is going, and initial FY24 guidance would be a bonus.

I think ASX listed companies can get an exemption from reporting quarterly unless they're losing money or having cash outflows

Greekwatchdog
24-07-2023, 12:42 PM
Info attached re this arvos meeting. Hopefully if someone can pass on some info should they be attending the meeting, thank you GWD.

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/TSK/415160/399001.pdf

Baa_Baa
24-07-2023, 12:58 PM
Info attached re this arvos meeting. Hopefully if someone can pass on some info should they be attending the meeting, thank you GWD.

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/TSK/415160/399001.pdf

Also should be live here https://meetnow.global

winner69
24-07-2023, 01:12 PM
Tension building

I remember when Synlait Directors got a standing ovation at the ASM for producing a stellar results …but probably a bit difficult to do such things at a virtual but those in attendance could do it for us.

Rawz
24-07-2023, 01:25 PM
No guidance or outlook?

winner69
24-07-2023, 01:43 PM
No guidance or outlook?

Doesn’t look like it eh ….maybe slip it in near the end

Baa_Baa
24-07-2023, 01:52 PM
No guidance or outlook?

I would not expect guidance to be in a FY23 results presentation. Like winner says, they may provide some forward looking statements verbally. If not, hopefully someone asks in the Q&A session.

winner69
24-07-2023, 02:04 PM
You’d think with all those ESOS shares out there they’d be doing a decent rave to pump the share price up

Recall what BP says ….. share price = value + hype

Hype not much at moment

whatsup
24-07-2023, 02:55 PM
Cannot enter the meeting via thew link, disapointing, what did I miss ?

Rawz
24-07-2023, 03:14 PM
Cannot enter the meeting via thew link, disapointing, what did I miss ?

Nothing much.. was listening while working thou..

only thing i took out of it was that the trend of new customer additions is continuing on or better than before. Very strong Nov/Dec or Dec/Jan- cant remember which.

They are confident of growth and profitable growth at that. They are also confident in their tech.

Im a happy holder with an avg size position. Looking forward to reading the half year report

winner69
24-07-2023, 03:20 PM

only thing i took out of it was that the trend of new customer additions is continuing on or better than before. Very strong Nov/Dec or Dec/Jan- cant remember which.

They are confident of growth and profitable growth at that. They are also confident in their tech.

Im a happy holder with an avg size position. Looking forward to reading the half year report

They looked like they didn’t really want to be there …like bloody shareholder meetings but we need to show up

Rawz
24-07-2023, 03:38 PM
The best thing about TSK is its self funding and has miles of growth ahead of it. Compare to the likes of SKO, IKE, ERD etc all burning cash and not profitable.

TSK the safest tech play of the bunch

SailorRob
24-07-2023, 03:42 PM

Name one call for any company anywhere in the world at any time in recorded history where management have said they are not confident.

whatsup
24-07-2023, 03:43 PM
The best thing about TSK is its self funding and has miles of growth ahead of it. Compare to the likes of SKO, IKE, ERD etc all burning cash and not profitable.

and thats a biggie, have a look at Tesla once they started to generate cash ( not that you can compare, SHY Tv is another once they really took off !

Rawz
24-07-2023, 03:45 PM
Name one call for any company anywhere in the world at any time in recorded history where management have said they are not confident.

TSK did what they said they would do last time..
I dont see any reason to question them this time.

usenet
24-07-2023, 04:10 PM

Different set of business but SKO has plenty of cash in the kitty, for the last 5 years they are on the ball, they said what they going to do and they achieved every major milestone.
80m in the kitty, another year of cash burn in development bring it to 50-60m level before they are profitable and cash flow positive.

by the time they are in the black they have 50m in the kitty and SKO has much more leverage earning model, once the development is done and bed it down and once achieved neutral cost based,
every extra booking is straight to the bottom line

winner69
24-07-2023, 04:16 PM
Different set of business but SKO has plenty of cash in the kitty, for the last 5 years they are on the ball, they said what they going to do and they achieved every major milestone.
80m in the kitty, another year of cash burn in development bring it to 50-60m level before they are profitable and cash flow positive.

by the time they are in the black they have 50m in the kitty and SKO has much more leverage earning model, once the development is done and bed it down and once achieved neutral cost based,
every extra booking is straight to the bottom line

Hey Usenet ….no ramping Serko here

Anyway TASK’s has a connected ecosystem which supports all customer touchpoints …..and they own those touchpoints

Best that my friend

winner69
24-07-2023, 06:11 PM
Some reasonably big trades after the meeting …good sign

Rawz
24-07-2023, 06:18 PM
Market confident in managements confidence

Baa_Baa
24-07-2023, 08:00 PM
Great to re-cap on the FY23 results which were truely outstanding, signalling the turnaround success and return to profit. The Board and management expressed confidence (like when are they ever not confident) but they came across as both relieved it's working out, and optimistic for the future, and they have a massive vested interest in the Houden family majority holding and other directors shareholdings, plus the new resolution on Dan and Dean's entitlements.

Nice that they acknowledged the huge contribution of Plexure and McD (vs TASK revenue) to the revenue line, but also alluded to the key customer risk that goes with that. Signing up McD's for another 4+ years, profitably, is huge. Also intrigued that at least two questions were about their competitors, and their answers unwittingly acknowledged how difficult it might be winning big new business. Customers are "sticky", ergo it's hard to win a new big customer, but also easier to retain the customers they've got.

No lollies dished out though, no guidance, no new customers, but admittedly they had a big agenda to get through and all resolutions passed. (Gee there's some seriously dumb questions, it's almost embarrassing hearing them). The only resolution I didn't support was the move to ASX. I don't think it is necessary after already having the primary listing on ASX. Anyway, that's a done deal now, pending IRS decision, as that resolution passed. I'm going to have to have a talk with my tax advisor as I'll be well over the $50k FIF tax threshold.

Good to see the SP hold and up a couple of pips, but there's a lot more sell side than buy side (on NZX). Patiently waiting for guidance and some good new customer news. I feel comfortable with my holding and confident that these new Oz owners and director/manager are very focused on running and growing a profitable business.

SailorRob
24-07-2023, 08:06 PM
TSK did what they said they would do last time..
I dont see any reason to question them this time.

Sport, I don't see any reason to question them either, if you read what I said a few times you'll get it.

SailorRob
24-07-2023, 08:09 PM
Great to re-cap on the FY23 results which were truely outstanding, signalling the turnaround success and return to profit. The Board and management expressed confidence (like when are they ever not confident) but they came across as both relieved it's working out, and optimistic for the future, and they have a massive vested interest in the Houden family majority holding and other directors shareholdings, plus the new resolution on Dan and Dean's entitlements.

Nice that they acknowledged the huge contribution of Plexure and McD (vs TASK revenue) to the revenue line, but also alluded to the key customer risk that goes with that. Signing up McD's for another 4+ years, profitably, is huge. Also intrigued that at least two questions were about their competitors, and their answers unwittingly acknowledged how difficult it might be winning big new business. Customers are "sticky", ergo it's hard to win a new big customer, but also easier to retain the customers they've got.

No lollies dished out though, no guidance, no new customers, but admittedly they had a big agenda to get through and all resolutions passed. (Gee there's some seriously dumb questions, it's almost embarrassing hearing them). The only resolution I didn't support was the move to ASX. I don't think it is necessary after already having the primary listing on ASX. Anyway, that's a done deal now, pending IRS decision, as that resolution passed. I'm going to have to have a talk with my tax advisor as I'll be well over the $50k FIF tax threshold.

Good to see the SP hold and up a couple of pips, but there's a lot more sell side than buy side (on NZX). Patiently waiting for guidance and some good new customer news. I feel comfortable with my holding and confident that these new Oz owners and director/manager are very focused on running and growing a profitable business.

Bloody hell Baa-Baa, did it take this to push you well over the FIF? Meaning the majority of your equity holdings are in NZ? Hell you must have some confidence in this 'country'.

Baa_Baa
24-07-2023, 08:19 PM
Bloody hell Baa-Baa, did it take this to push you well over the FIF? Meaning the majority of your equity holdings are in NZ? Hell you must have some confidence in this 'country'.

You'll excuse me for not answering your question, this is about TSK, not my investments, and I don't need to have confidence in this country to be confident in my investment in TSK.

Cheers.

Rawz
24-07-2023, 08:34 PM
Sport, I don't see any reason to question them either, if you read what I said a few times you'll get it.

Back on the rums I see

SailorRob
24-07-2023, 08:34 PM
You'll excuse me for not answering your question, this is about TSK, not my investments, and I don't need to have confidence in this country to be confident in my investment in TSK.

Cheers.

No, you misunderstood. The question was about your investments.

NZ clusterF has nothing to do with TSK agreed.

Was just very surprised that the ASX move would interfere with FIF for you, as you stated 'I'll be well over' Not 'I am well over', hopefully a misunderstanding on my behalf.

SailorRob
24-07-2023, 08:35 PM
Back on the rums I see

Never off them

Rawz
24-07-2023, 08:55 PM
Never off them

Are you buy, hold or sell on TSK? Wouldn’t have thought you’d be into a stock like this?

mfd
24-07-2023, 08:57 PM
I was under the impression most ASX stocks are FIF exempt - what are the chances of tsk getting on the list?

This may help your disbelief too sailor, maybe Baa has a whole bunch of exempt ASX stocks to help his geographic diversity.

Rawz
24-07-2023, 09:02 PM
I checked the IRD website and task isn’t right now because it’s a NZ company. Maybe once the delisting occurs and tax status confirmed as Aus it is except for us

Ggcc
25-07-2023, 08:22 AM
I was under the impression most ASX stocks are FIF exempt - what are the chances of tsk getting on the list?

This may help your disbelief too sailor, maybe Baa has a whole bunch of exempt ASX stocks to help his geographic diversity.

They are exempt when they start paying franked dividends I believe. That is only for Australia.

https://moneykingnz.com/tax-on-foreign-investments-how-do-fif-and-estate-taxes-work/

Snow Leopard
25-07-2023, 10:56 AM
They are exempt when they start paying franked dividends I believe. That is only for Australia.

https://moneykingnz.com/tax-on-foreign-investments-how-do-fif-and-estate-taxes-work/

They need to have a franking account to qualify, they do not need to be paying dividends.
If they become an Oz Tax resident company they will have a franking account.

Ggcc
25-07-2023, 11:15 AM
They need to have a franking account to qualify, they do not need to be paying dividends.
If they become an Oz Tax resident company they will have a franking account.
Thanks for that. I still would have sought my accountants advice.

SailorRob
25-07-2023, 06:17 PM
Are you buy, hold or sell on TSK? Wouldn’t have thought you’d be into a stock like this?

Yeah you're quite right in general,

So I originally bought VML back in either 2015 or 2016 at from memory around 35c, then it went to 13c and I sold a long time later perhaps in 2018 or 2019 for 87c and stopped following it.

I recently became interested again due to reasons that Baa_Baa has highlighted very well (at the time I had not read this thread) but admit far more speculative than what I am normally doing, but cash rolling in is cash rolling in. So I do own and bought at an average of 42.3c and have a decent sized holding considering the nature of the company.

Another example of a similar type of 'story', ASX MAD which I bought at 90c and just sold the last of somewhere in the low $5's - it was growing like a weed and selling at 10 x earnings with a whole lot of other stuff to like, I am much less sure of TSK, probably because I don't understand it as well.

I will hold and am along for the ride, agree with BaaBaas thesis here.

Ggcc
28-07-2023, 04:10 PM
Quite interesting how someone is maintaining a 60 cent price and buying up anything getting dropped in their direction. Would also love to know their quarterly numbers/cashflow

winner69
30-07-2023, 11:39 AM
Quite interesting how someone is maintaining a 60 cent price and buying up anything getting dropped in their direction. Would also love to know their quarterly numbers/cashflow

Surely not keeping us in the dark are they with no quarterly numbers or even F24 guidance

Is no news good news? Or just waiting to surprise all in a week or so with a big win.

Whatever haff year in November is a long way off

Greekwatchdog
31-07-2023, 10:34 AM
Update https://www.nzx.com/announcements/415520

winner69
31-07-2023, 10:46 AM
Love the phrase ‘utilised cash’ as opposed to ‘generated cash’

Sounds lot more positive than phrases like ‘cash burn’ etc

PS ….utilised $5.8m in the quarter

winner69
31-07-2023, 11:51 AM
Jeez. Market doesn’t like that update ….share price down 10% to 55

Hopefully the Aussies will read it in better light to stop the rot …….share price back over 60

Baa_Baa
31-07-2023, 12:01 PM
Update https://www.nzx.com/announcements/415520

Excellent quarterly update:

Highlights
• TASK continued to trade profitably during the quarter, expanding the reach of its platform and suite of services for existing customers.
• New TASK customer contracts executed in the North American QSR and Food Service segments.
• Multiple new markets to join the Plexure platform in 2023, including a number of significant markets in Asia.
• Commenced and successfully completed buy-back of unmarketable parcels of shares (post period end).
• Strong cash position of $20.5 million at end of June 2023.

Customers & Markets
• Both divisions continue to invest in capability and capacity to address increasing customer demand, with hiring in Engineering, IT Support, Customer Account Management, plus Services and Support leadership roles in TASK’s Sydney office.
• The Plexure division has been working closely with McDonald’s to support the onboarding of multiple new markets onto the Plexure platform in FY24, including a number of significant markets in Asia.
• The TASK division commenced deployments for Retail Food Group (Crust - pizza segment), with implementation scheduled to be completed in the coming quarter.
• Several new TASK customer contracts were executed in the North American QSR and Food Service segments.
• Strong progress on additional North American growth initiatives during the quarter, focused on building the TASK division’s partnership strategy in the region.

winner69
31-07-2023, 12:09 PM
Maybe excellent update but share price just hit 53 cents

Hope just one or two punters panicking and share price it recovers quickly

winner69
31-07-2023, 12:14 PM
Share price down on ASX as well …below 50

Suppose excellence is in the eyes of the beholder

SailorRob
31-07-2023, 12:19 PM

Why the hell would you want the share price to recover quickly?

Are you utterly devoid of any sense at all?

SailorRob
31-07-2023, 12:21 PM

TSK revenue has just passed Apple and it's become the most profitable company in the world

Share price is down 13% on the news

'Winner' wants it back up FAST.

Wow

SailorRob
31-07-2023, 12:22 PM
Share price down on ASX as well …below 50

Suppose excellence is in the eyes of the beholder

Wrong,

it's measured in CASH RETURN ON CAPITAL INVESTED

Ggcc
31-07-2023, 12:30 PM
Excellent quarterly update:

Highlights
• TASK continued to trade profitably during the quarter, expanding the reach of its platform and suite of services for existing customers.
• New TASK customer contracts executed in the North American QSR and Food Service segments.
• Multiple new markets to join the Plexure platform in 2023, including a number of significant markets in Asia.
• Commenced and successfully completed buy-back of unmarketable parcels of shares (post period end).
• Strong cash position of $20.5 million at end of June 2023.

Customers & Markets
• Both divisions continue to invest in capability and capacity to address increasing customer demand, with hiring in Engineering, IT Support, Customer Account Management, plus Services and Support leadership roles in TASK’s Sydney office.
• The Plexure division has been working closely with McDonald’s to support the onboarding of multiple new markets onto the Plexure platform in FY24, including a number of significant markets in Asia.
• The TASK division commenced deployments for Retail Food Group (Crust - pizza segment), with implementation scheduled to be completed in the coming quarter.
• Several new TASK customer contracts were executed in the North American QSR and Food Service segments.
• Strong progress on additional North American growth initiatives during the quarter, focused on building the TASK division’s partnership strategy in the region.
However the market is seeing this announcement, I am not negative about it. It looks solid and has ticked most of my boxes.

davflaws
31-07-2023, 12:43 PM
The market was clearly expecting more. More what?

usenet
31-07-2023, 12:50 PM
looking deeper it look normal and business as usual

extra 7m product manufacturing and operating costs this quarter which
is for working capital and new hosting cost, understandable if you winning new market and expanding

this cost will get recoup in future quarters

winner69
31-07-2023, 01:03 PM
Receipts from customers line not too flash

Dec22 Qtr 14.5m
Mar23 Qtr 17.0m
Jun23 Qtr 13.0m

Let’s say seasonality the reason eh but this quarter less than Dec …hmmm

No FY24 revenue guidance yet?

Might be passing Apple at this rate

SailorRob
31-07-2023, 01:06 PM
Receipts from customers line not too flash

Dec22 Qtr 14.5m
Mar23 Qtr 17.0m
Jun23 Qtr 13.0m

Let’s say seasonality the reason eh but this quarter less than Dec …hmmm

No FY24 revenue guidance yet?

Might be passing Apple at this rate

You are looking at the cash flow statement.

Not the income statement.

SailorRob
31-07-2023, 01:06 PM
What's the story with their relationship with Uber Eats?

A word search of latest annual report finds no mention.

Baa_Baa
31-07-2023, 01:27 PM
What's the story with their relationship with Uber Eats?

A word search of latest annual report finds no mention.

I don't think they have a 'relationship' with Uber Eats, they mentioned it as an example of "third party delivery aggregations (e.g. uber eats)," and "driving increased transaction volumes via TOLO and uber eats integration activations across multiple brand" ... in here http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/PX1/382957/359391.pdf

SailorRob
31-07-2023, 01:37 PM
I don't think they have a 'relationship' with Uber Eats, they mentioned it as an example of "third party delivery aggregations (e.g. uber eats)," and "driving increased transaction volumes via TOLO and uber eats integration activations across multiple brand" ... in here http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/PX1/382957/359391.pdf

Check their website, uber eats is listed as them being 'integrated with'.

Baa_Baa
31-07-2023, 02:15 PM
Check their website, uber eats is listed as them being 'integrated with'. That's what I just quoted from their report. "and uber eats integration activations across multiple brand"

https://tasksoftware.com/products/api

Rawz
31-07-2023, 02:23 PM
I thought the announcement was okay. Some customer wins and new territories opening up. That’s what we want to hear.

Takes cash to do that.. but profitable growth so it’s all good

winner69
31-07-2023, 02:59 PM
Hey Rob, bit of a bugger the share price recovering eh

Could even be ahead come end of day

SailorRob
31-07-2023, 03:46 PM
That's what I just quoted from their report. "and uber eats integration activations across multiple brand"

Yeah well what the hell does that mean!

SailorRob
31-07-2023, 03:49 PM
Hey Rob, bit of a bugger the share price recovering eh

Could even be ahead come end of day

It's hard but rewarding work. Like teaching a mentally retarded child, they slowly pick things up.

If the quality of the bottle of rum improves dramatically and the quantity in the bottle increases, then if the price falls, it's better than if the price rises.

I reckon I'd have more luck with the retard.

Baa_Baa
31-07-2023, 03:58 PM
That's what I just quoted from their report. "and uber eats integration activations across multiple brand"

Yeah well what the hell does that mean!

It's a technology thing, the TASK API (applications programming interface "is a way for two or more computer programs to communicate with each other"), enables TASK's customer 'brands' menu's to be displayed in the Uber Eats App, and an order can be placed and paid for, via that App back to the store. The Uber driver picks up the order from the store and delivers it.

The other API's for online ordering are Jamaica Blue Cafe's and for delivery Deliveroo (who I think has shut shop and left Australia). The XERO api is for back-end finance accounting, and the last one is PowerBI for visual data reporting.

SailorRob
31-07-2023, 04:33 PM
It's a technology thing, the TASK API (applications programming interface "is a way for two or more computer programs to communicate with each other"), enables TASK's customer 'brands' menu's to be displayed in the Uber Eats App, and an order can be placed and paid for, via that App back to the store. The Uber driver picks up the order from the store and delivers it.

The other API's for online ordering are Jamaica Blue Cafe's and for delivery Deliveroo (who I think has shut shop and left Australia). The XERO api is for back-end finance accounting, and the last one is PowerBI for visual data reporting.

Got it thanks, the API numbers that they are running are massive.

davflaws
31-07-2023, 04:35 PM
The Report looks fine to me but the market didn't like it. Can someone please give me an idea why? Did the market price in an expectation of a new big customer? Lots more sales from existing customers? reduction in operating expeses? or what?

Greekwatchdog
31-07-2023, 04:40 PM
The Report looks fine to me but the market didn't like it. Can someone please give me an idea why? Did the market price in an expectation of a new big customer? Lots more sales from existing customers? reduction in operating expeses? or what?

I suspect the cash they burn't thru. Maybe market wanted more on who new clients are and approx. dollars client is worth. I was happy with it.

SailorRob
31-07-2023, 06:25 PM

Who knows...

The 'receipts from customers' number is not revenue for the period, which will go far over a lot of heads. So we don't have any idea what revenue was.

Baa_Baa
31-07-2023, 06:41 PM
Who knows...

The 'receipts from customers' number is not revenue for the period, which will go far over a lot of heads. So we don't have any idea what revenue was.

The quarterly is just a cashflow statement, there’s no underlying value that is or needs to be accounted for.

Very encouraging to learn though that new customers and market expansion is happening, they don’t have to mention that in a quarterly. But they did.

winner69
31-07-2023, 07:10 PM
………..hhhhhhh

Baa_Baa
31-07-2023, 07:30 PM
I never said receipts from customers was revenue for the period …for many reasons eh

But one might expect if revenues were increasing that receipts would also be growing …..not one to one but at least positive.

We’ll have to see whether the words/story convert into revenue growth/value

For an owner, you're still very cynical, and interestingly quite defensive. I can only guess you got sucked into a much higher average SP and are still suffering an uncomfortable recovery from a paper loss position? Average down, it won't last forever and eases some of the pain.

There is nothing not to like about TASK now, it might be coming off the back foot with Plexure, but if you're onto it, Plexure is funding the business now and no quarterly cashflow statement will ever give you or anyone else confidence about underlying or ongoing value.

And they disclosed that it is the market Plexure has, that have the most promise (Asia especially) although the USA looks promising as well (TASK QSR). Funny that, that Plexure's market is what they say has the growth potential. I reckon it's code words for, 'when we signed up McD's, we also got a look into expanding market share, and it's happening now'.

To be honest, TASK by itself is interesting and has encouraging opportunity to grow, especially the USA, but it's small beer by customer, as opposed to Plexure which has McD's which they say is expanding.

Keep up, if you're done with buying you just hold and ride it out, but if you have some headroom to get some more, days like these when the minnows freak out about something they don't understand, well ... isn't that time get a few more?

winner69
31-07-2023, 07:58 PM
For an owner, you're still very cynical, and interestingly quite defensive. I can only guess you got sucked into a much higher average SP and are still suffering an uncomfortable recovery from a paper loss position? Average down, it won't last forever and eases some of the pain.

There is nothing not to like about TASK now, it might be coming off the back foot with Plexure, but if you're onto it, Plexure is funding the business now and no quarterly cashflow statement will ever give you or anyone else confidence about underlying or ongoing value.

And they disclosed that it is the market Plexure has, that have the most promise (Asia especially) although the USA looks promising as well (TASK QSR). Funny that, that Plexure's market is what they say has the growth potential. I reckon it's code words for, 'when we signed up McD's, we also got a look into expanding market share, and it's happening now'.

To be honest, TASK by itself is interesting and has encouraging opportunity to grow, especially the USA, but it's small beer by customer, as opposed to Plexure which has McD's which they say is expanding.

Keep up, if you're done with buying you just hold and ride it out, but if you have some headroom to get some more, days like these when the minnows freak out about something they don't understand, well ... isn't that time get a few more?

Wrong BaaBaa …..as I’ve said before the TSK I still have cost me nothing …..free carry as they say …..actually you could say I got paid $1.12 per share (profit / #shares) for keeping some when I last sold

Now they’re only half of that eh ……been a lot worse …but still well in ‘profit’ overall though not as much as before

Should take your advice and buy a few more eh

silverblizzard888
31-07-2023, 11:22 PM
The market expected a lot of solid hard hitting financials about high growth and big profits, but in todays update there wasn't much financials to go on. Likely modest growth and modest profits, so nothing to rave home about yet, because the reality is that they haven't actually set the foundations for international growth beyond NZ and AUS and their Mcdonalds contracts internationally.

The main point of the update is that this quarter was about setting the foundation for growth later, right now its about capital spending and a mass hiring spree. Second quarter probably be quite modest too with a possible bonus they might pick up a decent size company for the Task division in North America, but I would say most of the growth starts back up in the second half of the financial year when bigger Task division contracts are announced follow with added Plexure customers in the Asia region.

sb9
01-08-2023, 07:01 PM
Very nicely summed up by sb888 and baa_baa. They're investing nicely for an explosive future, just gotta be patient and let the management do the right thing. Happy to wait out in the medium term, once they start hitting straps, they'll be unstoppable.

Nice finish for the day on ASX with big volume at close.

gbogo
02-08-2023, 03:35 AM
i know that disclosed orders are not always a good representation of the market positioning but on the NZX it’s about 80,000 shares on the bid and more than 800,000 on the offer.. hard to buy more when it’s so consistently like that.

Azz
02-08-2023, 04:07 AM

"We are confident in lacking confidence..." maybe?

Rawz
02-08-2023, 08:57 AM
i know that disclosed orders are not always a good representation of the market positioning but on the NZX it’s about 80,000 shares on the bid and more than 800,000 on the offer.. hard to buy more when it’s so consistently like that.
Why is it hard to buy more when you say there is decent supply?

SailorRob
02-08-2023, 09:37 AM

If you were trying to buy something you perceived as valuable, like a NZ farm perhaps, and you were the only buyer and there were 17 million sellers, perhaps that would give you pause?

I believe this is what they are saying.

Not the actual physical difficulty.

Rawz
02-08-2023, 09:54 AM
If you were trying to buy something you perceived as valuable, like a NZ farm perhaps, and you were the only buyer and there were 17 million sellers, perhaps that would give you pause?

I believe this is what they are saying.

Not the actual physical difficulty.
Lol okay gotcha. I like the farm bit :eek2:

dreamcatcher
02-08-2023, 10:09 AM
Lol okay gotcha. I like the farm bit :eek2:

Could also be that holders moving from NZX to ASX

Rawz
02-08-2023, 10:16 AM
Could also be that holders moving from NZX to ASX
ive bought all my shares on the ASX via sharesies. Always was cheaper than buying on the NZX. And now that its moving to the ASX it works even better.

gbogo
02-08-2023, 11:26 AM

more sellers than buyers! so, not hard to get filled but traditional market lore would say the market has to move quite a bit lower before bids are attracted out of the woodwork. SPY is the same.

of course, everyone could be wrong!

i’m an old professional trader and old habits die hard.

ziptie
02-08-2023, 11:41 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else get annoyed at the issue of Performance Rights.

While I respect staff being compensated for hard work, Dilution of the Share pool completely pisses me off, Unless I am completely mis-reading the situation

usenet
02-08-2023, 12:14 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else get annoyed at the issue of Performance Rights.

While I respect staff being compensated for hard work, Dilution of the Share pool completely pisses me off, Unless I am completely mis-reading the situation

better than paid them cash bonuses, this way they have vest interest in making the company more profitable for higher share price
for larger corporate they offer 10% discount for their staffs to buy shares in the companies that way their interest and company interest aligned
Microsoft, google etc.. has an army of their workers owning shares in the business this way

winner69
02-08-2023, 12:19 PM

Sort of agree but makes the cash flows look better ….like F23 saw $5.4m in share based payments …saving that in cash eh

Baa_Baa
02-08-2023, 12:32 PM

I'm fully in favour of staff, especially senior leaders, being granted performance rights. The whole purpose of it is to incentivise performance and it provides a direct linkage to the share price. So assuming the incentive works and they perform and the company grows and the share price with it, then ~0.25% dilution imo is a small price to pay.

winner69
02-08-2023, 12:59 PM
I'm fully in favour of staff, especially senior leaders, being granted performance rights. The whole purpose of it is to incentivise performance and it provides a direct linkage to the share price. So assuming the incentive works and they perform and the company grows and the share price with it, then ~0.25% dilution imo is a small price to pay.

I think ziptie may have been worried about the cumulative impact of these things

Seems there are about 29 million of these type of securities in existence …….quite a lot relative to the 354 million shares on issue …esp if Task is really successful and all get taken up.

Rawz
02-08-2023, 01:45 PM

its a real risk to destroying shareholder value and is only justified by large growth.

I listened to the below podcast (via Spotify) while driving the other day and the guest touched on valuing companies that issue lots of shares to employees and the dilution risks. was a good listen as a whole.

https://www.theinvestorspodcast.com/episodes/the-evolution-of-value-investing-w-brian-feroldi/

ziptie
02-08-2023, 02:53 PM
A very real concern of mine for another company I am invested in, The Share-price is suffering despite the company making money year on year. But the rate they continue to issue RSUs has really started to bother me. I guess I can see the benefit if the company is fresh and growing but it really doesn't seem appropriate in an established scenario, I don't want to see that happening at Task in the long run.

Baa_Baa
02-08-2023, 04:31 PM
I think ziptie may have been worried about the cumulative impact of these things

Seems there are about 29 million of these type of securities in existence …….quite a lot relative to the 354 million shares on issue …esp if Task is really successful and all get taken up.

Yeah fair enough, I'm not trying to diminish people concerns if they have them. Personally though, 8% of potential market cap, being if they are vested and typically a lot of these rights are not, is not a concern to me.

If I own a company and can avoid paying cash bonuses and incentives to my staff which come straight off the bottom line, by providing performance rights to a share of my company, then I'd choose performance rights every day. It helps also that the incentive is aligned with the company performance (ergo share price), rather than just individual performance.

SailorRob
02-08-2023, 07:03 PM
Yeah fair enough, I'm not trying to diminish people concerns if they have them. Personally though, 8% of potential market cap, being if they are vested and typically a lot of these rights are not, is not a concern to me.

If I own a company and can avoid paying cash bonuses and incentives to my staff which come straight off the bottom line, by providing performance rights to a share of my company, then I'd choose performance rights every day. It helps also that the incentive is aligned with the company performance (ergo share price), rather than just individual performance.

Strongly agree, provided they are done properly.

Cash payments can be just as dilutive if they mean less cash for the business to be investing for growth.

Baa_Baa
02-08-2023, 08:40 PM
Strongly agree, provided they are done properly.

Cash payments can be just as dilutive if they mean less cash for the business to be investing for growth.

It seems that we are strongly agreeing, again, lol!

Cash payments, usually annually, (for incentives and bonuses) are a burden on EPS for shareholders as it reduces profitability because the cash payment comes off the bottom line profits.

And frankly, cash bonuses and incentives against a personnel performance plan are very difficult to align to company performance, as they are usually solely about individual performance.

Performance rights, imo are a much more sensible approach to aligning personnel performance to company goals and outcomes, especially when those are linked to increasing revenue and profitability.

We should acknowledge, albeit uncomfortable, that shareholder EPS is woefully dismal hence PE is stratospheric. Hopefully that will change as we move to sustained profitability.

Rawz
02-08-2023, 09:44 PM
Share based payments are still an expense and reduce net profit. Last year it was $5.4m

Don’t fully understand how it’s calculated with the performance rights tbh

Curly
03-08-2023, 10:51 AM
Another buying opportunity presenting itself?

winner69
03-08-2023, 12:07 PM
Shareprice 61 cents day before quarterly update

Just now 55 cents

The story is the main driver of the share price …….Dan needs to work on telling better and more exciting stories I reckon

usenet
03-08-2023, 02:16 PM

Just now 55 cents

The story is the main driver of the share price …….Dan needs to work on telling better and more exciting stories I reckon

Why waste time telling exciting stories? use that time work on the business and show strong result and balance sheet, share price will take care of itself.

we are not in the business of pump and dump so there is no need to come up with exciting stories

silverblizzard888
03-08-2023, 05:09 PM

Just now 55 cents

Its best to build some substance first and that takes time, no point building up hopes yet. If you want a good story theres plenty of mining companies on the ASX who will tell you about the magical wonders in the ground and proceed to take years to do anything about it.

Rawz
03-08-2023, 05:28 PM
I thought the story telling post merger was very good.
I am thinking once it is solely listed on the ASX the stories will come out... i.e. saving them for that

winner69
10-08-2023, 08:13 AM
The MyMacca app makes extra zillions for McDonalds ….well done Plexure/Task for giving them these tools

Nobody has ever answered my query …does Task get a cut of the sales going through the app …or just providing the service with out monetising it

McDonald's accused of 'price-gouging' loyal customers

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/132710124/mcdonalds-accused-of-pricegouging-loyal-customers

Balance
10-08-2023, 08:23 AM
The MyMacca app makes extra zillions for McDonalds ….well done Plexure/Task for giving them these tools

Nobody has ever answered my query …does Task get a cut of the sales going through the app …or just providing the service with out monetising it

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/132710124/mcdonalds-accused-of-pricegouging-loyal-customers

Similar really to the power and internet companies offering inducements and discounts to attract new customers.

Nothing to see here imo except a disgruntled customer who should not be eating so much junk food to be classified as a loyal customer of Macca!

Baa_Baa
10-08-2023, 08:38 AM

There’s two things you don’t know, the first is whether the nz app uses Plexure tech for personalised promotions, and the other is whether Plexure clip the ticket on an order or sales.

Give André a call.

winner69
10-08-2023, 09:21 AM
There’s two things you don’t know, the first is whether the nz app uses Plexure tech for personalised promotions, and the other is whether Plexure clip the ticket on an order or sales.

Give André a call.

You could save him wasting his valuable time in talking to ignoramus like me by just telling me the answer seeing you know

Please, please

usenet
10-08-2023, 11:45 AM
this is common practice, it not really price-gouging, new users and less frequent user usually get discounts price so they can attract and retain users
where as existing customers get charge normal price

like banks loan, new customers get better deal than existing one
new online account purchase get 20-30% discount compared to existing users
new ISP customer get better deals and the list just go on and on

winner69
28-08-2023, 10:37 AM
Things were looking good a few weeks ago and we were excited that share price headed into the 60’s

Now back in the 40’s ……suppose that’s the way Task tends to go …c’est la vie

Ggcc
28-08-2023, 11:42 AM
Things were looking good a few weeks ago and we were excited that share price headed into the 60’s

Now back in the 40’s ……suppose that’s the way Task tends to go …c’est la vie
I will be buying more if share price drops further. How much further though will it go before we see it rise again near end of October

winner69
14-09-2023, 11:53 AM
Share price probably be in the 30’s pretty soon

Things were looking good when share price hit 62 cents and was heading to 70 cents

Maybe market seeing Task fir what it really is?

silverblizzard888
14-09-2023, 12:55 PM
Share price probably be in the 30’s pretty soon

Things were looking good when share price hit 62 cents and was heading to 70 cents

Maybe market seeing Task fir what it really is?

Just a lot of impatient holders selling instead of waiting for more progress and not a lot of buying due to the lack of certainty on the financials so the stocks in limbo, we know they will be profitable but how profitable remains a big question. The best gains are always around buying at these quiet times, if it enters the 30's that would be a great buying opportunity.

Ggcc
15-09-2023, 10:27 AM
I’m quite keen to keep slowly accumulating at these levels. Still great fundamentals, but half year will give more insight to those who need it before investing by end of October. My personal belief is that the share price will lift to 50-55 cents this time by then if not higher. DYOR.

Baa_Baa
16-09-2023, 01:42 PM
Did we hear about the departure of Andre Gaylard and Kathryn Burns, other than the lapse of options due to their cessation of employment? “ Pursuant to the terms of TASK's Employee Share Option Scheme, the subject options lapsed following the cessation of employment of key management personnel (362,764 options held by Andre Gaylard and 225,571 options held by Kathryn Byrne)”.

Or anything about the migration of domicile to Australia, other than the appointment notice of Glenn Day? “Mr Day’s appointment reflects TASK’s upcoming migration of domicile from NZ to Australia and previous transition to a primary listing on the ASX, with the new Group CFO role being in Australia.”

Ggcc
16-09-2023, 01:48 PM
https://gazette.govt.nz/notice/id/2023-ot2691

That is all I could find in my random searches.

Ggcc
19-09-2023, 02:10 PM
A nice little bounce over the last two days on very small turnover. As far as I can see, we will see this creeping up 10-15 cents further before mid October leading up to 6 months worth of figures. Who knows we may even see higher than that. I have been happily accumulating at these levels.

Baa_Baa
20-09-2023, 06:22 PM
Released on ASX, not on NZX yet

20 September 2023
Update on Migration of Incorporation to Australia and Delisting from NZX
Sydney, Australia – TASK Group Holdings Limited (TASK or the Company) announces that it has successfully completed its registration as an Australian public company with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, effective 18 September 2023. The Company is now registered under the Australian Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) with Australian Company Number (ACN): 605 696 820 and is deemed removed from the New Zealand companies register.

The Company previously announced its intention to migrate its incorporation to Australia and, in due course, de-list from the NZX (so that its sole listing is on the ASX), when it released its full year results on 30 May 2023.

Migration of the Company’s incorporation to Australia, approved by shareholders at the Company’s Annual General Meeting on 24 July 2023, will simplify the corporate structure and administration of the Company and clarify the tax residency of the Company. Furthermore, consolidation of the Company’s shares on the ASX would reduce listing costs.

TASK will update the market on the timing of the proposed de-listing from the NZX in due course.

Baa_Baa
20-09-2023, 08:09 PM
Another one

20 September 2023
Change of Registered Office, Principal Place of Business and Telephone Number
Sydney, Australia – Further to its announcement earlier today confirming its registration as an Australian public company under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and in accordance with ASX Listing Rule 3.14, TASK Group Holdings Limited (TASK or the Company) advises that effective 18 September 2023, the Company’s registered office, principal place of business and telephone number have changed to:
Suite 16, 90 Mona Vale Road
Mona Vale NSW 2103
Telephone +61 2 9997 3500.
ENDS

winner69
21-09-2023, 03:41 PM
Yahoo data says average volume on NZX is about 113k and on asx is 62k

Not much interest in Task on the much bigger exchange …..seems like punters ask ‘task, who are they’

Hope Task doesn’t just fade into obscurity when it becomes a true Aussie outfit

Baa_Baa
23-09-2023, 03:15 PM
Can anyone remember when the Houden's voluntary escrow agreement expires (127,895,902 shares), I think it's two years from when the substantial holding began on 1st October 2021?

winner69
23-09-2023, 03:28 PM
Can anyone remember when the Houden's voluntary escrow agreement expires (127,895,902 shares), I think it's two years from when the substantial holding began on 1st October 2021?

Last Annual Report says “There are no securities subject to voluntary escrow”

Baa_Baa
23-09-2023, 03:52 PM
Last Annual Report says “There are no securities subject to voluntary escrow”

The voluntary escrow must have expired earlier than I thought. Thanks.

Ggcc
26-09-2023, 12:07 PM
https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02715987-2A1476010?access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a 39ff4

Greekwatchdog
27-09-2023, 05:08 PM
AGM 21/11 off ASX
https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02716784-2A1476366?access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a 39ff4

Ggcc
09-10-2023, 10:26 AM
A nice little bounce over the last two days on very small turnover. As far as I can see, we will see this creeping up 10-15 cents further before mid October leading up to 6 months worth of figures. Who knows we may even see higher than that. I have been happily accumulating at these levels.
I am surprised to see the price this low and am wondering whether the price is lower due to task exiting the nzx. I am still happy accumulating and am wondering when it will bounce as HY figure is coming up and we will all get a better understanding of how they are doing. Longterm view on this remains good as long as they maintain positive cash flow. A bit of a drop in that after the last review.

ziptie
09-10-2023, 02:51 PM
Very Disappointing, another Share Dilution today, yay... :t_down:

Muse
09-10-2023, 04:19 PM
Very Disappointing, another Share Dilution today, yay... :t_down:

How companies treat STI/LTI share issue expenses is a bit of a pet peeve of mine.

They are totally 'real' expenses even if they are non cash and always irritates me when management remove them from reported or underlying EBITDA/EBIT/NPAT/whatever. If they didn't have these share schemes, they'd probably have to remunerate staff by that incremental amount to stay.

But the rub comes when the performance rights / options or whatever are vested/exercised, and the number of shares increases. A double whammy on EPS, as you incur the P&L cost which reduces NPAT, and increase the number of shares, which overtime decreases EPS more than just paying more in the form of cold hard cash.

Not a comment directed at Task but just generally. And I'm not against them and understand the benefits of saving cash when a company is in cash burn mode or is capital intensive, and the alignment it brings. but more just a comment on how companies present their earnings and the impact on EPS which never gets recognised by the mgmt teams or analysts.

percy
09-10-2023, 04:26 PM
5 years ago TSK's share price was $1.17.
Today it is 38 cents.
Seems to me they should be renamed; NON performance rights.!!

Ggcc
09-10-2023, 05:07 PM
5 years ago TSK's share price was $1.17.
Today it is 38 cents.
Seems to me they should be renamed; NON performance rights.!!
We will see if they are performing after they announce their HY figures, but I had a little chuckle when I read this lol. I also added some more today to the portfolio.

winner69
12-10-2023, 12:07 PM
TSK, IKE, ARB and PEB top of losers on NZX leaderboard at moment

What a combo …..no more comment

Baa_Baa
12-10-2023, 12:16 PM
TSK, IKE, ARB and PEB top of losers on NZX leaderboard at moment

What a combo …..no more comment

TSK is moving around on very low volume and incredibly low value trades. There's no significant money involved.

sb9
12-10-2023, 03:24 PM
TSK is moving around on very low volume and incredibly low value trades. There's no significant money involved.

Yeah, reef fish getting out before complete move to ASX post 24th Oct.

silverblizzard888
12-10-2023, 04:19 PM
Some investors won't fancy holding ASX listed stocks so probably selling out or lowering their holding, likely some extra pressure towards moving out date.

winner69
12-10-2023, 04:32 PM
Yeah, reef fish getting out before complete move to ASX post 24th Oct.

Looking forward don’t we need to worry about the pretty low volumes on the ASX …not much interest

Ggcc
12-10-2023, 09:38 PM
Looking forward don’t we need to worry about the pretty low volumes on the ASX …not much interest
Quite happy holder being able to pick up more shares at these numbers. Interested in more if people are willing. Long term all will be good

Baa_Baa
23-10-2023, 04:03 PM
Final day of trading on NZX tomorrow then delists on Thursday.

Ggcc
23-10-2023, 06:43 PM
Final day of trading on NZX tomorrow then delists on Thursday.

Thanks. Already loaded up

Rawz
23-10-2023, 06:57 PM
I have the feeling once it is solely listed on the ASX they will announce some ‘wins’

Haven’t heard much of late

winner69
23-10-2023, 07:07 PM
I have the feeling once it is solely listed on the ASX they will announce some ‘wins’

Haven’t heard much of late

Hope so rawz ….need to get Aussies really excited else Task is in real danger of fading into obscurity

Rawz
23-10-2023, 07:09 PM
Hope so rawz ….need to get Aussies really excited else Task is in real danger of fading into obscurity
Yes agree. Just like HMY.

Baa_Baa
23-10-2023, 08:35 PM

Agree, there's next to no volume on ASX and judging by HC there's even (way) less knowledge of the company. But we're going there, to the ASX, whether we like it or not.

The fundamentals have improved massively since the reverse takeover, they suggest that a few insto's might want to sniff around at this very low SP.

Did you know Plexure are processing over 330 million global customers (users) on their platform? That's amazing for a former NZ growth company to have made these inroads into a key supplier to a global, growing the McD's base who still own, if I'm not mistaken, a 5.76% share (down from around 9%).

Anyway, hopefully the ASX market gives this a kick up the pants and values it more appropriately than the NZX which got locked into some doldrums.

Onwards, the future is ahead of us, the history no one cares much about.

winner69
26-10-2023, 03:47 PM
Pathetic volume on ASX so far today

Can’t be much interest

winner69
26-10-2023, 03:56 PM
Being solely listed on ASX is not as exciting as when Plexure announced the dual listing in 2020

The dual listing would see the Aussies who understood tech companies better than kiwis drive the Plexure price from about 150 to over $2 …valuing PLX as it should be valued

Don’t think it worked out that way.

Maybe the Aussies remember that!

Ggcc
26-10-2023, 04:24 PM
Just have to be patient. Everyone is waiting for the HY figures and even then I am not expecting anything massive in the first half.

Curly
27-10-2023, 09:10 AM
So when selling, do Kiwi holders now secure Aussie dollars now that TSK is delisted on NZX?

Snow Leopard
27-10-2023, 09:33 AM
So when selling, do Kiwi holders now secure Aussie dollars now that TSK is delisted on NZX?

Your shares are now ASX registered and trades are in AU$. How that works for you depends upon your setup with your broker.

Wheelspanner
27-10-2023, 12:53 PM
Will there be any change to the number of shares held in NZX to what we hold now in ASX due to exchange variance?
I was awaiting any correspondence from the share registry, but none so far!

winner69
27-10-2023, 01:08 PM
Your shares are now ASX registered and trades are in AU$. How that works for you depends upon your setup with your broker.

Same number of shares

They said sending you your new SRN details early November

Baa_Baa
27-10-2023, 01:14 PM
https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02730203-2A1483097?access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a 39ff4

26 October 2023

TASK Group Holdings Limited – Sole listing on ASX commences Monday, 30 October 2023
As announced on 26 September 2023, TASK Group Holdings Limited (ASX and NZX: TSK) (TASK) will complete its delisting from the NZX Main Board (NZX) from the close of business today, 26 October 2023. The consolidation to a sole listing on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) will commence on Monday, 30 October 2023.

TASK shareholders who held shares through the NZX will be automatically transferred to the ASX, and new Shareholder Reference Numbers will be mailed to those shareholders by Friday, 3 November 2023. No further action is required from shareholders.

ENDS

steveb
27-10-2023, 01:41 PM
Not sure if this thread will be suspended,but I have started a new thread on the ASX markets if anyone is interested.

sb9
30-10-2023, 11:48 AM
Strong cash flow generated in the Sep quarter as per report released on ASX

Ggcc
30-10-2023, 11:49 AM

Not Bad

https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02732123-2A1483829?access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a 39ff4

winner69
30-10-2023, 12:00 PM

At least it was +ve unlike that pretty bad 1st quarter

sb9
30-10-2023, 12:30 PM
At least it was +ve unlike that pretty bad 1st quarter

Sure, that’s why it got sold down slowly after touching 60c NZ before that. Current report should send it back to at least 50c AU and seems to be kicking into action on ASX now.

Rawz
30-10-2023, 12:42 PM
Good quarterly numbers

winner69
30-10-2023, 01:05 PM
Good quarterly numbers

Quarter yes

FCF 12 months to March 2023 was $15.4m

Rolling 12 months to September 2023 was $9.8m

Generating less cash as time passes

Even September half year (YTD September) is a lot less than last year pcp

Suppose I still have to keep the faith and hope for better times eh

Ggcc
30-10-2023, 01:13 PM
Sure, that’s why it got sold down slowly after touching 60c NZ before that. Current report should send it back to at least 50c AU and seems to be kicking into action on ASX now.
Agree with your sentiment. It should have been above 50 cents au for a while. The share price will increase further if outside interferences slowed or stopped (Inflation, cost of living, War in Israel etc)

Rawz
30-10-2023, 01:14 PM
Quarter yes

FCF 12 months to March 2023 was $15.4m

Rolling 12 months to September 2023 was $9.8m

Generating less cash as time passes

Even September half year (YTD September) is a lot less than last year pcp

Suppose I still have to keep the faith and hope for better times eh

What’s dragging the cash? Expansion in the USA?

Ggcc
30-10-2023, 01:24 PM
What’s dragging the cash? Expansion in the USA?
A massive increase in operating expenses is definitely one of the reasons. Look into that for the breakdown

Rawz
30-10-2023, 01:28 PM
You got to spend money to make money

winner69
30-10-2023, 01:29 PM

And that’s why I need to believe them and keep the faith eh

winner69
30-10-2023, 06:45 PM

They’ve got more than $30m in the bank ….probably burning a whole in the pocket as they say …hope they spend it well and don’t waste it

Baa_Baa
30-10-2023, 07:03 PM
They’ve got more than $30m in the bank ….probably burning a whole in the pocket as they say …hope they spend it well and don’t waste it

Basically they’re still a family business with a history of making profits, they just got paid a lot to take over Plexure as well. The payments business acquisition was a really good move and will start to show on the top line. I have every confidence that any future acquisitions will be earnings accretive.

Bloody good quarterly imo. Very happy holder and looking forward to a bit more colour on the new customers, USA growth and PLX Asia expansions

Rawz
30-10-2023, 09:18 PM
Basically they’re still a family business with a history of making profits, they just got paid a lot to take over Plexure as well. The payments business acquisition was a really good move and will start to show on the top line. I have every confidence that any future acquisitions will be earnings accretive.

Bloody good quarterly imo. Very happy holder and looking forward to a bit more colour on the new customers, USA growth and PLX Asia expansions

Pretty solid hold. Not much downside risk with all the cash on the balance sheet and owner operator stating their desire to run a growing and profitable business.

Worth a few in ones portfolio. Hold for long term and exit via takeover one day I guess when Houden is done

winner69
31-10-2023, 06:16 PM
Not really much action transaction wise last couple of days but it seems to me that that the few high volume trades the seller is prepared to accept a lower price than what they were after

Like yesterday there was a large NBBO cross at lower than prevailing price.

Rawz
31-10-2023, 07:40 PM
What’s a NBBO?

winner69
31-10-2023, 07:54 PM
What’s a NBBO?

National Best Bid and Offer

Baa_Baa
03-11-2023, 05:03 PM
Has anyone received their new SRN yet?

Ggcc
03-11-2023, 05:19 PM
Has anyone received their new SRN yet?

Not Yet. I am taking it will be there next week. Luckily I am not selling anytime soon

Ggcc
06-11-2023, 01:33 PM
Share price seems to be booming. I can understand why it’s happening

Curly
06-11-2023, 02:43 PM
Does anyone recall when next announcement is due?

Greekwatchdog
06-11-2023, 02:49 PM
Does anyone recall when next announcement is due?

Curly, 21st Nov.

winner69
06-11-2023, 02:58 PM
Curly, 21st Nov.

Looking forward to it ….more colour around those new wins will be exciting …we’ll see real action then

Curly
06-11-2023, 03:04 PM
Curly, 21st Nov.
Thx GW dog. Needing some encouragement after Rugby World Cup loss.

Ggcc
07-11-2023, 12:12 PM
And another great jump in price. What I predicted would happen, happened one month later.

sb9
07-11-2023, 12:22 PM
And another great jump in price. What I predicted would happen, happened one month later.
Yeah, popped nicely on ASX at open leading into results in exactly 2 weeks time.

winner69
07-11-2023, 12:42 PM
Be 60 cents by announcement date …some keen buyers out there

That A$0.60 too

Rawz
07-11-2023, 07:56 PM
Wow just logged on and saw today’s increase. Good stuff.

leaky ship? Something big about to be announced?

Baa_Baa
07-11-2023, 08:25 PM
Wow just logged on and saw today’s increase. Good stuff.

leaky ship? Something big about to be announced?

Leaky ship, LOL you, spend too much time reading the numpties on Hotcopper mate, everything they miss is a leaky ship, LOL?. It's all already been announced, just waiting for a bit more detail at the HY. You onboard already, or missed the run up so far?

TSK/PLX/VML, they've all had a history of very big bolting moves upwards on news, and a slow erosion on no news, until the next news! Ideal traders stock, but need to be in before the news or at the news, or end up chasing it upwards, or worse, getting caught near or at the top and selling at a loss later, or holding at a loss until the next news.

Thing is at the moment with the move to ASX primary listing and delist from NZX, the ASX spread on bid/ask, it's next to illiquid so the wide spread is forcing quite large moves on low volumes in SP for anyone who wants in. The Ask is shallow as well, only going to 0.60 last time I looked.

I expect that will open up a bit, maybe a lot, as the word gets out about this successful company turnaround/takeover. Just McD's they're serving over 330 million users worldwide, pretty impressive for an ex-NZ company, and still expanding.

Aussies might be waking up to their 'local' success story, $30m in the bank on a $150-$170 market cap, new customers in the USA (exciting), expansion of McD's into SE Asia, and a few customer implementations underway. Profitable as well, quite the turnaround from a year ago.

Easy to miss the 'get onboard' call, but if SP history continues to play out, there's still some time before the HY, otherwise you'll probably get another bite of the cherry leading into the full year six months from now, albeit probably at a premium to todays price.

Rawz
07-11-2023, 09:57 PM
Leaky ship, LOL you, spend too much time reading the numpties on Hotcopper mate, everything they miss is a leaky ship, LOL?. It's all already been announced, just waiting for a bit more detail at the HY. You onboard already, or missed the run up so far?

TSK/PLX/VML, they've all had a history of very big bolting moves upwards on news, and a slow erosion on no news, until the next news! Ideal traders stock, but need to be in before the news or at the news, or end up chasing it upwards, or worse, getting caught near or at the top and selling at a loss later, or holding at a loss until the next news.

Thing is at the moment with the move to ASX primary listing and delist from NZX, the ASX spread on bid/ask, it's next to illiquid so the wide spread is forcing quite large moves on low volumes in SP for anyone who wants in. The Ask is shallow as well, only going to 0.60 last time I looked.

I expect that will open up a bit, maybe a lot, as the word gets out about this successful company turnaround/takeover. Just McD's they're serving over 330 million users worldwide, pretty impressive for an ex-NZ company, and still expanding.

Aussies might be waking up to their 'local' success story, $30m in the bank on a $150-$170 market cap, new customers in the USA (exciting), expansion of McD's into SE Asia, and a few customer implementations underway. Profitable as well, quite the turnaround from a year ago.

Easy to miss the 'get onboard' call, but if SP history continues to play out, there's still some time before the HY, otherwise you'll probably get another bite of the cherry leading into the full year six months from now, albeit probably at a premium to todays price.

what was announced?

Yes I hold a few shares. Certainly worth a punt

Curly
08-11-2023, 03:28 PM
Simply Wall Street, “currently 67.7% below fair value. Earnings to grow 88.91% per year, no risk”. Why wouldn’t you hold this stock. Are the Aussies switching on.

winner69
08-11-2023, 03:53 PM
Simply Wall Street, “currently 67.7% below fair value. Earnings to grow 88.91% per year, no risk”. Why wouldn’t you hold this stock. Are the Aussies switching on.

That’s a no risk 50% gain

And then more next year

Curly
08-11-2023, 04:03 PM
Throw in AUD converting to NZ dollar as icing on the cake.

Rawz
08-11-2023, 06:02 PM
Up another 7%

Something’s a foot

Scroogeus
08-11-2023, 07:10 PM
Anyone able to tell me the price TSK NZX was transferred to the ASX, my thoughts .41 Aus, but can’t seem to find this, any help appreciated.

Baa_Baa
08-11-2023, 08:44 PM
Anyone able to tell me the price TSK NZX was transferred to the ASX, my thoughts .41 Aus, but can’t seem to find this, any help appreciated.

There is no 'price transfer' per se, the listing on ASX was already active, the closing price on NZX on the day of its delisting has no bearing on the ASX listed price.

The closing SP of TASK on the day of sole listing on the ASX is the 'starting price' for your portfolio. NZX and ASX prices are not connected in any way.

SailorRob
08-11-2023, 09:46 PM
There is no 'price transfer' per se, the listing on ASX was already active, the closing price on NZX on the day of its delisting has no bearing on the ASX listed price.

The closing SP of TASK on the day of sole listing on the ASX is the 'starting price' for your portfolio. NZX and ASX prices are not connected in any way.

Should be indirectly connected by pro arb traders?

Ggcc
09-11-2023, 11:54 AM
My new SRN arrived so others would be starting to arrive. We might see a little downward pressure as people might start selling some at these prices

Curly
09-11-2023, 12:19 PM
Yes. Last sale on NZ register was at .41nz

Baa_Baa
09-11-2023, 12:25 PM
My new SRN arrived so others would be starting to arrive.

Yes mine too, I contacted the registry and they said it was mailed from Aus on 2 Nov, so 7 days to arrive and 14 days from the delisting!

Greekwatchdog
20-11-2023, 05:20 PM
So tomorrow we have the Half Year and ASM. Big day for shareholders..

Baa_Baa
20-11-2023, 05:53 PM
"Tech industry pivots to profitability", TASK highlighted 14849 (PDF will download)

winner69
20-11-2023, 05:59 PM
"Tech industry pivots to profitability", TASK highlighted 14849 (PDF will download)

BIGGEST TURNAROUND by far of those noted eh BaaBaa

Baa_Baa
20-11-2023, 06:18 PM
BIGGEST TURNAROUND by far of those noted eh BaaBaa

Yes it is, a good illustration of all of them reverting to profit. The 4C quarterly for TASK was terrific, I'm looking forward to call tomorrow.

Hopefully folks aren't confusing the now very good fundamentals of the company and prospects, with the dismal ASX share price, which is being pushed around by an extremely low daily $/volume.

Looks cheap as to me.

winner69
20-11-2023, 06:28 PM
Yes it is, a good illustration of all of them reverting to profit. The 4C quarterly for TASK was terrific, I'm looking forward to call tomorrow.

Hopefully folks aren't confusing the now very good fundamentals of the company and prospects, with the dismal ASX share price, which is being pushed around by an extremely low daily $/volume.

Looks cheap as to me.

If you apply some of the stuff that Clare have recently come up a conservative valuation of Task would be 140/170 …pretty cool eh

Baa_Baa
20-11-2023, 06:45 PM
If you apply some of the stuff that Clare have recently come up a conservative valuation of Task would be 140/170 …pretty cool eh

By Christmas :t_up:, lol

Seriously though, it's amazing how TASK has turned around from where we were a year or so ago, SP down 90% !!. People probably forgotten it was $NZ 1.59 three years ago, so not out of the question it could go back there easily, the company is a lot stronger now. Even from the lows less than 18 months ago, it's up 250% already.

Anyway, I have a truckload and the balanced portfolio police will come calling if I dared buy any more!
:eek2:

winner69
20-11-2023, 06:49 PM
By Christmas :t_up:, lol

Seriously though, it's amazing how TASK has turned around from where we were a year or so ago, SP down 90% !!. People probably forgotten it was $NZ 1.59 three years ago, so not out of the question it could go back there easily, the company is a lot stronger now. Even from the lows less than 18 months ago, it's up 250% already.

Anyway, I have a truckload and the balanced portfolio police will come calling if I dared buy any more!
:eek2:

The balanced portfolio police won’t be able keep up as %age portfolio keeps increasing at a fast pace …without buying more

Baa_Baa
20-11-2023, 06:56 PM
The balanced portfolio police won’t be able keep up as %age portfolio keeps increasing at a fast pace …without buying more

What a fine problem to have, that will be. Something to look forward to.

winner69
20-11-2023, 07:44 PM
What a fine problem to have, that will be. Something to look forward to.

If TSK 50% portfolio now even it doubles in price the 50% will only go to about 66% …of course that depends on others in your portfolio but they won’t be doubling will they!

sb9
20-11-2023, 08:06 PM

Looks cheap as to me.

Someone trying to push iit down to 42c at close ahead of results tomorrow. Eagerly waiting for details...

Baa_Baa
20-11-2023, 08:26 PM
Someone trying to push iit down to 42c at close ahead of results tomorrow. Eagerly waiting for details...

Yep, eagerly awaiting the update. The ASX sole listing is early days, folks need to know that, for example, today traded under $18k total and the price swing was 3.5 cents 7.7% down. Ridiculous, it's being moved by minnows with a few 100 or 1000 to spend/sell, there's no instos or large holders participating in this market charade.

Like for example, 20 shares ($9) dropped it to $45.5, then 100 shares ($44) dropped it to $44. It closes after that on $42 with less than $7,500 traded.

It's a circus, hopefully TASK wake up to this (the real owners have 37% or so which is rapidly declining in value on market) and get off their butts and promo to the instos that we have a successfully profitable Australian company here (cough), that is massively underpriced.

Might have to move to Hotcopper to punt this, we're not making a dent in it from NZ anymore.

winner69
21-11-2023, 10:35 AM
ALL THE GOOD NEWS HERE

c’mon guys, let’s get a rave going

https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02742446-2A1488921?access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a 39ff4

whatsup
21-11-2023, 10:56 AM
At last this should silence the nay sayers , $3.3 operating profit ( but $3 mil after tax loss) $34 mil recurring revenue
with, $31 mil cash, not too bad imo.

Rawz
21-11-2023, 12:07 PM
So it’s trading 2x revenue with $30m cash in the bank. A lot to like

silverblizzard888
21-11-2023, 12:22 PM
Decent result, still a work in progress for the international expansion. I think the market was looking for a positive NPAT number, but the business is still in the red due to heavy investment for continued growth.

Rawz
21-11-2023, 12:24 PM
Decent result, still a work in progress for the international expansion. I think the market was looking for a positive NPAT number, but the business is still in the red due to heavy investment for continued growth.

yes agree. pretty big FTE growth. They have the cash so makes sense to invest for the future vs run profits.

even though they have said multiple times that they will run a growing profitable business, guess we can forgive them and stay invested.

silverblizzard888
21-11-2023, 12:36 PM
yes agree. pretty big FTE growth. They have the cash so makes sense to invest for the future vs run profits.

even though they have said multiple times that they will run a growing profitable business, guess we can forgive them and stay invested.

That was probably the problem to begin with, they kept mentioning the word profit and built up expectations there would be a decent profit, which attracts the wrong intentions or the wrong type of investors. Second half is generally stronger due to seasonality so they should produce a small profit then. Part of the legacy problems with the company is that is always been about growth at the expense of everything else, the market wanted to see a profit to know that things had changed.

Curly
21-11-2023, 12:54 PM
NZ not liking result, down .04c. Buying opportunity?

Cobber
21-11-2023, 02:01 PM
That was probably the problem to begin with, they kept mentioning the word profit and built up expectations there would be a decent profit, which attracts the wrong intentions or the wrong type of investors. Second half is generally stronger due to seasonality so they should produce a small profit then. Part of the legacy problems with the company is that is always been about growth at the expense of everything else, the market wanted to see a profit to know that things had changed.

At some point they will need to work out how to both grow and generate a profit at the same time.

pauljc
21-11-2023, 02:23 PM
NZ not liking result, down .04c. Buying opportunity?
Agree, great buying opportunity......but, can someone please explain how I can buy Australian shares?
Somewhat related...my existing holding is still shown as TSK.NZ in my Jarden portfolio, how do I change this to show TSK.AU

haewai
21-11-2023, 02:30 PM
Agree, great buying opportunity......but, can someone please explain how I can buy Australian shares?
Somewhat related...my existing holding is still shown as TSK.NZ in my Jarden portfolio, how do I change this to show TSK.AU

Call or email Jarden

I emailed Jarden and they deleted TSK.NZ from my portfolio

SailorRob
21-11-2023, 04:20 PM
So it’s trading 2x revenue with $30m cash in the bank. A lot to like

Hmmm but according to you 0.5 x revenue would be far worse...

Rawz
21-11-2023, 07:15 PM
Hmmm but according to you 0.5 x revenue would be far worse...
If this was trading 0.5x revenue the business would be performing bad. Likely revenue decreasing yoy

Baa_Baa
21-11-2023, 07:33 PM
If this was trading 0.5x revenue the business would be performing bad. Likely revenue decreasing yoy

It was, maybe worse, I haven't done that maths. I repeat, SP 90% down from ATH and back up 200%+ since then, on vastly improving fundamentals.

Cheap as. Cheaper would be better. But the balanced portfolio police will be after me.

Rawz
21-11-2023, 07:45 PM
It was, maybe worse, I haven't done that maths. I repeat, SP 90% down from ATH and back up 200%+ since then, on vastly improving fundamentals.

Cheap as. Cheaper would be better. But the balanced portfolio police will be after me.
Yes but that was before the renegotiation of the McD contract. And before Houden flashed us with how profitable this business can be. Then it re-rated back up.

At one stage it was looking very bad

Baa_Baa
21-11-2023, 07:57 PM
Yes but that was before the renegotiation of the McD contract. And before Houden flashed us with how profitable this business can be. Then it re-rated back up.

At one stage it was looking very bad

And now it's looking ...

Very cheap.

SailorRob
21-11-2023, 08:08 PM

Are you over 10% of net worth in TSK Baa_Baa?

Baa_Baa
21-11-2023, 08:19 PM
Are you over 10% of net worth in TSK Baa_Baa?

Nowhere near 10% of net worth in TSK. Why do you ask?

SailorRob
21-11-2023, 08:38 PM
Nowhere near 10% of net worth in TSK. Why do you ask?

Just all your commentary about the already large position and unwilling to add and portfolio police etc...

I personally wouldn't go more than 5% of net worth on something like this but if you're less than 10% your comments don't make sense to me.

What I'm saying in that anything less than 10% can't really be called bucket loads.

Percentages of stock portfolio only are very nonsensical, so if it was 50% of your stock portfolio but 5% of net worth then no point calling it a big position as its not.

Not having a go at you Baa_Baa just from your comments I thought you had the gun loaded. It's a good thing you don't IMO.

Rawz
21-11-2023, 08:44 PM
But Sailor most here view their home as a roof over their head, a place to share Christmas with family etc.

You and a handful of others would include your house boat as part of their ‘investments’. Vast majority don’t view it that way.

Baa_Baa
21-11-2023, 08:44 PM
I'm going to move mostly to posting on HotCopper https://hotcopper.com.au/asx/tsk/discussion/ , there's not much point in discussing this here anymore imo. Excuse me if I don't reply or post here very often, the SP price action has moved to ASX, and we need those Aussies, especially the insto's, to get onto it, it's their company now.

SailorRob
21-11-2023, 08:49 PM
But Sailor most here view their home as a roof over their head, a place to share Christmas with family etc.

You and a handful of others would include your house boat as part of their ‘investments’. Vast majority don’t view it that way.

Wrong way to look at it.

If you have a freehold house you can do as you please with a 500 to a million $ stock portfolio... You have something to fall back on...

My point being, if you have a freehold 800k house then a 200k position in a 400k portfolio is a yawn.

If you don't, and you have a 200k position in a 400k portfolio thus 50% of net worth... You can post about your massive size.

SailorRob
21-11-2023, 08:50 PM

Houseboat? Wtf?

whatsup
21-11-2023, 08:56 PM
I'm going to move mostly to posting on HotCopper https://hotcopper.com.au/asx/tsk/discussion/ , there's not much point in discussing this here anymore imo. Excuse me if I don't reply or post here very often, the SP price action has moved to ASX, and we need those Aussies, especially the insto's, to get onto it, it's their company now.

B B , It will be a very long time that the H Cerits follow TSK, imo they view this as a N Z share despite its Aussie rebirth , I think atm there is more interest from N Zers following due it its history.

Baa_Baa
21-11-2023, 09:00 PM
Just all your commentary about the already large position and unwilling to add and portfolio police etc...

I personally wouldn't go more than 5% of net worth on something like this but if you're less than 10% your comments don't make sense to me.

What I'm saying in that anything less than 10% can't really be called bucket loads.

Percentages of stock portfolio only are very nonsensical, so if it was 50% of your stock portfolio but 5% of net worth then no point calling it a big position as its not.

Not having a go at you Baa_Baa just from your comments I thought you had the gun loaded. It's a good thing you don't IMO.

I'm not conflating net worth with 'portfolio' of stocks held. TSK is a largish % of shares portfolio, and a much smaller % of net worth.

Appreciate your concern about the portfolio %, but it's been that way for awhile and I don't sell stocks very often, especially ones that the market disagrees with me, but that I have a lot more patience for.

I'm not going to delve into this anymore, I have a sizeable position in TSK, relative to portfolio of shares, and no plan to sell, with no immediate intention of increasing either at this point, although if it goes much lower from here I might get another trailer load, and am very happy with the progress of the company.

SailorRob
21-11-2023, 09:01 PM

You're way better off just having fat stacks of cash and getting a nice air B&B for Xmas that your family actually want to visit.

Rent a 5 million dollar house for something to cover yer head

800k is 10 mill in 25 years. Or a rotting shack. Up to you.

SailorRob
21-11-2023, 09:05 PM
I'm not conflating net worth with 'portfolio' of stocks held. TSK is a largish % of shares portfolio, and a much smaller % of net worth.

Appreciate your concern about the portfolio %, but it's been that way for awhile and I don't sell stocks very often, especially ones that the market disagrees with me, but that I have a lot more patience for.

I'm not going to delve into this anymore, I have a sizeable position in TSK, relative to portfolio of shares, and no plan to sell, with no immediate intention of increasing either at this point, although if it goes much lower from here I might get another trailer load, and am very happy with the progress of the company.

I wasn't clear.

I'm concerned about how small your position is not how big.

It's chicken feed, not worth mentioning in a post.

SailorRob
21-11-2023, 09:07 PM

Baa_Baa...

To get another trailer load, you first need a trailer load.

You don't have one.

Your size not my business but it ain't no trailer or bucket load.

Baa_Baa
21-11-2023, 09:09 PM
B B , It will be a very long time that the H Cerits follow TSK, imo they view this as a N Z share despite its Aussie rebirth , I think atm there is more interest from N Zers following due it its history.

Probably, but now that its ASX sole listing, it won't go anywhere unless the insto's get onto it. Have you seen the ASX volumes? Bloody ridiculous, a few $100, or even $10, can up or down the share price by 3-4 cents and the volume is pitiful.

Need to up the volume on the most influential ASX trading site, Hotcopper. None of them are looking at Sharetrader!

SailorRob
21-11-2023, 09:09 PM
What do the balanced portfolio police do when someone puts 800% of net worth into a house I do often wonder.

SailorRob
21-11-2023, 09:10 PM
Probably, but now that its ASX sole listing, it won't go anywhere unless the insto's get onto it. Have you seen the ASX volumes? Bloody ridiculous, a few $100, or even $10, can up or down the share price by 3-4 cents and the volume is pitiful.

Need to up the volume on the most influential ASX trading site, Hotcopper. None of them are looking at Sharetrader!

You have had some excellent analysis of TSK, appreciate it. Will check out the HC thread.

Baa_Baa
21-11-2023, 09:17 PM
I wasn't clear.

I'm concerned about how small your position is not how big.

It's chicken feed, not worth mentioning in a post.

Ok, you on the rum again? Why would you be concerned about my position? I've been about as transparent as I can be without disclosing actual numbers. It's not chicken feed for me, anything with six figures is not chicken feed, but it's not relative to net worth, and I can't see why it would be important at all to you.

SailorRob
21-11-2023, 09:54 PM
Ok, you on the rum again? Why would you be concerned about my position? I've been about as transparent as I can be without disclosing actual numbers. It's not chicken feed for me, anything with six figures is not chicken feed, but it's not relative to net worth, and I can't see why it would be important at all to you.

No, I've had a bit of Dak but that's all.

Just saying, I have well over 5% of net worth in stellantis for example.

I would never ever post about that position being a trailer load or bucket full as it's not.

It matters to me as I value your analysis and opinion greatly and I was lead to believe that you had a sizeable position by
some of the phrases you used. But in my language you don't, so now when I read your commentary on TSK it has different context to me.

If I have a net worth of 10 million and TSK is 100% of my stock portfolio at 500k...

It's chicken feed and I cannot post about it being a trailer load.

Everything is RELATIVE. Not absolute.

100k to some is massive to others nothing.

Ggcc
24-11-2023, 02:44 PM
https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02744877-2A1489959?access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a 39ff4

Bill Crichton seems happy to buy more

sb9
27-11-2023, 10:53 PM
Someone’s quietly accumulating all low hanging fruit.

Greekwatchdog
30-11-2023, 12:55 PM
Bill Crichton buying more

https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02747859-2A1491309?access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a 39ff4

Ggcc
30-11-2023, 01:19 PM
Bill Crichton buying more

https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02747859-2A1491309?access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a 39ff4
Very positive sign for the future of this company when insiders are buying.

Greekwatchdog
08-12-2023, 06:33 PM
Out of the NZ Herald this afternoon.

Overnight McDonald’s, the biggest food brand globally, announced it is opening 50,000 new restaurants by 2027 and has formed a partnership with Google to connect the latest cloud technology and apply generative artificial intelligence (AI) solutions across its restaurants worldwide.

Baa_Baa
08-12-2023, 06:56 PM
Out of the NZ Herald this afternoon.

Overnight McDonald’s, the biggest food brand globally, announced it is opening 50,000 new restaurants by 2027 and has formed a partnership with Google to connect the latest cloud technology and apply generative artificial intelligence (AI) solutions across its restaurants worldwide.

Good spotting GWD, it's breaking news. The key thing is that this is all about enhancing their existing apps (supplied by who?).

"McDonald’s will be harnessing Google’s technology to roll out significant advancements to its 150 million member-strong mobile app and thousands of its self-service restaurant kiosks."

It's all over the tech and QSR media.

https://www.hcamag.com/nz/news/general/mcdonalds-partners-with-google-chatbots/469363#:~:text=Under%20the%20partnership%2C%20McDo nald%27s%20will,on%2Dsite%2C%20as%20needed.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mcdonalds-and-google-cloud-announce-strategic-partnership-to-connect-latest-cloud-technology-and-apply-generative-ai-solutions-across-its-restaurants-worldwide-302006915.html

https://www.verdict.co.uk/mcdonalds-partners-with-google-to-fit-restaurants-with-cloud-and-genai-technology/?cf-view

https://www.businesstoday.in/technology/news/story/mcdonalds-to-use-googles-generative-ai-to-make-your-burgers-fries-fresher-and-hotter-408486-2023-12-07

https://w.media/mcdonalds-and-google-forge-cloud-computing-partnership/

https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/resources/mcdonald-hong-kong-uses-google-analytics-4-to-increase-in-app-orders-by-550-percent/

https://techstory.in/mcdonalds-and-google-forge-strategic-partnership-for-ai-integration-in-2024/

Just a few of the articles doing the rounds.

In plain english, this does not replace the App's, it enhances them. Would be good to hear an update from the Plexure division, on how this affects them, or not.

silverblizzard888
08-12-2023, 07:44 PM
McDonalds also launching a new brand called CosMcs selling mainly beverages. More restaurants means more revenue for TSK.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2023/12/mcdonald-s-has-unveiled-its-new-retro-themed-restaurant-chain-cosmc-s-which-it-hopes-will-rival-starbucks.html

Baa_Baa
08-12-2023, 08:08 PM
McDonalds also launching a new brand called CosMcs selling mainly beverages. More restaurants means more revenue for TSK.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2023/12/mcdonald-s-has-unveiled-its-new-retro-themed-restaurant-chain-cosmc-s-which-it-hopes-will-rival-starbucks.html

Yes! Quite a bold move, "Meanwhile, the fast food giant plans to open about 10,000 McDonald's sites globally by 2027, with many in China. The expansion would boost the number of its stores to about 50,000." Just one of many articles https://www.bbc.com/news/business-67644926
Who is McDonald's strategic partner (for the next four years at least) for QSR tech, Mobile App, in house Kiosk, ordering, and soon .. Pay? Much to look forward to.

Unbelievable really, that we have the largest QSR in the world as our customer, yes, the whole world, as our key customer, and they own a decent chuck of the company as well. Yet we're still a market cap minnow, even now ASX sole listed. The market will wake up eventually.

TSK is so underpriced it's ridiculous, but good for SP entry or top up. Easy to miss the move that's coming, imho.

RupertBear
08-12-2023, 09:04 PM
Yes! Quite a bold move, "Meanwhile, the fast food giant plans to open about 10,000 McDonald's sites globally by 2027, with many in China. The expansion would boost the number of its stores to about 50,000." Just one of many articles https://www.bbc.com/news/business-67644926
Who is McDonald's strategic partner (for the next four years at least) for QSR tech, Mobile App, in house Kiosk, ordering, and soon .. Pay? Much to look forward to.

Unbelievable really, that we have the largest QSR in the world as our customer, yes, the whole world, as our key customer, and they own a decent chuck of the company as well. Yet we're still a market cap minnow, even now ASX sole listed. The market will wake up eventually.

TSK is so underpriced it's ridiculous, but good for SP entry or top up. Easy to miss the move that's coming, imho.

Geez Baa Baa stop it you are getting me overly excited!! :D

Ggcc
08-12-2023, 09:35 PM
Geez Baa Baa stop it you are getting me overly excited!! :D
Baa Baa is just seeing what we all see who are invested for the long run. Very undervalued I feel, but do your own research

Rawz
09-12-2023, 09:31 AM
“Very undervalued”

How are you guys valuing this?

winner69
09-12-2023, 09:42 AM
“Very undervalued”

Price = Sales X 4 PLUS the value of the story = $1.50 +

SailorRob
09-12-2023, 09:58 AM
“Very undervalued”

Same way you value anything;

The discounted value of the cash that can be taken out of the business during its remaining life.

winner69
09-12-2023, 10:22 AM
Same way you value anything;

The discounted value of the cash that can be taken out of the business during its remaining life.

That’s what the story is all about ….so the story is key

SailorRob
09-12-2023, 10:24 AM
That’s what the story is all about ….so the story is key

Can you elaborate further on this?

Does the story change the cash that can be taken out over the life?

winner69
09-12-2023, 10:40 AM
Can you elaborate further on this?

Does the story change the cash that can be taken out over the life?

C’mon now Rob, you know full well that one needs to know the story before one can estimate/guess/value the cash that can be taken over the life.

SailorRob
09-12-2023, 10:47 AM
C’mon now Rob, you know full well that one needs to know the story before one can estimate/guess/value the cash that can be taken over the life.

Ok I see what you mean, yes this is true, but often knowing 'the story' can lead to massive mistakes in the estimating.

Comes down to which story I guess.

winner69
09-12-2023, 11:01 AM
Ok I see what you mean, yes this is true, but often knowing 'the story' can lead to massive mistakes in the estimating.

Comes down to which story I guess.

Now you’re on to it…….. and there are ‘conservative’ stories and there are fairy tales

Suppose one picks the one that they are comfortable with

Sort of says that the ‘discounted value if the cash that can taken out over the life’ is rather an in exact science and just a guess.

SailorRob
09-12-2023, 11:08 AM
Now you’re on to it…….. and there are ‘conservative’ stories and there are fairy tales

Suppose one picks the one that they are comfortable with

Sort of says that the ‘discounted value if the cash that can taken out over the life’ is rather an in exact science and just a guess.

There is a VAST difference between an inexact science and 'just a guess'

A VAST difference.

Rawz
09-12-2023, 12:59 PM
So we have ruled out discounting the cash flows as it’s impossible to guess these for the next 10 years.

I like the revenue multiple compared to its peers approach