PDA

View Full Version : TSK - TASK Group Holdings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

macduffy
22-05-2020, 11:56 AM
Could be profit-takers, non-believers. I did expect it to come off at some point. Down almost 20% from highs of 1.06 recently. Can't see it going below 80c IMHO. The chart implies 86c is support if the current uptrend continues.

Remember the CEO said they'd make a forecast in a few weeks, which, based off the comments in the annual report and subsequent media it should be good.

I get a bit nervous when I read about "believers" and "non-believers". It sounds too close to "being in love " with a stock, which some very successful investors warn against, from time to time!

:mellow:

Disc: Following but not holding.

Justin
22-05-2020, 01:59 PM
I believe it is just the general market bringing them down. Also Shareclarity has a DCF valuation of 53Cents... it is posted on the Plexure Ticker for all Direct Broking clients to see when they check the price too...

53cents = about 74million market value minus about 14m cash on hand = 60million divide by 1 million profit = 60 P/E Emmm Fair enough.

Checkmate
22-05-2020, 02:54 PM
53cents = about 74million market value minus about 14m cash on hand = 60million divide by 1 million profit = 60 P/E Emmm Fair enough.
Might wanna try using a different kind of ratio than price to earnings mate. Any good analyst will tell you that price to earnings ratio is not so viable for a “growth” company.

Justin
22-05-2020, 03:55 PM
Might wanna try using a different kind of ratio than price to earnings mate. Any good analyst will tell you that price to earnings ratio is not so viable for a “growth” company.

Maybe there are no accurate way, all about believe, in plexus we trust , haha:)

winner69
22-05-2020, 04:16 PM
Maybe there are no accurate way, all about believe, in plexus we trust , haha:)

It’s the power of a story drives corporate value, adding substance to numbers and persuading even cautious investors to take risks.

Plexus obviously has a story.

blobbles
22-05-2020, 04:17 PM

You need a different yard stick for SaaS companies. Lots of good resources out there to measure SaaS companies worth.

If you were using only PE, then Xero should be worth what? $80 SP / 0.01 earnings per share? 8000?

Nigelk
22-05-2020, 04:23 PM
I'm moving some money from PPH to PLX.
At 4 and a bit times revenue, plus cash, for profitable company having healthy growth, I think it's a better buy.

King1212
22-05-2020, 04:28 PM
Craig is planning something big.. people. Be patient n should be paid off.

Follow the money....Master Winner is here....what could go wrong?

Made good money followed Master winner ...

Justin
22-05-2020, 04:34 PM

You need a different yard stick for SaaS companies. Lots of good resources out there to measure SaaS companies worth.

If you were using only PE, then Xero should be worth what? $80 SP / 0.01 earnings per share? 8000?

I don’t think plx can compare with xero ,just like you don’t think plx can compare with pph, and 0.53 not from me actually from Shareclarity.

Brain
23-05-2020, 06:51 AM
I believe it is just the general market bringing them down. Also Shareclarity has a DCF valuation of 53Cents... it is posted on the Plexure Ticker for all Direct Broking clients to see when they check the price too...

Applying DCF to Plexure at this stage is total nonsense. Future cash flow prediction will be influenced by the bias of person doing the prediction. DCF is only useful when a company has a history of cash flow either stable declining or increasing. Even with reliable data the result will still be effected by the judgement or bias of the analyst.

winner69
23-05-2020, 09:52 AM
Applying DCF to Plexure at this stage is total nonsense. Future cash flow prediction will be influenced by the bias of person doing the prediction. DCF is only useful when a company has a history of cash flow either stable declining or increasing. Even with reliable data the result will still be effected by the judgement or bias of the analyst.

Your brain keeps telling you crap that isn’t true. (Different brain to you Brain)

Donald Rumsfeld once said -

There are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we now know we don’t know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don’t know.

King1212
23-05-2020, 10:05 AM
Go master winner! Tell Brain what Donald knows and what he does not know!

mikeybycrikey
23-05-2020, 11:45 AM
Your brain keeps telling you crap that isn’t true. (Different brain to you Brain)

Donald Rumsfeld once said -

There are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we now know we don’t know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don’t know.

I would tend to agree with Brain a little here. For a growth company like Plexure, using DCF could get you a valuation anywhere between maybe 40c and $5. It's really valuing the assumptions of the modeller rather than the value of the company.

I wouldn't say that DCF is nonsense but when pricing in exponential growth, small changes in the assumptions will create large changes in the value. And with the large changes in the SP this week I don't think the market can even agree on a value for PLX.

For me personally, I'm not sure if their growth is going to dry up tomorrow or if they will grow 40% next year. How do you value that?

Brain
23-05-2020, 12:26 PM
Yes I would never say that DCF is nonsense it is just that it needs to be applied using good data. Garbage in garbage out.

I will never loose any sleep over the unknown unknowns.

winner69
23-05-2020, 01:36 PM
Rod Drury was always proud of his crocodile chart - didn’t have real data in it but it was a chart that had the revenue line steeply rising before flattening out and the expenses line only increasing slightly.

He told us it looked like a crocodile mouth and the wider it became the more Xero’s profits were going to be ...cool eh

Rod no longer there but the crocodile’s mouth never got as wide as Rods chart implied it be.

Maybe Craig needs a chart like Rods....currently down at neck level but surely the mouth must be opening big soon.

winner69
23-05-2020, 01:38 PM
Yes I would never say that DCF is nonsense it is just that it needs to be applied using good data. Garbage in garbage out.

Even revenue multiples as a basis for valuation needs good data ....otherwise even that way is nonsense.

King1212
23-05-2020, 03:03 PM
Many posters here sound like Ogcc....when PPh founders...Chris n Elliot sold down their shares ...saying the company was crap....

Look at Pph now ..all fundies flocking in and buy..buy ..buy

Brain
23-05-2020, 09:11 PM
Even revenue multiples as a basis for valuation needs good data ....otherwise even that way is nonsense.

true but at least revenue is something that is quantifiable and we are looking at current revenue and not trying to guess what it will be in 5 years or so time. The real art in this though is assessing the ability of the board and management. Are they up to the task and also does the product or service have legs? These are the tricky questions and I wish there were simple answers to this. The answers to those questions in my opinion is more important than the balance sheets unless of course a company is loaded with debt, and goodwill and is bleeding cash.

Brain
23-05-2020, 09:33 PM
Many posters here sound like Ogcc....when PPh founders...Chris n Elliot sold down their shares ...saying the company was crap....

Look at Pph now ..all fundies flocking in and buy..buy ..buy

I am not highly critical of PLX . I have sold a fair few and It is still about 18 % of my portfolio. I have done well out of PLX and to some extent it has been a Covid antidote. My attitude is that PLX is not a done deal. 180 m users and they are not making a significant profit. There has been a lot of criticism of Balances views which I believe are just that - his views No Ulterior motives. I welcome the views of those for and against. Balance may well be right but in the short term people could make money. It is for individual investors to decide how they play the game. Personally I hope PLX goes from strength to strength and we all make money but there are significant risks involved. As winner would remind us - many known unknowns.

Cobber
24-05-2020, 02:12 PM
I am not highly critical of PLX . I have sold a fair few and It is still about 18 % of my portfolio. I have done well out of PLX and to some extent it has been a Covid antidote. My attitude is that PLX is not a done deal. 180 m users and they are not making a significant profit. There has been a lot of criticism of Balances views which I believe are just that - his views No Ulterior motives. I welcome the views of those for and against. Balance may well be right but in the short term people could make money. It is for individual investors to decide how they play the game. Personally I hope PLX goes from strength to strength and we all make money but there are significant risks involved. As winner would remind us - many known unknowns.

As Craig outlined last week, many of PLX contracts come from 2014 days when the platform was licensed based on the number of stores, not users.

This is the difference between the old management and the new management.... the ability to pivot those contracts towards more profitability. I just hope when the old contracts come up to be renewed, that they are happy to pay increase costs for the platform.

To be honest the new management team have taken this company from strength to strength. I'm happy to hold.

Baa_Baa
24-05-2020, 02:55 PM
As Craig outlined last week, many of PLX contracts come from 2014 days when the platform was licensed based on the number of stores, not users.

This is the difference between the old management and the new management.... the ability to pivot those contracts towards more profitability. I just hope when the old contracts come up to be renewed, that they are happy to pay increase costs for the platform.

To be honest the new management team have taken this company from strength to strength. I'm happy to hold.

What is likely in renegotiation of existing contracts, assuming a pivot to transaction revenues or share of transactions converting to sales, is that essentially that PLX position to take on more risk in that their customers customers (end users) transactions will be sustained or preferably grow, and the tradeoff will be to accept lower recurring license revenue. It's a careful balancing act.

The other thing that will feature is that while the bulk of PLX transactions will be from McDonalds, but the contracts are country based, the risk to McD's is disparity of costs (revenues to PLX) across their global network. With McD's ownership of PLX and influence, it is possible if not probable that McD's corporate negotiates a global contract model that countries roll into when their current contracts expire. That global negotiating position is very strong on McD's side and while they are likely to want PLX to remain viable and successful, they won't be motivated to make PLX super successful at McD's expense.

Ultimately the future prosperity of PLX is reliant on bringing online more and more global / country scale customers, using a blended license & transactions contract model as the benchmark. I'd like to hear more about how the White Castle rollout and IKEA is going. PLX have a habit of going silent on great prospects, like Anheuser-Busch. We've heard nothing either about 7Eleven Fuel App launched in March 2016, although it is still an advertised product. The SuperIndo contract is exciting for the diversification into grocery retail and assuming that goes well, the massive potential of SuperIndo's 51% owner Ahold Delhaize.

Having held most since 2014, after taking a chunk of profit in 2016, now mostly fully loaded again. 30% of portfolio. I am impressed with how the Board and Management have moved this company to growth, modest profit, and decent cash reserves. It is much more secure as each year goes by and has a great future, imho.

Hoop
24-05-2020, 06:37 PM

Using DCF to value a SaaS company gives you a nonsense result. Use the right tools for the right job, Guys....It's like a painter using a sledgehammer to paint a wall and following up with a big time consuming discussion on the painter's forum site why it doesn't work..

Cobber
25-05-2020, 10:00 AM
What is likely in renegotiation of existing contracts, assuming a pivot to transaction revenues or share of transactions converting to sales, is that essentially that PLX position to take on more risk in that their customers customers (end users) transactions will be sustained or preferably grow, and the tradeoff will be to accept lower recurring license revenue. It's a careful balancing act.

The other thing that will feature is that while the bulk of PLX transactions will be from McDonalds, but the contracts are country based, the risk to McD's is disparity of costs (revenues to PLX) across their global network. With McD's ownership of PLX and influence, it is possible if not probable that McD's corporate negotiates a global contract model that countries roll into when their current contracts expire. That global negotiating position is very strong on McD's side and while they are likely to want PLX to remain viable and successful, they won't be motivated to make PLX super successful at McD's expense.

Ultimately the future prosperity of PLX is reliant on bringing online more and more global / country scale customers, using a blended license & transactions contract model as the benchmark. I'd like to hear more about how the White Castle rollout and IKEA is going. PLX have a habit of going silent on great prospects, like Anheuser-Busch. We've heard nothing either about 7Eleven Fuel App launched in March 2016, although it is still an advertised product. The SuperIndo contract is exciting for the diversification into grocery retail and assuming that goes well, the massive potential of SuperIndo's 51% owner Ahold Delhaize.

Having held most since 2014, after taking a chunk of profit in 2016, now mostly fully loaded again. 30% of portfolio. I am impressed with how the Board and Management have moved this company to growth, modest profit, and decent cash reserves. It is much more secure as each year goes by and has a great future, imho.

If McDonalds want a global license, they would be better off just buying the rest of PLX that they don't own. This is what they have done in the past with other tech companies who have been allowed to continue selling to 3rd party businesses.

I don't think McDonalds can exit PLX anymore, they are way to invested... and will only have the same result if they were to try and pivot to a PLX competitor.

It will be interesting to see how PLX get over the $30 million revenue mark... more McDonalds or more new customers. Time will tell.

macduffy
25-05-2020, 01:21 PM
Perhaps I'm being naïve here but does the McD shareholding inhibit PLX marketing to other fastfood chains?

mfd
25-05-2020, 01:39 PM
Perhaps I'm being naïve here but does the McD shareholding inhibit PLX marketing to other fastfood chains?

Yes, the company signed a list of companies they would not be allowed to work with. Presumably it includes most of the large QSR companies but clearly did not include white castle. I don't know who is on the list or how long it lasts.

Checkmate
26-05-2020, 10:19 AM
Looks like Plexy is out of the limelight for now... until next big announcement i guess. Bids aren't very strong..

thedrunkfish
26-05-2020, 10:24 AM
Looks like Plexy is out of the limelight for now... until next big announcement i guess. Bids aren't very strong..
Shaking the tree.....

sb9
26-05-2020, 10:28 AM
Shaking the tree.....

Exactly, big boys games they want your cheap shares...

Don't take too much notice of live trading depth, that's how big fish suck in poor retail holders of their holdings at cheaper prices...

Balance
26-05-2020, 10:37 AM
Exactly, big boys games they want your cheap shares...

Don't take too much notice of live trading depth, that's how big fish suck in poor retail holders of their holdings at cheaper prices...

That’s how they suck the little fish into buying from them actually. They already have heaps of stock - ramp ‘em up and sell ‘em down. You know the drill.

sb9
26-05-2020, 11:02 AM
That’s how they suck the little fish into buying from them actually. They already have heaps of stock - ramp ‘em up and sell ‘em down. You know the drill.

Sure, fine for them as look at their short term trade gains. I'm happy to hold mine for until that time the true potential is realised.

Balance
26-05-2020, 11:04 AM
Sure, fine for them as look at their short term trade gains. I'm happy to hold mine for until that time the true potential is realised.

It's not an issue for long term believers, sb9 - PLX investors just need to be aware of the 'ramp 'em up & sell 'em down' brigade.

sb9
26-05-2020, 11:06 AM
It's not an issue for long term believers, sb9 - PLX investors just need to be aware of the 'ramp 'em up & sell 'em down' brigade.

Absolutely, I think I'm reasonably aware of that brigade so far with my limited knowledge...

Oliver Mander
26-05-2020, 12:06 PM

They do seem to have a potential issue with 'leaking' of information prior to public announcements...share price moves a fortnight in advance of their results announcements pretty much every time. It seems to settle at or close to a 'fair value' though...so not sure whether its a 'ramp and sell' or simply information leaks.

keenkiwiflyer
27-05-2020, 10:52 AM
2021 sales guidance is due out in the next few weeks, correct?

winner69
27-05-2020, 11:03 AM
2021 sales guidance is due out in the next few weeks, correct?

I think he said a week or so ago a few weeks so maybe any day now.

Cadalac123
27-05-2020, 11:54 AM

Or any week from now .

Cobber
27-05-2020, 12:07 PM

They are probably waiting on a signature on a new contract before releasing LOL

Justin
27-05-2020, 12:55 PM
if so why nobody buying rumour?

macduffy
27-05-2020, 01:00 PM
if so why nobody buying rumour?

Did you miss Cobber's LOL, Justin?

Gerald
27-05-2020, 09:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50Fv6iuMrSY

Aarrgghh
27-05-2020, 11:17 PM
Thanks for posting that video, very interesting, especially the part where they're taking payment as well in Japan.
Their channel also has another video "Plexure - what do we do" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7KPYhRwU1Y

It didn't help me understand at all.

keenkiwiflyer
27-05-2020, 11:21 PM
Really need to change their advertising agency.

Somehow don’t think car manufacturers would be their target type of customer.

Anyway, good results and hoping for good guidance for 2021.

Aarrgghh
28-05-2020, 01:24 AM
Haha Yeah the stock footage was weird huh. Especially when they're talking about an Asian grocery chain but showing a bunch of white people

Brain
28-05-2020, 08:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50Fv6iuMrSY

Did I hear that right? 20M active users per month in japan. I would interpret active user as a distinct individual who uses the app at least once in the month. . Japan’s population is 126M. Doesn’t seem right to me.

keenkiwiflyer
28-05-2020, 08:40 AM
Did I hear that right? 20M active users per month in japan. I would interpret active user as a distinct individual who uses the app at least once in the month. . Japan’s population is 126M. Doesn’t seem right to me.
The Japanese love their Mc Donald’s and it seems their offering was key to ordering during Covid-19, so it wouldn’t suprise me.

King1212
28-05-2020, 08:43 AM
Yup....they love thier Mak do na....!! Just like Po...the panda loves his dumplings!

keenkiwiflyer
28-05-2020, 02:56 PM
Really looking forward to their guidance. Hopefully in the next two weeks..

Captain
01-06-2020, 10:52 AM
Now they've finally made a profit, they're sitting at a P/E of 127 at the current price of $0.90. Does this concern anyone or is it justified?

Captain
01-06-2020, 03:00 PM
Now they've made a profit, this places Plexure's P/E at 127 at the current price of $0.90 - does anyone think this is overvalued or is it justified given the growth potential?

Nigelk
03-06-2020, 02:00 PM
Now they've made a profit, this places Plexure's P/E at 127 at the current price of $0.90 - does anyone think this is overvalued or is it justified given the growth potential?

That's the wrong metric to look at for a high growth tech company. It's 4.5X revenue plus cash on hand. That's low for a company growing so fast and considerably less than Pushpay (about 10x revenue) or Xero (about 18x)

keenkiwiflyer
03-06-2020, 03:00 PM
Hoping for sales guidance to be released within the week..

keenkiwiflyer
08-06-2020, 10:36 AM
This week must be the week..

Cobber
08-06-2020, 12:11 PM
This week must be the week..

You'll know when it's coming. They will make an announcement about an upcoming announcement.

keenkiwiflyer
09-06-2020, 10:45 AM
Haha you aren’t wrong

Justin
09-06-2020, 03:49 PM
I checked the announcements same period last year, no sales guidances?

winner69
09-06-2020, 03:57 PM
I checked the announcements same period last year, no sales guidances?

But they said a few weeks ago there would be a sales update in a couple of weeks

macduffy
09-06-2020, 04:14 PM
But they said a few weeks ago there would be a sales update in a couple of weeks

An update on sales to date, perhaps? But is that "guidance"?

Justin
09-06-2020, 04:30 PM
usually guidance issue before result

winner69
09-06-2020, 04:50 PM
usually guidance issue before result

.....or when they want to give the share price a boost

keenkiwiflyer
09-06-2020, 05:43 PM
Certainly been ‘a few weeks’ now.

Cadalac123
09-06-2020, 05:45 PM
Was expecting this to get dumped a lot harder after I left

Maybe there’s some good news? Lol

kiora
09-06-2020, 07:53 PM
News?
Only once the dumper has stopped dumping?

Cadalac123
09-06-2020, 08:01 PM
You’d think a full year report would have a forecast or outlook that actually meant something

Almost like that section of the report was designed for that purpose

Justin
11-06-2020, 02:14 PM
Stop dumping, announcement coming soon?

keenkiwiflyer
11-06-2020, 02:47 PM
Nah, its been around 90-96 for a bit now. Once it gets to late 90s or $1+ then it's interesting.

kiora
11-06-2020, 09:43 PM
Is he gone yet?
https://stocknessmonster.com/announcements/plx.nzx-349015/
7,032,358 shares 5.02%

Ah no,hes still got
3681095 shares (2.63%)
to go
Av vol 274,000/day,a couple of weeks worth if you want to grab some now

SHARBO LIMITED
Unit G12, The Zone, 23 Edwin Street, Mt, Auckland 1024 , New Zealand

keenkiwiflyer
15-06-2020, 08:51 PM
This must be the week..

Cobber
16-06-2020, 10:14 AM
This must be the week..

If I were them, I would time the announcement to coincide when SHARBO has completely exited their position. This way if there are less shares on the market available to buy, the higher the bid price will be.

Baa_Baa
16-06-2020, 10:21 AM
If I were them, I would time the announcement to coincide when SHARBO has completely exited their position. This way if there are less shares on the market available to buy, the higher the bid price will be.

How can you be sure that the Bradley's are fully exiting their holding?

kiora
16-06-2020, 10:49 AM
Can get some idea by keeping an eye on this
https://app.companiesoffice.govt.nz/companies/app/ui/pages/companies/244518/shareholdings

Cobber
16-06-2020, 01:38 PM
How can you be sure that the Bradley's are fully exiting their holding?

You can't, but the trend is heading downwards. So I've made an assumption :)

Baa_Baa
16-06-2020, 02:23 PM
You can't, but the trend is heading downwards. So I've made an assumption :)

Hi Cobber, looking at the numbers and filings and report:
Sharbo Limited - Scott & Rebecca Bradley.

Feb 26 - SSH 8,681,095 sold 1,648,737 @ $0.80 holding 7,032,358
Mar 31 - Annual Report 2019 8,681,095 (6.91%) @2020 holding 4,794,888 (3.43%) [additional 2,237,470 sold (no SSH necessary, under 5%)
Jun 16 - Companies Office 3,681,095 shares (2.63%) [additional 1,113,793 sold]

Total Sold 5,000,000 exactly. Nice round number, nice payday for the company Founder, still holding 2.63% (above Phil Norman). Selling over?

Checkmate
17-06-2020, 10:43 AM
PLX
17/06/2020 08:30
SECISSUE
NOT PRICE SENSITIVE
REL: 0830 HRS Plexure Group Limited

SECISSUE: PLX: Notice of issue of shares under employee share option plan

For the purposes of Listing Rules 3.13.1 and 3.15.2 of the NZX Listing Rules,
Plexure Group Limited (PLX) advises that it has issued new shares under its
Employee Share Option Plan

PLX has issued 150,000 shares excised at an option price of 24.00 cents per
share for total consideration of $36,000. The total number of shares after
the issue are 140,378,657 and there are a further 8,491,825 live options.

For more information please contact:
Andrew Dalziel, CFO Plexure
Mobile: +64 27 6777 575 (tel:+64%2027%206777%20575)
Email: andrew.dalziel@plexure.com
End CA:00354773 For:PLX Type:SECISSUE Time:2020-06-17 08:30:50

Click here (https://www.nzx.com/announcements/354773) to view this announcement

Checkmate
17-06-2020, 10:44 AM
PLX
17/06/2020 08:30
SECISSUE
NOT PRICE SENSITIVE
REL: 0830 HRS Plexure Group Limited

SECISSUE: PLX: Notice of issue of shares under employee share option plan

For the purposes of Listing Rules 3.13.1 and 3.15.2 of the NZX Listing Rules,
Plexure Group Limited (PLX) advises that it has issued new shares under its
Employee Share Option Plan

PLX has issued 150,000 shares excised at an option price of 24.00 cents per
share for total consideration of $36,000. The total number of shares after
the issue are 140,378,657 and there are a further 8,491,825 live options.

For more information please contact:
Andrew Dalziel, CFO Plexure
Mobile: +64 27 6777 575 (tel:+64%2027%206777%20575)
Email: andrew.dalziel@plexure.com
End CA:00354773 (tel:00354773) For:PLX Type:SECISSUE Time:2020-06-17 08:30:50

Click here (https://www.nzx.com/announcements/354773) to view this announcement

8.5million life options? Isn’t that going to slowly dilute the outstanding shares by quite a bit?

macduffy
17-06-2020, 11:00 AM
8.5million life options? Isn’t that going to slowly dilute the outstanding shares by quite a bit?

Yes, but employee share/issue option schemes are often used in remuneration packages, usually as an incentive to achieve certain goals, but sometimes in lieu of an otherwise higher salary. It pays to be aware of such schemes, and their conditions/extent, when making investment decisions.

Nigelk
17-06-2020, 01:16 PM
They account for 5.7% of shares by my calculation and the company is still getting some money for them. So impact isn't huge.

keenkiwiflyer
17-06-2020, 03:48 PM
And so another week passes with no sales guidance. Sigh

Gerald
17-06-2020, 04:45 PM
Can anyone point out where they said the guidance was coming in a few weeks? Can’t seem to find it in the report.

keenkiwiflyer
17-06-2020, 05:15 PM
https://nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12332996

Here you go.

Cobber
18-06-2020, 09:46 AM
And so another week passes with no sales guidance. Sigh

It's only been 4 weeks. Just think, the longer it takes, the more accurate it's going to be. I'd prefer they wait until the guidance has good growth so that it keeps the share price in an upward trajectory.

keenkiwiflyer
18-06-2020, 12:55 PM
It's only been 4 weeks. Just think, the longer it takes, the more accurate it's going to be. I'd prefer they wait until the guidance has good growth so that it keeps the share price in an upward trajectory.
Agreed, however in that case don’t go to the media and state you’ll announce something in the next few weeks if you are not going to. State guidance will come in the coming months, if you want to state guidance will come. Weeks appears as if it is imminent.

macduffy
18-06-2020, 02:42 PM
Come on now. "A few weeks" is a very imprecise expression.

:mellow:

Baa_Baa
18-06-2020, 02:51 PM
https://insights.plexure.com/virtual-fireside-chat-mcdonalds-japan-a-plexure-webinar

Cobber
18-06-2020, 03:42 PM
Agreed, however in that case don’t go to the media and state you’ll announce something in the next few weeks if you are not going to. State guidance will come in the coming months, if you want to state guidance will come. Weeks appears as if it is imminent.

It was a throwaway line to a journalist. Relax. Take a deep breath..... hold.... exhale.....

winner69
18-06-2020, 03:45 PM
It was a throwaway line to a journalist. Relax. Take a deep breath..... hold.... exhale.....

He did get rather over excited that week didn’t he

keenkiwiflyer
24-06-2020, 07:50 AM
https://insights.plexure.com/virtual-fireside-chat-mcdonalds-japan-a-plexure-webinar

Tomorrow at 7am for anyone interested.

Baa_Baa
24-06-2020, 04:57 PM

"After launching their mobile order and pay (MOP) program in January 2020, the McDonald’s Japan app quickly hit #1 in the country as consumers embraced contactless commerce in the era of social distancing. Since the rollout, McDonald’s Japan has doubled their average check and dramatically increased app adoption, offer redemption, and overall sales."

Not too late to register for the 'fireside chat'.

sommelier
24-06-2020, 08:34 PM
"After launching their mobile order and pay (MOP) program in January 2020, the McDonald’s Japan app quickly hit #1 in the country as consumers embraced contactless commerce in the era of social distancing. Since the rollout, McDonald’s Japan has doubled their average check and dramatically increased app adoption, offer redemption, and overall sales."

Was it good?

Baa_Baa
24-06-2020, 08:53 PM
Was it good?

Tomorrow at 7 am, sign up for it and attend or get the recorded video afterwards, easy.

Baa_Baa
24-06-2020, 09:14 PM
Shareholders should be very interested in ‘order and pay’, it is the development that enables Plexure to clip the ticket, even better than conversions from marketing to sales.

So little nous here, have to assume most are on board just because the share price has gone up recently. Dig deeper you’ll understand why this company is a world leader with global coverage customers.

The future is very bright, has been for quite some time. Don’t complain when it’s listed ASX and twenty bucks a share, like XRO and ATM it can run away from you faster than your courage to have a position

mfd
24-06-2020, 09:16 PM

Cheers for the reminder, have signed up and will listen in at a more sensible time tomorrow.

Cobber
25-06-2020, 09:46 AM
Shareholders should be very interested in ‘order and pay’, it is the development that enables Plexure to clip the ticket, even better than conversions from marketing to sales.

So little nous here, have to assume most are on board just because the share price has gone up recently. Dig deeper you’ll understand why this company is a world leader with global coverage customers.

The future is very bright, has been for quite some time. Don’t complain when it’s listed ASX and twenty bucks a share, like XRO and ATM it can run away from you faster than your courage to have a position

I highly doubt they are "clipping the ticket" for online orders. I cannot find any information on the net that communicates Plexure is PCI Compliant, a requirement that they would need to manage a transaction in order to extract a commission.

Plexure will be offloading payments via payment gateway API's, whereby McDonalds is the client with associated store bank a/c details so revenue is deposited into the correct account. There is no ability to extract a commission in this process.

I find your statement above extremely misleading and would love to be proven wrong with some fact based evidence.

mfd
25-06-2020, 10:58 AM
Interesting listening to the fire side chat - it was essentially a customer representing McDonald's Japan talking through how the app has worked, how much they like it, and how they quickly adapted it for the covid environment (curbside pickup and ordering etc).

Great to see a happy customer and let's hope lots of representatives of other McDonald's regions and other customers were listening in and taking notes.

I don't know the details of how they clip the payment ticket - they mentioned adding on Apple pay in the future but I'm not sure what the process is at the moment. Regardless, the more functionality they add to the app, the more regions sign on for new features, and the more customers use the apps, the better Plexure will do.

As I've said before, even if there are questions about how profitable the early McDonald's contracts will be, they are essentially paying for Plexure to continue to develop their capabilities and providing a compelling case study to help Plexure negotiate future contracts.

keenkiwiflyer
25-06-2020, 01:23 PM
I watched and it was a good hour. It was always going to be positive news, but I’m excited that I think other countries will also utilise Plexure within the Mc Donald’s organisation.

Once again though, where is the sales forecast update...

sb9
26-06-2020, 03:57 PM
Seems as though that webinar might've put a lil spark under sp today.

As a side note, driving into Akl city today (first time after few months) noticed on 1 Nelson Street, a very prominent signage of Plexure on top of the building. Not sure if this is recent or been there for few months but sure does stand out.

Justin
26-06-2020, 04:17 PM
any leaking news?

Cadalac123
26-06-2020, 05:27 PM
high volume accumulation at end of day, perhaps in anticipation of the obvious announcement that might happen next week about the Japanese app being #1.

Baa_Baa
26-06-2020, 07:04 PM
high volume accumulation at end of day, perhaps in anticipation of the obvious announcement that might happen next week about the Japanese app being #1.

Nice pop in the sp decent volume overall but nothing exciting particularly about eod?

keenkiwiflyer
02-07-2020, 08:57 AM
So starting to think this guidance isn’t coming and the ‘weeks’ away was a bunch of BS.

winner69
02-07-2020, 09:09 AM
So starting to think this guidance isn’t coming and the ‘weeks’ away was a bunch of BS.

Tend to agree mate

CEO was over the top that week ...all the publicity and limelight got to him

keenkiwiflyer
03-07-2020, 10:29 AM
Yep..

Don't get me wrong. I love the company and the direction it is heading. I just don't like when you say something to the #1 newspaper in the country which you know will get published, and then you don't deliver on that.

Very disappointing. Anyway, lets see how things progress in the next six months.

keenkiwiflyer
06-07-2020, 10:03 AM
Strong opening. Back to 0.97 and if it pushes higher it will be the highest since their last announcement.

Perhaps a sign of news to come...?

CamNZ
07-07-2020, 11:14 AM
Large bidders coming in at 0.96
SP is still at 0.97... good sign...

keenkiwiflyer
07-07-2020, 12:39 PM
Next couple of hours will be very interesting. Has not hit 0.98 since the announcement from memory. Has hit 0.97 a number of times but not 0.98.

Let's go PLX!

bull....
07-07-2020, 02:23 PM
looks like a jump to 1.10 - 1.20 is possible on those weekly bollingers

CamNZ
07-07-2020, 02:47 PM
Just hit 0.990
Certainly could make it to over $1 in the next week or so

Here we go PLX!

keenkiwiflyer
07-07-2020, 03:03 PM
The last couple of hours were quite big in the end. 0.99 and breaks through the 0.97 barrier it had been facing.

I agree, can see it rising to 1.10-20s within the week with news coming out next week haha.

whatsup
07-07-2020, 03:12 PM
$1.00 there she blows, first time since last August, strength building imo !

bull....
07-07-2020, 03:46 PM
The last couple of hours were quite big in the end. 0.99 and breaks through the 0.97 barrier it had been facing.

I agree, can see it rising to 1.10-20s within the week with news coming out next week haha.

whats happening next week?

keenkiwiflyer
07-07-2020, 03:56 PM
whats happening next week?
Who knows.

But given the price tends to rise quickly pre an announcement it wouldn't surprise me if the long awaited 2021 Sales projection is released, along with the signing of a new customer.

Just look at the amount of vaccines at the moment. Not normal to have so many during these Covid times, unless you are extremely busy, or are going to be.

Or, they had a restructure..

bull....
07-07-2020, 04:03 PM
Who knows.

But given the price tends to rise quickly pre an announcement it wouldn't surprise me if the long awaited 2021 Sales projection is released, along with the signing of a new customer.

Just look at the amount of vaccines at the moment. Not normal to have so many during these Covid times, unless you are extremely busy, or are going to be.

Or, they had a restructure..

I think you better get onto the MD straight away , the announcement should be a zoom presentation to US investors. they love tech stocks and mention mc donalds has a stake and who knows , sh..t it might be the next amazon on there radars you know theses yanks just love anything tech at the moment.

sb9
08-07-2020, 09:59 AM

Announcement or no announcement, looking strong from here once it broke through $1 mark..

tango
08-07-2020, 10:20 AM
Announcement or no announcement, looking strong from here once it broke through $1 mark..

Should have topped up when it was in the 90s. I thought I had time on my side...

CamNZ
08-07-2020, 10:39 AM

Sure is! Reaching 1.03 just now.

tango
08-07-2020, 10:58 AM
Hmmm and now it's $1.04
Someone is buying buying buying and others are profit taking

whatsup
08-07-2020, 10:59 AM
Hmmm and now it's $1.04
Someone is buying buying buying and others are profit taking

Bal I think is a buyer now !

whatsup
08-07-2020, 12:39 PM
$1.06-07 atm !!

sb9
08-07-2020, 12:50 PM
$1.06-07 atm !!

Very encouraging to see decent volumes being crossed at higher price levels...

tango
08-07-2020, 01:13 PM
Very encouraging to see decent volumes being crossed at higher price levels...

I wonder if there are any big players or institutions buying!

Again... I should have topped up at the lower prices

keenkiwiflyer
08-07-2020, 01:19 PM
Now 1.08.

I topped up a bit more this morning and am very happy. Expect this to continue for a little while longer.

I am pretty confident the sales guidance or new client will be announced next week. As anyone who has been following this thread lately can attest, I was pushing and expecting something a bit sooner, but happy it's finally happening. Prepare for a sell off after the announcement (if it's to come).

Good long term hold though IMO.

Lets go PLX!

Baa_Baa
08-07-2020, 01:27 PM
"MY Super Indo" app is LIVE (5 days ago).
:)

Cobber
08-07-2020, 01:28 PM
Now 1.08.

I topped up a bit more this morning and am very happy. Expect this to continue for a little while longer.

I am pretty confident the sales guidance or new client will be announced next week. As anyone who has been following this thread lately can attest, I was pushing and expecting something a bit sooner, but happy it's finally happening. Prepare for a sell off after the announcement (if it's to come).

Lets go PLX!

Based on the volume going through and the prices being paid.... someone is extremely bullish. I hope they have a sniff of an impending announcement - ideally an acquisition.

tango
08-07-2020, 02:04 PM
Now 1.08.

Lets go PLX!

I sneaked in some more shares too but at a higher price than I would have liked. Long-term hold for me

tango
08-07-2020, 02:05 PM
Based on the volume going through and the prices being paid.... someone is extremely bullish. I hope they have a sniff of an impending announcement - ideally an acquisition.

Too soon for an acquisition! Let it double before the acquisition offers come.

I would just be happy with a positive announcement, more price increases and a dividend

winner69
08-07-2020, 02:29 PM

I would just be happy with a positive announcement, more price increases and a dividend

Think they talking about PLX buying something

whatsup
08-07-2020, 02:29 PM
$111-$112, atm, this is no D Ters buying , something must be underfoot, is there a rerating underway here, although no ann yet, the AGM last year was towards the end of Aug so imo that is out of the question which leaves a important positive factor and that would indicate a leaky boat.

What am I missing we are now at all time high territory !

tango
08-07-2020, 02:33 PM

Ah gotcha. Not sure what they might buy but maybe some more CRM opportunities out there

tango
08-07-2020, 02:35 PM

$111-$112, atm, this is no D Ters buying , something must be underfoot, is there a rerating underway here, although no ann yet, the AGM last year was towards the end of Aug so imo that is out of the question which leaves a important positive factor and that would indicate a leaky boat.

What am I missing we are now at all time high territory !

It might just be everyone talking it up here and on Facebook! Or a broker recommending it to clients

Glad I got in before it got to $1.10

tango
08-07-2020, 02:36 PM
Are volumes higher than normal? I saw a parcel of 250,000 shares go through

Leftfield
08-07-2020, 02:42 PM
Relax folks...... PLX has moved considerably without news, I suspect it might take a breather, but should roar away should any good news come out......

TA looking v favourable. Ride the trends. Early days for this one IMHO.

Cobber
08-07-2020, 04:22 PM

I was meaning for PLX to make an acquisition. 14 million in cash in the bank wont be earning much.

Cobber
08-07-2020, 04:25 PM
Are volumes higher than normal? I saw a parcel of 250,000 shares go through

Second highest volume traded in the last 12 months.... so I reckon someone knows something, cos this started going up yesterday ;)

Cobber
08-07-2020, 04:31 PM
Ah gotcha. Not sure what they might buy but maybe some more CRM opportunities out there

PLX has competitors. The market is ripe to pick one of these off - ideally one that might have revenues in the $10 - $20 million range. Unfortunately the choices available are limited due to PLX's list of businesses they cannot do work for as they are direct competition to McDonalds.

Poverty
08-07-2020, 04:43 PM
I've reduced my holding today for first time (0.87~0.9c). They do have competitors but I'm sure choices are not that limited since they signed with white castle which is also a burger chain. My major concern is the fact that all their apps have really bad reviews with genuine criticisms.

keenkiwiflyer
08-07-2020, 04:55 PM
I've reduced my holding today for first time (0.87~0.9c). They do have competitors but I'm sure choices are not that limited since they signed with white castle which is also a burger chain. My major concern is the fact that all their apps have really bad reviews with genuine criticisms.
Plexure don't build or develop the apps...

tango
08-07-2020, 05:18 PM

PLX has competitors. The market is ripe to pick one of these off - ideally one that might have revenues in the $10 - $20 million range. Unfortunately the choices available are limited due to PLX's list of businesses they cannot do work for as they are direct competition to McDonalds.

Yes that is a limitation but let’s see what the next couple of weeks bring in the way of news

Either someone has the inside scoop or a broker somewhere is recommending the stock to clients because it’s bucking the trend and going up up up on increased volume

Hoop
08-07-2020, 05:29 PM
PLX displayed another ascending triangle (AT) pattern which had a 63% chance of breaking upward (Bulkowski). Although an AT is classed as a bullish continuation pattern it is generally a worry for Chartists as the triangle's momentum often looks weak and bearish..The RSI below shows that weakness..The AT breakthrough triggered TA buy signals yesterday and today the buyers came to the party.
When trading the breakout, there is a very good chance PLX will run the distance to at least meet its target price.Target price is not a line in the sand, it is not a resistance point, it is not a sell point.. it is all to do with statistical probabilities and distances traveled after a breakout.
PLX closed at 108c up 7c
Disc: I have PLX shares.

tango
08-07-2020, 05:48 PM
PLX displayed another ascending triangle (AT) pattern which had a 63% chance of breaking upward (Bulkowski). Although an AT is classed as a bullish continuation pattern it is generally a worry for Chartists as the triangle's momentum often looks weak and bearish..The RSI below shows that weakness..The AT breakthrough triggered TA buy signals yesterday and today the buyers came to the party.
When trading the breakout, there is a very good chance PLX will run the distance to at least meet its target price.Target price is not a line in the sand, it is not a resistance point, it is not a sell point.. it is all to do with statistical probabilities and distances traveled after a breakout.
PLX closed at 108c up 7c

Thanks for that

What are your predictions for PLX now?

Nigelk
08-07-2020, 06:35 PM
That's the wrong metric to look at for a high growth tech company. It's 4.5X revenue plus cash on hand. That's low for a company growing so fast and considerably less than Pushpay (about 10x revenue) or Xero (about 18x)

I was right to top up at .95. Others also see PLX as undervalued. 14% gain on top-up 5 weeks ago. 416% gain overall

Leftfield
08-07-2020, 06:46 PM
PLX closed at 108c up 7c

Thanks for posting..... much better charts than mine!!

Baa_Baa
08-07-2020, 06:47 PM
Plexure don't build or develop the apps...

They’re quick to claim credit for the Super Indo app release, no mention of a third party app developer. Might need to look into this a bit more deeply?

“It was a pleasure working with the team at PT Lion Super Indo to develop their new app and help deliver personalized offers to their customers. An exciting project and a great client to partner with!” - posted on LinkedIn.

Baa_Baa
08-07-2020, 06:54 PM
Here it is

keenkiwiflyer
08-07-2020, 07:05 PM
My understanding is that Plexure's software is integrated into the app to drive enhanced user experiences. Maybe I am completely wrong. In this case, I apologize :)

I think the more likely scenario is a mix between the two cases. From memory Mc Donalds Japan's app is based from their global mobile application.

Snow Leopard
08-07-2020, 07:28 PM
Here it is

Are there many IndoMaret stores near you Baa-Baa?

If so, try the Beng-Beng bars & the Silver Queen chocolates.

Baa_Baa
08-07-2020, 07:34 PM
My understanding is that Plexure's software is integrated into the app to drive enhanced user experiences. Maybe I am completely wrong. In this case, I apologize :)

I think the more likely scenario is a mix between the two cases. From memory Mc Donalds Japan's app is based from their global mobile application.

Hey keenkiwi, love your enthusiasm, but you need to get into the details before posting ‘what you think might be’.

The Plexure website is choker with product and service details, even service manuals and technical details.

Simply put, there’s a back end big data application on azure that does the heavy lifting, and it’s very very clever, connected to apps that the consumer uses to get Plexure customers products.

Also, the Japan app is the beginning, it was the first and everything else has built on that. The Japan MCD app still leads the global r&d with orders and payments.

Just to be clear, I don’t work for or have any affiliation with Plexure, but since 2014 I have heavily researched this company to re enforce my conviction to invest in it.

I do recommend doing your own research, the more you know the more you may be confident you have invested in a solid long term growth company.

Gltah

Baa_Baa
08-07-2020, 07:38 PM
Are there many IndoMaret stores near you Baa-Baa?

If so, try the Beng-Beng bars & the Silver Queen chocolates.

No but I’ll be sure to visit when I’m in Indonesia next time 👍 if you’re there before me, download the app and let us know what you think about the customer experience.

Definitely I’ll take your recommendation to try the bars and chocolates, but I’ll check the bars first to make sure I’m not the guilo paying for the girlies lol.

Baa_Baa
08-07-2020, 08:09 PM
No but I’ll be sure to visit when I’m in Indonesia next time 👍 if you’re there before me, download the app and let us know what you think about the customer experience.

Definitely I’ll take your recommendation to try the bars and chocolates, but I’ll check the bars first to make sure I’m not the guilo paying for the girlies lol.

Ok so bang bang bars are some chocolate covered confectionery. No I haven’t tried them. Hopefully you can buy them with your Super Indo app. 😀

CamNZ
09-07-2020, 09:35 AM
-- Removed --

CamNZ
09-07-2020, 09:38 AM
https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/576b37b0579fb30cbde2318a/1594228985780-WGOD6EWBNCASUL89PNYK/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kAp0gGh-GMzpa7sba4qN-zgUqsxRUqqbr1mOJYKfIPR7LoDQ9mXPOjoJoqy81S2I8N_N4V1 vUb5AoIIIbLZhVYxCRW4BPu10St3TBAUQYVKcPYU_kKztB_6LQ vebIYaMaQOr8VkhEB-3BB5OXXbadBaQLD6OlURyI7f3mJJiBVIU/SI_amp1.png?format=1500w

Not sure if this image is new...��
Found on their website...

whatsup
09-07-2020, 10:51 AM
$1.12 now @ ath !!

Baa_Baa
09-07-2020, 11:14 AM
$1.12 now @ ath !!

ATH is $1.20 3/7/2019
ATH closing price is $1.12

winner69
09-07-2020, 11:18 AM
ATH is $1.20 3/7/2019

Early July obviously good time for Plexure share price

Wonder what it'll be this time next year?

Maybe 2 bucks:t_up:

whatsup
09-07-2020, 01:58 PM
ATH is $1.20 3/7/2019

Correct , well researched, cheers.

CamNZ
09-07-2020, 02:07 PM
They’re quick to claim credit for the Super Indo app release, no mention of a third party app developer. Might need to look into this a bit more deeply?

“It was a pleasure working with the team at PT Lion Super Indo to develop their new app and help deliver personalized offers to their customers. An exciting project and a great client to partner with!” - posted on LinkedIn.

Following that post on their LinkedIn, here's another one that came out this morning...
I guess we'll be able to see more of what they're doing behind the scenes in the coming days :)

"We’re really excited to show you a project we’ve been working on for our grocery client, PT Lion Super Indo (https://www.linkedin.com/company/lion-super-indo-pt/). My Super Indo launched last week and is a mobile app designed to personalize the shopping experience. Through Plexure’s partnership with the Super Indo team, we are helping to execute their omni-channel growth strategy to increase customer loyalty, drive product sales and digitize previously manual processes such as coupon redemption. Stay tuned – we’ll share more of the app features over the coming days." - Plexure's LinkedIn

Ronaldthump
09-07-2020, 10:32 PM
Ive always tended to steer clear of tech, mainly because I don't understand it or understand a good way to assign a value to it. Thought this thread might be a good place to start. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

keenkiwiflyer
10-07-2020, 10:08 AM
Will be an interesting day today. Already 1.14 with lower selling depth. Let’s go PLX! ATH to come?

Leftfield
10-07-2020, 11:35 AM
Ive always tended to steer clear of tech, mainly because I don't understand it or understand a good way to assign a value to it. Thought this thread might be a good place to start. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Some tips:
1.) Try to understand technology.... keep an open (but sceptical) mind. Recognise that much of the value is in revenue growth and re-occuring revenue. Profit may be secondary in the early stages.
2.) Use TA more than FA.
3.) Buy in instalments, and use DCA (with care.)

JMHO. DYOR.

bagel
10-07-2020, 11:58 AM
anyone wanna tell me whats going on? lol cant complain though

kiora
10-07-2020, 01:53 PM
Early July obviously good time for Plexure share price

Wonder what it'll be this time next year?

Maybe 2 bucks:t_up:

Winner ,you are a dreamer!
Or maybe not ???
I wouldn't mind if it was :)

keenkiwiflyer
12-07-2020, 08:15 PM
Big week last week. What are the predictions for this week? An announcement with an increase? An announcement with a sell off a people take profits? Or no announcement and status quo?

Post your guess and let’s review next Sunday.

Baa_Baa
12-07-2020, 08:49 PM
Big week last week. What are the predictions for this week? An announcement with an increase? An announcement with a sell off a people take profits? Or no announcement and status quo?

Who knows really, this company is once bitten twice shy with announcements. There’s Super Indo go live, White Castle revenues, IKEA well overdue for an update, Japan Mc’Ds success with mobile order and pay. An update on the the minors like Seven11 would be nice as well. We can only hope they keep their shareholders and the market informed. Gets a bit tiring doing all this research ourselves, just to stay one step ahead of the masses.

tango
12-07-2020, 08:52 PM

Predictions
Price will end Around $1.10
No announcements
The market in general will drop but Plexure won’t drop as much as others

If there are any announcements they will be positive and push it to $1.20 to $1.25

Gerald
12-07-2020, 08:59 PM

Hard to tell if plx is getting caught up in the flight to tech, or something is in the wind. History shows plx has a somewhat leaky ship with announcements.

Regardless, I think we can expect good news. Doubling staff numbers in 1 year clearly shows the demand is there from customers.

(In saying that we need good news to justify the valuation).

Leftfield
13-07-2020, 07:50 AM
Sorry Keenkiwi.., I won't be predicting a short term weekly SP because I'm a long term holder with PLX 15% of my portfolio and in the longer term see the SP continuing to perform better than the NZX50 achieving $1.50 to $2.00 in 12 months.

Cobber
13-07-2020, 08:39 AM

My thoughts are that inflation has hit the share market - provided you're a technology company with a global focus that is not travel industry.

Banks are offering bugger all interest on cash... so I believe more people are investing.

Valuations are out the window. Ride the wave.....

sb9
13-07-2020, 03:38 PM
ATH is $1.20 3/7/2019

Looks primed for a new ATH soon..

Leftfield
13-07-2020, 06:13 PM
Looks primed for a new ATH soon..

Took some profits today at $1.19. Happy to lower my av holding cost and de-risk more. PLX remains 15% of my portfolio, only sold 10% of my PLX so even more 'well positioned' for the long term.

Baa_Baa
13-07-2020, 07:44 PM
Took some profits today at $1.19. Happy to lower my av holding cost and de-risk more. PLX remains 15% of my portfolio, only sold 10% of my PLX so even more 'well positioned' for the long term.

Hey Lefty, on TA your timing short term might be impeccable, plenty of signs. Well done. Interested in the short term but Not trading these anymore and having averaged down significantly I’m not overweight or planning on letting any of my shares go. I wonder if this is not a Xero it might be a diligent and the worst is behind us with a 10 bagger ahead. Who knows but having followed this story for a long time, I think the future is bright and happy to ride the ups and downs. Cheers

Leftfield
13-07-2020, 08:10 PM
Hey Lefty, on TA your timing short term might be impeccable, plenty of signs. Well done. Interested in the short term but Not trading these anymore and having averaged down significantly I’m not overweight or planning on letting any of my shares go. I wonder if this is not a Xero it might be a diligent and the worst is behind us with a 10 bagger ahead. Who knows but having followed this story for a long time, I think the future is bright and happy to ride the ups and downs. Cheers

Thanks for the kind words. 'Impeccable' is not a word usually associated with my share trading! :sleep:;)

All it could take is a favourable news release from PLX tomorrow..... and today's sale could be seen as premature. In the meantime I'm chuffed to be impeccable.

The only reason I took some gains was my increasing concerns about Covid (Internationally) and the market possibilities for a second hammering. If the worst happens I'm storing some cash to see me through to buy again on the upside.

If the worst doesn't happen then I've still got a huge chunk of PLX that owes me v little. (And the SP would need to drop over 80% before I get hurt.)

Like you I have long term hopes for PLX but IMHO there is nothing wrong with being a tab cautious in the short term.

keenkiwiflyer
14-07-2020, 10:17 AM
PLX just hit $1.20 and has officially reached its ATH again. Will it push through and create a new record?

Interesting times. Let’s go PLX!!

thedrunkfish
14-07-2020, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the kind words. 'Impeccable' is not a word usually associated with my share trading! :sleep:;)

All it could take is a favourable news release from PLX tomorrow..... and today's sale could be seen as premature. In the meantime I'm chuffed to be impeccable.

The only reason I took some gains was my increasing concerns about Covid (Internationally) and the market possibilities for a second hammering. If the worst happens I'm storing some cash to see me through to buy again on the upside.

If the worst doesn't happen then I've still got a huge chunk of PLX that owes me v little. (And the SP would need to drop over 190% before I get hurt.)

Like you I have long term hopes for PLX but IMHO there is nothing wrong with being a tab cautious in the short term.

You mean 90%?

Leftfield
14-07-2020, 10:37 AM
You mean 90%?

Thanks, my error. Just checked 80% is more correct!

Cobber
14-07-2020, 12:05 PM

If the worst doesn't happen then I've still got a huge chunk of PLX that owes me v little. (And the SP would need to drop over 80% before I get hurt.)

To understand PLX's value in the coming years, I suggest you read this article : https://www.mad-daily.com/apple-opt-in-will-kill-ad-ids/

Basically Apple is removing the ability for brands to track their customers on their phone. The only way brands are going to be able to do this moving forward is via apps that has a customer log-in.

Although PLX don't do the front-end development, they do all the heavy lifting in the customer management.

There is going to be a massive swing back to app investments as brands move to own customers outright. These will then plug into platforms like PLX.

I think PLX's timing is impeccable.

keenkiwiflyer
14-07-2020, 01:54 PM
Massive sell off? From equaling the ATH of 1.20 to 1.07 in just a few hours...

Leftfield
14-07-2020, 02:37 PM
Massive sell off? From equaling the ATH of 1.20 to 1.07 in just a few hours...

Crikey! Looks like my timing yesterday was 'impeccable'!

FWIW it is always a concern when a share rises so much on no news....... simply speculation. That said, I still rate this one long term and am happy to hold my balance. Cobber, thanks for your post. Interesting development to watch.

Cobber
14-07-2020, 03:05 PM
Crikey! Looks like my timing yesterday was 'impeccable'!

FWIW it is always a concern when a share rises so much on no news....... simply speculation. That said, I still rate this one long term and am happy to hold my balance. Cobber, thanks for your post. Interesting development to watch.

The sell-off started overnight on the Nasdaq. If the Nasdaq goes up tonight, so will PLX tomorrow.

keenkiwiflyer
14-07-2020, 06:53 PM
Closed at 1.13. Not too bad considering the swings. Tomorrow will be an interesting day!

bull....
15-07-2020, 08:19 AM
looks like a jump to 1.10 - 1.20 is possible on those weekly bollingers

what a call lol 20% gains in a week not to shabby. I sold out of plx now , move to next trade

keenkiwiflyer
15-07-2020, 02:08 PM
The sell-off started overnight on the Nasdaq. If the Nasdaq goes up tonight, so will PLX tomorrow.
Seems like you were correct so far. Back up to 1.17 today. A lot of people looking to selling off and take their profit as well.

mikeybycrikey
15-07-2020, 03:45 PM
Seems like you were correct so far. Back up to 1.17 today. A lot of people looking to selling off and take their profit as well.

True but pretty low volume today. Anyone looking offload significant volume would struggle to take their profits and run.

Cadalac123
15-07-2020, 03:47 PM
True but pretty low volume today. Anyone looking offload significant volume would struggle to take their profits and run.

Where’s this update the ole CEO promised months ago?

sb9
15-07-2020, 03:53 PM
Where’s this update the ole CEO promised months ago?

I'm picking they're working behind scenes re proposed ASX listing as outlined at FY results time. May be they'll announce all together once details are sorted out.

keenkiwiflyer
16-07-2020, 11:56 AM
30+ new hires started during lockdown. Combined with the number of new job openings on seek since lockdown, it seems like they must be quite busy.

That update would have been good...!

Baa_Baa
16-07-2020, 07:02 PM
Can we bury a common misconception that Plexure doesn’t develop apps, they do.

Baa_Baa
16-07-2020, 07:05 PM
They’re very excited about Super Indo, frequent posts on social media. I take that as good things are happening. We’ll find out soon enough as White Castle and Super Indo are live now.

allfromacell
16-07-2020, 08:44 PM
Yes PLX seems to have all the right ingredients to become a $1B company pretty quickly... Mcd's investment is a very strong endorsement of their product and competency. I've only just started researching but like what I see so far so jumped aboard today. I work in IT and looking at their vacancies I might even apply for a role, looks like an exciting place to work.

keenkiwiflyer
17-07-2020, 09:52 AM
Can we bury a common misconception that Plexure doesn’t develop apps, they do.
Yep, they even have a dedicated page on their website for it.

It’s almost like they read this thread and updated their collateral.

keenkiwiflyer
20-07-2020, 12:08 PM
So PLX ended the week at 1.17. Not bad at all.

Already back at ATH of 1.20. Will it finally break this barrier?

Leftfield
20-07-2020, 01:28 PM

Yep...... $ 1.21 when I last looked. New ATH. Well done holders.

I can't wait to see news that supports and justifies this level of enthusiasm!

keenkiwiflyer
20-07-2020, 01:56 PM
Yep, happy to take some profit this afternoon!

Seems like some buyers coming in at this higher range as well. I must admit I am very surprised with the lack of news given the SP increase, especially given the new ATH.

Getty
20-07-2020, 02:02 PM
I see it did a similar rise to @$1.10 at this time last year, then drifted down to 80c by December.
Will the same thing happen this year?

allfromacell
20-07-2020, 02:14 PM
I think maybe I got yours, helped push this to a new high by clearing a chunk at 1.20 :D

keenkiwiflyer
20-07-2020, 02:32 PM
I was going to keep riding the wave, but after it dropped to $1.07 I got a reality check and decided to keep some, while also securing some profit.

Lets keep going PLX!

Louloubell
20-07-2020, 06:00 PM
I came in board a few weeks ago @ 94c and have enjoyed the ride 😀

Cobber
21-07-2020, 04:02 PM

That's me out. Sold the lot. Bought in when it was in the 0.20's.... so roughly a 5 bagger. :)

I'll keep my sights on IKE... but PLX was getting far to over valued for my liking. Good luck to the rest of you.

keenkiwiflyer
21-07-2020, 05:17 PM
Congrats and well done!

I have kept half my shares. Tempted to do the same though. People still happy to buy right now though.

Nigelk
21-07-2020, 05:21 PM
That's me out. Sold the lot. Bought in when it was in the 0.20's.... so roughly a 5 bagger. :)

. but PLX was getting far to over valued for my liking. Good luck to the rest of you.

$175M mc = 6.3x revenue plus cash on hand. Still low compared to its peers for a company growing 50% PA and not losing money

whatsup
21-07-2020, 05:29 PM

I'll keep my sights on IKE... but PLX was getting far to over valued for my liking. Good luck to the rest of you.

Cobber a couple of hundred thousand sold , well done, same here but will hold til the death ( one way or other ) Im picking on big things for PLX once their platform gets world wide recognition.

bagel
21-07-2020, 05:44 PM
same here, i'm in no rush to sell and will be holding regardless of short term activity! huge future for Plexure

Miway
21-07-2020, 08:22 PM
Ahhhh VMob It"s been a pleasure to see you turn into Plexure and add to my retirement fund. Will not take profits at this stage as there is more to come.

Leftfield
22-07-2020, 08:29 AM
Ahhhh VMob It"s been a pleasure to see you turn into Plexure and add to my retirement fund. Will not take profits at this stage as there is more to come.

Ssshhh don't tell Balance.

Although I took some profits at $1.19 recently, I still hold PLX at 16% of my portfolio with a welcome 260% gain on my av holding SP. IMHO PLX is just about to get interesting in terms of profits and growth. Happy to hold.

Cobber
22-07-2020, 08:54 AM
Cobber a couple of hundred thousand sold , well done, same here but will hold til the death ( one way or other ) Im picking on big things for PLX once their platform gets world wide recognition.

To be honest its not the company that worried me... it was more the state of the markets in general, COVID out of control in the US and an upcoming US election. I'm expecting a crash at some point.... and want to have my cash ready to pounce back in again.

sb9
22-07-2020, 09:16 AM
Ssshhh don't tell Balance.

Although I took some profits at $1.19 recently, I still hold PLX at 16% of my portfolio with a welcome 260% gain on my av holding SP. IMHO PLX is just about to get interesting in terms of profits and growth. Happy to hold.

Good on ya lf, I'll let mine run little longer and see how it pans out until we get next update from company.

Baa_Baa
22-07-2020, 06:57 PM
Interesting choice of words, read carefully.

kiora
22-07-2020, 09:48 PM
This one?
http://www.plexure.com/personalize-your-customers-experience?utm_content=135056532&utm_medium=social&utm_source=linkedin&hss_channel=lcp-1192801

Gerald
22-07-2020, 10:02 PM
Interesting choice of words, read carefully.

Think the wording is identical for all new companies if you check reap.

Baa_Baa
28-07-2020, 09:56 AM
If you haven't seen the video, this is worth a quick read for insights into How McDonald’s Japan utilized technology to optimize the customer experience in-store (http://www.plexure.com/plexure-blog/2020/7/26/how-mcdonalds-japan-utilized-technology-to-optimize-the-customer-experience-in-store)

Louloubell
28-07-2020, 11:47 AM
I have my Sharesies play money and 80% of that is in Plexure. Seeing it as an exciting long-term hold.

Hello123
28-07-2020, 12:55 PM
hopeful in hearing some good news on 2nd of September.

Hello123
28-07-2020, 05:55 PM
Interesting watch MacDonald's case study

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZKEwzu2AnI

sb9
29-07-2020, 08:37 AM
No wonder ASX is more attractive for Tech companies..

Plexure Group Limited (Plexure) announces today that it intends to investigate undertaking an initial public offering (IPO) and applying for admission to the Official List of the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX).
This may involve Plexure moving its primary listing from the New Zealand Stock Exchange (NZX) to the ASX and re-classifying its current NZX listing as an NZX Foreign Exempt listing, which would allow its shares to continue to be quoted on the NZX.
As the Company requires significant capital for its next phase of growth, investigations into a move to the ASX are based on capital availability and support for technology companies like Plexure.
https://www.nzx.com/announcements/357024

Leftfield
29-07-2020, 08:38 AM
Announcement today....PLX investigating ASX listing.

"Plexure Group Limited (Plexure) announces today that it intends to investigate undertaking an initial public offering (IPO) and applying for admission to the Official List of the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX).
This may involve Plexure moving its primary listing from the New Zealand Stock Exchange (NZX) to the ASX and re-classifying its current NZX listing as an NZX Foreign Exempt listing, which would allow its shares to continue to be quoted on the NZX"

See it here (https://www.nzx.com/announcements/357024).

winner69
29-07-2020, 08:59 AM
Wonder how much 'significant' is?

Plexure says'As the Company requires significant capital for its next phase of growth'

Hopewe don't get diluted too much ...but then 50% of heaps more is better than 100% of not very much

Brain
29-07-2020, 09:17 AM
Significant capital for the next phase of growth. I guess significant means we are unlikely to get this amount of dosh from NZ shareholders even though I suspect many holders would be willing to pony up.

I would suppose that the capital would be applied to hiring more staff. This is a very labour intensive SAAS company.

Balance was warning us all about that a while ago.

Or maybe they are going to make a few acquisitions.

tango
29-07-2020, 09:30 AM
Hmmm. The ASX move may benefit us but I would have loved for existing shareholders to have been offered the chance to invest before an IPO in Australia. I hope we get some sort of preferential deal backdated to shareholders at the time of the announcement

nevchev
29-07-2020, 09:57 AM
My experience with listing on the asx is the sp drops initially then languishes for a while before heading north again.Could be a good move med to long term.

Leftfield
29-07-2020, 10:16 AM
My experience with listing on the asx is the sp drops initially then languishes for a while before heading north again.Could be a good move med to long term.

I held ATM before it listed on ASX...... the rest is history.

If PLX can emulate ATM/XRO (or even 20% of them) then I'll be v happy.

Great longer term move IMHO, SP today or tomorrow a mere distraction.

Disc - hold.

Hoop
29-07-2020, 10:24 AM

Great longer term move IMHO, SP today or tomorrow a mere distraction.

Disc - hold.

I hope not ...Currently up 5.8% during Amateur Hour
Disc: holding too

aperitif
29-07-2020, 10:28 AM
Read page 5, and you will see why.

https://s22.q4cdn.com/972634687/files/doc_downloads/events/2020/07/CORRECTED-TRANSCRIPT_-McDonald's-Corp.(MCD-US)-Q2-2020-Earnings-Call-28-July-2020-8_30-AM-ET.pdf

Cadalac123
29-07-2020, 10:32 AM
Here comes the capital raise

whatsup
29-07-2020, 10:38 AM
Here comes the capital raise

goodie !! I TAKE MY SHARE AND MORE, WHATS THE PRICE ?

Leftfield
29-07-2020, 11:12 AM
https://s22.q4cdn.com/972634687/files/doc_downloads/events/2020/07/CORRECTED-TRANSCRIPT_-McDonald's-Corp.(MCD-US)-Q2-2020-Earnings-Call-28-July-2020-8_30-AM-ET.pdf
Recommend everyone reads page 5

Thanks for posting......fabulous to read the McD perspective!

"..... we have amassed a sizable marketing war chest to invest in the back half of 2020. During Q2, most major markets significantly reduced their marketing spend and value activities. As an example, in the US, marketing spend was down 70% as we chose to conserve our resources until the situation stabilized. These funds will now be reinvested in Q3 and Q4.

Additionally, as we previously announced, McDonald's will also invest an incremental $200 million in marketing spend across our US and International Operated Markets in the second half to accelerate recovery, roughly equivalent to one additional month of media in every owned market. Together, these actions will result in a sizable increase in our marketing spend for the balance of the year.

And third, our laser-like focus on what we call the 3Ds: drive-thru, delivery, and digital. Thanks to our strategic foresight, McDonald's is well developed in each of these channels and we see opportunities to extend our 3D advantage. You'll hear more about the 3Ds in our strategic plans later in the year."

tango
29-07-2020, 11:18 AM
The price keeps climbing
Do you think it will settle back down after the initial excitement or keep going up up up?

Leftfield
29-07-2020, 11:26 AM
The price keeps climbing
Do you think it will settle back down after the initial excitement or keep going up up up?

Don't really care.......I'm not a trader...... I'm in for the next 3 years (or longer,) not the next 3 days or minutes.

tango
29-07-2020, 11:33 AM
Don't really care.......I'm not a trader...... I'm in for the next 3 years (or longer,) not the next 3 days or minutes.

That’s not why I asked
I asked because I’m thinking of increasing my holding.

PS you sound a tad judgemental. I’m not a trader. I would guess from reading your posts that I sell off my shareholdings much less frequently than you do. I almost never sell.

sb9
29-07-2020, 11:33 AM
I hope not ...Currently up 5.8% during Amateur Hour
Disc: holding too

Not looking like that now (amateur hour)...tried to sell a small parcel but pulled at last minute as price kept surging. Could well be Bell Potter and Ord Minnet pushing up demand hence higher price.

whatsup
29-07-2020, 11:36 AM
With the pending ASX listing no one is selling and correctly so .

Cadalac123
29-07-2020, 11:40 AM
With the pending ASX listing no one is selling and correctly so .

I think it’s more the price being pushed for the capital raise to be done at a higher price

sommelier
29-07-2020, 11:46 AM
Those who are selling (or part selling) probably intend to get in at a lower price. Maybe they will... but that also adds to the pool of buyers at those prices and improves support.

sb9
29-07-2020, 11:49 AM
I think it’s more the price being pushed for the capital raise to be done at a higher price

Exactly, that's the trade pattern currently.

Hello123
29-07-2020, 11:49 AM
How long will it take PLX to be listed on the ASX with your experiences of other companies? is it a long process?

sb9
29-07-2020, 11:53 AM
Those who are selling (or part selling) probably intend to get in at a lower price. Maybe they will... but that also adds to the pool of buyers at those prices and improves support.

Not necessarily, my intention is realise some real gains by offloading small holding. In this case, you gotta account for further dilution once cap raise takes place. And going by their wording of "significant capital required", one can draw conclusion as to how much they intend to raise.

bull....
29-07-2020, 11:53 AM
The price keeps climbing

there keep the price supported around some level they think the raise can be done at to aus insto,s

Leftfield
29-07-2020, 12:10 PM
That’s not why I asked
I asked because I’m thinking of increasing my holding.

PS you sound a tad judgemental. I’m not a trader. I would guess from reading your posts that I sell off my shareholdings much less frequently than you do. I almost never sell.

Apologies re seeming judgemental, however as I continually say.....DYOR and take accountability for your own decisions - and besides I did not know whether you are a trader, nor your motives for asking.

Seeing you are long term holder of PLX then perhaps this morning's SP remains less important, what is more important is the long term TA and above the posts re McD's by Apertif.

If you are wanting to buy more PLX then buying on 'good news' makes sense provided you use DCA to keep your average holding SP below today's SP to give you a 'safety margin' for any unexpected future bad news.

tango
29-07-2020, 12:50 PM
Apologies re seeming judgemental, however as I continually say.....DYOR and take accountability for your own decisions - and besides I did not know whether you are a trader, nor your motives for asking.

Seeing you are long term holder of PLX then perhaps this morning's SP remains less important, what is more important is the long term TA and above the posts re McD's by Apertif.

If you are wanting to buy more PLX then buying on 'good news' makes sense provided you use DCA to keep your average holding SP below today's SP to give you a 'safety margin' for any unexpected future bad news.

Thanks. I did buy more on the dip today at $1.31
I like this company. They have competition and that is a concern but not a major issue as it’s a growing market. There are other companies with similar platforms targeting different customer groups at this stage that could easily move to the same types of customers but I have faith that there is room for PLX to grow and expand.

tango
29-07-2020, 12:54 PM
There must be a lot of Sharesies trades because I see a lot of trades going through for around $20 $50 etc

winner69
29-07-2020, 12:57 PM
Just seen the big smile on Balance’s face

I think he’s very happy with developments

Baa_Baa
29-07-2020, 01:07 PM
Just seen the big smile on Balance’s face

I think he’s very happy with developments

So many words to eat, started on page one of this thread shatting on VML and then PLX year after year after year, ad nauseam, ad infinitum.

Learn the hard way years ago to avoid backdoor listed companies.

If a business is good and can stand scrutiny, it will go full frontal - not try and sneak in the backdoor.

You could say the same about Plus SMS in the first year.

To each their own - as I have said, I learnt the hard way.

Exactly.

Look at who are behind the listings.

We have in NZ, a Stock Exchange which puts profit above all else.

Increased liquidity?

More like trying to get the hell out!

Glasses of someone who has seen it all before.

:D

Hello123
29-07-2020, 02:11 PM
1.32 keeps getting refilled.

steveb
29-07-2020, 02:21 PM
I must say,I held PLX for years,in the end I gave up just before Macas bought in.So I ate my bowl of humble pie and bought back in,you would need a crowbar now to get me to part with my modest holdings.

tango
29-07-2020, 02:37 PM
I must say,I held PLX for years,in the end I gave up just before Macas bought in.So I ate my bowl of humble pie and bought back in,you would need a crowbar now to get me to part with my modest holdings.

It’s looking like a company that’s going places.

Just saw a parcel of 250,000 shares go through at $1.32 so it’s not just the Sharesies investors jumping on board

Leftfield
29-07-2020, 05:26 PM
Thanks. I did buy more on the dip today at $1.31
I like this company. They have competition and that is a concern but not a major issue as it’s a growing market. There are other companies with similar platforms targeting different customer groups at this stage that could easily move to the same types of customers but I have faith that there is room for PLX to grow and expand.

Good on you....just remember to keep some spare cash so you can max out on the proposed capital raising.

So many words to eat, started on page one of this thread shatting on VML and then PLX year after year after year, ad nauseam, ad infinitum.

:D

Someone famous once said, "Success is the best form of revenge."
Suffice it to say that those of us who got into both PEB and PLX some time ago are feeling quite successful.

RupertBear
29-07-2020, 06:04 PM
Good on you....just remember to keep some spare cash so you can max out on the proposed capital raising.

Suffice it to say that those of us who got into both PEB and PLX some time ago are feeling quite successful.

Quite true LeftField. Maybe even Balance will jump aboard PLX now that he is on board PEB! Maybe, maybe not. He is probably too busy playing his broken record on Kiwibuild and woke pixie dust over on the Election thread :p :D

tango
29-07-2020, 06:50 PM

I agree on both of these sentiments.

I have some underperforming shares I can divest plus cash in the bank. My only regret with PLX is not adding to my collection during the March low. I had an order in but was a bit cheeky with my bid. Live and learn. PLX is only about 3% of my portfolio so I can happily add to it.

whatsup
29-07-2020, 08:07 PM
Quite true LeftField. Maybe even Balance will jump aboard PLX now that he is on board PEB! Maybe, maybe not. He is probably too busy playing his broken record on Kiwibuild and woke pixie dust over on the Election thread :p :D

not forgetting the non event ie PoA nonmove !!

keenkiwiflyer
30-07-2020, 01:08 PM
Huge price increase today! Not going down! Wahoo PLX!

nevchev
30-07-2020, 01:14 PM
Huge price increase today! Not going down! Wahoo PLX!
Congrats you guys.well done

JSwan
30-07-2020, 01:17 PM
Literally no sellers on the market at the moment

Baa_Baa
30-07-2020, 01:21 PM
Literally no sellers on the market at the moment Nonsense, there's 63,976 shares on Ask right this minute ranging from $1.44 to $2.04

steveb
30-07-2020, 01:27 PM
with over 400k sold today I would have to say JSwan is on the money there are literally no sellers out there