PDA

View Full Version : TSK - TASK Group Holdings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Brain
03-01-2018, 12:27 PM
Bit of action with Plexure today. I have been underwater on this one for quite some time. If the enthusiasm for this stock continues I might be able to use a snorkel instead of Scuba.

winner69
03-01-2018, 01:41 PM
Bit of action with Plexure today. I have been underwater on this one for quite some time. If the enthusiasm for this stock continues I might be able to use a snorkel instead of Scuba.

Action maybe because a broker included in their Top 5 picks for 2018

Amazing how punters get excited this time of year seeing those top picks

Cobber
03-01-2018, 02:16 PM
Action maybe because a broker included in their Top 5 picks for 2018

Amazing how punters get excited this time of year seeing those top picks

I'm predicting that they will be very close to registering a profit for this financial year.

Not sure how much value that adds to the company, but its great to see nonetheless.

Some new management too. I rate them.

Cobber
30-05-2018, 11:27 AM
I'm glad to see Scott Bradley has exited this business. The results for the last 6 months are quite remarkable.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/318689

I like it that the puffery NZX announcements have ceased with a focus on letting the results speak for themselves. I'm picking they are heading into profit for the next financial year.

mfd
30-05-2018, 11:35 AM
I'm glad to see Scott Bradley has exited this business. The results for the last 6 months are quite remarkable.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/318689

I like it that the puffery NZX announcements have ceased with a focus on letting the results speak for themselves. I'm picking they are heading into profit for the next financial year.

Agreed, nice results. Good revenue growth even while reducing costs, nice pile of cash and cash flow positive. Onwards and upwards? My holding is even in profit at last.

Cobber
30-05-2018, 11:49 AM
Agreed, nice results. Good revenue growth even while reducing costs, nice pile of cash and cash flow positive. Onwards and upwards? My holding is even in profit at last.

These results don't include the announced McDonalds NZ contract in late March.... so should be another nice bump for first 6 months results too.

whatsup
30-05-2018, 05:52 PM
Dipped my foot in here today, see what happens r they good or r they still like the V _ mob !!

Cobber
30-05-2018, 06:00 PM
Dipped my foot in here today, see what happens r they good or r they still like the V _ mob !!

My opinion is VMob was Scott Bradley. Costs were out of control, lots of puffery PR, bloated salaries but a good product.

Came crashing down last year when Azure costs skyrocketed. Scott Bradley left. New management came in. Some pretty good talent with experience selling software to multiple regions around the world.

Costs are now under control, they have growth and there is a focus on getting to profitability which looks achievable now in the new financial year.

I'm picking we won't hear much from them this year. They seem happy to let the numbers speak for themselves which gives me time to acquire more stock over the coming 6 months :)

whatsup
30-05-2018, 06:45 PM
My opinion is VMob was Scott Bradley. Costs were out of control, lots of puffery PR, bloated salaries but a good product.

Came crashing down last year when Azure costs skyrocketed. Scott Bradley left. New management came in. Some pretty good talent with experience selling software to multiple regions around the world.

Costs are now under control, they have growth and there is a focus on getting to profitability which looks achievable now in the new financial year.

I'm picking we won't hear much from them this year. They seem happy to let the numbers speak for themselves which gives me time to acquire more stock over the coming 6 months :)

The " numbers " always speak volumes imo , PLX have been given a life line, the fish heads shouldn't fluff this one up as its the one chance to make a name and $ for themselves (read share holders ) !

Kiwi
06-06-2018, 10:42 AM
I'm also thinking of acquiring more of this stock. Have been reading up on the Internet of Things and it's where this company is. Could we see this stock do the same thing as Serko? Was at 10 cents for quite a while, and now look at it.

Schrodinger
06-06-2018, 12:50 PM
Their McD's relationship is extremely strong. Company is very undervalued in my opinion. Single customer risk but also providing immense value to this one customer. Also the mobile ordering app is launched so if they monetise correctly should see great growth. In a nutshell they are providing an extra layer of consumer eating habits for leverage.

Would love to know US McD's intentions. Any serious uptake would double PLX overnight.

Kiwi
07-06-2018, 10:22 AM
Their McD's relationship is extremely strong. Company is very undervalued in my opinion. Single customer risk but also providing immense value to this one customer. Also the mobile ordering app is launched so if they monetise correctly should see great growth. In a nutshell they are providing an extra layer of consumer eating habits for leverage.

Would love to know US McD's intentions. Any serious uptake would double PLX overnight.

Thank you Schrodinger. Always good to hear other peoples opinions. I well recall how Diligent ended up, at around 10 cents for what seemed years then off like a rocket. Sold to a US company.

Food4Thought
07-06-2018, 04:44 PM
Thank you Schrodinger. Always good to hear other peoples opinions. I well recall how Diligent ended up, at around 10 cents for what seemed years then off like a rocket. Sold to a US company.

Thanks for the infi people. I thought it's worth getting my toes wet for... especially if it's been at $1?! NICE signs of a serious performance improvement. GREAT DAY

Oliver Mander
20-06-2018, 11:41 AM
How interesting...isn't this the same individual who bought into ikeGPS?
That's a big bet...vote of confidence perhaps? Price is $0.20 per share...

ubstantial product holder(s) giving disclosure:

Full name(s): Scobie Ward

Summary of substantial holding

Class of quoted voting products: Ordinary shares (PLX.NZ)

Summary for: Scobie Ward

For this disclosure,--

(a) total number held in class: 9,840,858

(b) total in class: 113,057,910

(c) total percentage held in class: 8.70%

Brain
20-06-2018, 05:17 PM
The Flip side to the above post on Scobie Ward buying is that the Bradleys sold down their shareholding. I guess one of the parties must be right.

Oliver Mander
20-06-2018, 05:27 PM
Scott Bradley looks like he has been on the outer for this company for a wee while...no bad thing by the looks of the new bloke. Costs looking in better (more realistic) shape, revenues still increasing. Perhaps no bad thing if he is off the share register, or at least has reduced influence.

Brain
20-06-2018, 08:19 PM
Scott Bradley looks like he has been on the outer for this company for a wee while...no bad thing by the looks of the new bloke. Costs looking in better (more realistic) shape, revenues still increasing. Perhaps no bad thing if he is off the share register, or at least has reduced influence.

Yeah I agree that maybe Scobie has called it right. As a shareholder I hope so. But I am still trying to understand why the Bradley’s have sold down . It is my belief that within 1 to 2 years the share price should be twice what it is now and that is lost opportunity for the Bradleys. Either they really badly want a new deck or they are stupid or they understand the business more than the other shareholders and they have exited at the right time. Time will tell.

Lola
20-06-2018, 08:33 PM
Yeah I agree that maybe Scobie has called it right. As a shareholder I hope so. But I am still trying to understand why the Bradley’s have sold down . It is my belief that within 1 to 2 years the share price should be twice what it is now and that is lost opportunity for the Bradleys. Either they really badly want a new deck or they are stupid or they understand the business more than the other shareholders and they have exited at the right time. Time will tell.

Needs the money mate. Simple as that. Many many example from history that prove these sorts of little events can be turning points. Dont over analyse.

Brain
22-06-2018, 03:06 PM
Bit of a jump today. Maybe Scooby Doo is buying some more.

whatsup
06-07-2018, 02:00 PM
Up 7% today and highest price for 6 months.

Lola
09-07-2018, 08:37 PM
Up 7% today and highest price for 6 months.

Beautiful action this little button. Keep it in your radars chaps.

Timesurfer
14-08-2018, 10:45 AM
Sounds sensible if not exciting?
https://www.plexure.com/investors (http://www.plexure.com/investors)

Cobber
22-08-2018, 04:06 PM
Sounds sensible if not exciting?
https://www.plexure.com/investors (http://www.plexure.com/investors)

Makes a big difference to past announcements where we got information based around how many millions of interactions their platform was getting.

This presentation actually has a strategy with an addressable market that they can target.

whatsup
30-10-2018, 09:29 AM
Turnaround with revenue improving 54% and $1.1 maiden profit, is this the first green shoots and more to come ?

mfd
30-10-2018, 09:35 AM
Very nice looking numbers at first glance, 1 million profit in 6 months, 6 million in the bank, 51% increase in revenue, all with a market cap of 17 million.

whatsup
30-10-2018, 10:03 AM
Turnaround with revenue improving 54% and $1.1 maiden profit, is this the first green shoots and more to come ?

Up 22.6% before market opens, looking good atm !

percy
30-10-2018, 10:26 AM
A very positive announcements.

silverblizzard888
30-10-2018, 11:00 AM
Not the best liquidity though I'm in and looking forward to seeing how things pan out. Cash in the Bank of 6 million, 1.1 million profits first 6 months and revenues only likely to continue to increase. Could be a winner if things continue this way. Might be my next SLI.

Might I add the beauty of this company is that it doesn't need much marketing cost, profits are made when you can add business with a low acquisition cost.

Timesurfer
30-10-2018, 11:43 AM
Bit of luck Microsoft will decide they are worth $34 billion (https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ibm-nears-deal-acquire-cyber-180812533.html?fbclid=IwAR1unKeL-IVz7IyyUt2p_YBaqABTzYfFNEuASjY5Fr4UtwooqYr0j7Oj-TY)

Timesurfer
30-10-2018, 12:02 PM
I don't think IBM will have much spare change now.
It might be relevant, we will have to wait and see given I am not privy to who may or may not be looking to buy them out.

whatsup
30-10-2018, 01:53 PM
All those D Ters who bought this morning hoping for a bigger trade are now dumping, hard way imo to make a dollar !!

pg0220
30-10-2018, 02:54 PM
Half year revenue for this year = $8m
Half year revenue for last year = approx. $5m (50% increase in revenue)
Full year revenue for last year = $11.5m
Second half year revenue for last year = $6.5m

So their revenue by period has been on growth steadily, but seems at a higher rate recently. If this continues, the full year revenue for this year could be around $18m.

Their market cap is at $21.5m according to ASB, which will be approx 1.2x based on revenue of $18m. I know with the recent market correction, it may sound irrelevant, but they seem undervalued based on this?

It also sounds like they are on a further growth with sales forces in US and account manager in Europe..... I think there just too many people got bored with holding shares in this company..

whatsup
31-10-2018, 06:31 PM
Slow but steady trading since yesterdays ann, good to see that the S P is nearly back to yesterdays high of .24

Leftfield
31-10-2018, 09:36 PM
Slow but steady trading since yesterdays ann, good to see that the S P is nearly back to yesterdays high of .24

Liked the update. T/A looking v positive. I'm in.

whatsup
01-11-2018, 09:50 AM
PLX being rerated now, don't expect a major rerate but we are off the bottom, Im picking mid .30's

Brain
01-11-2018, 10:20 AM
PLX being rerated now, don't expect a major rerate but we are off the bottom, Im picking mid .30's

That is where I think fair value should be. The market is generally very pessimistic and suspicious of all shares and until that changes maybe we will not see a significant rerate.

mikeybycrikey
01-11-2018, 11:27 AM

I would agree with that. PLX has had a pretty long and uncertain journey to get where it is today. The profit has been coming for a while but I'm still uncertain about the longer-term prospects. It will need at least another couple of good results before there is much of a turnaround in sentiment.

My major concern is how sticky the customers are. They don't appear to have that many customers and what happens if one or two large ones leave? They seem to have developed long-term relationships but it's still a worry for me.

Also, I don't see the profit increasing any time soon. They basically said as much in the interim report: "The continuing growth in the Company’s revenue [...] has given Directors the confidence to accelerate investment in Plexure’s technology platform and its people ...". So, expenses are going up..... but who knows if that will lead to profit.

silverblizzard888
01-11-2018, 02:52 PM
I would agree with that. PLX has had a pretty long and uncertain journey to get where it is today. The profit has been coming for a while but I'm still uncertain about the longer-term prospects. It will need at least another couple of good results before there is much of a turnaround in sentiment.

My major concern is how sticky the customers are. They don't appear to have that many customers and what happens if one or two large ones leave? They seem to have developed long-term relationships but it's still a worry for me.

Also, I don't see the profit increasing any time soon. They basically said as much in the interim report: "The continuing growth in the Company’s revenue [...] has given Directors the confidence to accelerate investment in Plexure’s technology platform and its people ...". So, expenses are going up..... but who knows if that will lead to profit.

Their main customer and biggest by far is Mcdonalds, which has taken over 12 months to fully implement everywhere around the world in many places and then time taken to gain traction for the app, with revenues increasing its definitely a good sign of traction. Mcdonalds should be happy so I think these guys have a customer for the long term.

whatsup
01-11-2018, 05:02 PM
Their main customer and biggest by far is Mcdonalds, which has taken over 12 months to fully implement everywhere around the world in many places and then time taken to gain traction for the app, with revenues increasing its definitely a good sign of traction. Mcdonalds should be happy so I think these guys have a customer for the long term.

and Im sure that there will be other customers watching as to how successful the McDonalds relationship turns out and if positive it could be a "me to" decision/relationship for others.

silverblizzard888
02-11-2018, 05:42 PM
and Im sure that there will be other customers watching as to how successful the McDonalds relationship turns out and if positive it could be a "me to" decision/relationship for others.

Well the fact that they have IKEA too means these guys can get big brand names if they put their mind to it. They failed in the past by trying to move too quick, spending too much and trying to pick up too many customers with no substance, which it seems their customers either didn't need the apps or didn't understand how the apps could of help them. They do have to be very particular how they chose their customers so that they have a long term sustainable relationship. Its no point getting a customer for the sake of it if the app they build for their customer can't help the customer increase sales. They are better off targeting businesses that have a dedicated client base who would solely have the app because they love the brand.

The cashflow for this business is incredible too. Nearly $2.2 million in 6 months positive cashflow, I'd say this could borderline on being a cash cow if they can just keep a consistent performance. $27 million market cap, so more reward than risk in this ride.
Looks like the share price has been slowly picking up, if they perform consistently or increases on their performance the market will all be scrambling to get on this boat. We could have a $60-100 million company in market valuation in the next 12 months if they perform consistently.

Not to mention how little stock is on for sale, if the crowd came in there wouldn't be much liquidity, which kind of makes it a good thing if those convertible bonds convert to shares.

sommelier
02-11-2018, 09:57 PM
https://www.facebook.com/plexurelive/photos/pb.337131153009455.-2207520000.1541148967./2055771417812078/?type=3&theater

Is this real? Apologies to non-Facebook users.

silverblizzard888
02-11-2018, 10:05 PM
https://www.facebook.com/plexurelive/photos/pb.337131153009455.-2207520000.1541148967./2055771417812078/?type=3&theater

Yeah I saw that earlier and was wondering about that as well. Here we are thinking Plexure is a tiny unknown NZ company and next think you know the Nasdaq who Plexure has nothing to do with is being congratulated by them in the most strongest and public way ever. Perhaps its hint at a future possible listing in the US. Shows how underrated these guys are, especially given their clients and exposure.

Ghost Monkey
02-11-2018, 10:25 PM

Wait.... what?

Leftfield
03-11-2018, 03:51 PM
https://www.facebook.com/plexurelive/photos/pb.337131153009455.-2207520000.1541148967./2055771417812078/?type=3&theater - Is this real?.

Nice for staff and investors to dream of a NYSE listing, however, I urge a small reality check. There are NYSE capital and size requirements to be met. If it was all so easy PPH and XRO would have done it by now. (Just saying.)

Brain
03-11-2018, 05:44 PM
Nice for staff and investors to dream of a NYSE listing, however, I urge a small reality check. There are NYSE capital and size requirements to be met. If it was all so easy PPH and XRO would have done it by now. (Just saying.)
Probably a takeover is more likely than a NYSE listing. If it did happen I hope that the shareholders would do better than we did out of the Diligent takeover.

silverblizzard888
04-11-2018, 12:55 PM
Not to make a farfetched comparison, though looking at a company like Serko who only produces $18 million in revenue and a profit of $1.8 million being worth $260 million with revenue growth at 20-30% a year, makes you consider how undervalued Plexure is if it can find the same consistency.

PLexure has $8 million revenue and a possible $2 million profit if next 6 months is similar to past 6 months. Market cap at $27 million, nearly a tenth of Serko. Revenue also grew 51%, while this may slow with FY17 at 61%, last 6 months at 51%, so likely case 30-40% expected growth going forward.

Lola
04-11-2018, 05:54 PM
not to make a farfetched comparison, though looking at a company like serko who only produces $18 million in revenue and a profit of $1.8 million being worth $260 million with revenue growth at 20-30% a year, makes you consider how undervalued plexure is if it can find the same consistency.

Plexure has $8 million revenue and a possible $2 million profit if next 6 months is similar to past 6 months. Market cap at $27 million, nearly a tenth of serko. Revenue also grew 51%, while this may slow with fy17 at 61%, last 6 months at 51%, so likely case 30-40% expected growth going forward.

not farfetched at all

McGinty
04-11-2018, 08:00 PM
Not to make a farfetched comparison, though looking at a company like Serko who only produces $18 million in revenue and a profit of $1.8 million being worth $260 million with revenue growth at 20-30% a year, makes you consider how undervalued Plexure is if it can find the same consistency.

PLexure has $8 million revenue and a possible $2 million profit if next 6 months is similar to past 6 months. Market cap at $27 million, nearly a tenth of Serko. Revenue also grew 51%, while this may slow with FY17 at 61%, last 6 months at 51%, so likely case 30-40% expected growth going forward.

I did the sums on the same comparison between PLX and SKO, with the difference of annualising the Rev ($16m - HY of $8m x 2), add a little growth in there and you get SKO's numbers on with a 90% discount on market price.

Of course PLX has a checkered past and operating in a different space with its own risks that need consideration.

Disc: not holding but watching closely

Baa_Baa
04-11-2018, 09:01 PM
Probably a takeover is more likely than a NYSE listing. If it did happen I hope that the shareholders would do better than we did out of the Diligent takeover.

Neither are particularly likely.

PLX is in deep with Microsoft, very deep. There's no need for MS to acquire PLX when PLX are completely reliant on MS technologies underpinning their platform. Very unlikely any other party would acquire PLX while MS have such a dominant technology influence and could tip the boat anyway, anywhere anytime they want to. There will be no Angel exit for the major shareholders.

There's no way PLX is listing on NASDAQ either, they are a very long way from the minimum listing requirements. Maybe one day, but not anytime soon.

What punters might want to do some research on is:

- why there are no new customers for years? Maybe they've been busy rolling out McD's, IKEA and 7-Eleven, but what would we know since they stopped communicating the important stuff to shareholders ages ago.

- who noticed that the brains trust has also left? I'll leave it to you to figure out which technical minds have moved on to new ventures, those were the brains that envisaged the strategy, the app, the platform and the back-end architecture. All gone.

- making a profit is easy, if you downsize the personnel expenses and rationalise the sales capability (maybe an indicator for both of the above) while modestly growing the revenue as existing customers stores are rolled out.

- where have all the other customers gone? The website lists only three now, there were some big names that are no longer mentioned.

Dig deeper. DYODD and you will perhaps discover why this is still a 15-20 cent share. It is also a target for nimble traders who know how to scalp a 50 - 100% profit in a few days or weeks off the back of gullible investors who know nothing about the company except that its shareprice suddenly seems to have gone up a bit.

I reckon Balance will be along shortly to remind us all about the checkered history of this company, it's backdoor listing, how the promoters have made more money than anyone else.
:D

Balance
05-11-2018, 08:50 AM
I did the sums on the same comparison between PLX and SKO, with the difference of annualising the Rev ($16m - HY of $8m x 2), add a little growth in there and you get SKO's numbers on with a 90% discount on market price.

Of course PLX has a checkered past and operating in a different space with its own risks that need consideration.

Disc: not holding but watching closely

Another Serko?

OMG! How can I miss such a gem?

Maybe it's because the promoters and directors have been rushing for the exit with their precious shares everytime there's 'good' news while Serko's directors put more money in! :D

whatsup
05-11-2018, 09:59 AM
Neither are particularly likely.

PLX is in deep with Microsoft, very deep. There's no need for MS to acquire PLX when PLX are completely reliant on MS technologies underpinning their platform. Very unlikely any other party would acquire PLX while MS have such a dominant technology influence and could tip the boat anyway, anywhere anytime they want to. There will be no Angel exit for the major shareholders.

There's no way PLX is listing on NASDAQ either, they are a very long way from the minimum listing requirements. Maybe one day, but not anytime soon.

What punters might want to do some research on is:

- why there are no new customers for years? Maybe they've been busy rolling out McD's, IKEA and 7-Eleven, but what would we know since they stopped communicating the important stuff to shareholders ages ago.

- who noticed that the brains trust has also left? I'll leave it to you to figure out which technical minds have moved on to new ventures, those were the brains that envisaged the strategy, the app, the platform and the back-end architecture. All gone.

- making a profit is easy, if you downsize the personnel expenses and rationalise the sales capability (maybe an indicator for both of the above) while modestly growing the revenue as existing customers stores are rolled out.

- where have all the other customers gone? The website lists only three now, there were some big names that are no longer mentioned.

Dig deeper. DYODD and you will perhaps discover why this is still a 15-20 cent share. It is also a target for nimble traders who know how to scalp a 50 - 100% profit in a few days or weeks off the back of gullible investors who know nothing about the company except that its shareprice suddenly seems to have gone up a bit.

I reckon Balance will be along shortly to remind us all about the checkered history of this company, it's backdoor listing, how the promoters have made more money than anyone else.
:D

BB so where have the brains trust moved to ?

steveb
05-11-2018, 10:10 AM
given the checkered past,is it not surprising the brains trust has moved on.Surely if you are competent and considered part of the brains trust and you have no skin in the game,why would you not move on.

Vish
05-11-2018, 02:56 PM
This thread always catches my eye.. No longer a holder, sold last year... rather play lotto tbh

FYI to the holders - Microsoft Azure prices are set to increase soon, most likely PLX are still using Azure so no doubt their expenditure will follow suit.

Timesurfer
05-11-2018, 03:10 PM
I just got nice letter from CFO Andrew today.
I almost feel guilty now selling my pocketful of shares earlier today - I blame you negative lot. :ohmy:

Still, it was a tidy profit and now I have invested in electric to help PLX power up the next stage of their development.

Brain
05-11-2018, 06:16 PM
I am not selling. Way more positives than negatives with this one.

Cobber
06-11-2018, 09:27 AM
I am not selling. Way more positives than negatives with this one.

Agreed. I believe the new brains trust have way more smarts than the founders. I don't mind if they have lost customers... who is to say they were profitable customers anyway... they could have been signed up in desperation to simply inflate revenue numbers. We'll never know. But making a profit is absolutely the direction this company needs to focus on. Even if that means culling low hanging fruit (customers).

mikeybycrikey
06-11-2018, 10:12 AM
I don't mind if they have lost customers... who is to say they were profitable customers anyway... they could have been signed up in desperation to simply inflate revenue numbers. We'll never know.

Do we even know that they have lost customers? They don't seem to be making any announcements about customers any more but are they also just being a bit quieter about who they are working with?

I'm not saying they haven't lost customers but do we have any evidence of it, other than the website image that someone posted the other day?

I'm still not totally convinced about this company but I am holding and am cautiously optimistic.

whatsup
06-11-2018, 10:17 AM
PLX could be the sleeper for 2019 along with RAK and RBC .

Lola
06-11-2018, 02:47 PM
PLX could be the sleeper for 2019 along with RAK and RBC .

Correct and while some of us have been sleeping it’s already up 120% in the last 12 months.

Cobber
06-11-2018, 04:25 PM
Do we even know that they have lost customers? They don't seem to be making any announcements about customers any more but are they also just being a bit quieter about who they are working with?

I'm not saying they haven't lost customers but do we have any evidence of it, other than the website image that someone posted the other day?

I'm still not totally convinced about this company but I am holding and am cautiously optimistic.

Haha blame it on Baa Baa.... his post referenced customers disappearing.

Snow Leopard
06-11-2018, 05:05 PM
Haha blame it on Baa Baa....

Like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqxVMLVe62U

silverblizzard888
06-11-2018, 05:23 PM
They have lost very small customers stuff like one where they did a tourism app for Auckland city and some other ones, they use to have 5-6 logos to show their customers, now they only have 3 core logos who they have as customers. I think past ones included a beer company and the other a fuel retalier.
They actually haven't signed any other customers apart from other Mcdonalds, in the last 12 months they added about 20 other countries serving Mcdonalds. These guys have enough of their work cut out for them just serving Mcdonalds, they don't need to sign other customers for now. Just keep adding Mcdonalds, develop app abilities and this will be a incredibly valuable company going forward.

Baa_Baa
06-11-2018, 06:11 PM
Type into Google "Top 10 largest beer companies in the world". No, don't bother, #1 is ... Anheuser-Busch. I wonder what happened to them on the customer list? Maybe the trials didn't work out so good? The minnow customers Loyalty NZ and Heart of the City Auckland were on the 8/8/18 CEO Review, but aren't on the website.

Did anyone notice in that CEO review how the pitch included referenced to competitors, how many funding rounds and 'exit'. It's like an Angel investors presentation, those that attend such things will recognise the rhetoric, not what you'd expect from a listed company presentation.

Reading the comments here, it's pretty clear no-one has any real idea about how the customers are going - no insult intended, how would we if the company doesn't communicate anymore. Furthermore, there's a lot we don't know anymore about the company.

It would help to have an update on the McD's rollout, whether 7-Eleven expanded beyond the pilot, whether IKEA did anything or will progress, where the other customers and trials have got to. Why no new customers at all? Nothing, but not surprising since they went from an over communicator to saying next to nothing.

With departures of key directors, the founder, the core technology staff including co-founder and chief tech strategy (recently) and the technology platform guru, it's a wonder they've any direction. But again, the technology strategy reported is wafer thin, with no updates on previous strategies and how they're going.

It looks like they're grooming the business for sale, to be honest. Stripping out the 'growth costs' (sales and techs), slowly grow existing customer revenues to profitability, package up the balance sheet and P&L, and find a buyer. I'm probably wrong but it does have a look about it.

Now don't get me wrong, as some will remember I really liked this company and still hope they will do well. I also made a nice return out of it, but only as a trading stock. The payout was probably not worth the opportunity cost from tying up capital waiting for the spikes. My challenge, maybe like yours , I think is that investing in something that has devolved to being basically all guess work because they tell you nothing of substance, is simply a punt and not really prudent therefore doesn't work for me anymore at this time.

Cheers
BAA

Brain
06-11-2018, 06:33 PM
Increasing revenue by 50% indicates that one or more of their current customers are happy with the Plexure Software.
This alone is a very good indicator for me plus the fact with probably $4,000,000 cash flow for the year means that they will not be going back to us shareholders for more dosh. Plexure have made great strides in the last year or so. Good on them.

mikeybycrikey
07-11-2018, 10:53 AM
Reading the comments here, it's pretty clear no-one has any real idea about how the customers are going - no insult intended, how would we if the company doesn't communicate anymore. Furthermore, there's a lot we don't know anymore about the company.

It would help to have an update on the McD's rollout, whether 7-Eleven expanded beyond the pilot, whether IKEA did anything or will progress, where the other customers and trials have got to. Why no new customers at all? Nothing, but not surprising since they went from an over communicator to saying next to nothing.

It does make it hard to know how well the company is going now that communication has basically stopped. As you say, they were probably sharing too much information before but I think it was a marketing strategy rather than helping to inform investors. They were trying to talk up the SP to help raise more capital. That we no longer have any visibility at all about where the revenue is coming from isn't great though.

I would have to disagree with your thoughts about the company packaging itself for sale. I think getting to profit and then working from there was the only viable strategy for PLX. I think they had run out of other funding options.

Previously they were frantically trying to raise capital several times a year, each time at a lower price than previously. This was not sustainable. Now that they are profitable and cash flow positive, expect costs to increase again. I would be surprised if profits grow much over the next couple of years, even if revenue continues to increase.

Brain
09-11-2018, 05:11 PM
The price seems to be consolidating now. It might be the beginning of an uptrend. I am still underwater on this one. A couple more cents and I will be floating on the surface drying my fur.

sommelier
09-11-2018, 09:56 PM
@Brain I've got that combination of 'still way underwater' and 'actually wrote this off some time last year' so I won't be drying anything for a long time.

pg0220
29-11-2018, 12:52 PM
Plexure is hiring on a several roles. On LinkedIn, they said the reason was due to customer growth. Got to be a good sign.

https://www.plexure.com/careers/

hardt
30-11-2018, 02:28 PM
After being a bit of a critic of PLX they have proved me wrong.

Bought a few last week and looking to build into a larger position if they continue to shut my previous commentary down.

Brain
21-12-2018, 05:24 PM
I seethat Scobie added 2,000,000 more shares @ 24c to his pile. Clearly showing some interest in this unloved share.

whatsup
24-12-2018, 10:22 AM
I seethat Scobie added 2,000,000 more shares @ 24c to his pile. Clearly showing some interest in this unloved share.

and a few metoo buyers today, the heads up imo is when overseas or big boys buy so the locals can coat tail, OHE, SLI ,MPG,RBD,TME, who have I missed?

percy
24-12-2018, 12:33 PM
Not much incentive with the options price at or below the current share price.
30 cents or higher would have employees more aligned with shareholders.

silverblizzard888
31-12-2018, 12:47 PM
Share price at a 18 month high today, momentum is building for 2019

Brain
04-01-2019, 08:55 PM
At last after all these years no longer underwater , floating on the surface drying my fur. That’s a great feeling the sun Warming these tired old bones. Hopefully Sommelier will be high and dry soon enjoying the sun and quaffing his favourite wine.

whatsup
07-01-2019, 09:41 AM
One of my picks for 2019.

whatsup
07-01-2019, 01:52 PM
One of my picks for 2019.

On the road again, .30 atm highest price for 2 years, people sloooooowly catching on whats going on here, up 36% + in the last month !!

silverblizzard888
07-01-2019, 02:30 PM
Me too, makes up one of my 2019 picks too.

Moving slowly, though cumulatively amazing run so far. Lots more to come!

whatsup
07-01-2019, 09:48 PM
Great finish today up 50% off its recent .22 low, must be the best % raise on the NZX in recent months and IMHO much much more still to come !!

whatsup
07-01-2019, 10:13 PM
Best % movement again today up 11.9% word is getting out after the big insto from overseas started buying a month ago, shades of , SLT , OHE ,MPG,TME,RBD,TGH and several others , IMO PLY could be a dollar share in a years time if they continue to hit their numbers and be lost to N Z with a offshore T O when their technology is applied to other companies v worldwide apart from McDonalds. !!

WAKE UP N Z !!.

Oliver Mander
07-01-2019, 11:43 PM
For what its worth, they were actually the best performing share on the market in 2018, with an 80% return (12 cents close in 2017, 27 cent close in 2018), although plenty of volatility along the way.

Suspect the influence of a) a decent CEO (cost control) and b) a maiden profit has had a helping hand in their share price.

I picked them in 2018 and again in this years comp, plus hold a goodly portion of shares in my real portfolio also.

pg0220
08-01-2019, 11:21 AM
The worst performing share until a few months back ago is now one of my best performing shares. Good that I believed in this company and stayed underwater until now.

whatsup
08-01-2019, 11:46 AM
Up another 12% today and imho pushing towards .40 !!

Oliver Mander
08-01-2019, 11:52 AM
I'm happy too :-)!
BUT I think they will get a "please explain" request from NZX...a large rise with no public information...

Nigelk
08-01-2019, 12:24 PM
BUT I think they will get a "please explain" request from NZX...a large rise with no public information...

Was among brokers picks for 'Top performers in 2019' that the Herald run every year.
Bought in in November after seeing great growth and maiden profit. At .23 it was a bargain.
Now up 60% in 2 months and will hold long-term.

Leftfield
08-01-2019, 12:27 PM

Could well be manipulation. No substantial news, and big price moves on low volumes. Pretty typical January trading while the big boys are on holiday.

08-01-2019, 12:32 PM
There are enough people on here to react to the positive posts over the last 2-3 days.

silverblizzard888
08-01-2019, 12:52 PM
Don't forget low liquidity in the stock, even just small buying will push this up pretty high. This can be positive or negative.

whatsup
08-01-2019, 01:41 PM
Could well be manipulation. No substantial news, and big price moves on low volumes. Pretty typical January trading while the big boys are on holiday.

L F , Didn't you read the Scobie Ward notice they upped their holding from 8.70% to 10 .47% just before Xmass, they wouldn't have done that for no reason .

whatsup
08-01-2019, 02:00 PM
L F , Didn't you read the Scobie Ward notice they upped their holding from 8.70% to 10 .47% just before Xmass, they wouldn't have done that for no reason .

Google Scobie Ward = angle investor out of Hong Kong

Leftfield
08-01-2019, 02:03 PM

I read the notice and hope you're right. (Disc I own some, and I picked PLX for the Y19 comp.)

That said, I still regard much of Jan trading as 'untypical' (low vols etc.) Time will tell.

Lola
09-01-2019, 02:39 PM
I read the notice and hope you're right. (Disc I own some, and I picked PLX for the Y19 comp.)

That said, I still regard much of Jan trading as 'untypical' (low vols etc.) Time will tell.

Lets have a game within a game . Which way is this stock going from here? Will it hit 40 before is retreats to 30? Cmon expert followers on this thread. Ill start and say 40 first.

whatsup
09-01-2019, 02:43 PM
Lets have a game within a game . Which way is this stock going from here? Will it hit 40 before is retreats to 30? Cmon expert followers on this thread. Ill start and say 40 first.

IMO the current S P is priced with a good next financial ann, if they are good then an upward movement from here if they disappoint then its back to .25-.30 !

pg0220
09-01-2019, 04:09 PM
They have achieved a EPS of 0.96c last half year. If they keep this, it will be around 2 cents EPS for this financial year. At the current price of 38 cents, they are priced at PE of 19x, which I think is reasonable and also relatively lower than other tech companies! Cash on hand is enough to go for further growth. If you follow their web site, they seem focusing on developing further technologies such as digital wallet etc., and also recruiting more employees for business expansion..... It looks to me they are well positioned for growth and there are more and more to come!

Oliver Mander
09-01-2019, 04:10 PM
The "please explain" has been received...and explained. Nothing to see here...

S/PRICE: PLX: NZXR Share Price Enquiry into Plexure Group Limited

Please see attached documentation relating to a share price enquiry in

Plexure Group Limited Ordinary Shares ("PLX") by NZX Regulation ("NZXR")

End CA:00329273 For:PLX Type:S/PRICE Time:2019-01-09 15:56:16

pg0220
09-01-2019, 04:20 PM
The "please explain" has been received...and explained. Nothing to see here...

You reckon this is good or bad?

whatsup
09-01-2019, 04:22 PM
Good but late .

Leftfield
11-02-2019, 12:41 PM
Nice to see a very small company buyback supporting SP levels around .29c to .30c.

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/PLX/330394/294704.pdf

hardt
11-02-2019, 01:10 PM
Nice to see a very small company buyback supporting SP levels around .29c to .30c.

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/PLX/330394/294704.pdf

I don't see the benefit for them to do this in their infancy.

Shareholders appreciate it but I would like to know they have something to invest in.

Brain
11-02-2019, 01:19 PM

I think they were just buying non marketable parcels to clean up their share register a bit

Leftfield
11-02-2019, 01:33 PM
Thanks for your thoughts Hardt and Brain...... I agree (it was only a tiny buy-back) and I only have a small holding (nicely in gain territory.)

Watching this one with a degree of scepticism. Very early days.

11-02-2019, 01:38 PM
The notice of mopping up shares below marketable quantity was made on the 8/11/18 with the proviso that the would not do so for 3 months. So they bought them right on time. I suppose the three months was to give those share holders time to increase their holdings.

mikeybycrikey
11-02-2019, 01:50 PM
Given these are non-marketable parcels, I assume there are cost savings from mopping these small holders. Has anyone got any idea what these savings might actually be?

From the annual report (which is now obviously out of date) they had 294 holders with less than 1000 shares, comprising 77489 shares. They only bought 71421 shares so obviously didn’t quite remove 294 holders, but maybe they cut the register by about 20%.

Brain
11-02-2019, 02:25 PM
It would be interesting to know what the savings would be. In the old days it would have been postage and communication costs. Not so important now. Do share registers charge per shareholder still?

Nigelk
11-02-2019, 04:19 PM
They'll save a bit on admin and importantly boost their treasury stock at a good price.
I think they'll exceed the last 6 months half's profit given the strong growth and recurring revenue.
So maybe $2.4m net for the 12 months. So just 14x profit at today's valuation for a company that's growing strongly and with $6m in the bank.

noodles
22-02-2019, 04:57 PM
Plexure CEO, Craig Herbison is speaking in Auckland. Details here:
https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?10844-NZSA-Auckland-Meetings-and-Events&p=748611&viewfull=1#post748611

whatsup
26-02-2019, 04:51 PM
Scobie Ward increases its share holding by 25.6% they must see something very worth while as they now own 13+ %, hmmmm whatsup !! ? should be a boomer next ann imo !

Baa_Baa
27-02-2019, 11:50 AM
Scobie Ward increases its share holding by 25.6% they must see something very worth while as they now own 13+ %, hmmmm whatsup !! ? should be a boomer next ann imo !

Along with the founder selling a swag of shares as well. Maybe you might wonder why Scott would choose now to unload 2m shares reducing his holding by 1.764% to 7.683%. Doesn’t speak to his long term confidence in PLX.

Lola
27-02-2019, 12:06 PM
Along with the founder selling a swag of shares as well. Maybe you might wonder why Scott would choose now to unload 2m shares reducing his holding by 1.764% to 7.683%. Doesn’t speak to his long term confidence in PLX.

NONSENSE. Doesnt run the show anymore. Still has plenty and doubtless is just being prudent, as he funds his next enterprise.

Lola
28-02-2019, 02:17 PM
Plexure CEO, Craig Herbison is speaking in Auckland. Details here:
https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?10844-NZSA-Auckland-Meetings-and-Events&p=748611&viewfull=1#post748611

Did anyone attend the presentation? If so any feedback? Thanks

whatsup
01-03-2019, 10:40 AM

Lola, Judging from the price action , nothing of interest was reported that excited those present !

forest
01-03-2019, 11:16 AM

Yeah, I was there. Have you read their annual and interim reports and announcements of the last year?
At those meetings we are unlikely to get new information as that needs to be available to all share holders at the same time.
What we can try to judge if the info so-far available is likely to be genuine.
I think it is.

whatsup
01-03-2019, 11:41 AM
Yeah, I was there. Have you read their annual and interim reports and announcements of the last year?
At those meetings we are unlikely to get new information as that needs to be available to all share holders at the same time.
What we can try to judge if the info so-far available is likely to be genuine.
I think it is.

I agree Forest, Im picking PLX as one of my picks of the year.

noodles
01-03-2019, 12:31 PM

NZSA members will be able to view the video on the website once it has been edited and uploaded.
https://www.nzshareholders.co.nz/members.cfm

whatsup
01-03-2019, 03:21 PM
NZSA members will be able to view the video on the website once it has been edited and uploaded.
https://www.nzshareholders.co.nz/members.cfm

noodles, when I logged on could find the report, can you help please.

noodles
01-03-2019, 04:13 PM
noodles, when I logged on could find the report, can you help please.

I expect it will be at least a couple of weeks away. Members should get a notification by email when it is ready.

Leftfield
12-03-2019, 09:20 AM
Latest report now out. (http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/PLX/331766/296563.pdf)

Citing 100 million users, annual usage growth of over 50%, revenue to 16.8 mill up 40%, profit of $1m expected similar to last year due to higher staff costs as it pumps $'s into further developments.

Not a bad result...... good progress being made. Happy to hold.

golden city
12-03-2019, 09:40 AM
Looks like second half with revenue up costs up too with no profit at all in second half

Schrodinger
12-03-2019, 09:47 AM
Latest report now out. (http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/PLX/331766/296563.pdf)

Citing 100 million users, annual usage growth of over 50%, revenue to 16.8 mill up 40%, profit of $1m expected similar to last year due to higher staff costs as it pumps $'s into further developments.

Not a bad result...... good progress being made. Happy to hold.

Conservative estimate 5x 17 = $85M?

Oliver Mander
12-03-2019, 09:51 AM
Looks like second half with revenue up costs up too with no profit at all in second half

...for the right reasons though. investment in scaleability - always good for a growth company.
Will be curious to see how the market views this. Great growth, but with a long-term investment fish-hook...

Also curious about the impact of 10% more share on offer with the conversion...eps dilution.

however, a happy holder overall...

mfd
12-03-2019, 09:51 AM

Slightly disappointed they're not predicting more growth compared to hy1, but with 6 million in the bank already it makes perfect sense to spend all their revenues on setting up further growth. The CEO has spoken about aiming towards 100 million revenues, you don't get there without reinvesting.

Placemakers
12-03-2019, 09:56 AM
i also read this as a short term downgrade announcement, didn't know you you are following this one too...

winner69
12-03-2019, 09:56 AM
i also read this as a short term downgrade announcement, did you you are following this one too...

Aren’t number of customers / users more important (metric) than earnings/cash flow

Schrodinger
12-03-2019, 09:57 AM
i also read this as a short term downgrade announcement, didn't know you you are following this one too...

Worry about profit when growth really slows. As long as they are prudent and dont do a Wynyard they should be building revenues quickly.

According to my rough calcs they are 100% undervalued.

sb9
12-03-2019, 10:15 AM

Agree, in my books its a soft downgrade in the short term.

golden city
12-03-2019, 10:19 AM
12m more options to dilute the share price if you don’t might the profit side

Cobber
12-03-2019, 02:32 PM
Worry about profit when growth really slows. As long as they are prudent and dont do a Wynyard they should be building revenues quickly.

According to my rough calcs they are 100% undervalued.

$1m profit based on $17m rev - seems pretty light to me. Best result in years mind you. Hopefully this "platform upgrade" doesn't erode into too much of the next financial years results.

Lola
12-03-2019, 06:06 PM
$1m profit based on $17m rev - seems pretty light to me. Best result in years mind you. Hopefully this "platform upgrade" doesn't erode into too much of the next financial years results.

Great work by the team at PLX...nice to see a profit again...still waiting for something similar from Xero the hero.

Balance
13-03-2019, 08:15 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12212250

"A former partner at one of New Zealand's largest accounting firms has admitted failing to disclose an interest when buying a million shares in a company just a day after it landed a mega deal with McDonald's."

winner69
13-03-2019, 08:21 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12212250

"A former partner at one of New Zealand's largest accounting firms has admitted failing to disclose an interest when buying a million shares in a company just a day after it landed a mega deal with McDonald's."

I see our mate Sean was mentioned in the article ...what’s he up to these days?

Lola
14-03-2019, 09:10 AM
I see our mate Sean was mentioned in the article ...what’s he up to these days?

With CM Partners Auckland Corporate Advisor outfit. His advice on the matter was 100% correct.

Leftfield
14-03-2019, 05:30 PM
More info' on PLX FYI as provided to the recent Forbar investor forums. (http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/PLX/331964/296769.pdf)

Some useful information tho' a bit light on financials!

(Disc small speculative hold)

Brain
27-03-2019, 05:31 PM
Wired.com has an article entitled

“McDonald’s bites on big data with $300 Million Acquisition”

whatsup
27-03-2019, 05:50 PM
Can someone post a link ?

Brain
27-03-2019, 06:09 PM
Just go to wired.com and it is on their home page

silverblizzard888
27-03-2019, 06:39 PM
One link delivery: https://www.wired.com/story/mcdonalds-big-data-dynamic-yield-acquisition/

Hope they acquire PLX too ;)
$300 million will be a great price

Cobber
28-03-2019, 09:32 AM
One link delivery: https://www.wired.com/story/mcdonalds-big-data-dynamic-yield-acquisition/

Hope they acquire PLX too ;)
$300 million will be a great price

McDonald’s vetted around 30 firms offering similar personalization engine services, and landed on Dynamic Yield after proving out the technology in the Miami pilot. “It’s probably less about the product and more about the data scientists that come with it, the people that come with it, and their ability to move quickly with us,” says Henry.

Considering PLX is also a personalization engine, I daresay they would have been part of the vetting process and missed out. I'm not sure how deep PLX's data scientist bench is in terms of employee's. I've never heard them talk about their team, only their tech.

mikeybycrikey
28-03-2019, 09:47 AM
Considering PLX is also a personalization engine, I daresay they would have been part of the vetting process and missed out. I'm not sure how deep PLX's data scientist bench is in terms of employee's. I've never heard them talk about their team, only their tech.

I was thinking there was a good chance that PLX missed out too, although given it was a $US300 million, maybe PLX just wasn’t large enough to make the grade.

PLX have been making good progress in the past couple of years but my biggest worry is that one of their larger customers would leave, and they don’t seem to have that many customers. This news increases the risk of that slightly.

whatsup
28-03-2019, 11:11 AM
I was thinking there was a good chance that PLX missed out too, although given it was a $US300 million, maybe PLX just wasn’t large enough to make the grade.

PLX have been making good progress in the past couple of years but my biggest worry is that one of their larger customers would leave, and they don’t seem to have that many customers. This news increases the risk of that slightly.

IMO it gives us a market to be aiming at, there are heaps or customers out there if they are convinced that PLS is on the right track.

Brain
28-03-2019, 04:30 PM
Current market cap for PLX is about US $26M which is peanuts. NZ shareholders would probably drop their trousers an bend over for not much more than that. Plexure could be a cheap bolt on for their recent acquisition and also ensure that Mc Donald’s do not have any competitors using the PLX software.

Cobber
01-04-2019, 10:23 AM
Current market cap for PLX is about US $26M which is peanuts. NZ shareholders would probably drop their trousers an bend over for not much more than that. Plexure could be a cheap bolt on for their recent acquisition and also ensure that Mc Donald’s do not have any competitors using the PLX software.

PLX has been around for years, competitor uptake has been minimal. Over 30 companies were vetted, that just goes to show that globally this field already has a lot of players. My biggest concern is the overlap between PLX offerings and the company McDonalds just bought. Essentially the only component that PLX provides to McDonalds is the app integration functionality. I'm picking this is the reason for PLX making a big investment in their platform in the last 6 months. Maybe the platform isn't as bulletproof as they thought. I'm sure we will find out more in a few months.

Nice Option
02-04-2019, 08:37 AM
(Bloomberg) -- Fresh off a tech acquisition last week, McDonald’s Corp. is making an investment in a mobile-app company to further its digital push.
The world’s biggest restaurant company is spending about $3.7 million for a 9.9 percent stake in Auckland, New Zealand-based Plexure Group Ltd., which already works with McDonald’s on its mobile app internationally. Under the new agreement, Plexure won’t sell some of its services to McDonald’s fast-food competitors, the companies said Monday.

winner69
02-04-2019, 08:39 AM
(Bloomberg) -- Fresh off a tech acquisition last week, McDonald’s Corp. is making an investment in a mobile-app company to further its digital push.
The world’s biggest restaurant company is spending about $3.7 million for a 9.9 percent stake in Auckland, New Zealand-based Plexure Group Ltd., which already works with McDonald’s on its mobile app internationally. Under the new agreement, Plexure won’t sell some of its services to McDonald’s fast-food competitors, the companies said Monday.

Pretty amazing eh

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/PLX/332813/297764.pdf

whatsup
02-04-2019, 08:47 AM
WOW, Where to from here, I note that because of this investment that PLX is now tied to McDonalds.

Brain
02-04-2019, 08:52 AM
That’s a cheap way of ensuring that Maccas keeps its competitive advantage. Maybe the share price might respond a bit to that announcement

silverblizzard888
02-04-2019, 08:54 AM
Well its nearly as good as a acquisition lol, its a great sign of confidence and further strengthening and great acknowledgement of their partnership. 25.8% premium on yesterdays share price, looks like we're in for a pretty green day today!

Also a bonus at the end of the statement. On 12th March they said they passed 100 million users from 47 countries, today they write they have 110 million users from 49 countries, rapid user growth! Good work Plexure.

Brain
02-04-2019, 09:03 AM
I hope you are right Silver but this is an unloved share it may not move much.

mfd
02-04-2019, 09:28 AM
Fantastic news, reduces the major risk of losing their biggest customer. It does seem to tie them down a little more, but hopefully they will develop their other opportunities outside QSRs. They also now have a bunch of cash to spend on further developments.

silverblizzard888
02-04-2019, 09:42 AM
I hope you are right Silver but this is an unloved share it may not move much.

Looks like theres barely any shares left to be bought, 39 cent on open, all the love you could ask for and hopefully more to come

Schrodinger
02-04-2019, 09:45 AM
Let me see: a strategic investment from a massive multinational, guaranteed $1M+ revenue increase from new contract, minimum performance measures agreed by Macca's. Only downside is they they couldn't do the dive thru and other stuff that their new acquisition can.

Looks good to me.

youngatheart
02-04-2019, 09:59 AM
FOMO is in full effect...

Leftfield
02-04-2019, 10:04 AM
Woohoo! Great news today..... glad to have this in my portfolio and to have picked this in the stock picking comp!

GLH!

Oliver Mander
02-04-2019, 10:07 AM
looks like a pretty loved share to me right now...:-)!!!

Leftfield
02-04-2019, 10:42 AM
Doubled up today......... v well positioned!

mikeybycrikey
02-04-2019, 10:44 AM
It has been a good day, but I've still got a parcel that I bought in 2015, for the equivalent of 0.45, before the 25-to-1 consolidation that is still underwater.

I still think that company has got some legs. The next couple of years could be very interesting.

Schrodinger
02-04-2019, 10:49 AM
It has been a good day, but I've still got a parcel that I bought in 2015, for the equivalent of 0.45, before the 25-to-1 consolidation that is still underwater.

I still think that company has got some legs. The next couple of years could be very interesting.

Been following Maccas for more than 5 years and they are doing well. The exciting part is the loyalty mobile ordering programme which hasnt been rolled out yet (as I understand).

CROESUS U.T.
02-04-2019, 10:59 AM
Thank you soi6. Bought a few last week after seeing it in your picks.

Cobber
02-04-2019, 12:04 PM

Amazing how much the game can change in a 24hr period. With Macca's investment being capitalised, this should mean profitability will increase substantially for the current financial year.

Leftfield
02-04-2019, 12:26 PM
Amazing how much the game can change in a 24hr period. With Macca's investment being capitalised, this should mean profitability will increase substantially for the current financial year.

In the details of the announcement PLX say they expect an additional $1mill revenue per year from this agreement. The agreement does not exclude PLX working with IKEA, 7/11 stores etc, but does exclude them from working with other "quick service restaurants.'

Reminds me of the ATM/SML buy-in and look what has happened since in that case!!

Nigelk
02-04-2019, 03:06 PM
Bought some more at .305 yesterday thinking drop it was a knee-jerk drop due to convertible note loss.
Then got worried after reading more about what Dynamic Yield do.
Great news to get this. Would have been an been an interesting negotiation, but McDonalds and Plexure need each other.

whatsup
02-04-2019, 03:43 PM
Making big steps quietly , to me this is the dawning of a new age, well done chaps!

silverblizzard888
02-04-2019, 03:44 PM
Its a great day, great announcement, but my worry for this stock is that the convertible note will overhang here if they did their business with the wrong people. At 41.5 cents thats $5.2 million of shares they have with a initial cost of $1.6 million, so fingers cross they don't sell down. Thats why companies should never do convertible note deals, never a good sign for a share price. 12.5 million shares issued and even on a great day like this only 1.4 million shares turnover, so I think they will slowly be unloading at these levels given their 245% gain in profit.

However barring this issue, PLX is performing very well and hitting all the right notes, enormus future ahead of them. Going to be market darling one day!

whatsup
02-04-2019, 04:03 PM
Its a great day, great announcement, but my worry for this stock is that the convertible note will overhang here if they did their business with the wrong people. At 41.5 cents thats $5.2 million of shares they have with a initial cost of $1.6 million, so fingers cross they don't sell down. Thats why companies should never do convertible note deals, never a good sign for a share price. 12.5 million shares issued and even on a great day like this only 1.4 million shares turnover, so I think they will slowly be unloading at these levels given their 245% gain in profit.

However barring this issue, PLX is performing very well and hitting all the right notes, enormus future ahead of them. Going to be market darling one day!

Sb888, Could be a great opportunity for a insto to get a meaningful share holding into a turn around story imo.

Leftfield
02-04-2019, 06:52 PM
More details on today's news in this report. (https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12218458)

Lola
02-04-2019, 08:13 PM
its a great day, great announcement, but my worry for this stock is that the convertible note will overhang here if they did their business with the wrong people. At 41.5 cents thats $5.2 million of shares they have with a initial cost of $1.6 million, so fingers cross they don't sell down. Thats why companies should never do convertible note deals, never a good sign for a share price. 12.5 million shares issued and even on a great day like this only 1.4 million shares turnover, so i think they will slowly be unloading at these levels given their 245% gain in profit.

However barring this issue, plx is performing very well and hitting all the right notes, enormus future ahead of them. Going to be market darling one day!

with respect silver lizard....who ever took up the covertibles did so when the risks were still huge. Be grateful someone thought up an acceptable deal at the time and somebody was able to take the risk. Change your name to sliver hinsight.

silverblizzard888
02-04-2019, 10:53 PM
with respect silver lizard....who ever took up the covertibles did so when the risks were still huge. Be grateful someone thought up an acceptable deal at the time and somebody was able to take the risk. Change your name to sliver hinsight.

I not saying the people don't deserve the reward for the risk they took by offering the convertible bond. I'm talking about the present predicament that the share price faces if they sell down. I'm saying the future share price of PLX in the near term could drop significantly if these guys decide to sell down directly into the market, nothing to do with hindsight, this is a future event not something that has already happened. I've seen enough share prices get destroyed and just warning that even though todays rise was great, it might not last in the short term and that is a consequence of convertible bonds. If I said this after the share prices got destroyed then you can use my new nickname, but I simply don't warrant that, at least not yet.

Brain
03-04-2019, 07:57 AM
With Maccas involvement maybe the game has changed. This in my opinion has been a more important announcement than that which is going on on the bliss thread. This could be just a foot in the door for McDonalds. If NZ shareholders are silly enough not to support the share price
PLX will be goneburger.

Cobber
03-04-2019, 10:29 AM

Why not hold and see if you can get a 500% gain in profit? The reality is that this stock has a lot of upside now. More countries with Macca's will probably sign up, profitability should increase and your number 1 customer is guaranteed. The next 24 months for PLX are looking good.

Schrodinger
03-04-2019, 11:13 AM
why not hold and see if you can get a 500% gain in profit? The reality is that this stock has a lot of upside now. More countries with macca's will probably sign up, profitability should increase and your number 1 customer is guaranteed. The next 24 months for plx are looking good.

fomo.........

pg0220
04-04-2019, 11:53 AM
What are the differences between PLX and SKO?

After the recent soar in SP, I wasn't sure if they are now fairly or undervalued. I had a look at SKO, just to see what its financials look like.

SKO' last FY revenue $18m and $1m NPBT. Guaranteed for growth in future and market cap at $250m.

PLX's projected FY revenue at $16.8m and profit around $1m, and that was before the Macca's investment into the company announcement. PLX's market cap is only $68m but they are expecting the similar growth as the last few periods to continue.

I know that SKO has sexier technologies than PLX, but it looks to me that PLX is still much undervalued when PLX now has money to invest into their platform and technologies for potential customers out there.

Anyone other thoughts there? Just want to see what other views are.

madmat
04-04-2019, 12:01 PM

After the recent soar in SP, I wasn't sure if they are now fairly or undervalued. I had a look at SKO, just to see what its financials look like.

SKO' last FY revenue $18m and $1m NPBT. Guaranteed for growth in future and market cap at $250m.

PLX's projected FY revenue at $16.8m and profit around $1m, and that was before the Macca's investment into the company announcement. PLX's market cap is only $68m but they are expecting the similar growth as the last few periods to continue.

I know that SKO has sexier technologies than PLX, but it looks to me that PLX is still much undervalued when PLX now has money to invest into their platform and technologies for potential customers out there.

Anyone other thoughts there? Just want to see what other views are. My thoughts too, however I'm a noob and still learning from past and present :D

Leftfield
04-04-2019, 12:24 PM

Anyone other thoughts there? Just want to see what other views are.

I'm no expert, but IMO the difference comes down to the number of shares on issue (SKO - 80mill v PLX 139 mill) plus NTA per share (SKO at 25.4c v PLX at 1.75c) plus forward revenue projections which are higher for SKO than PLX.

Market SP valuations are often loosely based on EPS x P/E. The big question is what is a fair future P/E for each company?

That said, I hold both and have high hopes for both. GLH!!

pg0220
04-04-2019, 12:35 PM
I'm no expert, but IMO the difference comes down to the number of shares on issue (SKO - 80mill v PLX 139 mill) plus NTA per share (SKO at 25.4c v PLX at 1.75c) plus forward revenue projections which are higher for SKO than PLX.

Market SP valuations are often loosely based on EPS x P/E. The big question is what is a fair future P/E for each company?

Hey thanks for your thoughts. I am aware of a difference in the number of shares and that was why I was looking at a market cap instead. Yeap, I know that I was referring to the last FY's revenue for SKO and sure their revenue project is higher for this year - but I think it is at a growth rate of 20~30% per year? That was why I think PLX is still quite undervalued based on its financials and the recent announcement. I found that for those tech companies either trying or started making profits, EPS and PE don't quite apply.... I hope market gets woken up to PLX more!!

Leftfield
04-04-2019, 01:04 PM
Hey thanks for your thoughts. I am aware of a difference in the number of shares and that was why I was looking at a market cap instead. Yeap, I know that I was referring to the last FY's revenue for SKO and sure their revenue project is higher for this year - but I think it is at a growth rate of 20~30% per year? That was why I think PLX is still quite undervalued based on its financials and the recent announcement. I found that for those tech companies either trying or started making profits, EPS and PE don't quite apply.... I hope market gets woken up to PLX more!!

I share your hopes!

IMO the McD's buy-in is more than just a 'blocking' stake. McD's are in a unique position to know their future roll out plans for the PLX service enhancements which in turn means McD's can estimate PLX's future earnings better than you or I..... and as share holders/investors they stand to gain a lot of $$'s as the PLX SP rises. (Reminds me of the ATM/SML buy-in and what has happened to both since that time!)

Sssoo exciting times ahead with tab of short term risk until we start seeing genuine results coming through.

( Disc; My 'risky' holding in PLX is up over 30% today which is much better than my boring 'safe' div yield OCA stock with is the only red arrow in my portfolio!!)

Schrodinger
04-04-2019, 01:10 PM

Number of shares is irrelevant. What actually is important is the market cap v revenue and forward growth rates. The previous posters are correct that PLX is undervalued. I also think SKO is overvalued

minimoke
04-04-2019, 01:12 PM

Schrodinger
04-04-2019, 01:14 PM
I'm in two minds. Getting macdonalds buy in is certainly a big vote in favor of the potential technology. The tech gong into QSR is amazing and quite worrying.

The thing I dont like about the buy in is the restraint to only apply it to MD's. There are loads and loads and loads of QSR's out there. Seems to me PLX are limiting their market to a known revenue stream.

I agree with this. The other side to this is that they become essential to Maccas and then get bought. There is still a long way to go for their Mobile platform. Also if Maccas does kick em what is the restraint on IP for hooking up with Burger King and Wendy's? I think this risk alone will secure a long term agreement between the two.

Most likely is a full takeover however they need to add revenue quickly so there is a 20x multiple.

minimoke
04-04-2019, 01:20 PM

Schrodinger
04-04-2019, 02:05 PM
On that I am quite confident. There will be no full takeover. It is not Maccas core business. As things in the QSR world evolve they will simply move to the next supplier that can provide what they want.
And yet they bought a nearly identicial company. I dont agree.

Have a look at the CEO comments. Digital is core and therefore they will bring in house.

minimoke
04-04-2019, 02:22 PM

Timesurfer
04-04-2019, 02:28 PM
And yet they bought a nearly identicial company. I dont agree.

Have a look at the CEO comments. Digital is core and therefore they will bring in house.

I agree, if you are talking about Macca’s core business you are talking about realestate.

The close relationship does tend to suggest a limiting factor to me. Different if they had similar relationships with other large companies. The comparison was made between PLX and SKO. Where I like SKO or IKE is that they are situating themselves as the industry standard - something that McDonalds also did. I am not sure I see PLX stepping up to that level?

minimoke
04-04-2019, 02:37 PM

mikeybycrikey
04-04-2019, 02:42 PM

I don't know much about SKO so can't compare but in my opinion PLX is lowly valued because of their lack of a track record of success. They basically had no money about 3 years ago and were raising new capital every 3 months, including writing the convertible note that they just converted to shares last week. The SP dropped to 11c only about 18 months ago because of worries about their future.

After a change in CEO they have been continuing to grow revenue, but also cutting expenses and moving towards profit. I'd say that until recently their business future was still tenuous and with the loss of a big customer like McDonalds they could easily have disappeared. That risk has significantly diminished because of this cash injection but I'd still say that they've still got to build a longer track record of ongoing success, including continuing sales growth and profit, before their value is fully recognised by the market.

For me, it's still pretty hard to see what size their business could even grow to, making an estimate of future value rather difficult. I'm not even convinced about the value of their technology but I guess time will tell on that front too.

Also, it's weird to see you say the market cap is $68m. Less than 2 weeks about it was only $35m. Crazy!

pg0220
04-04-2019, 02:47 PM
Where I like SKO or IKE is that they are situating themselves as the industry standard - something that McDonalds also did. I am not sure I see PLX stepping up to that level?
Just out of curiosity, do you have a reference that says SKO is an industry standard software? I know that they have secured a several large organisations, but I just googled the reviews of best expense management software and wasn't able to find any footprint of Zeno.

pg0220
04-04-2019, 02:55 PM
Also, it's weird to see you say the market cap is $68m. Less than 2 weeks about it was only $35m. Crazy!
Yeah crazy! I stayed underwater for more than 1 year and it was around $35m at that time and thought it was surely undervalued. With over 100% gain so far, I am just trying to see whether this is now fairly or still undervalued. Imagine that PLX is valued at half of SKO, you would see the SP to almost double again!

Don't get me wrong, to me SKO is a great NZ company with a bright future ahead, just I missed the boat when it used to be a treasure (still treasure tho) and my money is in PLX now.

Timesurfer
04-04-2019, 03:49 PM
Don't get me wrong, to me SKO is a great NZ company with a bright future ahead, just I missed the boat when it used to be a treasure (still treasure tho) and my money is in PLX now.

SKO allows other companies to relable their product, so they have a greater reach than just their own branded service. Perhaps not as obvious as the work IKE is doing in North America with creating an “industry standard.”

I also hope PLX becomes a star performer (I did have some shares, although sold them before the recent interest). We certainly need more companies performing on the international stage rather just being a country that sells all its raw materials offshore unprocessed.

Leftfield
05-04-2019, 12:29 PM
Good discussion on PLX (and SKO) on this thread, thanks all for the various points of view. (Much nicer than the ramping and subsequent woe on SUM other threads!)

Holders should be well pleased with this weeks PLX action. Seems we are well positioned.

Timesurfer
05-04-2019, 01:17 PM
Close to double since the announcement - got to be happy with that.

sb9
05-04-2019, 01:31 PM
Close to double since the announcement - got to be happy with that.

Gotta be, nice to be on board on this train on day when maccas got on board, not at same price level but paid couple of cents more than them.

silverblizzard888
05-04-2019, 02:02 PM
CNBC reporting about the deal https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/03/mcdonalds-announced-2-deals-in-a-week-heres-why-investors-should-care.html?__source=sharebar|twitter&par=sharebar&fbclid=IwAR04UEmzWAd0S3IgtDM_1m6DggdyRqSBpZ5Hpklp_ JF0GUquPHtIiuncL-Y

sb9
05-04-2019, 02:09 PM
CNBC reporting about the deal https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/03/mcdonalds-announced-2-deals-in-a-week-heres-why-investors-should-care.html?__source=sharebar|twitter&par=sharebar&fbclid=IwAR04UEmzWAd0S3IgtDM_1m6DggdyRqSBpZ5Hpklp_ JF0GUquPHtIiuncL-Y

Nice spotting that article.

Lola
06-04-2019, 03:20 PM
SKO allows other companies to relable their product, so they have a greater reach than just their own branded service. Perhaps not as obvious as the work IKE is doing in North America with creating an “industry standard.”

I also hope PLX becomes a star performer (I did have some shares, although sold them before the recent interest). We certainly need more companies performing on the international stage rather just being a country that sells all its raw materials offshore unprocessed.

In that connection (NZ companies selling their added value globally), I rather like the progress FMS has been achieving selling their technology to boat manufacturers internationally. OK everyone go ahead and bag them, just like many have bagged PLX time and time again.

Cobber
07-04-2019, 07:04 PM
In that connection (NZ companies selling their added value globally), I rather like the progress FMS has been achieving selling their technology to boat manufacturers internationally. OK everyone go ahead and bag them, just like many have bagged PLX time and time again.

I haven't followed Sealegs in years. But there is a sh!tload of complexity to their business now. Still no profit.... and lots of debt. Some things never change.

Lola
07-04-2019, 08:13 PM
I haven't followed Sealegs in years. But there is a sh!tload of complexity to their business now. Still no profit.... and lots of debt. Some things never change.

There we go. Bag number 1. Next please.

Leftfield
08-04-2019, 07:44 AM
I suggest posts for/against Sealegs or FMS take place elsewhere. They have no relevance on the PLX thread.

Leftfield
08-04-2019, 02:06 PM
More PLX progress via this announcement..... looks good (https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/dynamic/announcement.aspx?id=5003808)

Cobber
08-04-2019, 03:26 PM
More PLX progress via this announcement..... looks good (https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/dynamic/announcement.aspx?id=5003808)

I like this bit from the release : (hint: accelerating growth)

"...Robert will be a welcome addition to our Board at a time when the Company's international

growth is accelerating".

whatsup
09-04-2019, 08:18 PM
Still edging up , now @ .55 and still in demand.

09-04-2019, 08:49 PM
Just for the record

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/111900396/former-partner-at-top-accounting-firm-admits-insider-trading

silverblizzard888
09-04-2019, 09:43 PM
Just to add to the record too
http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/6663583c/talbot-family-keeps-much-of-hefty-plexure-gain-after-fma-deal.html

Made a nice gain on those shares.

"bought 1 million shares at 10 cents apiece........ knowing that the firm was at the front of the queue for a large contract with McDonald's in Japan"

*though article seems to have messed up its facts about the gain

Cobber
09-04-2019, 09:57 PM
Just to add to the record too
http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/6663583c/talbot-family-keeps-much-of-hefty-plexure-gain-after-fma-deal.html

Made a nice gain on those shares.

"bought 1 million shares at 10 cents apiece........ knowing that the firm was at the front of the queue for a large contract with McDonald's in Japan"

*though article seems to have messed up its facts about the gain

They can’t count. The cost was $100k not $10k.

Banksie
10-04-2019, 08:50 AM
They can’t count. The cost was $100k not $10k.

The closing price on 8 August was 1.2c, (https://www.fma.govt.nz/news-and-resources/enforcement-and-court-decisions/undertakings/mr-talbot/) so $10,000 is correct the share price they quoted was wrong. Also, I believe the story has got the current value wrong. There was a 25 to 1 share consolidation in 2015 (https://www.plexure.com/investor-news/2016/7/31/media-release-vmob-undertakes-share-consolidation) so he now has 40,000 shares. At 53c this has a current value of $21,200.

Banksie
10-04-2019, 09:06 AM
A better written story http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU1904/S00272/talbot-family-in-the-red-on-plexure-shares-after-fma-deal.htm but they still got the "... he bought 1 million shares at 10 cents apiece, or $10,000,..." bit wrong.

Cobber
10-04-2019, 09:49 AM
The closing price on 8 August was 1.2c, (https://www.fma.govt.nz/news-and-resources/enforcement-and-court-decisions/undertakings/mr-talbot/) so $10,000 is correct the share price they quoted was wrong. Also, I believe the story has got the current value wrong. There was a 25 to 1 share consolidation in 2015 (https://www.plexure.com/investor-news/2016/7/31/media-release-vmob-undertakes-share-consolidation) so he now has 40,000 shares. At 53c this has a current value of $21,200.

Thanks for the clarification. Maybe journalists should run their stories via you guys first.... otherwise its all fake news.

minimoke
16-04-2019, 02:27 PM

whatsup
16-04-2019, 02:49 PM
Today I've taken some of my ATM paper profits off the table and put them into PLX. Took a while during the day but got them at $0.52. Probably still paying over the odds, but I quite like their cash flow, profitability and secure major customer story. Also needing a tech related stock since quitting PPH last year. This should fit the bill nicely. I see it as higher risk - but given its paid from "profits" I'm comfortable with holding for a while.

mm, Have a look at PAZ on the unlisted they are out of the valley of death now and imo looking like they have a future.

minimoke
16-04-2019, 02:59 PM

percy
16-04-2019, 03:04 PM
I have them on a watch list as well. Wish I could buy on main exchange. I was going to put a bid in at $1.20 to see if we could shake out the $1.30 seller but got distracted by ATM and PLX

PAZ buyer 12 cents,seller 13 cents.Last sale 13 cents.

minimoke
16-04-2019, 03:19 PM

percy
16-04-2019, 03:20 PM
Thats me and my decimal places

Was tempted to sell you a few off market..!!..lol.

minimoke
16-04-2019, 03:24 PM

Drew95
29-04-2019, 06:02 PM
This is an interesting read... https://kodakmoats.wordpress.com/2019/04/16/plexure-group-plx-nz-equity/

whatsup
29-04-2019, 06:21 PM
This is an interesting read... https://kodakmoats.wordpress.com/2019/04/16/plexure-group-plx-nz-equity/

Very, it will be very interesting how the market and recommending/interpreting brokers view it, could be a interesting digestion.

Leftfield
29-04-2019, 06:41 PM

Thanks for posting Drew95. Useful analysis.

I particularly liked this bit...."I believe PLX is reasonably worth $NZ 0.90 per share today (approximately 73% upside), with an upper bound valuation of roughly $NZ 2.00 per share."

Only time (and further updates from PLX) will tell if this analysis is accurate. DYOR. Take care.

mikeybycrikey
29-04-2019, 10:30 PM

Thanks for posting that. Will be interesting to see how this story develops over the next few years. I think there is a lot of potential here but only time will tell if they can actually succeed.

Balance
30-04-2019, 08:37 AM

Good ramping effort.

whatsup
30-04-2019, 08:45 AM
Good ramping effort.

Bal, Shame on you even at todays prices you can still jump on board .

Balance
30-04-2019, 08:49 AM
Bal, Shame on you even at todays prices you can still jump on board .

Yup - and I can put $$$ into SEA :t_up:

Or PLX's stable mate, Snakk?

Oops - Snakk's no more? :eek2:

whatsup
30-04-2019, 08:58 AM
Yup - and I can put $$$ into SEA :t_up:

Yeh and you could have done the same with ATM at $1.48 like I did and still hold < sometimes you have to chance your arm, my PLX holding owes me .24 so will hold now as I didn't believe the Diligent story and look what happened there!

Balance
30-04-2019, 08:59 AM
Yeh and you could have done the same with ATM at $1.48 like I did and still hold < sometimes you have to chance your arm, my PLX holding owes me .24 so will hold now as I didn't believe the Diligent story and look what happened there!

Good on you. Try 60c for ATM and 29c for Diligent.

Whats the difference with PLX? Backdoor.

And a ramping effort is exactly that.

whatsup
30-04-2019, 09:02 AM
Good on you.

But a ramping effort is exactly that.

No nor so when tis backed by research, did you read the article, my only comment is the I wouldn't have put those numbers in , $2.00 seems pretty heady but then so did $10 for ATM a year or so back!

Balance
30-04-2019, 09:08 AM
No nor so when tis backed by research, did you read the article, my only comment is the I wouldn't have put those numbers in , $2.00 seems pretty heady but then so did $10 for ATM a year or so back!

Yup - and Snakk was worth at least $1.00, remember?

whatsup
30-04-2019, 09:12 AM
Yup - and Snakk was worth at least $1.00, remember?

Bal, Please book mark this date, nough said.

sb9
30-04-2019, 09:45 AM
Whats the difference with PLX? Backdoor.

Yes, was of that opinion until Maccas bought into this company. Think they may have turned a corner with that backing from such a big corporate. Anyway, time will tell.

PS - Unless they dramatically change fortunes, its never going to be $2, however in saying that it might reach $0.90 target within a year or two if all goes as per plan.

Balance
30-04-2019, 09:54 AM
Yes, was of that opinion until Maccas bought into this company. Think they may have turned a corner with that backing from such a big corporate. Anyway, time will tell.

PS - Unless they dramatically change fortunes, its never going to be $2, however in saying that it might reach $0.90 target within a year or two if all goes as per plan.

I have seen big companies like IBM put money (yes, that's the correct term - rather than investing) into small companies so that these companies continue to develop the software & service for them - until the inevitable happens.

Suggest some of you do a bit more research into why a multi-billion corporation like Maccas put a piddly $5m (rounding difference) into a company.

minimoke
30-04-2019, 10:03 AM

Balance
30-04-2019, 10:05 AM
MacD's bought 13.8m shares (so it is in essence an "investment") in exchange for trade restraints against certain named MacD competitors.

The other option could have been to provide $5m worth of contracting work to PLX - but obviously that wasnt there preferred strategy.

Why pay full price when you have got the software development & servicing contract at 'bargain' price?

Seen it all before.

pg0220
30-04-2019, 10:07 AM
Whatever Macca's intention of investment in PLX was, its importance is that it has removed PLX's biggest risk which was to lose their biggest customer. Now with their biggest source of income hanging there stable and for longer, future is up to their development of technology and new customers to be signed up. In my opinion, they should be good enough to be valued at 90c at this moment. It is just a matter of favoured by the market or not....

Balance
30-04-2019, 10:09 AM
Whatever Macca's intention of investment in PLX was, its importance is that it has removed PLX's biggest risk which was to lose their biggest customer. Now with their biggest source of income hanging there stable and for longer, future is up to their development of technology and new customers to be signed up. In my opinion, they should be good enough to be valued at 90c at this moment. It is just a matter of favoured by the market or not....

Therein lies your answer - Macca has got the upper hand and what did Maccas do?

pg0220
30-04-2019, 10:12 AM
Yup, they lost new potential customers in the fast-food restaurant industry but their customers have not been in this industry only such as Ikea and 7 Elevens. That's why I put the technology development before the new customers. Macca's investment could be beneficial to PLX's reputation as well.

minimoke
30-04-2019, 10:17 AM

whatsup
30-04-2019, 10:18 AM

So Bal your recommendation is "sell ! " ?

Schrodinger
30-04-2019, 10:36 AM
PLX remains free to continue is service offering to QSR globally.

This needs to be explored. Have they released any fine print on the contract regarding restraint of trade to QSR? I assume this would include Shake Shack, Chipotle, Tac Bell etc. What about sub chains between 100-500 stores. The logo definitely helps. Look at the Maccs SP performance. Maccas leads in size, macro growth and increasingly innovation.

Preference is to sell the system to other QSR as that is a specialty however security of its largest customer and a full loyalty programme to be implemented means this could be a very large contract for PLX.

minimoke
30-04-2019, 10:49 AM

Schrodinger
30-04-2019, 10:52 AM
The fine print will be commercially sensitive. But what they said was:
“PLX has agreed not to provide similar services to a defined list of competitors in the "quick service restaurant" industry for so long as the aggregate net revenue received by PLX meets a minimum threshold in any trailing 12-month period. PLX is not otherwise restricted from providing its services globally”

“PLX has agreed not to provide similar services to a defined list of competitors in the "quick service restaurant" industry for so long as the aggregate net revenue received by PLX meets a minimum threshold in any trailing 12-month period. PLX is not otherwise restricted from providing its services globally”

Thanks. Would love to get a hold of that defined list.

Balance
30-04-2019, 11:04 AM
So Bal your recommendation is "sell ! " ?

I have always made my view very clear - PLX is a Backdoor job and I do not invest in backdoors.

Up to you and all the shareholders what you want to do! DYOR and I do wish you good luck - sincerely.

Last time sp hit 55c (Dec 2015/Jan 2016) :

• ACMR forecast to exceed $10m in next six to nine months.
• US presence expanded and relationship with Microsoft deepened.

What happened?

whatsup
30-04-2019, 11:11 AM
I have always made my view very clear - PLX is a Backdoor job and I do not invest in backdoors.

Up to you and all the shareholders what you want to do! DYOR and I do wish you good luck - sincerely.

What happened?

So if you owned PLX would you be selling ?

Balance
30-04-2019, 11:14 AM
So if you owned PLX would you be selling ?

Irrelevant question.

It is not a stock I would ever own.

pg0220
30-04-2019, 11:23 AM

What happened?
That was back in the day under dodgy Scott's management.... Nothing really happened within a year or so and market reacted to it by putting SP down to as low as 13c. The recent high was because of the different reason wasn't it?

sb9
30-04-2019, 11:36 AM
That was back in the day under dodgy Scott's management.... Nothing really happened within a year or so and market reacted to it by putting SP down to as low as 13c. The recent high was because of the different reason wasn't it?

True that, Herbison and team seem to be doing much better job.

whatsup
06-05-2019, 10:39 AM
PLX up 23% in a week and still rising, the last weeks report must be taken seriously by investors, IMO this ins not a back door ramp now.

minimoke
06-05-2019, 10:41 AM

sb9
06-05-2019, 10:42 AM
PLX up 23% in a week and still rising, the last weeks report must be taken seriously by investors, IMO this ins not a back door ramp now.

I concur 100%.

Cobber
06-05-2019, 10:53 AM

Or more a case of people positioning themselves for the full year financials. If they come in better than expected then the stock could easily go through another ramp.

mikeybycrikey
06-05-2019, 11:32 AM

I think a lot of the movement (down 20% then back up the same 20%), is just movement on low volume. Not many buyers and not many sellers so it's easy to push the price around.

Also, that "back door ramp" that Drew95 posted was actually a couple of weeks old (dated 16/4) by the time it showed up here (on 29/4). I don't think it contained any new information, just gathered it all together. Roughly agrees with how I see the company: risky but good potential.

Does anyone know when FY results are announced? I guess it's May sometime but can't find a date.

Could be a few disappointed punters who missed the memo that PLX was starting to spend again and there is probably going to be no profit, especially after factoring in the convertible note.

minimoke
06-05-2019, 11:36 AM

Cobber
06-05-2019, 11:52 AM
I think a lot of the movement (down 20% then back up the same 20%), is just movement on low volume. Not many buyers and not many sellers so it's easy to push the price around.

Also, that "back door ramp" that Drew95 posted was actually a couple of weeks old (dated 16/4) by the time it showed up here (on 29/4). I don't think it contained any new information, just gathered it all together. Roughly agrees with how I see the company: risky but good potential.

Does anyone know when FY results are announced? I guess it's May sometime but can't find a date.

Could be a few disappointed punters who missed the memo that PLX was starting to spend again and there is probably going to be no profit, especially after factoring in the convertible note.

They made roughly a million in the first 6 months but advised the 2nd 6 months was when they started to spend again, hence eat into those profits. So I'm expecting some kind of profit for the year.

Leftfield
06-05-2019, 01:58 PM
I think we all acknowledge that PLX is a risky share (what share isn't to some degree?) PLX still has a lot to prove to the market.

PLX got a great boost with the McD buy-in at around 39c and this SP represents a 'base' which the SP has now moved ahead of. IMHO the risk remains until we get a firm update which gives us a firm indication of just what the McD investment means in terms of revenue and profitability for PLX.

With any 'risky' share my recommendations are;
- Place it on yr watch-list and receive emailed updates from the company directly into your in box
- Then buy in only on good news from the company (conversely if you already own some, be prepared to sell-down in the case of bad news)
- Be prepared average up or average down as the SP fluctuates and depending on your confidence on the company's longer term performance
- Try and keep your average holding SP at (say) a 30 to 40% discount below the current SP to give you some risk protection.

Disc. My PLX parcel buy-in prices have been; .21 (v risky based solely on improving profitability, new management and favourable TA) ; then 36.5 and 41.5c (on the day the McD deal was announced) and more recently at .52c. My current average holding SP is 39c which is approx 35% below today's SP.

So like many, I'm awaiting the next PLX market update with interest!

As always DYOR and always take sole responsibility for your own decisions.

minimoke
15-05-2019, 09:26 AM

MauroNZ
15-05-2019, 10:21 AM
I think we all acknowledge that PLX is a risky share (what share isn't to some degree?) PLX still has a lot to prove to the market.

PLX got a great boost with the McD buy-in at around 39c and this SP represents a 'base' which the SP has now moved ahead of. IMHO the risk remains until we get a firm update which gives us a firm indication of just what the McD investment means in terms of revenue and profitability for PLX.

With any 'risky' share my recommendations are;
- Place it on yr watch-list and receive emailed updates from the company directly into your in box
- Then buy in only on good news from the company (conversely if you already own some, be prepared to sell-down in the case of bad news)
- Be prepared average up or average down as the SP fluctuates and depending on your confidence on the company's longer term performance
- Try and keep your average holding SP at (say) a 30 to 40% discount below the current SP to give you some risk protection.

Disc. My PLX parcel buy-in prices have been; .21 (v risky based solely on improving profitability, new management and favourable TA) ; then 36.5 and 41.5c (on the day the McD deal was announced) and more recently at .52c. My current average holding SP is 39c which is approx 35% below today's SP.

So like many, I'm awaiting the next PLX market update with interest!

As always DYOR and always take sole responsibility for your own decisions.

What would be then your target price? I'm new with this share, I read all this thread and soon going to read the latest report.

Leftfield
15-05-2019, 12:45 PM
What would be then your target price? I'm new with this share, I read all this thread and soon going to read the latest report.

I'm happy with the current SP at around .50c pending an update by the company.

This report (https://kodakmoats.wordpress.com/2019/04/16/plexure-group-plx-nz-equity/) puts a target SP at .90c. So you could argue there is upside potential from the current SP, with downside risk at the MacD's buy in level of 40c.

Only when I see the next company market update (now due 21 May) will I be able to estimate a future target SP.