PDA

View Full Version : An alternative investment class ... with good returns

winner69
31-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Everybody should have this if they say they are truly diversified

http://www.priomha.com/pdf/Priomha%20Capital%20Information_November%202011.pd f

Well well .... an investment strategy which is a (quote) ‘fundamental and technical approach that is grounded in historical statistical data and includes long and short sports and event strategies that will have a directional component and relative value strategy’.

Didn't know give me heaps of cash so I can have a flutter down the TAB could be put so beautifully

However makes plenty of money ..... one for shasta, ratkin et al

Maybe they looking for an 'analyst' shasta .... but then with your recent 'analysis' maybe not eh mate

winner69
31-01-2012, 08:44 PM
For the doubters who thinks punting is a mugs game here's how you are sure to win .... just follow Buffetts advice

http://www.priomha.com/pdf/Benzinga1_Trading%20on%20the%20AFL.pdf

Lizard
31-01-2012, 09:27 PM
You know that someone here is going to get mad about them calling the Collingwood fans "cross-eyed"....

Anyway.... Sport.... buy BGR? Rebel Sport? Oops, just sold mine in a fit of retail-despair. Maybe need to resort to the TAB as one last step... before the 12 other steps.

shasta
01-02-2012, 12:42 AM
Everybody should have this if they say they are truly diversified

http://www.priomha.com/pdf/Priomha%20Capital%20Information_November%202011.pd f

Well well .... an investment strategy which is a (quote) ‘fundamental and technical approach that is grounded in historical statistical data and includes long and short sports and event strategies that will have a directional component and relative value strategy’.

Didn't know give me heaps of cash so I can have a flutter down the TAB could be put so beautifully

However makes plenty of money ..... one for shasta, ratkin et al

Maybe they looking for an 'analyst' shasta .... but then with your recent 'analysis' maybe not eh mate

Getting all serious like that removes all the fun out of sports betting, i do it as it keeps my interest on the EPL games i wouldnt usually follow, & its an addition to the Fantasy Football Manager game that i also am involved in.

Parting with a lazy $5 to win around $200 is what i look for, i hardly move the odds/market :D

This season has been harder to pick than a broken nose to be fair W69

Snoopy
01-02-2012, 10:12 AM
For the doubters who thinks punting is a mugs game here's how you are sure to win .... just follow Buffetts advice

Do I detect your tongue slightly sticking in your cheek Winner?

Buffett's advice of investing in what you know is sound of course. But that is not his only criterion for investment. There is no doubt that 'investing in sport', via the TAB, would fail his other investment criteria.

The problem with TAB investment (sic) is that the amount of money put into the prize pool is less than that paid out, as both the TAB and government take their cut. So play the TAB game long enough and a loss of money is absolutely guaranteed. There is no chance at all of making money long term this way. Of course none of this precludes punters having a good day, or a good month, or a good year. If there wasn't some incremental winning on the way to your overall loss then no-one would punt at all.

I am not saying that anyone who bets on sports is an idiot. If you have a few spare dollars then putting some of that on a sports result bet can heighten your involvement in that event and increase your enjoyment watching it. I've even done that myself! But to try and claim this is a serious strategy for making money long term is where I draw the line.

I was always suspicious of Gareth Morgan in his house bus days, betting his future on devising a strategy to outwit the TAB. The fact that he couldn't see the big picture of such a strategy made me extremely dubious of his investment credentials. However it was interesting to see the 21st century Gareth on TV this week, ripping his shirt off to cheer on the Pheonix last Saturday at the cake tin. In a concomitant interview he admitted that making money from the Pheonix was a long term proposition and that it was unusual for him to be involved in an investment where the long term goal was simply to break even. He further admitted that should he make any money from the Pheonix, then all of that would be poured back into lower level soccer and there would be none left over for himself.

I think the 21st century Gareth may have finally grasped what 'investing in sport' is all about.

SNOOPY