PDA

View Full Version : SER (Strategic Energy)

COLIN
11-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Can't find a thread for this one, which is experiencing an upsurge of interest, mainly it would seem because of their plans to develop a previously abandoned graphite mine - which is described as "world class". China currently accounts for some 80% of the world's total graphite output and in July last it placed restrictions on their export, leading to inevitable increases in world prices. Graphite is in increasing demand in relation to new technologies, including in lithium ion batteries for hybrid vehicles. SER are currently seeking a major partner to help re-develop the mine, and they say that they have had expressions of interest from prospective Japanese partners and other international parties. I would say that there is a long way to go yet, but there is heightened buying interest in the shares and I have managed to secure some at 5.2c, which are already showing a bit of a gain.

SER also have other mining interests - check out their website.

the machine
11-10-2010, 11:53 PM
Hi Colin, Yogi used to run the EBR thread, and company name changed to ser a while back.
I for one would like to see yogi update for SER.

There is plenty of upside in SER and they are also one of my stockpick tips - up 250%+ so far

M

COLIN
16-10-2010, 12:05 AM
Still coming along nicely. Up 26% today.

the machine
16-10-2010, 01:10 AM
Colin, to get a new thread up with a lot of interest takes a long time and by the time people wake up to SER they will have missed out on a huge gain.

hotcopper has some extensive coverage for SER, with talk of 2 pending JV within a month.

SER have enough graphite to last over 100 years, thats why its a world class resource.

M

the machine
16-10-2010, 11:22 PM
ASX Guru - ASX stock market tips

Oct 16, 2010 0
Strategic Energy Resources (SER) – New Highs Continue!Categories: ASX Speculative Stocks, ASX Trading Opportunities

Since my very first post about Strategic Energy Resources (SER) at the beginning of this month the stock price has almost doubled after Friday’s 26% gain to a close at 6.7c. My initial post referred to a company announcement that provided an update on their Uley Graphite Project. That update mentioned that discussions with potential Japanese partners/customers were ongoing so it is possible that a deal may be imminent.

Either that or the stock is simply being re-rated as risk appetite returns to the market and the strong fundamentals behind their project once again get recognised by the market.

In my second post about this company I referred to a bullish continuation pattern that consisted of three days of selling. The selling period is often referred to as a ‘rest’ period and this week we saw a second bullish three day selling pattern form up. This was confirmed by Friday’s break higher to new 52 week highs.

During the week the company announced that a small placement at 5.1c to raise $479,400 was made to sophisticated investors. The newly raised funds would be used to further develop the Uley Graphite Project and it was well received by the market.

the machine
08-12-2010, 12:14 PM
SER are getting interest on the frankfurt stock exchange following an article about looming graphite shortages.

Last traded at Euro 0.053 which equates to about a 10% premium on the asx.

M

Jess9
08-12-2010, 12:30 PM
will try and get a few at 5.3c...

Jess9
08-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Thanks M. Added to watch list.

COLIN
08-12-2010, 10:28 PM
will try and get a few at 5.3c...

Might be a bit late, Jess.

I must say, though, that I would like to see a bit more progress with gaining a JV partner.

Jess9
09-12-2010, 06:33 AM
yes, quite likely...however TA looks over bought and can see some s/t sell signals, taking a punt on a retrace...mind you, they didn't quite work on KAS...my buy missed by 2c before its big lift off ! : )

Jess9
09-12-2010, 06:34 AM
....OK 5.4 then : )

the machine
09-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Jess9 - fyg I cancelled a buy order the other day for 300,000 @ 5.3 - I gave up on it as market moved way above that level.

Presently hold just over 1m SER at below 5c average.

graphite is main driver for the SP but SER have other projects including very good base metals like copper and nickel - if they get the approval to drill cultana [army training land] then will be the first hole to go down to deeper level and likelyhood of finding copper is "very high" - should this happen then the sp will take off like a rocket - even getting the approval will have a huge impact on the sp - said approval expected this month

M

the machine
09-12-2010, 01:09 PM
this should help the sp along

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01130798

M

drillfix
09-12-2010, 01:45 PM
TM, why the drop in price after what is supposed to be good news?

lewinsky
09-12-2010, 02:33 PM
I am as confused as you DF. When I read the news release again, it all looks pretty positive.

SP has picked up to 5.8 so not sure what is going on, I hope it is not a case of pump and dump.

Cheers

LEW

drillfix
09-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Hi Lew,

Yeah, its an odd one. Usually when I see stuff like that, to me it indicates games. Games which I am not inclined to want to play.

Maybe its just a sign of the way the markets work today, as in there may be more money in Anticipation of news, whereby, nobody cares about "actual news". If such a thing makes sense...lol

the machine
09-12-2010, 06:21 PM
TM, why the drop in price after what is supposed to be good news?

maybe punters expecting a JV for the graphite and their patience ran out.

but now sp is up at 6.4c so all good

M

COLIN
09-12-2010, 09:49 PM
maybe punters expecting a JV for the graphite and their patience ran out.

but now sp is up at 6.4c so all good

M

Machine, I agree with your theory as to the possible reason for today's temporary dip. I have often noticed that when a company makes an announcement that is not quite what some were expecting - however good it might otherwise be - a few impatient holders tend to drop out.

Successful investing is often a matter of wealth transferance from the impatient to the patient.

COLIN
17-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Well, they've managed to sign up a 51% partner for development of the graphite - on an indicative non-binding basis at this stage, but should give a fillip to the sp nevertheless. A North American group will commit to over US$30mill funding, subject to due diligence, engineering studies, etc.

Encouraging.

lewinsky
17-12-2010, 01:09 PM
The announcement looks positive and has seen the usual pattern of a big lift in sp, followed by a sell down as day traders take profits.

It would be interesting to know who the US party is. The upfront payment isn't a large amount and hope they have the clout to make future payments.

the machine
17-12-2010, 11:21 PM
The announcement looks positive and has seen the usual pattern of a big lift in sp, followed by a sell down as day traders take profits.

It would be interesting to know who the US party is. The upfront payment isn't a large amount and hope they have the clout to make future payments.

would have been nice to sell some at 8.5 and then come close buy back at 7.2.

graphite will have its day in the sun, but me thinks 2012 rather than 2011.

m

the machine
04-01-2011, 01:49 AM
IMO SER will have a big year in 2011 and provide both a great trading stock and long term investment

about 2 months ago one could have bought 1% of company for $150k, but that would now cost about $250k.
I gave up trying to do this when sp went over 6c and presently only have a $20k investment - which should be worth $50k by end 2011 if I keep them that long.

if sell price is good then I might trade them some more [several times] over duration

M

Jess9
04-01-2011, 08:27 AM
nice M. Missed this one twice now. Still watching for another entry point...3rd times the charm ; )

the machine
04-01-2011, 09:48 PM
nice M. Missed this one twice now. Still watching for another entry point...3rd times the charm ; )

Jess9, its not to late.

If one believes whats being said on hotcopper then 20c is just around the corner.

Finished at 9.9c today after hitting a high of 10.5.

IMO there are 3 projects that could easily drive sp to 20c in next few months, thus a conservative estimate on sp by march 31 is 20c - somewhat longer than pundits on HC are saying.

M

Jess9
05-01-2011, 09:02 AM
Thanks M. Will factor that in. Will keep an eye on s/term signals for another entry point...6.9-7c maybe one, on an intraday pullback.

Jess9
12-01-2011, 08:39 AM
SER becomes a teenager! (12-13c) Well done M if still holding. Missed entry again for only a point back at 5.4 : ( ...however getting closer each time now, third's the charm, fingers x'd this will be from an AUS magnesium / emerging coy play soon ; )

the machine
12-01-2011, 11:43 AM
Jess9, I sold out yesterday for $17k profit and invested in PPP

M

lewinsky
15-01-2011, 05:57 PM
There should be some happy SER holders out there. New high reached on fridays close of 14.5.

Should be an interesting year for SER holders.

the machine
17-01-2011, 11:26 PM
hit 18c today - 3 weeks to late for my 2010 share tipping entry

M

COLIN
17-01-2011, 11:53 PM
Well, I definitely misjudged this one - sold out after the JV partner was announced, as the market seemed to have anticipated that news and the price had subsequently weakened. Congratulations to those who hung about. Looks like 2011 is the year for graphite after all, McHinery!

the machine
18-01-2011, 02:21 AM
Well, I definitely misjudged this one - sold out after the JV partner was announced, as the market seemed to have anticipated that news and the price had subsequently weakened. Congratulations to those who hung about. Looks like 2011 is the year for graphite after all, McHinery!

colin, there is still good money to be made in this stock - just have to pick the right entry time.
as I posted on HC, todays announcement is nothing new, the infill drilling into what is already known to be a huge graphite resource - its a feelgood exercise and those who sold out at 18c will know doubt be feeling very good.

M

the machine
25-01-2011, 10:55 PM
I bought back in today at 15.5 - expect will hit 20c next week.

M

shasta
25-01-2011, 11:56 PM
I bought back in today at 15.5 - expect will hit 20c next week.

M

Well it closed at 16.5c, are you expecting drilling results next week, or do you mean the dec quarterly?

the machine
26-01-2011, 12:48 AM
Well it closed at 16.5c, are you expecting drilling results next week, or do you mean the dec quarterly?

Shasta, the quarterly should have details about airdrill results in WA - nickel play - theseare taking a long time.
But main interest right now is the graphite where a 6+ shallow hole infill program is under way - these results may take a few weeks yet - said program is to firm up more jorc resource - there is supposed to be over 100 million tonnes of graphite in the permit - most to be confirmed.

December quartely will be the trigger to push sp higher - already trading at 18C+ equivilent in germany.

I did sell 100,000 KAS to buy back into SER

M

the machine
22-07-2011, 09:53 PM
the mega deal now signed - now we have to vote on it and mega have to be listed - exciting times ahead.

indicative value 20c per share just for uley

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01199586

M

the machine
16-02-2012, 01:07 AM
taken a long time but now sp back up to 14.5c.
court directions hearing on friday should clear the way for the demerger vote and then sp is off like a rocket.
[will do wonders for my share tipping entry]

stock followed very closely on HC with lots of postings about how the canadian graphite companies sp just keep climbing.

not to late to buy ser now [if reside in nz] as should be entitled to the new shares

M

the machine
18-02-2012, 02:51 PM
directions hearing has accepted all that SER presented and now SER advise that on tuesday 21st they will advise new demerger meeting date. lots of money to be made here

M

shasta
18-02-2012, 11:44 PM
directions hearing has accepted all that SER presented and now SER advise that on tuesday 21st they will advise new demerger meeting date. lots of money to be made here

M

Dont hear much about graphite on ST, how does SER compare to say AXE, Machine?

I think AKA may have some graphite too, thats a strange mineral sands type company, any others?

NoVice
19-02-2012, 10:37 AM
There's variables like flake size etc. Shasta but SER has the big advantage that they can be producing in months not years. First mover advantage like LYC with REEs. In theory the new owner (all smoke & no fire so far IMO) Mega also have the down stream technology & contacts which again, like REEs, is important.

shasta
19-02-2012, 01:48 PM
There's variables like flake size etc. Shasta but SER has the big advantage that they can be producing in months not years. First mover advantage like LYC with REEs. In theory the new owner (all smoke & no fire so far IMO) Mega also have the down stream technology & contacts which again, like REEs, is important.

Cheers for that, i'll do some further research, after the Wellington Share trader meeting this arvo

the machine
19-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Only follow SER - as result of original O&G play. SER posters on HC saying they are a mile ahead of any other graphite plays on asx.

SP set for another big jump next week

M

the machine
18-03-2012, 12:34 AM
ser set for a big week
mar 20 1200 entitlement date to vote
mar 22 1200 meeting to approve demerger
mar 23 - court hearing if demerger approved
mar 26 ex divendend date no dividend though

i think there is a lot of money to be had by following through with the demerger, folding 80% into the MEGO IPO for 33% of same once mega are trading the price could or should easily double and we can all go to toronto to check out our listing for a tax deductable flight

M

Joshuatree
18-03-2012, 02:54 PM
It seems to me that with very little known about Mega that one is taking huge leap into the unknown from here. We know what a great quality graphite resource there is full stop.

the machine
24-04-2012, 11:19 AM
so deal now upped from 33% to 50%

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01289970

M

the machine
28-07-2012, 12:21 PM
the mega ipo is gathering momentum with indicated C$24m+ being deemed value of the 80% of tarcoola shares held by ser shareholders.
ser hold remaining 20%.
this is the indicated issue price, but could asily double straight away.

as regards ser sp, this should jump from the 3c to a heck of a lot more basis the 10% of mega they end up with, plus the 1.5% royalty

M

the machine
31-07-2012, 12:09 AM
mega graphite ipo held up with toronto issues - delayed until end oct - drat!!

M

the machine
04-08-2012, 08:29 PM
out of left field

WB II Acquisition Corp. announces proposed qualifying transaction with MEGA Graphite Inc.

WB II Acquisition Corp. WXB.P

8/3/2012 10:27:00 AM

WB II Acquisition Corp. announces proposed qualifying transaction with MEGA Graphite Inc.

/NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWSWIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES. ANY FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS RESTRICTION MAY CONSTITUTE A VIOLATION OF U.S. SECURITIES LAW./

TORONTO, Aug. 3, 2012 /CNW/ - WB II Acquisition Corp. ("WB II" TSX Venture Exchange: WXB.P) is pleased to announce that it has entered into a letter of intent dated August 3, 2012 with MEGA Graphite Inc. ("MEGA") to complete a going public transaction for MEGA (the "Proposed Transaction") by way of a reverse takeover of WB II, a capital pool company listed on the TSX Venture Exchange (the "Exchange"). The Proposed Transaction will be conducted pursuant to a definitive agreement to be entered into between WB II and MEGA. The structure of the Proposed Transaction has not yet been determined.

MEGA is a private Canadian junior mining company with natural graphite mining interests and project plans in Australia, Canada and eastern India. In conjunction with the Proposed Transaction and as a condition thereof, MEGA will acquire Tarcoola Gold Inc. ("Tarcoola"), a subsidiary of Strategic Energy Resources Ltd. (Australian Stock Exchange Code: SER) through a merger of Tarcoola with MEGA's Australian subsidiary in order to acquire and develop a natural graphite ore body and former producing mine known as Uley Graphite in South Australia that MEGA and Tarcoola have been working on bringing back into production.

In conjunction with, or prior to the closing of, the Proposed Transaction, MEGA intends to complete a brokered private placement (the "Private Placement") of common shares for gross proceeds of up to $3.5 million. It is contemplated that the common shares issued pursuant to the Private Placement will ultimately be exchanged into freely tradeable common shares (the "Resulting Issuer Shares") of the surviving entity upon completion of the Proposed Transaction (the "Resulting Issuer").

In addition, immediately prior to the completion of the Proposed Transaction, it is anticipated that WB II will consolidate its common shares on a ratio to be determined prior to the completion of the Proposed Transaction. It is intended that Resulting Issuer Shares will be issued to holders of MEGA common shares under the Proposed Transaction on the basis of one (1) Resulting Issuer Share (on a post-consolidation basis) for every one (1) common share of MEGA. In addition, and subject to regulatory approval, it is intended that any outstanding options or warrants of WB II and MEGA will be exchanged for comparable securities of the Resulting Issuer having the same economic terms (as adjusted).

If the Proposed Transaction is completed, it is anticipated that the board of directors of the Resulting Issuer will consist of between three and nine directors, including the current directors of MEGA, and one (1) nominee to be appointed by WB II. In addition, if the Proposed Transaction is completed, it is anticipated that: (a) WB II will change its name, which name will be determined prior to the completion of the Proposed Transaction; and (b) new auditors will be appointed. If completed, the Proposed Transaction will constitute WB II's Qualifying Transaction (as defined in Policy 2.4 of the Exchange's Corporate Finance Manual). A comprehensive press release with further particulars relating to the Proposed Transaction will follow in accordance with the policies of the Exchange.

Completion of the Proposed Transaction is subject to a number of conditions including, but not limited to, completion of satisfactory due diligence, completion of the Private Placement, execution of a definitive agreement in respect of the Proposed Transaction, regulatory approvals, Exchange acceptance, shareholders of MEGA approving, among other things, the Proposed Transaction, certain principal shareholders of MEGA and Ronald D. Schmeichel entering into and complying with support agreements and, if applicable pursuant to Exchange requirements, the filing of a sponsorship report and majority of the minority shareholder approval. Where applicable, the Proposed Transaction cannot close until the required shareholder approval is obtained. There can be no assurance that the Proposed Transaction will be completed as proposed or at all.

Investors are cautioned that, except as disclosed in the management information circular or filing statement to be prepared in connection with the Proposed Transaction, any information released or received with respect to the Proposed Transaction may not be accurate or complete and should not be relied upon. Trading in securities of a capital pool company should be considered highly speculative.

The Exchange has in no way passed upon the merits of the Proposed Transaction and has neither approved nor disapproved the contents of this press release. Neither the Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.

This press release does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any securities in any jurisdiction.

ANY SECURITIES REFERRED TO HEREIN WILL NOT BE REGISTERED UNDER THE U.S. SECURITIES ACT OF 1933 (THE "1933 ACT") AND MAY NOT BE OFFERED OR SOLD IN THE UNITED STATES OR TO A U.S. PERSON IN THE ABSENCE OF SUCH REGISTRATION OR AN EXEMPTION FROM THE REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS OF THE 1933 ACT.

Notice on forward-looking statements:

This release includes forward-looking statements regarding WB II, MEGA, and their respective businesses, which may include, but is not limited to, statements with respect to the completion of the Proposed Transaction and the Private Placement, the terms on which the Proposed Transaction and Private Placement are intended to be completed, the ability to obtain regulatory and shareholder approvals and other factors. Often, but not always, forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of words such as "plans", "is expected", "expects", "scheduled", "intends", "contemplates", "anticipates", "believes", "proposes" or variations (including negative variations) of such words and phrases, or state that certain actions, events or results "may", "could", "would", "might" or "will" be taken, occur or be achieved. Such statements are based on the current expectations of the management of each entity. The forward-looking events and circumstances discussed in this release, including completion of the Proposed Transaction and the Private Placement, may not occur by certain specified dates or at all and could differ materially as a result of known and unknown risk factors and uncertainties affecting the companies, including risks regarding the graphite mining industry, failure to obtain regulatory or shareholder approvals, economic factors and the equity markets generally. Although WB II and MEGA have attempted to identify important factors that could cause actual actions, events or results to differ materially from those described in forward-looking statements, there may be other factors that cause actions, events or results to differ from those anticipated, estimated or intended. No forward-looking statement can be guaranteed. Except as required by applicable securities laws, forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which they are made and WB II and MEGA undertake no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.

WB II is a capital pool company governed by the policies of the Exchange. WB II's principal business is the identification and evaluation of assets or businesses with a view to completing a Qualifying Transaction.

SOURCE: WB II Acquisition Corp.

Ronald D. Schmeichel, CEO of WB II Acquisition Corp. at 416-972-6294.

Canada Newswire

August 3, 2012 - 10:27 AM EDT

the machine
15-10-2012, 10:30 PM
huge boost for SER today

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01343238

M

the machine
06-06-2013, 11:01 PM
come july ser should be announcing drilling schedule for cultana where 2 holes planned and funds available

1976 I think was the year when western mining corporation narrowed down their drilling targets to just 2 - cultana and Olympic dam - drilled Olympic dam and cultana never drilled to basement
cultana locked up for 3 decades re army

success at cultana could see ser replicating SIR - ffrom a penny dreadful to a billion $ company

M

the machine
11-07-2013, 10:20 PM
looks like its game on soon re preliminary results of the helimet survey - possible 20 drilling targets is a 300% increase

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01424441

remember 30 years ago WMC narrowed down their drilling targets to 2 - Cultana and Olympic Dam

M

the machine
31-07-2014, 01:03 AM
SER have come a long way in last couple of months and poised to deliver a very sharp rise on back of joint grapheme research with Monash University

M