PDA

View Full Version : Breakouts and other fun stuff

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Phaedrus
06-01-2011, 12:10 PM
I have seen it claimed on this thread that "TA doesn't often work the best with penny stocks". Here is an example of TA working to absolute perfection on a very speculative, HC-hyped penny dreadful stock. The signals depicted simply couldn't be any better and the price chart really couldn't have been any better behaved. This is as good as it gets. Ever.

See how BKP was trending steadily down, and as each support level was broken, it became a new resistance level. Classical TA.

Now look at what happened when BKP broke above a resistance level that had held for over 5 months. Buy signals kicked in from a very wide selection of oscillators and, most importantly, all these signals were confirmed and supported by a sharp, crystal clear volume increase. Naturally this was reflected in the OBV, giving it a sharp step up - yet another buy signal. Now, volume is supposed to precede price - and that is exactly what happened here. The first volume spike (light green) appeared the day before all those other Buy signals. Isn't that spooky, Possums?

Note how every breakout above previous resistance (blue arrows) was confirmed by markedly increased volume (green arrows).

Anyone buying when all those signals fired simultaneously will have more than tripled their money in just 4 months. Technically, BKP is very strong and still rising - note the latest 5 consecutive high-volume Up days as other, less TA-savvy speculators pile in.

I wouldn't want anyone to make too much of this, but look at the 200 day Moving Average. This is often used by very conservative investors looking to keep on the right side of major trends. Generally speaking, it is slow to get you in to new trends and slow to get you out of them. It too triggered a Buy signal on the exact same day as all the other indicators. I don't think I have ever seen that happen before.

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/PhaedrusPB/BKP16.gif

STRAT
06-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Opened at .008c!!Hi Anna and yup. It would be a pretty mean broker to put 7c through when it is an obvious error. 7c wasnt the reason I thought it would move today. It was the inreasing depth.

STRAT
06-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the chart Phaedrus. That is reassuring.

Anna Naum
06-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Hi Anna and yup. It would be a pretty mean broker to put 7c through when it is an obvious error. 7c wasnt the reason I thought it would move today. It was the inreasing depth.

Agree Strat, the bid/offer changed a lot in the 3 minutes before it opened from well bid to a bit more offered. An interesting play all the same.

scorp57
06-01-2011, 01:27 PM
URA FLYING!!!!!!!!!! FPO'S 4C! URAOA 1.1C!!!

both on huge relative volume!!! Phaedrus could you do a chart for me??? and give me your thoughts on URA from a technical standpoint?>

Anna Naum
06-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Agree Strat, the bid/offer changed a lot in the 3 minutes before it opened from well bid to a bit more offered. An interesting play all the same.

Now .008c bid

STRAT
06-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Now .008c bidYup. as long as the sellers stand fast 0.9 is on the way. Do you hold some of these Anna?

drillfix
06-01-2011, 01:45 PM
I have seen it claimed on this thread that "TA doesn't often work the best with penny stocks". Here is an example of TA working to absolute perfection on a very speculative, HC-hyped penny dreadful stock. The signals depicted simply couldn't be any better and the price chart really couldn't have been any better behaved. This is as good as it gets. Ever.

Well done Phaedrus, though I believe you are referring to me when you have read this so called claim.

Good post btw and a good read for any newb's or others who also wish to know about TA and applications.

Though, lets not forget about all those other un-posted charts that have frequently given many false signals as well, would you have also handy for posting?

Anna Naum
06-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Yup. as long as the sellers stand fast 0.9 is on the way. Do you hold some of these Anna?

Yes I do Strat. Sorry have been reading the posts for some time but thought in 2011 I would try and add a few comments to the forum.

STRAT
06-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Yes I do Strat. Sorry have been reading the posts for some time but thought in 2011 I would try and add a few comments to the forum.Good on ya Anna. Youve been a member for a long time. Sometimes saying less is more. A lesson I have trouble learning.:lol:

Did you get in early?
I tried getting in at around 0.4 but couldnt get any and had to pay 0.5

Anna Naum
06-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Good on ya Anna. Youve been a member for a long time. Sometimes saying less is more. A lesson I have trouble learning.

Did you get in early?
I tried getting in at around 0.4 but couldnt get any and had to pay 0.5

That is funny, we might have both been on the bid at .4 I also paid .5 for mine.

STRAT
06-01-2011, 02:04 PM
No wonder I couldnt get any.

STRAT
06-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Scorp the URA chart is looking very pretty.

scorp57
06-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Scorp the URA chart is looking very pretty.

Cheers Strat! Check out the buy/sell ratio! Daytraders all over it today! More than 8 million traded before lunch!

I would be forever in your debt if you would post me an up to date chart? No hassles if you cant.

Cheers

STRAT
06-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Backed off a tad for lunch. I guess you will be excited to see what the arvo brings eh?

I assume you have an intraday chart?

Aotea
06-01-2011, 02:22 PM
Great to see URA taking off...Im almost coming out even from my buy-in price!!

Also very nice to see TEX on the move, another cent and all my holdings will be in the blue.....

STRAT
06-01-2011, 02:33 PM
That is funny, we might have both been on the bid at .4 I also paid .5 for mine.The sell side is fattening up Anna. Looks like 0.9 may be it for today. Not that Im complaining :D

scorp57
06-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Backed off a tad for lunch. I guess you will be excited to see what the arvo brings eh?

I assume you have an intraday chart?

Hey Strat -

No dont keep charts yet myself. You guys are all so good at them so on the odd occasion I will throw it out and ask Phaedrus or yourself or AA for an update and some opinions!

Looking good for the arvo, and as I said the market and daytraders seem to be looking at it now. This is how most micro's end up going for a run and becoming a story.

Lovin URAOA which I hold alot of too! Looking strong!

Aotea - Well done for hangin in there! These are big moves for my portfolio too so I am loving it! Well done on TEX too!

I have found some exposure for URA in various places of late. Lets hope it can keep growing. Steady paced at this stage which is sometimes more favourable than pump and dump etc

Anna Naum
06-01-2011, 03:23 PM
The sell side is fattening up Anna. Looks like 0.9 may be it for today. Not that Im complaining :D

Very true, but AU lunchtime usually sees that market go offered.

Likewise not complaining....although a nice round 1c would be better!

Ponda
06-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Looking for breakouts and other fun stuff???

How does GNI and GNIOA look for you guys?
GNIOA strike price is 10 cents at 30/06/12. Currently at .09 at the bid
GNI is currently 4 at the bid but we are getting some good buying today. Just over a million has just gone through at 4 cents and there is another ask of a million at 3.8.
Directrs are buying in again.

DISC: I hold the options and I do have a sell BUT it is over 50% away from current price

Jess9
10-01-2011, 07:01 PM
LMG was mentioned a few pages back, bought some Friday and today after waiting to get in mid 2's for too long, anyone else still following them? TA still looks good for a punt, risk return etc. They appear to have a pre feas study (paid for already) on a magnesium resource and are running the ruler over a new project (gold/copper??), which could hurry things along (HC chatter).

percy
10-01-2011, 09:12 PM
RUM was up 26.7% today and finished at 28.5cents.No announcements.I sold half my holding at 29cents.Thanks HC for the intro.

COLIN
10-01-2011, 09:58 PM
RUM was up 26.7% today and finished at 28.5cents.No announcements.I sold half my holding at 29cents.Thanks HC for the intro.

Yes, good to see a resurgence of interest in this one. I had previously sold half my holding, around the earlier peak, but decided to ride out the dip on the remainder.

BTW, Percy, there is a separate thread for RUM.

STRAT
10-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Keep an eye on AVB fellas.

STRAT
10-01-2011, 10:40 PM
While we all have an eye on what a wonderful 3 months or so it has been it wouldnt hurt to keep the other eye on this kind of stuff.

Bit of a bearish divergence there and the last two times the DOW came down from over bought we all got a bit of a kicking.

shasta
11-01-2011, 07:51 PM
While we all have an eye on what a wonderful 3 months or so it has been it wouldnt hurt to keep the other eye on this kind of stuff.

Bit of a bearish divergence there and the last two times the DOW came down from over bought we all got a bit of a kicking.

Strat, i hope you had MLA i told you about on watch today...

It was just over a cent when i picked it in the comp, i see it hit 5.5c today on 57m volume, ending the day up 2.1c (+161.5%) @ 3.4c

Still only a market cap of $13m after todays run

bermuda
11-01-2011, 08:22 PM

Strat,
Sooner or later the world will realise that Wall St. is Small St. But I take your point, there will be corrections. But in the end the world will march forward.

I hate these corrections, but as a non trader, I just hold. I just hope we can substitute enough gas for oil without another GFC.

STRAT
11-01-2011, 10:30 PM
Strat,
Sooner or later the world will realise that Wall St. is Small St. But I take your point, there will be corrections. But in the end the world will march forward.

I hate these corrections, but as a non trader, I just hold. I just hope we can substitute enough gas for oil without another GFC.Hi Bermuda.
If Im a trader Im most certainly a slow motion trader.
I have found stock picking is not something Im particularly good at and what is probably far more important is my portfolio has quite a few less zeros at the end of it than yours. Trading is the only way I can see to creating a decent retirement for myself from this game. I genuinely suck at Buy and Hold. What I have been able to do though is improve my position by exiting in the corrections and re entering after they are done and I havent had to be all that quick off the mark to do it. So I welcome a correction. It will give me more time for other things and another chance to increase my stake in Stocks I see as worth hanging onto as long as its a decent one. Its the half arsed corrections I hate. :D

STRAT
11-01-2011, 11:00 PM
Strat, i hope you had MLA i told you about on watch today...

It was just over a cent when i picked it in the comp, i see it hit 5.5c today on 57m volume, ending the day up 2.1c (+161.5%) @ 3.4c

Still only a market cap of $13m after todays runI took my eye off the ball Shasta :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

Jay
12-01-2011, 08:33 AM
Given how you operate Strat, I am trying to the something similar to your self and I keep selling too early on corrections or "stops" are too tight and get thrown out only to see the thing rise & rise after a short while :-(
Still holding on to your residue of BKP Strat

STRAT
12-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Given how you operate Strat, I am trying to the something similar to your self and I keep selling too early on corrections or "stops" are too tight and get thrown out only to see the thing rise & rise after a short while :-(
Still holding on to your residue of BKP StratYes I am Jay but heres the thing.
I have retrieved my original investment and if it crashed to 0.6c Id still be 100% up after selling the rest.
I have been watching how the SP has been behaving since it peaked and have decided there is another run in this before the drill hits dirt in March.
While the SP has declined gradually and in an orderly fashon it has declined none the less. Someone else way sharper than me I know who held this one has sold up.

Id say its a 50/50 thing as to whether it finds support some where close to where it is now in readyness for another spurt or continues to decay. Im gambling on it finding support and going for another Jog but if it gets down to 1.2 with no sign of the sell off subsiding I will let it go.

If you are in profit and at all nervous about it I would suggest you sell em. I flicked through the other sites last night and all the BKP threads are now full of the rubbish you usually see from the last in , last out brigade.

trackers
12-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Yes I am Jay but heres the thing.
I have retrieved my original investment and if it crashed to 0.6c Id still be 100% up after selling the rest.
I have been watching how the SP has been behaving since it peaked and have decided there is another run in this before the drill hits dirt in March.
While the SP has declined gradually and in an orderly fashon it has declined none the less. Someone else way sharper than me I know who held this one has sold up.

Id say its a 50/50 thing as to whether it finds support some where close to where it is now in readyness for another spurt or continues to decay. Im gambling on it finding support and going for another Jog but if it gets down to 1.2 with no sign of the sell off subsiding I will let it go.

If you are in profit and at all nervous about it I would suggest you sell em. I flicked through the other sites last night and all the BKP threads are now full of the rubbish you usually see from the last in , last out brigade.

Good post Strat, especially the last bit - Always a massive warning sign - I also like to think of them as the wishful thinking brigade.

As Steve F would no doubt tell us, the money is to be made finding stocks before everyone else, not after....

Jay
12-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Yes good post Strat
Sold some ,I have got my money back and a bit, with about the same amount still left at the present price,
but will watch for support as well then make a decison - not a lot of money involved in the big scheme of things on my part.
May wish it was alot more if it really takes off, but them's the breaks

STRAT
12-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Yes good post Strat
Sold some ,I have got my money back and a bit, with about the same amount still left at the present price,
but will watch for support as well then make a decison - not a lot of money involved in the big scheme of things on my part.
May wish it was alot more if it really takes off, but them's the breaksHi Jay I have quite a list of "If only Id held longers" and "If only Id bought mores"
I also have similar sized lists of "Lucky I sold those when I dids" and "Lucky I didnt buy more of thoses"

I think the old saying about eggs and a basket is well worth remembering.

Regarding BKP. Id like to see a close at 1.5 today but could live with 1.4.

Jay
12-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Hi Jay I have quite a list of "If only Id held longers" and "If only Id bought mores"
I also have similar sized lists of "Lucky I sold those when I dids" and "Lucky I didnt buy more of thoses"

I think the old saying about eggs and a basket is well worth remembering.

Regarding BKP. Id like to see a close at 1.5 today but could live with 1.4.

yes know what you mean, I think we all have those along with I wish I had sold them "yesterday" at some point in our history

STRAT
12-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Just taking a look at the candle chart ( something Im still learning so feedback and corrections most welcome ) and this is my take on it.

(a) Grave Stone
Signal that the run is over

(b) Exuberant late comers buy in not realizing the run is over. Smarter Punters sell to them but the smart Punters out number or have more stock than the late comers so eventually selling pressure wins over. The smart Traders get out today and tomorrow.

(c) Last of the T3 traders sell up driving the price lower.

(d) With the T3 and Day Traders more or less gone price action stabilizes for a couple of days but some players still nervous sell. Slightly more selling pressure than buying pressure but for the most part the Market is now undecided.

(e)dont know yet. The balance between those who bought a quick trade and those who bought for a trade on a drill will decide with additional influence from those who have no idea why they bought.

STRAT
12-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Hey Jay. Have you had an eye on the BKP depth today? Theres been a significant shift to buying pressure in the last hour.

Entrep
12-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Just taking a look at the candle chart ( something Im still learning so feedback and corrections most welcome ) and this is my take on it.

(a) Grave Stone
Signal that the run is over

(b) Exuberant late comers buy in not realizing the run is over. Smarter Punters sell to them but the smart Punters out number or have more stock than the late comers so eventually selling pressure wins over. The smart Traders get out today and tomorrow.

(c) Last of the T3 traders sell up driving the price lower.

(d) With the T3 and Day Traders more or less gone price action stabilizes for a couple of days but some players still nervous sell. Slightly more selling pressure than buying pressure but for the most part the Market is now undecided.

(e)dont know yet. The balance between those who bought a quick trade and those who bought for a trade on a drill will decide with additional influence from those who have no idea why they bought.

I dont claim to know the first thing about charting, but having volume in there would probably help tell that story also?

Phaedrus
12-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Good post Strat, but you missed labeling and commenting on an important candlestick.

The Black Marubozu as shown here is a strong Bearish signal and for many it would have been a confirmatory signal to exit this stock, even though, technically, it was still in an uptrend.

A Black Marubozu candle is represented only by a body - it has no wicks or shadows extending from the top or bottom of the candle and is thus formed when a stock opens at the high and closes at the low. A Black Marubozu indicates that sellers controlled the price from the opening bell to the close of the day, and is generally considered to be very bearish.

Note today's white candle. For the first time in over a week, BKP closed higher than it opened. This is Bullish, even though it continued the downtrend. This candle, while not a classic example, is perhaps best identified as a Hammer - an important bottoming candlestick.

I have added a volume histogram for Entrep. Volume gives us some idea of the degree of conviction associated with any movement.

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/PhaedrusPB/BKP112.gif

STRAT
12-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Thanks Phaedrus. Are you certain you arent going easy on me just cause Im an old muso burned out from a life time of substance abuse? :eek2:

Jay
12-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Hey Jay. Have you had an eye on the BKP depth today? Theres been a significant shift to buying pressure in the last hour.

No I haven't, been working - oops I was suppose to be when I made the last two posts!

Mr P got in before me with the white/open candle thing which maybe a sign it's about to turn upwards again (today's candle)
Learnt something though - the black marubozo or whatever =- have seen it mentioned but not called that and thinking about it should know that theory from what I read somewhere

STRAT
12-01-2011, 08:53 PM
lol. You cant call it a whatever. Thats worse than not naming it at all.

Lets see what tomorrow brings after the Yanks dictate our day.

Ive been treading water overall the last week but what is hammering me the most is the exchange rate.

Phaedrus
12-01-2011, 09:21 PM
I thought musos thrived on substance abuse, Strat. Keef has always been a hero of mine and he seems to be immortal.

I am trying to make my posts more warm and fuzzy, though.......

Jay (or whatever!) In Japanese, the word Marubozu means "close-cropped". Other common terms for the marubozu include "shaven head" or "shaven bottom." There are other names as well, including Bald candlestick.

Jay
12-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Thanks Mr P

Shaven head - that's the one I'm familar with now you mention it

Was having trouble saying it let alone spelling it! :-)

STRAT
12-01-2011, 11:37 PM
I thought musos thrived on substance abuse, Strat. Keef has always been a hero of mine and he seems to be immortal.

I am trying to make my posts more warm and fuzzy, though.......

Jay (or whatever!) In Japanese, the word Marubozu means "close-cropped". Other common terms for the marubozu include "shaven head" or "shaven bottom." There are other names as well, including Bald candlestick.He seems to but he does look 800 years old though eh? lol:D

Fav Albums. Black and Blue and Goats Head Soup and I reckon history has under rated Keef at times.

Warm and Fuzzy? Sounds like my old Fender Valve Amp.

Thats cool Phaedrus as long as you dont let me off the hook when I cock up.

STRAT
13-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Well Jay. It looks like the gamble paid off today. Something nice for you when you get home from work.
I honestly didnt expect it to go off today. I was planning to be back at my desk by 1pm. I didnt get back till 5. I went to work with a sell order in at 1.8 for another 1/4 which got filled while I was away so Ive got 1/2 left now.

upside_umop
13-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Talking of breakouts, does anybody think WGP has confirmed its breakout from the 6 week ascending triangle, with todays heavy trading todays days end?

STRAT
13-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Talking of breakouts, does anybody think WGP has confirmed its breakout from the 6 week ascending triangle, with todays heavy trading todays days end?Hi Oooomop.
No but it has found some short term support at 2.6.
Tomorrow might be a good day. Got any?

Jay
13-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Well Jay. It looks like the gamble paid off today. Something nice for you when you get home from work.
I honestly didnt expect it to go off today. I was planning to be back at my desk by 1pm. I didnt get back till 5. I went work with a sell order in at 1.8 for another 1/4 which got filled while I was away so Ive got 1/2 left now.

I still have 1/2 left after selling well half.
He is not often wrong but Mr P was right again.
Iwas reasonably confident it would go back upo today especially with the DOW doing well overnight.

Very nice indeed, dide not expect it to go that far - so hwere the "stop" now 0.016?? BIg volume as well

upside_umop
13-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Hi Oooomop.
No but it has found some short term support at 2.6.
Tomorrow might be a good day. Got any?

Today's close was at 3 cents Strat - contact Mr Twiggs (he's usually a day behind isn't he though?)
Got a few of them. I started a thread but not much interest without a chart! Might have to post one...

Here goes the chart Strat:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5283/5350942265_0fda40493e_b.jpg

STRAT
13-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Hi Ooomop.
Your resistance line at 2.5c has been tested 6 times before your breakout occured. Pretty convincing resistance. If a breakout is a breakthrough resistance on increased volume then 31 Dec 2010 was the day it broke out. Your resistance line doesnt take in the previous high a week before. I would include it and place the line at 3.1. This could be wrong so perhaps we need someone else to tell us who is incorrect.

I know you do your homework so its probably me.

upside_umop
13-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Yeah, it is pretty solid resistance that 2.5 cents. It was big volume alright, around 30 million shares traded that day out of under 200 million on issue. The next day, it traded mostly up on high volume too, but fell away at the end of the day on smaller volume...I remember seeing that drinking a beer on new years eve! It left one of those 'whatever' candles (Mazubozo) which didn't look nice..and an according drop on the OBV (although I don't think it really deserved it given the overall days trading!).

Anyway, I bought into this on fundamentals but waited for AWE to announce their shale program. I like to keep an eye on the chart too but have a bit of breathing space with it, kind of how you play it. It's a year long hold for me at least...as with a market cap still under $10m and in prime shale country with the upcoming program, it's still relatively cheap (I think??).

trackers
14-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Looks like there could be a bullish flag and pennant in the making UU?

http://stockcharts.com/help/doku.php?id=chart_school:chart_analysis:chart_patt erns:flag_pennant_continu

Financially dependant
14-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Yeah, it is pretty solid resistance that 2.5 cents. It was big volume alright, around 30 million shares traded that day out of under 200 million on issue. The next day, it traded mostly up on high volume too, but fell away at the end of the day on smaller volume...I remember seeing that drinking a beer on new years eve! It left one of those 'whatever' candles (Mazubozo) which didn't look nice..and an according drop on the OBV (although I don't think it really deserved it given the overall days trading!).

Anyway, I bought into this on fundamentals but waited for AWE to announce their shale program. I like to keep an eye on the chart too but have a bit of breathing space with it, kind of how you play it. It's a year long hold for me at least...as with a market cap still under $10m and in prime shale country with the upcoming program, it's still relatively cheap (I think??).

I was waiting for a bit of a sell off Friday afternoon to get in but didn't really happen so will have to wait for some weakness next week.

Kees
17-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Penny stocks on the move RMG AUZ

DYOR.

STRAT
17-01-2011, 04:52 PM
WOW OROOA up 200%

Hold up. that was on a $200 purchase lol.

DTB
17-01-2011, 05:37 PM
True! But it dropped from .002 - .001 on a $49 sale last week....

COLIN
17-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Strat: NOD would seem to fill the bill for this category (see separate thread). Technicals are good, and no doubt the Qland disaster is something they should be able to turn to their advantage - they had already gained significant new business in recent months, and their funding is now on a sounder footing. Stocked up on quite a few today.

Huang Chung
17-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Agree with Colin re NOD.

2010 was annulis horribilis for NOD.

If you subscribe to the Dogs of the Dow theory, 2011 might just be their year of recovery, no doubt helped by the widespread flooding in Queensland, and now NSW and Victoria.

Also, watch Hunnu Coal (HUN), has lagged stocks like CPL, but looks to be breaking out to the upside.

drillfix
18-01-2011, 01:54 PM
2010 was annulis horribilis for NOD.

I never even knew such words existed. haha, Love it HC those are the kind of Uran fighting words that I can dig LOL

drillfix
18-01-2011, 01:57 PM
KW LBY has shot up quite fast, gaps and all.

Either news of some sort, or a cap raising. But whatever goes up like that usually, comes also crashing back down. Caution required, IMO.

drillfix
18-01-2011, 02:03 PM
I know this may sound funny to most but I think Blue Energy - BUL may have now bottomed and is about to turn upwards.

Took a small parcel at 11c and will give it a month on this one.

Also, another entry on POZ, I believe one of the Top Holders has now exited and buyers are stacking up so the sell side should thin out and some action should begin in either late today or starting tomorrow or next.

STRAT
18-01-2011, 02:39 PM
I know this may sound funny to most but I think Blue Energy - BUL may have now bottomed and is about to turn upwards.

Also, another entry on POZ, I believe one of the Top Holders has now exited and buyers are stacking up so the sell side should thin out and some action should begin in either late today or starting tomorrow or next.Hi Drilly.
Yeah BUL found support at 11.5 for a while and then 10.5 and showing off today with a bit of blue ( no pun intended ) is a sea of red.

STRAT
18-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Strat: NOD would seem to fill the bill for this category (see separate thread). Technicals are good, and no doubt the Qland disaster is something they should be able to turn to their advantage - they had already gained significant new business in recent months, and their funding is now on a sounder footing. Stocked up on quite a few today.Hi Colin. Looks good. Keep a close eye on the RSI. Has given fairly good sell signals in the past.

ronthepom
18-01-2011, 04:43 PM

Also, another entry on POZ, I believe one of the Top Holders has now exited and buyers are stacking up so the sell side should thin out and some action should begin in either late today or starting tomorrow or next.

Drilly
you are in the money already mate BUL has broken out 12 cents now.

well done

drillfix
18-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Hey Ron, no worries mate.

Usually I would just take the money, but I feel the BUL party is just about to start actually, so why unwind for a quick buck when there are a few more sitting up the road a bit.

(some stocks I trade and dont even post about because the trade is only for not even 5 minutes on some stocks)

Same with POZ too, another quickie for the taking, but ahhh, these are some longer plays, both BUL and POZ

Love the PLV chart as well, but the Hourly chart shows its gonna fall and so it does, but who knows with some of these Bot traded stocks, they usually are the programmed algorithm's that actually paint the chart (on certain stocks). But I am certain its gonna rise yet again after a breather.

Anyway, hope your day has been a good one Ron.
Cheers mate :)

ronthepom
18-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Hey Drilly,

I agree with what you say mate, i've been loading up with BUL think they are ready to go, i see Bermuda likes them as well so heres hoping.

Might have a look at your POZ as well, left my run a bit late on PLV looked at them back in sept when they were about 42cents ah well cant get them all !!

cheers Ron

drillfix
18-01-2011, 05:53 PM
No worries Ron, and yep Bermuda has them for his wife so this will be pleasing news for him :P

Bermuda also mentioned that Kogas have around the end of Feb to start partaking so that also may get extended, but either way, I cant see Kogas forgoing on some of what Blue Energy has as it will or should only strengthen their position.

As you can see, I am not good at telling stories, but I am sure Bermuda will clear things up, as he does :)

Huang Chung
18-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Annus Horribilis
Term used by the Queen in her 1992 speech when Charles and Andrew split with their wives, and Windsor Castle caught on fire.

Annulis is a "little ring" - fine line in latin between words and their meanings :-)

I was being very careful KW :cool:.

drillfix
19-01-2011, 01:12 PM
KW, are you with Interactive brokers?

Or are you using a live data feed at all from somebody/anybody?

scorp57
19-01-2011, 01:45 PM
kw, are you with interactive brokers?

Or are you using a live data feed at all from somebody/anybody?

ura up 15% on heavy volume this morning.

Buyers stacking up!

scorp57
19-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Uraoa up 37.5%

Phaedrus
19-01-2011, 01:53 PM
KW, whatever indicators you are using for Buy signals will provide sell signals too.
Break of falling trendline Buy. Break of rising trendline Sell
Similarly, moving averages and trailing stops give signals both ways.
Oscillators give Bullish divergences (Buy) and Bearish divergences (Sell)
The break of an OBV trendline will give a buy or sell signal.
Most indicators give both buy and sell signals.
Oscillators, break above Oversold level Buy, break below Overbought level Sell.
There are just as many candlestick Buy patterns as there are Sell patterns.
Break above previous resistance Buy. Break below previous support Sell.
Stochastic oscillators give excellent buy and sell signals, regardless of the timeframe.
Etc etc.

I trust that you have you got yourself a decent TA textbook.
It does sound as though you have no system, though.
If this is the case, it will be very difficult for you to reproduce good results and equally difficult for you to know what to do to improve poor results.

Learning to swim by jumping in the deep end usually results in expensive tuition.
It certainly was so in my case.

trackers
19-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Good luck with the new profession KW! :)

drillfix
19-01-2011, 03:01 PM
Well KW, if you are going to open an account with IB you will get a live feed. But there is a base fee for ASX data which I believe is about $37.50 AU there abouts.

You must also specify which is your base currency. By default the US data is also ticked, but if you do 30US of commission then its free for US data, as in Nasdaq, Dow etc etc.

What I dont like about IB is you pay for ASX data but you cannot get the actual XAO live or the sub sectors of this, meaning if you wanted to chart Financials then you cant. This really pisses me as I used to do this with ProRealtime when they offered paid ASX data.

Back to Signals,

Well, yes of course, as mr P says all sound advice and info to take note of.

You will probably ask yourself over a 100 questions in the first day or week of using IB, as the TWS is like a Battle ship with literally thousands of options, preferences and choices of this, that or the next thing. Well, dont freak, just run the defaults initially.

Also they give you a SIM account as well and its free to try for those who want to see the TWS (trader work station) in action.

Use the sim for a day or two just to get used to what is what, and where is where.

Establish what you need for your style of trading, as in
1. Create a list of stocks, or Portfolio and add things to that page.
2. Create another page, with other stocks, be it US, Commodities or whatever, learn how to attach and detach pages etc.
3. Charting, chart out a few stocks then Add/Remove/Edit Indicators
4. More Charting, Run a few charts being a 5 min, 15 min, 60 min chart, try data linking them (although its buggy atm)
5. Order entry, learn how to trade from the Chart, BookTrader, or by the default list clicking, some are faster than others.
6. Practice even just entering orders far from the price and then cancel just so you get used to a routine of doing and more doing.
7. Buy something, execute a few trades be it a day or swing trade, but choose what chart you are trading, ie: dont trade a 15 min chart and then sell it on a 3 min chart etc stick to the trade plan, better yet, create a trade plan.
8. Do some seminars freely available on the IB website, they run live ones and also do downloadable ones or watch on web.
9. Find or search out what type of trader is inside you, one will shine, one will be average, one will be not good at all, you will discover which is which over time and that suits your personality and your risk appetite.
10. This list can go on forever, but you know what I mean generally.

11. Dont post every trade you do or else Phaedrus will come down on you like a tonne of bricks and belittle you in front of everybody because you make one statement out of context ;)

Try also a couple of other programs after using the TWS clunky battleship, the only problem though is instrument management which NinjaTrader and MultiCharts are not as good at, better MultiCharts than Ninja, but NinjaTrader to me at present has a better Order/Execution feature to it as currently MC does not have this in the current version, but will eventually add it.

Once you get used to your chart setup with whatever platform you use, try a few different styles as in:

Some examples for a swing trade, but view the stocks and some charts I would view would be Hourly, Daily, Weekly.
Some examples for a day trade would obviously be a 5, 15, and hourly, and day.
Some examples of a Scalp momentum trade would be 1 or 3 min, 5min, 15 min, but "Only" buy in and sell from that one chart of choice.
Better yet, forget the indicators and learn how to trade PRICE only with say 1 ema. It depends on what your trading and how used to what your trading.

Add volume, MACD, Stochastic, EMA's or Williams on hourly, or xMin charts and, add OBV, RSI Williams, Macd etc or whatever on a Daily

It may pay to get a few screens (LCDs) to have a multimon setup and also download a display manager like UltraMon which is quite cool.

Mr. P is also correct that the learning curve can be costly, but if you proceed with caution and slow steps initially, you can get up to speed and find that can control your situation nicely, or at least classified as manageable, yet I omit myself I have done some pretty stupid dumb things that no trader should have done.

Should I admit them here? Probably not, too embarrassed to state them but the point I am making is, we dont try to do them, but they happen and we are left wondering How TF did that happen, Ooopppsss!

But hopefully we grow from that, and move on a bit stronger than we previously were. As a trader, you will Lose Money, that is part of the game, but your wits and instinct will also kick in and eventually Learn and get it right, and you will Make Money.

Again the list goes on and on and is always being revised.

Should you ever attempt to trade Crude Oil futures (CL) with a funded account, take caution, dont do it, always use SIM to get started and if you cannot cut it, or get used to it to control your entry and exits, then dont do it. Trade sim on some Currencies or ES and CL, you will see the difference in the way these all move, at times everything can run like its on steroids, sometime not, but CL is a beast and can sweep your stop out in seconds.

Anyhooo, for what its worth, there is some advice from me poncho, Let me know once your setup and there is an IB chatroom too we can hookup in if you wish.

Cheers :)

drillfix
19-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Case study: SDL. Would you be (a) buying (b) holding (c) selling? Why, When, and at What price?

KW, Sundance is a good stock to view on the Hourly so if your only trading or swing trading SDL, just look at the daily MACD and the Hourly chart. This usually will give you the choice made to what side of the trade you should be on. Personally I would have been out on the 6th of Jan after seeing the plunge on 5th of Jan 2011.

As to why, well as mentioned, the Macd for the hourly and daily said the party was over, or at least for the time being.

Again, its all about your style/personality/plan or what works for you best.

No doubt Mr. P will show you another scope of indicators showing why and when.

Phaedrus
19-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Case study: SDL. Would you be (a) buying (b) holding (c) selling? Why, When, and at What price?Good example.
For a start, I would NOT be buying. There are NO buy signals and SDL is in a short-term downtrend - but who knows how far it will run? (Right now it's down another 2.7% today).
SDL is not a Sell, though - if you wanted to sell it, you would have been out at the red arrow, when short-term indicators fired. Some of those still holding SDL will be "medium-term" investors and running indicators such as the trendline and moving average plotted here. You can see that, while they have not yet been broken, current price action is not all that far away from these indicators.
So, SDL was a short-term Sell, but now it isn't.
It remains a "medium-term" Hold (but watch closely).
It is NOT a Buy at the moment.
You are forced to decide what sort of trader you really are - how actively you want to trade. I could have posted many more indicators here that "agreed" with the short-term sell, and many more that "agreed" with the "medium-term" hold. I could have posted another set of indicators suitable for "long-term" investors. All 3 sets are equally valid, you just have to decide which set you are going to run with. The very worst thing you can do here is vacillate between them. Do that and you will fall between two stools, missing out on the advantages of having a defined strategy. If you really are undecided as to what to do in such circumstances, split the trade. Sell half on the "short-term" signals, and half on the "medium-term" signals, for example.
Keep a meticulous trading journal, KW. Monitor your trade details, profits, losses, hit rate etc and carefully note what you did, when and why. From this you should eventually be able to see what works for you, what suits you and what doesn't.
Don't disregard your FA knowledge - apply it. Those that utilise both TA and FA are generally more successful than those who use either one in isolation.
The usual thing for people at this stage is to overtrade, eventually settling back to a lower level of activity that is more profitable.

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/PhaedrusPB/SDL119.gif

drillfix
19-01-2011, 05:11 PM
KW, already told you mate, run multiple timed charts to suite your style, you can see where if and when its gonna turn.

As in, for me, the decision had been based on viewing a 60 minute chart with a MACD crossover and break of the 13 ema.

You should also use a 15 min chart and a daily MACD too help confirm, but after say 5 hours (candles), if no hourly candles have popped its head back upwards over the 13 ema then the party look set to be finished. Or at least if it were me.

You then can watch to see if there will be tests of a new low created then followed by a lower High then another lower Low, and Lower High that follows, it then shows you the new trend.

Hope this helps anyway, but what works for me suits me and maybe not you, but if you can relate to what others use or do, then you eventually work out whats good for you.

add/edit:

KW, also from what you have told us, if it were me doing what you were doing, I would use a Weekly, Daily, and Hourly charts, with EMAs, MACD, OBV, RSI and anything else the mr.P recommends.

You eyes will get used to seeing the moves potentially happening before it happens, or you can see what could be called Conviction towards a Rally, or Sell Off, this conviction warns you that there is no Joke, something has Changed and its time to React to that move or unload Half just to be sure. But your instincts will sharpen after numerous trades, but you will also get it wrong too, thats all part of learning.

mark100
19-01-2011, 05:23 PM
With the benefit of hindsight it is easy to see that the red arrow was the best time to sell. However, what I would like to learn, is what were the signals on THAT day (the 5th) that indicated the trend was about to change?

Hi KW, I am no expert and don't know the correct terminology but on those 2 days the share opened higher, had a big spike up but then closed lower than its opening price. To me that's a sign that it lost momentum

STRAT
19-01-2011, 05:32 PM
the ones with rockets under them leave me a little unsure as to what to do with them.Hi KW.
Theres nothing more stressful than making a wad of cash quick I reckon :lol:

sharer
19-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Strat, does PLA recent rises after a long time down maybe qualify as interesting breakout?3176

sharer
19-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Strat, does PLA recent rises after a long time down maybe qualify as interesting breakout?3176

Today high 86.5, currently 84.

STRAT
19-01-2011, 05:57 PM

Today high 86.5, currently 84.Hi Sharer.
Hard to say. Looks like a lot of hard work to me. A bit like BPT.
Pick a line.

Phaedrus
19-01-2011, 06:02 PM
With the benefit of hindsight it is easy to see that the red arrow was the best time to sell. However, what I would like to learn, is what were the signals on THAT day (the 5th) that indicated the trend was about to change? No hindsight is needed, KW. The candlestick on the 5th was a "Dark Cloud Cover". These are a Bearish Reversal pattern. The day opened higher than the previous Close (this is bullish), ran much higher still (very bullish) but then started falling - and kept falling until it closed well below the close of the previous day. This is Bearish and marks a reversal.

Note especially the long upper shadow. Buyers pushed the price way up but selling pressure completely overwhelmed them, leading to a lower Close. See how no other candle during the entire uptrend had an upper shadow as long as those 2 candles marked with red arrows. In addition, oscillators such as the Williams'%R triggered Sell signals on the 5th, providing confirmation. It is, of course, entirely up to you whether you trade on such "short-term" signals or not - just so long as you have some system, some exit strategy in place.

Active traders would not have been using the "medium-term" trendline as per my chart. They would have drawn steeper trendlines as the uptrend accelerated, giving additional sell signals a day or so after the Dark Cloud Cover.

Candlesticks are very, very useful and can be used in any timeframe. They do not have to be daily and could be hourly, for example - or weekly for longterm investors. Once you are clear as to your aims, you will then be able to develop a suite of indicators tailored to the level of trading activity that you prefer.

soulman
19-01-2011, 06:31 PM
With the benefit of hindsight it is easy to see that the red arrow was the best time to sell. However, what I would like to learn, is what were the signals on THAT day (the 5th) that indicated the trend was about to change?

I would say the trend would change purely because of the furious rise. KW, when something move this fast, they are bound to go downwards. Profit taking is one big factor.

I have observe SDL from their teens to current price and this downwards movement is a result of profit taking. Whether SDL would see 60 again is a 10/90 odd. I think Phaedrus chart say quite a lot here and mid 40's here we come.

drillfix
19-01-2011, 08:13 PM
KW, check out a couple of Steve Nison candlestick series type workshops/semiars.

ie: Steve Nison - JapanesCandleSticks or/and Secrets to Becoming a Samurai Trader

If you google you can probably find a PDF of it on the web somewhere, or PM me and I can send you a few links to some good stuff ;)

drillfix
20-01-2011, 05:10 AM
Hey KW, will send you a PM later today with an email addy.

Perhaps we can exchange a list of what resources you have and I can send you what I have too. I have a lot of paid stuff that was bought as well as other stuff that I downloaded, and there is some good stuff out there. Speaking of Torrents, did you get the 2.5 GB trading ebooks torrent, that seems to be a popular one, but I guess better keep this thread on topic as its a stock trading thread, not a book trading thread.

Keep me posted tomorrow and likewise back, plus anybody else want some info on anything, perhaps we can start up a resources thread.

Though, I am keen to split a Multicharts license with somebody as they just had a buy one get a 2nd lifetime license free type deal and the next upcoming version will have some NinjaTrader features along with the usual benefits for both Automated Trading and Discretionary Trading, meaning you wouldn't have to baby sit some Hourly charts with automated orders being executed when EMA crossovers or whatever other parameters you choose to add. Personally I am weary of Automated, but thats just me.

But KW, with IB you could use a proggie similar to this to do your executions for you if that is the other angle you wish to explore.

Well, time to crash out, 2:+ AM here on the GC and daylight will come fast. US looks red atm as is DAX and FTSE.

Tomorrow will be a good test of our markets with the rest of the world slightly red.

drillfix
22-01-2011, 05:36 AM
I have hundreds of trading books thanks to bittorrent and an iPad - let me know if you guys want something, because its likely I have a copy :-) Its more a question of figuring out which are worth reading.

Hey KW, just letting you know to check your PM, sent you a link to a list of some resources.

I know you have lots too, but I agree its more a question about sorting out what is the best treasure out of such quantity..lol

Have a good weekend :)

STRAT
23-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Hi Yall.
Couldnt find a thread on stuff like this in the ASX section so thought Id kick one off.

I like looking for medium to long time down trending stocks that give signals of new life. In particular Indicators and Volume signals before significant SP movement which can then go on watch.

The chart below wasnt a breakout exactly yesterday but I think it is still worthy to kick start the thread.

SEHSEH
Had another look at this one. As I didnt buy it and missed the first spike I havent followed it too close.

Chart shows 2 entries and 2 exits but there is at least one more of each not shown that would only have been acted on by traders more active than I.

Last sell was 14/12/2010. and no by signals have appeared since.

You still holding Colin?

STRAT
24-01-2011, 08:25 PM
ROB
This one of Steves has had above the usual volume for about a week now.
Volume is still tiny and dont want to read too much into the SP rise as there is none for sale but I get the feeling something might be up.

New high for NWE.

COLIN
24-01-2011, 09:09 PM
SEH
Had another look at this one. As I didnt buy it and missed the first spike I havent followed it too close.

Chart shows 2 entries and 2 exits but there is at least one more of each not shown that would only have been acted on by traders more active than I.

Last sell was 14/12/2010. and no by signals have appeared since.

You still holding Colin?

Regrettably, Strat, I was still holding until your post jolted me into action today and I dumped them. My holding was a relatively small one, and I was taking a bit of a longer view, i.e. leaving it to the 100MA to trigger , but I should have been monitoring it more closely. On taking a microscopic look at the charts this morning I quickly came to the conclusion that there was little point in hanging on at this stage, and I think today's movements have tended to further bear this out, with buyer interest waning.

Thanks for the alert!

STRAT
25-01-2011, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the alert!Alert?
About a month too late to be an alert Colin.

You are welcome anyway.:blush:

sheepy
31-01-2011, 06:44 PM
glf missed out this morning on opening. There is speculation its a D and D recomendation for this month. So naturally its jumped over 25 %, heads and options. Not sure if the email is out on the first or thursday as some are saying. Looks like it all stacks up. I just want a lower entry. Went from 4.7 to 6.3 to finish for the day on 5.8. Buyer reccomendation of 7. Hopefully it creeps back before thursday. And then Drillers and Diggers can give it the big pump.

drillfix
31-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Dont worry sheepy, you may get your chance. Depends on how much more carnage goes on in the world or other markets, but I guess today was a good day for GLF as it was for or quite a few stocks actually.

Have been holding GLFOB's in a holding account for quite some time now so to date its been about a 4 bagger for me so far after todays little run.

Was thinking about doing some trades on the heads but will see how tomorrow pans out.

Good luck with that~!

drillfix
01-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Hey Sheepy,

Today is the perfect day for you on grabbing some GLF if you choose to mate.

Ann out, placement issue to DJC at 3.4c, current sp falling into the mid 4's options now getting smashed back.

What more would you like, perfect news for those whom wish to accumulate as there are no change whatsoever to the fundamentals with this stock so this will be like a nice discount for those who thought they missed the boat :P

Have a nice day :)

Entrep
02-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Hey Sheepy,

Today is the perfect day for you on grabbing some GLF if you choose to mate.

Ann out, placement issue to DJC at 3.4c, current sp falling into the mid 4's options now getting smashed back.

What more would you like, perfect news for those whom wish to accumulate as there are no change whatsoever to the fundamentals with this stock so this will be like a nice discount for those who thought they missed the boat :P

Have a nice day :)

My order on the options got hit today, interesting to see how this one plays out.

drillfix
02-02-2011, 03:16 PM
My order on the options got hit today, interesting to see how this one plays out.

Hi Entrep, well only 1 trade today on the GLFOB's so it looks like you are in at 1.8c

IMO the recent ann about the issue to DJC has given many an opportunity for entry.

Entrep
02-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Hi Entrep, well only 1 trade today on the GLFOB's so it looks like you are in at 1.8c

IMO the recent ann about the issue to DJC has given many an opportunity for entry.Yup thats me ;)

STRAT
02-02-2011, 04:40 PM
ROB
This one of Steves has had above the usual volume for about a week now.
Volume is still tiny and dont want to read too much into the SP rise as there is none for sale but I get the feeling something might be up.
Still got the feeling somethings up :p

Fits the thread theme pretty good too

drillfix
02-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Yup thats me ;)

Hey Entrep, well done at the start of the stock picking comp, you (so far) are leading.

"Entrep", 40.21%

Good stuff :)

Entrep
02-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Hey Entrep, well done at the start of the stock picking comp, you (so far) are leading.

"Entrep", 40.21%

Good stuff :)

Haha cheers drillfix, had no idea and am glad to be holding all my picks bar CCC! ;)

Ponda
03-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Have you guys had a look at WHN.
Currently at 3.3. There is some corporate activity that requires the shares to be at/above 10 cents for 10 continous days before some shares/options are issued. I'm not that flash at Due Diligence but some of you guys/girls know what your looking at.
There has been a massive volume shift lately as well.

DISC: I hold WHN

trackers
03-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Have you guys had a look at WHN.
Currently at 3.3. There is some corporate activity that requires the shares to be at/above 10 cents for 10 continous days before some shares/options are issued. I'm not that flash at Due Diligence but some of you guys/girls know what your looking at.
There has been a massive volume shift lately as well.

DISC: I hold WHN

Hmmm, there's 700mil shares at the moment, massive dilution if the below happens. The VWAP of above 10c thing is kinda interesting, but the oppies are 2013 so WHL won't be in a hurry to make sure those are in play.

I'd be more worried about WHL holders dumping 150mil shares into the market after the deal goes through

Under the agreement WHL Energy will acquire all of the issued capital of SEYCO in consideration for the issue to the Vendors of SEYCO of:
 150,000,000 ordinary fully paid shares of WHL Energy (75,000,000 shares will be subject to a voluntary escrow of 12 months post approval of acquisition);
 60,000,000 Class A options to acquire a further share, exercisable at 7.5 cents, which expire on 30 June 2012; and
 250,000,000 Class B options to subscribe for ordinary shares in the capital of the Company at an exercise price of $0.0001 per Class B option. The Class B options will expire on 31 December 2013 and will only vest subject to the following:
o WHL Energy entering into one or more unconditional binding farmin agreements with one or more third parties where the farminee/s have an obligation to spend not less than US$10,000,000 or 50% of the Work Commitment related to period two (including extensions); or
o the VWAP of WHL Energy’s shares as traded on ASX being 10 cents or more for 10 consecutive trading days.

Ponda
03-02-2011, 10:56 AM
Trackers, I seem to be following you around or you following me?? I think that that has great potential. Are you talking about the 150 million shares being placed on market?? It will only be 75 million as the rest will be escrowed. The 60 million class A options at 7.5 have a strike date of June 2012 so in 18 months (if they are in the money) you have doubled your money from today and the Class B options have very postive conditions attached to them.

I think that overall it looks promising (and and easy 5%er LOL)

Under the agreement WHL Energy will acquire all of the issued capital of SEYCO in consideration for the issue to the Vendors of SEYCO of:
 150,000,000 ordinary fully paid shares of WHL Energy (75,000,000 shares will be subject to a voluntary escrow of 12 months post approval of acquisition);
 60,000,000 Class A options to acquire a further share, exercisable at 7.5 cents, which expire on 30 June 2012; and
 250,000,000 Class B options to subscribe for ordinary shares in the capital of the Company at an exercise price of $0.0001 per Class B option. The Class B options will expire on 31 December 2013 and will only vest subject to the following:
o WHL Energy entering into one or more unconditional binding farmin agreements with one or more third parties where the farminee/s have an obligation to spend not less than US$10,000,000 or 50% of the Work Commitment related to period two (including extensions); or
o the VWAP of WHL Energy’s shares as traded on ASX being 10 cents or more for 10 consecutive trading days.

trackers
03-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Sorry for the stalking :D... Didn't notice the escrow, that helps. Has potential

STRAT
04-02-2011, 05:16 PM
I've got some money coming in tuesday next week (8 feb) and am keen to get some GLF with it. Do you guys expect it to still be a good punt that later on? Otherwise might have a look at some of the others mentioned in this thread.

Cheers guys.Leave it in the bank and learn the ropes first I reckon.

STRAT
04-02-2011, 07:24 PM
GOR
I really am impressed with this outfit. They have as busy year ahead and Im hoping some decent results.
I recently put up the argument on the Gold thread that they were in a trading range rather than in a downtrend since the last major spike with Phaedrus who had stated they were in a downtrend and probably following the POG.
Shortly after they fell out of "my" trading range and proved me wrong. Im sure nobody is particularly surprised, least of all me that he was of course right and I wasnt.

Today GOR slipped quietly through that trend line to finish on the days high. Not a lot of volume but worth a heads up perhaps.

Gold has also slipped through the trendline too.

I guess this means Market considers GOR to be at fair value right now and it will continue to follow the POG till they dig up more nuggets and Gold dust.

I came close to selling but didnt so have given myself the appropriate slap on the wrist.

drillfix
04-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Lots or running stocks today there Strat.

Another stock that ran is POZ Which ran from 12c to 20c with a 19.5c close for a 62.5% gain for the day.

Shucks, I scaled out 2 days ago at 11.5c but held on to half my holding just in case something starts to unfold so I guess damned if you do and damned if you dont but either way, I cant complain.

RonThePom, did you manage to get a hold of some of these when previously conversing about them? Seems to be something about to unfold yet last time I said that with another stock it then fizzled. So good luck to you if you did.

trackers
04-02-2011, 08:46 PM

Another stock that ran is POZ Which ran from 12c to 20c with a 19.5c close for a 62.5% gain for the day.

Shucks, I scaled out 2 days ago at 11.5c but held on to half my holding just in case something starts to unfold so I guess damned if you do and damned if you dont but either way, I cant complain.

RonThePom, did you manage to get a hold of some of these when previously conversing about them? Seems to be something about to unfold yet last time I said that with another stock it then fizzled. So good luck to you if you did.

I was bummed at missing POZ go from 10c to 11.5c... But was sitting there pondering buying some on open today! but didn't....

Phosphate juniors are cranking, I need to find some more

shasta
04-02-2011, 08:49 PM
I was bummed at missing POZ go from 10c to 11.5c... But was sitting there pondering buying some on open today! but didn't....

Phosphate juniors are cranking, I need to find some more

Trackers

SPQ has phosphate refer thread, & AIV + GMM have Potash/Lithium - not sure about Phosphate with them

KOR has an ann out today re phosphate too

trackers
04-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Hah, thanks Shasta am just now taking a break from researching AIV (incidentally up 12% today) Will have a look at SPQ too :)

evilroyrule
04-02-2011, 09:24 PM
GOR
I really am impressed with this outfit. They have as busy year ahead and Im hoping some decent results.
I recently put up the argument on the Gold thread that they were in a trading range rather than in a downtrend since the last major spike with Phaedrus who had stated they were in a downtrend and probably following the POG.
Shortly after they fell out of "my" trading range and proved me wrong. Im sure nobody is particularly surprised, least of all me that he was of course right and I wasnt.

Today GOR slipped quietly through that trend line to finish on the days high. Not a lot of volume but worth a heads up perhaps.

Gold has also slipped through the trendline too.

I guess this means Market considers GOR to be at fair value right now and it will continue to follow the POG till they dig up more nuggets and Gold dust.

I came close to selling but didnt so have given myself the appropriate slap on the wrist.

im with you strat. im still figuring out my approach to shares, but hold over 250k of these. with the cap raisng out of the way, and money to drill the pants off their land, i had thought to sit and wait out the year. that does tie up a portion of my portfolio, but the potential upside just seems to huge not to hang in there. plus im useless at going in and out of stocks. so am still holding. have thought about selling afew to divest but havent. as yet. lots of other stocks are running hard, partic. steves shell plays, which makes it hard to sit and watch. but for once im trying hard to be all grown up.

shasta
04-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Hah, thanks Shasta am just now taking a break from researching AIV (incidentally up 12% today) Will have a look at SPQ too :)

AIV has been on my low EV list for a while, just havent got around to starting a thread ;)

sheepy
04-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Drillfix, pulled my order for glfobs and got some crjos instead at 1.7, wack an order back on for some glfobs once I sell something, Have a look at acu, the palace resourse guys are steering the ship. These guys now how to get things moving. Just mention coal . Cheers,

drillfix
04-02-2011, 11:42 PM
Hi Sheepy,

Yeah got myself an into the CRJ heads the other day, I also have an order in for the options in 2 different accounts but I think I may need to cough up so to speak. Sometimes thats part of the game trying to get a decent entry into something prior to taking off on ya, or you can get in early and be sitting there for yonks watching others rolling away.

Have an order on GLF heads as I they seem to be a tad more flexible yet dont know if I will get a fill on that unless I up the bid a bit.

Decided to jump out of NDL after obtaining only moderately gains, but a gain nonetheless, also jumped into MOO but got out for brokerage, as not too sure what the complete story is on that one.

Grabbed some ECM as well for the long term account too on today's news of ECM to Aquire advanced lithium project in Austria which probably should get digested well by readers over the weekend.

ACU?

If you give me some enlightenment to why and when you feel something will happen I will be open to suggestions, as I dont really know much about ACU but will take a look. Honestly though sheepy, stocks like that with 104 Million at 0.002c and 59 Million+ at 0.004c I cant really seem to get into, as its to much like entering a game of monkey in the middle, and maybe its just my trading style as in I just dont have the patience for those type of plays, although I must admit I did get into SLT but then I never really held that stock for very long.

ronthepom
05-02-2011, 10:28 AM

Hi drilly,

yeah bought 100k at 10.5 but sold at 11.5 suppose you cant win em all lol. they were going nowhere but a big rise yesterday whats going on?

drillfix
05-02-2011, 06:23 PM
Hi drilly,

yeah bought 100k at 10.5 but sold at 11.5 suppose you cant win em all lol. they were going nowhere but a big rise yesterday whats going on?

Hi Ron,

Dunno mate, I think its on the back of the Egyptian politics among a few things, but I feel the rise is a bit too much to justify only that.

Guess time will tell if there is any more news to follow, if there is none then its obvious where the sp will end up.

STRAT
07-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Still got the feeling somethings up :p

Fits the thread theme pretty good tooSomethings up alright. The SP :lol:

Another one of Steves tips going strong.

This is the third day its tried out for 2c. Wonder if it will hold this time?

So who bought some before they got going?????

drillfix
07-02-2011, 05:36 PM
What Co are you talking about there strat?

STRAT
07-02-2011, 05:47 PM
What Co are you talking about there strat?Ooops:blush:

ROB

drillfix
08-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Just a heads up on CGV

Think we will see some movement yet again, but you never know with these sort of co's.

I am viewing the both Hourly chart and a daily, but primarily trade from an hourly.

Stumpynuts
08-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Hey guys,

Please keep an eye out for Universal Coal (UNV)
Potentially large future gains.

Not exactly breakout ATM but has risen steadily in such a short time frame.

drillfix
08-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Yesterday got a small parcel of ZRL at 2.3c

Anybody know much about this stock? Seems to be moving a bit today due to some article written in some spec pick mag or the likes but I believe its a copper? play dunno, but just gonna ride it and hopefully make some bucks.

drillfix
10-02-2011, 12:58 PM
CGV back up to where it last speculated ran to. up approx 40% again this morn on a agreement with an indian gas co.

looks like 10c is becoming support, but who knows with these stocks, it may rush off to test a new high, or fall between the cracks again.

Careful with any stock I reckon, with the ASX hovering around 5000 + or - then there will be a fair share of profit takers out there. Including me :P

Lego_Man
10-02-2011, 01:43 PM
I think the All Ords has a lot of catching up to do

Or alternatively, is it that the S&P has a lot of correcting to do?

percy
10-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Oh what a beautiful dream I had last night. In it ILF made a big move supported by good depth to reach a new high of 10c. No wait - that's actually happening! Or am I hallucinating again?

On a serious note, as I mentioned before ING is looking to offload all its funds. 3 are under offer or due diligence, 1 is a basket case, which leaves ILF - there should be a takeover offer on the horizon. Is this it?
Just keep sharing those dreams.I love them.

skeet
10-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Bought IOG today, 120ft Net pay, well to be a producer in the coming fortnight.

STRAT
13-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Heres one of Steves that is showing signs of life.
Depth is padding up too.

SLTSLT

This one has proved to be a bit of a winner so far. Another breakout after hitting the line 3 times.

Phaedrus. Could one call that a triple top prier to the move up or is the time frame too short?

Anna. You still hanging onto some of these? If I remember right we were bidding against each other so had to pay 0.5c instead of 0.4c :(

Anna Naum
13-02-2011, 02:53 PM
SLT

This one has proved to be a bit of a winner so far. Another breakout after hitting the line 3 times.

Phaedrus. Could one call that a triple top prier to the move up or is the time frame too short?

Anna. You still hanging onto some of these? If I remember right we were bidding against each other so had to pay 0.5c instead of 0.4c :(

Continue to hold this one thanks Strat. When they are 1.2c I do not mind having had to pay up!!

STRAT
13-02-2011, 10:33 PM
Continue to hold this one thanks Strat. When they are 1.2c I do not mind having had to pay up!!I guess but if wed paid 0.4 we would have 25% more stock and be another 60% up. :eek2:

Thats huge.

Anna Naum
14-02-2011, 06:55 AM
I guess but if wed paid 0.4 we would have 25% more stock and be another 60% up. :eek2:

Thats huge.

True but I missed STB by not paying an extra cent when they were 60c and look at them now!! And 25% more up 60% is not much use if we had not got set 0x60%=0

STRAT
14-02-2011, 07:43 AM
True but I missed STB by not paying an extra cent when they were 60c and look at them now!! And 25% more up 60% is not much use if we had not got set 0x60%=0Theres no argument for that :D

shasta
14-02-2011, 08:31 AM
Theres no argument for that :D

I thought TA wasnt about extracting that last cent (or part thereof), then again you if start picking the bottom & getting out at the very top, Phaedrus will be very proud :)

STRAT
14-02-2011, 10:46 AM
I thought TA wasnt about extracting that last cent (or part thereof), then again you if start picking the bottom & getting out at the very top, Phaedrus will be very proud :)Haha Mate.
Yeah but that wasnt the point and 0.4 wasnt the bottom.

My point was buy price is critical.
If one spends say 5k on a stock at .4c as apposed to 0.5c and that stock ran to 5c the difference would be a tidy $12,500 or an additional 250%

shasta
14-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Haha Mate.
Yeah but that wasnt the point and 0.4 wasnt the bottom.

My point was buy price is critical.
If one spends say 5k on a stock at .4c as apposed to 0.5c and that stock ran to 5c the difference would be a tidy $12,500 or an additional 250%

.5 to 5c & you're still edging for the extra 0.1c - this trading gig has made you a ruthless machine Strat ;)

STRAT
14-02-2011, 12:27 PM
.5 to 5c & you're still edging for the extra 0.1c - this trading gig has made you a ruthless machine Strat ;)lol

Example only.

but......................

Right now. 1.4c so the difference is.....................

anyway. I guess the point is made :D

Lookin like a good day today eh?

Im not on site.
The market is lookin strong
and the sun is shinning :)

shasta
14-02-2011, 01:49 PM
lol

Example only.

but......................

Right now. 1.4c so the difference is.....................

anyway. I guess the point is made :D

Lookin like a good day today eh?

Im not on site.
The market is lookin strong
and the sun is shinning :)

I went walkies earlier as its pissing down now in the nations capital, bit quieton the job front, so im following the markets myself :)

trackers
14-02-2011, 01:51 PM
FNT is absolutely cranking on no news (disc: none, recently sold). It has doubled in 10 days

STRAT
14-02-2011, 01:53 PM
FNT is absolutely cranking on no news (disc: none, recently sold). It has doubled in 10 daysIve done well out of that one a few times but watch for the dump :ohmy:;)

shasta
14-02-2011, 02:00 PM
FNT is absolutely cranking on no news (disc: none, recently sold). It has doubled in 10 days

Trackers

See the thread, its & P & D play thing

trackers
14-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Sweet, cheers guys it was worth a nibble at 14c but I wouldn't go near it now :)

Trying to find some decent TA targets, I've been a bit too focused on FA lately and its started to cost me money lol

STRAT
14-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Trackers

See the thread, its & P & D play thing
Speaking of P&D. Looks like theres a bit of that goin on today with SLT

shasta
14-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Ive done well out of that one a few times but watch for the dump :ohmy:;)

Clear ya Pm's ;)

STRAT
14-02-2011, 02:21 PM
Clear ya Pm's ;)
Done......................

Xerof
14-02-2011, 03:03 PM
FNT - I got in Friday week ago, at 15.5c after doing a bit of research on this one. Since then there has been pretty encouraging news out of the Company. I'm happy to hold, even if current action is a P&D (I personally don't think it is - I think independent commentary is quite compelling)

well worth a look guys (reminds me of how AVB unfolded)

shasta
14-02-2011, 03:08 PM
FNT - I got in Friday week ago, at 15.5c after doing a bit of research on this one. Since then there has been pretty encouraging news out of the Company. I'm happy to hold, even if current action is a P&D (I personally don't think it is - I think independent commentary is quite compelling)

In the past FNT has had dubious resource announcements (non JORC), issues with native title/access rights & Management aren't exactly a shining beckon of corporate governance

Then again i rode them like a pony a few years ago, cos that ship leaked like the Tongan ferry!

Xerof
14-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Noted thanks Shasta, although OK Tedi isn't too shabby a partner to have (very recent development)

I'm wary of ****e management so will not get too blue eyed on it

denpal
14-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Check out glf and elm two classic breakouts on the charts.....no guarantees that they will be sustained of course, DYOR as always!

OutToLunch
14-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Noted thanks Shasta, although OK Tedi isn't too shabby a partner to have (very recent development)

I'm wary of ****e management so will not get too blue eyed on it

I agrede on the governance side. A real "keep it in the family" show. However as Xerof saysm, OT are as good a JV partner as one could hope for and the latest prospects look like they could be huge if the results so far are confirmed by drilling. Today's share price action surely can't be sustained in the short term, but it is a nice indicator of what may be to come. More sampling results are due at the end of this month.

denpal
15-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Check out glf and elm two classic breakouts on the charts.....no guarantees that they will be sustained of course, DYOR as always!

so far so good today, ELM now $2.10, GLF 5.8c.

newbe
15-02-2011, 02:26 PM
A big thanks to those that alerted me of ZRL, bought in at 2.9. Shes flying today!

Xerof
17-02-2011, 09:46 PM

Strong close today at 34. Not bad for less than 2 weeks - hope I got some company for the ride?

drillfix
17-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Haaahaa Xerof, good stuff mate, and I wish I was keeping you company mate, but not lucky enough to be on for the ride.

Good luck with the rest of your lonely "but profitable" ride :)

drillfix
18-02-2011, 01:54 PM
As this thread is called breakouts and other FUN stuff.

Here is a bit of NOT FUN.

I have a sell order in ECM, but some twat Broker or Insto has a SELL BOT hanging on my arse so no matter what I do, the BOT will beat me to the punch no matter if I try to get out at any price.

Meaning, If you watch ECM there is a BOT order at 9.7c for 15,000

Now if I try to put my order before him at 9.6c, the BOT order then places its order at 9.5c for 15,000

The same thing goes for when you change the Sizes from 15K down to say 11K, or to say 7K, the bot duplicates your order but just cue's up before you.

I have experienced bots an in fact with IB I have the ability to do the same thing and run Algorithmic commands to accumulate or distribute however this is turning into a pain in the arse when you least want it.

I will play with the BOT for 2 minutes, so check this out folks, watch the depth of ECM and refresh the prices so you can see these BOT movements in action.

ps: I will change the order between 11,000, to 12,000 to 13,000 and you can see the BOT matching this and always 1 seller in each row.

(unless somebody else comes along).

trackers
18-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Is it trying to exploit the bid/ask spread or something? 91c-97c is a decent return if you can play both sides at once

drillfix
18-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Well, thats it done, did anybody see that?

Seems somebody wants a nice chunk of ECM at 9.1c but maybe thats a counter BOT to enable Monkey in the Middle for whoever it is that wishes to accumulate under 10c but over 9c.

Ahh well, such as life.

Will post some screen shots for you. If anybody care to see them though.

drillfix
18-02-2011, 02:14 PM
Is it trying to exploit the bid/ask spread or something? 91c-97c is a decent return if you can play both sides at once

Yes it is trackers, its basically Forcing you to ake Market as in you have no other option.

Who ever has this setup is in control, as you no matter what size you try to do, (I could be wrong about the larger sizes though) it will beat you to the punch and only leave you to sell to the Bid, but they have saw whats going on so they have put it up 0.001c increase to show that they will let you out at that (if you wish to get out at that).

Just dont like it when BOTS are in control (for the time being).

See, my sell is now 15,000 at 9.7c and the BOT is at 9.6, I pushed him down to 9.4c previously, but nobody is taking him out, because that would mean, he would be taking himself out because the BOT is also the bidder. (or the pair of bidders.)

trackers
18-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Bastards... Sounds profitable :D

I noticed the automated accum/distro function on the IB platform when I was playing with it last time... interesting (and a bit scary)

drillfix
18-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Well check this out Trackers,

http://i53.tinypic.com/vys2fo.png

There is a couple of screens shot together showing the frigging annoyance.

I dont mind BOTs but when they are there to box you in, I think this is Digital manipulation and to some degree should be reported.

Either that, or one has to say F it, why dont I just do the same myself and act accordingly and join the ranks of BOT Wars.

add/edit:

This is funny, because sometimes the BOT lets you join it on the sell sometimes, say if I move my 11,000 to 9.6c it will then turn to 22,000 at 9.6c

However if I move my 11K to 9.5 the BOT then moves to 9.4c , meaning, it wont join you, but you can join it.

If you also then increase your order to 12,000 shares the BOT will remain at 11,000 shares providing that it is in front of you.

But if you move backwards it will follow and match you move.

Watch this, I will move a 15K sell to join others at 9.8c so the BOT will move to 9.7c to but I wonder what will happen to the bot size?
ANSWER= The Bot defaulted back to 15K no matter which size I choose with the others.

I have now moved my sell back to 9.9c accordingly to wait to see if somebody will take out the BOT.

I may also put an order in for 9.2c to see if the BOTS are moving forward on the Bid.

evilroyrule
18-02-2011, 02:35 PM
did you ever see robot wars?? that was the coolest program ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

upside_umop
18-02-2011, 02:36 PM
That sounds like a good situation to me drillfix. It's increasing liquidity and therefore atrracting new investors due the 'liquidity premium' being reduced.

Xerof
18-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Drilly, the BOT allows you to join it, as it is first in line at that price. It won't join you coz it would be second, therefore it trumps your price instead

ps must be quiet at your place.....teasing BOTS on a friday .......

drillfix
18-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Drilly, the BOT allows you to join it, as it is first in line at that price. It won't join you coz it would be second, therefore it trumps your price instead

ps must be quiet at your place.....teasing BOTS on a friday .......

Yeah I think I got that one Xerof.

Bots can be programmed either way, and either time or scale based to whatever takes their Algorithmic fancy.

LOL but yes your right, it is quiet, and I think I may even call it an early day or go out for a couple hours and come back at end of market.

drillfix
18-02-2011, 02:58 PM
That sounds like a good situation to me drillfix. It's increasing liquidity and therefore atrracting new investors due the 'liquidity premium' being reduced.

UU,

I think it may even have something to do with some 3c shares that will be coming on to the market soon via placement to those for getting or obtaining the Lithium in Austria project/Acquisition.

Many (including some people I know) were hoping the price was gonna fall back to 3.5c there abouts so they can accumulate bucket loads around the 4c mark.

But the way I have been watching this and the climb and retrace it appears somebody wants a rather large piece of this and at some stage there will be a re-rating involved, but how and when is still unclear. Though usually insiders will know so hence why sell it off for a minor double bagger when they can eventually sell it off for an eventual 5 bagger, IMO.

Anybody else have thoughts on this ECM story that you could share? Am keen to hear various views and perspective of this and its new direction/asset.

drillfix
18-02-2011, 03:01 PM
did you ever see robot wars?? that was the coolest program ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes ER, bit of a burger movie but entertaining all the same :P

shasta
18-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Yeah I think I got that one Xerof.

Bots can be programmed either way, and either time or scale based to whatever takes their Algorithmic fancy.

LOL but yes your right, it is quiet, and I think I may even call it an early day or go out for a couple hours and come back at end of market.

You crack me up Drilly, fighting the bots on a friday arvo...

Hardly fair play is it, but as Trackers mentioned, ride it both ways

trackers
18-02-2011, 03:06 PM
You crack me up Drilly, fighting the bots on a friday arvo...

Hardly fair play is it, but as Trackers mentioned, ride it both ways

Exactly ^ Drilly why don't see if there's a bot on the bid too, then bid that baby up and sell your parcel at market? :)

evilroyrule
18-02-2011, 03:09 PM
what the fok is a burger movie???? this was a documentary on people who make robts to fight each other. a real US competition. me go googling.....

drillfix
18-02-2011, 03:37 PM
what the fok is a burger movie???? this was a documentary on people who make robts to fight each other. a real US competition. me go googling.....

Oh, sorry ER, I thought you were meaning a movie called Robot Wars, or it may have been Robot Jox or something like that..lol

There was a cool BBC series called Battle Bots which was on early SAT at 6am or something, humans with their robots smashing the sh#t out of each other till only one left is the winner type thing.

Exactly ^ Drilly why don't see if there's a bot on the bid too, then bid that baby up and sell your parcel at market? :)

I did trackers, mentioned that in my other post, I put a bid in and then nothing.

I then see somebody else put a bit in and got taken out. I then saw a seller at 9.2c so I then Bid 10K down to 9.5 and the other Bot pushed the other bot into the sell...LOL (or at least it appeared that way).

You cant really take advantage of this, because you will get trapped, because you cant control where you enter nor exit, so this is a game that I do not recommend, unless you have plenty of stock, plenty of time, and of course plenty of money to setup a competing BOT to try to get the edge.

You will find that both Bots will break even as they go head to head or unless you Algo is better, faster, smarter or more tatical than theirs with your expressions written to define or potentially predict the cause and effect type thing.

Shasta, mate I dont mean to sound square and play battle bots on Friday, but I was gonna try to wind up today a bit early for a while cause I got some stuff to do, and then I go to exit and thought WTF, why oh why on a Friday do I get caught up with some Algo cr@p sitting on my trade (or prior my trade) this subtracts profits.

I believe ECM will sit here like a good dog until its master decides what to do with these 80+Million shares coming on to market. I think the market will be interested too as this also means a new Lithium Advanced project could be coming online unlike in the near distant future which is virtually directly from the Austrian Gov.

drillfix
18-02-2011, 04:26 PM
KW, tell ya what, swap Bots mate, what ya reckon?

Haaa, I just pushed the ECM bot down to a sell of 9.6c (again).

Time to go out folks, catch ya for the EOD.

drillfix
18-02-2011, 05:40 PM
GLF folks,

breakout at 6.3c but will it hold?, looks like it. potentially straight up to 10c quick smart by monday, tues, wed next week, IMO.

Or will there be the famous GLF end of day sell off ..lol.

trackers
04-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Could be an interesting day for YTC... Thoughts on a breakout?

drillfix
04-03-2011, 12:11 PM

Hi Trackers,

I reckon watch out if it fails to breakout of 61.5c

Meaning its looking like Double Tops to me and the Hourly MACD positive histogram is showing Divergence towards going negative, as well as signal line crossing which means "the party is nearly over" in the next couple of hours or Monday imo.

Anyways, the other negative thing is the 15 min chart ema is breached, if that starts, the hourly follows.

trackers
04-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Thanks for that Drilly will keep my eye on it closely!

drillfix
04-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Thanks for that Drilly will keep my eye on it closely!

Interesting finish for YTC there Trackers.

Closed on the High of the day and just half a point short of the 52 week high.

Would be good to see this punch through so it can break up that double top appearance though I guess the question is will be, does the stock have the fundamentals to keep investors keen to maintain the little rally its had, and will markets hold up well in its favour?

Like with any stock, time will tell us all the answer to this.

Will add a YTC daily and weekly over the weekend as I will be also doing one while watching CBZ with KW as that too had a strong finish.

Actually, many stocks held up and had a strong finish today, looks like lot of money coming into the XAO, the miners and the spec end of town.

Cheers for now :)

drillfix
04-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Speaking of breakouts and strong finishes - WHN totally qualifies. This is yet another stock I bought, watched it go down 20%, ummed and ahhed about flicking it, held on, and was amply rewarded. Now hopefully it will have a nice little run up.

Sheezus, yeah KW.

Feel like a real goose now for not buying it for @ 3c after the previous rally to 4c

As I say, the market in general was in rally mode today, plenty of upside to heaps of stocks.

Here is a list with anything that is over 20%

MRC 55.8%
GMM 52.94%
AVQ 27.78%
WHN 26.32%
QNL 26.19%
CVG 25.00%
MWS 25.00
PEX 22.22%
PCP 22.22%
CUX 21.62%
SOI 21.43%
SRZ 20.59%

ooppssss KW dont forget CBZ 15.63$ :)

Anyways, surely many here got a piece of some of these.

Some will continue with good global markets and strong leads, some will fizzle waiting for news.

Catch ya all later on ~!

drillfix
04-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Better yet,

Here is the complete list which I have set to auto refresh and providing each stock volume is over 500,000 trades shares.

Check it out:

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/j5m798v9qn890is3sgr7.png

Cheers again~!

percy
05-03-2011, 07:53 AM
Guess what? Sold CVG on the last dip :-( I'm so bad at this timing thing, I ought to be my own indicator :-)

That's what we all feel at times.!!! I suppose getting the odd one wrong is a wake up call.

Phaedrus
05-03-2011, 09:10 AM
There is something odd about your list Drilly - it's way, way too short. Many stocks with Friday gains of over 8.7% with more than 500,000 shares traded are missing.

For example, stocks like AAK, RSN and EXM with gains of 30% to 50% and volumes of 2.2 million to 16 million are not there.

I was wondering whether perhaps you had set a minimum market cap or something, but high gain stocks like BAU, MSB, and NDO that are in the AllOrds Index, with volumes of 1.3 million to 11 million, are not there either.

Vot giffs?

Jess9
05-03-2011, 02:53 PM
...LMG next week ; )

Cannibal
06-03-2011, 05:08 AM
Why do you say that please?

drillfix
07-03-2011, 05:35 AM
There is something odd about your list Drilly - it's way, way too short. Many stocks with Friday gains of over 8.7% with more than 500,000 shares traded are missing.

For example, stocks like AAK, RSN and EXM with gains of 30% to 50% and volumes of 2.2 million to 16 million are not there.

I was wondering whether perhaps you had set a minimum market cap or something, but high gain stocks like BAU, MSB, and NDO that are in the AllOrds Index, with volumes of 1.3 million to 11 million, are not there either.

Vot giffs?

Good valid points there Phaedrus,

Not sure at this present moment, but I do comprehend what you mean as I have saw other occasional lists from others posted and thought to myself, whats up with this this.

Not logged on to my IB acc but I will do a check through to see what parameters are being scanned. I believe there is a price selection set also which could be stocks that are over 1c and under 100c and with at least a volume of 500,000, but I will need to double check why its not picking up or scanning effectively.

Have had a couple of other both minor and major issues with IB and to get an exact answer from them is like a chore in itself at times.

Was also wondering if when doing these scans if it does addon to the the data count or as in, if it does a symbol count for data? Meaning, If I have another 3 watch lists with 30 stocks on each list, and then 3 scan lists also being tracked, and each of those lists gives up to 50 symbols, I may be getting cut of or to a limit, but still not exactly sure.

Cheers for mentioning this though, will look further into it.

shasta
07-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Just a heads up that Silver rebounded strongly & was up $1.44 to $US35.67/oz Friday night, those who may benefit are...

AYN, CCU, ARD, SVL, GRM, PEX, PEM, GES, FRY, MAR

Phaedrus
07-03-2011, 10:38 AM
There may well be another filter being applied in there somewhere, Drilly. I certainly found it a bit disconcerting to see that my star performing stock of the day had been missed off the list!

I feel that having a "number of shares traded" filter is not a good idea when share prices can vary from less than a cent to over $100. A stock with a daily turnover of more than $50,000,000 is filtered out while a stock with a daily turnover of just $5,000 gets on the list. To my mind a "minimum $ turnover/day" filter makes a lot more sense.

drillfix
07-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the suggestions there Phaedrus.

Please dont be disconcert about any of my scans Mr. P as I believe it was set in the moment with certain preferences at the time in mind.

I think my reasoning for the selection on volume and price were to find certain type of stocks at that time where by, I could care less if a stock went up 100% if it only traded 20,000 volume among the day as the liquidity would be a problem in not just chasing the stock getting in but getting out could pose to also be a big problem.

Will do a reset and post at the some results with a new scan in the next hour to midday approx.

Cheers.

drillfix
07-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Ok, here are the filters completely removed so this is the Auto scans of the Gainers, Losers and Most active around approx just past 9:30am

Monday 9:30 AM Gainers Scan

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/g3skrqx3wh5ebzwbjbuc.png

Monday 9:30 AM Losers Scan

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/cm4iqhrskdbb35o8ts3.png

Monday 9:30 AM Most Active Scan

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/j05unfr5af1zfk66jzf.png

Obviously this will change throughout the day so will do one at the EOD as well to see what the plain results are.

Cheers.

drillfix
07-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Tell ya what, whoever jumped onboard those GLFOB's previously below 2c would be doing alright by now.

IMO, I believe GLF technically will test 10c sometime this week and then, with and if the fundamentals present themselves to the market to what the market is expecting, there should be an easy march to 17c.

If this seems like a wild and large call to make then fair enough, I understand and would probably agree, but having held this stock for quite some time and watched it, the sentiment for the long is completely to the upside. But never forget that, as will all stocks "global market condition pending" of course.

Tip:
Usually,
GLF and GLFOB seem to rise during the day, then fall around to midday, but then rise up in the afternoon, and then fall back down and sell off at the EOD (but pending on the day they can also rally). If trading take those patterns into consideration and also time your entry and exit accordingly.

drillfix
07-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Ok, here are the scans done right on market close of 4:10pm so this should either be helpful, or make me aware that I am completely wasting my time :P

Forgot to also mention, No filters added to these scans what so ever.

Monday 4:10 PM Gainers Scan

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/axt71ba44ymtaemmt.png

Monday 4:10 PM Losers Scan

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/up8a1xpb83zje9yftqmq.png

Monday 4:10 PM Most Active Scan

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/z8969xb3emv4y5t7tp5.png

How does this compare with all your scanners out there everybody? Do things match up or are there missing stocks?

Cheers folks.

Will also post a XAO update chart in the ASX thread later on tonight as well for those interested.

Phaedrus
07-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Nah, there is still something badly amiss with your lists, Drilly.
Even of the relatively small number of AllOrds stocks that I actively follow,
these 4 should be on your "Big gainers" list, and are not :-
AMX, CGX, LYL, SRQ.

drillfix
08-03-2011, 03:13 AM
Ahh shucks, I am getting a little worried about this IB scanner.

Tell you what, one last crack at the posting at midday and end of market, but with the exception of I will completely delete the current scans, save and exit, log back in, create new scan x 3 again and see how that goes with the plain defaults.

Dont understand why such Big Gainers are not showing up so would like to at least understand why.

Cheers for the feedback!

drillfix
08-03-2011, 01:53 PM
As this thread is called breakouts and other fun stuff,

CRE

The daily and hourly chart previously have fell over on bad weather news which sold off this stock & it now appears now oversold.

The 60 minute chart which I usually like to enter/exit from is now turning up with MACD signal line crossed in the neg zone and also the histogram turning positive which is a great signal (imo) adding to this the price has punched through the 13EMA which to me signals the bounce has begun.

Other daily indicators appear set to start to rise (obv, ris, w%R, macd).

Will post an update on the hourly should it decide to turn back.

ps:
although I should have also mentioned the stock also appears to be in a down trend so extreme caution is required.

drillfix
08-03-2011, 02:54 PM
I see any momentum starting to weakne.

Cancel that Order with Fries please.

This trade for me is now done so I am now out.

After consideration, money better injected elsewhere imo.

drillfix
08-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Nah, there is still something badly amiss with your lists, Drilly.
Even of the relatively small number of AllOrds stocks that I actively follow,
these 4 should be on your "Big gainers" list, and are not :-
AMX, CGX, LYL, SRQ.

Phaedrus here is an EOD of the Highest % Gainers.

Please do tell me you see what you see in your scans.

Tuesday EOD Gainers List scanned with IB >>>> http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/4l5f4qhh41m10wo70hfb.png

Failing, if I had a window I could throw this scanner out of, I would.

ps: Had weird scan this morning and set the only 1 condition to must have volume more the 100 which gave me an improved result.

Phaedrus
08-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Just as bad, I'm afraid Drilly. Many stocks were missed off the list including JRV, ALU, ETE, RHT etc. You've been posting a lot today on CZN and must have noticed that it rose 12% today - but it's not on the list either.
I don't have time to identify all the omissions, but it is obvious that an awful lot of Options with rises of 20% to 100% were missed out as well.

trackers
09-03-2011, 01:36 PM

Anyone else get onboard this? Just sold half... Hope Airedale is still holding

drillfix
09-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Just as bad, I'm afraid Drilly. Many stocks were missed off the list including JRV, ALU, ETE, RHT etc. You've been posting a lot today on CZN and must have noticed that it rose 12% today - but it's not on the list either.
I don't have time to identify all the omissions, but it is obvious that an awful lot of Options with rises of 20% to 100% were missed out as well.

Hi Phaedrus,

Yep as you point out, I think I even noticed that when a stock I held never had never shown up so yeah mate, I am completely Jack of this IB scanner piece of junk.

Have posted to somebody else about some of the pro' and cons with IB's TWS which is like a clunky old battle ship with plenty of bugs here, there and everywhere.

Dont know what to do as I also use a retail broker (commsec) to reference some of the IB movement and vice versa.

Where do you get your scans from, your charting application?

I think I may eventually make a move towards MultiCharts but if I am using the IB for data, I think the cause and effect will be one of the same, so will need to investigate further on this matter.

So, in the meantime, its just it is what, it is I am sorry to say so apologies to all for posting inaccurate results or showing half baked scans :P

STRAT
09-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Just got in. Good day all round fellas?

Looks like it might be time to get rid of the last of the BKP soon :D

Jay
09-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Just got in. Good day all round fellas?

Looks like it might be time to get rid of the last of the BKP soon :D

Thinking that as well Strat - although nice rise so far today

drillfix
09-03-2011, 04:25 PM
This trade for me is now done so I am now out.

After consideration, money better injected elsewhere imo.

With regards to CRE,

Thank goodness for yesterdays way of thinking, escaped by the skin of my fingers.

Hey Strat, good to see ya back :)

Where exactly where you though and is everything ok mate?

STRAT
09-03-2011, 06:04 PM
With regards to CRE,

Thank goodness for yesterdays way of thinking, escaped by the skin of my fingers.

Hey Strat, good to see ya back :)

Where exactly where you though and is everything ok mate?Hi Drilly.
I havent been anywhere.
Just to busy workin to be makin money.
The real job has had me run off my feet the last two months.

Oiler
09-03-2011, 07:09 PM
I havent been anywhere.
Just to busy workin to be makin money.
The real job has had me run off my feet the last two months.

Hahaha welcome to the real world my friend, the story of my life. :D

upside_umop
09-03-2011, 07:20 PM
You were on BKP strat? Nice.
They popped up on my radar with a bit of shale potential....they some nice permits and look like they could be juicy too!
I don't have any and am just watching...

Jess9
09-03-2011, 08:31 PM
LMG looks set.

moimoi
09-03-2011, 10:30 PM
confirmed uptrend warning :-) = ASX:ALL

STRAT
09-03-2011, 11:03 PM
You were on BKP strat? Nice.
They popped up on my radar with a bit of shale potential....they some nice permits and look like they could be juicy too!
I don't have any and am just watching...Hi Ooooomop
Since half a cent but let two thirds go ages ago between 1.6 and 1.8 I think. Anyway, its all in this thread.
It was always gonna be a sell before spud play but as you say, juicey. If they strike oil it will go off. What are the chances of that though?

STRAT
09-03-2011, 11:07 PM
Hahaha welcome to the real world my friend, the story of my life. :DHi G
Ive been workin my arse off. Literally. Ive walked and climbed off 5kg in the last 6 weeks lol

drillfix
10-03-2011, 12:09 AM
Anybody looking at SUR with regards to a Besb's play?

Been smashed back down since the last missed drilling and should pickup again with more drills to come.

Took another small position again this time at 5.3c, may even day trade it or park some more cash in it for another small parcel to add to the position, who knows, day by day.

Well done on BKP Strat.

drillfix
10-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Anybody looking at SUR with regards to a Besb's play?
Took another small position again this time at 5.3c

Cancel that order with Fries please, as I am now out of SUR @ 5.2c for a small loss as I am now going cash.

Currently, I am now 40% cash

Should further falls continue then will move that to 80% accordingly.

IMHO, caution required here folks, a new Lower Low could be on its way on the XAO which mean we all may need to make some partial adjustments at least depending on your risk/buffer/situation etc etc.

Jay
10-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Out of BKP today - last 1/2 - downward pressure today plus the delay in drilling etc etc
Nice 100%+ profit though

drillfix
10-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Good one Jay.

At this precise moment of time "anything" as I type is a good profit. (imo)

Jay
10-03-2011, 04:29 PM
Thnaks Drillfix

Yes sold out of a few over the last 2 days

Interesting that out of the shares i'm watching/holding GOR is the only one moving up today

drillfix
10-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Havent got GOR on my watcher, but some others I can see sitting green or trading flat. Either in a watch list or scanner

Jess9
25-03-2011, 08:29 PM
lmg is off!!!

drillfix
28-03-2011, 12:58 PM
So folks, whats happened to this thread, it seems to completely have fallen to sleep.

Anybody trading breakouts for the day, then sound off and lets hear some quacks from the gallery :P

STRAT
28-03-2011, 01:08 PM
quack---TSV----quack quack

drillfix
28-03-2011, 01:28 PM
quack---TSV----quack quack

LOL your funny Strat. I knew the thread starter would be one of the 1st to start quacking :P

With regards to TSV, I am wondering if it will maintain the momentum upwards or remain in the 2-3c trading rang it currently sits in.

2c would have been a nice entry here (of course 1.2c would have been better but thats come and gone), so not sure if buying right now is warranted from how I see this, as right now is a nice time to sell by looking at the indicators on the chart, though it may have legs, it may not.

Any fundamentals here that will warrant a continued rise there Strat?

STRAT
28-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Any fundamentals here that will warrant a continued rise there Strat?Dont do funnymentals but looks like a potential BESBS play to me.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20110328/pdf/41xp8mkg8rwtw7.pdf

STRAT
28-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Well done on BKP Strat.Speaking of BESBS Drilly. I decided to hang onto the last of my BKP. Wish me luck lol.

drillfix
28-03-2011, 05:15 PM
Speaking of BESBS Drilly. I decided to hang onto the last of my BKP. Wish me luck lol.

Good luck with that one Strat, hope you do well from it.

SUR is another stock completely sold down, was gonna buy a few but decided not to as there are other things going on atm.

GLF making a run up the stair case again, I am sure one of these days it is just gonna fly through the 9-10c barrier into the land of ReRating so that is both a Day / Swing trade and a Long Term hold for me.

Previously also bought some RHT (a bio health type stock) at 2c which now is technically about to also get set, so think I may add to the position there but trying to keep the pulse on the XAO overall so I can keep some cash liquid for circulating when need be.

Good luck again there Strat.

Oiler
28-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Dont do funnymentals but looks like a potential BESBS play to me.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20110328/pdf/41xp8mkg8rwtw7.pdf

Funny man doesnt do funnymentals :laugh:.......... yeah right.

I would agree BESBS play.

STRAT
28-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Good luck with that one Strat, hope you do well from it.

SUR is another stock completely sold down, was gonna buy a few but decided not to as there are other things going on atm.

GLF making a run up the stair case again, I am sure one of these days it is just gonna fly through the 9-10c barrier into the land of ReRating so that is both a Day / Swing trade and a Long Term hold for me.

Previously also bought some RHT (a bio health type stock) at 2c which now is technically about to also get set, so think I may add to the position there but trying to keep the pulse on the XAO overall so I can keep some cash liquid for circulating when need be.

Good luck again there Strat.Thanks Drilly. I may need it :eek2:

There was an interesting discussion at the weekend on the All Ords thread started by Liz and the bottom line was "To sell or not to sell" It highlighted for me different strategies and use of TA around different preferred activity levels and time frames.
The stock Liz posted about was a clear sell and later a clear buy back and I do that a fair bit. I have owned for example VPE around 6 to 8 times and done OK ( not great ) with it but I prefer to be as inactive as possible and do like to give stocks with a healthy profit room to move. So my answer to Liz would have been had the subject not already been covered by smarter people than I already " It depends on entry price"

An example is TEXOB
I bought a few of these at 0.5c in Oct last year. They gave a clear sell signal in Feb between 2 and 3c but I hung onto them and it has proven a good move. Had I bought them at a higher price I would have let em go.
BKP is a similar situation.
Buy in av price half a cent. 2/3 sold between 1.5 and 2 cents. This certainly takes the heat off a risky BESBS play I reckon.

PS Its qualifies as a breakout now too lol. Or did the other day

STRAT
28-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Funny man doesnt do funnymentals :laugh:.......... yeah right.

I would agree BESBS play.Hi G.
Lookin forward to catchin up with ya next month.

Oh and I dont. I use yours and other peoples :p:lol:

STRAT
28-03-2011, 07:44 PM
.Hmm.
I like this chart Drilly.
Two funny questions though.
What did they do so wrong and what are they doing to change all that?

drillfix
28-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Hmm.
I like this chart Drilly.
Two funny questions though.
What did they do so wrong and what are they doing to change all that?

Strat, I cant remember off the top of my head because the trade had come and gone a couple of times and once I was out, I noticed a huge fall and was considering re-entry, and missed out at 3c but Oh well, thats the way it happens, just was not meant to be and I can live with that.

From the top of my head, I think they partner on a few tenements with another Gas Co so they badly missed in Thailand, that was the start, and then some other bad news which for the life of me, I cannot remember.

May read up on it again later tonight or tomorrow, yet I dont like to be too unfocussed on what else I should be focussing on when the XAO is half in no mans land direction wise. So in one hand, waiting to do some buys and on the other, waiting to pull some pins, and with the third invisible hand, just scratching my heading wondering, where is my nice cup of WTF like in your previous picture LOL

STRAT
28-03-2011, 10:47 PM
just scratching my heading wondering, where is my nice cup of WTF like in your previous picture LOLDo you mean a nice hot cup of STFU?
Cant think of a reason why you deserve one. You are almost always nice to everyone.

drillfix
29-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Do you mean a nice hot cup of STFU?
Cant think of a reason why you deserve one. You are almost always nice to everyone.

LOL Strat, thats the one.

Nice? maybe so, but I guess sometimes I can be a complete Blether and need a good cup of STFU.

Did you do any further reading on SUR?

The company which they seem to drill in kahoots with is CVN (Carnarvon Petroleum).

Looks like they previously did a few Hit and Misses but primarily falling on the Mrs. which meant they were (insert rhyme here) + (time to drink STFU)
Or in short the wells plugged and abandoned.

I took a small position in SUR at 3.4c a short while ago, looks like its crossed over on the hourly and the daily MACD looks good and RSI slowly heading to the midzone plus OBV is very very low and I dont think it will go much lower so will see how it pans out, either it will ride upwards on the hourly over the next few days or is not.

Cheers~!

ps: just another thought about the hourly, MACD on the hourly seems to not have conviction at the and could take a breather so caution there..
Daily has risen up to touch/test the 13ema and BADLY needs to break and hold above 3.8c to catch the train upwards to test a potential 5c+ which can easily be done with some conviction or should some traders get wind of it.

STRAT
29-03-2011, 03:51 PM
ps: just another thought about the hourly, MACD on the hourly seems to not have conviction at the and could take a breather so caution there..
Dont use MacD or hourly indicators.
Havent found MacD all that useful and hourly? I dont think that fast let alone react that fast.

drillfix
29-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Dont use MacD or hourly indicators.
Havent found MacD all that useful and hourly? I dont think that fast let alone react that fast.

Strat...LOL

The hourly for many stocks is a nice pace to be trading rather than the 30 second or minute charts that can give you a heart attack if you turn your head to answer a telephone.

Certain types of stocks or behaviour momentum stocks give the Hourly and MACD plus a 13ema indicator a easy simple story to tell you exactly where to be in or out, without the debates or bollocks.

Of course, as soon as the some chop starts to form on any hourly its time to view it via a 15 or 5 minute and probably get out unless you entered in on the daily.

Or perhaps I should say, certain stocks that have movement and a direction are better traded IMO on an hourly.

Many stocks have a rally for a day or two or 3 and then sit idle and consolidate for weeks, other stocks trade in a range, the hourly is also great for trading those range stocks whereby you know they will go up again, and you also know they will go down again. Providing there is movement and direction you can see it extremely clear and if you are continually honest with yourself the answer of what to do and when is simple and clear.

Its not the only method nor is recommended for everybody, as if everybody has RT data they find their own dance, be it a tango or waltz or a cha cha with whatever time frame suits or works with whatever stock, or chart period including whatever indicators.

Check it out sometime for some stocks, it works a treat :)

ps:
Should have also added that, I use that in conjunction with the other charts being Daily, 15min, 5 min as well so the 60 min is only an extension to your choice of stock, but the additional point is, if I enter on a 60 min chart, I will also exit on a 60 min chart.

drillfix
29-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Looks like URA is having its days in the sun again.

Thats what happens when you get all the HC Red Heart brigade trading the cr@p out of it and their ARMY of idiots who care nothing except to Ramp any story they can for the day or two or 3 that provides convenience to their wallets.

Kate H is probably getting worried that if the SP moves too much then she will become paranoid that people actually believed her Carrot talk to a company that is still not many Know very much About.

Strat, dont know if you follow the stock, but have you read any of the comments over there on HC about what some of these rampers are saying? Its incredible the comparisons going on with some saying its a Dollar plus stock and god knows what else figures, which only from a company that has been so close to Bust just a short while ago that its not funny.

Moderation is a sleep at the wheel on this one over there on HC that's for sure, which is why its over there and not HC than here on ST, thankfully!

STRAT
29-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Strat, dont know if you follow the stock, but have you read any of the comments over there on HC about what some of these rampers are saying? Its incredible the comparisons going on with some saying its a Dollar plus stock and god knows what else figures, which only from a company that has been so close to Bust just a short while ago that its not funny.

Moderation is a sleep at the wheel on this one over there on HC that's for sure, which is why its over there and not HC than here on ST, thankfully!Not really. Just stick my nose in from time to time and only visit HC every now and then. Usually to find goss on stocks not getting a mention elsewhere.

drillfix
29-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Ahh, no worries Strat.

Well, I will say, its a funny hilarious story.

Being, all of a sudden you have 50 experts both at trading and experts on Manganese.

Everybody posting elaborate figures ONLY to feather their own short term pockets.

The only guy (sydney6791) who actually makes any sense from reading a previous URA ann correctly goes completely unheard and ignored yet says:

MnO2 60% is only at $150/t in the Chinese market.

MnO2 50% is much cheaper.

No idea how people value this company, it's MnO2, Not Mn%.

What a bunch of desperado characters all ripping a bit of wale meat off the flesh while the caucus is still twitching.

I mean, do a trade sure thing, fair is fair, but to see the teeth and lies and belief's drooling out of these people is absolutely outlandish like dogs with rabbi's that need to be shot and put down.

Guess it goes in the Circle of Kate Hobbs and her company. Yet its funny why Archer 747 is not amongst them to claim some type of knowledge prize having been a previous holder?

Ahh well. ZED no doubt will set the record straight once a pack of them have lost half their Dosh in the next couple of weeks only to find and discover DELAY after DELAY until which eventually there will be NO DEAL, and then all those previous holders who got sucked in by the Production Word, or what was it on the BRR tape? Production, even without JORC, how Kate Hobbs is that, just sell the stuff, dont worry about totals and grades and stuff, just sell it now because we need money and fresh shareholder Suckers. CLASSIC.

percy
29-03-2011, 06:28 PM
drillfix.a word of warning.Rampers R Us are preparing their ramping attack on NDL.When they strike they will make the posters on HC look like virgins in the whorehouse.

scorp57
29-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Ahh, no worries Strat.

Well, I will say, its a funny hilarious story.

Being, all of a sudden you have 50 experts both at trading and experts on Manganese.

Everybody posting elaborate figures ONLY to feather their own short term pockets.

The only guy (sydney6791) who actually makes any sense from reading a previous URA ann correctly goes completely unheard and ignored yet says:

MnO2 60% is only at $150/t in the Chinese market.

MnO2 50% is much cheaper.

No idea how people value this company, it's MnO2, Not Mn%.

What a bunch of desperado characters all ripping a bit of wale meat off the flesh while the caucus is still twitching.

I mean, do a trade sure thing, fair is fair, but to see the teeth and lies and belief's drooling out of these people is absolutely outlandish like dogs with rabbi's that need to be shot and put down.

Guess it goes in the Circle of Kate Hobbs and her company. Yet its funny why Archer 747 is not amongst them to claim some type of knowledge prize having been a previous holder?

Ahh well. ZED no doubt will set the record straight once a pack of them have lost half their Dosh in the next couple of weeks only to find and discover DELAY after DELAY until which eventually there will be NO DEAL, and then all those previous holders who got sucked in by the Production Word, or what was it on the BRR tape? Production, even without JORC, how Kate Hobbs is that, just sell the stuff, dont worry about totals and grades and stuff, just sell it now because we need money and fresh shareholder Suckers. CLASSIC.

Even if that were true, even though there are many conflicting arguments to support otherwise, 30,000 tonnes a month forecast multiplied by $150 tonne (we are said to have higher grade than that) is $4.5 million revenue a month. Market Cap is $9 million.

That doesnt sound like ramping if what the company is releasing to the market is correct. If its incorrect, thats there problem and will be found out eventually, but at the moment these are the very rough and general figures being dealt with.

Simple to see why it did 60 million+ shares today.

shasta
29-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Even if that were true, even though there are many conflicting arguments to support otherwise, 30,000 tonnes a month forecast multiplied by $150 tonne (we are said to have higher grade than that) is $4.5 million revenue a month. Market Cap is $9 million.

That doesnt sound like ramping if what the company is releasing to the market is correct. If its incorrect, thats there problem and will be found out eventually, but at the moment these are the very rough and general figures being dealt with.

Until i see that cash in the URA quarterly cashflow statement i'd be wary of ANY forecasts...

The Ukraine uranium permits were worth inexcess of $US500m - yet never came to fruition!

drillfix
29-03-2011, 07:16 PM
drillfix.a word of warning.Rampers R Us are preparing their ramping attack on NDL.When they strike they will make the posters on HC look like virgins in the whorehouse.

Ummmm, Percy I dont know about that, but if you say so then I will take your word for it, :P

drillfix
29-03-2011, 07:27 PM

Scorp, one BIG very simple reason why Uran did 60 whatever Mill today was the pure fact that every trader and his dog on HC are trading.

But not only that, you have the Red Heart brigade who, credit due know when a stock is ripe for the picking, are completely onboard, and not just 1 of them, there are like 4 or so of them as well as the day traders thread whom will sit there and agree with anything providing the price is not going down, because as soon as it does go down, you will never hear from them again because they will be off to bigger and better things.

So sure as much as Uran has their manganese, there are other things going on which are completely debatable and still gone "un answered" which is a common thing for both Uran and goes hand in hand with Kate Hobbs.

What got me was her talking about the straight into production and just forget about JORC like it doesn't matter. Do I lie when I say this? (please answer)

No, I do not. And it is this very thing that many people just do not get, nor do they care about. So I guess when the Curve Ball comes in and batter swings and misses because yet another Kate Hobbs ploy, such as your 4.5 $Million dollars a month.

Do you actually believe Kate Hobbs can deliver that?

Well, Dont forget here, many had fallen for this one previously or should I say, grievously.

Like all good stories Scorp, Time always proves us right or wrong.

With all the new fan club you have over there on HC, I would like to see how many of them will still be around in the next 6 weeks, if any.

drillfix
29-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Until i see that cash in the URA quarterly cashflow statement i'd be wary of ANY forecasts...

The Ukraine uranium permits were worth inexcess of $US500m - yet never came to fruition!

And the Lord Said on the 5th day of the 10th Lie given by Kate Hobbs, Let there be BS, and then there was Uran. :p

shasta
29-03-2011, 09:15 PM
And the Lord Said on the 5th day of the 10th Lie given by Kate Hobbs, Let there be BS, and then there was Uran. :p

As we know "profit is opinion, cashflow is fact!"

STRAT
29-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Hey, this the breakouts thread.
Not the slag off URA thread :lol:

Wait up......

Potential breakout here :eek2::eek2::eek2:

STRAT
29-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Not the slag off URA thread :lol:

Or does that qualify as other fun stuff? :p

and if anyone had put $2k into URA at the first buy signal using simple trendlines on the chart above. Sold and bought back. Theyd have around $5k now or +150%.

Not too shabby :t_up:

scorp57
29-03-2011, 10:47 PM

Shasta - Of course thats not my point. My point is that HC traders cant do 60 million turnover themselves, and secondly was basically stating why, Just like any other spec stock that runs without cash flow, the market is interested in URA now... The numbers being thrown around are getting people excited and the possibility of becoming a miner is also exciting...

Its not about what has come to fruition for specs, its about what MAY come to fruition... Oterwise you get on board when everythiong that has happened is already factored into the price.

scorp57
29-03-2011, 10:57 PM
Or does that qualify as other fun stuff? :p

and if anyone had put $2k into URA at the first buy signal using simple trendlines on the chart above. Sold and bought back. Theyd have around $5k now or +150%.

Not too shabby :t_up:

Dont forget everyone, this stock went to $1.60 on things that were never actually so, or tangible it was all heresay... So I dont think it should surprise too many when it goes to 3.9c on the hope of mining high grade manganese in a few months...

Nothing in concrete but spec stocks are speculative for a reason.

shasta
29-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Dont forget everyone, this stock went to $1.60 on things that were never actually so, or tangible it was all heresay... So I dont think it should surprise too many when it goes to 3.9c on the hope of mining high grade manganese in a few months...

Nothing in concrete but spec stocks are speculative for a reason.

True but when URA was $1+ there were only ~40m shares on issue, now it's 285m

As well aa URA's run today based on technical indicators, i suspect Manganese hopefuls might be running on the back of Japan's situation

METALS traders became very excited when they heard the latest estimate of Japan's reconstruction cost coming in at $US308 billion ($300bn).

There no replacement for Manganese in steel making & Japan will need alot of reconstruction, both private & commercial buildings & infrastructure

In keeping with the Breakout thread theme, other manganese companies should be placed "on watch"

trackers
29-03-2011, 11:49 PM
URA popped up on a scan last week, and I thought hard about picking up a few at 3.3c... Just can't bring myself to buy into coys like these where mgmt is up to sfa, even if i think good sp appreciation is ahead through traders clambering onboard (TSV is another)

Back to the cricket...

scorp57
30-03-2011, 03:10 PM
True but when URA was $1+ there were only ~40m shares on issue, now it's 285m

As well aa URA's run today based on technical indicators, i suspect Manganese hopefuls might be running on the back of Japan's situation

METALS traders became very excited when they heard the latest estimate of Japan's reconstruction cost coming in at $US308 billion ($300bn).

There no replacement for Manganese in steel making & Japan will need alot of reconstruction, both private & commercial buildings & infrastructure

In keeping with the Breakout thread theme, other manganese companies should be placed "on watch"

shasta - for sure, but that would have meant market cap of $64 million. we are now @ $9 million.

My point is that for a spec - if $64 mill market cap is possible on pure speculation, then it wouldnt surprise me to see this much more than $9 million market cap also on pure specualtion at this stage... should have some answers in teh near term also which can change everything too. I dont know if you have seen some of the comparisons of other manganese miners with 20% grade etc with much larger MC's... URA possibly have up to 75% grade... traders etc will be all over it!

Be skeptical for sure - and an investors money is much safer in their back pocket than a stock like URA... I am simply pointing out why it is running...

Did you buy any of the U miners when they feel Shasta?

drillfix
30-03-2011, 03:53 PM
Fair enough justification there Scorp.

And may I say, good to see you again with a level head with views on both sides of the coin.

No doubt you must have also cashed in on those huge bounce opportunities across the board the great U sell off from the unfortunate Japanese crisis.

scorp57
30-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Fair enough justification there Scorp.

And may I say, good to see you again with a level head with views on both sides of the coin.

No doubt you must have also cashed in on those huge bounce opportunities across the board the great U sell off from the unfortunate Japanese crisis.

Drill - I still am not sure where the U debate is headed... I think it should be business as usual however the Japanese reactors still arent looking great. If there were a meltdown it could once again hurt the U stocks etc...

Did you trade any?

drillfix
30-03-2011, 05:43 PM
Agreed, the debate could be eventuate to be so far up, up and even more up in the air that as this will have to take whole new global standards to a new level, which from previous accidents have always come from Human Design being Chernobyl with the russians pushing a head rapidly to get things done on time and under budget and now japan, whereby the power plants were never designed to historical quake levels (back 100's of years) and not just 50 there abouts which they did.

I think if they can organise the global building and design standards and pro-actively decommission any current reactors that may have any design weakness then there will be much hope for the industry as it tightens its belt completely towards new destructive world possibilities along with fail safe and fault tolerance methods.

Yes I did a couple of bounce trades but never held for the long ride back up. Trading a variety of stocks and try not to get pinned down with too many long term holds.

shasta
30-03-2011, 11:44 PM
shasta - for sure, but that would have meant market cap of $64 million. we are now @ $9 million.

My point is that for a spec - if $64 mill market cap is possible on pure speculation, then it wouldnt surprise me to see this much more than $9 million market cap also on pure specualtion at this stage... should have some answers in teh near term also which can change everything too. I dont know if you have seen some of the comparisons of other manganese miners with 20% grade etc with much larger MC's... URA possibly have up to 75% grade... traders etc will be all over it!

Be skeptical for sure - and an investors money is much safer in their back pocket than a stock like URA... I am simply pointing out why it is running...

Did you buy any of the U miners when they feel Shasta?

No, im out of the market & have been for a while...

If i was after a uranium company id be buying ACB

STRAT
31-03-2011, 08:15 AM
Drill - I still am not sure where the U debate is headed... I am.

On the one side you will have people who will want things to remain the same. They make a lot of money out of it and you can be sure they live no where near the Plants they own, build, sell to or operate. They will be watching Japan close. Not only to see how the problems and radiation can be contained but most of all as to whether the power companies will be held liable. Of course they wont and that will be very reassuring for those with working reactors and those planning to build more. Liability will be the main driving force behind any improvement so there wont be much.

On the other side more people will join the "No Nukes" club but will have little effect. Politicians will give lip service and pretend to be proactive till it all blows over. Then business as usual.