PDA

View Full Version : OIL ETF's

ENP
17-09-2010, 03:16 PM
http://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NYSE:OIL

Looking to invest in oil.

What are the likes of this products like?

airedale
17-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Hi ENP, I bought up the link then looked a the 5 year chart which showed the market bottoming in Feb 2009 with a classic volume spike, but since then not a lot of upward movement. But you may be looking to day trade this thing. What are your thoughts?

ENP
17-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Hi ENP, I bought up the link then looked a the 5 year chart which showed the market bottoming in Feb 2009 with a classic volume spike, but since then not a lot of upward movement. But you may be looking to day trade this thing. What are your thoughts?

Well a few factors.

Everyone says inflation with gold/silver etc. Those are over priced and oil is fairly cheap.

China/India are going to need more fuel. Also, even though we are in a recession, people still need to travel places in cars, planes, commodities need to be moved in ships, etc.

Not day trading but holding for maybe 1-2 years for protection if inflation hits with a nasty spike.

shasta
17-09-2010, 11:15 PM
Well a few factors.

Everyone says inflation with gold/silver etc. Those are over priced and oil is fairly cheap.

China/India are going to need more fuel. Also, even though we are in a recession, people still need to travel places in cars, planes, commodities need to be moved in ships, etc.

Not day trading but holding for maybe 1-2 years for protection if inflation hits with a nasty spike.

Very obvious but why not invest in an oil producer, at current oil prices they are all doing well & tend to track the PoO, much the same as an oil ETF would.

A few oil & gas companies for you to look into (that i like) OEL, ROC, CUE, NDO, TAP, STX & at the big end of town OSH & STO

If you like the CSG plays, theres BOW, VPE, BUL, MPO, MEL, ESG, COI, among others