PDA

View Full Version : Where do you see the ASX 200?

jeremyhowell
12-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Where do you see the ASX 200 at the end of the trading day? Do you think it will make a recovery today, or will it be another tough day?

Aaron
12-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Aussie and NZ usually follow what the US did last night and that was down. I would guess no recovery today but then again I have never accurately predicted anything.

macduffy
12-08-2010, 08:47 AM
With the Dow down about 2.5% last night there's no way the ASX will have anything other than a tough day today.

jeremyhowell
12-08-2010, 08:54 AM
So short sells all round eh?

STRAT
12-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Hi Jeremy.

Want to know what the end of day will look like on the ASX?

This will pretty much tell you each morning

http://finance.yahoo.com/indices?e=dow_jones

Mind you. Thats a tad too late to do much about it.

jeremyhowell
12-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Thank you STRAT. +1 again... please tell me I hit the right button this time. :)

STRAT
12-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Thank you STRAT. +1 again... please tell me I hit the right button this time. :)lol

You better get it right this time cause this is the only place in the world where I have a good rep :eek2:

trackers
12-08-2010, 10:02 AM
Where do you see the ASX 200 at the end of the trading day? Do you think it will make a recovery today, or will it be another tough day?

Another link for you, www.bloomberg.com - Data insights panel, check Futures and look at S&P/ASX200.

Later in the day you can do the same for the US markets to get some idea of what is likely to happen on US markets overnight. Note that the DOW often ends up different to its futures results but in my experience the ASX futures are normally fairly accurate (guess this is because they have the US markets action factored in )

The Big Ease
12-08-2010, 11:03 AM
it looks to me like the dji is forming the second shoulder (reverse head and shoulder formation) not unlike the rally 18 months ago. If it doesn't bounce off it, then we are all in a bit of a bother.

jeremyhowell
12-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Appears to be making a recovery?

macduffy
12-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Appears to be making a recovery?

What are you watching, jeremy?

Last time I looked the ASX 200 was down 1.4% so far today.

jeremyhowell
12-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Lol, I feel so stupid... wrong d**m chart.... :D

winner69
12-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Dont panic mate ... not really a bad day ... just part and parcel of the market behaviour at the moment

Tomorrow might bu 2% or it might be down 2% ... the sun might shine or might be cloudy all day ... who knows

Go and listen to Mark Knopfler ... its his birthday today .... Dire Straits 'Why Worry' is a great song .... love the words - Why worry, there should be laughter after the pain. There should be sunshine after rain. These things have always been the same. So why worry now

So there will be always be a rise in shareprices after a fall in shareprices - so why worry now

evilroyrule
12-08-2010, 02:59 PM
ka pai monsieur winner

Oiler
12-08-2010, 06:24 PM
lol

You better get it right this time cause this is the only place in the world where I have a good rep :eek2:

Dont be hard on yourself STRAT your rep as a Gtar player is safe :D

Are we going to see you up on stage tonight or over the weekend with Uli, Slash and Batten et al. :t_up:

winner69
13-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Go and listen to Mark Knopfler ... its his birthday today .... Dire Straits 'Why Worry' is a great song .... love the words - Why worry, there should be laughter after the pain / There should be sunshine after rain / These things have always been the same / So why worry now

So there will be always be a rise in shareprices after a fall in shareprices - so why worry now

Jeremy - told you not to panic

Jeez that Knopfler is some guru eh

STRAT
14-08-2010, 10:17 AM
Jeremy - told you not to panic

Jeez that Knopfler is some guru eh Yeah Winner
Impeccable bends.
A legend with fills and lead breaks that flow on from and into the melody.
Interesting right hand style and not a bad song writer to boot.

Vocals? Well, they are what they are I guess.

One of my favs

In the Gallery from the first album 1979ish and Telegraph road stand out for me. Both need to be played loud.

I remember listening to a late radio show that used to put out new unheard stuff one night in or around 1977-1978. The guy played Sultans and I thought "Yeah, got to get me some more of that"

These days I think he spends his time hanging out with Blue Grassers and other finger pickers with less than a full set of teeth and suspect family lineage. :ohmy::scared::p

STRAT
14-08-2010, 10:57 AM
(Im feeling old again)lol Ditto.

I remember jumping the fence for a Bob Marley gig there in the 70s. I got caught by a security guard. He gave me a leg up and told me which way to go to avoid the cops :D

STRAT
14-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Hey Winner, Check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3D7DmKiDsA

winner69
14-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Hey Winner, Check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3D7DmKiDsA

Great stuff there Strat .... pretty scawney back then eh ... amazing that was filmed in 1979 and just as good now

Even his later stuff without the rest of the band is quite listenable

Some of Knopflers film stuff is amzing and just shows how talented he is ... of the film stuff the finale to Last Exit to Brooklyn which is one of the most haunting pieces of music you could hear and to thik that a rocker could compose it is amazing - one of best movies I have seen

STRAT
14-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Great stuff there Strat .... pretty scawney back then eh ... amazing that was filmed in 1979 and just as good now

Even his later stuff without the rest of the band is quite listenable

Some of Knopflers film stuff is amzing and just shows how talented he is ... of the film stuff the finale to Last Exit to Brooklyn which is one of the most haunting pieces of music you could hear and to thik that a rocker could compose it is amazing - one of best movies I have seenHavent seen that flick. I might get it out.

If you dig him rather than the Dire Straits scene as I do I suggest you do some digging. Hes been busy since and not all the material is deemed fit for comercial consumption so you wont find it at a cd shop. Worth looking for though.