PDA

View Full Version : Hotcopper forum

whatsup
15-04-2010, 12:05 PM
I'm having trouble with H C in Aussie, any one else having any problems?
Appatantly another site "assetmancomcareers.com " is trying to cross over into H C, any ideas as it grinds H C down to no movement and one has to log off Outlook and start again as H C freeses !!! darn frustrating.

pago
15-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Appatantly another site "assetmancomcareers.com " is trying to cross over into H C, any ideas as it grinds H C down to no movement and one has to log off Outlook and start again as H C freeses !!! darn frustrating.

hi whatsup,i have same problem,my avg anti virus wont allow entry into hc,iv switched to my laptop,uses firefox anti virus,no problem.cheers pago

JBmurc
15-04-2010, 01:01 PM
hi whatsup,i have same problem,my avg anti virus wont allow entry into hc,iv switched to my laptop,uses firefox anti virus,no problem.cheers pago

Yeah I can get on but my anti-virus goes nuts on ever click -someones attacking HC

Ketel One
15-04-2010, 01:06 PM
I suspect one of the paid advertisements on HC links to a site that has been blacklisted as being unsafe (could be a false positive, or it could be trying to get users to d/l an executable, or could be a phishing site etc.).

Long story short; don't click the ads there and you should be fine to use it until HC gets rid of that ad.

drillfix
15-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Agree Ketel, plenty of false positives.

It runs fine with FireFox Portable edition.

Another recommendation on top of using your antivirus software is to also have CCleaner and Malwarebytes, this will also aid in finding other things that your antivirus doesn't pickup.

Apart from that with HC, who cares, ShareTrader is fine and thats all Im concerned about :P

whatsup
15-04-2010, 02:30 PM

Has been sorted now thank goodness.

drillfix
15-04-2010, 02:47 PM

Whatsup, I surely hope you honestly do not rely on hotcopper for your investing/trading strategy, do you?

shasta
15-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Whatsup, I surely hope you honestly do not rely on hotcopper for your investing/trading strategy, do you?

Was going to say once you filter the 99% of rampers & paid pump & dumpers on HC, you'll find the 1% that know what they are talking about are probably no better than what Sharetrader has to offer.

I'm with you Drilly - leave HC to the kids thinking they'll make multi-baggers from rampers claiming inside knowledge.

I dont bother to even go on there anymore

Aotea
15-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Agreed, but there is some intelligent lifeforms still lurking around the ESI thread!

whatsup
15-04-2010, 04:26 PM

No but given the comments on H C are 30% accurate it give an alternative opinion, 90% of the posts are of the ramping kind but there every so often is a gem or two.

shasta
15-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Agreed, but there is some intelligent lifeforms still lurking around the ESI thread!

Is SP3 still posting, he was keen on ESI?

Crypto Crude
15-04-2010, 04:48 PM
It is up to each individual to decide what they want to read...
Sometimes there is little input on stocks, so going to HC is ok...
There are posters that keep in contact with execs and post that info on the forum...
there is good info there if you search for it...
im happy to post on that site...
:cool:
.^sc

whatsup
15-04-2010, 07:55 PM

According to H C there was a virus in their system which took some getting rid of.

Lego_Man
16-04-2010, 09:42 AM
According to H C there was a virus in their system which took some getting rid of.

Yeah, it totally ****ed up my PC at work, cant wait to explain that one, especially when they look at the rest of my browsing history.

What a POS tin-pot website.