PDA

View Full Version : Midas Resources (MDS)

Aotea
23-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Hi All,
Just interested to know if anyone holds or has any info/ opinion on Midas?
They have a few projects on the go and seems interesting...
cheers

percy
23-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Hi All,
Just interested to know if anyone holds or has any info/ opinion on Midas?
They have a few projects on the go and seems interesting...
cheers

I know nothing. Be careful if you go after the options.there are two!!!!!!
{a}convert 10 cents 28/05/2011.
{b}convert 3cents 30/11/2012.
I reread it ,and no i have not got it around the wrong way.
I am sorry but could not find the codes for you.
Perhaps Steve may post them.

Phaedrus
23-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Mdsob 28/5/11
mdsoc 30/11/12

Aotea
24-01-2010, 10:50 AM
I know nothing. Be careful if you go after the options.there are two!!!!!!
{a}convert 10 cents 28/05/2011.
{b}convert 3cents 30/11/2012.
I reread it ,and no i have not got it around the wrong way.
I am sorry but could not find the codes for you.
Perhaps Steve may post them.

Hi Percy...yes I did see they had options. Dont hold any and doubt
I will, just came across a couple of spare k and looking where to spend/invest..cheers

percy
24-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Hi Percy...yes I did see they had options. Dont hold any and doubt
I will, just came across a couple of spare k and looking where to spend/invest..cheers

I think there will be plenty of good opportunties on monday,especially for the brave option buyer.I would waite until 1pm ,then look at esio under 2cents or pgcoa under0.8cents.Good time to top up on any winners you have or any good shares you have put off buying as they are too dear.

Aotea
24-01-2010, 12:34 PM
I think there will be plenty of good opportunties on monday,especially for the brave option buyer.I would waite until 1pm ,then look at esio under 2cents or pgcoa under0.8cents.Good time to top up on any winners you have or any good shares you have put off buying as they are too dear.

Cheers..am a big fan of ESI..just need to see the cash roll in now!

steve fleming
25-09-2010, 01:47 PM
I just had another look over MDS, and am very impressed!

It is shaping up like a mini GIR, indeed it has actually has a pretty close relationship with GIR.

* four iron ore projects in prime Pilbara locations close to transport
* it has a (small) JORC iron ore resource (11Mt) that is an extension of GIR's 38Mt AnthibyWell deposit
*it has a very advanced 400k oz gold resource that AngloAshanti has shown interest in developing
*it has another gold project that St Barbara has an option over
*numerous other promising gold targets, one of which will be RC drilled early October
*in the process of securing a JV with GIR over an extensive base metals exploration area

Market cap with the share price at 4c is just over $12m, so you are getting exceptionally good value/upside and exposure to a number
of quality projects at that level. It ran up to 16c earlier this year, so it is well off its highs.

Importantly, MDS has a couple of pretty advanced projects that offer potentially
near term cash flows, as well as offering transaction opportunities that you would normally not find in a
junior explorer at around the$10m market cap level.

Aotea
25-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Gidday Steve.
I didnt buy into midas- picked Globe GBE instead.
Havent given up of buying in though, I see Midas as a fun stock to get a quick double or triple bagger...do you hold any?

trackers
25-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Pity the record date for spp has recently passed. There's always a few who will look to sell straight away, so that may be keeping sp suppressed short term.

The only thing that bothers me with this company is that they don't seem to have achieved all that much since 2003...?

Drilling in Oct could be good

steve fleming
25-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Gidday Steve.
I didnt buy into midas- picked Globe GBE instead.
Havent given up of buying in though, I see Midas as a fun stock to get a quick double or triple bagger...do you hold any?

Hi Aotea,
No don't own any yet.....but the (3c) MDSOC look pretty attractive if you could get them for about 2.5c or less.

The (10c) MDSOB has some pretty big upside, but a fair bit of risk given how short dated they are.

But yeah, better than even odds for a multi bagger from these levels, whether you are in the heads or options.

gazprom1
24-10-2010, 04:54 AM
SF,

I see the capital raising went well and they accepted some over subscriptions. Price is back to 3.8 cents...picked up a few on Friday. They appear good buying at this level especially with money in the bank to progress their projects.

Gazprom

Ps Sold the last of my EKMO at the end of the week. Ended up with an average sell price of 10.1 on a purchase price of 5.6.

gazprom1
12-11-2010, 02:46 PM
MDS has jsut caught fre...must be some leaked news somewhere!!!!

Gazprom

drillfix
12-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Hi Gaz, how are ya, been a while since saying g'day to ya :)

Looks like you made a few squid here on MDS from todays action.

Wonder if it will consolidate or fizzle?

gazprom1
12-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Hi Gaz, how are ya, been a while since saying g'day to ya :)

Looks like you made a few squid here on MDS from todays action.

Wonder if it will consolidate or fizzle?

Hey DF,

Nice to have ya back. How is life???? Let me know if you need anything.

See PLV did its thing....I sold at around 50 cents and got my money back and it went up 20% 2 days later!!!! Even worse with EKMO....made about 80% in two weeks and sold the last at around 10 cents...HELP!!!! I have been making money but a little afraid of the market so selling once I have made a bit....I have sold MDS....I bought at 3.8 only a few weeks back so the return is outstanding. Did the same with NWE and ARV but even shorter timeframes. Caught in a beautiful trade with BUR at the moment...cap raising at 5.5 cents plus options and current SP around 7.3...hold too many but happy at the moment.

Keep in touch and always interested in your views.

Gaz

drillfix
13-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Hey DF,

Nice to have ya back. How is life???? Let me know if you need anything.

Keep in touch and always interested in your views.

Gaz

Hi Gaz, great to see ya!

There could be a list a mile long of things I need, new computer, new girlfriend, new data subscription LOL and so forth, but I guess I primarily need my health to be 100%

Its nearly been a long year and I think I have just about come full circle. Both have good and bad news, bad news is I took a couple of hits along the way which should be expected, but the good news is, I haven't lost all the money I started out with and the lessons along the way have been just so valuable.

Good to see PLV bounce back for ya as it did, and great to hear you still making some dollars on other stocks.

Will be intouch via email sometime in the near future.

Cheers :)

percy
13-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Welcome home drillfix.We are all pleased to have you back and I trust you are enjoying better health.I know I always feel better after reading your colourfull posts.
I brought a few MDS at 4.3 cents after one of Steve Flemmings posts.Steve also spoke very highly of treasurehunter ,who has posted on HC on MDS. In fact there are a few very positive and interesting posts on HC on MDS.I am holding as I expect the SP will find direction shortly after the recent capital raising.

drillfix
14-11-2010, 12:21 AM
Hi Percy, thanks for the kind words there mate, its always good to feel welcomed :)

My condition is still pretty much the same, though hopefully one day it will get sorted out.

Yes its funny how MDS will do nothing until TH speaks of it, though granted TH on hc does have an eye or a knack for stock picking, but that also poses a problem. I mean he seems to get set in a stock first and then he talks it up prior to allowing an army to know which then makes it self full-filling prophecy . Now for him and some others, its all good, but to me, still warrants caution, as many also turn out to be P+D. ( I think you get what I mean anyway)

Another thing about MDS, well its a Streeter play, he is ruthless dude and like FXR doesn't seem to give it a great deal of thought or care at times as he mainly gives his focus on WSA. (had them years ago at 42c :P) Its like nothing will ever happen at MDS unless Terry Streeter wants it to happen (usually, IMO)

I think there are multiple stocks that have not really moved much and sequentially timed other stocks have left the cab rank, some which run on express, some will still kick in. I guess this is the wrong thread to talk about that though.

Good to hear from you and hope all is well for you too mate :)

steve fleming
14-11-2010, 12:25 AM
Welcome home drillfix.We are all pleased to have you back and I trust you are enjoying better health.I know I always feel better after reading your colourfull posts.
I brought a few MDS at 4.3 cents after one of Steve Flemmings posts.Steve also spoke very highly of treasurehunter ,who has posted on HC on MDS. In fact there are a few very positive and interesting posts on HC on MDS.I am holding as I expect the SP will find direction shortly after the recent capital raising.

Hi Percy,

I have a few MDSOC now. The chat re the Paterson tenements on hot copper is very interesting and well researched.

I still think that the potential near-term value driver is MDS' Fortitude gold deposit and how they announce they are going to monetise that resource, as has been flagged in a number of recent announcements.

steve fleming
14-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Yes its funny how MDS will do nothing until TH speaks of it, though granted TH on hc does have an eye or a knack for stock picking, but that also poses a problem. I mean he seems to get set in a stock first and then he talks it up prior to allowing an army to know which then makes it self full-filling prophecy . Now for him and some others, its all good, but to me, still warrants caution, as many also turn out to be P+D. ( I think you get what I mean anyway)

Another thing about MDS, well its a Streeter play, he is ruthless dude and like FXR doesn't seem to give it a great deal of thought or care at times as he mainly gives his focus on WSA. (had them years ago at 42c :P) Its like nothing will ever happen at MDS unless Terry Streeter wants it to happen (usually, IMO)

Great comments df! Its good to have you back!

TH is an interesting character - he is exceptionally well researched and knowledgable and he knows how to spot a bargain, and will patiently accumulate when noone else is buying...his knowledge of micro-caps and the players and strategies is exceptional....but he is very much a trader (and he is always all over the d/t thread) and i am guessing he is selling into the sp re-rating when everyone else is buying ( although he is different from the likes of T4P of hc of a few years ago, as treasurehunters picks are fundamentally undervalued as opposed to T4P's overhyped P+Ds)...not that there is anything wrong with that IMO as TH has done all the hard work identifying the stock and getting set, but something followers should be aware of ...the other thing with TH is he has a portfolio of 30+ stocks so he always able to have a profitable trade on the go which impresses the hc crowd

Interesting thoughts re Streeter. He recently lent MDS $500K, in addition to his SPP purchases. He has a fair bit riding on MDS and he has been in MDS since 2001. Surely it is time he engineers something for MDS?

STRAT
30-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Havent taken my eye off this one.

Any Goss?

drillfix
30-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Havent taken my eye off this one.

Any Goss?

Should that be the case Strat, then your eyes must be killing you.

Was near tempted to buy some when they hit 2.8c but thought to myself, nahhh, wrong direction.

This will not move wiothout miracles or until T. Streeter wants it to move.

I would rather pay a premium and buy FXR as they have hung out more carrots recently and time could see some movement (could be a long time though) and just hate holding these Doggies waiting for a pay day that may or may not ever come.

Now that I have said exactly that, chances have just doubled that the stock will move in a week or so now :P

Though Strat, what exactly takes your fancy about MDS?

STRAT
30-03-2011, 02:21 PM
Though Strat, what exactly takes your fancy about MDS?
Hi Drilly.
Had a bit of a look and If Steve was right about the Gold being the first mover Im not surprised its tanked.
Havent got all the info yet but I think their JV Partner pulled the plug??

Anyway when ever I see a stock tipped by people I think clever I keep it on watch.

I also love Charts like this one. Im hoping it will flatten out for a while and just when almost every one has forgotten about MDS it will show covert signs of life and end up in the breakouts thread lol.

STRAT
30-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Had a bit of a look and If Steve was right about the Gold being the first mover Im not surprised its tanked.
Havent got all the info yet but I think their JV Partner pulled the plug??

.Strike that. Wrong stock :blush::blush::blush:

yabster
14-04-2011, 03:50 PM
sp moving north on good volume of late anyone still watching/holding?

trackers
14-04-2011, 03:55 PM
I picked them in the comp... about time I got some love there lol

yabster
14-04-2011, 04:10 PM
well the mdsob's @ 10 cents are exercisable in May - maybe its being pumped to get them in the money? - (I don't hold heads or oppies)

trackers
14-04-2011, 04:38 PM
Oh, yeah good point... Hell of a long way to go!! Don't think there's any drilling happening at the moment...

drillfix
14-04-2011, 05:20 PM
haaaa, MDS, yet another Terry Streeter play or toy company but look at all the Red Heart action on HC, no wonder its in play.

Good luck and for those who bought lower, "do not forget to take profits" :P

trackers
10-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Anyone on this one?

Current Market cap: $9.7mil
Cash: $1.1mil

JORC resource: 356,000 ounces at Fortitude, and just today its announced a maiden resource at nearby Gallant of 20,000 ounces @ 2.2g/t.

MD comments : "potentially low-cost open-pittable gold deposit that could be developed jointly with the mining of the larger nearby Fortitude gold deposit."

http://iforce.co.nz/i/hx12bbmq.ovj.jpg

As per chart (and recent announcement about Sunshine Well), company has quite a few prospects which have shown some reasonable hits.

disc: holding MDSOC (3c @ Nov 2012).

percy
10-05-2011, 01:36 PM
trackers you are not alone,I am still there."well positioned for the upturn."

trackers
10-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Oh, hey Percy /wave - Hope things are all good with you, what a shake this morning huh???

percy
10-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Have had to put the running shoes back on.Back in all go mode.!!! Been concentrating on business mainly out of CHCH.Been excellent,and now doing ChCh again.
Was getting used to the quakes,but this morning's frightened me again.Trust you are OK ?

drillfix
10-05-2011, 04:11 PM
I hope all you folks are ok over the in NZ, sheezus, it seems never like a never ending test.

The news also with MDS is not really giving the market a stir, so I hope you are all ok with that too.

percy
10-05-2011, 04:27 PM
I hope all you folks are ok over the in NZ, sheezus, it seems never like a never ending test.

The news also with MDS is not really giving the market a stir, so I hope you are all ok with that too.

We have had approx 6,000 quakes,mini quakes or what ever.This mornings was on the September fault line.Yeah, happy to hold MDS.Getting my stirs elsewere.!!! lol.

trackers
10-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Hey guys, glad everyones doing ok. Doing ok here too, though do wonder how much pain my poor old 1920's foundations can take!!

Looks like we'll have to wait a bit longer for MDS to do its thing... finalisation of the concept study might tell the story fairly well. Happy to wait

stoploss
30-06-2018, 05:46 PM
Percy ???????