PDA

View Full Version : kasbah resources - [kas] tin & gold

Pages : 1 [2]

the machine
26-08-2010, 09:43 PM
bit of profit taking today - guess you have to expect that after the sharp increase from 8c to 13.5c.

next news should be the africa down under presentation next wednesday - last year there was a spike in the sp after this same presentation, so expect the same to occur

M

the machine
31-08-2010, 01:42 AM
looks like the new bottom for kasbah was last friday at 10c, albeit not with a huge volume

today [monday] the sp opened at 10.5 and finished at 11, mostly traded at 11.

Whilst LME is closed for a bank holiday, the price in KL looks like being up 14c, so were one to apply that to the premium paid onlme, then looking at over usd$9.80 per lb [if lme was open]

the african down under conference starts on wednesday so kasbah have come a very long way since 11 months ago when they had only just started the infill meknes drilling = so maybe will test 13c by end of the week

M

the machine
01-09-2010, 11:05 PM
Heard the Africa Down Under Conference presentation went well and here is the link

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01094424

No new info though, apart from solders now using even more tin.

BTW all metals are up thus far today, including tin, so that augers well for rest of week.
IMO kas will test 13c by cob Friday

I still need to sell some kas and buy nzo, as overweight in kas and nzo is cheap as chips, come dividend to.
I like spending dividends on nice things.

M

the machine
07-09-2010, 09:47 PM
kas had a very good days trading - finished up 1.5c @ 12.5c on 1.362m shares - touched 13c for a while.

m

the machine
08-09-2010, 10:09 PM
today the sp got off to a good start jumping half a cent to 13c and thats what the last tradewas - 100,000 at 13c - however last sell bid was 12.5 but no takers.

here is link to days drilling update and some of these drill results are exceptional witha peak of 1m @ 5%.

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01096191

the game plan going forward is to extend the meknes indicated status area west, so one would expect every jorc compliant hole will add considerable tonnage into the next jorc calculation, whenever that is.

M

the machine
09-09-2010, 11:12 PM
today marks 3 days in a row with kasbah hitting 13c - you have to go back to may 2008 when that last happenned - that was when sp fell from 20c to 9c over an 8 week period, on volume not much more than has been traded so far for sept.
IMO sellers under 12c have dried up big time - they have taken their cut of selling out say 20-30% at a profit and now hanging in for much higher prices.

Kasbah have now presented on brr re the latest drilling with the link on their website and one would expect the african down under conference presentation with audio will soon be on the kasbah website - its on hotcopper

today my boss asked me how much money would I need to think about retiring - answer aud$2m
I think I might be retiring next year thanks to kasbah - before my 56th birthday

M

the machine
14-09-2010, 11:13 AM
looks like kasbah sp will have a big day today - stockmarkets are happy overnight.

LME stocks dropped 85t to 13,885t and the tin price has cracked usd$10 / lb - THAT IS USD$10 PER LB
For 3 months in 2008 before GFC the price of tin was above usd$10/lb - May 08 - Aug 08.

There was an expectation kasbah would find resistence at 14c, being the average price of the IPO 25c and the 3c issue last year-that is people bailing out and getting their money back - but I suspect that 14c will come and go as SP surges past it- possibly even today.

There is a lot of news going around about tin shortages - Macquarie put one out yesterday that was picked up by Bloomberg - of course Macquarie are a top 20 shareholder for kasbah.

M

Huang Chung
14-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Just wanted to say 'well done' machine.

Not one of the more talked about picks here on ST, but probably just as, if not more, profitable.

Jess9
14-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Hi Machine. Waiting in the wings. Happy to try a channel surf if the next wave is willing ; ) Thanks for the heads up.

the machine
14-09-2010, 10:06 PM
Hi Machine. Waiting in the wings. Happy to try a channel surf if the next wave is willing ; ) Thanks for the heads up.

jess9, don't wait to long because you might find the cheap wings have flown.

anything under 20c is cheap IMO.

2 years from now the sp could / should be $1

and yes thats aud

M

the machine
14-09-2010, 10:40 PM
Just wanted to say 'well done' machine.

Not one of the more talked about picks here on ST, but probably just as, if not more, profitable.

HC, hope you are holding them[for your sake that is]

I hear the kasbah MD is in London - my guess its to stitch up the next round of funding to cover the say usd$5m to drill out underground meknes and add depth - thats code for high grade depth to the resource. This share is poised to jump further.

Whilst kasbah are not a tin producer and 2 years away from same, I think the expectation is that they will be a producer and that is helping the sp along

As regards the short term, I need Kasbah to knock off shewd crude's cue for 2010 - right now they are level pegging.

M

shasta
14-09-2010, 10:46 PM
HC, hope you are holding them[for your sake that is]

I hear the kasbah MD is in London - my guess its to stitch up the next round of funding to cover the say usd$5m to drill out underground meknes and add depth - thats code for high grade depth to the resource. This share is poised to jump further.

Whilst kasbah are not a tin producer and 2 years away from same, I think the expectation is that they will be a producer and that is helping the sp along

As regards the short term, I need Kasbah to knock off shewd crude's cue for 2010 - right now they are level pegging.

M

I'm following this thread with interest Machine, as two companies im following with tin exploration projects are WLF & SRZ, both of which have enjoyed recent share price increases

COLIN
15-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Machine: I haven't read all the recent postings but hopefully you didn't swap some of your KAS for NZO!

I still hold all mine.

the machine
16-09-2010, 01:12 AM
I'm following this thread with interest Machine, as two companies im following with tin exploration projects are WLF & SRZ, both of which have enjoyed recent share price increases

shasta good to see your post - yes aussie producers are all up and quite rightly so.

kasbah are the only tin stock I follow and have a significant position on them with average buy under 5c

tin should see continued gain through supply issues and being such a small metal hedgefunds can takepositions that impact on price.

so far today tin is the only metal up on lme @ 0.44% and all other metals are down

won't be long befiore kasbah regain that 15.5c spike from tuesday

M

the machine
16-09-2010, 01:15 AM
Machine: I haven't read all the recent postings but hopefully you didn't swap some of your KAS for NZO!

I still hold all mine.

Hi Colin, no took them off market a couple of weeks ago as 14c was to cheap to sell.
nzo have had a good jump though from the 90c au and that is even after dividend date.

expect some news on kasbah soon about scoping plans going forward.

M

Huang Chung
17-09-2010, 07:36 PM
Bought up at 13.5c Wednesday and 14.5c today.

Damn, I should have paid more attention to this one Machine. Was in for a short time a while back, but with no real commitment. I'm paying more attention this time around.

That Africa Down Under BRR presentation should be compulsory viewing IMHO.....would just love to get a pair of scissors into Wayne's hair though.

MPC
17-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Yeh, I am in at 14 cents yesterday as well so today was a good start. Tin looks good at the moment.
I also thought the Africa downunder presentation was great.

Cheers,
MPC

Huang Chung
17-09-2010, 07:50 PM
My only two stocks are PIR and KAS.

I just love PIR, but it's a massive punt on gold. Kasbah's focus on tin just gives me that touch of diversification.

MPC
17-09-2010, 09:40 PM
My only two Oz stocks at the moment are KAS and NAVO so smiling at the moment.

the machine
17-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Yeh, I am in at 14 cents yesterday as well so today was a good start. Tin looks good at the moment.
I also thought the Africa downunder presentation was great.

Cheers,
MPC

well done MPC - you need to register on kasbah website for news

I expect kas could hit 17c next week - today it finished very strongly at 15.5

M

the machine
17-09-2010, 10:33 PM
My only two stocks are PIR and KAS.

I just love PIR, but it's a massive punt on gold. Kasbah's focus on tin just gives me that touch of diversification.

HC / WC as you know kas also have gold and hartley's report from yesterday said they were going to start drilling it.

M

Huang Chung
21-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Tin exports from Indonesia set to slump.....

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-09-20/tin-exports-from-indonesia-may-slump-as-disrupted-mining-worsens-shortage.html

the machine
21-09-2010, 10:06 PM
HC, yes lots of problems in Indonesia.

Today I swapped 200,000 kas for 30,000 prc and 100,000 ser - ser being 1 of my picks in the stocktipping comp.
and still had $1,200 change.

I am still way overweight in kasbah so might sell a few more and pay off my morgage - 18 months ago it was a bit scary increasing my morgage to buy kasbah, said purchases reflected in the 4 year chart from march 2009.

Be assured I am not deserting kasbah as will still own more than most

M

DJP
21-09-2010, 11:29 PM
After watching and waiting for a slight pullback I am going to take the plunge in the AM before (hopefully) another leg up. I like the idea of KAS being a little diversified with Gold incase Tin doesnt perform as expected (I am a rampant gold bull)

ps First post after a long time lurking :)

Huang Chung
21-09-2010, 11:50 PM
Hi DJP

Probably the last thing I need is another gold project, but hey, it certainly isn't on the radar scopes of potential KAS investors, so really, it's something for nothing.

Tin looks like being a very nice place to be, and KAS is one of the very few opportunities to back that particular metal.

the machine
22-09-2010, 12:44 AM
Will Tin be the First Metal to Break Above its 2008 All Time High?
by stuart on September 21, 2010

Predictions made in early August by Stephen Briggs, metals strategist at BNP Paribas that tin would move above $20,000 a ton before the end of 2010 are looking both prescient and conservative from our position today. We will remind MetalMiner readers that we did suggest buying forward tin requirements on August 4, based on that analysis.

Tin prices rose this week to a two-year high, less than 10% below the metal’s all-time high set in mid-2008, and is showing every chance of continuing to rise further as supply constraints push the market into deficit. A Reuters article explains that tin prices have surged because of a drop in supplies from Indonesia. The country’s exports of refined tin, which account for a third of the global market, dropped 14.5% to 43,263 tons in the first half of the year compared with the same period of 2009. As we covered in an article early last month ore supplies from Indonesia have been squeezed from two directions. On the one hand, a crackdown on illegal mining in Bangka-Belitug, off Sumatra island, has reduced output and starved many small to medium sized smelters of raw material. Second, the long running depletion of the easily mined on land reserves is forcing the major miners to move off-shore to dredge for alluvial deposits. Indonesia’s government said last month that the nation’s tin output may plunge 20% this year blaming bad weather rather than the above for the shortfall. Production is expected to drop to about 85,000 tons compared with a full-year target of 105,000 tons.

The tin market overall had a shortfall of 9,900 tons between January and July, against a surplus of 9,500 tons in the same period last year, according to the World Bureau of Metal Statistics, quoted by The Financial Times. This has prompted a draw down of exchange stocks resulting in tin inventories at LME warehouses falling 50% since the beginning of the year and are now at the lowest level since May 2009. According to a Macquerie report covered by Bloomberg this month, that puts LME stockpiles at just 5.6 weeks of consumption from 8.2 weeks in late 2009. The report forecasts the deficit at 17,000 tons this year compared with a surplus in 2009.

Meanwhile as global production expands by about 2% to 328,500 tons, consumption driven by solder and tin-plate demand may grow by 15% to 345,500 tons. The combination of falling supply, falling LME inventories, strong demand and supply concerns from other countries such as the DRC and Minsur SA in Peru will, it is believed, continue to drive the price higher making tin the metal most likely to be first to rise back above its previous all time high of US$25,500 per ton set in 2008 before the credit crisis.

–Stuart Burns

M

the machine
22-09-2010, 12:49 AM
After watching and waiting for a slight pullback I am going to take the plunge in the AM before (hopefully) another leg up. I like the idea of KAS being a little diversified with Gold incase Tin doesnt perform as expected (I am a rampant gold bull)

ps First post after a long time lurking :)

DJP, welcome to the thread and its a wise decision to buy, albeit 1 year late.

I just posted an article about tin which is fairly typical of the reporting nowdays.

kasbah are overdue to announce their scoping plans and since hartleys gave the speculative buy last thursday then that has spurred the sp along.
previously hartleys had nothing to do with kasbah and me thinks things stared moving after the diggers and dealers conference last month ie hartleys presenting a way to shave a year off the timelines.
but that is just my gut feeling, otherwise why would hartleys bother with a micro cap - something is cooking

M

shasta
22-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Hi DJP

Probably the last thing I need is another gold project, but hey, it certainly isn't on the radar scopes of potential KAS investors, so really, it's something for nothing.

Tin looks like being a very nice place to be, and KAS is one of the very few opportunities to back that particular metal.

HC - not sure if ive mentioned it on this thread or another, but im following 2 companies with tin projects, WLF & SRZ

the machine
23-09-2010, 10:41 PM
kasbah has cracked a mention in diggers and drillers monthly publication

what this translates into sp wise remains to be tested on friday

M

DJP
24-09-2010, 12:37 AM
Saw this as well.
This combined with Tin being up will make for an interesting end to the week.

evilroyrule
24-09-2010, 10:12 AM
good lord, have you seen the opening bids. solid all the way through to 20.5! whats up?

Aotea
24-09-2010, 10:17 AM
we are onto a winner is whatsup Evilroyrule!!

evilroyrule
24-09-2010, 10:19 AM
i wish. my buy at 13 never got filled. oh **** house. and i sold avb at 1.7. give me an L - o - s -e -r

the machine
24-09-2010, 10:58 AM
bids to 22c I hear

its not every day ones annual salary is pipped by the stockmarket moving up - and before opening time

M

Jess9
24-09-2010, 12:07 PM
well done machine.

MPC
24-09-2010, 12:36 PM
I just sold half of mine at 23.5. Sometimes good to take a profit, I only bought them 8 days ago at 14 cents so a good little trade. Trying to see what is going on at the moment but all happy. Some nice swings going on between a few percent for the traders.

Cheers,
MPC

evilroyrule
24-09-2010, 12:38 PM
the buy reccommendation was only within 30% of 14 cps. this is crazy. you will be able to buy them back soon for alot less i suspect

friedegg
24-09-2010, 12:49 PM
well done guys,i hope it spills over for my vms holding...it does look like tin is going to wake up doesnt it,i might go out and buy a soldering iron today incase they go up in price too

STRAT
24-09-2010, 12:54 PM
well done machine.From me too Machine. Its been a while coming. Im so pleased to see your un bending faith rewarded

yabster
24-09-2010, 01:05 PM
I bought a few at 9 cents (not a big holding) - so thanks from me also Machine. Looking at the depth evil I can't see it falling back to the buy recommendation anytime soon.

evilroyrule
24-09-2010, 01:47 PM
i think it will go very close to 18/19. further weakness in the markets cld see it at more attractive buying prices. anyway, glad i didnt pay 27 today!

Aotea
24-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Evilroy,
If your in for the long haul, it still wont hurt even if you did buy at 27...Am feeling pretty happy at mine- picked up at 5.5.
KAS has a very promising future....

trackers
24-09-2010, 02:49 PM
Well done guys!

Aotea
24-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Notice Received...will this be a speeding ticket or an announcement that may had helped spur on the SP by virtue of it being leaked??

COLIN
24-09-2010, 04:13 PM
bids to 22c I hear

its not every day ones annual salary is pipped by the stockmarket moving up - and before opening time

M

Magnificent, Machine. I owe it to you for directing my attention to this little stunner. And HC has also had a wonderful week, with his portfolio consisting entirely of PIR and KAS. It doesn't get much better than this!

Let's enjoy the weekend - might even treat myself to a wee dram, tonight.

Crypto Crude
24-09-2010, 06:15 PM
YEAH BOI...

Thats it... The Machine went on and on about this stock for a reason....

BA BOO YAH...
:cool:
.^sc

h2so4
24-09-2010, 07:14 PM
..........some days The Machine talked to himself....but The Machine went on...........

Brilliant

corporateraider
24-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Good work Machine.
I hold a truck load of VMS, but you had convinced me to have a nibblE at KAS. The day was going to be today but I didn't bother.

Huang Chung
24-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Machine...another vote of thanks from me.

Must say, today was somewhat 'left field', but, hey, I'm not fussy....

Sold just under half at 24/24.5c.

soulman
24-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Machine...another vote of thanks from me.

Must say, today was somewhat 'left field', but, hey, I'm not fussy....

Sold just under half at 24/24.5c.

Well done HC and others in KAS. I would imagine anything that close lower than their opening price is negative for the price moving forward. Opened at 23.5 and closed at it's near lowest point of 21. Another capital raising coming up??

the machine
24-09-2010, 11:57 PM
it was hard to concentrate at work today - at 27c the increase was 3 times my annual salary, but damn I took a pay cut at closing.

I sold some, = no real morgage and extra 30,000 nzo.

kasbah answered the asx speeding ticket with a no news but me thinks there must be substance to what the diggers and dealers report alluded to -not that i have read it.
No doubt kasbah's annual result due next week will be well read and one hopes it includes plans about forward move.

whilst those who bought at the 27c top today may be disapointed with the 21c closing, from what I understand this is typical of the day after a D&D sharetip - the week after the price has steadied and then increases over time in line with the tip - being so many times the 14c closing from thursday that is in 1 / 2 years the sp will be 3,4 or how many times the 14c.
In the end those who bought on first day after the D&D are well rewarded. Its not a question of if, its a question of timing.

Still have hundred's of thousands that bought for 3c in june 2009.

M

DJP
24-09-2010, 11:59 PM
Glad I got in the other day at 14.5
I am in for the long/medium hall and havent sold any yet but if this keeps going on Monday I may consider selling half and letting the rest run.

With all the traders pushing the price on Friday I would expect things to settle for a while until the next positive announcement?

COLIN
25-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Glad I got in the other day at 14.5
I am in for the long/medium hall and havent sold any yet but if this keeps going on Monday I may consider selling half and letting the rest run.

With all the traders pushing the price on Friday I would expect things to settle for a while until the next positive announcement?

Looking at the depth: as things stand, the massive ratio of buying to selling interest would seem to indicate that there will be a strong upwards lurch in the price on Monday, having regard also to Wall Street's performance last night and the fact that the price of tin on the LME is now within 10% of its all-time high. As someone has said, its the "metal that shines".

Aotea
25-09-2010, 03:56 PM
I agree Colin-was going to bail out at 23 and find a cheap re-entry.
Luckily I didnt as it may not come along, especially so given how tight the share register is!

Looks like my first 5-bagger for the year.....something to offset my punt on URA and TEX!!

Huang Chung
27-09-2010, 08:28 PM
I was in two minds, but I ended up cashing in today at 24c and 25c.

Nearly a one bagger, for a holding of not much more than a week. I wish that happened all the time!

Again, thanks Machine....will be looking out for your next strong conviction buy....

MPC
27-09-2010, 09:02 PM
I am the same HC but kicking myself a bit. This could keep going but for a weeks work it was well worth it. Now I just need NAV and NAVO to fire and the Porsche is looking good.

Cheers,
MPC

Huang Chung
27-09-2010, 09:39 PM
I am the same HC but kicking myself a bit. This could keep going but for a weeks work it was well worth it. Now I just need NAV and NAVO to fire and the Porsche is looking good.

Cheers,
MPC

It's always the way...you either buy too many, or not enough...too early or too late.

I threw sum of the proceeds back into Hunnu Coal. HUN has been tracking sideways for a good while, but there should be good information flow between now and Christmas that could/should push it higher.

COLIN
28-09-2010, 12:01 AM
It's always the way...you either buy too many, or not enough...too early or too late.

I threw sum of the proceeds back into Hunnu Coal. HUN has been tracking sideways for a good while, but there should be good information flow between now and Christmas that could/should push it higher.

HC, you do surprise me. Looking at the relative buy/sell strengths I see KAS as being much more attractive at this stage. I have been in and out of HUN a couple of times and done well, but it seems to be having a breather now. But its time will come again, probably as it gets nearer to the HK exchange listing.

Huang Chung
28-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Like I said Colin, I was in two minds....

I'm certainly not pronouncing I made the right call.

HUN will do well, but it might be a question as to what the opportunity cost was....

the machine
03-10-2010, 04:28 PM
I was in two minds, but I ended up cashing in today at 24c and 25c.

Nearly a one bagger, for a holding of not much more than a week. I wish that happened all the time!

Again, thanks Machine....will be looking out for your next strong conviction buy....

kas sounds like a good buy

tin price climbing and lme stocks falling

buy/sell ratio still 10/1

M

the machine
04-10-2010, 06:40 PM
another 5.2m shares traded today and price finished up 3c at 27.5, after touching 29c

kl closing tin price was up usd$750

m

COLIN
05-10-2010, 12:11 AM
another 5.2m shares traded today and price finished up 3c at 27.5, after touching 29c

kl closing tin price was up usd$750

m

And buying interest still heavily outweighs the sellers. Until that position reverses I will be continuing to hold - but someone will be the first to blink.

Huang Chung
06-10-2010, 08:52 AM
Wow...tin up by a thousand bucks overnight.

Machine....you have got this one sooooo right!

the machine
06-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Wow...tin up by a thousand bucks overnight.

Machine....you have got this one sooooo right!

kas hit 35c in openning

m

the machine
11-10-2010, 11:53 AM
scoping study released

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01106484

M

the machine
12-10-2010, 12:10 PM
here is a link to a very good article by reuters

http://af.reuters.com/article/metalsNews/idAFN1146555720101011?sp=true

its copyright so I did not post the full story

m

the machine
14-10-2010, 11:44 AM
kasbah are in a trading halt ahead of an annoucement raising capital

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01107751

M

neopoleII
14-10-2010, 02:55 PM
you'll be able to start a bag shop with all the bags your getting on this stock.

well done!

the machine
15-10-2010, 12:22 AM
neopole11, welcolme to the thread

another article on why the "bag business is so good'
franchising out to ser who are into the bag business as well

m

By Glenys Sim

Oct. 14 (Bloomberg) -- Tin, the best performer this year on the London Metal Exchange, advanced to a record on shrinking global inventories and dwindling supplies from Indonesia, the world’s largest exporter.

The metal for three-month delivery on the LME rose as much as 1.8 percent to $27,250 a metric ton, and traded at that price at 4:01 p.m. in Singapore. Tin, used as a solder and in packaging, has advanced 61 percent this year.

Stockpiles tracked by the exchange have dropped 54 percent in 2010, falling to an 18-month low on Oct. 12. Exports from Indonesia declined in the first nine months of this year to about 67,011 tons from 75,553 tons a year earlier, the Ministry of Trade said yesterday.

“Indonesian exports are likely to struggle over the balance of the year,” Leon Westgate, an analyst at Standard Bank Plc, said in an e-mail yesterday.

Tin output by PT Timah, Indonesia’s largest producer, may miss a target this year and the company is trying to renegotiate supplies with customers, according to Oct. 12 comments from an executive. Timah may produce 40,000 tons this year compared with the 45,000-ton target, Corporate Secretary Abrun Abubakar said.

A La Nina weather event has brought heavier-than-usual rainfall to parts of Australia and Asia this year, including Indonesia, Southeast Asia’s largest economy. The rains have hurt tin production and also been blamed by industry groups in the country for lower output or missed forecasts for cocoa and coal.

Output in China, the world’s largest producer, may be curbed until the yearend because of limitations on power use, tin industry group ITRI Ltd. said on Sept. 29. A general ban on mining was also imposed last month in three eastern provinces in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Africa’s largest tin producer.

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Glenys Sim at gsim4@bloomberg.net

the machine
18-10-2010, 10:53 PM
kasbah today pulled a $24m rabbit out of the hat and project now fully funded through to completion of the feasibilty study.

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01108859

SP hit 37c today but settled @ 33.5, being 1c higher than fridays close.

Once the capital raising is completed after nov 26 agm, then kasbah should have market cap of over $100m and pushing for inclusion in asx300 in 2011.

Expect more drill results out quick smart ahead of the quarterley next week.

In Sept Hartleys said another updated Jorc due in early 2011.

Hopefully there will be some drilling in the gold permit now.

SP by Xmas - lets settle on 50c.

M

DJP
19-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Have any holders received the paperwork for the SPP or know the cut off date for submissions?

I am having an issue with Computershare regarding a change of address so hoping no paperwork has been sent out yet....

the machine
19-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Have any holders received the paperwork for the SPP or know the cut off date for submissions?

I am having an issue with Computershare regarding a change of address so hoping no paperwork has been sent out yet....

Hi DJP, it might take a few days for the SPP paperwork to come out - I will let you know via this thread when received.

M

the machine
25-10-2010, 12:21 PM
I wonder if there will be more bot buying today - like last thursday/friday.

Its a good time to buy more shares, ahead of the quarterly and ahead of the AGM motions that due today/tomorrow.

Me thinks Kasbah will be having some damn good drill results to support the $24m capital raising.

M

the machine
26-10-2010, 12:37 PM
40c has been hit today - wow

m

the machine
26-10-2010, 11:21 PM
kasbah finished at 38.5c on volume of 1.5% of stock - thats up another 2 cents today, on top of yesterdays 2c.

It is still not to late to buy into this stock - you just have a higher entry price and a different time line compared to those who bought in 5 weeks ago at about 15C.

each share is worth many times its value in tin, so its a no brainer to buy the stock.

M

the machine
28-10-2010, 01:32 AM
2 new drill results

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01113170

with the quarterly report due any day then was a tad surprised putting out drill results now.

anyway, 1 hole is really very good as implies the extension to the west of meknes zone as expected - this program will all add indicatated jork tonnage to the 250 m length - expect cost will not be cheap as all the easy drill locations have had first dibs. if you look back at the drill results in sept a number of holes had problems - I guess because of the difficult drilling locations where there is no choice with infill drilling to add tonnage.

the 2nd hole on the face of it is not to flash, but on further understanding, it is a hole that had to be drilled as its gaining knowledge of how the strike is developed, if you know what i mean.

hopefully the quarterley will have some more results from northern zone.

still no news on 1st tranche of 24c shares being issued.

m

the machine
28-10-2010, 11:23 PM
hartleys have updated their recommendation from spec buy to BUY and give target price of 69c - this is with latest capital raising.

http://www.kasbahresources.com/cms/attachments/890_KAS%20raises%20$24M_V0%20for%20issue.pdf

also out today was news of the 1st tranche - its all going to new investors, thus the existing shareholders have to wait for the voting at the agm in 4 weeks time

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01114198
this means my money sits in the bank for another 4 weeks earning a wopping 6% interest - wow - i'm excited with such a return - not

M

M

the machine
03-11-2010, 11:18 PM
here is the new home for the 15m traded lasty week at 34c

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01117032

M

Aotea
04-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Hey Machine...

Its a pretty nice home for those 15m shares too!
Am looking forward to the next step up to 50c in the near future...
Go KAS!

here is the new home for the 15m traded lasty week at 34c

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01117032

M

the machine
04-11-2010, 10:48 PM
kasbah now have extra $8m in the bank and approval from asx to prics the SPP @ 24c - expect these to be mailed next week

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01117462

2nd tranche of shares is to be voted at the agm, inturn another $16m for kasbah's piggy bank.

M

the machine
05-11-2010, 10:43 PM
very good volume for kasbah today - 2% of stock traded and price moved up 2.5c.

solid buying all day and yes it inluded the bot buying.

if dow hangs in there over the weekend then kasbah could test 40c next week on the back of some good drilling news.

M

the machine
08-11-2010, 10:56 PM
very good volume for kasbah today - 2% of stock traded and price moved up 2.5c.

solid buying all day and yes it inluded the bot buying.

if dow hangs in there over the weekend then kasbah could test 40c next week on the back of some good drilling news.

M

ho hum, kasbah did more than test 40c today, for a while there was at 42c on decent volume - finished up 4c for the day @ 40c with over 6m traded.

talk of the D&D team doing a site visit in morocco is probably the reason and since the $24m funding in place [rubber stamp at agm for remaining $16m] then D&D report will certainly have to increase their buy recommendation as a lot has happened since Sept initial strong buy.

should do wonders for my share tipping entry as now up 500% for the year and sp can go a lot higher.
50c nah, 60c no way - 70c maybe

M

DJP
10-11-2010, 12:27 AM
Beautiful, my first 3 bagger.

the machine
10-11-2010, 01:15 AM
Beautiful, my first 3 bagger.

well done djp - that means you bought at about 14c, about 7 weeks ago.

hopefully your 4th bag is only 2 weeks away prior to the agm

M

DJP
10-11-2010, 08:18 AM
spot on there machine.
Roll on the AGM!

COLIN
10-11-2010, 10:30 PM
Machine: After grabbing my 2 bags on KAS a month ago I have been closely watching it as well as VMS and CSD, and decided last week to go with CSD this time. It has significantly out-performed KAS over the past month, and it is worth having a look at the comparative table towards the end of their recent Presentation, wherein they set out to show that they represent a much more attractive investment prospect than the other two tinners.

CSD did end up better than KAS today, but that of course doesn't mean much, and I'm sure you will have strong reasons to continue running with KAS, and I hope you do well.

Cheers.

the machine
10-11-2010, 11:10 PM
Thanks Colin and good luck with them - not for me though -

I was up at Atherton in late Sept and logistics up those parts are not easy - the roads going up and down the mountain range are a challenge, but they do have rail.
What stikes me about the project is how do the get the say 6,000t concentrate to market?
- guess it would be railed in bulk down to Brisbane to containerise and that is big bucks.

Anyway, good luck with them

M

COLIN
11-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Thanks Colin and good luck with them - not for me though -

I was up at Atherton in late Sept and logistics up those parts are not easy - the roads going up and down the mountain range are a challenge, but they do have rail.
What stikes me about the project is how do the get the say 6,000t concentrate to market?
- guess it would be railed in bulk down to Brisbane to containerise and that is big bucks.

Anyway, good luck with them

M

Thanks for that insight into the transport logistics for CSD, Machine. All I can say is that the market doesn't seem to be too worried, with the options (CSDO which I hold) shooting up by 37% today. If I had held them for the past 3 months (which I haven't) I would be showing a 1100% gain by now - that would have taken me into Steven Fleming's league!

the machine
12-11-2010, 12:37 AM
2 annoucements out today - a roundtable discussion on boardroom radio

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01119631

and details of the DPP - note deadline is November 25 and B Pay is only available within Australia
http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01119934

The DPP is most likely to be scaled back

M

ruthers
12-11-2010, 10:39 AM
2 annoucements out today - a roundtable discussion on boardroom radio

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01119631

and details of the DPP - note deadline is November 25 and B Pay is only available within Australia
http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01119934

The DPP is most likely to be scaled back

M

Here is the audio

http://www.brr.com.au/event/71578?popup=true

RenHoek
15-11-2010, 09:40 AM
Good movement on CSD atm.
I bought into them on Friday morning.
Already happy with the result! :)

But after reading a little into Kas, it seems a little too late to buy into them now?
Given that any new buyers will miss out on the SPP?

Thoughts?
Thanks!

the machine
15-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Good movement on CSD atm.
I bought into them on Friday morning.
Already happy with the result! :)

But after reading a little into Kas, it seems a little too late to buy into them now?
Given that any new buyers will miss out on the SPP?

Thoughts?
Thanks!

RenHoek, never to late to enter KAS - you just have a higher entry price.

KAS @ under 45c is very good value IMO

I would not be surprised if:

KAS is 55c by dec 31, 70c june 30 and 90c dec 31 2011

M

yabster
17-11-2010, 05:08 PM
got the SPP paperwork today- will apply for the full $15k I think.

RenHoek
17-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Good buying of Kas now. At ~34c.
Any ideas why the fall? I guess some profit-takers over the last 2months pulling out?
Or could it be due to the SPP dilution?

the machine
17-11-2010, 10:59 PM
got the SPP paperwork today- will apply for the full $15k I think.

yabster, IMO there will be scaling - perhaps down to just $6k worth

still, better then nothing.

M

COLIN
17-11-2010, 11:07 PM
Any ideas why the fall?

Metals/mining in general have taken a hiding due to fears of the effects of Chinese tightening. BHP and RIO being slammed again in London, tonight. If this onslaught keeps up I will have to go back to investing in boring old defensives!

yabster
22-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Hi any other NZ holders having issues with timeframes getting payment to Perth computershare in time. Can't use BPAY as I'm with Direct Brokering (I see ASB securities has it) - Time I transfered funds, arrange a bank draft and send I won't meet the cut of time 25th Nov.

I suppose I could set up an ASB account- any other ideas?

POSSUM THE CAT
22-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Yabster if you live in Auckland I could possible Help you. PM me if you want to take this further

the machine
27-11-2010, 12:17 AM
me thinks sp will be back over 40c next week as there is a rumour going around about some sharetipping guru gives kasbah a big tick.
it remains to be seen if that happens.

meanwhile sp jumped 2c today - this on a pretty poor day and the dreaded friday

M

Crypto Crude
27-11-2010, 12:37 AM
The machine,
You still an advanced member,
Im interested to know who this guru is?
:p
.^sc

the machine
27-11-2010, 12:45 AM
The machine,
You still an advanced member,
Im interested to know who this guru is?
:p
.^sc

SC, one has to work, thus still an advanced member and then when I get home I have to fight for the pc.

port phillip publishing is the company, but one can get into trouble for talking about them with to much detail

buy as many as you can is my suggestion, even if can't afford it.

monday's price should be a lot higher than today

M

gazprom1
27-11-2010, 07:50 AM
Hi any other NZ holders having issues with timeframes getting payment to Perth computershare in time. Can't use BPAY as I'm with Direct Brokering (I see ASB securities has it) - Time I transfered funds, arrange a bank draft and send I won't meet the cut of time 25th Nov.

I suppose I could set up an ASB account- any other ideas?

Not going to help you this time but the easiest away around it is by courier unless you change brokers. You can get a 1-3 day day courier to Perth for around $20.

Gazprom

yabster
27-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Hi Gaz
yeah I investigated the courier option- still a really tight turn around from receiving the SPP- Bank draft takes two days etc Problem is how long it takes the SPP to get to kiwiland. Just hope DB gets BPay - other option is apparently you can print the SPP forms from the Aus computershare site which speeds things up.

shasta
27-11-2010, 04:28 PM
SC, one has to work, thus still an advanced member and then when I get home I have to fight for the pc.

port phillip publishing is the company, but one can get into trouble for talking about them with to much detail

buy as many as you can is my suggestion, even if can't afford it.

monday's price should be a lot higher than today

M

Should be higher Monday, read this...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/mining-energy/tins-big-day-out/story-e6frg9ex-1225960851804

the machine
02-12-2010, 02:23 AM
notices out today

new chairman - met him at the agm last week and today made chairman - this will be very good for kasbah having a chairman with extensive tin industry experience
http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01127943

2nd tranche through hartleys issued - extra 52m shares
http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01128314

maybe now with this housekeeping out of the way we can see some drill results [that should reverse the slide in the sp]

M

the machine
13-12-2010, 12:29 PM
very good news

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01131735

M

the machine
22-01-2011, 01:30 PM
bloomberg article
By Maria Kolesnikova

Jan. 21 (Bloomberg) -- Tin rose to a record in London on speculation that a shortfall of the metal used to make solders may worsen.

Stockpiles of tin tracked by the London Metal Exchange shrank by 39 percent in 2010, declining for a fourth year in five. Production may fall for a fourth year in 2011 as bad weather disrupts mining, PT Timah, the world’s biggest supplier, said on Jan. 14.

“Supply-and-demand fundamentals for tin are extremely positive for higher prices,” said Charles Cooper, an analyst at Oriel Securities Ltd. in London. “This will possibly trigger further investment in exchange-traded funds, and that would put further pressure on the market.”

Tin for three-month delivery climbed as high as $27,720 a metric ton on the LME. It was up $425, or 1.6 percent, at $27,400 at 12:36 p.m. local time, leading gains among the six main metals traded on the exchange. Prices may exceed $30,000 in the next six months, Cooper said.

“Tin has the best fundamentals among all the base metals,” said Nic Brown, an analyst at Natixis Commodity Markets Ltd. in London, citing a market “clearly in deficit” and “little prospect for higher supply or substitution.”

The metal was last year’s best LME performer, jumping 59 percent after production was disrupted in Indonesia, China and Africa. As much as 30,000 tons of output was lost last year, according to Cooper. Prices may reach $40,000 a ton as global supply might lag behind demand until at least 2013, Malaysia Smelting Corp. said this week.

Tin Inventories

ETF Securities Ltd. introduced the first exchange-traded product backed by tin in London last month. “This put a short- term pressure over availability of tin,” Cooper said.

Tin stockpiles tracked by the LME rose 0.2 percent to 17,295 tons today, daily exchange figures showed. Orders to draw metal from inventories, or canceled warrants, jumped 58 percent to 475 tons.

“LME tin stocks are still at a relatively low level,” enough for less than 20 days of use compared to an average of 24 days, while rising canceled warrants signal demand, Oriel’s Cooper said. “This suggests there is a shortage of stock metal.”

All of the six main LME metals advanced today as German business confidence unexpectedly climbed to a record. The Munich-based Ifo institute’s business climate index gained to 110.3 from 109.8 in December. Economists predicted the gauge would hold steady, according to the median of 41 forecasts in a Bloomberg News survey.

Copper, Aluminum

“A strong Ifo suggests a strong global economy,” said Jesper Dannesboe, a strategist at Societe Generale SA in London. “Historically there has been a close relationship between the leading Ifo survey and base metals.”

Copper for three-month delivery on the LME rose 1.1 percent to $9,457 a ton. Stockpiles monitored by the Shanghai Futures Exchange fell for the first time in four weeks, according to figures released today.

Aluminum gained 0.2 percent to $2,414 a ton and nickel climbed 1.1 percent to $26,049 a ton. Zinc added 0.9 percent to $2,350 a ton and lead advanced 1.2 percent to $2,466 a ton.

To contact the reporter on this story: Maria Kolesnikova in Moscow at mkolesnikova@bloomberg.net

the machine
05-02-2011, 02:11 PM
tin smashed through usd$14/lb last night in london.
anything above usd$8.50/lb is big bucks for tin price IMO.

M

RenHoek
05-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Yes. Kasbah have taken another run.
I've been doing quite well short-term trading on both KAS and CSD lately.
( I also hold MNM, but have decided not to trade them, and hold for a medium term )

I bought CSD at 18c then sold half at 27c ( pre drilling results ), then the second half at 22c ( post drilling results )
KAS I bought at 32c and sold all at 37.5c

Its been amazing watching KAS barely move on the great drilling results they have been having. ( the northern zone shallow drilling )
I guess it reflects the very negative sentiment towards spec-mining shares given the current global climate.
I think this spike was overdue.

Not sure what to do now.
I think I'm going to stay away from CSD for the time being.

KAS I'm not so sure.... their future + results look too good. So I'm keen to buy back in.
They should pull back some after this spike. But maybe not...
So I think I'll buy half my shares in 1 weeks time. Then the other half in 4 weeks.
That way I should benifit somewhat from any fallback. While not risking too much either.

Both these shares were hit by the volitility and nervousness caused by the china situation. ( and for good cause )
So provided easy opportunity for anyone to pick up cheap shares.
But because of the china + europe situation, I'm only investing half the money I intended to this year, as it looks like a china pop + europe meltdown is becoming inevitable.

It was also very interesting watching KAS plummet mid December when all the stops were triggered at below 29c.
KAS got dangerously close to 29c a week or 2 ago. I had a buy packet sitting at 24c just waiting for it to happen again.... :)

Ok. Thats enough of my ramblings.

Any thoughts?
Thanks all!

the machine
17-02-2011, 12:15 PM
from ITRI website - whilst tonnage is not large it still represents more than the difference between a shortage and a surplus for any given day's production/demand.

Interest in physical tin ETF picks up

Release date: 16 Feb 2011

Interest in the physical tin ETF (exchange traded fund) is starting to pick up. Following the launch of this product on 10 December last year, initial sales were very small, amounting to only 80 tonnes up to 30 January. However since then the total has moved up to 405 tonnes – all MSC tin in Malaysian and Singapore warehouses. Three new investor products were launched by ETF Securities Limited in December, allowing investors to buy physical tin, nickel and copper via securities traded on the London Stock Exchange. Products covering the other LME metals are due to be offered this year.

The growth in interest in tin is in contrast to the other two metals, with some initial holdings of copper and nickel liquidated recently. Copper holdings have fallen from a peak of 2,220 tonnes on 2 February to 1,350 tonnes last reported on 15 February, while nickel held has dropped from 402 tonnes to only 78 tonnes over the same period. The tin ETF warrants now account for 2.4% of all live LME warrants, while the copper and nickel percentages are only 0.3% and 0.1% respectively.

One would expect the tin ETF will continue to grow as a financial product

M

yabster
09-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Kas on the down slope at the moment- maybe due to trouble in Nth Africa? Any ideas machine ?

the machine
09-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Kas on the down slope at the moment- maybe due to trouble in Nth Africa? Any ideas machine ?

yabster, sure there would be some rub off from lybia etc, but thats not what the issue is IMO - management are letting the project do the talking instead of doing it themselves - more detail of what they intend to do and when/why is whats needed.
management have been guilty of this for years IMO.

sp hit 43c in november - today 28.5 - yet price of tin has gone through the roof.

As regards my own position - have been swapping kas for ppp for a few months now and locking in the 10:1 gain since 2009.
only own 500,000 kas nowdays.
ppp vietnam appraisal announcement due tomorrow.

back to kas, the project is very robust and this time next year sp should be a heck of a lot higher - after the project speaks out.

M

Corporate
10-03-2011, 06:38 AM
Hi Machine, why do you find PPP so attractive? I like the cash backing and the vietnam project is interesting...but their track record is terrible!

drillfix
10-03-2011, 11:37 AM
Good questions really Corporate. I think I looked at the chart on this one yesterday and all I could see was Chop.

IMO if one was to enter in this you would enter on either knowing something or to flip trade it, meaning, buy the low sell the high repeatedly.

Each to their own though :)

the machine
10-03-2011, 11:55 AM
Hi Machine, why do you find PPP so attractive? I like the cash backing and the vietnam project is interesting...but their track record is terrible!

Corporate, its the cash backing and the vietnam appraisal drill - today is announcement day when sp either jumps on good news or crashes to say 14c on bad news - 14c would be way below cash backing.

no point complaining about management - they are doing what they want to do and we can't change it - so have to put that to one side.

m

the machine
10-03-2011, 11:59 AM
This might help ease concerns in morocco - but won't help sp today though as looks set for another drop.
Management need to understand they are largely responsible for the drop in the sp by not keeping shareholders fully informed on a very regular basis.

Moroccans to vote on reform after unrest
Posted 39 minutes ago

Moroccan King Mohammed VI has announced a "comprehensive constitutional reform" to be put to the people in a referendum, in his first speech following uprisings across the Arab world.

Less than a month after protests erupted in Morocco demanding more social justice and limits on his powers, the king pledged to draw up a new draft constitution by June.

"We have decided to undertake a comprehensive constitutional reform," he said, underlining his "firm commitment to giving a strong impetus to the dynamic and deep reforms ... taking place."

King Mohammed announced the formation of a commission to work on the constitutional revisions, with proposals to be made to him by June.

A referendum would be held on the draft constitution, he added.

The live broadcast was the first time the king has delivered an address to the nation since thousands of people demonstrated in several cities on February 20 demanding political reform and limits on his powers.

They were the first protests in the country since the start of the uprisings across the Arab world that toppled the presidents of Tunisia and Egypt this year.

There have been other peaceful rallies since then, including in the capital, Rabat, and the country's biggest city, Casablanca, with young activists campaigning for greater democracy using Facebook to call for new demonstrations on March 20.

Six people were killed in unrest that erupted after the February 20 demonstrations, including five found burned to death in a bank set ablaze by people whom officials labelled vandals.

Another 128, including 115 members of the security forces, were wounded in the violence and 120 people were arrested, the interior ministry said.

Dozens of vehicles and buildings were also damaged or set alight.

- AFP

M

the machine
09-04-2011, 01:31 AM
tin price now broken another record and poised to crack usd$15/lb

IMO kasbah have not delivered [yet] the strong information flow, but when it comes the sp should spike

probably a good time to buy if you wanted to.

M

the machine
15-04-2011, 11:07 PM
diggers and drillers report just out is VERY ROBUST on kasbah

am unable to post the report thopugh - copyright

M

Aotea
16-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Its time KAS took the next leg-up...am hanging for the next announcement. Anyone know when one is likely?

the machine
16-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Its time KAS took the next leg-up...am hanging for the next announcement. Anyone know when one is likely?

Hi Aotea, Kasbah's track record for announcement is fairly consistent - some may describe it as pathetic.
The quarterly is due by April 30 so last week on April is the go.

The ramp by D&D should help sp on Monday, but I would be surprised if back to 30c though - it needs good drilling results for that and some forward looking statements by company to take it to +35c.

M

yabster
18-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Kas going off today on good volume up 17 % to 31cents.

dropped back to 29.5 but bit of a volume spike 5.5mill shares

the machine
10-05-2011, 01:23 AM
a new research note for kasbah - probably saved the stock dropping to 22c today

http://www.kasbahresources.com/cms/images/stories/documents/875_2011_ord_minnett_research_note.pdf

next hurdle for company is the mining ownership - option expires june 30 against a completed feasability study
IMO the hurdle will be overcome

M

the machine
19-05-2011, 11:01 AM
drill results are very good and extending pay zone

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01181737

I guess the permit status is holding sp back - due to expire june 30 with a BFS submitted - the BFS is still at least 6 months away, but kas have submitted application to take over the property title. with the amount of money spent and world bank owning 12% then one would expect title will be granted.

once this finalised then that should remove a big negative perception from market place

M

the machine
27-05-2011, 11:00 AM
New Explorers & Developers Group launched by ITRI

Release date: 25 May 2011

ITRI is pleased to announce that from 1st June a new membership group for companies involved in tin exploration and development projects has been established. An initial meeting of companies committed to joining the group was held in Hangzhou, China on 25th May to coincide with the China International Tin Seminar, also co-hosted by ITRI.

To date seven companies have joined the new group as founding members. These companies reflect the renewed interest in tin and represent the next generation of potential tin producers. The founding member companies include:

- Auzex Resources
- Consolidated Tin Mines
- Deutsche Rohstoff
- Kasbah Resources
- Stellar Resources
- Venture Minerals
- YTC Resources

David Bishop, Managing Director of ITRI, commented: “The new ITRI Explorers & Developers Group is the vanguard of the next generation of tin producers. Their investment in tin exploration will lead to new sustainable sources of tin supply that will feed the increased demand for this important metal. Members of the group will gain increased visibility through association with ITRI, as well as having closer interaction with the existing tin sector membership. An added benefit for new members will be access to a wide range of information and reports on tin which ITRI produces. ITRI welcomes the founding member companies to the ITRI Explorers & Developers Group and looks forward to working with them as they advance their tin projects.”

M

the machine
20-06-2011, 10:12 PM

looks like kasbah trying to jump off the cliff [I am down $50k in 5 months on paper].

issue is they say something and then don't deliver, being the gap drilling results due mid june.

now we have all the new buyers from that D&D recommendation who paid from about 21c up to 27c on the first day following recommendation late sept 2010 and
not to mention those who paid up to 40c in 4th Quarter - all staring down the barrel. 9 more trading days left to this financial year and there are bairgains to be had,
july 1st all bets are off.

when kasbah want something they will put out the information and usually sp reacts positively.
Well november 15 2011 is option expiry day for 14.6m options at 25c and you can bet kasbah will be wanting the sp to be way north of that by then [just intime for the agm]

june 30 2011 the lease expires and sure kasbah are making moves to buy the permit, but until they have security over the lease then there is a lot on uncertainity.
I am sure they will end up buying the lease and have security because they have spent so much money on it and besides the worldbank owns 155 of the company and morocco government will not want to piXX off the world bank who have $600m invested in morocco.

I still think kasbah are a good buy up to 35c and would like to buy back some of the 600,000 I sold earlier this year to swap for PPP - that is when the time is right. I will probably have to wait until after july 12 when should know more about PPP's vietnam drill and daresay kasbah will be back over 20c by then [17c today]

tin as a fundimental metal has significant price drivers so will help sp later this year.

M

yabster
21-06-2011, 04:06 PM
hmm still falling too- see they have replied to ASX'S query re the price drop. Have put it down to some unrest in Morocco and the tin price dropping about 25%.

the machine
21-06-2011, 10:05 PM
hmm still falling too- see they have replied to ASX'S query re the price drop. Have put it down to some unrest in Morocco and the tin price dropping about 25%.

yabster, first time i have ever seen an ASX query over price dropping.

the stock finished off its lows and company looks like they got intersuise to update buy recommendation

how low will it go?

7 trading days left till end of finacial year and all the tax selling that is helping to pull down the sp

M

the machine
27-06-2011, 10:38 PM
kasbah in trading halt ahead of announcement.

I see the D&D report on friday night strongly suggested good infill drill results due any day - maybe that could have been deemed possible insider trading hence kasbah opted for the trading halt.
what is due is news about the exploration lease which expires june 30 - sure kasbah are making moves to buy the lease outright.

will know more before market opens on wednesday

M

the machine
28-06-2011, 10:31 PM
well the good news is lucky hole number AD100 - with standout 6% tin for a 1 metre section [part of 5m @ 5% tin]

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01192951

expect this will push sp back over 20c tomorrow.

regarding terminating the drilling contractor, whats this the 3rd contractor to be terminated?
shows poor selection by kasbah who have to take a lot of the blame for the delays - but we move on.

M

the machine
03-07-2011, 11:36 PM
with morocco passing the referendum to ease the power of the king, this improves the political risk for kasbah.

price should continue to improve now from the low 20's.

one thing not mentioned in the latest "gap drill results" are the pending drill results from western end which should be a continuation of what hasd already been assayed.

here we have the strike length being added to at both ends and when the jorc is updated - now 1st quarter 2012 - then it should be a very substantial upgrade

M

the machine
06-07-2011, 01:53 AM
good article by bloomberg

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/print/2011-07-04/bear-market-in-tin-ending-as-shortages-mean-pt-timah-s-profit-advances-55-.html

M

the machine
14-07-2011, 10:01 PM
some good drill results

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01197542

one wonders why kasbah did not run the nitron scanner over these very old S cores ayears ago!!

the likelyhood is that the "gap zone" is continuation of mecknes and eastern zone - to be confirmed by more drilling over next few months.

the updated jorc now 1st quarter 2012 should easily push the resource above development threshold

M

Corporate
26-07-2011, 10:55 PM
machine, I did a search for CSD and it came up with the Kasbah thread. Do you know anything about CSD?

the machine
27-07-2011, 12:58 AM
machine, I did a search for CSD and it came up with the Kasbah thread. Do you know anything about CSD?

corporate,a little bit - on the kasbah website there are 2 boardroom radio interviews and CSD one of the 3 participants.

5 months ago CSD flying high but have come down to earth and beyond with a thud - potential for trading stock if you settle for a 10% profit [10 times pa]

I would not buy them as getting the tin to market is to expensive - needs to get to brisbane so can be shipped to china, malaysia, thailand etc - very expensive cost input getting to brisbane - say aud$75 - 100/t tin concentrate at X % purity.

tin price now well and truly back on the up and should hit usd$13.00/lb tonight.

kasbah jumped 2c today on big volume - maybe its the tin price or maybe its ahead of the diggers and dealers knees up in kalgoorlie next week - don't think kasbah presenting but will probably have a booth.

M

Huang Chung
27-07-2011, 09:57 AM
I would not buy them as getting the tin to market is to expensive - needs to get to brisbane so can be shipped to china, malaysia, thailand etc - very expensive cost input getting to brisbane - say aud$75 - 100/t tin concentrate at X % purity.

Machine....CSD would more likely export out of Townsville, which has a long history of shipping various minerals from NQ.

the machine
27-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Machine....CSD would more likely export out of Townsville, which has a long history of shipping various minerals from NQ.

HC, the nickel refined in townsville was railed to brisbane to load onto mainstream container ships that do not call townsville.

M

the machine
08-08-2011, 11:14 AM
kasbah now own the permit and this saved a free fall in the sp on friday

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01204722

M

the machine
11-08-2011, 12:35 AM
tin up 5% so that should help the sp along a bit.

the latest board room radio on kasbah website highlights the 100% ownershipment of the permits.

the low sp won't hang around for much longer

M

the machine
11-08-2011, 10:40 AM
well that did not last long, tin dragged down along with market - rollercoaster ride continues

M

the machine
24-08-2011, 01:47 AM
tin article forecast april peak of usd$33,000/t to be topped later this year

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?r5106373675&f=10420

kasbah sp is cheap as chips right now

M

the machine
02-09-2011, 11:14 AM
african down under presentation and ord minette research note - 50c

http://www.kasbahresources.com/cms/attachments/271_Africa%20Down%20Under.pdf

http://www.kasbahresources.com/cms/attachments/847_20110830%20Ord%20Minnett%20Research%20Note.pdf

M

the machine
20-09-2011, 10:44 PM
for anyone with an investment time line of 12 - 24 months then tin is a very good look - kasbah should soon be bouncing off the bottom and in 12 months should be back above 30c.

in near term the company will want the 25c options excised - so there is a 25% increase poised in 2 months

the tin fundimental has not changed - supply shortages and increasing demand - china has destocked so will need to buy big time

M

Corporate
20-09-2011, 10:56 PM
NPV of only $120m per the most recent presentation. Seems low, what am I missing?

the machine
21-09-2011, 01:54 AM
NPV of only $120m per the most recent presentation. Seems low, what am I missing?

Corporate, the JORC upgrade in 1st quarter 2012 should almost double the amount of tin.
The price of tin is expected to climb back up over usd$30k.
LME tin stockpile has dropped by over 10% recently.
increase of 3 extra rigs to make it 5 will speed up information flow [ from say late nov]

M

the machine
22-09-2011, 11:09 AM

Corporate, here is a big plus for tin, with the "deemed" LME stockpile some 3,320t lower.

From ITRI website
Traders in queue for tin

Release date: 21 Sep 2011

Currently more than 3,000 tonnes of tin is due to be shipped out of LME warehouses, but actual movements of metal have been quite slow. Total opening stocks in exchange warehouses on 20 September stood at 21,020 tonnes, of which 3,320 tonnes were cancelled warrants (ie waiting to be withdrawn). However most LME tin stocks are held in Singapore and Malaysia and there are reported to be long delays in moving metal out of the Johor warehouses in Malaysia.

The queues have been bemoaned by aluminium and zinc traders for some time, but the impact is now being felt in the tin market, Metal Bulletin reported. "This is a problem that should not be drifting over into the tin market," one physical trader told MB after he was told it would take six weeks to withdraw two containers from Johor. Nearly 98% of LME-listed tin stocks are held in Asian stores, and the exchange is commonly used as a source of metal by physical traders doing consumer business in the region.

The run on LME tin stocks is mainly related to strong demand from China, where the local physical market price remains at a very large premium to the LME price.

impact on KAS has to be positive at some point in the future

M

shasta
23-09-2011, 12:02 AM
Corporate, here is a big plus for tin, with the "deemed" LME stockpile some 3,320t lower.

From ITRI website
Traders in queue for tin

Release date: 21 Sep 2011

Currently more than 3,000 tonnes of tin is due to be shipped out of LME warehouses, but actual movements of metal have been quite slow. Total opening stocks in exchange warehouses on 20 September stood at 21,020 tonnes, of which 3,320 tonnes were cancelled warrants (ie waiting to be withdrawn). However most LME tin stocks are held in Singapore and Malaysia and there are reported to be long delays in moving metal out of the Johor warehouses in Malaysia.

The queues have been bemoaned by aluminium and zinc traders for some time, but the impact is now being felt in the tin market, Metal Bulletin reported. "This is a problem that should not be drifting over into the tin market," one physical trader told MB after he was told it would take six weeks to withdraw two containers from Johor. Nearly 98% of LME-listed tin stocks are held in Asian stores, and the exchange is commonly used as a source of metal by physical traders doing consumer business in the region.

The run on LME tin stocks is mainly related to strong demand from China, where the local physical market price remains at a very large premium to the LME price.

impact on KAS has to be positive at some point in the future

M

Those wanting a TIN producer should take a look at MLX, a company i really like the looks of, massive nickel/cobalt project too.

SRZ is another stock with decent tin assets, refer SRZ thread

the machine
23-09-2011, 12:27 AM
Those wanting a TIN producer should take a look at MLX, a company i really like the looks of, massive nickel/cobalt project too.

SRZ is another stock with decent tin assets, refer SRZ thread

To true about the resource Shasta, but turning that into profit for shareholders is another thing.
high production cost, high aud$ and high transport cost to market are all hurting MLX.

I do not hold any and do not follow the nickel/colbolt side, but am exposed to their tin production through work, so have an interest in that aspect.

MLX share price is being held up by the share buy back, so one wonders what will happen when the buy back finishes.

Am very robust about tin as a commodity - picking the right tin company to invest in is the tricky bit.

My own base price benchmark for tin is usd$8.50/lb and thats about 20% lower than todays price, so tin would have to fall a long way before I got worried. i guess it also helps that my remaining 500,000 kasbah average buy is about 6c.

M

drillfix
23-09-2011, 03:34 AM
Well worded post there theMachine.

I think if it were me holding half a mill I would be concerned about a break of 16c support. But then thats just me, technically speaking.

Good luck with that~!

the machine
23-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Well worded post there theMachine.

I think if it were me holding half a mill I would be concerned about a break of 16c support. But then thats just me, technically speaking.

Good luck with that~!

the 16c could be tested today, since 3 month tin dropped 10% overnight - not as much as copper though!
a small part can be attributed to the gain of the usd$

M

the machine
29-09-2011, 11:57 PM
a good summery

http://www.kasbahresources.com/cms/attachments/100_Intersuisse%20-%20research%20note.pdf

M

the machine
05-10-2011, 12:17 PM
lme stockpile now dropped 2 days in a row and tin price also went up 2% over night.

indonesia have stopped shipping refined tin to support a much higher tin price - this shows how much interference there can be in the tin price.

kasbah directors will be keen to see the nov options in the money - for this to happen will require a 50% increase in the sp in 1 month

M

the machine
15-10-2011, 11:26 PM
the latest boardroom radio includes advice that the extra 3 rigs now on site, taking total to 5.

as already stated, the directors will want the options to be in the money so one can expect a spike in the sp over next month

M

the machine
18-10-2011, 12:09 PM
5 rigs now operational

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01229325

M

the machine
26-10-2011, 12:17 PM
LME stockpile now dropped to 16,525t and price back above usd$10/lb. The stockpile is lowest since early January and with Indonesia taking action to support a higher tin price the one can expect the stockpile will keep dropping and price will further increase.

M

the machine
12-11-2011, 01:17 PM
LME stockpile now dropped to 14,580t with price @ us$9.80/lb

With Indonesia shutting in a lot of production to push price higher then the LME stockpile should continue to drop.

Europe situation seems to have stopped falling and Dow up last night.

Kasbah sp could or rather should have a good run up to their AGM on Nov 24 - heck with some more decent drill results from the gap zone the sp could hain 20%+ by then from present 18c last sale. drill results are expected.

M

the machine
21-11-2011, 12:12 PM
LME stockpile on friday finished at 13,325t. sure some indonesian product has been kept offline, but 2 main shippers still supplying per their contracts.

need some drill results

M

the machine
27-11-2011, 01:59 AM
lme stockpile now 12,795t.
price is down in usd$ terms, but usd$ has been gaining in value to

for a whilwe i was thinking of selling some shares but will now hold off until after the updated jork due in first quarter 2012 - thats only 4 months away max.

IMO it will push the jorc tin from 54,000t to at least 100,000t and I would not be surprisewd if even higher.

lets do some sums:

100,000t of tin @ usd$23,000t = usd$2,300,000,000 less development and production costs.
for development it's simple - a 1/1 share issue at big bucks - say $1 / share gives then $378m - more than enough.

production will be faily cheap.

the clarification for drill hole AD107 of Friday = 100m of tin averaging above 0.3% - that is a huge tonnage and means open cut with much lower production costs.

I expect sp to be more than 50c by march 31 2012 - sellers want 17c on friday close

M

the machine
06-12-2011, 02:57 AM
kasabah aquire a new permit which will add to reserves at some point

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01249774

but if you look at the map of mineralised zones on page 2, there is a significant zone about 1km south of existing resource.
from what i can tell, there has been zip work done on this zone over the years and kasbah never talk about it.

the moroccan gov't and kasbah have had more than enough work to do at achmmach, without exploring the south mineralised zone. that is until now with buying the extra permit

when the time comes next year to raise development funds, then this 2nd mineralised zone might get some mention

M

the machine
10-12-2011, 02:01 PM
From ITRI website

Investing in Tin Seminar – notes on the new generation of tin mine projects
Friday, 09 December 2011
More than 80 delegates attended the ITRI seminar aimed at investors and analysts held in London on 5 December. After an overview presentation highlighting the need for more investment in new mine supply over the next few years, six members of the ITRI Explorers and Developers Group gave short presentations outlining their plans to bring on stream new mines in Australia, Spain, Germany and Morocco. Australia could be the main single source of new mine production in the next five years, helping to offset expected declined in production in the big two current suppliers, Indonesia and China. Brief highlights of the presentations follow below.

Consolidated Tin Mines is developing a project in the Herberton area of northern Queensland for open pit mining of low grade deposits, with a number of mining sites to be served by a central ore processing unit. The combined JORC resource is some 9.66 million tonnes of ore at an average grade of 0.6% tin, giving 58,000 tonnes of contained tin. Production of up to 5,000 tpy of tin-in-concentrate could potentially start from the end of 2013, with cash operating costs estimated at A$11,500/tonne.

Eurotin is exploring two deposits in Spain which are at the southern end of the West European tin belt running from Cornwall in the UK though Brittany in France. The Oropesa project (Eurotin interest 96%) is a hard-rock deposit, while Santa Maria is a mix of colluvial and potentially alluvial ores (Eurotin 60% interest with potential to earn into 85%). Recent drilling results at Oropesa indicate that mineralisation may extend hundreds of metres downwards and that there may be potential by-product revenue from silver, copper and zinc.

Kasbah Resources now has full control of the Achmmach project in Morocco and this week announced it had agreed to acquire exploration permits for the Bou El Jaj prospect 8km from its core site. Kasbah is on track to complete a full feasibility study of the project by December 2012 and is currently focussed on expanding the JORC resource from 7.0 million tonnes at 0.8% tin (54,000 tonnes contained tin). The mine concept is for a mechanised underground mine producing 5,000 – 6,000 tpy of tin-in-concentrate, although some open pit mining may be possible. In an initial scoping study operating costs were estimated at some US$12,700/tonne.

Stellar Resources owns 60% of the Heemskirk project in Tasmania, and has recently agreed to acquire the balance from long-time JV partners Gippsland. Heemskirk, located very near the Renison mine and good transport and power infrastructure, is one of the higher grade tin projects, with a JORC resource across three deposits of 4.4 million tonnes of ore grading 1.1% tin (48,000 tonnes contained tin). An initial scoping study indicated that the mine could treat 600,000 tpy of ore to produce 3,900 tpy of tin-in-concentrate with cash costs of US$12,780/tonne. A full feasibility study should be ready in September 2013, with mine start-up targeted for 2015.

Tin International was established by Deutsche Rohstoff (68%) and Asia-Pacific investors earlier this year and is planning an ASX launch in mid-2012 (subject to market conditions at the time). TIN controls two very large low grade projects, Gottesberg and Geyer, in Saxony, eastern Germany, with some 180,000 tonnes of contained tin. Both deposits were extensively explored by the old GDR government and the company started a new confirmation drilling programme in November to make the historical resource data JORC compliant. While average grades are low, higher grade portions of the orebodies may be targeted in developing a mining plan. Geyer also has potential by-product indium, zinc and gallium by-product credits.

Venture Minerals' Mount Lindsay project is another one based in NW Tasmania, and like the German deposits a mining plan may be based on treatment of the higher grade portions of the orebodies. The mine could also produce tungsten and magnetite. The combined tin/tungsten content of the resource is currently estimated at 120,000 tonnes at a 0.2% cut-off grade, falling to 61,000 tonnes at 0.45%. Venture is exploring over a wide area and says that less than 10% of its targets have been drilled so far. The company has enough cash to take it through to a bankable feasibility study in the second quarter of 2012, but will then require capex of A$162 million to bring the mine into production.

As far as Kasbah is concerned, IMO the new jorc when it finally is released in next 4 months will increase tin to over 100,000t
[but that is just my opinion and I could be wrong]

M

the machine
13-01-2012, 11:36 PM
latest assays - they are very good and sp up

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01259030

M

the machine
16-01-2012, 12:14 PM
kasbah had a write up in the sunday timse, so this might spur sp along a bit today

[a day when market down 1% on open]

M

the machine
16-01-2012, 10:53 PM
wow, kasbah pulled a rabbit out of the hat with more drilling results - actually very good results

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01259895

Mr Market liked it - sp up 1.5c for the day to finish at 20c - thats up 33% in a week.

asx down 1.2% and other tin stocks flat or down.

M

Aotea
17-01-2012, 05:39 PM
and about time KAS woke up.....they are a good stock and tin is ripe for the picking at the moment with most operating mines globally coming to the end of thier lives.

the machine
18-01-2012, 11:45 AM
best news article I have about tin for ages - tin also jumped over 4% last night

Consumer Electronics Frenzy Tops $1 Trillion as Tin Rebounds: Commodities
QBy Agnieszka Troszkiewicz and Maria Kolesnikova - Jan 18, 2012 1:46 AM GMT+0800 .
inShare.4
More
Business ExchangeBuzz up!DiggPrint Email ..Enlarge image
Electronics Frenzy Tops $1 Trillion as Tin Rallies Nelson Ching/Bloomberg
Commuters use mobile devices on the metro subway system in Beijing.

Commuters use mobile devices on the metro subway system in Beijing. Photographer: Nelson Ching/Bloomberg
.Sales of consumer electronics from smartphones to digital cameras will exceed $1 trillion for the first time this year, driving tin consumption higher just as stockpiles of the metal slump to a 33-month low.

Demand will outpace supply for a third consecutive year, with the 9,400-metric-ton shortage seen by ITRI Ltd., a St. Albans, England-based industry group, enough to make about 9 billion mobile phones. London Metal Exchange inventories fell 53 percent since August to the lowest since April 2009. Prices may rise as much as 20 percent to $26,000 a ton in 2012, the median of 17 analyst and trader estimates compiled by Bloomberg show.

The anticipated surge may make tin, used as solder, among this year’s best-performing industrial metals, after being the biggest loser of 2011. Commodities tumbled into a bear market in September on concern that slowing growth would cut consumer spending. Sales of consumer electronics will rise 5 percent to $1.04 trillion in 2012, according to GfK Digital World and the Arlington, Virginia-based Consumer Electronics Association, which represents about 2,000 companies.

“Tin is fundamentally one of the most attractive commodities,” said Christoph Eibl, who helps manage $2.5 billion of assets at Tiberius Asset Management AG in Zug, Switzerland. “Because it will be in deficit in 2012, you will basically see low stock levels. It must be a clear buy.”

Total Return
The metal for delivery in three months, the LME’s benchmark contract, advanced 13 percent to $21,700 this year, its best start to a year since at least 1990. The Standard & Poor’s GSCI Total Return Index of 24 commodities rose 1.8 percent as the MSCI All-Country World Index of equities added 2.8 percent. Treasuries returned 0.2 percent, a Bank of America Corp. index shows.

Production will expand 0.6 percent to 355,000 tons in 2012, the smallest gain in three years, as consumption reaches 364,400 tons, ITRI estimates. Rising output in Brazil and Malaysia will compensate for declines China and Indonesia, the biggest suppliers, according to the industry group.

This year’s projected demand values the tin market at $9.5 billion, based on the average price in 2011. Electronics account for more than 50 percent of consumption, according to ITRI, whose members produce about two in every three tons.

PT Timah, Indonesia’s biggest producer, will report net income of 1.24 trillion rupiah ($136.1 million) this year, 4.8 percent more than in 2011 and the most in four years, according to the mean of 13 analyst estimates compiled by Bloomberg. Shares of the Pangkalpinang, Bangka Belitung-based company fell 34 percent to 1,730 rupiah in the past year in Jakarta trading and will rebound 23 percent to 2,127.5 rupiah in the next 12 months, the average of 10 predictions shows.

Chinese Exports
Demand may fall short of forecasts. Europe used 6.5 percent less last year as the region’s debt crisis extended into the biggest economies, ITRI estimates. While Europe accounts for about 16 percent of the consumption, a recession would weaken demand for imported consumer electronics. Chinese exports rose 13.4 percent in December from a year earlier, the weakest pace since February, customs data show.

Sales of electronic goods fell 10 percent in 2009 amid the worst global recession since World War II, the Consumer Electronics Association estimates. The euro region will contract 0.2 percent this year after growing 1.6 percent in 2011, according to the median of 21 economist estimates compiled by Bloomberg. The expansion in China, which uses about two in every five tons, will slow to 8.5 percent from 9.2 percent, the median of 20 forecasts shows.

‘Blindingly Obvious’
“If a broad based sell-off or crash were to unfold across the markets, say on the back of an escalation in the credit crunch, then in the short term it does not matter a bit what the fundamentals are,” said William Adams, a London-based analyst at Basemetals.com, a data and information provider. “Market psychology would override the fundamentals until the market becomes so oversold that it’s a blindingly obvious buy.”

There are no signs of slower demand yet, with consumer confidence in the U.S. reaching its highest level since July in the week ended Jan. 8, according to the Bloomberg Consumer Comfort Index. China imported 4,343 tons of tin in November, the most since April 2009, customs data show.

A flat-screen television or computer may contain as much as 4.8 grams of tin and a mobile phone 1 gram, according to Henkel AG, a producer of solder for electronics. Phone sales should grow 7.1 percent to almost 1.91 billion units this year, Gartner Inc., a Stamford, Connecticut-based research company, estimates. Personal computer shipments may climb 5.4 percent, according to International Data Corp., based in San Mateo, California.

Light Commercial
About 15 grams of the metal is used in an average vehicle, according to Dusseldorf, Germany-based Henkel. Sales of cars and light commercial vehicles will rise 5 percent to 79.1 million units in 2012, according to LMC Automotive Ltd., a research company in Oxford, England.

Tin is more than 31 times rarer than copper in the earth’s crust, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. PT Timah (TINS) gets an average of 200 grams of metal from every cubic meter (35 cubic feet) of soil, about 63 percent less than two decades ago.

“It’s still a market in deficit,” said Nicholas Snowdon, an analyst at Barclays Capital in New York. “Assuming we see a soft landing in the Chinese economy, we think demand will remain relatively robust.”

To contact the reporters on this story: Agnieszka Troszkiewicz in London at atroszkiewic@bloomberg.net; Maria Kolesnikova in London at mkolesnikova@bloomberg.net.

M

the machine
20-01-2012, 11:07 PM
see LME stockpile has dropped over 9% in 1 day - down 945t to 9800t.

Below 10,000t could be a benchmark for "panic tin buying"

also Kasbah are presentling at the tin conference in capetown late april, by which time a lot of the ducks will be in line - updated Jorc, more drilling results, higher tin price one would hope.

the roller coaster sp should keep trending up. would be nice if back to 40c this year but i doubt it.

30 - 35c is very possible

M

the machine
27-01-2012, 02:55 AM
3 month tin up 5.12% so far today.

broker update
http://www.kasbahresources.com/cms/attachments/839_20120125_KAS%20-%20Closing%20the%20Gap.pdf

kasbah should be hitting 25c fairly soon

M

the machine
27-01-2012, 11:24 PM
3 month tin actually finished up 6.7% yesterday and the LME stockpile dropped another 300t

kasbah sp hit 24.5c and finished at 23.5

goot times coming again for kasbah

M

the machine
10-02-2012, 11:21 PM
kasbah finished at 24c on good volume. asx had a down day as well

just now 3 month tin is up a bit and all other metals are down.
tin as a metal is looking very good - kasbah well placed to ride the surge

M

shasta
11-02-2012, 01:19 AM
kasbah finished at 24c on good volume. asx had a down day as well

just now 3 month tin is up a bit and all other metals are down.
tin as a metal is looking very good - kasbah well placed to ride the surge

M

Im bullish on tin for 2012 & 2013, but looking at MLX's last quarterly, the profit margin was getting a bit skinny

Have you had a look into MOO, another Tin play, with a link to KZL, im keen on them too

the machine
13-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Im bullish on tin for 2012 & 2013, but looking at MLX's last quarterly, the profit margin was getting a bit skinny

Have you had a look into MOO, another Tin play, with a link to KZL, im keen on them too

MLX have high production costs and when include high aud$ then profit is thin.

I will have a look at MOO and let you know my thoughts.

Thus far have only invested in KAS and still own 500,000 from 2009/2010 - rode the drop and will hopefully see plus 30c again when jork upgraded by end of march.

todays announcement below that the gap zone now confirms extension of meknes trend by 360m into eastern zone is very significant, plus more details about another deeper trend [in theory there should be tin down 1-2km with this type of play]

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01267653

kasbah should top 25c today and helping my sharetipping comp along nicely.

M

shasta
13-02-2012, 08:26 PM
MLX have high production costs and when include high aud$ then profit is thin.

I will have a look at MOO and let you know my thoughts.

Thus far have only invested in KAS and still own 500,000 from 2009/2010 - rode the drop and will hopefully see plus 30c again when jork upgraded by end of march.

todays announcement below that the gap zone now confirms extension of meknes trend by 360m into eastern zone is very significant, plus more details about another deeper trend [in theory there should be tin down 1-2km with this type of play]

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01267653

kasbah should top 25c today and helping my sharetipping comp along nicely.

M

Cheers for your thoughts, theres not too many tin plays out there, KAS, MLX, MOO, CSD, SRZ all at varying stages

MLX did go thru some low grade stuff last quarter, & i suspect the Tin price will continue to rebound

the machine
14-02-2012, 02:48 AM
Cheers for your thoughts, theres not too many tin plays out there, KAS, MLX, MOO, CSD, SRZ all at varying stages

MLX did go thru some low grade stuff last quarter, & i suspect the Tin price will continue to rebound

Shasta, I did not even know of MOO until your post.
Have read a bit and it looks like 2005 was a great time to buy, then sell in 2006, sp been going down since - yes up a bit lately.

as far as tin is concerned, their location is a long way to load port brisbane and stuck with high production costs just like mlx.
csd in similar bind, but csd a lot further advanced and sp should jump a bit this year [csd my pick in comp]. but i would not invest in csd as not enough upside potential. one could trade a bit in csd - say 4-5 trades pa and make 10% each time - but a lot of work and worry to go with it.

MOO I would rate less than CSD.

These my thoughts only, after 10 minutes research and I could be way off the mark [in 5 years+ time]

M

shasta
14-02-2012, 03:25 AM
Shasta, I did not even know of MOO until your post.
Have read a bit and it looks like 2005 was a great time to buy, then sell in 2006, sp been going down since - yes up a bit lately.

as far as tin is concerned, their location is a long way to load port brisbane and stuck with high production costs just like mlx.
csd in similar bind, but csd a lot further advanced and sp should jump a bit this year [csd my pick in comp]. but i would not invest in csd as not enough upside potential. one could trade a bit in csd - say 4-5 trades pa and make 10% each time - but a lot of work and worry to go with it.

MOO I would rate less than CSD.

These my thoughts only, after 10 minutes research and I could be way off the mark [in 5 years+ time]

M

MOO have a relationship with KZL to use Mt Garnet mining operations & receive a royalty for the sale of Copper etc.

Also a tie up between the two re Tin.

Worth keeping an eye on, especially if the Tin prices increases

the machine
23-02-2012, 02:31 AM
looks like a big glitch in the 3 month tin market - down 99.98% - someone must have put the decimal point in thev wrong spot with a sell order.

1330 in london - lunch time trading maybe

M

soulman
28-02-2012, 08:45 PM
A missed opps for me on KAS. Nearly had a dip when they drop below 20. Massive volume the last few days. Machine, you must be happy with this spectacular performance.

Speeding ticket has been explained. Not sure whether it will go again tomorrow.

the machine
28-02-2012, 11:03 PM
soulman, its been very painful watching them drop from 30c+ whilst sitting on 500,000 of the little suckers.
yes i am pleased have jumped a bit but a lot more left in this rally

the updated jork by end of march and then straight into the BFS should see 30c intially and then higher with the BFS.

one of the investors, traxy's could easily fund the development, so sourcing any money for same is very easy.

by end of the year they should be 3 months into development and sp will be ?

plus 50c would be nice

you need to buy some

M

the machine
29-02-2012, 12:29 PM
kas out of the blocks this morning - up a cent

tin price was up overnight which helps with the good vibes

M

the machine
08-03-2012, 12:04 PM
this may have softenned the tin price a bit - ITRI news

but with an updated jork due this month then daresay sp should be over 30c.

yesterdays news about completing aquisition of the extra project -asx link below] certainly helped sp turnaround from negative to finish half a cent up

SEC to give companies more time on conflict minerals
Wednesday, 07 March 2012
The head of the US Securities and Exchange Commission has said that public companies whose products contain certain so-called "conflict minerals" will benefit from more time to consider how to deal with new disclosure rules set to be adopted this year, Reuters reported.

"The commission is working to finalize the adoption and I'm hopeful in the next couple of months, it will be done," SEC Chairman Mary Schapiro told lawmakers during a hearing on the agency's 2013 budget request on 29 February. "We will have a phase-in period, I don't know how long, that will give sufficient time for some of the supply chain due diligence mechanisms to be developed and put in place."

Section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Financial Reform Act passed in July 2010 mandated that US companies report use of conflict minerals (defined as tungsten, tin, tantalum and gold emanating from DR Congo and neighbouring countries), and charged the SEC with writing, implementing and enforcing the reporting rules. The SEC missed two deadlines for doing so in 2011 and is currently scheduled to issue the rules in the first half of this year although the likely release date may not be until June 2012.

Companies and business groups like the US Chamber of Commerce have strongly cautioned the SEC to slow down and scale back its proposal. They say it will be costly and difficult to put into practice, as these minerals can be used in minuscule amounts and are almost impossible to track through the numerous layers of the supply chain. Chairman Schapiro also mentioned that the rule "will try to give latitude and flexibility in some areas", recognising that the issue is complex and very much out of the ordinary for US regulators.

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01276533

M

the machine
11-03-2012, 10:36 PM
kasbah finished the week at 25.5, down from its high earlier in the week but also well up from its low on friday.
greece and good news from usa, as well as tin price going up ahain all good news.

since the updated jork to be issued in march is getting very close - 3 weeks max, then the buying op at these low prices is running out of time.

looking at the the pending drill results, the big hole is AD121, outstanding since at least Jan 16 - big because its diaganol to the other drills at in same area as the old drive. I expect this is a targetted drill that should produce very high results

other drills pending since feb 13 are 123 128 and 131 - to complete the 80 meter drilling in the gap section - section 2770.
130 and 132 are in fill 40 meter spacings in the gap section

127 and 129 are at western end.

total 7 holes pending results from feb 13 and in the case of AD121 jan 16.

one would hope that the updated jork pushes resource well past the critical 10m tonne in just the main section plus add some inferred tonnage to the northern and western sections.

the jork should also push the tin from 54,000t to well over 100,000t.

fridays close was 25.5.

IMO so should be well over 30c by end of the month

happy days again

M

the machine
12-03-2012, 11:51 AM
out of left field - Toyota Tsusho to earn up to 20% of kasbah through staged payments $1m, $4m $11m and up to $15m - potentially up to $31m which equates to over 50% premium to fridays close

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01277684

this should provide enough funds to maintain high burn $ exploration for at least june 2013

M

soulman
13-03-2012, 04:35 AM
Happy days Machine. You seems to be the only one on KAS. Other notable tin stocks are running as well with the likes of SRZ and CSD.

I bet we all wished we have some Kasbah.

the machine
13-03-2012, 11:50 AM
still time to buy some before next lot of drill results out and before the jorc

M

the machine
15-03-2012, 11:08 PM
Well, finished up at 31.5c today - highest close for over a year.

understand the good doctor put out a report [i no longer subscribe] plus ord minnett updated their analyst [without the toyota 20%] as drafted last week.
the real big takeaways from the ord minnett update is that after site visit the expectation is for resource of over 10m t and tin of over 90,000t but theres more [not steak knives] there is a mention of another trend that is ready to drill and me thinks this might be the 2nd large mineralised zone to the south that appears in maps for years without a mention. the rock samples [still to be released to asx] show over 1km strike length. early days for this but going by the maps there is every reason to expect its more of the same
and in 3-4 years time after a lot of drilling there's another 10m t of resource with 90,000t of tin.

last friday the close was 25.5 - today its 6 cents higher and poised to go to 40c very quickly

M

the machine
17-03-2012, 02:07 AM
ok, hartleys put out a report today and the new minerilised zone is actually to the north and includes the northern zone

so, per the maps, the second large mineralised zone to the south is still an unknown - a rabbit waiting to be pulled out of the hat

remember, this resource could be 1 - 2 km deep so there is huge upside

price wise finished up 1c today at 32.5 - hit 33.5 earlier. market was dead today

won't be long before its 40c

M

Crypto Crude
17-03-2012, 08:33 AM
stick to your guns, machine...
you know what its worth...
.^

the machine
17-03-2012, 02:26 PM
stick to your guns, machine...
you know what its worth...
.^

Thanks SC - bit liker playing poker maybe

M

the machine
19-03-2012, 12:00 PM
rabbit just came out of the hat with new jorc, 14.6m t and contained tine 135,000t - this is a lot bigger than anyone would have expected or even hoped for

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01279964

there should be more drill results this week to

M

the machine
26-03-2012, 12:12 PM
well last week the sp spiked to 35c after the jorc upgrade and then fell to 28c before a late rally on friday finished at 30c.
hartleys have a price target of 70c and the good dr [i no longer subscribed] gave a big rap on friday apparently.

no further drill results issued since feb - one would expect with 5 rigs and 7-10 day turnaround time then should be monthly drill results - market likes drill results

there is a big tin conference in capetown late april, so expect the dfs is out by then, thus leading to next payment by toyota fund - another $11m payable about late june

taking a very long time but slowly getting there [much to slow]

M

DJP
26-03-2012, 10:33 PM
I am still along for the journey Machine.

Originally got in at 14.5 cents about a week before the good Dr. made his first announcement about KAS.

Sold a chunk at 32 when it peaked about a month later (Oct 2010).

Topped up at 28 middle of last year and have been patiently waiting for the resource upgrade and DFS.

Next trade will be if it hits any of the numbers the analysts are putting out there to get my capital back(+ a bit)....the rest can keep running.

Exciting times ahead :)

the machine
27-03-2012, 12:38 AM
well done DJP for buying in at 14.5 - i think owned about 2.2m before the dr report

one thing that irks me is the slow turnaround of the drill results - they keep sprucking abour 1-2 week turnaround, yet where are the since mid feb.

anyway, have had my gripe and we wait and wait and wait

in 3 weeks time have to decide if sell some kas or sell some ppp to pay my tax bill [thanks to kas]

M

the machine
15-08-2012, 11:14 AM
drilling update

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01323030

m

the machine
12-07-2013, 10:33 PM
Kasbah have now sold another 5%
http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01420043

this implies a valuation of us$137m and that Toyota have to stump up another us$10 when the DFS is released

with almost 400m shares on issue for 75% of usd137m = usd102m, plus the $7m for the sale and expected $10m from Toyota = 29c au per share

last sale 10.5c

there should be a significant jump in sp over next 5 months

M

Well Endowed
25-02-2014, 11:10 AM
I was wondering if anyone is still in this? I'm looking at taking a position, I think that with the DFS due March it could be gearing up for a bit of a move. been sitting around 12-13c for so long now.

Disc: nothing yet..!

the machine
25-02-2014, 11:43 AM
I was wondering if anyone is still in this? I'm looking at taking a position, I think that with the DFS due March it could be gearing up for a bit of a move. been sitting around 12-13c for so long now.

Disc: nothing yet..!

this is a surprise - yes I still own some, having bought cheap, seen it hit 40c, then the lows of last few years.

exciting times once the DFS is released.

meanwhile the price of tin is edging up

M

Well Endowed
25-02-2014, 02:22 PM
good to see you're still in, I've followed your commentary over the past while (as KAS is relatively unloved by most) and never had the right opportunity to enter during the rise through to 40c. will keep an eye on the next week or two and look for a small dip.

the machine
25-02-2014, 11:35 PM
good to see you're still in, I've followed your commentary over the past while (as KAS is relatively unloved by most) and never had the right opportunity to enter during the rise through to 40c. will keep an eye on the next week or two and look for a small dip.

Well Endowed - this is the dip

M

Well Endowed
31-03-2014, 12:58 PM
I didn't end up pulling the trigger, but still watching closely.

DFS out today. Seems largely a known/expected announcement as KAS flattish on open. It looks like it could be trading at these levels until financing details are confirmed over the coming quarters? Any thoughts Machine?

Cheers,

the machine
31-03-2014, 11:48 PM
I didn't end up pulling the trigger, but still watching closely.

DFS out today. Seems largely a known/expected announcement as KAS flattish on open. It looks like it could be trading at these levels until financing details are confirmed over the coming quarters? Any thoughts Machine?

Cheers,

the DFS certainly poorly received by market on an up day - I was expecting sp to go up

I have not read the report - listened to most of the BRR and its the samo samo - wayne does not come across as an exciting person and all to deapan
its like now hiding behind the financing without stating what finance is already tentatively arranged

probably oversold today but should be well up come the business end of the share tipping comp

I still hold 200,000 from before it started the run and back again - poised for the second run

M

Matakana
25-05-2014, 08:21 PM
I have been a shareholder for a few years and now i just do not understand why KAS is such a low price. Its so low that it could be a prime takeover target. Toyota maybe???? I still hold 200,000 and now am tempted to over double my shareholding.Feel this company is under the radar at the moment as a good buy.

Any points of view would be appreciated. Cannot but feel that there is negative views that i cannot see
l

percy
26-05-2014, 07:16 AM
KAS tin mine is in Morocco.I have shares in RUM who are developing phosphate and potash production in the Northern Territory.They said the country for phosphate is Morocco who are on Australia"s blacklist. At the time I did not look into this blacklist,however it may be part of the answer of KAS's low price.I do not know where you would find details of this blacklist.
SRZ are developing a tin mine in Tasmania, so this may also be a factor.

Joshuatree
26-05-2014, 08:32 AM
Is the blacklist maybe because of contamination of Moroccos phosphate with too high a % of some chemical/element rather than political etc?

Joshuatree
26-05-2014, 08:51 AM
"The Morrocan phosphate industry releases large amounts of Heavymetals into the Ocean"

the machine
26-05-2014, 11:27 AM
I have been a shareholder for a few years and now i just do not understand why KAS is such a low price. Its so low that it could be a prime takeover target. Toyota maybe???? I still hold 200,000 and now am tempted to over double my shareholding.Feel this company is under the radar at the moment as a good buy.

Any points of view would be appreciated. Cannot but feel that there is negative views that i cannot see
l!

IMO sp is low because there was an expectation that once the DFS was out it was game on, particulary since DFS delayed by 5-6 months so as to include some new data [that was mostly not used anyhow since was not complete when DFS finally issued]

with 12 month timeline to move from DFS to development was a very big surprise from left field and it took the sp down.
my guess is sp will still trend down until end of financial year, but come july all the selling has gone

the delay and falling sp is annoying, but in 12 months time after the development decision then sp will be back up - not as high as 40c though until maybe 2017
M

Matakana, first port and its for the KAS thread

Matakana
30-05-2014, 07:22 PM
Thanks M, Mkt Cap approx $34 million .Toyota has paid $16 million for 20% of mine.The maths tells me they have made a bad investment.Do you think that it would be good for Toyota to finance the $180 M for development and /or make a raid on KAS.
As relating to the blacklist i have found no supporting evidence that it exists

Matakana

Matakana
30-05-2014, 07:28 PM
I think RUM has to give some precise facts re blacklist as there is a healthy trade between Australia ad Morocco and phosphate is exported to Australia.

percy
30-05-2014, 08:49 PM
I think RUM has to give some precise facts re blacklist as there is a healthy trade between Australia ad Morocco and phosphate is exported to Australia.

Go to the RUM jungle resources thread which I have brought up for you.
I was only trying to help you.You did ask.

Matakana
30-05-2014, 09:34 PM
Hi Percy, Thanks for the info.Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Matakana

the machine
30-05-2014, 09:42 PM
Thanks M, Mkt Cap approx $34 million .Toyota has paid $16 million for 20% of mine.The maths tells me they have made a bad investment.Do you think that it would be good for Toyota to finance the $180 M for development and /or make a raid on KAS.
As relating to the blacklist i have found no supporting evidence that it exists

Matakana

there is no relevance between Aust/Morocco trade since no tin will come back to Aust.

Toyota have got a bargain for there're 20% as it gives them surety of supply, something that is lacking ATM

Kas price is down because of unexpected finance delay, in 6 months time it will be a lot higher and then once production starts its set to a lot higher. Kas stepping out to other tin prospects in morocca adds value for minimal cost

M

Matakana
30-05-2014, 10:11 PM
Thanks M, Thought the link re blacklist is worth a read if you have not seen the Rum jungle thread. Thanks to percy

http://www.openaustralia.org/debates/?id=2011-02-24.94.1