PDA

View Full Version : NWE- the shell and possible 20 bagger

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

spike
28-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Good interest today, announcement pending?

some one is keen they have a buy in at 74C

5,378 1 74
236,101 3 7.4
615,429 6 7.3
784,322 6 7.2

shasta
28-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Must be a good announcement.
There is a bid up at 74.0c:eek2:

Shrewd's manipulating the price for the ASX comp...AGAIN ;)

Xerof
28-02-2011, 06:48 PM
I can smell hydrocarbons on his breath....... 16 days to formal results, only a week or 10 days until we see the "result" in the shareprice.....good luck all

discl: small holding which used to be large before the massive dilution, and still buried

upside_umop
28-02-2011, 09:26 PM
just got back from a few days away to see my sell order has been hit for my favourite trade - BESBS.

unfortunately, it went off a little too low! i thought 6 cents would be a good exit! however, things have changed with EGO hitting the big time, apparently.

massive amount of shares traded hands today.

will watch with interest, and be there to scoop up if there is any scraps after.

good luck.

STRAT
28-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Shrewd's manipulating the price for the ASX comp...AGAIN ;)Haha.
Dont you mean the ASX. They buggered a potentially better run today. :(

shasta
28-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Haha.
Dont you mean the ASX. They buggered a potentially better run today. :(

I thought it might of been someone trying to slow me down in the ASX comp ;)

STRAT
01-03-2011, 11:31 AM
I thought it might of been someone trying to slow me down in the ASX comp ;)Haha. Early days in that comp.

Looks like traders are setting up to play with NWE today.

skeet
01-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Looking good for the day, nice base built, good depth showing this morning. 10c within 12 days! :P
Good luck holders! :)

airedale
15-03-2011, 04:31 PM
Interesting that the options are sticking at 2 cents while the heads drop off.

airedale
15-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Spoke too soon....closed at 1.7

skeet
17-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Im happy im was out at 7.1c on the 1st.

Norwest Energy NL (ASX: NWE) provides the following update on drilling operations at
the Red Hill South-1 well at 10:30hrs 17 March 2011.
Since the last report on 16th March operations have continued as follows;
 We are drilling at 1729 m MD in the Irwin River Coal Measures
 No significant gas shows or florescence
 Drilling ahead to the Highcliff target
 TD is expected this evening
 After drilling to TD wireline logs will be run to evaluate the hydrocarbon potential of the
reservoir
Red Hill South-1 well will test the hydrocarbon potential of the late Permian Dongara
Sandstone reservoir and which are prolific producers at the Hovea and Jingemia oil fields. The
Red Hill South prospect has potential of 34MMbbl oil in place and 9MMbbl recoverable. The
target reservoir is at a depth of 1,580 meters (TD is at 1,910 meters).

A J
17-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Well done Steve. You have a good ability to take profit, trackers wise words tie in here to.

Oiler
17-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Im happy im was out at 7.1c on the 1st.

Norwest Energy NL (ASX: NWE) provides the following update on drilling operations at
the Red Hill South-1 well at 10:30hrs 17 March 2011.
Since the last report on 16th March operations have continued as follows;
 We are drilling at 1729 m MD in the Irwin River Coal Measures
 No significant gas shows or florescence
 Drilling ahead to the Highcliff target
 TD is expected this evening
 After drilling to TD wireline logs will be run to evaluate the hydrocarbon potential of the
reservoir
Red Hill South-1 well will test the hydrocarbon potential of the late Permian Dongara
Sandstone reservoir and which are prolific producers at the Hovea and Jingemia oil fields. The
Red Hill South prospect has potential of 34MMbbl oil in place and 9MMbbl recoverable. The
target reservoir is at a depth of 1,580 meters (TD is at 1,910 meters).

Skeet you tinny bugga ;) Now for the big question when and will you buy back in again. :confused:

Crypto Crude
17-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Im thinking about the options...
Riding with the big bois...
Pity they are such short date...
:cool:
.^sc

Financially dependant
17-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Im thinking about the options...
Riding with the big bois...
Pity they are such short date...
.^sc

Hey Shrewdy, hope you are well...I put a low bid in on the heads to buy on any continued weakness.....:)

skeet
18-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Yesterday things looked doom and gloom, them BAM were back in the game!

the Red Hill South-1 well at 6:30hrs 18 March 2011.
Since the last report on 17th March operations have continued as follows;
 We have drilled through the Irwin River Coal Measures and are currently drilling at 1880 m
MD in the Highcliff Sandstone formation
 Trace moderately good hydrocarbon florescence with streaming cut was encountered at 1710
-1716 m MD and at 1766-1780 m MD
 TD is expected this morning
reservoirs
Red Hill South prospect has potential of 34MMbbl oil in place and 9MMbbl recoverable
In accordance with ASX Listing Rules, Norwest will issue regular updates during the drilling
operations on each Thursday, or after completing an important operational phase and/or
obtaining an important assessment or result.

Only holding options at present.

skeet
21-03-2011, 01:08 PM
"The Red Hill South – 1 well is currently being plugged and abandoned"

Red Hill was a bonus if it hit, Arrowsmith is were the money is. Now just to secure a rig.

tobo
22-03-2011, 07:39 AM
"The Red Hill South – 1 well is currently being plugged and abandoned"

Red Hill was a bonus if it hit, Arrowsmith is were the money is. Now just to secure a rig.

I had hoped to top up at a bargain if it was a duster. Almost missed out when it bounced down-up-down-up so quick, but got some at 4.0c

It occurs to me that it may languish from current price for a while , till next news, and may even settle towards the 4c in time (FA comment, but I need to study the chart too).
(Not a big deal for me as I am a long termer.)

PEN LYC NWE MCO NAV

trackers
22-03-2011, 10:21 AM
I had hoped to top up at a bargain if it was a duster. Almost missed out when it bounced down-up-down-up so quick, but got some at 4.0c

It occurs to me that it may languish from current price for a while , till next news, and may even settle towards the 4c in time (FA comment, but I need to study the chart too).
(Not a big deal for me as I am a long termer.)

PEN LYC NWE MCO NAV

I missed some at 3.7c by about 5 seconds... :(

Jess9
24-03-2011, 07:39 PM
get any trackers? Pd 5.1 today as it is my best looking chart and I need to get that cap working : )

bermuda
05-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Gazprom,
You asked a question about NWE on the BPT thread. "Should you get in at the current sp of 5.5 cents".

Prior to the drill at Redhill the sp went to 8 cents. Redhill was for conventional oil. It was a 'moist' duster. The forthcoming Arrowsmith drill is completely different and is chasing a previous conventional drill that flowed gas initially at 4 mmcft/day. This next drill, Arrowsmith *2 will target a slightly better area and it will explore the chances of discovering a highly prospective shale gas play that could put this company on the map almost overnight. On another site I have called this drill a certainty to hit gas with a high probability that it can be made commercial. As such I am in for the long haul. ( as you know there are only two things in life that are certain...death and taxes. ) The drill bit will have to prove this next certainty.

If you are not convinced just buy in now, follow it up to ??? ( say 10-15 cents ) and unload a few days before target date. Probably late May/early June.

This is a very big drill for NWE.

gazprom1
05-04-2011, 04:59 PM
Gazprom,
You asked a question about NWE on the BPT thread. "Should you get in at the current sp of 5.5 cents".

Prior to the drill at Redhill the sp went to 8 cents. Redhill was for conventional oil. It was a 'moist' duster. The forthcoming Arrowsmith drill is completely different and is chasing a previous conventional drill that flowed gas initially at 4 mmcft/day. This next drill, Arrowsmith *2 will target a slightly better area and it will explore the chances of discovering a highly prospective shale gas play that could put this company on the map almost overnight. On another site I have called this drill a certainty to hit gas with a high probability that it can be made commercial. As such I am in for the long haul. ( as you know there are only two things in life that are certain...death and taxes. ) The drill bit will have to prove this next certainty.

If you are not convinced just buy in now, follow it up to ??? ( say 10-15 cents ) and unload a few days before target date. Probably late May/early June.

This is a very big drill for NWE.

Thanks again Bermuda. I want to be involved for the shale gas drill as I believe it will potentially be a company maker. ADE's SP is on fire as it nears the end of its shale gas drill. Will bei nteresting to see how ADE's development of the well progresses.

There is an interesting article in this weeks TIME magazine...front page. It is all about shale gas and whether or not it is the energy source that will bridge the gap between conventional oil/ gas and renewable energy (I think they called it Extreme Energy - shale and oil sands). Article focussed a lot on the amount of water involved in the fracking process and the chemicals used by fracking companies. Seems as if there has been some toxic spills the US. I think it was Chesapeake that recycle 100% of their water so there are ways and means to deal with the water issue.

IMHO shale gas could be huge in Australia. DGR are spinning off Armour Energy later this year and that will be a 100% shale gas play.

Sorry for the questions Bermuda but NWE said that they were looking for a May drill. Have they executed a contract for the drill rig or is it still in progress??

Gaz

shasta
05-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Thanks again Bermuda. I want to be involved for the shale gas drill as I believe it will potentially be a company maker. ADE's SP is on fire as it nears the end of its shale gas drill. Will bei nteresting to see how ADE's development of the well progresses.

There is an interesting article in this weeks TIME magazine...front page. It is all about shale gas and whether or not it is the energy source that will bridge the gap between conventional oil/ gas and renewable energy (I think they called it Extreme Energy - shale and oil sands). Article focussed a lot on the amount of water involved in the fracking process and the chemicals used by fracking companies. Seems as if there has been some toxic spills the US. I think it was Chesapeake that recycle 100% of their water so there are ways and means to deal with the water issue.

IMHO shale gas could be huge in Australia. DGR are spinning off Armour Energy later this year and that will be a 100% shale gas play.

Sorry for the questions Bermuda but NWE said that they were looking for a May drill. Have they executed a contract for the drill rig or is it still in progress??

Gaz

What might also get Bermudas interest are the people behind DGR, ex Arrow Energy, if anyone knows about unconventional gas, they surely do!

bermuda
05-04-2011, 06:30 PM
Gaz,
Last I heard from Peter was that they were still looking at a mid May spud. But I haven't seen the executed drill plan yet. It will happen when it happens. I always add on a few weeks ( sometimes months ). That is why I suggested it might slip into June. Have a look at ADE/BPT. Their shale is very very exciting. It is fizzing.

bermuda
05-04-2011, 06:39 PM
What might also get Bermudas interest are the people behind DGR, ex Arrow Energy, if anyone knows about unconventional gas, they surely do!

Thanks Shasta,
Well worth keeping an eye on. Did you see that Nick Davies ( ex Arrow CEO ) recently joined INP? Another well worth following.

shasta
05-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Thanks Shasta,
Well worth keeping an eye on. Did you see that Nick Davies ( ex Arrow CEO ) recently joined INP? Another well worth following.

I'll take a look at them, cheers :)

JackSprat
13-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Have you seen the executed drill plan yet Bermuda??:eek2:

bermuda
13-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Have you seen the executed drill plan yet Bermuda??:eek2:
No, I am on holiday in Waikehe. Brilliant weather and still swimming. It doesn't get better than this.
Peter has been working on this drill for yonks. It will happen.

Load up now. I reckon 5.2 is the low.

JackSprat
14-04-2011, 02:28 PM
:) Been swimming as well, in the Opihi River believe it or not; been following NWE for a bit too so thxs for that could just about time.

percy
14-04-2011, 03:09 PM
:) Been swimming as well, in the Opihi River believe it or not; been following NWE for a bit too so thxs for that could just about time.

I for one do not believe it,unless all the cow run off has warmed it up.!!!

JackSprat
14-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Haha, quite mad I suppose, but it's been beautiful down that way the past week or so; water as clear as crystal!:D

percy
14-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Haha, quite mad I suppose, but it's been beautiful down that way the past week or so; water as clear as crystal!:D
Yeah right.!!! lol

JackSprat
27-04-2011, 02:14 PM
After the DOW sprouted overnight and time is getting closer to the big drill why has NWE dropped?

COLIN
27-04-2011, 02:38 PM
After the DOW sprouted overnight and time is getting closer to the big drill why has NWE dropped?

You could well ask why has the whole Aussie market dropped now, after a good performance on Wall St?

I blame it on our ANZAC cobbers treating themselves to too long a holiday weekend. It addles the brain.

JackSprat
07-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Methinks the Warro-4 well must be a duster the way sp dropped. No comments forthcoming as yet?

gazprom1
07-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Methinks the Warro-4 well must be a duster the way sp dropped. No comments forthcoming as yet?

Hi JackSprrat

Unless I missed something (which is possible =)=)), -Warro 4 is not NWE it is Alcoa and TSV (operator). NWE's SP drop is just a natural fluctuation as it bounced the day before. It will have nothign to do with Warro-4. I see TSV's SP dropped a little though.

Gazprom

Xerof
07-05-2011, 09:43 PM
No you haven't missed anything gazza - Warro has nothing to do with NWE, other than it gets the drilling rig being used at Warro4 next

JackSprat
07-05-2011, 10:16 PM
Arrr, *looks at sky* that's enough. When you hear that drill rumbling toward NWE peeps will be thinking, what's that coming. That was my point.

JackSprat
13-05-2011, 04:48 PM
I copied this from HC site because I think it's a great little summary and there's so little commentary here - hope that's allowable. Written by someone called Wasa.........

Quote "It is quite a long story as you know. Here we have a very small Western Australian company that once had a following when AED was ramping up the Puffin fields to give NWE secure longterm royalty income. The share price rose to 34 cents before the bad news came. i.e. Puffin didn't produce.

And so the company had to sell off some UK assets they were hoping to exploit ( some with Bharat ). Times were tough. But they scraped through with prudent management and now are poised to climb again having attracted a Fortune 500 company in Bharat petroleum to explore for shale gas in EP413 along with AWE. The gas is there. Whether it will flow at sustainable rates is another question. NWE and Bharat are very confident that they will acheive sustainable results.

In the meantime we have a market that would hardly know who NWE are and those that do only remember the losses they suffered during the decline from 34 cents down to almost 1 cent. Little wonder that NWE is sitting at 5 cents.

IMHO this will change markedly once Arrowsmith*2 hits the pay dirt.And hit it it will. Gas will flow and with fraccing it will be significant. And the reserves they have are huge. Plus we are in a market where gas prices are double that on the East Coast.

We are in for a fantastic time. Bharat know what is going on. And others are now looking with increasing interest."

gazprom1
13-05-2011, 05:52 PM
I copied this from HC site because I think it's a great little summary and there's so little commentary here - hope that's allowable. Written by someone called Wasa.........

Quote "It is quite a long story as you know. Here we have a very small Western Australian company that once had a following when AED was ramping up the Puffin fields to give NWE secure longterm royalty income. The share price rose to 34 cents before the bad news came. i.e. Puffin didn't produce.

And so the company had to sell off some UK assets they were hoping to exploit ( some with Bharat ). Times were tough. But they scraped through with prudent management and now are poised to climb again having attracted a Fortune 500 company in Bharat petroleum to explore for shale gas in EP413 along with AWE. The gas is there. Whether it will flow at sustainable rates is another question. NWE and Bharat are very confident that they will acheive sustainable results.

In the meantime we have a market that would hardly know who NWE are and those that do only remember the losses they suffered during the decline from 34 cents down to almost 1 cent. Little wonder that NWE is sitting at 5 cents.

IMHO this will change markedly once Arrowsmith*2 hits the pay dirt.And hit it it will. Gas will flow and with fraccing it will be significant. And the reserves they have are huge. Plus we are in a market where gas prices are double that on the East Coast.

We are in for a fantastic time. Bharat know what is going on. And others are now looking with increasing interest."

Hi JackSprat,

Thanks for the post from HC. Wasa has his rose tinted glasses on re NWE but IMHO I am happy to be holding at 5 cents with Arrowsmith 2 now only a matter of a couple of weeks away from spudding. There will be holders sitting at 5 cents that were probably buyers at 2.7-3 cents where NWE sat for ages so they may look at to exit at the next spike if they didn't get out at the last 7 cent spike a few weeks back.

ADE's SP was very positive during their shale drill and have done a cap raising. Wonder whether or not NWE will do a cap raising IF Arrowsmith is promising and the SP moves higher. Bermuda - do you have any thoughts on a possible cap raising if Arrowsmith 2 had the goods??

Gazprom

Paddie
13-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Guys you have got this wrong.

The post came from Tui/Bermuda.

Paddie

gazprom1
14-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Guys you have got this wrong.

The post came from Tui/Bermuda.

Paddie

JackSPrat posted from HC Paddie, not I. I just referred to his quote. I do not visit HC so have no idea where the quote came from.

Gazprom

JackSprat
14-05-2011, 09:50 AM
The quote was by a guy called Wasa whoever he/she was. I thought it was a good summary and added it here because there was very little commentary on this thread about NWE - infact there's only half a dozen regular contributors in the whole Sharetrader site right now which probably speaks volumes for the state of play currently.

skeet
14-05-2011, 05:10 PM
At least the quality of the "half dozen" is better than the combined HC

gazprom1
14-05-2011, 06:01 PM
At least the quality of the "half dozen" is better than the combined HC

Agree skeet. HC used to be full of a lot of trash so I just gave up and would prefer to have sane(ish)=) debate on ST. Quailty is generally very good.

Back to NWE, this is my first entry since disposing of some at 3.8 cents months ago. Have had two very good trades in NWE and hope this one will be the same. Excited about the drill and I am a shale fan generally although it looks like the Greens could start having a go at what "cocktail" of chemicals they are using in the fracking process...talk of rodium on RT the other night. IMHO it is a matter of being smart and spending a bit more and recycling the water etc.

Gazprom

p0ssy
15-05-2011, 12:20 AM
Can anyone tell me the conversion price of the oppies NWEO?

Many thanks

bermuda
16-05-2011, 10:04 AM
Can anyone tell me the conversion price of the oppies NWEO?

Many thanks

10 cents expiring 30 June 2012. But if you exercise them before 30 September 2011 you will be entitled to a free option exercisable at 20 cents on 30 June 2013.

See NWE news release 4 January 2011.

JackSprat
16-05-2011, 10:05 PM
NWE only one to stay blue on my watchlist today! ;)

p0ssy
16-05-2011, 11:53 PM
10 cents expiring 30 June 2012. But if you exercise them before 30 September 2011 you will be entitled to a free option exercisable at 20 cents on 30 June 2013.

See NWE news release 4 January 2011.

Many thank for that

airedale
19-05-2011, 10:34 AM
Some background info on Shale gas.
http://www.oilbarrel.com/nc/news/display_news/article/conference-report-1-shale-gas-is-again-a-hot-topic-at-oilbarrels-43rd-conference-in-london/1209.html

airedale
19-05-2011, 12:54 PM
And I notice good drill results from TSV today. Are they in an adjacent area to NWE in WA?

JackSprat
19-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Some background info on Shale gas.
http://www.oilbarrel.com/nc/news/display_news/article/conference-report-1-shale-gas-is-again-a-hot-topic-at-oilbarrels-43rd-conference-in-london/1209.html

Thxs for the quote Airedale. I'd say the rig should just about have arrived at the Arrowsmith site being 11 days since they finished at Warro 4 and that's the time line stated. Good to see the little climb up today.

bermuda
20-05-2011, 12:35 PM
This respected journalist has just published a very good Eureka Report on Australian Shale Gas. Well worth reading.

JackSprat
20-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Hold onto your hats:D

drillfix
20-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Ahh Jack, thats just Gaz topping up mate.. LOL (kidding)

Whats really funny Technically about NWE is that by viewing a FIB on the 60min chart, is shows you the FIB %'s on each 0.001c upwards from open to high.

Meaning, each fib retrace line clocks in equally at each point up or down, so the price at close should, or will finish exactly on a Fib line. Hows that.

gazprom1
20-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Ahh Jack, thats just Gaz topping up mate.. LOL (kidding)

Whats really funny Technically about NWE is that by viewing a FIB on the 60min chart, is shows you the FIB %'s on each 0.001c upwards from open to high.

Meaning, each fib retrace line clocks in equally at each point up or down, so the price at close should, or will finish exactly on a Fib line. Hows that.

Hey DF,

I am smiling today=)=). I bought NWE at the beginning of the week at 5 cents and topped up y'day (see above). Great to see a move today...I guess we will see that the rig is on site any day followed by commencement of drilling. When to sell DF? Shortly after spudding if strength continues or wait until we start getting "in zone"?

AZZ is making up lost ground today...long term, AZZ is a no brainer IMHO.

Enjoy your weekend.

Gaz

JackSprat
24-05-2011, 10:03 AM
SP up and down pre spud but what I have to watch ( or anyone else for that matter) in NZ is the exchange rate. Can anyone help me out here. If Ozz devalues (as they're threatening to do soon) and it goes from say 4.75% to 5% will our exchange rate go up also? So, is it better to sell out now and buy back in when they devalue or will the sp have risen to compensate with the forth coming drill? Decisions decisions!

Nice report from NWE

Financially dependant
24-05-2011, 09:29 PM
Hey DF,

I am smiling today=)=). I bought NWE at the beginning of the week at 5 cents and topped up y'day (see above). Great to see a move today...I guess we will see that the rig is on site any day followed by commencement of drilling. When to sell DF? Shortly after spudding if strength continues or wait until we start getting "in zone"?

Gaz

Well done Gaz, good timing. Now the sell on spud brigade have sold out we should see a steady rise on SP as the flow of information gets announced, with the spud at the end of the month and hitting targets in about 15 days there after we might see some action from now on.

I notice the first target is a secondary target 'lower Kockatea' that has condensate potential, now that would change the game. Any opinions on the chances??

There is a lot to like about the next few months for NWE, good luck to the holders...

gazprom1
24-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Well done Gaz, good timing. Now the sell on spud brigade have sold out we should see a steady rise on SP as the flow of information gets announced, with the spud at the end of the month and hitting targets in about 15 days there after we might see some action from now on.

I notice the first target is a secondary target 'lower Kockatea' that has condensate potential, now that would change the game. Any opinions on the chances??

There is a lot to like about the next few months for NWE, good luck to the holders...

Hey FD,

The Nor'wester newsletter was a good read today. Agree that it is exciting times for the company. I am tempted to buy a few more tomorrow if the SP remains at current levels but need to do a swap.

Reading between the lines of what management says IMHO the zones could be far thicker than they are publicly willing to state. I have no idea about the chances of success apart from the fact that there is gas down there it is just a matter whether or not commercial flows can be achieved through fracking (fraccing). Not sure how interested you are in shale but AZZ came out with good info on the whole process of drilling and fracking recently.

Good luck to all holders...

Gaz

gazprom1
26-05-2011, 05:08 PM

Well picked FD. We have indeed moved up since your post as you correctly pointed out. Decent volume going through so new holders on the register.

Let's hope the run continues.

Gaz

Financially dependant
26-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Well picked FD. We have indeed moved up since your post as you correctly pointed out. Decent volume going through so new holders on the register.

Let's hope the run continues.

Gaz

Hey Gaz, A good day on the ASX all round helped but I have noticed NWE is holding on bad days and building on good days...The traders love a stock with plenty going on and Shale is hot and confirmed drilling with half a dozen targets is just to good to miss.....:)

Oiler
27-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Gaz, F.D I think we could well see 8cents tested again and have to agree the Nor Wester is a credit to the company.

To quote Bermuda "we aint seen nothing yet" although the industry does have a little bit of a PR excercise re fraccing and needs to separate itself from the CSG industry before we see the real blue sky.

gazprom1
27-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Gaz, F.D I think we could well see 8cents tested again and have to agree the Nor Wester is a credit to the company.

To quote Bermuda "we aint seen nothing yet" although the industry does have a little bit of a PR excercise re fraccing and needs to separate itself from the CSG industry before we see the real blue sky.

Hey Oiler,

Looks like we could finish the week around the 6 cent level which is excellent....been a great week for holders re SP movement. I hope 8 cents gets tested again in the coming weeks as the drill progresses.

Not sure whether you are interested or have read AZZ's recent report on the drill/ fraccing process. Gives a good insight into the time frames and processes involved albeit in the States. The technology is advancing so quickly that the recoveries from "old oil fields" is huge. The payback period from the wells is excellent as is the cost per barrel (I think they were at something like $13). Easy to see why the majors are gobbling up acreage. If NWE has a good result from A-2, we could see a re-rating of the company given it has secured more acreage in the area.

Gaz

bermuda
27-05-2011, 03:28 PM

Hi Oiler,
Am sitting here on the beach at Tanjung Rhu Resort. Only about 20 people here! But today 80 members of Petrofac have arrived celebrating 30 years of infrastructure support to the O&G industry. They started with 25 , now 14000 employees worldwide. I had to laugh...for a moment I thought their name was PETROFRAC!!!

Bharat and AWE plus a few majors will be more than looking on. Here's to a safe and successful drill. As always....The drill bit does the talking. If successful " We ain't seen nothing yet".

Financially dependant
27-05-2011, 07:54 PM

Couldn't agree more Oiler, good day for NWE today with excellent volume and not a large sell down for a Friday pm...What are your thoughts on the condensate potential Oiler?? Icing!!

Oiler
30-05-2011, 08:35 AM
Couldn't agree more Oiler, good day for NWE today with excellent volume and not a large sell down for a Friday pm...What are your thoughts on the condensate potential Oiler?? Icing!!

FD we know that the Kockatea has high TOC's but we dont know to what extent across the basin. The drill at AS2 and the subsequent stepout drilling will certainly confirm the extent. Liquids will be the icing on the cake :D

We should get the announcement this morning, confirming the Saturday afternoon Arrowsmith2 spud!!

Bermuda

I hope you are not spending too much time on the golf course at Datai Bay :cool:
How about dropping off at the Gold Coast on your way home. There is a 2 day Resources Conference in June at Surfers and this one is free ;).
Of particular interest for me is to talk with Nick Mather (DGR) about why DGR is so undervalued and Phil McNamara (Armour Energy) about there oil/gas potential and there upcoming float.

Go NWE

airedale
14-07-2011, 08:45 PM
NWE going down....but ....AWE has gone up by about 10% in the last month. Strange, as they are both going over the same piece of ground.

hal
14-07-2011, 11:14 PM
NWE going down....but ....AWE has gone up by about 10% in the last month. Strange, as they are both going over the same piece of ground.

could be the end of tax loss selling on AWE if that was the reason for AWE dropping.

JackSprat
16-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Keep watching. NWE is about to catch up. 21% rise yesterday.

Oiler
21-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Looks like NWE getting a wriggle on today. What do the Techies say? STRAT,Trackers et al

STRAT
21-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Looks like NWE getting a wriggle on today. What do the Techies say? STRAT,Trackers et alIts a bit exciting eh? G. Give me a second to have a wee look.

Yup a very good sign but nuttin to quit the day job over yet.

Oiler
22-07-2011, 07:10 AM
Its a bit exciting eh? G. Give me a second to have a wee look.

Bugga.. I quit the day job too soon :confused: How about a couple of days a week :t_up:

Oiler
02-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Its a bit exciting eh? G. Give me a second to have a wee look.

STRAT it looks like NWE is holding its own quite nicely.

I am hoping for some more news this week ;) and then of course the results from the core samples sent to the US lab before the end of this month. Lets hope this puts a rocket up its "ask your mother"

Bermuda is lining up caviar for a celebration in Perth early Sept. your all invited. :cool:

STRAT
10-08-2011, 06:21 PM
STRAT it looks like NWE is holding its own quite nicely.

I am hoping for some more news this week ;) and then of course the results from the core samples sent to the US lab before the end of this month. Lets hope this puts a rocket up its "ask your mother"

Bermuda is lining up caviar for a celebration in Perth early Sept. your all invited. :cool:
Not today G.
Thats a breakout on increased volume today.

To the down side.http://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/images/smilies/dead.gif

Not a good sign on an up day and with news pending. Hope someone doesnt know something we dont:scared:

Oiler
11-08-2011, 06:12 PM
Not today G.
Thats a breakout on increased volume today.

To the down side.http://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/images/smilies/dead.gif

Not a good sign on an up day and with news pending. Hope someone doesnt know something we dont:scared:

Definitely not a good day. :eek2:

The Fundymentals haven't changed but the market sentiment has definitely changed.

Tough choice with so many good income producing stocks going at bargain prices. Do I sell some ????? :confused:

STRAT
23-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Should I be getting excited again? G.

Oiler
24-08-2011, 09:35 AM
Should I be getting excited again? G.

Not this TH :mad ;: I suspect we have a delay in fraccing Arrowsmith (Enviro requirements)

The next TH should be the boomer we all have been waiting for the reults from US testing lab.:drool:

This game is not good for the nerves STRAT

airedale
25-08-2011, 02:20 PM
Hi Oiler, now there won't be any rush to stump up 10 cents for the options, if paid before the end of this month to gain a free option which would then be payable next year. Too many hurdles.

Oiler
25-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Hi Oiler, now there won't be any rush to stump up 10 cents for the options, if paid before the end of this month to gain a free option which would then be payable next year. Too many hurdles.

You're right Airedale, too many hurdles. I would love to know who the "third party" was that raised the question.

Crypto Crude
04-09-2011, 05:42 PM
im abit surprised NWE hasnt got its juice on...
with major intersections at arrowsmith, physical gas seeping from the cores...the water bucket test fizzing gas, cling film sweating gas...
its all there, and the big guns knew it before...
I guess thats why they were so excited, and they still are (im sure)...

Just got to be patient with the recent delay...

This is gona be huge when shale gas gets off the ground...
im watching ADE for abit of direction in the sector...

Boom it...
.^sc

Sharp737
05-09-2011, 06:18 PM
Hey, Great news!

ASX Announcement
Environmental Protection Authority determines not to assess Arrowsmith 2 Hydraulic Fracture Stimulation
Norwest Energy NL (Norwest) (ASX: NWE) is pleased to advise that The Western Australian Environmental Protection Authority ( EPA), has today published its determination of "Not Assessed - Public Advice Given" with respect to the proposal in relation to "Arrowsmith 2 Hydraulic Fracture Stimulation" EP413, 30 km North of Eneabba, Shire of Irwin.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20110905/pdf/420wsn7tgrv670.pdf

S

bermuda
05-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Shrewdy,
I have just got an email from Peter advising me of the restaurant where we will be dining tonight. It came with a message...."we have reason to celebrate".
Nothing is easy in this game but we are one step closer. Sharpie737 is on to it!
See you at the next Sharetrader meeting.
If Oiler was here I might be tempted to order crayfish. Probably a bit early.
Cheers

Sharp737
05-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Hey Bermuda, would love to catch up with you guys some time at a Sharetrader meeting or something similar in the future sometime

Financially dependant
09-09-2011, 06:57 PM
Bought back into NWE on close so now waiting for some good news about fracing and results from cores....

Corporate
22-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Guys, I haven't been following NWE. If someone has the time, I'd love to here thoughts on the fundamentals before I get stuck in.

Cheers
C

airedale
27-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Hi Corporate, NWE released its annual report to shareholders at 9.15 pm NZ time tonight. It is a good solid read.

ELYOB
10-11-2011, 04:06 AM
NWE is "showing what it wants" . Give Patersons 42m share placement + $60K + 5% CR = tells lots . These exe's always go at wrong time but this is a company run for these exe's. NWE + PCL have always done this over and over . Hope you all feel BAD! as I do. See the ASX announcement late tonight. CR = 3c. 1:8 for the peasants!

airedale
10-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Hi Elyob, if the current market weakness continues, you won't have to grumble about 1 for 8 allocation. You will be able to fill your boots at 3 cents....or even less.

tobo
11-11-2011, 08:13 AM
Issue price will be 3c.
Record date to determine entitlements 21 November 2011

If you want more than 1:8 (other than applying for more and hope you get lucky), you can buy more on market in next few day to increase your entitlement ?

Holding.

ps. however, market price dropped .3 to 3.3 cents last night, so one eight of 0.3 cents makes it not worth the bother for some.

ELYOB
12-11-2011, 04:30 PM
price has dropped to 3.2c Friday ....

This is an executive life-survival company , and they have set themselves selfishly . Only a token bait for ordinary peasants . 1:8 is worthless , and Patersons will reap the benefit along with what the executives pre empted in the underwriting . Go figure ...?

Shale oil plays require a lot of capital as we see turning out with the BPT play in the Cooper Basin . Why didnt NWE do a larger CR at a more strategic time with a better leverage factor .

Tobo , you are right it is probably not worth it, well the exec's are there to get $300,000 worth as sub-underwriters + Patersons again .

tobo
13-11-2011, 08:40 AM
putting aside the issue of Patersons/exec's lining their pockets,

1:8 is not as big a dilution as, well, a higher rate.
And as for the timing, the global turmoil has made it difficult to pick " a more strategic timing" so maybe small size of CR is a way of spreading risk.
Obviously we all hope sp will increase in coming months, but events may affect that.

I will certainly take up my allocation, as I am accumulating anyway, so may as well have some at 3c, and help with building company cash position at the same time.

I have a few investments now where it is agreed that management are being greedy, but in the end I have to make a call on whether holding or not holding is better for MY position, rather than sell (or not buy) in protest, a protest that will fall on deaf ears.

Crypto Crude
13-11-2011, 08:20 PM
greedy is not right...

think ambitious...

If you want to go shopping... well, you need petrol for the car...

Think of it like this... a journey...

about to tank up a shrewd crude report...

Oiler,
exclusive....

.^sc

Crypto Crude
15-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Today I picked a a fair wack...
Hope I didnt pay too much...
started to panic, cos I know what this is worth
.^sc

Crypto Crude
15-11-2011, 06:15 PM
yep,
... I got sandwiched between .037 and .038...
but still happy...
we are celebrating tonight... a big week for us and -->me....
My cousin/flatmate hitting it big too...
vegies planted in the garden... and we are ready to grow...
just like NWE...

.^sc

Crypto Crude
20-11-2011, 02:56 PM
I havent gone bull dog on many oilers at all in the last 3 years... but heres one Im very excited about being on board with...

Key factors supporting NWEs Bazooka future with shale...

-Arrowsmith flowed gas in the 1960's with arrowsmith-2 chalking up great intersections.

-Shales are continuous, meaning we will roll out producers without the usually high drilling failure rate...

-->>with the necessary state approvals and framework-<--, our shale will turn this 25m CAP into a billion Cap...and we are well on track to unlock this true potential, and soon...

-we are pending a flow test of Arrowsmith-2...

-two major pipelines running near our permit, Dampier-bunbury, and parmelia pipeline, one of which is running at 1/3 of capacity...

Huge WA gas price, which is twice as high as the eastern states.

-Perth set to become the first Major shale gas production area in Australia to commercialise shale gas

-ADE takeover supporting our recommendations...

-thick and gas rich shales...nice and juicy...

-NWE is the best leveraged shale gas stock in australia...

Shale is proven in the states meaning we can exploit and replicate the same successes as in the USA

heres a few snippets to lock it all together....

"The characteristics of many of the older shales in the Perth Basin are very similar to some of the more prolific shale gas producers in the USA such as the Eagleford shales in Texas"

"Shale gas now accounts for one-sixth of US gas production and it share of production is growing rapidly. Indeed, improvements in shale gas technology have turned the US from a potential importer of LNG to a country with excess gas production. "

"Explorers have long known that the shales that can hold large amounts of gas. But it has been difficult to extract the resource as shale has poor permeability, which inhibits the flow of gas.

However, innovations developed in the US have now made it commercially feasible to produce natural gas from shale rock. Horizontal drilling and fracture stimulation, or 'fraccing', increase the surface area of the well in contact with gas-bearing rock. This significantly boosts local permeability and increases the amount of gas that flows to surface.

As these techniques have become more effective and less expensive, their cost has fallen and there have been big surges in US shale gas production."

This stock is not without its risks... but, when you package it all together, with all the necessary information... NWE, the best stock around in unconventional gas...
Im topping up this week

.^sc

airedale
20-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Hi Shrewdy, lots of positives on NWE. It must be time to update your signature to "Holding two stocks.....>NGE and NWE.
You visited Oiler recently? any news on his condition?

Crypto Crude
21-11-2011, 08:08 AM
went and saw oiler with bermuda...
had a special catch up...

drop Graeme a message... its posted someone on the HC NWE thread...
.^sc

JackSprat
22-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Oi, you forgot to take me along :) Must be a biggie celebration lining up in the n/y when nwe does it's thing and gets fraccing. We should have a celebration every time she passes .20c mark, hahaha. Ummmm, that'd be at least one a week through the summer months :)

Crypto Crude
29-11-2011, 11:12 PM
bermuda,
Clear out some messages in your mailbox...
Its full, and the post man cant deliver...
.^sc

Crypto Crude
03-12-2011, 06:57 PM
well, I bought some more NWE this week at 3cents and Im fully loaded up...

EIA claiming 10 billion barrels of oil Equivalent in the Northern Perth Basin...
NWE with a strong footprint in this basin, and scope for upside...
with near tripling of WA pricing, and nearby pipelines, strong board working hard at making this happen....

shale gas, better than CSG...
This is opening up for International investment...
And here it comes from New Zealand...

.^sc

Financially dependant
04-12-2011, 04:59 PM
It's a great story Shrewdy, I got a few more 3.1 too...

well, I bought some more NWE this week at 3cents and Im fully loaded up...

EIA claiming 10 billion barrels of oil Equivalent in the Northern Perth Basin...
NWE with a strong footprint in this basin, and scope for upside...
with near tripling of WA pricing, and nearby pipelines, strong board working hard at making this happen....

shale gas, better than CSG...
This is opening up for International investment...
And here it comes from New Zealand...

.^sc

gazprom1
05-12-2011, 08:41 AM
Hi guys,

I also bought more last week at 3 cents. Was going to take up my rights entitlement but decided to buy on the market.

Gazprom

airedale
06-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Hi Elyob, if the current market weakness continues, you won't have to grumble about 1 for 8 allocation. You will be able to fill your boots at 3 cents....or even less.

Hi, all. My guess is that the floor has been reached. I took up my entitlement and bought more yesterday on market.

Corporate
06-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Joining the crowd fellas. Picked up 300,000 today.

Jay
06-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Picked up a few more as well - no where near Corporates number though, may as well join the party!

Corporate
06-12-2011, 07:00 PM
I'm very much looking forward to the announcement that we can get on with flow testing. And it looks like this is pretty much the bottom to launch off!

Good luck all and nice to see a lot of forum posters on board NWE.

drillfix
06-12-2011, 07:15 PM
Was thinking about joining the party also until I saw the 60 min chart which as a trader made me hold off for a day or two but the daily chart is shaping up also and any news would be an excellent spring launch for NWE.

Nothing beats all the gang on being on board and the technicals potentially lining up along with potential news incoming :)

Paddie
06-12-2011, 08:11 PM
And I took up my allocation yesterday through ASB securities (and BPAY).

This could be one big party with good results.

Paddie

bermuda
06-12-2011, 09:52 PM
And I took up my allocation yesterday through ASB securities (and BPAY).

This could be one big party with good results.

Paddie

Paddie,
I am thinking of buying some more. At one stage I dreamed of owning 147 million of them. But I decided to get a bit cautious. This is one of life's dreams if only commonsense can play it's part.

Been wrong before.... What ever happens it will be a fun ride. One that I am prepared to run.

ELYOB
07-12-2011, 12:22 AM
Can someone tell all about using B-Pay for the steps required by Entitlement . The company seems to have not published it after saying all instructions announced to ASX.Thankyou.

drillfix
07-12-2011, 01:00 AM
Can someone tell all about using B-Pay for the steps required by Entitlement . The company seems to have not published it after saying all instructions announced to ASX.Thankyou.

ELYOB,

If you received a form for the entitlement, you will have a

1. a BPAY Biller Code you add to your Biller Account in your Address book in your netbank.
2. a Reference Number.
3. your Holder number.

When you choose Pay Bill just add a new biller and or find the biller by the Biller Code. This should come up with the Biller and Reference number.

Then you may need to also put in your holder reference number in the Reference so they can recognise your payment and then the amount you subscribe to in dollars which should be specified which allocation you wish to take out.

OR sometimes the reference number will be different by each allocation size, but this depends on how each raising is done.

After this is done, your allocation will appear into your registered account which should be stated on a timetable previously issued.

That is the basics anyway, and always allow a day or two prior to the cut off date so it clears in good time which should be only 24 Hours, but if in NZ then allow another day to be safe or superstitious...lol

I dont have any entitlement and will try to jump in on any breakout.

Hope that helps mate :)

airedale
07-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Hi, Elyob, if you deal with the National Bank in NZ, or possibly ASB, or Direct Broking, then you can fill in the acceptance form and email it through to them. They will deal with it and deduct the money from your nominated account. Ring them first and get the name of the person who will handle it.
It saves the bother of getting a bank draft in NZ.

bermuda
07-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Hi, Elyob, if you deal with the National Bank in NZ, or possibly ASB, or Direct Broking, then you can fill in the acceptance form and email it through to them. They will deal with it and deduct the money from your nominated account. Ring them first and get the name of the person who will handle it.
It saves the bother of getting a bank draft in NZ.

Elyob,
I do all my trading on the Directbroking site by myself paying about $30 per trade. They have a multi currency set up which is very useful. For instance I recently sold some BOW and directed the proceeds into my ASX account. When it was completed ( 3days to settle )I sent Dirctbroking a scan/email of my NWE entitlement form and asked them to pay by Bpay as per the Bpay details.

It is very easy and much better than the previous system which would have neccessitated selling BOW and converting the proceeds to $NZ and then transferring them into the BNZ and then asking the BNZto raise a $A cheque which would have made me incur 2 currency losses and pay the bank a fee for the cheque. Plus a lot of time. Directbroking did the lot so easily.

ELYOB
07-12-2011, 11:55 AM
Thankyou people , I am O/S atm . Just need B-pay data . Tackling the problem now. I am actually holding sizeable amount of NWE av3.3c . It looks fairly good alround . From Perth myself and I know the Western Australian Govt is distracted atm as the environmental dept* is under attack over a crisis of recent bushfires that they lit and got away destroying 40 houses in a control burn . The minister got the sack etc ,etc ,etc.,. Now the processes of Govt may well be slow for minister approvals . Also, the Woodside Huge Gas hub at Broome approval got killed in the courts last few days , they* were slack in crossing the "t's" so more Dept problemo's!

drillfix
07-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Hi people,

I am also now in @ 3.2c for a small parcel, for a short term trade / experiment / ride whatever.

Has been a while since trading NWE but it was close to these levels previously (years ago I think) when entered.

Bring on the news if, should or when it becomes available :)

ps:

This stock really needs to bounce off 3.1c again so I hope it will just do it and get it over with so the technicals can line up a bit faster :P

jdg
19-12-2011, 09:08 PM
i joined the NWE party today.

i note that the co believes that the minister is expected to make a call on Arrowsmith-2 'shortly'.

do we have any idea what 'shortly' might mean in reality? also, what levels of certainty are there around this decision? i'm asking length-of-string questions here, but i was hoping there might have been some guidance given from precedence set by past cases or expert commentary around the traps. it appears to be a rather pivotal decision and should be a very big value point.

at this stage i've just had a wee punt, but the last time i did that was on AVB and it made 2010 a great year. i'm hoping for the same here.

thanks for any input.

-j

Sharp737
20-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Great time to buy. You will do well

:)

trackers
21-12-2011, 10:12 AM
I'm also onboard...

Geez the latest top 20 makes interesting reading, looking forward to giving a certain someone a bit of stick at the next Chch catchup :D

drillfix
21-12-2011, 12:26 PM
I actually bought in previously when posted, got the jitters, sold for the same entry, then now just bought back in.

Usually I like to do it the other way round (while the stock rises), but will give the slight rise i n RSI, OBV (tiny) and Williams %R the benefit of the doubt however 2.9c seems to be the floor so I am not really gonna worry too much as not concerned or obsessed with picking the low for an entry.

In short, I too am back in..lol :)

STRAT
21-12-2011, 01:24 PM
In short, I too am back in..lol :)You dont do "in short" drilly:p

Looks like the whole of Share Trader is in this one. Pretty popular in the 2012 Comp too.
Graeme would be pleased

drillfix
21-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Yes indeed Strat.

And I will do my darnedest to hold this stock till something arises from it, however if I suddenly see large sell orders building up where a dump feels like it is coming, I tend to run for the exits out of pure routine.

Am still considering my picks for the comp and will select a couple of days to the end of year.

Never actually had the pleasure to meet Graeme, but he sounded like a top bloke.

drillfix
21-12-2011, 03:02 PM
Looks like the whole of Share Trader is in this one.

STRAT, the way I trade I feel like I have bought a ticket to a major concert or something, however I dont exactly know when the date of this concert is...lol

You ever get that feeling?

jdg
21-12-2011, 04:53 PM
my nervousness stems from the politics around this one. once the politicans get involved the variables become near impossible to predict. we wont move anywhere, in my view, before word comes from the minister - and what's said will undoubtedly move us up or down in a hurry. given he would have to rule against the decision of EPA, i think the odds are probably in our favour.

i'm happy to take a punt on it. but i do see it as a punt.

-j

Corporate
21-12-2011, 04:57 PM
jdg, my view too!

drillfix
21-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the info there jdg.

Any idea how long this will take or ideas to when we could expect such an announcement?

Financially dependant
21-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the info there jdg.

Any idea how long this will take or ideas to when we could expect such an announcement?

The hope or spin is before xmas break...

drillfix
21-12-2011, 07:55 PM
The hope or spin is before xmas break...

Jeebers FD, xmas break is Friday coming.

In the meantime, 52 week support at 2.9c has been continually respected which is another good sign for NWE (imo)

Although, should no spin come out, or good news, or favorable info for NWE then anything could happen in these markets.

Financially dependant
21-12-2011, 09:50 PM
In the meantime, 52 week support at 2.9c has been continually respected which is another good sign for NWE (imo)

Although, should not spin come out, or good, or favorable for NWE then anything could happen in these markets.

Agreed DF, the weekly cuts out the noise quite nicely and shows the 2.9c level tested and retested....been buying at these levels hoping the spin is correct plus down side has some protection..

jdg
23-12-2011, 10:08 AM

last guidence was at the AGM on nov 30. the co said 'shortly'. i'm keen to hear from anyone who might have a view on what that may mean in reality. unless it comes through today, we will have a wait of the summer break, i'd hazzard a guess.

-j

drillfix
23-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Let us see now,

We are actually waiting on a EPA Approval announcement on Arrowsmith for the from the WA gov is this correct?

I see there is some movement with 3.1c getting wiped, some speculation perhaps that today is the Ann day?

Who thinks what of what will happen when the ann is issued?

STRAT
23-12-2011, 02:25 PM
STRAT, the way I trade I feel like I have bought a ticket to a major concert or something, however I dont exactly know when the date of this concert is...lol

You ever get that feeling?I usually dont know when the Concert is. Im prone to Scalping my tickets before the gig in any case. :D

drillfix
23-12-2011, 03:41 PM
I usually dont know when the Concert is. Im prone to Scalping my tickets before the gig in any case. :D

Well you know what they say about scalpers though Strat? You usually have to pay them a premium.

20 minutes of last day pre Xmas left.

Will a magic ann come in the last minute or at the ending preAcution?

Will make for great reading over Xmas if it does.

drillfix
28-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Will a magic ann come in the last minute or at the ending preAcution?

Well, I usually dislike answering my own questions, so the simple answer is NO.

Plus, certainly no magic with this one by the looks of things getting sold back down to 3c again.

Either time to buy more or time to punch out, though as always, time will tell.

drillfix
04-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Is this ann what you guys have (including me) been waiting for or is this an extra?

Norwest awarded 5 exploration licences in the Wessex Basin

gazprom1
04-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Hey DF,

It has been in the pipeline but it is not the decision concerning Arrowsmith 2 that is imminent.

New Year is off to a great start DF - feels good to have recouped some losses from 2011 at such an early stage. Wonder if the US can get some economic traction this year and pull global markets with it??!!! Wishful thinking no doubt.

Trust you well.

Gaz

drillfix
04-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Hi Gaz,

Good to hear that some recoupe is coming your way, I hope you prosper while the going is good.

I too also hope the US does get some traction however, I am very suspicious of the whole ordeal with US and EU as there remains many untold (sold) stories, but there is no harm in wishing, nor hopefully capitalising along the way to the best we can.

Hope all is welll with you too mate :)

drillfix
05-01-2012, 06:12 PM
I must say, I am enjoying the way NWE is doing a gradual run up, day by day or week by week small increments.

Rather than the daytrader explosion where by HC rampers take over and bend the actual truth or reality to pocket only for a short hour.

So far so good.

Financially dependant
05-01-2012, 08:47 PM
I must say, I am enjoying the way NWE is doing a gradual run up, day by day or week by week small increments.

Rather than the daytrader explosion where by HC rampers take over and bend the actual truth or reality to pocket only for a short hour.

So far so good.

I couldn't agree more DF...I have been waiting a while for the Frac'ing of A2 so a little positive SP action makes the wait a little easier..

drillfix
05-01-2012, 10:29 PM
I couldn't agree more DF...I have been waiting a while for the Frac'ing of A2 so a little positive SP action makes the wait a little easier..

Yes indeed FD, much easier and it also makes it easier to add to the position, as I had a couple of orders in today that never got filled.

Can just this stock is on the edge of another breakout and for a second thought it was gonna be today but when it happens the price will be back up to 4c + to 5c in no time at all ~IMO.

trackers
06-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Looking good, though to my eye volumes look like traders getting onboard rather than something like insiders in the know...

drillfix
06-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Yes trackers, it appears a few traders, and perhaps some others adding to their position on the up move. I missed out yesterday on adding, but ahh well, I think I will wait for that feeling of the imminent breakout, which doesn't appear to be to be happening today.

Gaz,
Was gonna answer you in the 2012 comp thread regarding NWE however thought it would be better posted here, but yeah it seems many both hold and have chosen NWE, I too also going to choose it but there is too much choice out there with stocks off their lows still so a tough choice.

Hope this one treats us all well in the meantime as it currently is moving in the right direction :)

soulman
06-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Big volume going through today (over 10 mil). Not sure whether to sell or buy more. I choose the buy more. Lowest price paid is 3 cents so plenty of room to re-adjust if things go wrong.

drillfix
06-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Not sure whether to sell or buy more. I choose the buy more. Lowest price paid is 3 cents so plenty of room to re-adjust if things go wrong.

LOL souly, exactly mate.

Myself, I main always add to a winning position and avoid adding a losing position.
Today see the NWE daily RSI making a higher high = to me, Add.

In fact, I will add a small parcel as it should at least rev up to 3.7c to the 150ema either today or monday.

Would also be good for the stock to take a breather for a day to.

I have orders in at 3.2c plus 3.3c and now 3.4c I dont mind supporting the buy side and taking the slack with any weakness in price, but IMO there still is room to move up.

Although real party begins over 4c IMO.

ps: it appears we now have Friday end of week Weakness starting to show through but anything can happen.

soulman
07-01-2012, 11:56 PM
Good moves Drill. Adding to winning position is the only way to go. A few percenta gain 5.9% with 11 mil volume. Anything of that magnitude Monday would see NWE in the very high 3's.

Crypto Crude
08-01-2012, 12:26 AM
Hello everybody,
Hope everyone is safe and well...

I tried to change the title of this thread 6 months ago, and couldn't do it...
And to be honest I just cant be bothered anymore, as I tried all the various ways...
perhaps if a mod could do this would be worth it...

so have to think of this as crash bashing and destroying the market return...

posting up on HC...

Weeeeeee...
.^sc

The Big Ease
08-01-2012, 02:31 AM
you were very bullish on page 1, 2007 shrewdy. Just before the big crash.
Let's see if NWE can recover to half those highs.

Corporate
08-01-2012, 08:02 AM
Hello everybody,
Hope everyone is safe and well...

Same to you SC. I just got back from a great holiday - pity about the weather. Although there were many NWE day dreams :). We may need to start planning a 2012 NWE Party...

Crypto Crude
08-01-2012, 09:57 AM
The big ease,
I was a huge fan of NWE and AED back those years for different projects that didn't work...
these two companies I took some of my best profits off...
NWE is now a different company...
I got laughed at on SS when I said I sold my NWE, (because it had such lofty projects)...

often/sometimes things change...
Got to be prepared to sell anything if things change...
take care

.^sc

Crypto Crude
08-01-2012, 09:58 AM
and likewise, for buying too...

The Big Ease
08-01-2012, 11:46 AM
it looks interesting ;)

Crypto Crude
08-01-2012, 11:59 AM
What does?

.^sc

spike
08-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Hi Shrewd I have increased my holding in NWE as well. Just made it in time with buys at 3.0 and 3.1. Fingers crossed it should be a good week

Should catch up next time you are in Auckland

Spike

Crypto Crude
08-01-2012, 05:21 PM
hey corporate, hey spike,
Good to see yous getting involved at the beginning of the shale boom liftoff...

feeling blessed because I looked and looked at NWE and did nothing about it...
and now, its starting to feel like is all falling into place...

Boy,
weekends suck...

lets get trading...
:cool:.
^sc

bermuda
08-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Shrewdy,
I will be watching with interest tomorrow. Does anyone on Sharetrader know about this "3 Soldiers" chart thing that is sending the HC boys into a spin???? Probably the charts catching up with Fundamentals. Apparently these 3 Soldiers come up once in a blue moon.

I wonder where KB is???

Good luck longs.

Crypto Crude
08-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Our last contact with KB was through oiler...
what a shame,
KB will be well a wear of whats brewing with NWE.....

looks like the timing in near...
something is cooking...
lets journey...

NWE is BACK...
.^sc

drillfix
08-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Shrewdy,
I will be watching with interest tomorrow. Does anyone on Sharetrader know about this "3 Soldiers" chart thing that is sending the HC boys into a spin???? Probably the charts catching up with Fundamentals. Apparently these 3 Soldiers come up once in a blue moon.

I wonder where KB is???

Good luck longs.

Hi Bermuda,

Sometimes the tech babble can make folks into crystal ball psycho callers, yet whist in the TA communities the 3 soldiers are a considered by candle theorists as one of the more bullish formations, hence why the excitement on HC.

The opposite of this would be 3 black crows.

Now, being in a gold stock trade about a year and a bit ago, I saw this formation appear and considering the risk, my position at the time and this Bearish formation presenting itself, I choose to cut losses in my swing trade, as I thought that price was going to come tumbling down.

As it turns out, it fell a slight bit and bounced back up to new highs and then kept on going from 80c + to $2.00+ dollars and I felt like a real goose for buying or should I say, selling into the omen of what sometimes can be a disaster.

Now back to NWE and the (actually it should be called) Three White Soldiers.

Taken from Investopedia (http://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/three_white_soldiers.asp#axzz1irUIgKB0) as follows:
===================================
Investopedia explains 'Three White Soldiers'

These long-bodied candlesticks are a sign of the change in investor sentiment and are used by traders to confirm a shift in momentum.

This pattern may form after a period of consolidation, which is still a valid sign of a move higher, but it is not as desirable as it would be if it were found at the end of a prolonged downtrend.
===================================

Now, failing the issue of the news or Fundamentals to prevail, then no doubt price will reverse both traders and investors will revert back to previous positions. IMO.

Saying that, hope the FA comes good for NWE, as its been a while since I held or traded this though potentially exciting times for the co.

Hope this helps,

ps:
Shrewdy, if you want to edit the thread title, read my signature and click the link as this will show you how to do that.
Failing that, just PM Shasta or ST MOD whom with what you want it changed to, but it should be quite easy to do so.
Good luck with that mate.

shasta
09-01-2012, 04:58 AM
Let me know what you want the thread title to read SC

bermuda
09-01-2012, 08:52 AM
Thanks Drilly,
A professional reply. As always. Let's hope we can can get some Fundamental news this week....Like a full approval to frac.

jdg
09-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Let's hope we can can get some Fundamental news this week....Like a full approval to frac.

yeah, for sure, i'd prefer the price to rise on fundamentals and not because traders have seen soliders in their tea leaves. notwithstanding that, i'm pretty interested in today's price action given the current interest around the stock. furthermore, i can't see us getting ministerial approval for a wee while, at least not until everybody beds down after the holiday period - although i hope i'm wrong on that.

-j

The Big Ease
09-01-2012, 11:48 AM
What does?

.^sc

I think nwe does!

STRAT
09-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Does anyone on Sharetrader know about this "3 Soldiers" chart thing that is sending the HC boys into a spin???? .Hi Super B.
A single indicator and on its own not a big deal. Possible short trade setup. From your perspective and investing style of no importance at all.

Best tell them HC boys to settle down I reckon :lol:

Happy New year.

bermuda
09-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Thanks Strat and Happy New Year to you.
I researched back through this thread from the beginning. It makes for interesting reading!!! Those Puffin days were quite exciting. Hoprfully they might return. Mattyroo said the demise of Puffin was due to an early high water cut and too much sand clogging up the system. AED seemed to say that it was only due to drilling and operational reasons. Does anyone know the real reason?

There is a good little article on asxguru.com.au norwest secures uk oil permits posted on HC. These permits are worth a lot more than the market appreciates but in the meantime we are of course awaiting fraccing news.

Best get you down here for a party sometime.
Cheers
B

STRAT
09-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Best get you down here for a party sometime.
Cheers
BLove to.
Mind you. An NWE party without G will be a bit like a Beatles Gig without John Lennon. :(

drillfix
09-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Looks like its all about taking profits for some today.

Kinda thought this would happen eventually, but more no more so obvious than today.

Tell ya what though, dont know how long this WA permit will take but if it drags out for too long then this will continue in its current range bound levels of 3 -3.8c it seems.

Dont think this will get over 4c without a Frac permit, IMO.

In the meantime, the daily indicators are starting to turn/reverse showing potential weakness to test 3.3c again.

Hope it doesn't though anything can happen with these stocks whilst info is pending.

Somebody please tell Hangseng than his Soldiers have done an about face on him...lol

Corporate
15-01-2012, 08:26 AM
bermunda, have you been in touch with Peter of late re the status of approvals?

Cheers
C

bermuda
15-01-2012, 10:18 AM
bermunda, have you been in touch with Peter of late re the status of approvals?

Cheers
C

Yes, Peter is in continuous communication with the Appeals Convenor. We just have to be patient and do things correctly. Good things take time. That was a good article from TBE on the shale thread.
Bermuda

jdg
16-01-2012, 09:30 AM
from memory NWE were hoping to book the rig for mid january. i wonder what this delay means for the timing of the drill and when the rig might next become available. this one is a waiting game currently, but so long as things eventially go our way, patience will be very well rewarded. it's a high risk high reward play. I love it.

-j

drillfix
16-01-2012, 01:01 PM
And down we go again.

Unfortunately it wont take this much to get back to 3c while we undertake this "waiting game".

Mr. Market or the people in dont seem to like this game much, hence the sell off IMO. Yet either somebody knows something about a rig, perhaps a delay? or perhaps permits even? Dont want to gossip so will not speculate this but usually things happen for a reason.

Adding to this, it seems many stocks across the board are getting sold off so guess it can be expected.

STRAT
16-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Hi Drilly. Doesnt look like a sell off to me. No volume in it. Apart from a keen punter between the 4th and the 6th it looks more like business as usual, bouncing around in a trading range between 2.9 and 3.6c

drillfix
16-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Yes agree NWE is still in a range as you say Stat, but a sell off still equals a lower price anyway, with or without volume!

It seems the sellers have now out weighted the buys which was in reverse previously, though becoming more even now.

STRAT
16-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Definition of 'Sell-Off' The rapid selling of securities, such as stocks, bonds and commodities. The increase in supply leads to a decline in the value of the security.
Read more: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/sell-off.asp#ixzz1jaRtczL9

Is this happening to NWE? Reckon not. Drilly. Not yet anyway.

drillfix
16-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Geebers Strat. Your doing a Mr. P on us~! LOL

I am sure you know what I am referring to.

Meanwhile, solid support building at 3c

STRAT
16-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Geebers Strat. Your doing a Mr. P on us~! LOL I am sure you know what I am referring to. Meanwhile, solid support building at 3clol.
Im havin a nit pickin day. Sorry dude.

but I will take "doin a Mr P" as a compliment :D and it aint a sell off :p:eek2::lol:

drillfix
16-01-2012, 05:05 PM
lol.
Im havin a nit pickin day. Sorry dude.

but I will take "doin a Mr P" as a compliment :D and it aint a sell off :p:eek2::lol:

Yep Strat, that is a compliment, and in many ways I miss the "P meister" with some his man of his finess teachings as some times things getting drummed into you seems to make you think a bit more than previously.

Hope the P fella will get back for a hello and read of all the bogus posts and moves we all can be guilty of...LOL

jdg
16-01-2012, 05:33 PM
it was those traders and their three bloody soldiers that took us up, and the same traders have brought us back down again, i would assume. i think we need the minister’s decision to give the sp a meaningful and permanent nudge. i think if it comes back in the affirmative we will bounce straight into the 4s and perhaps a fair bit higher leading up to spud. in the meantime, i'm taking the opportunity to pick up a few more. my holding is very modest, but i'm beginning to the like the story. actually, i'm really just enamoured with the potential upside...

downside exists, for sure. god knows how long the minister might take – and heaven help us if he deems we need to be assessed. then there’s rig availability, and whether or not the gas will flow. Oh yeah, heaps of hurdles...but the upside...the upside!...half of sharetrader will be in new cars...houses...castles.

-j

STRAT
16-01-2012, 06:19 PM
...half of sharetrader will be in new cars...houses...castles.

-j
You are clearly holdin a few more of these than I am. J. :D

jdg
16-01-2012, 06:23 PM
i wont forget my mates, Strat. you can always come over for a beer. i'll make sure the drawbridge is down...

-j

STRAT
16-01-2012, 06:53 PM
i wont forget my mates, Strat. you can always come over for a beer. i'll make sure the drawbridge is down...

-jThanks Bud. So the NWE Party ( without G :( ) will now be held at J's castle :D

Do we come in costume?

bermuda
16-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Thanks Bud. So the NWE Party ( without G :( ) will now be held at J's castle :D

Do we come in costume?
I vote we go for J's castle. Got a full house for a while. I keep thinking about G. I will miss him heaps when I go to the March O&G in Sydney.
Let's hope things pan out for NWE the way we hope.

Nice to catch up with you and Mattyroo at G's.

STRAT
16-01-2012, 11:04 PM
I vote we go for J's castle. Got a full house for a while. I keep thinking about G. I will miss him heaps when I go to the March O&G in Sydney.
Let's hope things pan out for NWE the way we hope.

Nice to catch up with you and Mattyroo at G's.Hi Super B. Was nice to see you fellas too though the circumstances could have been better.
Im thinkin J will only have a Castle in which to hold the party AFTER and if NWE comes in.

Been giving this Shale thing some extra thought tonight spurred on by how plump and ripe my SXY shares have become.

Any change you could list your Favourites in order of potential.

Currently holding NWE and SXY

I see theres a real chance SXY could go the way of RPM which would be a bit dissapointing.

bermuda
17-01-2012, 12:18 AM
Hi Super B. Was nice to see you fellas too though the circumstances could have been better.
Im thinkin J will only have a Castle in which to hold the party AFTER and if NWE comes in.

Been giving this Shale thing some extra thought tonight spurred on by how plump and ripe my SXY shares have become.

Any change you could list your Favourites in order of potential.

Currently holding NWE and SXY

I see theres a real chance SXY could go the way of RPM which would be a bit dissapointing.

Yeah, we dug deep to try and realise a decent RPM price but it was just too hard. Still, a 5 bagger is not be snorted at. Before I list my favourite shares I would like to warn you that 6 of the last 8 purchasers have been losers. So be very careful.
Here we go.
NWE Proven Gas Fields about to be fracced. Awaiting EPA approvals. Strat, take a punt on this.
SXY Some broker valued it at $2.67. What a laugh. It is worth $10
STX Right next door to SXY
NSE Could explode
OXX Bright horizons.

Stay very defensive this year ( apart from NWE ) The Middle East is in Turmoil with the emphasis on oil.

The Big Ease
17-01-2012, 12:21 AM
No BUL Bermuda?

bermuda
17-01-2012, 12:30 AM
No BUL Bermuda?
I completely forgot about it. I try and put non performers at the back of my brain, ....Disappointing but it will not be too long before this one is on everyone's buy list. I suppose I would put it 3rd between SXY and STX. We all must stay alert this year. And here I am forgetting my dear old BUL. We will have our Maryborough day. Govt willing.

STRAT
17-01-2012, 08:26 AM
Yeah, we dug deep to try and realise a decent RPM price but it was just too hard. Still, a 5 bagger is not be snorted at. Before I list my favourite shares I would like to warn you that 6 of the last 8 purchasers have been losers. So be very careful.
Here we go.
NWE Proven Gas Fields about to be fracced. Awaiting EPA approvals. Strat, take a punt on this.
SXY Some broker valued it at $2.67. What a laugh. It is worth $10
STX Right next door to SXY
NSE Could explode
OXX Bright horizons.

Stay very defensive this year ( apart from NWE ) The Middle East is in Turmoil with the emphasis on oil.Hi Bermuda.

RPM was a great win for me too so not complaining.

Glad to see the two I have are at the top of your list. SXY at $10:eek2: Dunno about that but if it got there Id be able to get that Castle after all. lol.

Have already entered NWE. Got in when Graeme tipped them at around 2.8c and have held through a few sell signals. Lets just say its the only stock I have ever had an emotional attachment too.

Dunno about STX. They have a bit of a track record for not gettin it done.

Will check out the others.

Thanks for that

jdg
17-01-2012, 10:26 AM

furthermore, i'm from christchurch and i've rather been put off large structures made of stone. they tend to crumble to the ground. moreover, my moat would undoubtedly be full of liquefaction in about five minutes flat. sure, i'd let the damsel from the turret come down and clean it up, but i'm not sure how long she'd put up with that for. i may have to rethink this one.

i'll give this due consideration as i have a wee look down bermuda's list and see what gems he's tossed up.

-j

The Big Ease
19-01-2012, 10:54 AM
Wow! Who didn't know that?

EP413, like elsewhere in the Perth Basin, holds three important shale sequences: the Carynginia, the Koctatea and the Irwin River Coal measures. Norwest reckons around 40 per cent of the 125,000 acre permit has the potential for the presence of shale that have the right characteristics to produce gas. The shales here are known to produce gas: in the 1960s the Arrowsmith-1 well in EP413 flowed at initial production rates as high as 4 million cubic feet per day from the Caryinginia without fracture stimulation.

a question though about the following:

ARROWSMITH-2
The Arrowsmith-2 well was successfully drilled in June 2011, with the drilling and evaluation results exhibiting necessary shale gas indicators, with the hydraulic stimulation and flow test programs now the final two phases to be undertaken in order to complete this proof of concept program. These final results will then provide the necessary data to:
 High-grade target intervals for subsequent development.  Scale up the flow results from the vertical well to predict production rates for
horizontal wells.  Design an appropriate program for the next phase.  Estimate contingent resource volumes.

If Arrowsmith-1 flowed 4m initially without fraccing, why hasn't arrowsmith-2 flowed a similar amount or even flowed at all?! What are the necessary shale gas indicators?

Corporate
19-01-2012, 03:55 PM
TBE, I remember seeing that 4mcf previously. I guess why would you flow test A2, pre facture, if you new approximately what it was going to flow...I could be wrong

drillfix
19-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Bit of a bugger whilst waiting for these EPA approvals.

Is it possible that there are some in the know that others don't know? as WA is a shocker when it comes those type of matters, IMO.

Or perhaps a bounce off of 3c while we scale through the trading range!

Corporate
19-01-2012, 06:52 PM
DF, I reckon it is just traders getting bored and moving onto the next hottest thing.

drillfix
19-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Dunno Corp, ts hard to say really, I dont feel traders dump 1.x million shares on the close with each parcel, and throughout the day.

Again, its a tricky one to pick although to me, the volume is suggesting someone making an exit with 7.4M gone through today on the distribution side, hence what I said what I did previously.

Hope I am wrong, but regardless I have another order in @ 3c just above the 52 week low.

To me, if 3c dont hold then somebody surely knows something, IMO.

airedale
20-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Are there any guesstimates as to what the SP will drop to if there is no EPA approval for fracking. It would be a short term negative, but I wonder if the company has plan B.

The Big Ease
20-01-2012, 02:55 PM
for every transaction, there needs to be a counterparty.
If someone dumped 7.4m shares, who bought them? The SP hasn't collapsed. Cheer up lads.

drillfix
20-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Big Ease,

Nobody is saying the share price has collapsed. However the shareprice obviously has fallen half a cent from 3.6c back down to 3.1 and virtually boarders on testing 3c, which in one way can be expected as its in its trading range.

The point previously made was, the stock is in trading range sure, but if there was some thoughts of positive outcome for this EPA or gradual speculation that the possibility would eventuate then surely the SP would be moving towards higher highs and speculators would or should have no problem with breaking past 3.6c.

After all, if these get approved then speculatively speaking, this would completely re-rate the company, would it not?
Yet again, if this does not happen (as Airedale has asked) then what will happen? Well, IMO I feel a test of 2.9c would be a certainty at least, and breaking to a lower value than 2.9c would see the price in time to come test even lower values, though no crystal ball figures here.

If it were not for the Shale potential with NWE, I do not believe I would be here. In fact, I am sure many would not be here, but I will let them speak for themselves.

Overall Point = When a stock falls from 3.6c to 3.1c based upon these permits, then either somebody potentially already knows something that you, me and others do not, as for why would all of a suddenly slow but surely they Exit from their so this so called Company Re-rating Position?

soulman
20-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Drill, all along I suspect it was Pattersons that's selling since they got massive lot for 3 cents in the shortfall.

Hence, always be on guard RE: pump and dump. I know you are always on guard but maybe this one slip by you.

The Big Ease
20-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Why would a minister go against the EPA?
Not much chance, is there?

macduffy
20-01-2012, 04:39 PM
In fact, I am sure many would not be here, but I will let them speak for themselves.

As a survivor from the Great NWE Puffin disaster of a few years ago I've learnt not to leave my cash in NWE when the SP turns down. A great stock to trade but not a serious investment, in my book.

drillfix
20-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Why would a minister go against the EPA?
Not much chance, is there?

Not much chance?

Its not just the minister who has to consider, as the minister has to also hear the locals out.

WA is not just a simple push over on every part of its dirt Big Ease, there are environmental groups galore over there as well and depending on the climate or if there is a debate, then it really is up in the air and not just an ordinary pushover.

Food for thought anyway.

bermuda
20-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Drill, all along I suspect it was Pattersons that's selling since they got massive lot for 3 cents in the shortfall.

Hence, always be on guard RE: pump and dump. I know you are always on guard but maybe this one slip by you.

Soulman,
Pattersons sold out a while ago to interested investors. Whether they sell is anyone's guess but I am picking they will stay. Good to see an update today.

The Big Ease
20-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Not much of an update though bermuda.
Is there a more elaborate explanation on the "success" of the initial drilling of A2?

airedale
21-01-2012, 08:05 AM
There seems to be an assumtion, in the update, that the minister's decision will be favourable. They are saying that the fraccing equipment will be mobilised when the decision is announced.

drillfix
21-01-2012, 11:02 PM
Airdale, I was gonna make a post reflecting this exact sentiment yesterday but was busy.

Yesterday's Ann from NWE is nearly identical to the one issued on 30 Nov 2011 with the exception of half of the 2nd paragraph on page one, which on the new Ann today states:

Following the announcement of the Minister’s decision, on-site activities
will recommence immediately in preparation for delivery of the frac spread for the
fracture stimulation and flow testing program.

Now as you say Airedale, or in some ways, NWE seem to actually make it sound like a done deal or a know result by the way they post in a kinda way.

30 Nov 2011 said: Additionally, upon the announcement of the Ministers decisions it is intended to recommence on-site
20 Jan 2012 said: Following the announcement of the Minister’s decision, on-site activities will recommence

Now just trying to decipher the way the company has worded each Ann, as both sound like its a done deal, however why is the long and drawn out wait, or process for decision or acceptance?

To me, if they have to consider this appeal or to give acceptance, then surely there are other issues or things they must be thinking about or to take into consideration which may not be as easy for them to give acceptance, though what would these issues be to cause such a delay??

Thats all I want to know, as too many times these feel good simple Ann's have burnt a hole in my pocket so hence my query to stay objective, thats all.

ps:
Still holding a small parcel though remain Objective.

tobo
22-01-2012, 07:59 AM
The business plan is reliant on a successful outcome.
No success, no business. All activities are aligned towards doing whatever it takes to succeed.
Although failure is possible, management are charged to ensuring failure does not occur.

The wording is just phrasing the INTENT of the business. They are not going to explain that if they are turned down, they will cancel this, sell that, and fire those people. So I do not think the wording means they secretly know they are 100% going to succeed, it just means they know the HAVE to succeed and that the EXPECT to succeed.

100% certainty would see Mr Market at a very different sp.

(Yes, I hold.)

drillfix
22-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Tobo, the problem here for some of us is that there are two sides of the coin.

NWE only seem to be speaking (in the Ann) of one side of the coin, that is what is scary (for some of us).

Please dont take me the wrong way here as I want NWE to achieve its goals, but when I see wording like this, I cannot help but to think about URA when it was in full swing, delays, appeals, and a whole bunch of positive Wash to put failure out of the minds of shareholders while the dragged carrots all the way up the road.

Now to cut a long story short, Uran broke me, took me out of the game. Now I know this is not Uran, nor are the politics or the geographics the same, but that is not what concerns me as, when I read stuff whereby NWE sounds like its a done deal and there is no deal yet, nor the other side of the coin to be heard of, then I instantly expect for the worst.

ps:
I still hold a small parcel

tobo
24-01-2012, 07:31 AM
Yes, each of us ascribes a percentage change of bad outcome. One person may call NWE 5% chance, another might call it 30%. I guess your point is that we would love to know what NWE themselves think their chance is, and your concern is that it might be worse than is implied in their announcements. Confidence in management is a really important plank to FA investors and loss of confidence can have a big affect on SP.
Someone recently changed the thread title. It used to refer to something about sucking money out of shareholders : there was a loss of confidence in management back whenever, and that's how we got down to 3c.
You have now prompted/reminded me to do a bit more research into the management.
(You are heavy on TA, aren't you, but I guess you combine both, with FA having greater importance the longer term the investment)

drillfix
24-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Yes, each of us ascribes a percentage change of bad outcome. One person may call NWE 5% chance, another might call it 30%. I guess your point is that we would love to know what NWE themselves think their chance is, and your concern is that it might be worse than is implied in their announcements. Confidence in management is a really important plank to FA investors and loss of confidence can have a big affect on SP.
Someone recently changed the thread title. It used to refer to something about sucking money out of shareholders : there was a loss of confidence in management back whenever, and that's how we got down to 3c.
You have now prompted/reminded me to do a bit more research into the management.
(You are heavy on TA, aren't you, but I guess you combine both, with FA having greater importance the longer term the investment)

Nicely dialog there tobo.

This thread from memory was Crash, Bash and Destroy or something like that...LOL

Good to see it renamed kept into perspective so good on thread owners to manage the threads they start to reflect whatever potential or direction.

And yes tobo, I primarily trade with TA yet can agree that if one uses both TA & FA they can time their entries or exits better. With regards to NWE, it has been in a downtrend and to me had appeared to have bottomed out. Plus stupid as this may sound, I also chose to join the gang here for the ride as sometimes its a lonely traders world out there. :)

Crypto Crude
24-01-2012, 05:32 PM
response to a bunch of posters...

Yes,
NWE is re-emerging after a bad past.. it was a fun ride... The new NWE is different to the old one...

This next is in reference to the sector but totally applies to NWE, and my experience of it....
like many of the other stocks I held... The companies couldn't retain their leveraged play's, their intentions and the nature of their portfolios changed when announcements came out downgrading projects ... and well yes, risks of the business changed, and many have since fallen for years...timing of an exit over the last 5 years has been crucial for profitable investors in small oil AUS/NZ... In projects, as well as exploration drilling... So nothing is certain until it actual happens... just that things are lining up with a special (big) shale resource we hold...

I like the Re-emerging NWE, more than I liked NWE when it had the Puffin
Royalties...

Our chances this time are interesting...
I don't doubt in my mind that Shale will go ahead in Australia in a big way... The real production doesn't come for a decade though...
If we dont get it right with the Enviro angle this time, shale won't go away, and it will only intensify as time passes...

will Shale happen... absolutely...
when? I don't know...

this is why I have posted such excitment because nothing will take away our resource, we will retain these shales... only time can be taken away from us as we wait for the ivory tower decisions to swing our way ...

I am in the view that the decision will be favourable, and we can proceed with fracc, but their will be some restrictions through compliance, and red tape...

I am well invested in NWE mid 3's...
I am sitting on cash too, and waiting to see what happens next...
I am looking to buy more at some stage but will wait on ministers decision...
DOW too high for my liking...

I have never failed when I pushed all in...
I have time...
but am liking other stocks, so only for that reason do I need NWE to run...

will pop by in the next few...
take care...
.^sc

tobo
25-01-2012, 06:56 AM
appreciate your quality posts, both of you

ELYOB
25-01-2012, 12:58 PM
SC, change those NGE to NWE ie: G ------> W !

Crypto Crude
25-01-2012, 04:46 PM
I dont hold many NGE, its not worth selling them...
happy to hold...

AWE on a nice rise lately...
I guess most stocks rising so...
perhaps not much to look into....

.^sc

drillfix
27-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Some more news today: http://imagesignal.comsec.com.au/asxdata/20120127/pdf/01262545.pdf

NWE have also seemed to apply for the remaining near last acreage in the basin.

Sill looking forward to epa updates, but good to see some interest and movement as well.

drillfix
30-01-2012, 12:25 PM
This could do a runner up to or over 4c pretty soon by the looks of things.

Sellers easing, and resistance support growing.

drillfix
30-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Ahh well, forget the thought of 4c today. Could have happened but no real momentum so forget it for today.

Would like to see it consolidate above 4c to create a new support, but I think that may be difficult for NWE basing that on these permits, as if and when or should they be granted then it certainly will go much much higher than 4c.

drillfix
30-01-2012, 01:48 PM
What a crock $hit, sold off like throwing away garbage into a bin.

I guess easy come easy go~!

soulman
30-01-2012, 03:09 PM
You still hold Drill? I lost my patient and sold last week. Patersons is selling....

drillfix
30-01-2012, 03:50 PM
You still hold Drill? I lost my patient and sold last week. Patersons is selling....

Yeah still holding Souly,

Had sold some on on the last decline after the last run up (not today's run) but still had a small parcel, but since then added to that at 3.2c

I have a couple of staggered orders so if and should any falls come I can pickup small parcels here and there.

Was tempted to sell a few once I saw the resistance starting to unfold, but if you dont just do it and click sell, you have a lost opportunity so at this stage, I would prefer to not to get caught, "not holding" at least a small parcel, which I may add to should it decline further.

soulman
30-01-2012, 03:57 PM
I don't blame you Drill. Selling out too early and missing out on future gains does hurt if you keep doing it consistently like myself.

I sold NWE for 3.4 last week and have switch the funds into NSE.

The Big Ease
30-01-2012, 04:09 PM
NSE looks great soulman.
I really like it. Just waiting for entry. Not fussed to be paying up to 37 cents on confirmed break up, but we could see some weakness from current prices too.
Nothing fundamentally wrong. In fact, there's so much right!

Having said that, NWE offers a bloody brilliant prospect of many baggers too. I'm not too worried about timelines for booking reserves.
The market will wake up long before then.

bermuda
30-01-2012, 04:17 PM

Soulman,
Pattersons sold out a while ago to 'sophisticated ' investors. Perhaps they are selling. Gotta be patient with this one.

Crypto Crude
30-01-2012, 04:22 PM
GO all in,
and get ready to quit the day job...
WEEEEEE
.^sc

soulman
30-01-2012, 04:28 PM
I called SC. You got the nuts???

airedale
30-01-2012, 04:53 PM
14 million shares and .5 million dollars today at a higher price than last week looks like support imho. I bought a few more oppies today.

Financially dependant
30-01-2012, 09:16 PM
That was an awful lot of supply that hit the market today lets hope it will dry up so we can see some SP escalation...

The Big Ease
30-01-2012, 09:43 PM
from abu on HC:
http://s13.postimage.org/r6tdkxazp/NWE.gif

7million shares at 3.7cents.
close at 3.5 cents.

Clearly demand for more at higher prices.
Not sure what set off this volume of buying, but it's nice to see.
It could be an easy 3 bagger from here just to bring it on par with other smaller shale explorers and to where it was before all this EPA/ministerial stuff came about.
That was before all this interest in shale.

Shrewdy, I really like your enthusiasm especially as it seems you are backing your thorough research.
Not sure I am brave enough for "all in", but I did double my modest holdings today.

Has there ever been a surer thing than Arrowsmith-2 discounted so deeply?!!

percy
30-01-2012, 10:00 PM
airedale.

Would you please let us know the code, and conversion price?I did see some, but they convert june or july this year.

bermuda
30-01-2012, 10:33 PM
FD,
Quite exciting day eh? She is all pent up and the market got confused. Still waiting I would say. Have a look at this Planet Gas. Crooky reminded me of it. The market has forgotten about this situation. There are a couple of learned guys on HC but they don't post everyday.
Am still worried about Europe.

drillfix
30-01-2012, 11:06 PM
airedale.

Would you please let us know the code, and conversion price?I did see some, but they convert june or july this year.

Percy, I believe its NWEO and the exercise/conversion price is 10c (30th June 2012)

http://www.tradingroom.com.au/apps/qt/quote.ac?code=NWEO

bermuda
31-01-2012, 12:22 AM
from abu on HC:
http://s13.postimage.org/r6tdkxazp/NWE.gif

7million shares at 3.7cents.
close at 3.5 cents.

Clearly demand for more at higher prices.
Not sure what set off this volume of buying, but it's nice to see.
It could be an easy 3 bagger from here just to bring it on par with other smaller shale explorers and to where it was before all this EPA/ministerial stuff came about.
That was before all this interest in shale.

Shrewdy, I really like your enthusiasm especially as it seems you are backing your thorough research.
Not sure I am brave enough for "all in", but I did double my modest holdings today.

Has there ever been a surer thing than Arrowsmith-2 discounted so deeply?!!
TBE,
Sorry to hear about your brother. Take his good qualities with you. It helps me with my late brother....and many thanks for that analysis of today's trade. Someone is having an organised feed I would say. Easy feeding I would say. Half the shareholders are spooked with all these delays and anti fraccing media. Just got to be patient.

The Big Ease
31-01-2012, 12:39 AM
Thanks bermuda.

This is getting pretty exciting. I think i've got my fill of NWE now.
Trying to get into my other little favourite.

STRAT
31-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Wow. Busy thread the last day or so.
Reckon yall are getting excited a bit prematurely here. Hope Im wrong.

Xerof
31-01-2012, 01:50 PM
I think you'll find the day-traders over on the other channel would have sparked that little P&D - haven't looked for their comments, but it has their fingerprints all over it.......

Financially dependant
31-01-2012, 08:58 PM
FD,
Quite exciting day eh? She is all pent up and the market got confused. Still waiting I would say. Have a look at this Planet Gas. Crooky reminded me of it. The market has forgotten about this situation. There are a couple of learned guys on HC but they don't post everyday.
Am still worried about Europe.

Yes indeed B, I thought we had a leak yesterday...got quite excited.... but just traders having a go, but got stopped in there tracks....Are you keen for another debrief at the Trevinos?

bermuda
31-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Yes indeed B, I thought we had a leak yesterday...got quite excited.... but just traders having a go, but got stopped in there tracks....Are you keen for another debrief at the Trevinos?

FD,
Just thinking the same thing. We must catch up. I will be in touch after Waitangi weekend. Just loving the activity at Senex. Cheers.

Re NWE, great to see Peter communicating. He is a very experienced and sane individual. Whatever the outcome Peter will always do his level best for NWE. Just gotta be patient in this game.

The Big Ease
02-02-2012, 06:40 PM
the market roars! ...the only two stocks I hold (NWE NSE)....0.00% movement, low volume.

Amazing! The two with the most upside in shale IMO and nothing happening.

drillfix
03-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Not to worry there TBE,

The market as you know or at least NWE seems to be at a mid point of where, nobody really wants to sell out with what might happen and some also seem to get a tad nervous and drop a few for the sake of easing their nerves or something like this.

In short, a stand off.

Quite a boring experience waiting around like this its something that I never seem to get used to.

Also Bermuda, I can agree whilst reading in other threads about the long and patient position holding, if I had done kept on track that way I more than likely would have made much much more money thats for sure, in fact I had done but thats another story.

But then, each of us are not funded equally and there are less buffers or capacity to take/endure losses, hence those whom have the risk capitol to expose and be patient can usually endure a great deal more than those whom cannot.

Saying that though, it also was the going long and being Patient whilst also believing in a story that had also led me up the path to my financial destruction from being over exposed, to only have to start again with peanuts and build again which seems to be taking forever. But that is life I guess.~!

soulman
03-02-2012, 04:47 PM
the market roars! ...the only two stocks I hold (NWE NSE)....0.00% movement, low volume.

Amazing! The two with the most upside in shale IMO and nothing happening.

Are you preserving cash TBE or just lock and loaded with these 2 stocks? Wanting your perspective.

The Big Ease
03-02-2012, 05:11 PM
I've got my fill of both, which is why I want them to go Uppityyyy Up ;)
I was hoping to get NWE around 3 cents, but averaged in at 3.4cents. Hoping for an 8 bagger with this one and if it reaches previous highs of 30-35 cents, then I'll have that.
NSE i've picked up at about 33.5 cents. Very happy to be holding both. Looking for a 4-5 bagger on this one, but really the canning is soooo prospective for shale that if they hit the best spots early enough this thing could become something very special.

I don't expect them to be the first off the blocks in shale, but I reckon they offer the most upside of the stocks I have looked at in shale.
I still have about 25% cash, so some weakness won't scare me from topping up, but very happy with what I hold

Corporate
03-02-2012, 05:15 PM
TBE, I'm topping up on NSE too. Some of the BRU magic must wear onto NSE soon.

The Big Ease
03-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Yeah, I'd hope so but the BRU shareprice premium is justified at this time.
They're slightly ahead of NSE but they have a few runs on the board too.
I'd say they are similar to SXY in profile with some great oil potential, though with much more shale exposure in the mid-term and half the price. They do own half (well 50% of their permits after farm-in) the most prospective shale gas basin in Australia!

soulman
03-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Well TBE. Good to see NSE roaring before close. I also hold both.

gazprom1
06-02-2012, 05:38 PM
NWE currently sitting on a 8% rise for the day. Nice break out. Given the level of interest in NWE by ST posters should be happy days.

Gazprom

drillfix
06-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Hi Gaz,

Yep, happy to see another move up yet again. I am hoping it will consolidate a bit from here and not fall back down again as it has done previously.

I recon this new recent higher high @ 3.9c should see another test eventually on the 4c of which I also hope we can break past.

Hope you are keeping well and I see you are also in GLL as well. I knew I should have jumped on at 16 or 16.5 when it was there :P

gazprom1
06-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Hi Gaz,

Yep, happy to see another move up yet again. I am hoping it will consolidate a bit from here and not fall back down again as it has done previously.

I recon this new recent higher high @ 3.9c should see another test eventually on the 4c of which I also hope we can break past.

Hope you are keeping well and I see you are also in GLL as well. I knew I should have jumped on at 16 or 16.5 when it was there :P

Hey DF,

Hope NWE does not sell off at the close....only a few mins to go. Positive news would go down a treat.

Re GLL, I looked at it when it was 15.5 cents and started buying and ended up getting all I needed between 15 and 15.5 cents. Went lower for a couple of days but has been around 16.5 cents for a while. Happy to see it at 18.5 cents.

Hope you are well DF!!!

Gaz

Crypto Crude
06-02-2012, 08:25 PM
wow this is getting exciting...
Somethings been brewing for quite some time now, and looks the goods...
don't think i've seen a stock like this in a long long time...

.^sc

Corporate
06-02-2012, 08:54 PM
should head to 6c on the frac go ahead!

Bit gutted. Haven't had a chance to get enough NSE and it is starting to move.

STRAT
07-02-2012, 01:44 PM
should head to 6c on the frac go ahead!

Hi Corp.
Id be happy if it can just stay above 3.6

drillfix
08-02-2012, 01:15 PM
I think 4c will be tested soon.

As shown on the NWE intraday > http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/4u3fzxm69fhov3j5yrw9_NWEIntraday.png

We now have some EMA crossover as well as price trading above all 3ema's and the 13 about to cross the 150 which once the 60ema also does then technically all good.

As it stands, buyers chipping away at 3.9c and it seems that 4c will become a new floor price or the speculation price for the WA shale fraccing appeal. (imo)

Fluctuations of course can happen whilst global markets chop and turn but anything could happen here as you all know but when or should the news from WA be favourable then up up and away in the Re-Rating Balloon.

The 13ema sits at 3.6c at present so Strat, I think you can more than likely keep happy (permit appeal pending). :)

gazprom1
08-02-2012, 03:50 PM
I think 4c will be tested soon.

As shown on the NWE intraday > http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/4u3fzxm69fhov3j5yrw9_NWEIntraday.png

We now have some EMA crossover as well as price trading above all 3ema's and the 13 about to cross the 150 which once the 60ema also does then technically all good.

As it stands, buyers chipping away at 3.9c and it seems that 4c will become a new floor price or the speculation price for the WA shale fraccing appeal. (imo)

Fluctuations of course can happen whilst global markets chop and turn but anything could happen here as you all know but when or should the news from WA be favourable then up up and away in the Re-Rating Balloon.

The 13ema sits at 3.6c at present so Strat, I think you can more than likely keep happy (permit appeal pending). :)

You're right on the money DF - 4 cents is being tested right now. Would be a good thing if we could hold that at the close. Moved into CUE today...trending nicely.

Gaz

drillfix
08-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Hi Gaz,

Yeah it would be good if 4c could be held, but it appears to be some profit takers, plus 4c to some of the HC traders being a psychological resistance as well.

I seem to notice that a squeeze comes on NWE to shake those who want to take profits out, and those that take profits seem to have a hard time getting back in (where they got in previously).

A break to 4.1c and then a new support base at 4c would be good as the EMA alignment also sets up buy signals for a few more insto's or funds. In the meantime I think some of the Hotcopper gang ought to keep cool with the quick profits as if should this epa ann be positive then many will have to cough up dearly.

You seem to be ventured into a few stocks there Gaz.

Cue seems to have has a long decline over the past 12 months but over a recent few weeks has bounce nicely.

Strong RSI and OBV on the rise also so that with a nice looking 60 min chart things are looking good there and if it breaks past 30c then she will be away, so good luck with that one mate :)

Crypto Crude
08-02-2012, 05:16 PM
hey wombats,
4cents...

its just the start...
stories this good are usually too good too be true...
not this time though....
as B said, got to be patient....

elyob,
reconsider what you said please...
.^sc

drillfix
08-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Hey Shrewdy, I see somebody on HC requested a chart.

Can you (or Anybody else out there) copy and paste the link from my previous post today (right click link and choose copy link location or link).

And then when posting on HC just right click and paste and tell them its an daily and intraday one near lunch time around.

But please dont mention my name on HC though who ever posts can take credit :)