PDA

View Full Version : NWE- the shell and possible 20 bagger

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

STRAT
07-05-2009, 08:19 PM
So that's why they extended the closing day for the SPP!
I might have to call my broker. It's been a long time since I spoke to him!123% in one afternoon:eek: Not bad eh?
Whats the 1.25% royalty worth?

Serpie
07-05-2009, 08:31 PM
The 1.25% royalty is across the whole Puffin field, so any drilling success within Puffin is fantastic for NWE.
Just as importantly the timing ensure a full uptake of the SPP, and therefore buys NWE some valuable time to allow Puffin to come fully onstream.
The SPP is capped at $900k, so at least dilution will be kept to a minimum.

Shrewdy missed the action today, but says:
"Now AED will drill the contigent well, so another bad boy coming".

Serpie
07-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Here comes Matty! Whadaya reckon?

mattyroo
07-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Shrewd I hope you did get into NWE. We need you to buy in and drive the price up some more so that I can see a "blue arrow" on my portfolio rather than a "red one" ;)

I think there is still life in NWE.

Come on "roo" shoot me down :)

Oiler, I think there is still life in NWE, but do think it is going to be a long road for them to hoe. They are going to have to be very diligent at managing cash, as a lot of holders are pi**ed at management and they will not get another chance in my opinion.

I bought 200k of these last Friday and sold them today at 3c, well chuffed! I'm going to subscribe for the SPP, but, with todays lift I think a lot more will be too, which means I doubt that I will get my full quota.

I had to ring computershare today to find out how I can buy them without Bpay (don't have that facility) or posting a cheque. I have the details, if anyone wants them send me a PM.

Anybody got an opinion on what the SPP might do to the SP? I expect a fall but hopefully not back to the levels we were this morning!

Serpie
07-05-2009, 08:38 PM
I think that the fact that the SPP is capped at $5k (and as you've rightly said - it's unlikely you'll now get your full quota) means that trading will be minimal. It's not worth flicking them for a few hundred bucks profit, especially if Puffin starts to prove up.

Nice trade by the way!

Taijon
11-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Can anyone please post the biller code and ref number for SPP payment via B pay. I'm travelling and haven't got the details with me. I'm assuming if I pay by B Pay today I will be in time. Thanks in anticipation.

macduffy
11-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Can anyone please post the biller code and ref number for SPP payment via B pay. I'm travelling and haven't got the details with me. I'm assuming if I pay by B Pay today I will be in time. Thanks in anticipation.

The Biller Code is 118323

Ref No 107349900000037971

I paid by BPay last Thurs and so far the payment has been accepted and not reversed. But I understand that others have been unable to do so and have had a reply to the effect that the Biller Code was cancelled recently.

Good luck.

Taijon
11-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Thanks a lot Macduffy. Sorry to be a pain but could you please recheck the ref number you posted. My brother just sent me an email and the ref number he sent differs from your one in terms of the last few digits. However he doesn't know much about this sort of thing and may have got it wrong. I don't want to pay the wrong outfit!!!!!!

Thanks again.

POSSUM THE CAT
11-05-2009, 04:29 PM
TAIJON the reference number is different for every share holder. Each apllication form has a Biller Code that identifies the PAYEE or ISSUE and the reference number the CLIENT or PAYOR

soulman
11-05-2009, 04:32 PM
Taijon, I think the reference number are unique with every shareholders. Just the Biller Code the same.

So your brother is probably right. Anyone to back me up on this?

macduffy
11-05-2009, 05:47 PM
I think Soulman is probably right.
The ref No is not the holder's SRN/HIN No but it looks to be a unique No to each entitlement.

Taijon
11-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Thanks to Macduffy, PTC and Soulman. Yes, you are correct Soulman. Macduffy, I had the same experience as others - transaction couldn't be completed as I got a message that said "Biller code is invalid".

Never mind. Good luck to those who are able to participate in the SPP.

mattyroo
11-05-2009, 10:33 PM
If you want to subscribe, you can now only pay by direct transfer. The BPay option was not available after the closing initial date (1 May).

To pay by International Transfer from your NZ bank you need the below recorded on the transfer:

name
entitlement number (from SPP docs)
bsb: 016002
ac no.: 839777018
ac name: Norwest Energy NL - SPP
Bank: ANZ
Branch: St George's Tce
City: Perth

You must also return the docs to the address listed on them with a copy of your transfer. Or you can fax them to Computershare.

Hope this helps.
http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/images/statusicon/user_online.gif

Serpie
30-09-2009, 06:33 PM
NWE up 47% today to 3.1c.

Still some way short of the 34c that I should have sold it at - or indeed my 15.5c average (if I remember correctly - it's been a long time!).

I've still got them though, and where's there's life there's hope!

Oiler
30-09-2009, 07:35 PM
NWE up 47% today to 3.1c.

Still some way short of the 34c that I should have sold it at - or indeed my 15.5c average (if I remember correctly - it's been a long time!).

I've still got them though, and where's there's life there's hope!

Serpie I am unfortunately with you on this one :D ......... still holding 200k of NWE at an average of 14.1 and hoping as you say "where there is life there is hope" :eek::eek:

Contrary to all the rules I will ride this doggy until it is completely ...ked or it becomes the "darling" again :rolleyes:

clips
30-09-2009, 08:45 PM
"you'll never walk alone....."

drillfix
30-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Looks like there is still some hope on this one folks as the chart on this one looks good and is in breakout.

Got the last order of the day at 3.5c

I dont know or care what this company does, but it sure set to runs by the looks of it.

Xerof
30-09-2009, 08:56 PM
I also have to 'fess up to owning this one....still...have a slightly better average than those currently declared, and don't tell Ph but I averaged down :p:p

Irony is if we had taken up the last two issues at 1.25 cents, we'd now be well in the money....however, there was no way in hell I was going to do that.....funny how it goes

Methinks their latest permit off Perth is the centre of some attention from those in the know, and there is definitely some-one in the know...

I also have this in the annual comp, so looking for a Kiwi-esque late finish from the rear

drillfix
01-10-2009, 05:08 AM
Yes the irony.

Chart says there is nothing in the way so its got plenty to run.

Guess the last speeding ticket didnt do this much good to slow this bugger down.

Who knows, its just one of these thing with these type of stocks I guess.

Here is a chart with some potential sr lines, MACD looks ok, and plenty of volume thats fer sure.

http://i38.tinypic.com/9tidtd.gif

Serpie
01-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Serpie I am unfortunately with you on this one :D ......... still holding 200k of NWE at an average of 14.1 and hoping as you say "where there is life there is hope" :eek::eek:

Contrary to all the rules I will ride this doggy until it is completely ...ked or it becomes the "darling" again :rolleyes:

I think I've only got about 30k of these Oiler - not sure because all of the full service broker statements have been consigned to the bin over the past year!

I wouldn't even have a clue what NWE are up to these days.

drillfix
01-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Looks like a gap up and a strong open today for these guys.

Anybody else in for a trade on this one?

Good luck serpie, hope you eventually break even on this one.

(ps: I think they are drilling somewhere just off of the WA coast)

Serpie
01-10-2009, 01:14 PM
I see that one of my all time heroes - Young Trader - is pushing the NWE barrow. That may have something do to with this pop.

drillfix
01-10-2009, 02:07 PM
I see that one of my all time heroes - Young Trader - is pushing the NWE barrow. That may have something do to with this pop.

ROFL, yeah I guess so Seprie, all the YT followers making it happen I guess.

Although, no disrespect to YT, but some actually dont care if its a YT call as most others ONLY care because the stock has broken out from its sideways trading for the past 8 months.

I read YTs posts and could have bought at 1.+ something Cents but dare not enter, I actually bought yesterday after confirming there was a breakout.

No doubt traders will be all over this one riding it up to however high the momentum lasts.

Anyways, good on YT though, he sure does know and seems to always pick the movers.

STRAT
01-10-2009, 05:09 PM
It seems to be running out of gas this arvo

drillfix
01-10-2009, 05:38 PM

STRAT, yup, it does.

But dont let that fool ya, watch for end of day in the last half hour, or better still last 5 mins, its a hoot spectacle to witness :D

This stock goes up and down within a range, as it did yesterday, hit a high and sold back off, rallied back up, sold back off, etc etc.

Same should happen again IMO.

Got another order filled just as I wrote this at 3.5c

The TA looks good to me. Time will tell, but I will probably swing trade this one.

drillfix
01-10-2009, 06:00 PM

3pm now Strat, Buyers starting to fill the tanks again ;)

drillfix
01-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Lame finish to end the day, many who bought in the 2s or earlier either taking profits or loss.

Ahh well another day in the land of GaaGaa~!

STRAT
01-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Sorry Drill. Just got back in so I missed it all. Not according to plan I assume?

Looks like this morning was the time to get off but Im not sharp enough to play day trader.

Is there any good FA goss behind the new interest in this one?

I see a few very respectable gents have been airing their dirty laundry on this thread or perhaps I should say bringing a few dog skeletons out of the closet. :D

haha everyone has a few if only's

I still hold SBN and MHL :o:o:o

Xerof
01-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Patersons had to take up 118m of these shares after the last SSP shortfall, so if one were to be cynical, this has all the hallmarks of a P&D exercise, in tandem with the usual suspects over on the other channel.

Tsk, tsk

The Perth ground does seem to be generating some excitement though - time will tell I guess

Have held for what seems like forever, so will continue to do so.....

Dark Cloud Cover today - tomorrow may confirm any suspicions

STRAT
01-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Patersons had to take up 118m of these shares after the last SSP shortfall, so if one were to be cynical, this has all the hallmarks of a P&D exercise, in tandem with the usual suspects over on the other channel.

Tsk, tsk

The Perth ground does seem to be generating some excitement though - time will tell I guess

Have held for what seems like forever, so will continue to do so.....

Shooting star today - tomorrow may confirm any suspicionsThanks Xerof
Being a bit of a cynic in any case and now knowing they are involved that would make me uneasy.

But all sorts of penny dreadfuls have been going off with little justification lately so who knows.

I was thinking of spending an evening taking taxi rides to any old place just to see if the stock market would come up in conversation un prompted :D

seaosh
01-10-2009, 09:33 PM
I was thinking of spending an evening taking taxi rides to any old place just to see if the stock market would come up in conversation un prompted :D

Sprayed beer all over my monitor. . .

I got out of NWE at 4 cents a long time back - albeit not long enough. My worst investment ever.

shasta
01-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Thanks Xerof
Being a bit of a cynic in any case and now knowing they are involved that would make me uneasy.

But all sorts of penny dreadfuls have been going off with little justification lately so who knows.

Given NWE has the royalty on AED's Puffin field, AED's strong rise today would explain NWE's movement ;)

Xerof
01-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Sprayed beer all over my monitor. . .

was your pet lizard dehydrated?

:D:D

STRAT
01-10-2009, 09:40 PM
was your pet lizard dehydrated?

:D:DBeer in not a good remedy for dehydration.

Trust me on this one I have a lot of personal experience :D

STRAT
01-10-2009, 09:41 PM
Given NWE has the royalty on AED's Puffin field, AED's strong rise today would explain NWE's movement ;)Thanks Shasta.

Any thoughts on this one?

shasta
01-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Thanks Shasta.

Any thoughts on this one?

Yeah shrewdie put me onto NWE ages ago, & like a theft in the night, was in at 18c & out at 30c :D

I don't know about there other assets, must admit of the 5,000 stocks i follow intensely, a few like this slips thru the cracks :D

STRAT
01-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Yeah shrewdie put me onto NWE ages ago, & like a theft in the night, was in at 18c & out at 30c :D

I don't know about there other assets, must admit of the 5,000 stocks i follow intensely, a few like this slips thru the cracks :D5000 intensely?
Holly crap
Must admit my watch list has become un manageable of late too

shasta
01-10-2009, 10:40 PM
5000 intensely?
Holly crap
Must admit my watch list has become un manageable of late too

That was a slight exaggeration...

But i do try & know companies inside out, so i can only really keep tabs on about 50 or so at a time ;)

drillfix
01-10-2009, 11:31 PM
Xerof, Strat, Shasta,

Guys I honestly dont intend or wish to fall in love with this stock.

I am just in for a quick swing trade and then later alligator.

Dont care if I make a small loss, dont care if I make a small profit, providing I make one.

To me the and regardless of Patterson's or YT, this one Technically is showing the signs of Buy it and then Get rid of it and move on.

Perhaps some longer holders will do well, but that is their choice and good luck to them.

What do I see???

Volume has gone through the roof which is great
The 200/50 moving average is about to cross soon
MACD is crossed over and full steam ahead
Resistance levels broken, new supports are being made
Bonus, as you know this is a YT stock with his army pushing it.

Im not saying get in, Im just saying, are you not seeing what I am seeing?

http://i33.tinypic.com/30wm2kl.gif

Your right though Xerof, tomorrow will tell, although could be alot of folks making exits for a friday late sell off to avoid holding over the weekend.

ps: Correct me if Im wrong, but I am surprised there doesn't even seem to be a chart posted on HC, which also make this suspect of a P&D effort from those guys.

Xerof
02-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Definitely see Drillfix

And so far today the price action would support something genuine behind the move.

I'm thinking this is more likely to be an acquisition to get their property cheap (incl the royalty from AED), rather than possibly missing out on a farm-in at a later date (and after the results....)

This is a <20m market cap, with what is looking like excellent addresses, so someone who's cashed up, no debt and looking for good territory, would surely be interested. I won't say I'm thinking NZO - that's really too close to home - oops, I've said it ;);)

What are the Ozzie reporting rules for changes in substantial holdings, % trigger and timeframe for reporting?

drillfix
02-10-2009, 05:52 PM
What are the Ozzie reporting rules for changes in substantial holdings, % trigger and timeframe for reporting?

Hi Xerof,

Not too sure about the reporting rules timeframes, or at least I have forgotten.

Again, it amazes me how on HC everyone is talking speculative FA when Technically the calling is screaming...lol

By the looks of other companies Change in Substantial holdings, it looks like a week or thereabouts for it to be reported (5 business days?)

Just when things look like they could collapse it the stock bounced back so I sold half my holdings at a small 1c profit to just take check in a heated market.

Dont know to much about who or where except when to hopefully take a profit when the calling comes :p

Crossover should come next week so I do not want to be "out" of this stock for when the moment comes.

Lets hope the fundamentals start to become more presented hopefully by mid next week, thus the stock will be primed. ;)

Xerof
06-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Hmmm,

off like a rocket again this morning

Tenuous linkages, but IGC has gone into a trading halt - subject is firstly to announce finalisation of sale of their main project (which raises 60m cash), secondly, to announce an O&G acquisition...........

I wonder........

drillfix
06-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Yup currently up 18.18% to 0.039, and off she goes indeed Xerof.

Still don't know much about the Fundies but the Chart to me is looking good ;)

I think the sp will sway up and down a little through the day but once this gets that wall at 4c it could leap pretty quick I reckon~!

drillfix
07-10-2009, 02:34 AM
Now up to 4.3c

Folks, IMO this one is about to pop.
Next target 6c then 8c short term and then 12c accordingly.

Now, I am not one to give targets however but on this one I will make the exception for short term stab.

Also, market condition pending but other than that, DYO and lets hope I dont look like an idiot over by next week.

Good luck to current and previous holders, lets hope you folks can downsize any current loss from this one.

drillfix
08-10-2009, 12:32 AM
Bit of a disappointment today I must say.

Suckers rally, which left some dark cloud cover over the previous candle.

No doubt not long after open every trader and his dog packed up from NWE and headed into LRC.

Me being me sold out of LRC and headed over to NWE. :eek:

Now I think I am just gonna stay put and let this 200/50 long ema cross take its toll and work in favour. :rolleyes:

Thinking about what potential calls I made, I should just relax and have patience with this one. ;)

Still have faith in this one doing its dash.

drillfix
13-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Drillfix Diary update,

Star Date: 2009

Comment: Now I realise why the original posters of this thread named it as such. :eek: Oooppssss :rolleyes:

Either the market is tip toeing through the tulips or all the traders have walked away from this one yet I get the feeling it is both.

There was life on planet NWE but it now looks evaporative.

Coruba
14-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Hey Drilly

Your traders could be back in this today.......maybe the share won't make you a liar after all eh? :-). Had to smile at your post two back as I thought you gave it the kiss of death lol

Cheers

Coruba

drillfix
14-10-2009, 05:06 PM
LOL Coruba (this kiss of death), for a moment there I thought I did. :p

Plus I would choose the words "inaccurate calculation" over Liar any day, but Im still in this for the ride to where ever and hopefully somewhere, Up there :rolleyes: ;)

Saying that, it goes to proves estimations do at times (most times) require patience~!

Serpie
22-10-2009, 08:58 AM
Young Trader's post from HC last night:

A very simple summary of Norwest's many projects, a positive update at any one of which will cause some interest

*** TP/15 ****
The permit that reminds me of the large PEP 11
Its adjacent to the 100M bl Cliff Head Oil Field, the company has all ready outlined around 500M barrels of oil over several leads and is doing further siesmic and survey work to increase the confidence in this permit
We could be looking at 500M - 1 Billion Barrels of prospcetive resources which would have an In Ground Value of $50B to $100B if proved so really major stuff here

Watch for survey updates, farm out news etc NWE has 100% interest (note BUY only has a 15% free carried interest at PEP 11)

*** Vulcan Timor Sea ***
Company has a 1.25% overriding royalty which up until production was halted by AED and its partners was netting NWE around $2m

News of production resumption by AED or more exploration success via drilling will prove to be a price catalyst

*** UK Permits ***
NWE is earning between 50% to 75% across 3 different areas
and has an option over other areas
Most importantly these permits are near BP's Giant 500M bl Wytch Oil Field which is Europes Largest Onshore Oil Field! real elephant country, a similar survey to that flown at TP/15 has been flown and results are expected soon

Again watch for survey interpretations showing potential oil targets and so on

*** North Perth Onshore with EGO ***
EP 368 and 426 are in JV with and near EGOs permits

North Erregula has an oil target of 30M bls of oil (reminds me of BUYs PEL 218 interest)

Similar survey done here too watch for results and also for nearby drilling by EGO

***Jingemia ***
Small income of around $200k per annum just helps to pay the bills really

Too sum up NWE has so many projects and so many catalysts on the horizon

- TP/15 Survey results and potential oil targets
- TP/15 farm out
- Vulcan Timor Sea resumption of production and thus NWE's royalty stream
- Vulcan Timor Sea further drilling by AED
- UK survey results
- North Perth Onshore survey results
- New Projects

To name but a few

The quarterly will be a very interesting read

-end

Is this is genuine praise, or YT talking it up for a quick trade? That's probably irrelevant - the important thing (for traders) is being on it if it goes again.

drillfix
22-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Is this is genuine praise, or YT talking it up for a quick trade? That's probably irrelevant - the important thing (for traders) is being on it if it goes again.

Serpie, I feel YT does post in genuine sincerity. He is a fundamentals guy and as many know, knows how to pick a stock fundamentally.

There are times where I wonder and I try to discount the YT Army that follow as it is the Army who also drive the prices of a stock up just because YT picks or does the FA on it, and if YT gets enthused, then so does the YT Army.

He is not always exact or correct in ALL his diagnostics but he is right alot of the time, and thats what and why people follow.

To me, I am just technically following this stock and couldnt give a hoot about the FA on this. Atm, the stock looks set to fallback a little, but this is healthy for penny stocks like this sometimes are known to rebound in a BIG way, when either FA or TA or a combo of both kick in along aided with positive market conditions, IMO

shasta
22-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Serpie, I feel YT does post in genuine sincerity. He is a fundamentals guy and as many know, knows how to pick a stock fundamentally.

There are times where I wonder and I try to discount the YT Army that follow as it is the Army who also drive the prices of a stock up just because YT picks or does the FA on it, and if YT gets enthused, then so does the YT Army.

He is not always exact or correct in ALL his diagnostics but he is right alot of the time, and thats what and why people follow.

To me, I am just technically following this stock and couldnt give a hoot about the FA on this. Atm, the stock looks set to fallback a little, but this is healthy for penny stocks like this sometimes are known to rebound in a BIG way, when either FA or TA or a combo of both kick in along aided with positive market conditions, IMO

YT reminds me of King Baz who was ramping the pants of NWE on Sharescene for ages...:rolleyes:

As always take these posters with the usual bag of salt, who knows there agenda.

Other forums pay posters (or issue shares) to pump & dump - Sharetrader doesn't.

Serpie
22-10-2009, 01:15 PM

I used to follow YT almost religiously, and some of my best trades in the good old days were made riding on his coat tails, so I'm a big fan.

But is it just me, or are YT's recent posts somewhat reminiscent of another NWE guru - King Baz? I was a huge KB fan too, but became accutely aware of the timing of KB's posts: prolific and full of praise when the stock was ascending, and absent during the falls.

But regardless, I think if you stick with YT then more often than not you'll make money one way or the ohters - he's a legend.

drillfix
22-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Other forums pay posters (or issue shares) to pump & dump - Sharetrader doesn't.

Exactly shasta, and its sad that the reality is this is the actual type of world we live in.

Now, I dont think YT is maybe the same as that other guy, as I dont know of him. But I sometimes do have my suspicions about other certain posters "over there".

It would be good to know of someone that actually has a kept a Database on such posters with what calls/comments they have made, how often they were right, and how long they are posting or in the stock for. Now that would be handy.

axion
22-10-2009, 05:35 PM
YT reminds me of King Baz who was ramping the pants of NWE on Sharescene for ages...:rolleyes:

That guy must've gone broke, right? (If he was legit in his enthusiasm and the amount of times he "loaded up")

shasta
22-10-2009, 10:30 PM
That guy must've gone broke, right? (If he was legit in his enthusiasm and the amount of times he "loaded up")

From memory he was investing of behalf of others as well, & did have a sizeable holding.

I stand to be corrected though...

Shrewd had contact with him at one stage :confused:

dragonz
23-10-2009, 01:09 PM
I like the announcement :D

drillfix
23-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Yup, pretty good Dragonz, are you in?

I am out on the any trading stock, but still hold a parcel to go short - med term and see what happens.

Chart longer term still looks good and am not bothered by the minor fluctuation in sp.

Lets see what happens in Nov.

dragonz
23-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Yup, pretty good Dragonz, are you in?

I am out on the any trading stock, but still hold a parcel to go short - med term and see what happens.

Chart longer term still looks good and am not bothered by the minor fluctuation in sp.

Lets see what happens in Nov.

Yep I'm in. Not worried either about flutuations. I brought OBJ yesterday @ 1.2 to see it fall back to 1 cent. Its up to 1.6 now :D:D:D. Sold my beloved VBA today and just watching a few specs for volume . BBC, fml and AVB

drillfix
16-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Well, looks like the worm has turned yet again on this one, so last fridays reversal has started and looks set to reward those whom are ready.

There ya go folks, easy short term pickings on this one for ya ;)

soulman
16-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Well, looks like the worm has turned yet again on this one, so last fridays reversal has started and looks set to reward those whom are ready.

There ya go folks, easy short term pickings on this one for ya ;)

Certainly looks like it Drill but I can assure you that easy money in the share market are not that easy. Every penny you make are hard earned and the risk you take are the reward you received. Tough gig this sharemarket.

drillfix
17-11-2009, 01:01 AM
I hear ya soulman, its not easy. And as you say there is always the risk to justify that reward. Plus also add the cost of either being in and getting it wrong or not being in and getting it right. Its madness at times.

Have been doing alot of watching and thinking recently. Thinking about my present weakness's and thinking about a NEW PLAN and one that follows a more dedicated Discipline to working with this potential or upcoming "New Plan".

At the moment it feels like sitting at a bus stop waiting for the bus or boat to come in or leave. On the other hand, its like being in the city and trying to waive down a Taxi to catch a lift to only go around th block.

Well, all this has got to stop, be reduced, and a more sustainable Risk to Reward trading practice must prevail.

Its a gradual process but I am getting there, and in many ways, I feel like I am only just starting to wakeup from many years of sleep.

Anyways, whilst in transition I hope some of these risks start throwing back a little more reward to aid my plan in evolving back into the swing of things. :rolleyes:

soulman
17-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Drill, I reckon just being in this forum will make everybody a better trader/investor. We will always learn until we are 80, 90 or 100. Even Warren Buffet still learning?

tobo
18-11-2009, 08:14 AM
you can learn to be an accountant in 3 years, you can learn to be an architect or a doctor in 7 years, but learning this game is the hardest of all

snowball
18-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Drill, I reckon just being in this forum will make everybody a better trader/investor. We will always learn until we are 80, 90 or 100. Even Warren Buffet still learning?

soulman, tobo

WB 101, 201 & 301 attached.

Also can be useful revision on a daily basis - or required reading every Monday morning...

Corporate
17-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Is anyone following or hold NWE still?

I am just doing a bit of due diligence on them now. It looks to me quite a similar situation as OEL. Beaten up by the GFC, had to issue heaps of shares and now sits on a low market cap with not much attention.

Serpie
17-01-2010, 03:37 PM

I am just doing a bit of due diligence on them now. It looks to me quite a similar situation as OEL. Beaten up by the GFC, had to issue heaps of shares and now sits on a low market cap with not much attention.

Still got some corporate. Average cost of 15.5c, so a wee way to go to get my money back. Seems a long time ago that they were trading at 34c.
Jumped late on Friday, so hopefully someone knows something.

Corporate
17-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Still got some corporate. Average cost of 15.5c, so a wee way to go to get my money back. Seems a long time ago that they were trading at 34c.
Jumped late on Friday, so hopefully someone knows something.

Hy Serpie, yeah 15.5c is a fair way off but if they have a hint of success at TP15 or in the UK then this could easily have a $100m market cap which is 5x the current share price. You'd be back in the green :D

drillfix
17-01-2010, 04:43 PM

Was holding for a while there corp, but just sitting them go sideways was costing me money, so let them go.

Now I see there is slight movement, haven't really looked at the chart but I think there will be some surge (eventually).

tobo
17-01-2010, 06:19 PM
me too - still holding, waiting for surge to recover. Need a lot to get money back (my cost 9c).
Hold because from here a little news could provide a decent % climb.
( I had thought the little cashflow helped the business.)

I feared it had lost momentum and visibility, but gain on some volume in last day or so (anticipation of ann next week, or just break out of TA flag/pennant formation?)

STRAT
17-01-2010, 10:34 PM

I am just doing a bit of due diligence on them now. It looks to me quite a similar situation as OEL. Beaten up by the GFC, had to issue heaps of shares and now sits on a low market cap with not much attention.Hi Corporate.
I am. Would love to hear what the Fundies make of this one these days

macduffy
18-01-2010, 08:10 AM
Hi, Corporate.

I don't think it was the GFC that did the damage to NWE as much as the problems with the Puffin field. The over-riding royalty from Puffin was always the jewel in the crown that pushed the SP to those heady heights a couple of years ago and the lack of revenue from that source has pushed it down. The GFC didn't help the cause, of course.

Disc: Former NWE holder.

drillfix
18-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Hi Corporate.
I am. Would love to hear what the Fundies make of this one these days

Hey STRAT, I will give you some quick FA. As it says in the Ann, hold your pants until Q4.

What a fizzer, just when stacks of anticipation was building it now looks like the BBQ is over. (for now).

Well thats my take of it, back to sleep for this one.. zzzzz

STRAT
18-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Hey STRAT, I will give you some quick FA. As it says in the Ann, hold your pants until Q4.

What a fizzer, just when stacks of anticipation was building it now looks like the BBQ is over. (for now).

Well thats my take of it, back to sleep for this one.. zzzzzIn that case, glad its on watch only then. I see AVB is going for another wee run on back of their ann this morning :D

STRAT
28-03-2010, 04:27 AM
Dunno Drillfix. Looks like the third quarter may have come early. Chart shows some promise. Well see, this one does have a history for disappointment.

MPC
28-03-2010, 09:14 AM
I had some very lucky trades a couple of years ago playing in the 20s and 30s but it was very hard to pick. Volatile price movements and not my favourite company.
Happy to take a profit on friday and leave well alone. Good luck

soulman
29-03-2010, 05:55 PM
It's one of those things MPC. Sometimes a shares surge big for no reason at all other than it has breaks it's trading range and daytrader are all over it like piranhas. NWE is one today during intra-day but now has gone down the gurglar.

CAZ was looking good 4 days preceding today. Looks like someone was accumulating the stock. So today, boom.

Sharp737
30-03-2010, 03:08 PM
It's one of those things MPC. Sometimes a shares surge big for no reason at all other than it has breaks it's trading range and daytrader are all over it like piranhas. NWE is one today during intra-day but now has gone down the gurglar.

CAZ was looking good 4 days preceding today. Looks like someone was accumulating the stock. So today, boom.

NWE has now got shale gas prospects (very fortuitously) and is watching AWE doing a shale gas well test very closely - see AWE annoucements recently. This has huge possibilities..let alone the JV potential with 2 possible wells this year. And of course, Puffin could come back into the picture sooner rather than later.
I jumped in and got a lot more at 3c. Check out sharescene in oz. Some good stuff there
Cheers
Sharp

MPC
30-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Yeh, I know that Sharp but the prospects were also looking very good a short couple of years ago when it was around the 30 something cents. Then Puffin was going to be huge.
Can be a good trading share but I am not confident that it is a good company.
Good luck with it though. Anything around 3 cents is worth it for a play. 2.7 is better.

Cheers,
MPC

macduffy
30-03-2010, 06:53 PM
Yeh, I know that Sharp but the prospects were also looking very good a short couple of years ago when it was around the 30 something cents. Then Puffin was going to be huge.
Can be a good trading share but I am not confident that it is a good company.
Good luck with it though. Anything around 3 cents is worth it for a play. 2.7 is better.

Cheers,
MPC

Tell me about it.

No, on second thoughts don't!

NWE ranks as one of my bigger boo-boos. Too much faith in the Puffin story and not enough discipline on the trailing stop!

Lesson learnt - I hope.

MPC
30-03-2010, 07:02 PM
I was lucky to get out in time, not clever.

Sharp737
31-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Yeah, I must admit I did get caught buying in at around A17c, then went up, then eventually crashed. Got caught there - darn it but never mind. What I did do was buy a real good sized lot at around 1c, took up a cash issue cheapo and delt to it that way - sold a lot at a very good profit. Think I'm well in the black now so anything more is a good bonus.
But you are right MPC, a good trading share if you are onto it

Just a further note, I reckon Peter Munachen is a real bonus for this Company. Time will tell of course but I have been impressed with this bloke. The earlier lot I got fooled by sad to say. Should have listened to that 'small still voice' before - some would say 'gut sense'. Could be interesting now though

Serpie
31-03-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm still holding some at a 15c average from the good old days, but went back into NWE again yesterday at 3.3c. I'm hoping that it will find some technical support at around those levels and that I might be able to take advantage of possible future spikes like the one we saw earlier this week. It's on a lot of radars now, and will move at any sniff of good news.

Under Peter Munachen's guidance it appears to be a different beast, and certainly no worse off for ditching the "big name" board members that contributed nothing.

I continue to hold my original parcel for the long term prospects (assuming Sinopec will not walk away from the massive investment they made in AED and Puffin) but for now will look for trading opportunities with this new punt. They've got lots of irons in the fire, so plenty of potential for positive developments.

Sharp737
01-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Good move Serpie, NWE closed today at 3.8c

Serpie
01-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Good move Serpie, NWE closed today at 3.8c

Thanks Sharp,

I'd be feeling a little more cocky if I hadn't sold out of BUL to get into NWE - BUL ran a little harder today. But a gain is a gain, and I hope to see NWE test 4c again soon, or perhaps build a support line in the high 3's before spiking on news.
I need to get back into BUL soon though, so might have to rummage down the back of the sofa for some more cash.

Sharp737
17-04-2010, 06:32 PM
4.7c and looking strong with a great quarterly report out. This share is looking good with some very interesting and possibly humungous potential now that AWE has struck gas from it's first core sample in the license adjacent NWE's. And NWE increasing it's stake in the Jingemia field from 1.278 to 6.278% is a good move getting from $3/4M to $1M p.a.
An Puffin getting closer to development and production again. Lots of good news in the report.

bermuda
11-05-2010, 05:16 PM
Oiler,
You will be pleased to know that I have nearly completed the purchase of 500k NWE. Wytch Farm here we come.

macduffy
11-05-2010, 05:27 PM
It's a big vote of confidence having bermuda on board but I've taken my NWE medicine in the past and won't be going there again.

There, that's enough to guarantee a good outcome for you, b !

Cheers

Oiler
11-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Oiler,
You will be pleased to know that I have nearly completed the purchase of 500k NWE. Wytch Farm here we come.

Bermuda
I suspect you are buying for the Shale gas/oil potential :D Shale greater potential than CSG. ;)

I look forward to the update from Wessex (Wytch Farm)

Serpie
11-05-2010, 08:33 PM
Oiler,

I wondered if you were buying today after our catchup last night Super B. Welcome aboard! Let's hope you bring your midas touch to Norwest.

Crypto Crude
11-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Perhaps its time to change the title of the thread...

Oiler said some amazing things at the sharetraders meeting..
200 TCF oh wow...
For an ASX stock thats the biggest numbers ive ever seen...

at this stage I will personally stand back and sit on my two...
and look to add to my position if Panakawa fails...

:cool:
.^sc

bermuda
12-05-2010, 08:47 AM
Perhaps its time to change the title of the thread...

Oiler said some amazing things at the sharetraders meeting..
200 TCF oh wow...
For an ASX stock thats the biggest numbers ive ever seen...

at this stage I will personally stand back and sit on my two...
and look to add to my position if Panakawa fails...

:cool:
.^sc
Shrewdy,
The 200 TCF was related to Beach and ADE looking for shale gas in the Nappermerri permit. That was the reason for buying ADE a week ago.

My purchase yesterday of NWE was because they have quite a few irons in the fire including shale gas and Wytch Farm Oil in the UK. I am meeting Peter Munachen, the CEO for a visit and lunch whilst in the UK in June. Should be fun. I said I would pay if the sp was over 4 cents.

Serpie
12-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Thanks to Mowibble on HC for the following link:

From the Wall St Journal yesterday - "Shale Gas Will Rock The World".

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303491304575187880596301668.html?m od=rss_Today%27s_Most_Popular

Norwest's recent release about shale gas:

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20100319/pdf/31pc8hct2jb4fq.pdf

Everyone seems to valuing shale at US$14,000 per acre after Mitsui coughed up US$1.4B for 100,000 acres (with no royalty) in Pennsylvania.

NWE has a net interest of 376,211 acres in the Perth Basin.

Bang that into a calculator and try to work out where the decimal point goes! Scary stuff for a company with a A$18.2m market cap.

STRAT
12-05-2010, 11:05 AM
Thanks to Mowibble on HC for the following link:

From the Wall St Journal yesterday - "Shale Gas Will Rock The World".

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303491304575187880596301668.html?m od=rss_Today%27s_Most_Popular

Norwest's recent release about shale gas:

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20100319/pdf/31pc8hct2jb4fq.pdf

Everyone seems to valuing shale at US$14,000 per acre after Mitsui coughed up US$1.4B for 100,000 acres (with no royalty) in Pennsylvania.

NWE has a net interest of 376,211 acres in the Perth Basin.

Bang that into a calculator and try to work out where the decimal point goes! Scary stuff for a company with a A$18.2m market cap.Good on ya Serpie, thats what I call a high quality ramp :p

Serpie
12-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Good on ya Serpie, thats what I call a high quality ramp :p

It had everything didn't it!

A few facts, reputable sources, selective choice of statistics, a little emotion, a little conjecture.

Some of my best work.

Oiler
12-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Oiler,

Bermuda I suspect you got your order filled :t_up: I was also buying. We need to stop competing on purchase price.

I said I would pay if the sp was over 4 cents.

I suggest you charge you're "meeting" with Peter on your credit card as I dont expect the price to be over 4 cents until Peter gets back from the UK. Then you will have time to pay the bill.

Shale Gas/Oil is the companies future. :D

shasta
12-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Bermuda I suspect you got your order filled :t_up: I was also buying. We need to stop competing on purchase price.

I suggest you charge you're "meeting" with Peter on your credit card as I dont expect the price to be over 4 cents until Peter gets back from the UK. Then you will have time to pay the bill.

Oiler

Wouldnt mind your thoughts/perspective on the Shale Gas thread i started on the ASX, the article wasn't a glowing endorsement for Shale Gas

bermuda
13-05-2010, 12:20 AM

Oiler,
We will have a good lunch. This little NWE has some upside.
PS He has to pay for the lunch if the sp is below 4 cents.

Serpie
24-05-2010, 11:37 AM
There's a Boardroom Radio presentation on at 12.30pm NZ time today.

http://www.brr.com.au/event/65949

trackers
10-08-2010, 02:07 PM
It had everything didn't it!

A few facts, reputable sources, selective choice of statistics, a little emotion, a little conjecture.

Some of my best work.

Just read this, 3 months later... One of the best posts I've ever read, classic!!! :D

Anyhoo, NWE just popped up on my radar.. announcement out today:

Farminee clears internal approvals to farm in to TP/15 and EP413 -
yet closure and execution of formal documents is expected to take
several more weeks.
http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=NWE&E=ASX&N=501068

ronthepom
18-08-2010, 01:12 PM
NWE on the move at last with big volume nice to see?

bermuda
18-08-2010, 03:09 PM
NWE on the move at last with big volume nice to see?

Wonder why? Could be a farm-in leak or AWE's adjacent shale drill results. Certainly the volume has soared. Just posted my $A15,000.00 cheque for the SPP so after recent buying will have about 3.5 million at about 2.8 cents. This is still speculative but if the farm-in gets confirmed anything could happen.

Serpie
18-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Wonder why? Could be a farm-in leak or AWE's adjacent shale drill results. Certainly the volume has soared. Just posted my $A15,000.00 cheque for the SPP so after recent buying will have about 3.5 million at about 2.8 cents. This is still speculative but if the farm-in gets confirmed anything could happen.

This one has a history of getting P&D'ed Super B, but I hope that there's something substantial behind this latest rise.

trackers
19-08-2010, 11:37 AM
50% farmout of EP413 and TP15 for $15mil? What are your thoughts on this ST crew? Good call on the leaky ship too there Bermuda

ASX: NWE
19 August 2010
ASX Announcement
Norwest to farm-out EP413 and TP15 interest’s to Indian
upstream company Bharat PetroResources Limited
Indian upstream company, Bharat PetroResources Ltd ( “BPRL”) has executed
a letter of intent with Norwest ( ASX: NWE ), for a farm into two of Norwest’s
Perth Basin permits-EP413 and TP/15, by providing up to $15m in exploration
and drilling funding.
BPRL will contribute up to A$10m towards the drilling and testing program to evaluate the
shale gas potential in EP413 to earn 50% of Norwest’s 55.606% interest.
In Norwest’s fully owned TP/15 permit, BPRL will provide up to A$4.5m of the estimated
costs of A$7.5m of the drilling costs for Red Hill South (including testing and completion,
and geological and geophysical studies) to earn 50% interest in the permit. NWE will fund
up to A$3m of the total estimated drilling program.
Norwest will also receive re-imbursement of A$500,000 of past costs from BPRL
BPRL has received the necessary approvals to proceed with the transaction and is currently
conducting its formal due diligence process, to be completed within 20 days of the date of
this announcement. The farm-out transaction is also subject to Western Australian
Department of Mines and Petroleum approval.

STRAT
19-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Seems to have fizzed

trackers
19-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Seems to have fizzed

Anticipated hangover from SPP or disappointing farmee/terms of farmin I guess... Not sure which. Could be a goer in a month or two, especially with drilling potentially in Q4

Corporate
21-08-2010, 07:53 AM
tackers / bermuda / serpie

Looks like I might join you all on some NWE*. What a great job management did buying EP413 for $87,500 from origin. The proposed farmin deal values that piece of dirt at $20m...WOW. Talk about return on investment.

*subject to some weekend research

Corporate
21-08-2010, 08:02 AM
hmmm I'm not sure about giving away half of TP 15 for $4.5m. My quick read while at work gave me the impression that it was just 50% of the redhill prospect. However, it is actually the whole thing!!!

trackers
21-08-2010, 09:52 PM
hmmm I'm not sure about giving away half of TP 15 for $4.5m. My quick read while at work gave me the impression that it was just 50% of the redhill prospect. However, it is actually the whole thing!!!

Not sure what you mean Corp?? I thought it was fairly clear..

In Norwest’s fully owned TP/15 permit, BPRL will provide up to A$4.5m of the estimated
costs of A$7.5m of the drilling costs for Red Hill South (including testing and completion,
and geological and geophysical studies) to earn 50% interest in the permit. NWE will fund
up to A$3m of the total estimated drilling program.

I'm sure Bermuda or Oiler knowing Peter could clarify for us minions lol?

Corporate
21-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Not sure what you mean Corp?? I thought it was fairly clear..

I'm sure Bermuda or Oiler knowing Peter could clarify for us minions lol?

I just thought at it seemed a little cheap, especially considering all of the leads/prospects in TP15. I've emailed the company for clarification. Still it's a great deal.

Sharp737
24-08-2010, 12:47 PM

My take on it is that Management are very bullish on the redhill prospect and that is why they have kept 50% and pay the difference for the drill. 9M bbl recoverable (if the oil is there) is still quite a windfall and 50% of that....nice if we strike it

I think the deal is excellent when you consider the full package. Peter Munachen is the MAN!

STRAT
09-09-2010, 11:14 PM
Hi fellas
are yall still bullish on this one?

The chart isnt flash

tobo
10-09-2010, 08:30 AM
underwhelming, but OBV is not 'falling off a cliff'

STRAT
10-09-2010, 09:29 AM
underwhelming, but OBV is not 'falling off a cliff'Hi Tobo. It may not be falling off a cliff but its definately going down hill.

Im a bit keen on this one but the market says no right now so Im waiting as these guys have dissapointed punters on more than one occasion in the past

A bit like BUL. I want to see a clear bottom before having a crack at it. Id rather pay a little more than spend a long time waiting for something to happen

STRAT
20-09-2010, 09:56 AM
Oiler,
We will have a good lunch. This little NWE has some upside.
PS He has to pay for the lunch if the sp is below 4 cents.
Did you get that free lunch Super B?

bermuda
20-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Did you get that free lunch Super B?

Peter Munachen and his wife Helen took me to a superb restaurant in Perth a week ago. Have a read of their newsletter 15/6 to get an idea of where NWE could go. Let's hope we have reached a bottom.

STRAT
20-09-2010, 10:26 AM
Peter Munachen and his wife Helen took me to a superb restaurant in Perth a week ago. Have a read of their newsletter 28/7 to get an idea of where NWE could go. Let's hope we have reached a bottom.One could say that bottom was reached at the beginning of July Bermuda. More interesting is that a few buy signals have gone off in the last few trading days. NWE has been prone to false starts, P&D ( eg 18th & 19th Aug ) etc but Im watching real close this time.

trackers
20-09-2010, 10:34 AM
Good video here, nabbed off NWE thread on HC: http://www.cleanskies.com/videos/shale-gas-holds-worldwide-potential-pt-1

STRAT
20-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Good video here, nabbed off NWE thread on HC: http://www.cleanskies.com/videos/shale-gas-holds-worldwide-potential-pt-1Hey Trackers. Save the ramp till I decide if Im gonna get a few eh? :scared:

bermuda
20-09-2010, 10:42 AM
One could say that bottom was reached at the beginning of July Bermuda. More interesting is that a few buy signals have gone off in the last few trading days. NWE has been prone to false starts, P&D ( eg 18th & 19th Aug ) etc but Im watching real close this time.

Strat,
Those buying signals were probably the result of me buying some more last week. Make sure you read that newsletter 15/6. This guy Munachen has got his ducks all in a row. ( and the company was almost a DEAD DUCK a few years ago...they had to sell off Cobra just to survive ).

Fantastic JV with Bharat Petroleum. Their big boss came out to Perth last Friday to sign the papers. Bharat are 307 in the Fortune 500 list. Shale gas is getting these Indians all excited.

trackers
20-09-2010, 10:44 AM
Hey Trackers. Save the ramp till I decide if Im gonna get a few eh? :scared:

Haha, no ramp on this one from me :D I've lost my game as of late, so I just sit in the corner and try not to say much

STRAT
20-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Haha, no ramp on this one from me :D I've lost my game as of late, so I just sit in the corner and try not to say muchLost your game? Whats been happening?

STRAT
20-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Strat,
Those buying signals were probably the result of me buying some more last week. Make sure you read that newsletter 28/7. This guy Munachen has got his ducks all in a row. ( and the company was almost a DEAD DUCK a few years ago...they had to sell off Cobra just to survive ).

Fantastic JV with Bharat Petroleum. Their big boss came out to Perth last Friday to sign the papers. Bharat are 307 in the Fortune 500 list. Shale gas is getting these Indians all excited.Haha. I remember when you did the same to ITC a while ago. You didnt buy all 16mill though, did you Bermuda? :ohmy:

Shale Gas gets Oiler excited too :D

trackers
20-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Lost your game? Whats been happening?

Took a (reasonably calculated) bath on NGE, but for some reason I'm still yet to work out I bought some VIL and just took a massive bath on that too. Not been a fun year for me at all, but I've learnt a lot (and realised I have a lot I still need to learn).

Anyhow.. Still 50/50 on shale gas in Oz, but Bharat chucking $15mil at it is always good. NWE's market cap is only $20mil. The shale play with BPT should start soon, and Redhill drilling to start when a rig can be organised. Should be an interesting Q4/Q1 2011

Shale Gas gets Oiler excited too :D

Yeah at the Chch meet he was saying he's keen on it too

STRAT
20-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Took a (reasonably calculated) bath on NGE, but for some reason I'm still yet to work out I bought some VIL and just took a massive bath on that too. Not been a fun year for me at all, but I've learnt a lot (and realised I have a lot I still need to learn).

Anyhow.. Still 50/50 on shale gas in Oz, but Bharat chucking $15mil at it is always good. NWE's market cap is only $20mil. The shale play with BPT should start soon, and Redhill drilling to start when a rig can be organised. Should be an interesting Q4/Q1 2011

Yeah at the Chch meet he was saying he's keen on it tooDont worry mate you will get your mojo back.

Thanks for the vid. I learned a bit from that. Just wondering though, with the new technology that has allowed this gas to be recovered I can see a potential for a flood of gas in the future and we all know what that does to prices. Would love to hear opinions about this from Bermuda, Oiler and others

Oiler
20-09-2010, 07:38 PM
One could say that bottom was reached at the beginning of July Bermuda. More interesting is that a few buy signals have gone off in the last few trading days. NWE has been prone to false starts, P&D ( eg 18th & 19th Aug ) etc but Im watching real close this time.

STRAT dont get too hung up on your charts buddy NWE fundamentally have a hell of a lot going for them in shale gas/liquids market. :t_up: Note: I said liquids much more value than the gas. NWE/AWE have acreage with potential for both gas and liquids.

I have managed to turn Super B's focus from CSG to shale all as a result of our meeting with NWE people at the Oil and Gas Conference in Sydney earlier this year. :D:D

As I said on another thread "time will tell"

Oiler
20-09-2010, 07:49 PM

Yeah at the Chch meet he was saying he's keen on it too

and I still am Trackers. :t_up::t_up:

It is the next Ozzie boom. Watch NWE/AWE both with huge potential acreage. I am still nibling away at NWE not wanting to push the market up. :mellow:

I think WA has the jump on the shale industry, with a ready market for the gas at a good price and infrastucture already in place. Liquids a plus!!

bermuda
20-09-2010, 08:34 PM
[QUOTE=STRAT;319868]Haha. I remember when you did the same to ITC a while ago. You didnt buy all 16mill though, did you Bermuda? :ohmy:

No, not 16m, but I did manage to pick up 2.6m at 2.7 cents. That was a very good piece of work by Peter Munachen to pick up that Origin permit share for $87000 and then farm it out to Bharat for millions.

I researched back and saw that I bought 130k at 27.25 cents in Oct 2007 only to sell at a small loss at 26.5 cents a month later. Must have been the bad Puffin news that scared me off.

Anyway it now has a new look and you never know Puffin may re appear one day. In the meantime I will follow TP/15, EP413 shale gas and the UK opportunity. I am impressed by what Munachen has done.

ps Qantas just posted me a $150 voucher as an apology for Sydney being fog bound. I was on the midnight horror back from Perth and spent 4 hours on the Melbourne tarmac whilst we waited for Sydney to clear. ( It wasnt their fault but I will use it all the same). I certainly didn't expect that. Well done Qantas.

newbe
20-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Actually tried to enter late this afternoon at 2.9 but missed out. Now I will have to wait and see what happens overnight as to what price I may buy at tomorrow. Those who entered at 1c will be probably feeling quite good with themselves I would say.

bermuda
20-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Actually tried to enter late this afternoon at 2.9 but missed out. Now I will have to wait and see what happens overnight as to what price I may buy at tomorrow. Those who entered at 1c will be probably feeling quite good with themselves I would say.

Newbe,
I got another 700k today at 3.0 cents. Should have waited and got them at 2.9. Not to worry. Yes, those guys who got them back in March 2009 at 1 cent did well especially when you consider the shares on issue have gone from 218 million to 700 million.
Good to get that $$$$ commitment from Bharat. Peter has done a wonderful job.

STRAT
20-09-2010, 09:18 PM
STRAT dont get too hung up on your charts buddyAs you know Oiler, I know FA about FA.:D

Charting is the only game I know. Hasnt steered me too far wrong so far. I will stick to what I know I can do.

trackers
21-09-2010, 08:31 PM
and I still am Trackers. :t_up::t_up:

It is the next Ozzie boom. Watch NWE/AWE both with huge potential acreage. I am still nibling away at NWE not wanting to push the market up. :mellow:

I think WA has the jump on the shale industry, with a ready market for the gas at a good price and infrastucture already in place. Liquids a plus!!

Good to hear Oiler :) Thanks for your posts here plus on shale gas thread, very interesting.

bermuda
01-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Strat/Oiler,
Have a listen to David Dix's radio broadcast on AED today. They are still hoping to get Puffin resurrected. Talked about a 300 million barrel prospect. Wouldn't that be nice?

In the meantime we have other fish to fry. ( Perth oil, Perth shale and Wessex oil ).

trackers
03-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Alright I'm back on the wagon, hopefully you guys forgive me for my recent absence lol

Oiler
03-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Alright I'm back on the wagon, hopefully you guys forgive me for my recent absence lol

LOL your forgiven Trackers.

STRAT
03-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Ive only recently jumped on the wagon and so far it hasnt moved an inch in any direction. Might hop out and go up front just to check and make sure the horses aint dead :D

airedale
03-11-2010, 10:19 PM
Hi Strat, I am watching NWE but don't see much sign of life yet. Run a monthly chart and go back about 2 or 3 years. Last time I looked it was a very flat line. Apart from a little surge recently. However wiser sharetraders than me are buying so I'll keep watching. Especially if Bermuda is also watching. LOL

STRAT
04-11-2010, 07:03 PM
I'll keep watching. Especially if Bermuda is also watching. LOLHi Airdale.
Watching? I heard Super B was planning a hostile takeover :eek2:

Oiler
04-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Hi Airdale.
Watching? I heard Super B was planning a hostile takeover :eek2:

STRAT/ Airedale, I dont think too much hostility, quietly building up to # 1 ;)

AGM coming up so I am expecting some sp action. :t_up:

bermuda
05-11-2010, 12:22 AM
Oiler,
I think you and I should go over and see the guys. Have a good lunch and find out what's happening. lol.

Let me know if you are going. Life is short.

tobo
05-11-2010, 07:36 AM
added a bit more yesturday while sp is still calm and under 3c

Oiler
05-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Oiler,
I think you and I should go over and see the guys. Have a good lunch and find out what's happening. lol.

Let me know if you are going. Life is short.

Life is short Mr B so yes I am going.:cool:

We do need to find out whats happening and of course a good lunch with a Margaret River red. ;);)

Check your PM.

Anna Naum
05-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Life is short Mr B so yes I am going.:cool:

We do need to find out whats happening and of course a good lunch with a Margaret River red. ;);)

Check your PM.

When is it? My shares are held in custody

percy
05-11-2010, 08:36 PM
When is it? My shares are held in custody

Holiday Inn City Centre,788 Hay streey,Perth,on monday,29/11/10 at 10am{WST}

newbe
09-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Now thats what I'm talking about. Up 30% this morning.

gazprom1
09-11-2010, 01:07 PM
I am out at 4.1 but probably pulled the trigger way too early again! At least it is a nice profit for a short term hold.

Gazprom

trackers
09-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Alrighty, nice.....

My position is a little light but oh well, at least I'm in the game. I would suggest that Bermuda and Oiler just made themselves a whole lot of money, which is excellent, nice work guys (and thanks Oiler for highlighting the potential of this one in the first place).

STRAT
09-11-2010, 02:38 PM
I second that. Thanks G

Oiler
09-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Alrighty, nice.....

My position is a little light but oh well, at least I'm in the game. I would suggest that Bermuda and Oiler just made themselves a whole lot of money, which is excellent, nice work guys (and thanks Oiler for highlighting the potential of this one in the first place).

Thanks Trackers and I hope you make some money out of this as well. I would expect good news from NWE before or at the AGM at the end of the month. Am going over to Perth for the AGM ( and hopefully Bermuda as well ) so will see if I can "glean" anything new and keep y'all posted.

Oiler
09-11-2010, 05:55 PM
I second that. Thanks G

You are welcome STRAT and see you Saturday afternoon/evening for a natter

STRAT
09-11-2010, 06:13 PM
You are welcome STRAT and see you Saturday afternoon/evening for a natterLooking forward to it.
Cant wait to show off :lol:
Ive had a ripping couple of months :t_up:

Sharp737
09-11-2010, 07:19 PM
It's been a great day for NWE and I think a re-rating is coming for sure.
AWE's announcement is awakening this company in a wonderful manner. And of course, the further we go on with good results, the better takeover target NWE is. Either from AWE or even of course, the Indians.
Be really interesting to hear what you guys get from the AGM
Regards
Sharp

seaosh
29-11-2010, 03:20 PM
So Oiler, share the gossip please!

Paddie
29-11-2010, 04:14 PM

A bit early yet, they are 5 hours behind us.

Paddie

skeet
30-11-2010, 07:13 AM
Funny in one of there announcement yesterday they listed there website as http://www.norwewstenergy.com.au

Cant wait to hear back from Oiler and Bermuda

Oiler
30-11-2010, 07:42 PM

Seaosh I wish I could have come away with some "goss" but to be honest the meeting was very much just a formaility. There were about 15 people there and was told that spec buy companes typically only get those numbers.

The Strachan Report sums the NWE situation up very well and was the "basis" of the meeting.

Peter M did mention in his address that there were major holders from NZ and VIC (3 of us).
The two from VIC are HC posters and are ya typical OZ larrikins. We did have a lot of laughs and dddrinks after the meeting sitting out in front of the hotel on Hay St. in 35 deg heat.

Bottom line after the "haze" I am still a holder and increased my holding just before the meeting.:t_up:

There was nothing out of the meeting that I saw as a negative. I did increase my holding just before the meeting ;)

Sharp737
07-12-2010, 10:15 AM
This share has the possibility of being one of the stand-out shares for 2010-2011 all going well.
Have accumulated quite a lot more.... :)

skeet
15-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Late trading pushed the price today, announcement out soon? Currently sitting on 85%
liquidating other stocks by xmas, this is one to explode in 2011.

Oiler
15-12-2010, 07:04 PM
Late trading pushed the price today, announcement out soon? Currently sitting on 85%
liquidating other stocks by xmas, this is one to explode in 2011.

Skeet 85% from NWE ? well done :t_up:

I believe there is more to come and all we need now is confirmation that we have a drill rig, then watch the price run.

Serpie
15-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Goodness me - over 5c. There's life in the old dog yet. The bottom drawer approach does work sometimes!

spike
15-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Could be interesting tomorrow with the 7pm announcement

Site works to commence immediately in
preparation to drill Redhill South well in
February 2011

Goodness me - over 5c. There's life in the old dog yet. The bottom drawer approach does work sometimes!

Serpie
15-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Am I being cynical, but would the late spike in the shareprice, and the news that drilling approval has been granted possibly be related?
I'm sure that the West Australian Department of Mines and Petroleum didn't send this approval to NWE at 7.30pm on a Wednesday evening.
Mmmmmmmm.

bermuda
15-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Am I being cynical, but would the late spike in the shareprice, and the news that drilling approval has been granted possibly be related?
I'm sure that the West Australian Department of Mines and Petroleum didn't send this approval to NWE at 7.30pm on a Wednesday evening.
Mmmmmmmm.

Serpie,
With an explosive stock like this, any little bit of news get exponentially componded.

I spent 3 months studying the ASX oilers and this is the one I came up with. NWE . But hey, I have been wrong before ( e.g TEX......although I see they have edged up lately ).

Serpie,
Have a crack at this one. Exponential.

Also all Sharetrader posters are cordially welcomed to my place sometime next year for an extraganza bbq. Shrewdy is bringing a keg.

Oiler, we need the date mate. This is getting big.

STRAT
15-12-2010, 11:19 PM
Serpie,
With an explosive stock like this, any little bit of news get exponentially componded.

I spent 3 months studying the ASX oilers and this is the one I came up with. NWE . But hey, I have been wrong before ( e.g TEX......although I see they have edged up lately ).

Serpie,

Also all Sharetrader posters are cordially welcomed to my place sometime next year for an extraganza bbq. Shrewdy is bringing a keg.

Oiler, we need the date mate. This is getting big.An NWE party eh Bermuda?

If it goes off as you and G are expecting I will have to buy a plane ticket to the party. :D

Already have a nice buffer at just a nose hair behind Skeet.

A J
16-12-2010, 01:17 AM
NWE certainly going very well. Time to ponder..... sigh. lol.

Serpie
16-12-2010, 09:54 AM
Serpie,

Been in this one since 2007 Super B - which explains my 15.5c average!
I'd be happy just to get my money back, and to have a drink with you when you 10 bag your investment.

gazprom1
16-12-2010, 10:03 AM
Serpie,

Serpie,

Oiler, we need the date mate. This is getting big.

Thanks for the invitation Bermuda....would really enjoy to meet you guys finally. Please don't have it in the autumn or winter though as we are away a bit.

NWE - I have been in and out successfully. Not currently holding. In your opinion, at or around 5 cents, is it still relatively cheap? Difficult question (cheap compared to what, on what basis, etc) but just trying to get a feel for your expectations. I will take a detailed look at over the weekend but would be great if you could share some of your insight.

Cheers
Gazprom

bermuda
16-12-2010, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the invitation Bermuda....would really enjoy to meet you guys finally. Please don't have it in the autumn or winter though as we are away a bit.

NWE - I have been in and out successfully. Not currently holding. In your opinion, at or around 5 cents, is it still relatively cheap? Difficult question (cheap compared to what, on what basis, etc) but just trying to get a feel for your expectations. I will take a detailed look at over the weekend but would be great if you could share some of your insight.

Cheers
Gazprom

Gazprom,
Have a read of their Newsletter on 15 June. And for something really spectacular have a read of Haspete's post on Hotcopper 26/11. Dont forget to click on NWE to hear his incredible explanation of a Golden Cross. Unbelievable.

I think it will continue to climb many fold. The shale gas program has attracted a Fortune 500 company ( Bharat Petroleum ) and they are going to be drilling into a proven gas field. Cant get much better than that. Still well under the radar. I know a lot of people have been burnt before on this one but here's a chance to get it all back...and some.

gazprom1
16-12-2010, 10:30 AM
Cheers Bermuda.

Oiler
16-12-2010, 01:05 PM

This old dog has a new lease on life Serpie :) and still has plenty of wind

airedale
16-12-2010, 02:07 PM
As the Irishman said......when you look back, there is plenty to look forward to;)

STRAT
16-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Wow. First bag full and climbing.
Hey G, next time we meet ,drinks and dinner are on me and no debate . OK? :D

Oiler
16-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Wow. First bag full and climbing.
Hey G, next time we meet ,drinks and dinner are on me and no debate . OK? :D

looks like you will be at Bermudas to celebrate the NWE Year ;) There is no debate on that one so C U there

seaosh
16-12-2010, 03:27 PM
I got back in late last month, right around the price I finally dumped them in disgust a couple of years back.

Didn't quite get all I wanted though, so maybe I'll still top up at some stage.

But I am NOT treating it like a buy and hold this time round. Will try to trade them.

Learned my lesson last time - well. . . err. . . maybe I did. Remains to be proven I guess. Will I stick to my plan and offload these buggers on the first sign of a significant change of direction?

bermuda
16-12-2010, 05:50 PM
looks like you will be at Bermudas to celebrate the NWE Year ;) There is no debate on that one so C U there

Oiler,
Don't forget you are the one setting the date. Please let me know. Shrewdy is bringing a keg. I will provide the wine and bbq steaks. All welcome. But we need that date that suits you.
Cheers.
Let's hope we can get a nice NWE evening.

Oiler
16-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Oiler,
Don't forget you are the one setting the date. Please let me know. Shrewdy is bringing a keg. I will provide the wine and bbq steaks. All welcome. But we need that date that suits you.
Cheers.
Let's hope we can get a nice NWE evening.

Date is set my friend ... Jan 29 !! It will be great NWE year. I am going to lean on Pottermore, and some of the other posters to fly the Tasman and enjoy some real hospitality

skeet
16-12-2010, 07:02 PM
First bag of the year, hope to play the dips and grab a couple more!

Jan 29, booked it in with the misses now!!

bermuda
16-12-2010, 10:55 PM
Date is set my friend ... Jan 29 !! It will be great NWE year. I am going to lean on Pottermore, and some of the other posters to fly the Tasman and enjoy some real hospitality

Good work Oiler . Jan 29 it is. All welcome. I better tell the wife.

STRAT
18-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Looks like NWE has topped out for now. I reckon thursday with its tall shadow was our high. Engulfing pattern on Friday. Will be more than happy if we find support at or above 39c

seaosh
18-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Strat, I'm not sure I follow.

OK, you must mean 3.9 cents rather than 39! Unless you are just having an optimistic weekend. . .

But do you really think that having broken out and gone so high there will be no support between here and 3.9 cents?

I guess it makes sense in that around Oct 2009 and Apr 2010 it went through that 3.9 level and never held above it. Is that your thinking here?

Just wondering how you are analyzing this one from the tech perspective.

My massively thick book on technical analysis is sitting in a box a couple of thousand kilometers away, so your insights are most appreciated.

tobo
19-12-2010, 08:14 AM
Is your chart missing last few days? I have close at 5.2, and although you don't state 5.2 (and day's fall from 5.7), I assume that is what you are talking about. That engulfing pattern and the RSI are the only clues I see of what is coming next (TA wise).
The brown chart is weekly.

tobo
19-12-2010, 08:24 AM
I am glad engulfing candle stopped at 5.2. (filled Thursday's gap but not lower than Wednesday's close).

[ps. Still figuring out image size. This is 1600x1200 pixels]

STRAT
20-12-2010, 07:40 AM
Hi fellas.

Tobo. You are right I posted an older chart. More than just a few days missing. About a week actually but no change to the comments.
Seaosh. Yup 3.9c. 39.0 would be a tad optimistic but I wouldnt complain if it got up there.

Last significant point of resistance 3.9. This is a short term play ( I have owned them a short time ) so I read it short term. Comments based on the last few candles and Im looking for support at 3.9c. Im not saying it will drop to that. Only that I would seriously reconsider holding if it did go below. My entry was at 2.85. If it continues to perform it will become a medium term play which means for me I will give it more room to wriggle. Mind you waiting till it was below 3.9 would already be a lot of wriggle :scared:

Hey Tobo. I see you are using FIB and SAR. Hows that workin out? I havent found those two all that useful in the past.

tobo
21-12-2010, 07:33 AM
I only tried the FIB because it rose so steeply and was looking for a clue about where it might stop.

and SAR I am trying but have not found it telling me anything yet.
(Because I have just been accumulating several shares over last year I have not needed much TA- every time I have a small $ available to spend there are more contenders than $ among my favourite LT holds.)
SP, MA, resistance/support and OBV are still my main guides, along with FA news!!!!!, and glancing at others (RSI etc).

ToBo. LT: PEN PENOA PENOC LYC MCO NWE CUE, NAV. Watching ARU to part replace LYC as it is maturing

STRAT
21-12-2010, 01:14 PM
I only tried the FIB because it rose so steeply and was looking for a clue about where it might stop.

and SAR I am trying but have not found it telling me anything yet.
(Because I have just been accumulating several shares over last year I have not needed much TA- every time I have a small $ available to spend there are more contenders than $ among my favourite LT holds.)
SP, MA, resistance/support and OBV are still my main guides, along with FA news!!!!!, and glancing at others (RSI etc).

ToBo. LT: PEN PENOA PENOC LYC MCO NWE CUE, NAV. Watching ARU to part replace LYC as it is maturingHi Tobo.
Its worth while to try em all out I reckon.

So much for that retrace i was sorta predicting. NWE lookin good today. Still a way to go to get back into the 6s mind you.

Anna Naum
23-12-2010, 08:17 PM
Trading halt until 30th for capital raising

remy
27-12-2010, 08:40 PM
16.2 average.. glad to see NWE is doing well..congrats to everyone who brought in around 2cm

Anna Naum
29-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Pro-rata non-renounceable entitlement issue of approximately 104.5million options at $0.0075 each and placement of 28.4million shares at an issue price of $0.044 per share.

36% discount on the placement with no SPP.

gazprom1
30-12-2010, 09:21 AM
Pro-rata non-renounceable entitlement issue of approximately 104.5million options at $0.0075 each and placement of 28.4million shares at an issue price of $0.044 per share.

36% discount on the placement with no SPP.

Management have made it interesting by stating that if you exercise (at $0.10) your Primary Option before 30 Sept 2011, you will receive a free Secondary option excercisable at 20 cents before 30 June 2013. Makes a Black Scholes calculation a bit tricky.

Always annoys me how they issue a whole lot of shares to "insiders" at a discount to the current price and then entitle them to participate in the options as well. Money for jam.

Gazprom

STRAT
30-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Hmmm. Could have been worse but I expect there will be a sell off today.

bermuda
30-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Hmmm. Could have been worse but I expect there will be a sell off today.

Strat,
Buy on any weakness. This is a very clever capital raising with minimal dilution and a reward of low cost options to those onboard by 13 January 2011. The market has totally underestimated what NWE has on its plate and in particular the strength of its JV partner, Bharat Petroleum, a Fortune 500 company.

gazprom1
30-12-2010, 10:54 AM
Strat,
Buy on any weakness. This is a very clever capital raising with minimal dilution and a reward of low cost options to those onboard by 13 January 2011. The market has totally underestimated what NWE has on its plate and in particular the strength of its JV partner, Bharat Petroleum, a Fortune 500 company.

Tend to agree Bermuda re the low cost options but why issue shares at 4.4 cents to Sophisticated investors? Why not do a placement and an SPP?? Sentiment towards the stock would be better from the broader investor pool.

Gazprom

STRAT
30-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Tend to agree Bermuda re the low cost options but why issue shares at 4.4 cents to Sophisticated investors? Why not do a placement and an SPP?? Sentiment towards the stock would be better from the broader investor pool.

GazpromHi Gaz,
I think I read that the Directors are underwriting this them selves. An SPP would leave them with an undetermined cheque to write eh?

Hi Bermuda.
Dont usually average up but I will probably take my options. At 1 to 7 thats a cheque that wont be too demanding on me. lol.

gazprom1
30-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Hi Gaz,
I think I read that the Directors are underwriting this them selves. An SPP would leave them with an undetermined cheque to write eh?

Hi Bermuda.
Dont usually average up but I will probably take my options. At 1 to 7 thats a cheque that wont be to demanding on me. lol.

Hi Strat,

Yes, they are underwriting it. However, they would not necessarily have to underwrite the SPP - would they?? They also could have underwritten a portion that they felt comfortable with. This happens in a few issues. I think that all S/H's should be treated eaqually and I don't like the idea of a certain few been given a discount to the market and then being entitled to all the benefits as ordinary s/holders. Defeats the purpose of securities law really. However, a lot of companies do exactly the same so I am not picking out NWE as I am a fan of the company.

Hope you had a good Xmas Strat/ Bermuda!!

Gazprom

STRAT
30-12-2010, 11:27 AM
Hope you had a good Xmas Strat/ Bermuda!!

GazpromThanks Gaz. Likewise.

Im just glad its all over and I can chill for a bit

bermuda
30-12-2010, 11:55 AM

Gazprom

They needed a quick $1 million. An spp would take too long. But if they had asked me I could have got a few mates to stump up and get on board at 5.0 cents. Redhill will be an exciting drill even if the chances of success are below even.

spike
30-12-2010, 12:00 PM
I can see the time line for the options but can some one confirm what would be the time line for the placement of the shares to the Sophisticated investors as the soon this is completed the better

STRAT
30-12-2010, 12:01 PM
They needed a quick $1 million. An spp would take too long. But if they had asked me I could have got a few mates to stump up and get on board at 5.0 cents. Redhill will be an exciting drill even if the chances of success are below even.Hi Super B.
You are hot for this one eh? :D
I think we both owe Oiler a drink or two for getting our attention on it in a timely fashon.

bermuda
30-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Hi Super B.
You are hot for this one eh? :D
I think we both owe Oiler a drink or two for getting our attention on it in a timely fashon.

Agreed. Come down here on the 29th. It could be big.

STRAT
30-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Agreed. Come down here on the 29th. It could be big.Thanks Bermuda. Im real keen to come but I have a gig that night. If its cancelled I will be there.

spike
30-12-2010, 12:37 PM
It will be interesting to how the share price goes in the next few days.
Approx 28 mill share at a discount of 1.6 cents mean the company gave away approx $450,000 to raise approx 1,230,000

With approx 700,000,000 listed shares dropping from 6c to 5.4 cent the company value has droped approx $4,200,000

The $450,000 is equal to less than 0.5 cents per share. The other factor affecting the share price drop would be capital gains would now be shared around more shares.
I suspect this capital rasing effect on the share price will soon be forgoten but the effect of the options could be greater as while I am planning to take them I already trying to think of where I will find the money for them.

STRAT
30-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Hi Spike. NWE has fought back nicely today eh?

Oiler
30-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Strat,

I have to agree Bermuda, this was there best option as you said. I dont think a company can do multiple SPP's in one year?? maybe wrong.

Buy on the dips .... if you are quick.

Now that the drilling rig is confirmed ......... stand back and watch this baby grow.

STRAT I am going to hoover up any options that come onto the market.

spike
30-12-2010, 10:20 PM
Hi Spike. NWE has fought back nicely today eh?

Yep NWE looking good though I might have to fight Oiler for a few extra options. I kept an eye on BKP you must be pleased with how it is going. I should of had more faith in it.

STRAT
31-12-2010, 12:33 PM
. I kept an eye on BKP you must be pleased with how it is going. I should of had more faith in it.Hit 1.3 today. Last minute dash for the 2010 comp lol.

Oiler
31-12-2010, 07:26 PM
STRAT

2011 will be the NWE year..... the party is just beginning :t_up:

Talking of parties.... see you in CHC at the party at Super B's place.

I am also keeping an eye on WGP and ADE and have put my foot in on both ;)

gazprom1
05-01-2011, 03:09 PM
I am back on board at 4.9 cents today...thought I had bought at the close y'day but missed out. Should be an interesting few weeks.

Gazprom

trackers
06-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Hmm, decisions decisions, buy some more now at 5c and get 1/7 free options... Or save the money and buy options when they come on market. Whaddya reckon fellas?

gazprom1
06-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Hmm, decisions decisions, buy some more now at 5c and get 1/7 free options... Or save the money and buy options when they come on market. Whaddya reckon fellas?

Hi Trackers,

Both. I think the options will be in huge demand and therefore price may get away. Buy some heads and get the attached options...and buy some options as well if you get the chance at reasonable levels!!

Gaz

trackers
06-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Heya Gaz, that sounds like a plan, might chuck in a bid and see what happens. Are you going to Bermuda's place in chch on the 5th? ->

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?8173-NEW-YEAR-Bash-at-Bermuda-s-Place/page2

gazprom1
06-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Heya Gaz, that sounds like a plan, might chuck in a bid and see what happens. Are you going to Bermuda's place in chch on the 5th? ->

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?8173-NEW-YEAR-Bash-at-Bermuda-s-Place/page2

I am hoping to come along as it would be great to meet you guys.

How are you getting along with your investments generally? We had a great end of the year run IMO. I am more or less fully invested but have been taking off some profits as I have been going along. Had a couple of disappointments in AZZ and AMU...both had positive news but not enough for the market....AMU starts its share buy back tomorrow I think so that could help the SP.

Gaz

Oiler
06-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Hi Trackers,

Both. I think the options will be in huge demand and therefore price may get away. Buy some heads and get the attached options...and buy some options as well if you get the chance at reasonable levels!!

Gaz
Gaz I agree, I doubt there will be too many options for sale,so better to buy the heads as you say wait and see if the options are available at the "right" price. Either way I am "hunting" for more.

trackers
06-01-2011, 07:39 PM
I am hoping to come along as it would be great to meet you guys.

How are you getting along with your investments generally? We had a great end of the year run IMO. I am more or less fully invested but have been taking off some profits as I have been going along. Had a couple of disappointments in AZZ and AMU...both had positive news but not enough for the market....AMU starts its share buy back tomorrow I think so that could help the SP.

Gaz

Hey, yeah not too bad I guess. Done pretty well out of YTC and ARV/ARVOB lately, but I need some new targets. This year I hope to pick stocks similarly to last year but apply TA much much better (riding profits mainly).

NWE could be a multi bagger if the shale programme goes to plan, now just need to decide if I want to stay through Redhill South drill (probably not)

trackers
10-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Crankin' :cool:

Though I think there's some DT action in there... Hopefully that will be outweighed by punters jumping on board for near-time drilling and free options

gazprom1
11-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Crankin' :cool:

Though I think there's some DT action in there... Hopefully that will be outweighed by punters jumping on board for near-time drilling and free options

I am out at 5.7 last night Trackers....I was going to be in for the options etc but as the price rose from 4.9 to 5.7 I did a quick Black Scholes calculation which put the option value at around 2.5. Let's say it is 3 cents and you paid 0.075 that leaves you a 2.25 cent profit for every seven shares (1 fof 7 issue). 2,25 divided by 7 is just over 0.3 cent for every share. IMHO I believe the shares will trade below 5.4 once the shares go XE. All theoretical though as the RFR and Volatility for the BS model is just a estimate. Price could go higher before they go XE but happy with my lot.

Gaz

Oiler
24-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Hey, yeah not too bad I guess. Done pretty well out of YTC and ARV/ARVOB lately, but I need some new targets. This year I hope to pick stocks similarly to last year but apply TA much much better (riding profits mainly).

NWE could be a multi bagger if the shale programme goes to plan, now just need to decide if I want to stay through Redhill South drill (probably not)

Whats your thoughts after today's price rise Tracker's :cool:

The fun has just begun.

gazprom1
24-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Hey Oiler,

NWE has been holding up really well and todays rise was excellent - congrats. I am out but was hoping to be back in by now. I didn't cough up the right money. Been sitting back hoping to get hit. Will take some bad news or a largish market correction to bring NWE back to 5 cents IMHO. If Redhill is a success it could go anywhere with the shale drill to come. My only hope maybe a failure at Redhill or some selling pressure pre-drill.....or pay up the $$$$'s.

Happy for you guys that are in.

Gaz

COLIN
24-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Was beginning to start worrying about this one but several of the indicators still seem encouraging - noted in particular the Momentum and the Williams%R.

bermuda
25-01-2011, 12:56 AM
[QUOTE=gazprom1;334082]Hey Oiler,

NWE has been holding up really well and todays rise was excellent - congrats. I am out but was hoping to be back in by now. I didn't cough up the right money. Been sitting back hoping to get hit. Will take some bad news or a largish market correction to bring NWE back to 5 cents IMHO. If Redhill is a success it could go anywhere with the shale drill to come. My only hope maybe a failure at Redhill or some selling pressure pre-drill.....or pay up the $$$$'s.

GAZ,
I have been up in the Coromandel at one of my mates. What a view he has. Told him to sell all his AXA shares and get on this one. I told him to bid at 5.5 cents but he won't have got any today. They have raced to 6.1.. Should have told him to buy on market.

People are starting to wake up to this one. I did say to him not to worry as if Redhill was a duster then he should get in before the shale. To which he replied " And what if Redhill is a success???" ...

The drill bit will do the talking.

gazprom1
25-01-2011, 08:27 AM
GAZ,
I have been up in the Coromandel at one of my mates. What a view he has. Told him to sell all his AXA shares and get on this one. I told him to bid at 5.5 cents but he won't have got any today. They have raced to 6.1.. Should have told him to buy on market.

People are starting to wake up to this one. I did say to him not to worry as if Redhill was a duster then he should get in before the shale. To which he replied " And what if Redhill is a success???" ...

The drill bit will do the talking.[/QUOTE]

Ho Bermuda,

I am happy for all the holders in the stock and hope it goes MUCH further. It spent a very long time around that 3 cent level....hard to believe that was only a few short months ago. Unfortunatley, NWE was not a core holding of mine so have been trading it which has meant taking some nice gains but not the 100% that has been on offer.

US markets are very firm which should bode well for the ASX today. AUD also strong v. NZD.

Gaz

Jay
25-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Just a quick note
ASX Closed today - 25th - Australia Day

Xerof
25-01-2011, 10:43 AM
No, it's open today, closed tomorrow 26th

Jay
25-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Sorry a day ahead of myself

spike
31-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Has any one in NZ received the paper work yet for the options

bermuda
31-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Has any one in NZ received the paper work yet for the options
Not yet. When it arrives get onto it quickly. Sometimes the post to Perth takes longer than usual.

spike
31-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Not yet. When it arrives get onto it quickly. Sometimes the post to Perth takes longer than usual.

Thanks Just back from holiday and a bit worryed it might of got lost while I was away

airedale
31-01-2011, 08:50 PM
It should have been sent out [from Perth?] last Tuesday 25th. Should arrive this week and closing date is Friday week, the 11th.

Serpie
01-02-2011, 08:40 AM
I got a message from ForBar yesterday asking if I wanted them, so I'm guessing theirs have arrived.

skeet
03-02-2011, 07:20 AM
Photo off HC,
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/1843/img1498n.jpg

"Red Hill South site from my visit last weekend - this is only the water drill. Hunt drill being mobalised."

airedale
03-02-2011, 05:15 PM
Paperwork for the options arrived at Rangiora on Wed. and posted back with cheque the same day.

bermuda
03-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Paperwork for the options arrived at Rangiora on Wed. and posted back with cheque the same day.

Airedale,
You must have an Aussie account. I should get one. My papers arrived today and my bank can't get a cheque raised until Monday or Tuesday.
Look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

trackers
03-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Airedale,
You must have an Aussie account. I should get one. My papers arrived today and my bank can't get a cheque raised until Monday or Tuesday.
Look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

Got mine today too - Hopefully ASB will be able to BPAY this one for me

skeet
04-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Only got mine today, hope it gets to them in time!

Sharp737
06-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Got mine too, send the $A check by post Thursday. Should get there in time

skeet
09-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Spud date extended to 21 February 2011 due to wet weather in Central Australia. Could be the perfect time to pick a bundle more pre spud.

mamos
09-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Has anyone valued how much the options are worth. I know it changes everyday as the underlying changes.

Does anyone have a Black-Scholes model for the valuation?

Xerof
10-02-2011, 11:08 AM
I know one guy over on HC was willing to buy them at 1 cent, and he got slightly overbid by another

to avoid any confusion - that was off-market between willing seller/buyer

The options list on 21 Feb

airedale
10-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Oiler is probably hoovering them up.:) Does anyone know the ticker code for the options?

trackers
10-02-2011, 01:33 PM
The options are non-renounceable, so the rights to the entitlement can't be traded and the issue isn't closed yet - The options will be tradeable on 21Feb

Oiler
10-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Oiler is probably hoovering them up.:) Does anyone know the ticker code for the options?

LOL I wish I could hoover them up Airedale. I reckon I would get competition from Bermuda though and we certainly dont want to compete on price.

Bermuda and I spent a few hours over many reds and dinner last night in New Plymouth talking about NWE and other small potential shale plays. :cool: Discussions to be continued!!!

shasta
10-02-2011, 02:37 PM
LOL I wish I could hoover them up Airedale. I reckon I would get competition from Bermuda though and we certainly dont want to compete on price.

Bermuda and I spent a few hours over many reds and dinner last night in New Plymouth talking about NWE and other small potential shale plays. :cool: Discussions to be continued!!!

Oiler

Did you read the speel in the DGR quarterly regarding Armour Energy?

Would love to know your thoughts now more details are out there

trackers
10-02-2011, 04:42 PM
New drilling method opens vast oil fields in US

Shale.... Oil?

A new drilling technique is opening up vast fields of previously out-of-reach oil in the western United States, helping reverse a two-decade decline in domestic production of crude.

Companies are investing billions of dollars to get at oil deposits scattered across North Dakota, Colorado, Texas and California. By 2015, oil executives and analysts say, the new fields could yield as much as 2 million barrels of oil a day — more than the entire Gulf of Mexico produces now.

This new drilling is expected to raise U.S. production by at least 20 percent over the next five years. And within 10 years, it could help reduce oil imports by more than half, advancing a goal that has long eluded policymakers.
"That's a significant contribution to energy security," says Ed Morse, head of commodities research at Credit Suisse.
Oil engineers are applying what critics say is an environmentally questionable method developed in recent years to tap natural gas trapped in underground shale. They drill down and horizontally into the rock, then pump water, sand and chemicals into the hole to crack the shale and allow gas to flow up.

Because oil molecules are sticky and larger than gas molecules, engineers thought the process wouldn't work to squeeze oil out fast enough to make it economical. But drillers learned how to increase the number of cracks in the rock and use different chemicals to free up oil at low cost.http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110209/ap_on_re_us/us_shale_oil_3

Oiler
10-02-2011, 06:24 PM
New drilling method opens vast oil fields in US

Shale.... Oil?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110209/ap_on_re_us/us_shale_oil_3

Trackers, the Bakken and Eagle Ford have been known for Shale Gas and Oil. Not every field has wet gas unfortunately. News article is late news and just regurgitated news.

skeet
11-02-2011, 09:33 PM
Resource Stock March 2011 Norwest Energy (http://www.norwestenergy.com.au/index.php/download_file/-/view/236/)

Found this on the Norwest Energy website. good write up should get some more traction

skeet
17-02-2011, 12:39 AM
NWEO started trading, 1.5c

Xerof
17-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Bermuda,

you have Peters full attention.....could you do me a favour?

there is a comment both in writing and via his broadcast saying drilling the shale to commence April/May. A guy on the other channel pointed out there is only one rig in Australasia, operated by Weatherford, that has the capability of drilling this depth (Unsubstantiated comment)

I pointed out that TSV have a binding contract on the weatherford rig for an April timeslot, so there seems a conflict of info

who is right or are both right? Appreciate any feedback you can get

cheers

ps rather ask the Q here - might cause a price collapse via the other channel.....

trackers
21-02-2011, 10:36 AM
NWEO's are in the account, looks like it will open a two-bagger? nice - Pity the entitlement was only 1:7 lol!

Spud for Redhill today too..

Xerof
21-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Trades went through last week on a deferred basis at 1.5 cents, so you've had a two-bagger from the get-go !!

bermuda
21-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Bermuda,

you have Peters full attention.....could you do me a favour?

there is a comment both in writing and via his broadcast saying drilling the shale to commence April/May. A guy on the other channel pointed out there is only one rig in Australasia, operated by Weatherford, that has the capability of drilling this depth (Unsubstantiated comment)

I pointed out that TSV have a binding contract on the weatherford rig for an April timeslot, so there seems a conflict of info

who is right or are both right? Appreciate any feedback you can get

cheers

ps rather ask the Q here - might cause a price collapse via the other channel.....

Xerof,
No problems. Oiler and I will be catching up with Peter in Sydney next week. Redhill spuds midweek. Will be an interesting few weeks.

skeet
28-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Good interest today, announcement pending?

STRAT
28-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Must be a good announcement.
There is a bid up at 74.0c:eek2: