PDA

View Full Version : CUE-> Pantheon of small oil stocks

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Financially dependant
08-05-2009, 06:44 PM
"The company is of a view that it has sufficient funds at present to fund it's ongoing activities"

It's now from the horses mouth.....music to my ears......we all knew it but now the market should be happier...like me :)

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?E=ASX&S=CUE&N=317758

dartMonkey
13-05-2009, 04:00 PM
2 big orders just took out the cap at 14.
Shrewdy, perhaps our day is near?

Financially dependant
13-05-2009, 04:07 PM

You beat me to it dartMonkey........:)

Good volume on HZN & CUE today......something is up

colinm_au
13-05-2009, 04:30 PM
Could be bad news ... a low ball takeover coming :eek:

STRAT
13-05-2009, 04:47 PM
good to finally see CUE get out of the 12-13c trading range still pently sellers happy to come forward at 14cI was gonna say from a TA perspective 14 is significant and just had a look now at 15 :D
plus 2.8 million traded today. Biggest volume by a long shot since 19th Jan

croesus
13-05-2009, 06:17 PM
I am smiling.........cheers S.C. for alerting me to this stock....currently my biggest oiler investment .. followed by PPP........

JBmurc
13-05-2009, 06:25 PM
-About time CUE got some interest nice 15.5c close 24% increase don't know if it would be insiders trading on good news coming or just a market finally waking up to how cheap CUE was.....

dartMonkey
13-05-2009, 06:35 PM
ditto croesues ... cheers S.C. for alerting me to this stock ...

mattyroo
13-05-2009, 06:52 PM

bugger! I've had orders in at 12 waiting to get filled and must of just missed out each time it touched 12! Kept on thinking I should have just upped my order to 12.5. Now looks like I may have to up it further!

tricha
13-05-2009, 09:50 PM
-About time CUE got some interest nice 15.5c close 24% increase don't know if it would be insiders trading on good news coming or just a market finally waking up to how cheap CUE was.....

Tis was a beautiful picture today, why who knows, but I'm celebrating, I guess Shrewd must be in China :D

CUECue Energy Resources Limited FPOhttp://www.stocknessmonster.com/images/australia.gifhttp://www.stocknessmonster.com/chart/stockness/intra/delayed/ASX/CUE
Buy 261.3T
http://www.stocknessmonster.com/images/arrow_up.gifLast
http://www.stocknessmonster.com/images/green_round_small.gif 3 24%
4:10 pm
High 16
Open 13
Volume 3,357,613

Sell 478.9T
Low 13
Prev. Close 12.5
Turnover $482,256

shasta
13-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Tis was a beautiful picture today, why who knows, but I'm celebrating, I guess Shrewd must be in China :D

CUECue Energy Resources Limited FPOhttp://www.stocknessmonster.com/images/australia.gifhttp://www.stocknessmonster.com/chart/stockness/intra/delayed/ASX/CUE
Buy 261.3T

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/images/arrow_up.gifLast

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/images/green_round_small.gif 3 24%
4:10 pm
High 16
Open 13
Volume 3,357,613

Sell 478.9T
Low 13
Prev. Close 12.5
Turnover $482,256

If Shrewd's average was 21.6c, he'll be wanting some more days like this!

tricha
13-05-2009, 10:11 PM
If Shrewd's average was 21.6c, he'll be wanting some more days like this!

He might be, but I averaged out today at 15.5 cents on what I bought last week, make up for the ones I averaged in at 21.5 cents ;)

Better than money in the bank :p

shasta
13-05-2009, 10:21 PM
He might be, but I averaged out today at 15.5 cents on what I bought last week, make up for the ones I averaged in at 21.5 cents ;)

Better than money in the bank :p

I'm keeping an eye on CUE, but with NZO & ROC i've got the O&G sector covered :D

STRAT
13-05-2009, 10:28 PM

Better than money in the bank :pI used the clouds to to tell me when to buy mine :D

13.5 and back in the blue ;)

Excellent intraday trading today Tricha. Short of the Yanks spoiling the party tomorrow looking promising

tricha
13-05-2009, 10:30 PM
I used the clouds to to tell me when to buy mine :D

13.5 and back in the blue;)

I watched the tea leaves, 12.5 cents

P.S and if u do not believe it, name your bet.

STRAT
13-05-2009, 10:33 PM
I watched the tea leaves, 12.5 cents

P.S and if u do not believe it, name your bet.lol,
Yeah but thats averaging down.

averaging down to 15.5 did you say?:p

name your bet?:confused:

tricha
13-05-2009, 10:38 PM
lol,
Yeah but thats averaging down.

averaging down to 15.5 did you say?:p

name your bet?:confused:

I'm betting u I bought my last CUE @ 12.5 cents.

And I bet u $1000

And I sold them today and I am rapt.

STRAT
13-05-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm betting u I bought my last CUE @ 12.5 cents.

And I bet u $1000How would you prove that?

In any case you dont have to. I believe you. Good on ya too. ;):D

Could you perhaps post a pic of the empty tea cup so we can all have a go at TA ( tealeaf analisis ) :eek:

You sold em too early I reckon. We will see tomorrow I guess

tricha
13-05-2009, 10:44 PM
How would you prove that?

In any case you dont have to. I believe you. Good on ya too. ;):D

Could you perhaps post a pic of the empty tea cup so we can all have a go at TA ( tealeaf analisis ) :eek:

You sold em too early I reckon. We will see tomorrow I guess

Hmm, I still hold 100K ;) And the tea leaves float on the top.

trackers
13-05-2009, 11:56 PM
I'm out on a healthy return, market hasn't been kind to CUE lately, will buy back in q3 as the story gets even better

JBmurc
14-05-2009, 09:10 AM
I'm keeping an eye on CUE, but with NZO & ROC i've got the O&G sector covered :D

what price you get roc at shasta

just checking out CUE depth very nice not going sell at these levels could see 17c high today

trackers
14-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Huge volume moving through, POO up... Buyers still outnumbering sellers 5:2. Picking it will see 16.5 before the weeks end.

Came to my senses and picked up some at 15c today (leaving enough for BUL and ROC purchases)

STRAT
14-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Huge volume moving through, POO up... Buyers still outnumbering sellers 5:2. Picking it will see 16.5 before the weeks end.

Came to my senses and picked up some at 15c today (leaving enough for BUL and ROC purchases)Hey Trackers,

POO down today I thought. What am I missing here?

trackers
14-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Hey Trackers,

POO down today I thought. What am I missing here?

Brent's up a smidgeon, when I checked this morning it was green across the board but most of them closed slightly down (incl WTI), you're right :confused:

STRAT
14-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Brent's up a smidgeon, when I checked this morning it was green across the board but most of them are slightly down (incl WTI), you're right :confused:Thanks Trackers ,
just making sure I didnt have dodgey data :D

trackers
14-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Thanks Trackers ,
just making sure I didnt have dodgey data :D

Nope its all me, POO did at the end of the day what my ASX watchlist just did over the last half hour :eek:

All good :)

Crypto Crude
14-05-2009, 11:15 PM
hummm.....

Yes I need a few more days of 25% returns to get it back...
yes I missed other stocks.....

Mate...

I get asked why CUE's sp rose 25% the other day...

I tell them, "it could be for ten different reasons"...

For real...I dont have a clue... the easy answer is "fundamentals in the medium term, for free"....
anyway....

im looking to buy into TSV within a week at the right price...
3c ish...I would have to be looking for the DOW to fall, and im in....

Research..... TSV.....this is aussies biggest/first tight gas development going into production ever... 2.1 MMCF flow tests of Warro-3, (to date-with upgrades), TSV JV with Alcoa partner....... plateau flow rates around 5 MMCF...
30 wells...
could fit 200...
upside on certification...

200 BCF to a 25 million market cap...

bagger on bagger return, goin on current market info... one of the best ive seen...

TSV 100 mmcf/day target AT 10%... 10 mmcf....
VERY BIG FOR A MINNOW.....

anyway...
I will post soon...
:cool:
.^sc

Corporate
15-05-2009, 07:23 AM
hummm.....

Yes I need a few more days of 25% returns to get it back...
yes I missed other stocks.....

Mate...

I get asked why CUE's sp rose 25% the other day...

I tell them, "it could be for ten different reasons"...

For real...I dont have a clue... the easy answer is "fundamentals in the medium term, for free"....
anyway....

im looking to buy into TSV within a week at the right price...
3c ish...I would have to be looking for the DOW to fall, and im in....

Research..... TSV.....this is aussies biggest/first tight gas development going into production ever... 2.1 MMCF flow tests of Warro-3, (to date-with upgrades), TSV JV with Alcoa partner....... plateau flow rates around 5 MMCF...
30 wells...
could fit 200...
upside on certification...

200 BCF to a 25 million market cap...

bagger on bagger return, goin on current market info... one of the best ive seen...

TSV 100 mmcf/day target AT 10%... 10 mmcf....
VERY BIG FOR A MINNOW.....

anyway...
I will post soon...
.^sc

SC come join the party at TSV. I'm in at 3.1cps yesterday. Best gas play I've seen. May look to double up on my holding on any weakness!

trackers
19-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Both DOW and POO soaring today...

DOW +3%

POO +4%

JBmurc
19-05-2009, 09:33 AM
Both DOW and POO soaring today...

DOW +3%

POO +4%

yeah should be a good day for many oilers today CUE's selling depth pretty light till 15.5 so should see 16c today

trackers
19-05-2009, 09:50 AM
yeah should be a good day for many oilers today CUE's selling depth pretty light till 15.5 so should see 16c today

Convinced that CUE loosely (very loosely!) follows the DOW and POO, so lets hope so! :)

http://iforce.co.nz/i/2uqcpure.jpg (http://www.iforce.co.nz/)

trackers
19-05-2009, 09:54 AM
vs OIL

http://iforce.co.nz/i/popv5d2u.jpg (http://www.iforce.co.nz/)

trackers
19-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Manaia drilling release:

RELEASE

Manaia -1 Appraisal Well

Cue is pleased to announce that the Maari Joint venture has approved drilling of the Manaia -1
appraisal well. The well is currently scheduled to commence drilling in mid August 2009, at the end
of the Maari development drilling program.

The Manaia field is located approximately 10 km SW of the Maari Field in Exploration Permit PEP
38413 in the offshore Taranaki Basin, New Zealand (Figure 1). The field was discovered in 1970 by
the Maui -4 well. The well intersected an oil accumulation in the Mangahewa Formation reservoir
which tested at 575 BOPD. Two additional oil accumulations were also encountered in the Moki
Formation (main reservoir at Maari Field) but were not tested at the time.

The Manaia -1 appraisal well will be drilled as an extended reach horizontal well from the Maari
platform using the Ensco 107 jack-up rig. It is scheduled to take 47 days to drill and will target a
location which interpretation of reprocessed PSDM 3D seismic data indicates will be updip from
Maui -4. It is expected to confirm the presence of the oil column established by the Maui -4
exploration well. If producible hydrocarbons are established the well will be completed and tied
into the Maari facilities for subsequent testing and production.

The Manaia field is assessed to have mean oil in place of 58 million barrels within the Mangahewa
reservoir.

Cue’s Chief Executive Officer, Bob Coppin said, “This is an exciting opportunity to add value to the
Maari field development. In a success case it will provide additional production from both the
Manaia field and possible increased recoverable volumes from Maari as a result of field life
extension.”

The participants in the Manaia -1 appraisal well are:

Cue Taranaki Pty Ltd 5%
OMV NZ Ltd (Operator) 69%
Todd Maari Limited 16%
Horizon Oil International Limited 10%

Corporate
19-05-2009, 12:14 PM
a mean of 58m barrels....are they serious?

soulman
19-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Without that announcement, CUE might have gone up to 16 cents. With a miniscule 5% stake, that announcement just kill the SP.

Corporate
19-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Without that announcement, CUE might have gone up to 16 cents. With a miniscule 5% stake, that announcement just kill the SP.

huh.............?

upside_umop
19-05-2009, 07:23 PM
i doubled up today at close, hoping this 14 cents resistance holds.

soulman
19-05-2009, 07:25 PM
All psychology Corporate. Just my frustration because I bought CUE last week at 15.5 cents.

OK, STX did not move today either and PPP went down so go figure. POO went berserk last night.

Sehnsucht888
20-05-2009, 01:02 AM
HZN stayed flat today - they have 10%, where as lots of other things went up, especially oilers with oil up overnight.... odd.

Financially dependant
20-05-2009, 07:22 AM
HZN stayed flat today - they have 10%, where as lots of other things went up, especially oilers with oil up overnight.... odd.

I have been wondering the same.....one thought is the market doesn't like the extra expense! to HZN & CUE that have little to spare??? But who knows

trackers
20-05-2009, 11:13 AM
i doubled up today at close, hoping this 14 cents resistance holds.

Its going to hold - Attempting to top up some more at these levels today, what a bargain

Crypto Crude
20-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Today Horizon Oil came out and announced a sale of half its PNG assets for 55 Million US dollars... Benjamins mate...

This is important for us, because CUE have significant PNG assets...
what are our PNG assets then worth?

-Barikewa gas field (120 BCF)
-Kimu gas field (30 BCF)
-S E Gobe producing gas field (2.5 BCF)
-PPL 190 (bilip oil discovery, significant Cobra discovery (gas recovered), and condensate....

A while back,
I worked out that Kimu 30 BCF (2P) is equilivant to 5,467,468 million barrels of oil (BOE)... for our stake..
Barikweka 120 BCF 2P... 21,869,874 Barrels of oil (BOE)... our stake...
and S E Gobe, currently in production with 455,000 barrels of oil (BOE) to come...(2.5 BCF)...

I used the benchmark converson rate of one barrel equaling to 5487 CF...

So our PNG proven assets are BOE equilivant to 27.8 Million barrels of oil our stake... adding in PRL 190... and the fact that Cobra could open up eastern PNG...
I could argue that our PNG assets are worth more than 55 Million US dollars... in time, for sure....

Id say right now that our current market cap factors in close to Zero value from PNG...
hummm...
its either that, or other CUE assets are being discounted...

Soulman,
yes our 5% of Maari is small... but you have to understand that Maari is a vehicle for the big picture... and a pretty good one...
Maari is still significant which in time will attribute this company with close to 5 million barrels of production...for a 90 million market cap...

so what is the big picture...?

getting our 45 ish million barrels of oil (2P into development, then production)...... 45 (ish) million is roughly our current 54 million BOE, less Maari, Oyong oil, Oyong gas, Wortel Gas, S E Gobe gas...

CUE is not all production, or All development, or All Exploration, or All appraisal... it is a bit of everything...
And its current/future production (Maari, Oyong oil, Oyong gas, SE gobe, Wortel) make this cheap alone...
Our diversified revenue streams will hopefully mean that we dont need to sell a stake in our PNG assets to development them...

P3 Global Energy got 50% of HZN PNG for a steal....

There is alot of talk about The Gladstone Project in Queensland...
Getting yourself positioned in companies set to benefit from this project is a good thing...
PNG LNG is similar...
get yourself companies set to benefit from this...
PNG LNG is massive, as big as they come...
MOS, and CUE are the leveraged companies...

Our JV partners in Kimu are Oil Search... Barikewa, OSH, STO...

PNG LNG major partners
Exxon Mobil
Oil Search
Santos
Nippon oil exploration
EDA oil...

And in time CUE will outperform all of them, because we are leveraged...

make sure you do some research...
Our Assets are not Phase one of the PNG LNG project...
they come through after that... but they come through...
because we have exceptional JV partners, wanting to develop the entire region in time...

CUE energy-> potential to have more cash in bank than the current market cap in three years...
developing current portfolio...
and a few free wells farned out here and there along the way...

Our PNG assets will take good time...
it will work out to be 100% return per year, give or take from here on in, over a 5-10 year period...
...we have a different set of risks (much lower)...
... we dont have the high risks of finding oil/gas...

there is a great chance that CUE will be one dollar per share in 5-10 years...

Buffet averaged 20% per for the long term...
at my 21.6c averaged Im still on track to outperform the man himself...
6 years ago I ramped up off 3k, and here I am..

thank you...
.^sc

MrDevine
20-05-2009, 06:04 PM
6 years ago I ramped up off 3k, and here I am..

How many k you got there now?

Mr D.

Crypto Crude
20-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Mr Devine...
Ive got around 20k...
and I got a 5k trip to China....

I dont have all my funds on the market...
I probably should buy more CUE... I wouldnt want phaedrus on my case... hehehehe... rule number one, never average down...
anyway, I have enough...
last year I sold out of AKK at 21c, sold out of LMP at 9-10c (AUS), sold out of CTP around 9-10c, sold out of WHN at 13.5c, sold CTPOA at 15c...and didnt use the funds to buy more CUE

cleaned out of everything in 2007 including NWE... and replaced it with CUE, then sold that when I realised it was going to take longer... then got back in during 2008 (during Momoho) when developement drilling was on the doorsteps, and then I had to wait 4 months further...
Of course I shouldnt have touched anything last year, but I tried to be cute, and got caught out when I loaded up on CUE....
I pretty much ran all my profitable positions back to breakeven/ or up
apart from CTP which only went down after I bought it...

oh well... Im sleeping well... I know im onto a good thing, and I can wait....
losing on opportunity cost plays has been a lesson, esp FAR at 2c, CVN at lows, and others... considering all thats happened around the World im happy to just make my money back, and then decide if I am going to hold CUE for the long term or not...
perhaps I will have a dabble elsewhere, but hold onto a few...
oh well...
see you round...
.^sc

Corporate
21-05-2009, 07:34 AM
Mr Devine...
Ive got around 20k...
and I got a 5k trip to China....

I dont have all my funds on the market...
I probably should buy more CUE... I wouldnt want phaedrus on my case... hehehehe... rule number one, never average down...
anyway, I have enough...
last year I sold out of AKK at 21c, sold out of LMP at 9-10c (AUS), sold out of CTP around 9-10c, sold out of WHN at 13.5c, sold CTPOA at 15c...and didnt use the funds to buy more CUE

cleaned out of everything in 2007 including NWE... and replaced it with CUE, then sold that when I realised it was going to take longer... then got back in during 2008 (during Momoho) when developement drilling was on the doorsteps, and then I had to wait 4 months further...
Of course I shouldnt have touched anything last year, but I tried to be cute, and got caught out when I loaded up on CUE....
I pretty much ran all my profitable positions back to breakeven/ or up
apart from CTP which only went down after I bought it...

oh well... Im sleeping well... I know im onto a good thing, and I can wait....
losing on opportunity cost plays has been a lesson, esp FAR at 2c, CVN at lows, and others... considering all thats happened around the World im happy to just make my money back, and then decide if I am going to hold CUE for the long term or not...
perhaps I will have a dabble elsewhere, but hold onto a few...
oh well...
see you round...
.^sc

SC any thoughts on the 56mboe mean estimate for Manaia? Higher than expected?

trackers
21-05-2009, 10:38 AM
Shrewdy come have a beer at L.S at bush inn on monday...

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?t=6264&page=3

Crypto Crude
21-05-2009, 11:53 AM
hey Corporate,
56 million barrels of oil in place is in line with previous expectations...
and out of that, 20 million barrels recoverable is in line with previous expectations... around one million barrels more to CUE energy...
this is what I previously said... and as I said in this quote below, drilled in a more optimal location, volumes could be higher...

Manaia (exciting appraisal well later this year), is described as under filled...
The reasoning behind this is Manaia is 6-7 km west of the natural oil migration fairway, where oil migrated South from the East Maui Kitchen gazillions of years ago...
so as the Trap at Manaia was developing many years ago, oil was diverted West filling some of the structure...
This is why Manaia is expected to increase oil reserves only 1 million barrels more to CUE, and 20 million barrels total more for the JV...
This is the most likely outcome in my view, but could be higher volumes when drilled in more optimal location, and flow tested...

The natural oil migration pathway is accross the tasmin ridge, which Manaia lies to the west...
The natural oil migration pathway passes straight through the Matariki prospect, and straight through the Maari Oil field...
.^sc

Financially dependant
22-05-2009, 09:05 PM
Today Horizon Oil came out and announced a sale of half its PNG assets for 55 Million US dollars... Benjamins mate...

This is important for us, because CUE have significant PNG assets...
what are our PNG assets then worth?

-Barikewa gas field (120 BCF)
-Kimu gas field (30 BCF)
-S E Gobe producing gas field (2.5 BCF)
-PPL 190 (bilip oil discovery, significant Cobra discovery (gas recovered), and condensate....

A while back,
I worked out that Kimu 30 BCF (2P) is equilivant to 5,467,468 million barrels of oil (BOE)... for our stake..
Barikweka 120 BCF 2P... 21,869,874 Barrels of oil (BOE)... our stake...
and S E Gobe, currently in production with 455,000 barrels of oil (BOE) to come...(2.5 BCF)...

I used the benchmark converson rate of one barrel equaling to 5487 CF...

So our PNG proven assets are BOE equilivant to 27.8 Million barrels of oil our stake... adding in PRL 190... and the fact that Cobra could open up eastern PNG...
I could argue that our PNG assets are worth more than 55 Million US dollars... in time, for sure....

Id say right now that our current market cap factors in close to Zero value from PNG...
hummm...
its either that, or other CUE assets are being discounted...

P3 Global Energy got 50% of HZN PNG for a steal....

There is alot of talk about The Gladstone Project in Queensland...
Getting yourself positioned in companies set to benefit from this project is a good thing...
PNG LNG is similar...
get yourself companies set to benefit from this...
PNG LNG is massive, as big as they come...
MOS, and CUE are the leveraged companies...

Our JV partners in Kimu are Oil Search... Barikewa, OSH, STO...

PNG LNG major partners
Exxon Mobil
Oil Search
Santos
Nippon oil exploration
EDA oil...

And in time CUE will outperform all of them, because we are leveraged...

make sure you do some research...
Our Assets are not Phase one of the PNG LNG project...
they come through after that... but they come through...
because we have exceptional JV partners, wanting to develop the entire region in time...

Our PNG assets will take good time...
it will work out to be 100% return per year, give or take from here on in, over a 5-10 year period...
...we have a different set of risks (much lower)...
... we dont have the high risks of finding oil/gas...

t
thank you...
.^sc

Interesting article, China wanting to feed it's LNG expansion

Sinopec in Talks to Buy LNG From Exxon PNG Venture

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20602099&sid=aMSJR9NePL9I&refer=energy

macduffy
25-05-2009, 02:57 PM
This report may have implications for CUE, given SPC's shareholding therein.

Singapore's Keppel sells SPC to Petrochina for $1 bln
Sun May 24, 2009 8:08am EDT

SINGAPORE, May 24 (Reuters) - Singapore's Keppel Corp (KPLM.SI) said on Sunday a wholly-owned unit had sold its entire stake in Singapore Petroleum Company (SPC) (SPCS.SI) to PetroChina for S$1.47 billion ($1.02 billion). (Reporting by Harry Suhartono, editing by Dan Lalor) ($1 = 1.442 Singapore dollars)

Financially dependant
25-05-2009, 03:24 PM
This report may have implications for CUE, given SPC's shareholding therein.

Singapore's Keppel sells SPC to Petrochina for $1 bln
Sun May 24, 2009 8:08am EDT

SINGAPORE, May 24 (Reuters) - Singapore's Keppel Corp (KPLM.SI) said on Sunday a wholly-owned unit had sold its entire stake in Singapore Petroleum Company (SPC) (SPCS.SI) to PetroChina for S$1.47 billion ($1.02 billion). (Reporting by Harry Suhartono, editing by Dan Lalor) ($1 = 1.442 Singapore dollars)

Thanks macduffy, It's coming think and fast today

http://www.news.com.au/business/story/0,27753,25533341-31037,00.html

bermuda
25-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Thanks macduffy, It's coming think and fast today

http://www.news.com.au/business/story/0,27753,25533341-31037,00.html

Macduffy/FD,
Saw that news about SPC earlier and now it has been on CNBC....along with NK's nuclear test. He is some guy that ILL KIM !! Am going to Seoul in a week!! Last time I went there in 1979 they were landing MIGS on the main Seoul highway...practicing for the NK invasion.

macduffy
25-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Here's a fuller report on the SPC sale.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/business/story/0,28124,25533883-643,00.html

Lego_Man
26-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Double top @ 15.5c anyone?

I'm getting a bit nervous about this market...

STRAT
26-05-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm getting a bit nervous about this market...You have reason to be Legoman. What will happen with the wider market is undetermined. Just be ready to jump off the train as soon as you can after it goes off the cliff. If it goes off the cliff that is.

trackers
29-05-2009, 08:17 PM
disclosure notice just before close on ASX: Richard Tweedie (Managing Directory of Todd Energy and Directory of CUE) has picked up 100k more shares in CUE

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=CUE&E=ASX&N=318657

tobo
30-05-2009, 11:00 AM
3 directors getting 110,000, 55,000 and 55,000 shares all on 14 May @15c.
Described as:
"On market trade pursuant to Directors Share Savings Plan"
This is described in the annual reort as:
"Shares purchased on market as an alternative to cash salary"

So this means that they are simply being remunerated as agreed and therefore the only significance to these purchases on market is to remid us that the directors have long-standing confidence in the LT outlook of the company (Which, of course is good to know).

Discl: Hold LT

trackers
02-06-2009, 07:55 AM
POO @ 68.5!!!

Seen some nice upwards movement from poo lately come through in stocks like TAP, ROC - Surprised how little CUE has moved lately, but thinking that investors are being cautious with the lack of news coming out surrounding Maari

Crypto Crude
02-06-2009, 11:04 PM
Ive had a few emails, and a couple of PM's...
I am still holding, its business as per usual...

I did sell a couple of CUE at 15c, and bought some WCUO at 13c...

A Maari update is majorly required...
The usual saying goes, no news is bad news... we are two weeks late, and counting...
I wont speculate, but im sure everything is ok...
We have Joint Venture partners capable of fixing anything with time...
If there is a problem, it wont impact flow rates materially, because it is to do with the water injectors as that is what the JV are working on now...

The Water Injection wells are used to help maintain pressure to get higher flow rates, and to push the oil towards the producing well... this results in higher recoverable reserves...
water injectors really start to come into effect further down the line when field reserves start to deplete, Maari is still full to spill point...
and flow rates to date have been impressive so any delay, is still inline with what was expected...

in 60 to 90 days we will have Manaia appraisal...
Oyong gas production, and free carry Spikey beach drilling...
25cents minimum later this year...
no debt and 50 million (plus) cash late next year...
too good too be true...

I will post when there is more info to post...
bye for now...
.^sc

Lego_Man
03-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Getting a bit antsy now...CUE gone nowhere despite big rise in POO.

What's keeping me in is director's topping up recently at 15c (cant be a bad sign).

Hoop
03-06-2009, 02:00 PM
Getting a bit antsy now...CUE gone nowhere despite big rise in POO.

What's keeping me in is director's topping up recently at 15c (cant be a bad sign).

Lego_Man ...Every time a Director buys in I can't help but think of Paul Anthony Byrnes the chief accountant at that time for DPC ...Dorchester Pacific Ltd.
He must have accumulated about 500,000 shares ranging from 82c down to 57c back in early 2008....At that stage the DPC price was in rapid decline from over $2 (as were most of the NZ Finance companies). However seeing the chief accountant jumping in would suggest that DPC was being unjustly pulled down by the general negativity surrounding the Finance markets at that time.

DPC is now trading at 7.5c.. ouch!!!

geezy
04-06-2009, 02:17 AM
CUE needs to announce how much they are making per barrel in the current market then only i m sure it will attract sufficient attention and sp should rise together with that.

disc hold abit of CUE

Bilo
04-06-2009, 09:48 AM
CUE needs to announce how much they are making per barrel in the current market then only i m sure it will attract sufficient attention and sp should rise together with that.

disc hold abit of CUE

If they follow the experience of the Tui consortium they won't say how much they are getting for some time. A "new crude" and price has to be established in a "competitive" environment.

upside_umop
10-06-2009, 11:06 PM
shrewdy buddy, do you know what gas prices will be achieved in indonesia re oyong?

or have any estimates been giving on revenues/opex per year?

ELYOB
11-06-2009, 05:36 AM
I sense Cue could have another big well on hand soon

Lego_Man
11-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Bah, trading halt relating to capital raising.

dartMonkey
11-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Great. I suspect this is what has been holding it back. Once it's over it's a clear run. I'm hoping to get more ...

trackers
11-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Not impressed personally - withdrawing my bid at 15c for more

STRAT
11-06-2009, 02:58 PM
15c. Wow, what an offer. Cue hasnt traded above 15c on a regular basis since last year and they want existing share holders to pay 15c for the privilege of diluting the company by 20%.
Are they taking the piss?

macduffy
11-06-2009, 03:22 PM
They probably figure that they will get as much as they need by Todds and Sing Pet taking up their entitlements. A decent shortfall will increase said major holders' overall interests.

;)

upside_umop
11-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Most companies that have raised cash have rocketed post spp.

There has been a bit of uncertainty around CUE's cash position...I thought they would have made it through! However, this is positive and the high price of the issue means there will be a lot of ramping coming up and the chance for maybe someone to take significant stake without raising the shareprice so much.

I've already got a few for my liking so I'll see how the price goes before I throw any more in!

dartMonkey
11-06-2009, 05:54 PM
Price hasn't dropped like I'd have hoped.
Maybe management aren't that silly.

macduffy
11-06-2009, 06:42 PM

There has been a bit of uncertainty around CUE's cash position...I thought they would have made it through! However, this is positive and the high price of the issue means there will be a lot of ramping coming up and the chance for maybe someone to take significant stake without raising the shareprice so much.

I've already got a few for my liking so I'll see how the price goes before I throw any more in!

Those that have rocketed have often been companies that have got into trouble through exchange rate movements impacting their borrowing covenants - NPX, TSE, OST, Bluescope, etc. A cash issue restores the position.

In CUE's case it looks like a good oldfashioned "small oil company needs a bit more working capital".
I don't expect it to have much impact on the SP. Some good results with the drill would!

;)

PS It's an entitlement offer, not an SPP, not that that makes a lot of difference to us small shareholders.

Oiler
11-06-2009, 07:13 PM

A SHREWD move UU :D A great opportunity to trade.

upside_umop
11-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Those that have rocketed have often been companies that have got into trouble through exchange rate movements impacting their borrowing covenants - NPX, TSE, OST, Bluescope, etc. A cash issue restores the position.

In CUE's case it looks like a good oldfashioned "small oil company needs a bit more working capital".
I don't expect it to have much impact on the SP. Some good results with the drill would!

;)

PS It's an entitlement offer, not an SPP, not that that makes a lot of difference to us small shareholders.

Considering they got a notice from the ASX regarding their viability of a going concern to meet their obligations, I'd say they have had a few 'doubters.'

The reason for the issue is not soley because its a small company that needs more working capital, its because Maari was over budget (run by a BIG company) and Maari didnt provide the cashflows as prior thought.

I still think this could run quite well...and it wont be dilutionary if everyone takes their share.

upside_umop
11-06-2009, 07:58 PM
A SHREWD move UU :D A great opportunity to trade.

You would expect a bit of ramping re management to give some confidence wouldnt you!

Interesting...

corporateraider
11-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Here's what the company told the ASX on 8/5/2009
"The company is of the view that it has sufficient funds at present to fund its ongoing activities."

This view seems widely disparate from the announcement 11/6/2009 that the company requires more funds.
Here's some of the options that I have considered for such divergent positions
1) The company secretary doesn't know which way is up
2) Both statements are versions of the truth
3) The "ongoing activities" referred to were weekly drinks and that the writer did have enough on hand to send out for fresh supplies while he was coherent enough to do so
4) That the writer imagined that he could respond in any fashion he felt like to the ASX and they would accept this. Many replies that I have read lend credence to that position
5) That the writer knew that he could respond in any fashion he felt like to the ASX and they would accept this. See 4

I hope others can shed light on what possibly might be happening here.

I am glad that others can see positives in this sorry mess. I just want out and am exploring whether I bought these shares on the basis of a misrepresentation. I shall be taking advice from Drillfix on this!

macduffy
11-06-2009, 08:41 PM
The answer's probably " All of 1 - 5 "!

Seriously, it wouldn't surprise if CUE would be happy to pick up Todd's money, plus a bit more from a few odds and sods.
I seem to recall this happening in the distant past - a nice, straightforward way of keeping CUE in funds and boosting Todd's stake at the same time.

;)

croesus
11-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Would expect a "white knight" to buy enough shares to get up to the 17c/18c level.. to induce us mushrooms to take up our rts..... we shall see..?

boysy
11-06-2009, 09:18 PM
does the company want ordinary shareholders to take up the rights that is the big question . Looks as though this move will further cement the top shareholders holdings in the company.

ELYOB
12-06-2009, 12:47 AM
Look at the forward game . Wortel is to be developed . MEO is about to farm out prime CUE ground . Spikey Beach worth 11c ??? NZ activity . Maybe a surprise in PNG as the patch is actually back in Bizz . HZN is worth watching . Go with the flow . Once the cash is in the bank , this will look worth a play to many . Who cares if some dont take up entitlement, the encouraged players will ...

Crypto Crude
13-06-2009, 04:55 PM
strat-15c. Wow, what an offer. Cue hasnt traded above 15c on a regular basis since last year and they want existing share holders to pay 15c for the privilege of diluting the company by 20%.
Are they taking the piss?

strat,
you and others must understand that at any stage of an offer/placement that it only matters what the discount is around the time of closing date (9th July in this case)... which gives a good few weeks before you need to start thinking of taking up the offer....

There is no way on Earth that CUE needs this placement, for Manaia, for Wortel gas development, or any other company development/activity...
CUE is cashflow positive...
and oil is $20 US higher since then...

So why did CUE make a placement?...
I'll take a guess...
CUE are lifting oil, but not selling it to market?... therefore holding an inventory of oil...
39,000 barrels lifted on April 18th...
around 100,000 by the end of this quarter (off current info)...
If CUE has been stockpiling barrels (to take advantage of higher oil prices), then that would be good as oil prices have consistantly risen since April offtake...

would CUE want money to expand?
possible...
But CUE have all the projects at various stages to achieve exponential growth now, next year, and so on for at least the next ten years...

who bloody knows... we are not told much...
I just know that this is the pantheon of small oil stocks...

yeah, some of the guys behind this company are ruthless operators...
but they are very capable oil and gas specialists... A very experienced board that has made some savvy decisions in the past picking up long term PNG assets for next to nothing (which will ride on the coat tails of PNG LNG)/stealing Maari for less than $2 per barrel/picking up NWS permits/ and generally going into partnerships with the big boys...

This is a big time producer with Oyong gas, and Wortel for the given market cap...
and everything else is completely free...
something like 45million barrels of oil 2p BOE all free (from CUE's undeveloped portfolio)...

AWE has 69 million barrels 2P...
CUE have 54 million (BOE) 2P...
billion cap vs million cap...

you are right ELYOB...
MEO is probably going to announce a farmin partner NWS in July...
giving us another future 1.5 TCF target free carry...

In 5 years Oil Search will be a $20 stock (minimum)...
PNG LNG...

good close to the week..
16cents...
humm...
a long long way to go for us to be trading at fair value...
im absolutely adament about this one...
upside, I will reply to that post soon...
.^sc

corporateraider
14-06-2009, 12:22 AM
[QUOTE=Shrewd Crude;260719]strat,

who bloody knows... we are not told much...
I just know that this is the pantheon of small oil stocks...

Absolutely right Shrewdie- we are not told much and yet the company has an obligation to continuous disclosure. I am inclined to refer this matter to the ASX particularly as recent anouncements have had a smell of bacon about them. But I also expect that such an action would be as effective as telling a duck to avoid the airways during May.

My worry about the company's seemingly apparent cavalier attitude to investors is that this might ultimately reflect in the poor performance of the share price. I guess we all remember Contact Energy director's disdainful attitude that cost them a large number of customers and a drop in the share price.

I am interested to know where you think the company may be storing the oil? They haven't stored it back down the hole have they?

Like you I have liked the Cue story for a very long time, but I am getting very frustrated that as we seem to be building towards the climax there are so many pages missing.

soulman
14-06-2009, 05:53 AM
Technically, I see CUE at about 20 cents in about 3 weeks time or even that in the next few days.

macduffy
14-06-2009, 09:15 AM
My worry about the company's seemingly apparent cavalier attitude to investors is that this might ultimately reflect in the poor performance of the share price. I guess we all remember Contact Energy director's disdainful attitude that cost them a large number of customers and a drop in the share price.

QUOTE.

I don't think we can draw comparison between Contact's experience and CUE's apparent attitude to investors.
In Contact's case, retail customers are vital to their success; CUE on the other hand will be judged by their success or otherwise with the drill.
I still have a strong suspicion that CUE aren't particularly concerned about a strong uptake from retail investors. Todds are the dominant force here and I assume that Singapore Petroleum will also want to maintain or increase their interest.

;)

STRAT
14-06-2009, 11:39 AM
Technically, I see CUE at about 20 cents in about 3 weeks time or even that in the next few days.I know there are a few holders getting restless but the chart doesnt look that bad. Im looking for a sustained close above 16c and this looks more possible than it has done has for a while. Not sure how you came up with 20 in 3 weeks Soulman but I would be happy with that.

( haha everytime I read your nic I hear James Brown in my head :eek::D )

ELYOB
14-06-2009, 08:34 PM
I think there is something going on and we are about to find out in the next two[2] weeks . Me thinks of a number of theories , but am certain it is expansionary . There was no need for this current Issue .........I am making a call ?

Disclosure : "large" holder of CUE longterm

JBmurc
16-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Wow glad I left my 16c sell order in place after buying in at 12.5c sold most just the other day might try using the ava. funds to buy back in at 14c

colinm_au
17-06-2009, 03:18 AM
Management are obviously not representing the interests of all shareholders ... or keeping the market informed

The flow of information from the company to investors has been appalling recently. What is the state of Maari drilling ? What production rates are being achieved ? Have reserves been upgraded as per HZN ?
One month we are told NO capital raising is required and the company has enough funding to meet it's financial obligations and the next that we need a major capital raising !!!

Why not offer the issue at a discount ?
Why a non-renounceable issue ?
What funds (beyond the current revolving credit facility) will be required for Wortel ?
Will a prospectus be issued to enable investors to make an informed decision about whether to take up the offer ?

This offer is likely to ONLY achieve the following:

Enable Todd and SPC to increase their grip on CUE's fantastic assets for next to nothing as retail investors have little incentive to take up the offer and as a result are diluted by 20%. The low price relative to recent issues means that Investors wishing to lower their cost base for Capital Gains Tax purposes (Aust) will keep pressure on the share price by selling enough shares to take up the offer.

I am a TOP20 shareholder (both directly and indirectly) and will be looking at lodging a complaint with both company management and ASX over several recent matters.

I urge all shareholders to take similiar action and to have a long memory and vote against the re-election of any of the current directors in the future.

Given the size of the issue I believe that shareholder approval should be required ... Enough is enough !!!

geezy
17-06-2009, 06:34 AM
sorry to ask this in a wrong thread but what is the capital gains tax rate in aus and how are we taxed?

cheers if any type of help is given !

btw go cue!

tricha
17-06-2009, 07:03 AM
[quote=colinm_au;261155]Management are obviously not representing the interests of all shareholders ... or keeping the market informed

quote]

WELL, not that I hold any today, but their web site is below average and without going into their reports, what is the share makeup ?
Actually this reminds me of PPP whereby thee shareholders have to go along for the ride, in the cupboard. Hee, hee.

I suppose just like the people of Iran :(
THE CUE BOARD AND MANAGEMENT TEAM

Richard G. Tweedie
Chairman
Mr Tweedie is the Managing Director of Todd Energy Limited of New Zealand. Todd Energy Limited is involved in oil and gas exploration and production (Maui and Kapuni fields), gas wholesaling and retailing, electricity generation and the sale of electricity. Todd is also a coal producer. Mr Tweedie holds a number of directorships and is a member of the New Zealand Business Roundtable. Mr Tweedie is a law graduate of the Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand.

Corporate
17-06-2009, 07:46 AM
Management are obviously not representing the interests of all shareholders ... or keeping the market informed

The flow of information from the company to investors has been appalling recently. What is the state of Maari drilling ? What production rates are being achieved ? Have reserves been upgraded as per HZN ?
One month we are told NO capital raising is required and the company has enough funding to meet it's financial obligations and the next that we need a major capital raising !!!

Why not offer the issue at a discount ?
Why a non-renounceable issue ?
What funds (beyond the current revolving credit facility) will be required for Wortel ?
Will a prospectus be issued to enable investors to make an informed decision about whether to take up the offer ?

This offer is likely to ONLY achieve the following:

Enable Todd and SPC to increase their grip on CUE's fantastic assets for next to nothing as retail investors have little incentive to take up the offer and as a result are diluted by 20%. The low price relative to recent issues means that Investors wishing to lower their cost base for Capital Gains Tax purposes (Aust) will keep pressure on the share price by selling enough shares to take up the offer.

I am a TOP20 shareholder (both directly and indirectly) and will be looking at lodging a complaint with both company management and ASX over several recent matters.

I urge all shareholders to take similiar action and to have a long memory and vote against the re-election of any of the current directors in the future.

Given the size of the issue I believe that shareholder approval should be required ... Enough is enough !!!

It does seem very BAD that we haven't heard anything about the progress with the water injection wells.

The capital raising is a kick in the face to shareholders - why say that there was no need for additional funding?

At least a raising at 15c should mean a base for the share price and that the shares go into long term hands instead of getting dumped on the market straight away.

macduffy
17-06-2009, 08:41 AM
CUE have a long history of:

- domination by its biggest shareholder.

- issues at market price.

- such issues being non-renounceable.

- less "investor friendly" than most similarly sized companies - OK that's just my perception.

But I've reckoned for some time that CUE doesn't particularly care whether or not minority shareholders subscribe to these issues. The only thing that's changed in the last year or so is that CUE now has two dominant shareholders with the arrival on the scene of Singapore Petroleum.

colinm_au
17-06-2009, 09:37 AM
sorry to ask this in a wrong thread but what is the capital gains tax rate in aus and how are we taxed?

CGT in Australia is at the investors marginal tax rate unless the shares have been held for more than 12 months in which case a 50% discount applies to the gain. note: this rate applies to individuals who are not classed as traders.

Different tax rates and discounts apply to companies, trusts etc. :)

macduffy
17-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Note that the timing of the new issue is going to be pretty tight, particularly for those of us relying on trans-Tasman mailings.
Entitlements aren't due to be despatched until 25 June. The issue closes on 9 July.
Not unusual for these issues to be "accelerated" but those taking up might want to investigate the BPay option if this is offered and you have the necessary electronic bank arrangements. I've used it a couple of times and it worked well.

STRAT
17-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Note that the timing of the new issue is going to be pretty tight, particularly for those of us relying on trans-Tasman mailings.
Entitlements aren't due to be despatched until 25 June. The issue closes on 9 July.
Not unusual for these issues to be "accelerated" but those taking up might want to investigate the BPay option if this is offered and you have the necessary electronic bank arrangements. I've used it a couple of times and it worked well.Why would anyone though Macduffy? You can buy em today for less

macduffy
17-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Why would anyone though Macduffy? You can buy em today for less

True, but anything can happen in the short intervening period.
Oh, and no brokerage on the issue , but that's a minor consideration.
I'll be waiting until the last minute if there's a BPay option offered.

;)

upside_umop
17-06-2009, 04:04 PM
I took the opportunity to buy some more today...opps!

Quite a lot of buyers creeping up at 14.5 and I'm thinking management will get the sp above 15 cents comfortably by closing date.

*Maari update will well rewarded...

*Manaia drilling coming up..

*Oyong gas coming online late next quarter (Septemberish)

*Wortel development starting after Oyong..due online next year.

A diversified revenue base isnt far away, this is cheap.

Phaedrus, is it possible for you to do a chart on CUE? I've noticed my data source I was using doesnt do 0.5 cent movements in the sp and therefore am getting a few false signals!

Crypto Crude
19-06-2009, 01:52 AM
upside umop-shrewdy buddy, do you know what gas prices will be achieved in indonesia re oyong?

or have any estimates been giving on revenues/opex per year?

Upside...
I have seen, and worked through various estimates re Oyong Gas, but im afraid nothing is offical... I dont even really know what gas sales contract prices are.... We can make general assumptions on revenues, and opex is harder again....
I have not personally sat down and worked through a spreadsheet, because I knew a long time back, that our revenue streams are going to be big... and all our costs will be taken care of...on the risks side of things, I generally felt that risks would fall back on our great 'big boy' partners, meaning that the market shouldnt need to discount the stock so freaking much on its production stage risk...

Oyong gas Will flow 5 times OEL's Turkey gas...
7.5 MMCF per day to CUE...
7,500,000cf/1000cf * $5=$37500 per day...
say one month per year of no production...
then $12.4 million per year, for the long term...
double that with Wortel...

existing production, and add in Maari (production costs around $25 Per barrel), and manaia... then we are sailing up to 25c on production stage activities alone...
and thats without PNG, Cash Maple...

I thought in todays presentation, that the projections of BOE/day from Barikewa, Cash Maple, was very conservative...

My only concern is if CUE shareholders do not take up the placement... We lose our rights to 15c shares, which could then be taken up by the Todd's... with them buying those shares how far down the line?

stock looks downside protected with a big buyer at 14.5 cents...
One of the most important announcements/updates from the Maari JV is due....This will take off if production rates, offtake, sales, water injectors, and timing of activities come in as was planned...
so much is need to be disclosed..

We need an announcement before the market will do anything either way...
Some have got cold feet... I thought the big delay in announcements could have been a small niggle with water injectors...
I will wait, because it is only time before OMV, Todds, fix a problem that this complicated industry could throw at them...

mate...
I still cant let go of how excited I am for this stock...
information is still the same...
it has not changed... but the share price halved...

info still telling me that this is worth 25c basement, 45c valuing some PNG and Cash Maple... and zero value added for Exploration targets, and some juicy appriasal targets with Maari upgrades to come.....

This company is Maari, and everything else is free...
I will quickly make one more reply...
.^sc

Crypto Crude
19-06-2009, 02:02 AM
corporateraider-
I am interested to know where you think the company may be storing the oil? They haven't stored it back down the hole have they?

what I said was only a theory...
I mean why else would CUE want to raise money they dont really need?
It is one of a few possible ideas...
CUE would not be physically storing oil, The Todds are selling it directly to East Coast Aussie Refineries...
It is not in CUEs nature to get into financial instruments eg Futures contracts, or hedging...
The settlement date of any oil sales would be in the contracts that the Todds have with those East Coast Refineries...
.^sc

colinm_au
19-06-2009, 03:42 AM
I received a call from Andrew Knox the CFO after lodging a complaint with the ASX ...

After making him aware of my frustration at several aspects of the rights issue and the companies poor record in keeping shareholders updated on the recent progress of projects ... I asked why the issue was needed just a month after the company had stated to the ASX it had no plans for an issue ...

"The company is performing very well"

"The oil & gas industry is a rapidly changing business ... with opportunities arising that may require funding"

From my conversation with Andrew I surmise that an opportunity has arisen ...
Given that Santos appears to be disposing of non LNG assets in PNG, It is easy to believe that CUE may have the (pre-emptive) opportunity to acquire the PDL3 interest of STO (15.92%) increasing their holding from 5.57% to 21.5%

Given the current low oil price this could be a nice time to increase CUE's holding in PDL3

STRAT
19-06-2009, 08:28 AM
I received a call from Andrew Knox the CFO after lodging a complaint with the ASX ...

After making him aware of my frustration at several aspects of the rights issue and the companies poor record in keeping shareholders updated on the recent progress of projects ... I asked why the issue was needed just a month after the company had stated to the ASX it had no plans for an issue ...

"The company is performing very well"

"The oil & gas industry is a rapidly changing business ... with opportunities arising that may require funding"

From my conversation with Andrew I surmise that an opportunity has arisen ...
Given that Santos appears to be disposing of non LNG assets in PNG, It is easy to believe that CUE may have the (pre-emptive) opportunity to acquire the PDL3 interest of STO (15.92%) increasing their holding from 5.57% to 21.5%

Given the current low oil price this could be a nice time to increase CUE's holding in PDL3Thanks for that Colin

colinm_au
19-06-2009, 01:29 PM
The response from the ASX to my query:

Cue Energy Resources Limited (the "Company") – Rights Issue

I refer to your correspondence with ASX's Customer Service in relation to the Company's recently announced rights issue.

In relation to your points of concern, I advise as follows.

1. Shareholder approval is not required for the Company to offer shares pro rata to all shareholders.
2. Without a formal underwriting agreement which is disclosed in offer documents sent to shareholders, related parties are prohibited from subscribing for any shortfall shares without prior shareholder approval.
3. According to the Company's announcement of the offer, it has availed itself of an ASIC Class Order which permits it to make offers under the rights issue without a prospectus. If you have concerns with the Company's compliance with the Corporations Act this should be taken up with the Australian Securities & Investments Commission.

Yours faithfully

Sent electronically without signature

James Gerraty

Manager Issuers, Melbourne

gazprom1
19-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Thanks Colin. Pro-active shareholders are invaluable to most companies. While I have benefited from some SPP's recently, I do not like them as typically big shareholders/ insto's have already been allocated millions of dollars worth of shares at discounted prices. Pro-rata to all shareholders with an underwriter able to pick up any shortfall is best practice or a shareholders meeting to approve a large issuance of shares!!!

colinm_au
19-06-2009, 02:01 PM
I made Andrew Knox (CUE's CFO) aware of my preference for renounceable rights issues because shareholders can at least sell the rights, rather than see their holding diluted if they cannot take up the offer.

I also felt the need to impress upon him that shareholders are the owners of the busines and deserve to be kept fully informed ... :)

Crypto Crude
19-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Colin-From my conversation with Andrew I surmise that an opportunity has arisen ...

Wicked...
in that permit we have 2.5BCF gas 2P...
if we did buy STOs stake, then our stake would increase to a tasty 9.65 BCF gas, plus current oil production...
Gas alone is worth around 30-40 million in revenue terms...
I have two words for you...
"fold Belt"...
Central field...

It is of my understanding that STO need funds to cover its PNG LNG capital reqduirements..., (STO recently made a placement)...
STO has a credit rating to protect, whereas Oil Search does not...
Meaning that Santos wont raise debt to put that rating at risk...
This will dilute shareholders, so STO as aswell as some of the other major PNG LNG partners are selling non core assets to get their cash commitments for PNG LNG off the ground...
Great news for CUE to pick up more PNG exposure...
OSH funding for PNG LNG is going to be a whopping 5 billion US dollars... plus another 4 billion for financing, operational costs...
OSH will not dilute their shareholders and will raise debt...
This is by far the most optimal outcome, leverage for the firm...
and not major dilution...
its going to take another 5-7 years for our assets to come through, worth more than twice the current market cap down the line......
When the market realises these proven gas assets then watch out...
it could take years though with production not until 2015...

Thanks Colin...
.^sc

Crypto Crude
19-06-2009, 04:39 PM
MEO is up a whopping 40% today?...
is it something to do with CUE's NWS assets...
its either that or a serious case of manipulation...
Colin,
Did you ask Knock Knox about Maari?
.^sc

colinm_au
19-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Hi SC !

Andrew was not forthcoming about Maari injector progress ...

Good to see that the closing date for the issue has been extended by a week
after my complaint about the short time timeframe as I will have to raise 300K !

:o

Corporate
20-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Hi SC !

Andrew was not forthcoming about Maari injector progress ...

Good to see that the closing date for the issue has been extended by a week
after my complaint about the short time timeframe as I will have to raise 300K !

:o

Now that is what I call a holding!!! Good work :-)

geezy
21-06-2009, 02:08 PM
CGT in Australia is at the investors marginal tax rate unless the shares have been held for more than 12 months in which case a 50% discount applies to the gain. note: this rate applies to individuals who are not classed as traders.

Different tax rates and discounts apply to companies, trusts etc. :)

Hi Colin, many thanks to your reply, what if i hold to circa 3-5 years, will i still be taxed?
NZ does not have a CGT on its share holdings for NZ companies and OZ companies(not including ones that have income coming from overseas)

Crypto Crude
21-06-2009, 02:08 PM
yep...
good to have colin onboard...
Read the June presentation from HZN...
heres a summary from the latest market info...

3 injector wells now drilled... two water injectors online pumping 26,000 barrels of water per day into the reservoir (moki)... the third awaiting hook up...
4th production well drilling horizontal section...
Flow rates are now 'severely hampered' with production well drilling... I did not foresee such large decline of production rate while drilling of the last two Production wells... I didnt think at this stage they would be this far ahead as water injector drilling stage should not have effected flow rates....
at 31st May 1.4 million barrels produced from Maari...
CUEs share so far is 70,000 Barrels of oil...
Manaia drilling early August...
and after that possible testing/development of other zones in main field...
(M2A) I would assume...
the steady grind of fundamentals...
.^sc

Huang Chung
21-06-2009, 07:03 PM
CUE - Pantheon of small oil stocks

From Wikipedia...."The generic term pantheon is now applied to a monument in which illustrious dead are buried."

Shrewdy.....I hope you're not referring to the CUE shareholders good buddy :cool:.

Crypto Crude
21-06-2009, 11:00 PM
A Pantheon is a Temple of Gods...
.^sc

croesus
22-06-2009, 08:56 AM
The Playboy Mansion is a Temple of Goddesses.

Disc Overweight, and hold lots of Cue also.

temptation
03-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Technically, I see CUE at about 20 cents in about 3 weeks time or even that in the next few days.

Well that hasn't happened, and the rights issue isn't looking very attractive with the market price currently at 14 cents.
I don't understand why management seem so indifferent to whether this capital raising is a success or not. They certainly aren't doing the shareholders any favours.

If they had attached an option to the new shares it would be a different story (say 1 option to buy at 25c in 2011 for each new share).

soulman
03-07-2009, 04:50 PM
No sir. A snoozer of an oil stock CUE. Require all the patient in the world.

Are you tempted though Temptation to plough your dough in CUE (commision free) at a discount.

20 cents might come if and only if, they strike some decent oil flow sometime soon.

JBmurc
03-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Well that hasn't happened, and the rights issue isn't looking very attractive with the market price currently at 14 cents.
I don't understand why management seem so indifferent to whether this capital raising is a success or not. They certainly aren't doing the shareholders any favours.

If they had attached an option to the new shares it would be a different story (say 1 option to buy at 25c in 2011 for each new share).

I didn't even think for one min I'd take up the rights in CUE esp@ 15c esp. when I had a PEN rights which were 10%-20% cheaper than SP at the time I paid for them ,also PEN gave out a free opt for ever 4 new shares at a real cheap ex of 3c -just under 50% of that rights offer was taken up ,can't see much of the CUE holders taking up the 15c rights might be lucky for 20% take up

temptation
04-07-2009, 09:35 AM
No sir. A snoozer of an oil stock CUE. Require all the patient in the world.

Are you tempted though Temptation to plough your dough in CUE (commision free) at a discount.

20 cents might come if and only if, they strike some decent oil flow sometime soon.

Well I do expect CUE to come good as their finances improve from Maari income and their other projects progress, but I'm not tempted to take up my rights at 15c whilst there are opportunities to buy on the market at 14 cents.

Am I tempted to buy on the market at 14 cents (yesterdays low)?
Yes, but I think there are more tempting stocks.

Lego_Man
08-07-2009, 03:38 PM
CUE holders seem to have done well with the SP holding up compared to other oilers. Rock solid support at 14c so far, although will be interesting to see if this holds over the next few weeks...

Bilo
10-07-2009, 04:52 PM
CUE holders seem to have done well with the SP holding up compared to other oilers. Rock solid support at 14c so far, although will be interesting to see if this holds over the next few weeks...

The SP does appear to have been held down at 15cps for the past three months. If you knew you were going to get as many shares as you wanted at 15cps then it would be logical to sell down. Possible unofficial underwrite?? By whom?? By someone/some investors wanting a bigger share?? My guess is that it will get better unless the POO tanks again.

Crypto Crude
11-07-2009, 12:26 PM
bilo-it would be logical to sell down

hey bilo...
it is illogical to sell down...

This is a short term buy...a medium term buy... a long term buy...

In the main field the upside to 50million barrels recoverable comes from the M2A formation... This zone is above the Moki Formation...
historical data dating back from research reports 6 years ago interpretted 12 million barrels recoverable in the M2A formation.... Maari-2 (2003), intersected a 25 meter oil bearing sand column in the M2A formation, with mobile oil of 17m....
yesterdays announcement calling M2A a production well is positive, data inferring 43 MMSTB in place quite possibly upgrading 12 million barrels recoverable for the JV making this economical, and therefore a production well, and not an appraisal well...

heres the Maari and Manaia schematic again...
Maui-4 is the Manaia prospect...
see in the left where the 1970 well was drilled...
and I am confident drilled updip that this will intersect economical producible oil and this will be tied into Maari facilities.....

ticking boxes off as the market waits on what we already know...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3156/2736725631_8b9215786a.jpg?v=0

too much potentail and value for me to sell...
yeah harrgghhhh...

to come in 2009...

M2A production well...
Manaia appraisal...
Oyong gas production...
quarterly reporting...
Spikey beach exploration well...
NWS MEO Artemis 9TCF farmout...
hopefully Matariki next year...
and all the rest...

ive been more patient than ever...
still holding 90% of my portfolio in CUE...
most undervalued oiler I had ever seen when i invested...it looks better now than it did then.....The largest 2P reserves/ Mcap in the entire oiler ASX market...

get some CUE....and pay for the kids education...

very strong management team...
poor PR, and ruthless operators that has rubbed off from the Todds....
bye for now...
.^sc

Bilo
13-07-2009, 12:15 PM
hey bilo...
it is illogical to sell down...

.^sc
Loved this contribution Shrewdy.
My point was that it is logical for someone to sell down if they new that CUE needed 20M in cash and as a large holder they didn't/couldn't find the cash (GFC - or have you forgotten, banks are reducing lending/not lending more). To ensure that the capital raising is successful it has been logical for them to sell down to 15cps rather than put in new cash/not take up their entitlement. IMO

trackers
13-07-2009, 02:51 PM
Turnover leaves a bit to be desired huh? $0 in 3 hours... Someone sell me some shares /yawn

Crypto Crude
13-07-2009, 03:09 PM
trackers-Turnover leaves a bit to be desired huh?

as does your game of pool...
hehehehehe...
stick to day trading mate....
.^sc

trackers
13-07-2009, 03:27 PM
as does your game of pool...
hehehehehe...
stick to day trading mate....
.^sc

Thats the last bloody time I let you win Shrewdy... Least I don't go out the backdoor by sinking the black when I'm about to lose :cool:

Just kidding.. I actually still hold some CUE from way, but am keen to top up... oh well, maybe another day.

And btw, I'm a short/medium term trader, I'm not a scalper! Cheeky bugger

lewinsky
13-07-2009, 04:40 PM
These guys are the worst at communication and keeping shareholders informed.
It is like holding shares in some secret society.
The SPP at 15cents was an interesting move and showed their generosity to long term holders.
Perhaps I should start a thread on Worst Companies on PR or keeping shareholders up to date. They would be very close to the top.
I just hope Shrewd Crudes wishlist for 2009 comes to fruition.

macduffy
13-07-2009, 05:06 PM
It surprises me to see the occasional comment about CUE's supposed lack of shareholder communications. It's not as if we don't know who the dominant shareholder is and that the company's been run this way for as long as anyone ( I'm guessing here ) can remember.

I've never thought that CUE particularly care whether or not small shareholders take up their issues. This is not the first time that they have had an issue at a very finely priced margin to market SP and I doubt that it will be the last. I've always taken the view that that's CUE, that's how it's run, if I want to tag along for the ride I will but if I don't like it at any point then I'll get out.

Crypto Crude
13-07-2009, 09:57 PM
hehehehehe trackers...
I was true to my word...
I said I wouldnt post anything had you won that last a game...
and you didnt win it... I lost it...
I sunk the black....
In my book, own goals dont count as a win for you...;)....

I cant remember if I explained Manaia before... so here goes...
A Geo poster on Hotcopper said in the 1970's oilers would sometimes drill on the edge of a structure in the hope of intersecting a fluid contact that would save the company the need for further appraisal wells...(getting lucky)...
... Shell hit the edge of the structure, (as in the graph in my recent post)... and up from the ground came bubbling crude...575 BOPD off memory... as Manaia was drilled on the edge of the structure its full potential left untapped until re-entry 35 years later... 2009.... commercialisation has only been made possible through discovery of the nearby Maari oil field...

The oil is there at Manaia, theres no doubt about that... with more oil contact, and higher flow rates, makes this a virtual producer even though its still classified as an appraisal target...

Manaia is less than one month away...
saddle up...
real fundamentals (value investing), has done nothing for CUE (yet)...
backup plan, manaia and now M2A thrown into the mixture while protecting downside risk as this is undervalued beyond belief.....
its all there... you know the story... blah blah blah and up from the ground came more bubbling crude....

54 million barrels of oil 2P BOE, and 90 million market cap...
where on planet Earth can you buy barrels of oil, (BOE) for less than $2?
CUE energy...
the only thing comparable down the line will be CSG...
After CUE this is where im headed...;)

Kiwiwim,
I have been trying to contact you as I said I would at the st meeting...
ST wont allow me to open up the link to your page...
please email me on msf20@student.canterbury.ac.nz, or call Kees...
.^sc

digger
14-07-2009, 09:28 AM
Before i bought into NZO and PPP i used to own CUE.That was about 6 years ago and made a profit on sell out. Other oilers just looked better then. So cue has been watched out of the corner of my eye for some years. Now believe things are changing in CUE favor and especially so with this sudden Cash issue and production looking like it will have a long future.Income streams change everything and the time to be in is before the market as a hole come to realise this. Yesterday i picked up one hundred and fifty thousand as a teaser.
Shrewd Crude your posts have been very helpful and i have followed them during this last year.Your comments about CUE being undervalued hopefully will turn out to be right. Actually i wonder what NZO's cash pile thinks of this developments so close to TUI as the crow flies. It is hard not to suspect these oil deposits are not linked up or at least have a common source rock..

Phaedrus
14-07-2009, 11:05 AM
The attached chart gives an overview of this volatile stock and provides an interesting study of the relationship between Support and Resistance. It's a bit cluttered, but should be self-explanatory.

It is interesting to note that while CUE has risen 40% in 4 months, this has been on lowish volumes and the flat OBV tells us that this stock is being neither accumulated nor distributed. In other words, this gain has been made by the little guys. Makes a nice change eh?

http://h1.ripway.com/78963/CUE714.gif

JBmurc
17-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Good to see CUE finally break from the 14-15 trading range of late only wish I got some more sub 15c

ELYOB
17-07-2009, 11:03 PM
This will remain weird until next weeks announcement . Then we will see a bit more of the game being played . Some criticism of their projects being spread all over the place , but as time goes by these projects get bigger through development . Will look much better Sept09 quarterly.

I am a large holder ; and didn't take up the issue ....wait and see ????

Crypto Crude
18-07-2009, 07:20 AM
hey ELYOB...
interesting post...
we have much to talk about in terms of the MEO NWS connection 15% 12PLUS tcf free carried...
I have plenty of info...

anyway....
I would expect CUE to continue its run up as the market starts to factor in a higher chance of success with Manaia... the market has discounted everything with this company so anything from here is upside, blue sky...
Oyong production worth a 5 cent run alone...
manaia could be 5 cents as it unlocks other value, or realisation of value that was already there;)... M2A building on existing reserves...
anyway, there is only one other thing that is as exciting as this...
and it is called Coal Seam Gas...
I was talking to a friend the other day and he said Queensland Coal seam gas reserves will be equilivant to 20 billion barrels of oil... I repied "Ï know"... BUL has 3.5 of them...
then he said This is bigger than Texas, and I said Texas produces one million barrels of oil per day...
then he said, "Ï know"...
guess what happens next?
.^sc

STRAT
21-07-2009, 12:24 AM
Good to see CUE finally break from the 14-15 trading range of late only wish I got some more sub 15cEven better JB. It closed today at 16.5c after breaking through the Titanium ceiling at 16c. Be geat if it holds tomorrow or even better bounces off the 16c line.

Knowing CUE though, its just as likely to fall back down the hole it came through :rolleyes: so Ive sent a bloke in to plug the hole before open tomorrow ;):D

STRAT
21-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Ive sent a bloke in to plug the hole before open tomorrow ;):DWOW 17c. Havent seen that for a while. Guess that plaster patch is holding :D

Crypto Crude
21-07-2009, 01:14 PM
Strat,
yep CUE is a wounded soldier... and its surprising to me because CUE never went to war...:confused:....
Im now totally convinced that markets are inefficient, or at least sometimes inefficient.... that they are based more on a voting type system rather than value fully realised in the market capitalisation...its as if its a mechanism where predicting the flow of investors is more important than finding value (which is what ive only ever tried to do)...... inefficient markets are evident with CUE.....

its not embarrassing to be on the losing side of a position...
its very embarrassing to have such great activities/fundamentals that are being totally ignored...

the current market value of CUE is Maari,
and all this is for free...

Spikey Beach,
Artemis (check out MEO sp)...lol...
oyong gas,
current diversified productions...
Manaia, M2A
Wortel Gas...
Giant 2P PNG assets on the back of PNG LNG...Kimu, Barikewa...
significant Cobra discovery...
NWS permits in a growing region for growth...
Cash Maple gas field 120 BCF 2P...
54 million barrels 2P BOE...
very exciting Matariki prospect 2010?...

for peats sake...
inefficient markets...;)... value incorporated...:confused:
When will the market value these significant activities into the market cap?
who knows...!

17c we have a start.... CUE is worth 40cents right now...
.^sc

STRAT
21-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Strat,
yep CUE is a wounded soldier... and its surprising to me because CUE never went to war...:confused:....
Im now totally convinced that markets are inefficient,

who knows...!

.^sc Well Shrewdy I dunno about how efficient the markets are but it seems clear to me fundamental value perceived or otherwise is only one of many factors that drive price at one time or another.

These ones seem of high importance to me

Fundamental Value as perceived by Fundamental Traders and Investors often get the ball rolling but the whole picture is never there to be seen

TA Investors and Traders tend to perpetuate movement in any direction.

The global economic climate and conditions move the markets

There are always people moving stock prices who know more than retail traders and investors

There will always be people who manipulate stock prices, commodity prices and global markets

The whole thing is a game for the very very rich and best we grab onto a few coat tails along the way as best we can

17c is a good start and if it holds is a very good sign TA wize

CUE has been doin OK since March as we can see on Phaedrus' chart.

macduffy
21-07-2009, 02:23 PM
There will always be people who manipulate stock prices, commodity prices and global markets
QUOTE.

And that's why we have to take notice of TA, ie charts.

;)

JBmurc
21-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Strat,
Im now totally convinced that markets are inefficient, or at least sometimes inefficient.... that they are based more on a voting type system rather than value fully realised in the market capitalisation...its as if its a mechanism where predicting the flow of investors is more important than finding value (which is what ive only ever tried to do)...... inefficient markets are evident with CUE.....

its not embarrassing to be on the losing side of a position...
its very embarrassing to have such great activities/fundamentals that are being totally ignored...

the current market value of CUE is Maari,
and all this is for free...

Spikey Beach,
Artemis (check out MEO sp)...lol...
oyong gas,
current diversified productions...
Manaia, M2A
Wortel Gas...
Giant 2P PNG assets on the back of PNG LNG...Kimu, Barikewa...
significant Cobra discovery...
NWS permits in a growing region for growth...
Cash Maple gas field 120 BCF 2P...
54 million barrels 2P BOE...
very exciting Matariki prospect 2010?...

for peats sake...
inefficient markets...;)... value incorporated...:confused:
When will the market value these significant activities into the market cap?
who knows...!

.^sc

My short term targets 27c I'll be happy to sell at this level

STRAT
21-07-2009, 08:02 PM
My short term targets 27c I'll be happy to sell at this levelNot today then :(

by the way I have sacked that little man I hired to plaster up that hole :mad:

soulman
21-07-2009, 08:17 PM
Even better JB. It closed today at 16.5c after breaking through the Titanium ceiling at 16c. Be geat if it holds tomorrow or even better bounces off the 16c line.

Knowing CUE though, its just as likely to fall back down the hole it came through :rolleyes: so Ive sent a bloke in to plug the hole before open tomorrow ;):D

Indeed it has STRAT. I didn't take the entitlement either but will be selling at these level. There just seem to be no breakout for CUE ATM. If it touches 18 cents today, then we might have some momentum. Just look at MEO. I bought MEO last week at the highest point - 27 cents (in hindsight now) and sold them yesterday for B/E. Now it has break that highest point to create another peak. I have absolutely much to learn from the sharemarket even with a bit of experience.

From a personal perspective, I thought the market was overbought and are due for a fall, but with all great results from offshore and great economic news here and there, this isn't the case.

I sold about 7 stocks too early and more gain to be had if I sold them today....FMS, SEV, WAN, KZL, MEO, BPT, ESG. Got to be a real trader like AA and alike. Show no emotion because missing further gains is just part and parcel of trading.

B4 you know it, when I do sell CUE, then CUE is bound to go for a trot. Fingers cross for you holders.

soulman
23-07-2009, 04:56 PM
I have sold CUE at 16.5 and here we are. I have no doubt after I sold that CUE will be going berserk to 20.

Crypto Crude
23-07-2009, 05:14 PM
thats a pity soulman...
now 17c...
good luck to you...
for all you others, just hold on for one more month...
I believe you will be well rewarded with Manaia, this is an appraisal target of exceptional quality as I have explained...
I very rarely make pre well predictions... Im looking at a very high chance of success...
left field potential ann from MEO/CUE NWS Artemis, looking for fully funded farmin partner....MEO going ballastic... CUE trending up on a smaller gradient...
and the quarterly...
and realisation of value...

I doubt any of the chartists are tipping selling now...
CUE is up well over the last two months, and this has barely got going...
90% all in...
.^sc

Crypto Crude
23-07-2009, 05:16 PM
buyers 17c sellers 17.5c...

buy and hold...
.^sc

JBmurc
23-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Yeah CUE looking real good, damn IRD still haven't paid me my 08 tax loss rebate would have got me another 120,000 cues going have to pay up for them now

I read somewhere today how NWS Artemis could be worth 90cps to CUE even if he's only half right CUE could well surprise us all think I put my selling target upwards of 27c now

STRAT
23-07-2009, 05:22 PM
B4 you know it, when I do sell CUE, then CUE is bound to go for a trot. Fingers cross for you holders.I see you are good to your word Soulman.

Looks to be a breakout :eek:

upside_umop
23-07-2009, 05:22 PM
yeah looking good...

shrewdy, did you see the presentation of meo's...total hype/ramp but some of it is flowing through to cue and we could see it be sustainable with manaia/oyong coming quickly.

meo was talking of ~$800 million for artemis at 20% stake or $2 for meo share. so it looks like they want around 20%...

transferring that to cue...15%, we get around 98 cents per share.

this hype could transfer quite nicely over next few days.

volume has also been good in last hour or so.

STRAT
23-07-2009, 05:30 PM
volume has also been good in last hour or so.Better than that Ooooomop, Highest day volume in the last 21 months

Lego_Man
23-07-2009, 06:26 PM
My god...20% daily move?!!

Shrewd must be out on the piss already...

trackers
23-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Well done Shrewdy, patience rewarded!!! Good on you for sticking to your guns.

I'm gutted personally, I've been hunting around the 15.5c mark for some more for about a week but haven't picked up any extra...Typical me being stingy.

Oh well, the small parcel that I do hold is almost in double bagger territory

JBmurc
23-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Can't wait for tomorrow CUE was so flat upto mid today it's like MEO traders got a wiff of the safer cheaper investment in CUE so they all jumped over to get a piece.

21c+ tomorrow:)

Financially dependant
23-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Can't wait for tomorrow CUE was so flat upto mid today it's like MEO traders got a wiff of the safer cheaper investment in CUE so they all jumped over to get a piece.

21c+ tomorrow:)

Wow indeed JBM......Makes my portfolio look a lot better.....I was counting the sell side yesterday thinking there was a bit of time needed to chew through it....looks like the MEO punters helped out a bit...:D
4.3 million traded in one day....didn't see that coming!

digger
23-07-2009, 08:14 PM
I have sold CUE at 16.5 and here we are. I have no doubt after I sold that CUE will be going berserk to 20.
Thanks soulman you may well have sold to me. Picked up another 100 thousand the last two days and now have 1/4 million at 15 cents average.Started with nil holding two weeks ago. This recent cash issue and the developing situation with cue just looks too good to not be part of,yet with no access to the cash issue i still got them at the issue price.

As arrogant as it may sound i think if some of you trader/investers need to have a closer look at your buy/sell policy.Roughtly i see three investing plans dominating here on sharetrader. The least likely to make money is follow the crowd and hope the gang is right.Here we have someone saying i will not take up my rights and this can support a movement to not get involved in the cash issue as someone else thinks it is not a money earner.It was great for me but dumb for them.
A big step up from this to be a chartest. Buy and sell or hold as the chart says.This works well but as the richest man in the world [Warran Buffett] says it is not the biggest winner.
Value investing / focus investing / fundemental investing is the way to go. Buy good stock and hold for the long term. Remember here that even if a chartest should equal a long term holder the tax difference will make the Buffett route the winner.
I said this was arrogant and it is,but sorry kids but i got the candies.

STRAT
23-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Thanks soulman you may well have sold to me. Picked up another 100 thousand the last two days and now have 1/4 million at 15 cents average.Started with nil holding two weeks ago. This recent cash issue and the developing situation with cue just looks too good to not be part of,yet with no access to the cash issue i still got them at the issue price.

As arrogant as it may sound i think if some of you trader/investers need to have a closer look at your buy/sell policy.Roughtly i see three investing plans dominating here on sharetrader. The least likely to make money is follow the crowd and hope the gang is right.Here we have someone saying i will not take up my rights and this can support a movement to not get involved in the cash issue as someone else thinks it is not a money earner.It was great for me but dumb for them.
A big step up from this to be a chartest. Buy and sell or hold as the chart says.This works well but as the richest man in the world [Warran Buffett] says it is not the biggest winner.
Value investing / focus investing / fundemental investing is the way to go. Buy good stock and hold for the long term. Remember here that even if a chartest should equal a long term holder the tax difference will make the Buffett route the winner.
I said this was arrogant and it is,but sorry kids but i got the candies. Hi Digger,
Was that me? I think it was more in tune with why would one take up the offer when one can get em cheaper on market as apposed to I wont be taking up the offer.

Anyway with respect and I mean that sincerely there is only one Buffet, more than one way to skin a cat and above all one should adopt a method that best suits their skill set. Personally I would make one lousy value investor but I paid less than 15c for my CUE :D
It does inspire confidence though. knowing you are long on CUE

JBmurc
23-07-2009, 09:32 PM

I said this was arrogant and it is,but sorry kids but i got the candies.

well personal I find I can over trade a share(cause I can as a tax paying trader)
I got it pretty right with CUE Brought 12.5c sold half 16c brought back in 13.5c only wish I took my holding to 200k like I was planning on sadly IRD & me sell order on a few STX didn't happen before the large rise today still I might just pay up to get to 150,000 cue need 17k more

Crypto Crude
24-07-2009, 01:06 AM
strat,
trust me on this one... dont sell yet...
I have not been jumping up and down on the CUE thread for the last year for nothing....sc->;)
This is going to happen in two stages... and stage two is when long term developments kick in shoring up those 50million 2P reserves...
anyway, enough of that....

Im not saying wait for the long term... just wait on Manaia, and then Oyong Gas will kick 1000 BOPDE in about 40 days I believe...with Manaia results, M2A spudding, Spikey somewhere there...Maari flow rates, and a heap of realisation of CUE's true worth...
then this should only go one way...
30 cents for starters....
60 more days to feed through all the events about to start happening......
buy, and hold...
oh well... its getting late...
time to go to bed...
.^sc

geezy
24-07-2009, 05:06 AM
i exited at .15 cents and now its .19!!!

so sad :(

Still more legs to go in this little train you reckon?

soulman
24-07-2009, 07:46 AM
I am thinking CUE opening strong tomorrow and hit 21 before retreating. Surely the premium cannot be that high to the recent issue and you would think profit taker would move in.

I am having bad timing the past few weeks but thems the breaks when the market goes up 8 in a row.

I sold MEO on Monday for a song, SEV and WAN for pennies, KZL, ESG cheap and even BPT.

And now this CUE. I just need better trading plan or maybe the market is just too hot at the minute.

JBmurc
24-07-2009, 08:49 AM
I am thinking CUE opening strong tomorrow and hit 21 before retreating. Surely the premium cannot be that high to the recent issue and you would think profit taker would move in.

I am having bad timing the past few weeks but thems the breaks when the market goes up 8 in a row.

I sold MEO on Monday for a song, SEV and WAN for pennies, KZL, ESG cheap and even BPT.

And now this CUE. I just need better trading plan or maybe the market is just too hot at the minute.

Personal I'm a big fan of selling only half or less of a share when it's running hard as there's usually a reason why a share rises so fast fundamental study can soon tell you if it's gone over board IMHO if i held MEO I would sell a large amount to invest into the safe better fundamentals that CUE has ..
Or even purchase some unloved AZZ,PSA for a longer term play

STRAT
24-07-2009, 09:52 AM
strat,
trust me on this one... dont sell yet...

.^scAre you kidding Shrewdy? Im not selling and if I wasnt already holding I would sure be thinkin about buying. There have been a few buy signals over the last week or so and yesterdays action confirmed those signals for me.

STRAT
24-07-2009, 12:19 PM
by the way I have sacked that little man I hired to plaster up that hole :mad:The little man in the last chart is suing me for wrongful dismissal.:D

shasta
24-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Careful Strat - The little voices in your head could be the next to file charges ;) :D

...& not for the first time :D

CUE up 2c to 21c already, whole sector looking green

STRAT
24-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Careful Strat - The little voices in your head could be the next to file charges ;) :DYou guys can call em little voices. I prefer to think of em as creative inspiration :D but if I ever show signs of going off and starting a cult or a new religion for any other reason other than financial gain please come by and shoot me where I stand. Being of US origin Yankiwi Im sure you have a gun tucked away somewhere. :p

geezy
24-07-2009, 01:45 PM
nice one strat, having a good run on cue?

I just re-entered (at a much higher price :() hopefully we all can get cue to go where we want her to be!

happy hunting guys!

STRAT
24-07-2009, 02:28 PM
nice one strat, having a good run on cue?

I just re-entered (at a much higher price :() hopefully we all can get cue to go where we want her to be!

happy hunting guys!Hi Geezy. Ive been waiting for this one to get going for a while as have quite a few others. There are plenty of sellers today but its nice to see it in the blue. Its unfortunate your exit was most untimely and I hope your re entry isnt also untimely. It was also perhaps avoidable.
Having accepted the mistake (and I have and still do make plenty) I would try to learn from it. I also would have waited a little while before re-entry.
My reasoning would be not to buy into a spike and that I believe the 8 up days in a row we have just had in the markets is unsustainable. I would have looked to re enter on a down day in world markets, oil or both. I reckon with all the fundies on this one sooner or later it will come right for you though.

What made you decide to sell?

trackers
24-07-2009, 03:11 PM
I've topped up - Higher price than I would have liked but I don't think this one will follow the markets (hasn't done so anytime of late), and I'd be kicking myself even harder when it really does start to fly.

Looking forward to the quarterly next week

soulman
24-07-2009, 03:54 PM
No one traded CUE for nearly an hour.

I pulled my 19 cents bid mid afternoon just before it hit. Would have got it because I am at near the top of the cue (pardon the pun). So maybe next week, it might go 23 cents. I envision CUE going to 20 cents 6 weeks ago and still sell outrageously cheap. What a dumbass I am.

digger
24-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Cue is trading in a time honoured pattern where deep pockets jumps in then pulls back.Deep pockets will reentry sometime next week with a high level of confidence.In the mean time if you want any more top up now at 19 cents.
A lot is about to happen to this stock. NZO with TUI had extraordinary good luck that the high production coincided with high POO. For Cue it was the opposite and this depressed the stock as expences kept right on coming. This run of bad luck has hurt but is about to change and with this depression keeping the price down is what made me get on board.The train is just slowly inching forward and still plenty of time to get on board.

STRAT
24-07-2009, 05:07 PM
I sure do have a gun tucked away Strat.... But I seem to be out of ammo... Ever since the string broke and I haven't been able to find an replacement imperial sized cork anywhere :rolleyes:I know what you mean. I blame the makers of those damn uncool screw top wine bottles

macduffy
24-07-2009, 05:58 PM
I know what you mean. I blame the makers of those damn uncool screw top wine bottles

Uncool they may be, but at least they're a lot easier to handle with ageing fingers - and the wine appears consistently non-corked!

PS. Currently enjoying a glass of Nautilus Pinot Gris. My rating - Excellent!

;)

STRAT
24-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Uncool they may be, but at least they're a lot easier to handle with ageing fingers - and the wine appears consistently non-corked!

PS. Currently enjoying a glass of Nautilus Pinot Gris. My rating - Excellent!

;)Its all true Macduffy but what would you rather drive? A Morgan or a Mazda MX5? ;)

Oiler
24-07-2009, 07:27 PM
I've topped up - Higher price than I would have liked but I don't think this one will follow the markets (hasn't done so anytime of late), and I'd be kicking myself even harder when it really does start to fly.

Looking forward to the quarterly next week

I also topped up today Trackers.;)

Put an order in at 19.5 at 6 am this morning, checked in at lunch time and saw 22c and thought sh.. do I go for "market" or do I hang and see what happens. The rest is history.... my order was filled this afternoon at 19.5.

Happy to hold for the med to long term. Go Manaia

geezy
24-07-2009, 10:59 PM
I know what you mean. I blame the makers of those damn uncool screw top wine bottles

A very silly reason to be honest, CUE was the smallest holding in my portfolio and i have accumulating stocks since march this year. Hadnt had any selling action so i decided to sell cue (which had the least movements, bought at 12) for some action..

and wa lah, big action right after i hit the sell button!

ps: also due to the fact that not many ppl took up the offer.

STRAT
25-07-2009, 02:16 AM
A very silly reason to be honest, CUE was the smallest holding in my portfolio and i have accumulating stocks since march this year. Hadnt had any selling action so i decided to sell cue (which had the least movements, bought at 12) for some action..

and wa lah, big action right after i hit the sell button!

ps: also due to the fact that not many ppl took up the offer.Well Geezy If you bought in at 12c it shouldnt hurt too much buying em back a couple of cents above your sell price if thats what you decide to do and if you have been buying stocks since March you must be doing pretty well by all accounts. That was nice timing ;)

Crypto Crude
25-07-2009, 06:11 AM
This has been a big week for me...
I came in this morning and thought I would spend some time reflecting on CUE and re-read a heap of the thread...
Im trying to figure out why it all went so wrong, so it wont happen again when I make large positions.......
and Im still freakin confused, even with the market crash....
This has turned to be the fairy tale dream I talked about, even though im now only getting my money back...

2008 the year I lost virtually half my wealth, 2009 the year I made it all back...

As I write these posts I continue to wonder why on Earth CUE remains/ed so undervalued...
for example
HZN sold half its PNG assets for 55M US dollars...And I reckon CUE's PNG assets are worth more...
Its as if the market is looking at CUE's PNG assets as some sort of liability to the company...completely being overlooked...
and that is only one aspect of CUE... what about Spikey Beach free carry... blah blah blah... I could go on...

The Research I did on CUE was meant to give me a edge that was suppost to protect the risks of a mightly fall of the SP...
looking back, that edge I had was ignored by the market when total chaos encaptured us all on those dark dark days......
hundred point falls on the DOW for two weeks... 500point falls...
yeah I been there...and guess what... I smiled at it......
you see all the traders on the floor pulling their hair out...
well, I was happy....

anyway, we are on the right track...up 95% this year....

I wanted to repost two things I said back in the CUE thread...

"I consider myself rampant, I will look back and realise I was not rampant enough"...
that one made me laugh...

and I said this to FD....
"my Lazy boy is set in a fixed position... Horizontal mate..."

I am in a yearly competition with Mackdunk and this year I picked
CUE, HZN, and NZO .... he picked PPP, cash at bank, and oil....
I only picked HZN because of Manaia...Last year I had been abit worried about HZN's debt....
so time is near for this comp as it reaches its climax on these results...
MD is a tough competitor... im looking at Manaia to finish him off...
that would be two years in a row... eah mackdunk e pooh....:D
.^sc

CAM
26-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Shrewd,

I think your experiance may reflect what Buffett said....
something along the lines of the sharemarket being a weighing machine...
shifting wealth from the impatient to the patient.... or something like that.

He does his research, takes a stake.......look at his results!

You did your research, took your stake....patience required.

Not sure if you actually did anything wrong. per se....maybe the pay back is just not quick enough for you.

One thing that might have helped was a stop loss...might have got you out then you could have been back in around 11c.

Good luck.

ELYOB
27-07-2009, 01:26 AM
In hindsight , no one had any idea of the depth of GFC . CUE held up well for along time . It is the past , we live with the present . On the way back now .

There was no logic in applying stop losses as a strategy on the way down ..... but we can do it on the way up ????

STRAT
27-07-2009, 06:33 AM
In hindsight , no one had any idea of the depth of GFC . CUE held up well for along time . It is the past , we live with the present . On the way back now .

There was no logic in applying stop losses as a strategy on the way down ..... but we can do it on the way up ????Hi Elyob,
Its true nobody ( in retail at least ) could have predicted the depth of the GFC but I cant think of a better example to show stop losses are not only logical but absolutely essential regardless of fundamentals

geezy
28-07-2009, 01:26 AM
Well Geezy If you bought in at 12c it shouldnt hurt too much buying em back a couple of cents above your sell price if thats what you decide to do and if you have been buying stocks since March you must be doing pretty well by all accounts. That was nice timing ;)

heya strat, timing was certainly ok. but unfortunately, always "could be more" issue :) however, still happy with some my holdings.

unhappy with my investment in citibank tho :(

STRAT
28-07-2009, 11:35 AM
unhappy with my investment in citibank tho :(Hi Geezy,
Nobody wins em all:D. Nobody.

Must say I was a bit disappointed with CUE yesterday. I was hoping it would run but sell pressure was to great.

p2r
28-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Nothing earth shattering in the update but still on the edge of greater things.

If the price of oil and gas continues up then every delay is good. Who cares if shipments carry over a bit, or more on line next month if in the meantime oil goes from $30 to $70 - has to be good.

Thinking of adding to my 120 000 especially if the $NZ will drop.

COLIN
28-07-2009, 10:21 PM
I have been seriously considering switching some of my relatively largish holding of NZO into CUE. Have skimmed through the last few pages of this thread and found it strange that no-one seems to have commented on the fact that the Todd family increased their holding, from 25% to 27%, on 23 July. (That, of course, could be the "kiss of death", given what has happened to PVO in which the Todds - NZ's richest family -hold a major stake!)
Accepting that CUE is not going to prove to be anything like the PVO dud, how many of you Oil Gurus out there would consider it a wise move to move some funds from NZO to CUE?

digger
28-07-2009, 11:29 PM
I have been seriously considering switching some of my relatively largish holding of NZO into CUE. Have skimmed through the last few pages of this thread and found it strange that no-one seems to have commented on the fact that the Todd family increased their holding, from 25% to 27%, on 23 July. (That, of course, could be the "kiss of death", given what has happened to PVO in which the Todds - NZ's richest family -hold a major stake!)
Accepting that CUE is not going to prove to be anything like the PVO dud, how many of you Oil Gurus out there would consider it a wise move to move some funds from NZO to CUE?

Colin i bought 1/4 million shares on the strength that i felt there was about 100% confidence that Todd would use[maybe more like created]the cash issue to increase his percentage holding in CUE. You have a quick cash issue that the small fry does not have time to organise then grab your share. This increases TODD holding as lots of small holders do not take up. I even considered that the big boys just might sell a few from some unrleated holding to depress the price.
NZO is in a holding pattern at the moment but will soon burst into life.Also i would not put a small fraction of the trust into TODD as i have for the NZO boys.Todd did not get the richest famile by having concerns for others.Again think of how long you knew about the recent cash issue compared to how long Todd knew about it.
Still if you have any spare cash CUE it is very likely to fly in about a month or two when the cash issue is comfortably behind it. Certainly would not look good to have TODD increase from 25% to 27% then the following week news come out that they clearly knew about at the announcement date of the cash issue. Maybe a month at least then we will know why TODD wanted to increase his percentage holding.
Oh by the way the other two i do not exactally trust is Sir Bob Jones and the Fay Richwhite fellows ---more SIRS

macduffy
29-07-2009, 09:03 AM
The increase in the Todd holding from 25% to 27% isn't surprising, given that Todds would have taken up their entitlement in the recent issue and a lot of smaller investors wouldn't have.

I think the point's been made before that Todds are long time "cornerstone" holders of CUE. Bear in mind also that a similar issue a few years ago had a similar effect, Todds inching their interest up and small holders a bit indifferent. Mind you, I think that the issue was clearly out of the money at closing date on that occasion.

So I don't see anything particularly significant in recent developments, other than that CUE's prospects are looking better all the time.

;)

macduffy
29-07-2009, 09:46 AM
Hi digger.

I've been thinking about your remarks re the Todds.

I don't have any brief for the Todds but I think you've been a bit harsh in lumping them in with the other parties you mention. ( No disagreement there!)
In over forty years of involvement in business in New Zealand and Australia, large chunks of it in Wellington, I can't think of a single instance when we could claim that the Todds have disadvantaged other shareholders of a company in any way. Of course, their business has been conducted through private companies in the main - the likes of Todd Motors, Europa Oil, Todd Petroleum etc. I can't see that they have ever disadvantaged CUE shareholders, although I concede that that company is not the most aggressively promoted of my oilers. Not a bad thing, IMO.

If I'm looking at things through excessively rose-coloured glasses. please feel free to set me straight.

:)

digger
29-07-2009, 11:53 AM
There is nothing illegal about how the recent cash issue was presented. No stock exchange inquiry is needed.It is just that it was not fair play coming from the richest famile in NZ. Cash issues coming in such a short time frame benefit the directors that have enjoyed a much longer time to organise there money requirements.But still what CUE did was legal and above board,just a bit too much loading things in the big boys favor.

STRAT
29-07-2009, 03:52 PM
There is nothing illegal about how the recent cash issue was presented. No stock exchange inquiry is needed.It is just that it was not fair play coming from the richest famile in NZ. Cash issues coming in such a short time frame benefit the directors that have enjoyed a much longer time to organise there money requirements.But still what CUE did was legal and above board,just a bit too much loading things in the big boys favor.Hi Digger,
Wouldnt it be fair that most companies look upon their small shareholders as nothing more than an unavoidable nuisance? Thats how its always looked to me.

COLIN
29-07-2009, 11:32 PM
Colin i bought 1/4 million shares on the strength that i felt there was about 100% confidence that Todd would use[maybe more like created]the cash issue to increase his percentage holding in CUE. You have a quick cash issue that the small fry does not have time to organise then grab your share. This increases TODD holding as lots of small holders do not take up. I even considered that the big boys just might sell a few from some unrleated holding to depress the price.
NZO is in a holding pattern at the moment but will soon burst into life.Also i would not put a small fraction of the trust into TODD as i have for the NZO boys.Todd did not get the richest famile by having concerns for others.Again think of how long you knew about the recent cash issue compared to how long Todd knew about it.
Still if you have any spare cash CUE it is very likely to fly in about a month or two when the cash issue is comfortably behind it. Certainly would not look good to have TODD increase from 25% to 27% then the following week news come out that they clearly knew about at the announcement date of the cash issue. Maybe a month at least then we will know why TODD wanted to increase his percentage holding.
Oh by the way the other two i do not exactally trust is Sir Bob Jones and the Fay Richwhite fellows ---more SIRS

Digger: Thanks for your useful comments. I feel I need to dig a bit more into the CUE history and gene pool before I feel confident enough to take the plunge.
I do tend to agree with McDuffy's comments, though, re the Todds; I wouldn't place them in the same category as those others - "rip-off merchants" - you mentioned.

Financially dependant
31-07-2009, 08:37 PM
HZN ann out.....

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?E=ASX&S=HZN&N=212429

It always sounds more exciting when Horizon say it...:)

colinm_au
01-08-2009, 05:09 AM
HZN QE 30/07/2009 Activities Report

PMP 38160 and PEP 38413, Offshore Taranaki Basin, Maari Field (Horizon Oil interest: 10%)

In the quarter, 1.2 million barrels of oil were produced from the Maari field. Since the commencement of production to the date of this report, over 2.1 million barrels of oil have been produced, of which 2.0 million barrels have been lifted and sold. The Company has sold 209,000 barrels of Maari production to date, generating sales revenue of US$11.7 million.

The Maari development drilling program, being carried out with the Ensco 107 jack-up rig, was completed on 26 July 2009, considerably ahead of the forecast mid-August completion date. During the quarter, the 3 water injection wells - MR6, MR7 and MR8 - were drilled and equipped and are currently injecting water into the primary Moki formation reservoir to maintain reservoir pressure. Subsequently the MR1 production well was drilled and is currently flowing oil to the FPSO Raroa. The more complicated dual lateral MR2 well was also successfully drilled and equipped for production. It is expected to be hooked up and on stream by early August. Two of the production wells required short workovers to repair a damaged valve in the completion assembly. These were carried out on the MR3 well, which is now back on production and on the MR4 well, which should be back on line by the coming weekend.

During the development drilling phase, production was continually interrupted for safety reasons during lifting and other operations associated with drilling. Horizon Oil intends to advise shareholders on field production rates and performance in August, when all 5 oil production wells are on line.

Work on the wellhead platform and FPSO is essentially complete. The main focus has been on well hook-up and commissioning. Other activities included finalisation of installation contract work scopes, confirmation of all deliverables and close-out of outstanding commercial issues. Also during the quarter, the Maari joint venture approved drilling of an extended reach well to appraise the Manaia structure, which is located 10 km southwest of Maari (see map) and a development well to access the M2A oil reservoir at Maari, which sits above the primary Moki zone. The decision to drill the additional wells was taken in view of the demonstrated good performance of the drilling rig and various teams, the favourable dayrate for the Ensco 107 and the consequence of extending project completion into October, placing rig demobilisation in a better weather window. It is anticipated that the Manaia-1 will spud this weekend and take 45 days to drill. The horizontal completion section of the well in the Mangahewa formation is planned to be up-dip of the Maui 4 discovery well drilled in 1970, which flowed 575 bopd from a vertical exploration well through that zone. Two additional oil accumulations were encountered in the Moki formation but were not tested at the time. If warranted, the well will be equipped for production and flowed to the FPSO, using gas-lift. The M2A well will be drilled thereafter and is expected to take 27 days to complete.

The M2A zone at Maari has now been penetrated by 12 exploration, appraisal, producer and injector wells, is well understood and has been mapped with a significantly higher oil-in-place than was anticipated before commencement of the development drilling program. It is intended that the well will be completed as a producer and put on intermittent production as allowed by available production facilities.

trackers
01-08-2009, 08:18 AM
Geeee whiz, great announcement there colin re Manaia-1 and M2A!!!

STRAT
01-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Geeee whiz, great announcement there colin re Manaia-1 and M2A!!!and not so much as a squeak out of CUE about it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

trackers
01-08-2009, 10:46 AM
and not so much as a squeak out of CUE about it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Surely they'll put out an update on Monday to say that Manaia has spud...surely@!

digger
01-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Surely they'll put out an update on Monday to say that Manaia has spud...surely@!

Maybe some of the big boys want to buy some more so are slow at the draw on making this meaniful info. Perhaps i should mention that in rubishing the very short time interval of the recent just completed cash issue i am also trying to get the small investers to relook at this thing and not just leave it to the wealthy. Still it is none of my business if small investers are slow at the uptake here and there slowness has certainly helped me but i think in a few months with this stock it will become very clear that not getting in now was the wrong decision.
My biggest arguement in taking a small stake here is that the POO will have a hugh effect on CUE.s income stream as pointed out in earlier posts and when this happens the market will rerate. Remember Cue was very unfortunate to just get oil production started as the POO fell out of the sky. The Manaia drill if successful put a rocket under the share price. Well that was my thinking and acting summed up now we just have to wait and see with time how it pans out.

seaosh
03-08-2009, 01:08 PM
Cue looking good again today. . .

JBmurc
03-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Cue looking good again today. . .

Yeah I see MEO is above 50c now CUE could well be well north of 30c on on a large J.V partner annoucment at Artemis with their free carried 15%

boysy
03-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Maari drilling completed ahead of time

Neil Ritchie, New Zealand
Monday, 3 August 2009

THE development drilling program for the Maari oil field off Taranaki, New Zealand, has been completed “considerably ahead” of the previously forecast mid-August date, according to minority partner Horizon Oil.

Ensco 107 jack-up drilling rig

In its June quarterly report, Horizon said the jack-up Ensco Rig 107 had finished drilling the last two of the five scheduled production wells on Sunday, July 26, after earlier completing the three water injection wells and the first three production wells.

The three water injection wells, MR6, MR7 and MR8, which were all drilled during the June quarter, were now injecting water into the primary Moki formation reservoir to maintain reservoir pressure.

The fourth production well, MR1, was subsequently drilled and was currently flowing oil to the floating, production, storage and offtake vessel Raroa.

Horizon said the more complicated dual-lateral MR2 well was also successfully drilled and equipped for production. It is expected to be hooked up and come onstream sometime this week.

Two of the production wells, MR3 and MR4, required short workovers to repair a damaged valve in the completion assembly. The MR3 well is now back in production, while the MR4 well should have been brought back online last weekend.

Production was continually interrupted for safety reasons during lifting and other operations associated with drilling in the quarter.

Horizon said it intended to announce final field production rates and performance after all production wells were back online.

The company also said that work on the wellhead platform and FPSO was now essentially complete, with other activities including the finalisation of installation contract work scopes, confirmation of all deliverables and close-out of outstanding commercial issues also completed during the quarter.

The Maari field produced a total of 1.2 million barrels for the period, with the total since first oil started flowing in late February now at more than 2.1MMbbl, of which 2MMbbl have been lifted and sold.

Horizon added that it had sold 209,000 barrels of Maari oil to date, generating sales revenue of $US11.7 million (about $A140 million).

The company further said that the decision to drill the previously announced extended reach well to appraise the Manaia structure, located 10km southwest of Maari, and a development well to access the M2A oil reservoir above the primary Moki zone at Maari, was taken because of the demonstrated good performance of the drilling rig and various teams.

The favourable day rate for the Ensco 107 and extension of project completion into a better weather window, with rig demobilisation anticipated during October, were also factors.

The company added that it anticipated the Manaia-1 appraisal well, which should have spudded last weekend, would take 45 days to drill.

The horizontal completion section of the well in the Mangahewa formation is planned to be updip of the 1970 Maui-4 discovery well that flowed 575bbl per day from a vertical section of that zone. Two additional oil accumulations were encountered in the Moki formation but were not tested at the time. If warranted, the well will be equipped for production and flowed to the FPSO, using gas-lift.

The M2A well will be drilled last and is expected to take 27 days to complete. That M2A zone has now been penetrated by 12 exploration, appraisal, producer and injector wells. It is well understood and has been mapped with significantly higher oil in place than anticipated before the start of the Maari development drilling program.

It is intended that the well will be completed as a producer and put on intermittent production as allowed by available production facilities.

Meanwhile, Horizon said that interpretation of the reprocessed 3D seismic coverage over the Maari (mining licence PMP 38160) and Manaia (exploration licence PEP 38413), and Pike and Paua (PEP 38494) structures continued during the quarter, with Pike and Paua being evaluated as potential drilling targets.

The Maari and PEP 38413 partners are operator Austrian firm OMV (69%), Todd Energy (16%), Horizon Oil (10%) and Cue Energy Resources (5%).

The PEP 38494 partners are operator Todd Energy (55%), Horizon (25%) and Cue (20%).

Crypto Crude
03-08-2009, 05:17 PM
back to 21c...
To me it would seem that CUE is not running (yet) due to Maari... I say this because we can see HZN stable.... CUE is running because of NWS and MEO...
We have an entire portfolio of assets/activities to be realised...
including Maari and Manaia...

with a whole heap on the activities front it is hard to not see CUE at 30c within 6 weeks...
best all round small oiler ive ever seen...
exploration kick, appraisal rippers, development stage growth, production profile....
buy and hold...
.^sc

Financially dependant
03-08-2009, 08:05 PM
back to 21c...
To me it would seem that CUE is not running (yet) due to Maari... I say this because we can see HZN stable.... CUE is running because of NWS and MEO...
We have an entire portfolio of assets/activities to be realised...
including Maari and Manaia...

with a whole heap on the activities front it is hard to not see CUE at 30c within 6 weeks...
best all round small oiler ive ever seen...
exploration kick, appraisal rippers, development stage growth, production profile....
buy and hold...
.^sc

What a lovely cocktail.....production ramping up (pardon the pun).... & development on track in harmony of the falling US$.....MEO has put the spot light on CUE....smart money coming in with the spec. money....SP ratcheting up......nice finish today and nearly over SC's average....just one olive please....:D

trackers
03-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Disappointing not to see confirmation from JV regarding the spud or otherwise of Manaia-1 in the weekend... Not surprising though :)

ELYOB
04-08-2009, 11:30 AM
CUE is now starting to be noticed ,it has not been appreciated due to inactivity . MEO run is bringing it to the people? Things about to heat up mid Aug09 to late Sept09 , a bit early as yet.

I am biased , large shareholder.

fruitloop
04-08-2009, 12:21 PM
announcement now out, Manaia-1 spudded in the weekend.
Good activity on the buying front

ELYOB
04-08-2009, 01:24 PM
MEO reaches the point where volitile profit taking ;down 18% in an hour. Hope this influence doesn't spread to CUE .

JBmurc
04-08-2009, 01:49 PM
MEO reaches the point where volitile profit taking ;down 18% in an hour. Hope this influence doesn't spread to CUE .

wouldn't think CUE will get as badly hit by the spec selling as MEO traders all over MEO taking profits today on a high ,any good news on major J.V will push both upwards....

rather hold CUE myself if artemis is a duster CUE shouldn't crash anything like MEO

p2r
04-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Saw a bit in the Dominion yesterday on Todds & Cue. Just noting that they were building up ownership and few years back someone from Todds reckoned CUE and NOG had no future. Couldn't find it on the internet. Some interesting history though - used to be listed on NZ & PNG exchange. I wonder what Singapore Petroleums plans for CUE are? What are the chances of a takeover?

macduffy
05-08-2009, 08:53 AM
Saw a bit in the Dominion yesterday on Todds & Cue. Just noting that they were building up ownership and few years back someone from Todds reckoned CUE and NOG had no future. Couldn't find it on the internet. Some interesting history though - used to be listed on NZ & PNG exchange. I wonder what Singapore Petroleums plans for CUE are? What are the chances of a takeover?

Well, Singapore Petroleum itself is in the process of being taken over by one of the big Chinese oilers, but it's still a fair question.
Todds still have the biggest shareholding though, and operational control, so I don't see them giving up on CUE after all these years, unless of course they/we receive an offer too good to refuse.

;)

upside_umop
07-08-2009, 02:55 PM
We've got a little bit of grunt happening here today. Do you notice the buyers snap up the depth and wait for it to build and then come back for more?

I saw a 500,000 buy on opening snap up 21.5 cents. Was that you digger? Glad to see we're on the same ride, yet again. You timed your entry well!

Dont leave this train too early guys...

Glad your back up above water Shrewdy, you had this pick right, just a matter of market risk that pulled it down!

STRAT
07-08-2009, 03:18 PM
We've got a little bit of grunt happening here today. Do you notice the buyers snap up the depth and wait for it to build and then come back for more?

I saw a 500,000 buy on opening snap up 21.5 cents. Was that you digger? Glad to see we're on the same ride, yet again. You timed your entry well!

Glad your back up above water Shrewdy, you had this pick right, just a matter of market risk that pulled it down!I just read, you were sent to the head masters office for a telling off Oooomop :eek:
Cant imagine why. Did you post something juicy made up entirely of 4 letter words or what?

Anyway glad you are back and nice to see CUE finally on the move taking Shrewdy back into the blue.

Heres a pretty picture. The vertical blue lines are buy signals from indicators.

Crypto Crude
07-08-2009, 04:54 PM
CUE at 24c...
at these prices I struggle to see an oiler id sell this stock for...
Oh.... there is one....

just wait 5 more weeks...
too many activities coming through to name...
buy and hold...
a week or so back, I said CUE would be 30c in 6 weeks...
can I change my mind?
.^sc

STRAT
07-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Oh.... there is one....

.^scReally? which one would that be Shrewd dude?

Crypto Crude
07-08-2009, 05:14 PM
BUL...
im getting some in a few weeks...
im not selling CUE to fund it...
wont be selling any of that...
90% CUE 10% WCUO....
.^sc

bermuda
07-08-2009, 05:59 PM
BUL...
90% CUE 10% WCUO....
.^sc

You are onto it Shrewdy! You must have been watching the news this arvo on BUL. Plans are afoot to get rid of the ANZ! That has been holding BUL back by 20 cents. Another reason I got in. This company has so much in front of it , it aint funny.

Care to predict our tennis score.????? 3 sets ......1st to 7 ...each set.
Showdown time 11 am Friday 14 August.

Grab your CUE ( racket ) Shrewdy. This is going to be big.lol

bermuda
07-08-2009, 06:24 PM
BUL...
90% CUE 10% WCUO....
.^sc

You are onto it Shrewdy! You must have been watching the news this arvo on BUL. Plans are afoot to get rid of the ANZ! That has been holding BUL back by 20 cents. Another reason I got in. This company has so much in front of it , it aint funny.

bermuda
07-08-2009, 06:34 PM

Hey, Shrewdy, you are on to it with BUL. To first time readers , just slowly...read every line... read the latest presentaions from Blue and compare them with 6 months ago. This company has changed.

This ANZ saga has cost BUL 20 cents but that is about to change. Well, I live and hope.

lakeys
07-08-2009, 06:54 PM
Good to have you on board BUL soon Shrewdy and good luck with the tennis.

bermuda
07-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Good to have you on board BUL soon Shrewdy and good luck with the tennis.

Lakeys,
This guy has got one of the biggest brains going....but next week he gets slaughtered.

troyvdh
07-08-2009, 07:53 PM
.....is all this ...better than sex........

digger
07-08-2009, 08:40 PM

Glad your back up above water Shrewdy, you had this pick right, just a matter of market risk that pulled it down!

No unfortunately it wasn't. I have had my finger on the buy button especially after the last two down days and today i have been helping my youngest daughter move into her first new house so missed all the recent action. I am dissapointed it moved so quickly because buying more is exactally what is on my mind.

Think it was only a few weeks ago i loudely told everyone this company was about to move and get in.Most of this recent gain is from the unfortunate situation CUE got itself in with world events as i mentioned before several times. It still has some distance to go but i was really hoping for a big dose of pessissum to grab the limelight. The best buying is always when the sky is falling in crowd are in charge.

geezy
07-08-2009, 10:12 PM
feeling the ultimate pinch that i sold out at .15 :(, still has lots of legs to run i believe? Good thing i reentered and still want to hold a bigger stake in it too!

All the best guys, watch out for the wave !

STRAT
09-08-2009, 08:55 AM
All the best guys, watch out for the wave !Dont think there are many surfers here geezy. Most of us need a zimmer frame to get to the shops :eek:

STRAT
09-08-2009, 08:59 AM
BUL...
90% CUE 10% WCUO....
.^scAaah, I have a few of those Shrewdy. May get some more if it starts to move. Right now CUE looks hotter. Timing is everything eh? :D

geezy
11-08-2009, 11:11 PM
cue showing very strong signs of buying :)

shawsie
12-08-2009, 09:35 AM
last fridays afternoon frenzy, SP around 22 to 26 and back to 23.5, yesterday I noticed this ASX posting on directors share acquisitions,

http://asx.com.au/asx/statistics/announcements.do?by=asxCode&asxCode=cue&timeframe=D&period=W

11/08/2009 Appendix 3Y, Change of Director`s Interest Notice 9 PDF -

page 9 E Albers acquiring 8.9 m shares , further down page - on market trade.

As volume by day in the week was (in millions 4,1,1,1,7)

is management creating their own good news?

macduffy
12-08-2009, 10:12 AM
last fridays afternoon frenzy, SP around 22 to 26 and back to 23.5, yesterday I noticed this ASX posting on directors share acquisitions,

http://asx.com.au/asx/statistics/announcements.do?by=asxCode&asxCode=cue&timeframe=D&period=W

Well, it would be highly unusual for directors to be buying if they didn't think that the shares were good value at the current price. Informed buying by those closest to a company is ususally a pretty good indicator of pending good news.

;)

trackers
12-08-2009, 10:37 AM

Spinning director's buying into their own company as bad news? Thats a new one!! :o

These trades would also be part of their remuneration package (remuneration taken in shares rather than cash)

upside_umop
12-08-2009, 10:54 AM
You'll notice the different prices at which these went through.

35,267@AUD0.235 cents each.
8,942,354@AUD0.15 cents each.

The on market trade at 23.5 cents was as Trackers said, 'Director Share Savings Plan.'

The big amount purchased at 15 cents was the exercise of entitlement, a few weeks ago.

So nothing abnormal here.

Albers (the founder of CUE) now owns 57,581,945 shares in CUE.

upside_umop
12-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Phaedrus, would you be kind enough to update us with a chart.

Indicators may look significantly different now that there has been some 'big' volume through and not just us small players.

shawsie
12-08-2009, 11:56 AM
would you consider last fridays activity abnormal?

nothing keeps the handbrake on the SP like a SPP or equivalent, and not surprising to see 20s once it washed through, esp given the good news,

but someone (or someone plus a lot of lemmings) hit the accelerator friday avo, seemingly specific to cue, not generic to energy.

consider context of low sp, last friday was equivalent of a NZO buyer taking SP from 160 to 190 in 2 hours. yes cue is more speculative, but im not comparing apples and elephants.

possible connection to capital raising?

disc cue21.5

da puntzda
12-08-2009, 05:04 PM
any thoughts as to whats up with the some punter buying 1575 shares exactly every 5 minutes for the last hour.

Last time I saw something like this it was NOG buying PPP.

More abnormal activity eh Shawsie

disc holder

da puntzda
12-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Any thoughts as to why some punter would be buying 1,575 shares exactly every 5 minutes for the last hour or so. A bit more abnormal behaviour eh Shawsie.

Last time I saw activity like this it was NOG having a raid on PPP.

disc holder

trackers
13-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Any thoughts as to why some punter would be buying 1,575 shares exactly every 5 minutes for the last hour or so. A bit more abnormal behaviour eh Shawsie.

Last time I saw activity like this it was NOG having a raid on PPP.

disc holder

I believe that will be a bot - some sort of automated system of trading.

Could be wrong though

Phaedrus
13-08-2009, 08:59 AM
Volume certainly is way above average, UU, with Up-days (green bars) higher than Down-days (red bars). This is Bullish but you do have to watch out for a "blow-off" top. Look back at May 2008 as an example of this. A very steep uptrend hit resistance at high volumes and plunged equally quickly.

http://h1.ripway.com/78963/CUE812.gif

trackers
13-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Thanks for that Phaedrus, chart looking extremely good..... Looking for a close above 24c to continue the trend upwards!

Should see some drilling updates soon too

Crypto Crude
13-08-2009, 02:47 PM
heres a post in my own words, on what you need to know about various aspects of CUE, all packaged into a reserves vs resource debate which has been looming...
I posted this on another forum...
so why not here too...

ok...
Here are CUEs Gas assets...

Kimu 30 BCF
Barikewa 120 BCF
Cash Maple 120 BCF
Oyong Gas 12 BCF
Wortel Gas 12 BCF
SE Gobe 2.5 BCF

are they 2P reserves or just Resources?

296 BCF is alot of gas, worth over one billion dollars for revenue production...(not for sellable production- I will come back to this in a later post)...
all that and everything else for a 170 million cap...
appraisal... exploration... production... development...
very diverse...

CUE state that in all of these projects that I listed at the top of the page, that they are 2P, 2P equivalent, or for SE Gobe there are no 2P reserves (but SE Gobe only makes up around 1% of our gas assets...

The reason why some people class our assets as resources instead of reserves comes down to the definition of these words involved, and whether you can technically classify as a reserve as a reserve (regardless of whether the field is proven)......

There is no doubt about it that our assets are 2P, Probable reserves that are just as likely to produce (50%)...
all our gas assets are discoveries off previously drilled wells, in some cases multiple appraisal wells have been drilled on our prospects...
the gas is there... it is the wording and definition of what makes up a resource, that can pull our proven gas discoveries away from being a reserve regardless of the size of the proven field..

here are a few examples...

Reserves are the amount of oil/gas in place that can be economically extracted... but because costs are not yet known, are they economical? (this is a key point to a resource)
Of Course our PNG assets are economical...
We are not exactly sure of costs, therefore this could be deemed as a resource...

Look at this another way... Our billion dollar assets are so large in revenue terms that all costs are taken care of... forget about costs eah.....

Are our assets resources because they are stranded assets?
well, they are and they are not...
with PNG LNG final investment decision early next year, our previously stranded assets are going to get a great chance of development on the back end of PNG LNG startup...
and we ride with OSH...

So what were stranded assets (even just 6 months ago), are quickly becoming part of a much clearer development path with PNG LNG...

Are our assets resources because the timing to production is not fully known?
well... last year that was the case, but this Year PNG LNG is really ticking boxes off... For the first time ever CUE has Production forecasts for SE Gobe, Barikewa, and SE Gobe gas, in the latest CUE presentation.. page 10...

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=CUE&E=ASX&N=319404

This is inline with previous expectations...
Barikewa could be 2014 production....

basically these are the main arguments for resources,
are there commercial paths for our assets?
are they mature enough to develop?
timing of production path?
timing of development path?

as there are not exact answers for these questions (and more) then technically we do have resources... this, which has little to do with the actual discoveries, leads me to believe in 2 words...

foresight...
Pedantic...

foresight on what is going to open right before your eyes...
making calls on various projects before they are given Final investment decision, and FEED, so we can profit from reclassification of projects from stranded, to pre development (FDI), through development, and into production...
we profit from the derisking at each step as we strive to capture some, all, or part of 300 BCF worth of production.....
CUE, one of the most conservative oilers on the market, who dont even come out and state that we have BOE for less than $2 per barrel of oil equivalent... who dont even fart in the wind when Zeus comes, (there was virtually no pump)...
we got a spud date ann, a drilling report... and that was about it...
a company who doesnt announce anything unless they absolutely have too...
but yet a company that came out and states that our assets are 2P equivalent...
come on Entropylord....get with it....

2P Equivalent to me means that our assets are 2P but does not meet all the criteria to offically call them 2P (even though they are)
and this comes back to my examples...
timing, mature fields, economical....

We all know that industry standard is for delays at any stage of an oilers cycle... And Im telling you now... there will be no delay with PNG LNG...
Exxon, OSH, STO, Nippon...

CUE has left it up to the market to decide what they think will happen to these assets in time...if they are produceable or not eg.... they have put it on the market, and put it back on me to decide...

so I went away and did my research... and I came back wanting to be a smart arse with a market crash looming...hehehehe....
The first point I came too was that Maari is the value of the company and everything else is free...
straight away I hit the jackpot...and with Manaia...

seconly, I realised that PNG LNG is very big and we have key assets in the region that will be exposed to this...
check out PNG LNG.com... read OSH market reports...
wow this is big...
This is why ive got 90% of my holdings in this...
foresight...

and the other word,
Pedantic...

look at wheather our assets are actual discoveries of 2P status and let all the other minor factors take care of the rest in time...
Finding gas, finding oil is the biggest risk in this game...
Once you have found oil/gas, then the next steps are relatively easier, and more so with abit of patience...

As I have said...
we have an entire portfolio of proven gas assets, it is soon coming up to the time of exposing some of these idle assets and developing them, and that will happen...
read the 2008 Annual report...

As for specific assets..
Kimu, Barikewa, SE Gobe come under PNG developments that we have to surely believe OSH will develop after the back end of phase one PNG LNG... OSH has clearly stated they are in time going to develop the entire region...

Cash Maple, Timor Sea 20%
reproccessing of 3D seismic....this is to better define the structure...
also PTTEP took over Coogee resources earlier this year, who was the JV partner in the project...
development paths include floating LNG, methanol production,(coogee technology that has been replicated by MEO, but MEO have no quality assets (as of yet to give final investment decision)...

Oyong Gas, Wortel Gas...
the Indonesian Connection...
24BCF...
Wortel stated as 2P equivalent...
tie in 2010 for production...
I believe these two gas producers are only estimated reserves set out by Santos, and consistant with SPE guidelines...

Gotta have foresight...
I wouldnt be in the position today if I didnt have it...
tried to be cute by holding CUE through a market crash when I knew one was coming... lol... what a fool I was thinking that...
lol...
The delays on Maari production startup have been a good thing even though this was the activity we needed during a market crash to have SOME support at least...
we got none... so the SP fell to 9c...

If everything was factored in before it happened then we wouldnt make the big returns we set out to make, because it would already be valued in the market cap...
eg valuing at production stage if in appraisal stage...

regardless of the technical wording and understanding behind the definitions of classification of reserves vs resource, it is safe to say that we have proven gas fields of 2P equivalent status, and that in time they will come through (PNG surely)... Cash Maple is alittle uncertain as of yet though...
In time we will profit from these development paths for free because the market has continued to value these assets at nothing.... The Market does not understand the real value behind Maari as of yet, but it will in time(maybe due to too little published info on the company and its activities)?...
PNG is long term stuff...
it is 5-6 years until production...

BUT, we have plenty going on right now, next month...
and activites over the next year and beyond to make it a profitable ride until 2015....

a few free exploration wells on the way...
(exploration rippers)...
some tasty appraisals..
and a whole heap of downside support from 1700 BOPD from Maari, and our other producers on that...

Lordolean...,
I will put some basic numbers up soon for you on PNG and Cash Maple in another post...

it is up to the beholder to believe in what they want...
The main issue is not to do with the timing of our assets, or the commercialisation path, because we already have a fair idea on how that is going to unfold.....
it is to do with our assets clearly being 2P reserves...
and for some realisation of that by the market....
and thats that...

All these questions will be taken care of in time...
rest easy knowing our big reserves are all for free, and they are big...
Yeahhh harrggghhhhhhhh.....

minimum hold is for 2 months to factor in all the up and coming stuff that Ive listed in a previous post... and then I decide what to do from there......

would you believe it... Artemis is a side issue...
markets looking at it all wrong... wow...
im excited about that... dont get me wrong...
but im just as excited about bankables that are already in place...
If we hit at Artemis we might get 1.5 TCF to us...
well we already have .3 TCF in the bank...
2P's.... roll with them...roll with Oil Search.... roll with me to one dollar...
yeah hrrgggaaargrggghhhh....

and lastly, theres our oil too...
2.5million rerated closer to 4million on upgrades...
370,000 ongoing from oyong oil...
and 200,000 from SE gobe gas...

Rest up mackdunk...
get your stock picks right in our 2010 stock picking competition...
im expecting more than 7% for one of your three picks...
hehehehehe...
.^sc

Crypto Crude
14-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Bermuda won tennis...
I dont exactly remember the score so I wont post it...
two aces to zip though...
the gun...
.^sc

JBmurc
14-08-2009, 01:44 PM
Bermuda won tennis...
the gun...
.^sc

I see me PEN are kicking your HTM round atm SC what you like about HTM so much are likely to end up in receivership should have put a bottle of Cardon & Moet on it :)
think you would have been better putting CUE up against STX (now there's a match up)

STRAT
14-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Bermuda won tennis...
the gun...
.^scIsnt Super B around twice your age Shrewdy? :eek: :p

Crypto Crude
15-08-2009, 01:25 PM
strat,
Super B is 2.5 times my age...:D...

JBmurc,
A wise poster told me some good things about HTM/HGD at the last chch st meeting.....
Talisman funded farmin partner and 5c 10c 15c 20c, but if no partner then I will lose the bet...
That is the tradeoff...
a gamble...
simple as...
see you in Christchurch next year...;)
.^sc

STRAT
15-08-2009, 07:36 PM
strat,
Super B is 2.5 times my age...:D...

.^scI know that but I didnt want the Tennis Champ thinking I was rude.:D

As to the other fella. Not only wize. Charming as well.

duncan macgregor
15-08-2009, 08:24 PM
[QUOTE=Shrewd Crude;

CUE has left it up to the market to decide what they think will happen to these assets in time...if they are produceable or not eg.... they have put it on the market, and put it back on me to decide...

so I went away and did my research... and I came back wanting to be a smart arse with a market crash looming...hehehehe....

Gotta have foresight...
I wouldnt be in the position today if I didnt have it...
tried to be cute by holding CUE through a market crash when I knew one was coming... lol... what a fool I was thinking that...
lol...

Rest up mackdunk...
get your stock picks right in our 2010 stock picking competition...
im expecting more than 7% for one of your three picks...
hehehehehe...
.^sc[/QUOTE] SHREWDY I hope you dont mind but I cut out all the FA rubbish from your post before replying. Fundamentals are aseless as tits on a bull as both you and SNOOPY keep proving.
CUE bought by you two years ago at 21.6c today 22c= .02c PA return on your share over two years with no dividends to skite about.
SNOOPY long term investor fall in love with the company type does FA analysis like an accountant from hell holds long term everything heading down the gurgler. The point being you might have sold CUE at its best at 29c and bought back at just under 10c in a perfect world during your time on board. The fact that you didnt do better should be a sharp reminder that your systems require a major overhaul. Both you and SNOOPY have one thing in common. Snoppy rubbished me for doubleing my money on MCR in 2007 then getting out the market. You rubbished me for buying MCR in a huge uptrend after getting back in the market, and will fall to a similar fate. I hope you get round to realizing that its the market that dictates share prices.
Learn to read the market first, its that simple. Stick your money in the bank in bad times and punt like hell in the good times. Read the commodoty price charts the good companies follow those up and down ask your good mate Strat he knows that. Even your CUE followed the price of oil you dipstick Macdunk

bermuda
15-08-2009, 10:29 PM
Bermuda won tennis...
the gun...
.^sc

You should have seen Shrewdy when he had a chance to win the second set at 5 all. He positively thought he had me on the ropes.
6-1, 7-5, 6-2.
It's an old head for the long road Shrewdy, my young and talented mate.

Cue has a great future. Albers was buying up recently. That was the CUE.... or should I say CLUE.

Anytime Shrewdy, anytime,,,,, but I think I would run a mile if Serpie challenged me.

Crypto Crude
16-08-2009, 12:55 PM
Bermuda,
My legs are sore today...
Ise talking to serpant last night and we are looking for another tennis player to partner me against you and the serpant...
Jim has been put into retirement after the last time at yours...
seriously...
anyone keen to join us for a hit out some time?
.^sc

Crypto Crude
16-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Mackdunk...

as for your post...
you are completely wrong about my CUE investment...
Shrewd CUE,
heres what happened...
I started the thread on the 29th of July 2007...
On page two 13th of August I bought CUE shares...
On the 16th of November Page 5, post number 68 I said "I have been selling CUE over the last while"... I sold out to fund my 'all in' position in MEO, and I got out on that when I read a poor drilling report on Heron mid drill...
I sold MEO at the beginning of 2008, but I didnt buy back into CUE for 7 further months...
it wasnt until 15th July 2008 that I got back in... post number 138 page 10...
get your facts right...
At the time I got back in based on Momoho rapping up and Maari operations about to unfold...
I then had to wait on bad weather, so I did...
I did because I saw Maari supporting the SP and a whole portfolio of free assets...

I am honored for you to think that im like snoopy...
He is a great poster...

Mackdunk,
I dont think it would matter what I did, you will always rough me up as best as you can... and good on you...

very early this year, and later on during 2008, I experienced the worst financial times in my life... and you were there to hammer me into the ground...
you beat on me all the way back up, and now im in a profitable position after the biggest market crash in 80 years, you still go at it...
Im so happy I could hug you...https://webmail.canterbury.ac.nz/atmail/mime.php?file=35D.gif&cid=35D@goomoji.gmail...
remember those days when I smiled at hundred point (plus days), it felt like it was a month of falls...

mackdunk,
I know that you are against my Fundamental analysis and you jump up and down about it, but you must put it in the overall context of my performance over the 6 years...
my Fundamental analysis of NWE got me out above 20c, but your technical analysis got you in as you rode it all the way down to a few cents in our competition...

In the context of my overall performance your trying to joke with me arent you?
respect my decision to be a fundie...

I stuck to my guns.... Fundamentals got me in, and I said I was not going to sell until they did, or new info came...
its as simple as that...
you must give me leeway this time after all that ensued...
you cant be that blood ravenged after all we have been through, along with all of investing friends on this site and others.....
thats just being nasty...

Give it up to me...
these are my only losing oil positions in 6 years that I can remember...
Far $500...
2K on CTP, and less on CTPOA (sold 15c)...
lost 2k on TEXO...
and thats it...

you are a good man Mackdunk...
but your picking on the wrong person...
I say this because you aint got nothing on me...
go beat on someone else...
infact, I got more on you, but I wont even go there...

I look forward to coming to Auckland in November...
bring your beer money, its your shout...
.^sc

duncan macgregor
16-08-2009, 05:15 PM
SHREWDY Lers face it we both beat up on each other which is good for you as it is for me. I pinpoint your weaknesses you pinpoint mine, we both have a go from different angles which is a learning curve for open minds to accumulate. The point is to look at each others viewpoint to learn, not to critisize, simply because its there. I enjoy our little banters that extend my own one track methods as I hope you enjoy me showing up your dirty laundry.
The only reason i banter with you is that I feel I might assist you with your progress to be a really good investor. As a person you can move in next doors with my blessing anytime,,as an investor, We might have great debates. I think your strengths are FA analysis of your companies of choice and your great overpowering weakness is market sentiment.
My investments dont matter to much the crisis is over, I have reached the stage in life where it matters little. Your investments are critical. I only hope you take that into account in our future. Your position is double your money every year my positrion is been there done that whats safe now. The point being I in real life are whipping your ass you young punk and when are you going to show me up. ? I reallyt want you to be able to do that but 21.6 in real life at 22c today price shows me you still are my student. Macdunk.

Crypto Crude
16-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Mackdunk,
the only student is you...
I dont need to look at your view point to get a learning experience (as you put it)...I dont need assistance...
Ive only ever relied on myself...
I will look at TA when I ready...
but not yet... TA will be a big part of my future... but not now...
not while im running hot with fundies.....
The direction to that future price is unsure, but that future price is sure...

check out NXS... its one of the best...
Im comfortable with my own system...
You could assist me though...
Im looking for good quality oilers, so if you hear of any, then let me know.....

your advice would have gotten me a house at the top of the housing market, with fixed interest rates...
I would have been a mess right now....

You bought CUE at 15c, and sold it below that...

TA got you in at a great price...
TA got you out at a crap price...
Your TA aint all that if you didnt hold onto this little gem...

that 50% return could have got you a flight to a CHCH st meeting...
are you coming down here, or are you still a poor broke arse?...
hehehehehe....
luv you like a brudda...
:D
.^sc

AMR
16-08-2009, 05:51 PM
One question from me for you Shrewd:

How do you do it? Stick almost all your assets into a one company which halves and then doubles and still sleep soundly at night? If it was me I would have jumped off a tall place somewhere!

Nitaa
16-08-2009, 06:54 PM
Good to see you back on these forums. I worry about you. You post like heck with the market drops and when the market goes upby about 40% we hear virtually nothing.

If i am not mistaken, CUE has risen by about 100% since the begining of this year. I think thats a bloody great call from Shrewdy. I also think that since he is a FA, often sp movement will be out of wack to what the companies position really is. Point is, how cares what the price is now, it is only important on what you paid and sell for.

With FA investors they know that strong compainies will show its true colours but it can t get take time. Dont be fooled into what a good company is though. What maybe good today may not be tomorrow. That is one of the keys to saving your bacon.

Onya, love you to bits, wouldnt want you as my financial advisers but im sure your a good buddy to be with at the pub.

duncan macgregor
16-08-2009, 07:46 PM
SHREWDY would be my mate living next door. We could have a great time having each other on. Being an FA investor {we all know what that reepresents] makes him a sitting duck in the next downtrend. No Sell system. I am right you mugs in the market are wrong. He fails to admit its market forces that drive the market company fundamentals are a very poor second. He bought CUE by his own admission over 2 years ago at an average of 21.6c with over half his bank. Today CUE are 22c giving him a profit over 2 years of .4 of one cent on each share which I suggest wouldnt cover his buy expences. SHREWDY a nil return over two years is hardly the act of a clued up investor who has seen the share price reach 29c then drop to under 10c now back up to your start point. I need to batter the SNOOPY out of you before i give the forum up. Stop and think mate surely you must realize its not a good investment up to this point. Next week next year will be determined by market forces last two years might have been good for the clued up TA investor following the market but not the I know better than the market fundamentalist. I would suggest that if he looks in the investor mirror he will see SNOOPY staring back bleating about dividends as his portfolio downtrends into oblivion. Macdunk

srotherh
16-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Hey Duncin
Where you living since you sold the Lemon Farm

Crypto Crude
16-08-2009, 11:12 PM
mackdunk mackdunk,
what do you mean I have no sell systems...?
all the positions I held before CUE were sold, not because I got some elert on my screen, or because I lost too much on that position, (stopped out),or because the fairy god mother said so...
I sold because, yes......... sometimes information changes... it is sometimes out of our hands, sometimes we are gambling that things will come in not yet factored in by the market.......
With CUE that info never changed...
it just looked better and better as time went by...
Maari ramped up as expected (and more so), expectations were met because of the OMV conection... cobra came in... ..
CUE is now 22c... same price as before, but a whole lot better... go figure....

what you mean I have no sell system...?
I sold NWE above 20c when I was emotionally attached... I said that NWE was a stock you could put your grandma on...off that info, it was true... but that info changed....I never rebought, not once...
I sold AKK above 20c when it didnt do what it was suppost to...
I sold MEO at $1.20, after I went all in on my research, and info changed.....
Sold WHN...
same with FAR when Beibu gulf results were bad......
I gave up VPEO's, when perhaps I shouldnt have...
and the list goes on and on and on...

I only bought these stocks because they had bagger/s potential...

I sold many positions for many reasons... mostly because the information that I either expected to occur, or expectations by the market, deviated from what did happen...
its as simple as that...
I have told you over and over...
I went all in for a reason, and I wouldnt sell until that reason changed...
its as simples as that...

.^sc

Crypto Crude
16-08-2009, 11:31 PM
AMR,
us yong folk (like yourself) have time...
I knew if the markets went real bad, then I could sit on CUE for half a decade and ride in our long term assets...
the seperating factor from all the other juniors are our Large Joint Venture Partners...
OSH, STO, OMV, Todds... wow...
name me one small oiler with those connections?
and CUE have more...
Coogee (now taken over)...
SPC (now taken over)...
HZN...
wow...

also slept well because company has 54 million BOE....
ride in Barikewa, Kimu, and SE on the back end of PNG LNG equates to assets for cents in the dollar...
and hold on for those production start ups for a one dollar stock in 2015 (without exploration success)...
I also slept well because Maari is profitable at $25-$30 US barrels...
zzzzzz because of Manaia...
company diversification....
mixture of all stages...

4 times ive been all in...
one time that info changed before the sp crash...
the 2nd time that info changed, but the sp reaction was delayed as it was an evolving process....
once I sold to profit take...
The last time is with CUE...

rule number one...
dont make mistakes on big positions...
if info changes... sell....
dont sell cos a chart tells you to...
what sort of control do you then have?
none... you give control to a computer system that totally goes against the reason why you bought...
Mackdunk bought CUE at 15c cos he saw what I saw...
why did he get out?
because the computer told him...
take control of your own destiny...
dont invest in fund managers...
learn it for yourself, so you can take on the level of risk you desire...
yeahh hargggghhhh...

Mackdunk, Phaedrus, AA, and strat really know their stuff...
IMO AA and Strat have really stuck out because at certain times they have held positions (based on FA), even though TA would have gotten them out long ago......
a mixture of the two systems is the best shot...

.^sc