PDA

View Full Version : URA-New Mexico URANIUM YEEHAW!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

small fish
30-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Hi everyone,

Yes you can expect timelines to slip a little, thats why you build in a little margin to cover yourself. For Kate to make this same mistake again is just plain stupid

Archer
30-05-2008, 01:31 PM
On another subject, I've noticed a few companies have recently jumped on the Tungsten bandwagon - including MAK.

I just thought I should mention this.

I dont expect an announcement today btw. But would be very concerned if nothing was announced before the 18th June.

Agree with both these comments mid June - we've really got to see the action and - tungsten is on the up - a good pick I think. A

drillfix
30-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Time lines are always going to slip a little.

At the Patent's registration office I thought I seen an application from Uran on a new version of the Slippage of Timeline patent. :rolleyes: :D

drillfix
30-05-2008, 05:10 PM
They may announce an update after market so too early to jump on them ...yet.

Yes, and very possible Satori. But then this is Uran we are talking about so the odds with be AUTO stacked not in favour of his happening imo..lol :D

I like surprises and I am hoping this time round they can prove everybody here wrong or right depending on how, what and when things happen. :p

sp3
30-05-2008, 05:22 PM
I regretably just sold 18000 URA shares at 23c...this decision was outside of my control. I have been caught in a trading halt (CER) and had to settle $4K before Monday. I intend to buy these back (at any price) once CER commences trading again.

I feel terrible about this.

Good luck to the 23c buyer:)

shasta
30-05-2008, 05:29 PM
I regretably just sold 18000 URA shares at 23c...this decision was outside of my control. I have been caught in a trading halt (CER) and had to settle $4K before Monday. I intend to buy these back (at any price) once CER commences trading again.

You're lucky you don't have to pay gift duty...

23c is a bargin :D

sp3
30-05-2008, 05:33 PM
"You're lucky you don't have to pay gift duty..."

lol

Archer
30-05-2008, 06:24 PM
At the Patent's registration office I thought I seen an application from Uran on a new version of the Slippage of Timeline patent. :rolleyes: :D

Takes ages and ages to get patents through nowsdays - don't please df suggest any more ways to slow up progress with our untimely company !:rolleyes: A

ozelectro
30-05-2008, 07:57 PM
I regretably just sold 18000 URA shares at 23c

SP3

It is a shame you have liquidated your entire Uran holdings. Good luck for the future! :p

sp3
30-05-2008, 09:03 PM
SP3

It is a shame you have liquidated your entire Uran holdings. Good luck for the future! :p

Oz

Although it was only 5% of my holding it felt so bad and so wrong to press the sell button. I know it was a small amount relative to my overall holding, but it was a forced sale. The good news is that CER will resume trading on Monday so I will be able to sell some CER to buy the shares back.

Hope URA doesnt go into a trading halt on Monday:)

cotik
30-05-2008, 09:16 PM
News isn't far away I feel.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Don't feel too bad sp3 ANZ sold 53K of my fpo for 16c and they will have to buy them back at +$5 if they are not quick :eek:

ozelectro
30-05-2008, 09:39 PM
SP3,
LOL - 5% of your holdings, and about 50% of the average daily volume for a damn long time!

Cotik,
That's a lot of Big Grins... what are you grinning at? :D

small fish
30-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Yeah why so smiley, are you on something lol.

cotik
30-05-2008, 11:01 PM
That's the Uran board and management at the EGM.

shasta
30-05-2008, 11:02 PM

Laughing at MK, or smug with there options? :confused:

drillfix
30-05-2008, 11:27 PM

Cotik, I can only assume that you either have had a drink or 3 or something good is going to happen soon, like next week perhaps?

if so I will be just so surprised it would look like this :eek::D:eek::D:eek::D:D

drillfix
30-05-2008, 11:44 PM

Ummmmm, which EGM?

shasta
30-05-2008, 11:51 PM
Ummmmm, which EGM?

I would imagine it's the "next" one when we give Discovery 5m FPO's :D

Thats all they deserve :p

drillfix
31-05-2008, 12:02 AM
Really Shasta, that EGM?

We need to be able to add a Pole here folks.

IMO, Discovery do not deserve ZERO or anything, when the fact of the money that has been already spent, and the fact that 50% Discovery is Kate Hobbs and we are only paying her to do what she should have done in the first place. :rolleyes:

Anyways, we have been through this and we all have our opinion, but in all honesty, the discovery option STINKS of conflict of interest :mad: IMO, so I guess I will leave it at that~!

dragon
31-05-2008, 01:56 AM
sp3 fill me in please why did you say june 18th?

cheers allalnl (dragon)

On another subject, I've noticed a few companies have recently jumped on the Tungsten bandwagon - including MAK.

I just thought I should mention this.

I dont expect an announcement today btw. But would be very concerned if nothing was announced before the 18th June.

sp3
31-05-2008, 02:17 AM
Hi Allanl

18 June is when the whole world is going to hear about the Novok deposit at the uranium conference.

I assume Uran will be there too doing press conferences.

drillfix
31-05-2008, 02:27 AM
fill me in please why did you say june 18th?

cheers allalnl (dragon)

Allalnl,

Because of this: http://www.ausimm.com.au/uranium2008/program.asp

U conference in S.A. on the 18th which will be of extreme interest.

Question, read that page and see who is coming to town?
Answer, the Czech's and the Ukrainians.

Why them? Because of us? Maybe, I think so, I hope so, I get it, it is So :D

sorry for the tongue twister, its late but I hope I have answered the question correctly for you~!

dragon
31-05-2008, 03:52 AM
thanks sp3 and driffix, interesting about the page on Novok it must be uran will be presenting this. cant wait for the good news!!!
PS have you guys spoken to kate since she arrive back?

Allalnl,

Because of this: http://www.ausimm.com.au/uranium2008/program.asp

U conference in S.A. on the 18th which will be of extreme interest.

Question, read that page and see who is coming to town?
Answer, the Czech's and the Ukrainians.

Why them? Because of us? Maybe, I think so, I hope so, I get it, it is So :D

sorry for the tongue twister, its late but I hope I have answered the question correctly for you~!

drillfix
31-05-2008, 04:23 AM
the page on Novok it must be uran will be presenting this. cant wait for the good news!!!
PS have you guys spoken to kate since she arrive back?

Allaln,

I cant speak for the others but I havent spoke to Kate, perhaps some others have though and if they have then perhaps they will make a post advising of this sometime over the weekend perhaps.

With regards to ifUran will be presenting. I dont think they are as it would surely say this on the itinerary on that link I posted, however it says this:

Novokonstantinovskoye Metasomatite Type Uranium Deposit
Y Bakarzhiyev

So I can only presume that: Y Bakarzhiyev will be promoting the project, talking and highlighting what the project was, currently is, and what it soon will be and with whom, ie: Uran.

It would be mad if they went and showcased the project without Uran being onboard or silently pretending to be involved.

Hence this is or should be, why and what news I would imagine we are going to hear prior to the obvious presentation(s) in June.

Thats my take on things anyways and either way, I could be wrong, I could be right, but time will tell. :p

Perhaps somebody can add their dialog to this matter??? Anybody care to add, agree or disagree??

sp3
31-05-2008, 07:56 PM
I believe the Ukraine government has removed Uran's last impediment.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/national/080528/n052891A.html

shasta
31-05-2008, 08:13 PM
I believe the Ukraine government has removed Uran's last impediment.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/national/080528/n052891A.html

There's been a fair few of them, over the last 12 months & this is good news.

Question is, will the market join the dots & work it out?

My guess is no, although a few shrewd holders here already have!

juqu
31-05-2008, 09:36 PM
So can we assume that the AEC will form part of the consortium for Novok, or at least have some input?

drillfix
31-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Question is, will the market join the dots & work it out?

Shasta, I think the market doesnt like the work of joining Dots.

IMO the market reacts best when everything is simple and spelled out with ease and the 2 + 2 = 4 effect type of thing.

We need Uran to give a clean, clear, precise worded Ann with some of that 2+2 added in for the market to fully understand.

It has always been a concern or fear of mine that Uran assumes the market knows and understands each move when the market clearly does not. It needs the 2+2 facts to give it some guidance with Uran (again IMO).

drillfix
31-05-2008, 11:03 PM
So can we assume that the AEC will form part of the consortium for Novok, or at least have some input?

Hi Juqu,

Who exactly are AEC that you are referring to?

juqu
01-06-2008, 12:15 AM
Hi Drillfix...............I refer to the Atomic Energy of Canada, as mentioned in the link from SP3.

drillfix
01-06-2008, 12:57 AM
Ahhhh I see, for a moment there I thought you meant the Australian Electrol Commission...:D:D

We need some news pretty fast IMO, now that we see Canadians in on the picture, no doubt there will be many Canadian Firms all ready to ROLL with a new adventure regardless of Uran so URA should not take for granted the Time Frames specified and really push hard to show the market that its foot is IN THE DOOR and READY.

cotik
01-06-2008, 11:30 AM
IMO the market reacts best when everything is simple and spelled out with ease and the 2 + 2 = 4 effect type of thing.

I love the maths, but nothing is that simple with Uran. I think we are dealing with real and imaginary numbers, so when we get news it will be more like:

2+2+i+i = 4+2i

or

2+2i+i = 2+3i

Hope that helps. :D

STRAT
01-06-2008, 11:48 AM
I love the maths, but nothing is that simple with Uran. I think we are dealing with real and imaginary numbers, so when we get news it will be more like:

2+2+i+i = 4+2i

or

2+2i+i = 2+3i

Hope that helps. :DOn past and current performance I would have thought

a+a+i+i =2a+2i
= :confused:

would be more appropriate :D

cotik
01-06-2008, 12:25 PM
I know that some people are thinking that NovoK will be in production later this year.

I don't believe that this will be the case in fact I think production will be in 4Q2009 or 1Q2010. This will allow uran to modify the mine design and introduce some of the latest mining techniques. Once production starts I think Uran will want to scale things up quite quickly, so I think the mine would be producing as much U3O8 as can be processed at Yellow Water. The facilities at the mill will probably also be scaled up over the next five years to cope with the increased production.

I estimate that Ukraine could be producing as much as 6Ktpa of U3O8 in the next five years and hopefully Uran will be playing a role in much of this production.

This is not a short term investment for me, the story is just about to start.

DYOR

drillfix
01-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Cotik, what about the 2 other smaller projects that Uran were originally promised with the JV, couldnt they be brought into production rapidly by using ISL once feasibility is complete??

Thats what I thought would happen or be first off the rank, however as patient as I and others have been on this, I would just like Uran to announce something Tangible the market so it can be rated accordingly meanwhile I feel like I am holding phantom stock with plenty of ghost tales :eek: that spooks off other investors until proven true via ASX announcement~! :rolleyes:

cotik
01-06-2008, 01:34 PM
Drillfix

ISL will be producing in six to nine months I would say. :)

drillfix
01-06-2008, 03:08 PM
Drillfix

ISL will be producing in six to nine months I would say. :)

Yes cotik thanks, I comprehend that however, are we talking about the 2 initial deposits first or others projects?

We need to have these initial 2 small projects onboard (ASAP) even before the mother of all projects in the consortium, IMO.

sp3
01-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Yes cotik thanks, I comprehend that however, are we talking about the 2 initial deposits first or others projects?

We need to have these initial 2 small projects onboard (ASAP) even before the mother of all projects in the consortium, IMO.

Drillfix
The smaller 2 projects will be first cab off the rank...very soon hopefully...followed by Novok.

I am expecting the 2 deposits to be in production by October 2008.

shasta
01-06-2008, 05:07 PM
I know that some people are thinking that NovoK will be in production later this year.

I don't believe that this will be the case in fact I think production will be in 4Q2009 or 1Q2010. This will allow uran to modify the mine design and introduce some of the latest mining techniques. Once production starts I think Uran will want to scale things up quite quickly, so I think the mine would be producing as much U3O8 as can be processed at Yellow Water. The facilities at the mill will probably also be scaled up over the next five years to cope with the increased production.

I estimate that Ukraine could be producing as much as 6Ktpa of U3O8 in the next five years and hopefully Uran will be playing a role in much of this production.

This is not a short term investment for me, the story is just about to start.

DYOR

Theres a fairly big "IF" there Cotik, just because Uran is compiling a proposal re the consortium doesn't mean we have it in the bag.

If fact the longer Uran takes to announce the 2 smaller deposits, the more i think we won't play a part in it.

I admire your confidence Cotik, but don't share it, as i've not read any article that suggests we are in fact wanted by the Ukrainians.

I sincerely hope you have the good oil & i'm wrong! ;)

axion
01-06-2008, 05:35 PM

2+2+i+i = 4+2i

or

2+2i+i = 2+3i

Hope that helps. :D

However Uran doesn't know about 'i', and instead has their numbers coming up as square roots of negative numbers, and the accountants don't have a clue how that's happening -- as you obviously can't square root a negative number, and it's all chaos.

sp3
01-06-2008, 05:43 PM
Shasta

The Novok project will involve several companies hence it will require some time to get it right. In regards to the 2 smaller deposits, its almost a done deal.

ps. If Cotik wasnt confident do you think he would still be holding his shares?

shasta
01-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Shasta

The Novok project will involve several companies hence it will require sme time to get it right. In regards to the 2 smaller deposits, its almost a done deal.

ps. If Cotik wasnt confident do you think he would still be holding his shares?

Without a project & decent spike, how would he get out without killing the share price?

Agree re the 2 smaller deposits, just cant wait til we hear about it!

drillfix
02-06-2008, 02:08 PM
Agree re the 2 smaller deposits, just cant wait till we hear about it!

Yes indeed Shasta, we really need to get some runs on the board here so once that happens the share price will follow. Even if we can double where we are from now is a start which still makes the stock under 0.50 cents.

This still would be cheap as chips for a stock that has 2 near term U production tenements that could be mined using ISL.

But then, as we all know, we need to get the runs counted on the board and that as too we know is up to management and the Ukraine Gov to bring the market up to speed.

IMO I think there should be some news or this PRIOR to any presentation at the South Aus U conference.

Adding to all this, reading the link sp3 gave and the Ukraine dudes doing presentations in Toronto basically saying "Come Invest in Ukraine we have plenty of Uranium tenements for everybody" means we really need to have our own yard tidied up. As these cashed up Canadians will work fast and potentially undermine our position here if we are not careful and QUICK.

Dont know how anybody feels about this but I sure do know that it makes me and my position in Uran more Nervous as I really dont want the rug pulled underneath us all~!

shasta
02-06-2008, 03:48 PM

Only 12,700 traded so far...

Pay up SP3 :D

sp3
02-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Only 12,700 traded so far...

Pay up SP3 :D

Ok Shasta...done.

shasta
02-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Ok Shasta...done.

Nice one....

Now we await for the ann ;)

ozelectro
02-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Hi Satori,

Will there be a company update this week?

ozelectro
02-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the clarification Satori.

I do look forward to the update.

drillfix
02-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Updates hey, hmmmmm, lets hope so and lets hope something positive.

Now, are a few a good questions:

With regards to the Ukrainians doing a presentation at the uranium conference here in Adelaide about Novok.

What exactly (about Novok) are they going to present?

Who (KH?) exactly invited them to come over to do a presentation at the U conf?

What good will a presentation (about Novok) do for the Ukrainians ?(why share it with the world?)

What would they expect to happen after the presentation (The ukrainians)?

Now this is presently assuming Uran ARE NOT in the mix, and if we hear something soon that is different and we are then the questions would be more obvious to answer as you could understand.

shasta
02-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Updates hey, hmmmmm, lets hope so and lets hope something positive.

Now, are a few a good questions:

With regards to the Ukrainians doing a presentation at the uranium conference here in Adelaide about Novok.

What exactly (about Novok) are they going to present?

Who (KH?) exactly invited them to come over to do a presentation at the U conf?

What good will a presentation (about Novok) do for the Ukrainians ?(why share it with the world?)

What would they expect to happen after the presentation (The ukrainians)?

Now this is presently assuming Uran ARE NOT in the mix, and if we hear something soon that is different and we are then the questions would be more obvious to answer as you could understand.

I gather there's still a few dots to join up Drillfix

Hopefully we learn more about them this week!

sp3
02-06-2008, 11:07 PM
Satori

No one knows (apart from insiders) how big this deposit is. Im not even sure if anyone at the conference has heard of Novok let alone Ukraine. Most delegates would think that Ukraine is still a communist regime. I doubt if anyone at the conference would think that Uran is connected with this project. The purpose of attending conferences is to NETWORK. This is the main reason why people attend conferences. I am suspecting that Uran will use this opportunity (ie the conference) to seek partners. I also suspect a spike in the share price during the course of the conference. (even if we still havent locked in any deals by then)

cotik
02-06-2008, 11:08 PM
Cotik, SP3 inparticular, I know you guys must see this upcoming conference as a magnificent opportunity.
Any ideas on how Uran might approach this?

Who ask or suggested that the Ukrainians to present at the conference on NovoK?

Has there ever been a presentation on NovoK in Australia in the last eight years (since planning started)?

Why did Uran mention NovoK and the possibility of a consortium?

Who is presenting in Adelaide? Ukraine or Uran connections?

Things will become much clearer very soon. ;)

As you say what an opportunity.

STRAT
02-06-2008, 11:22 PM
Satori

No one knows (apart from insiders) how big this deposit is. Im not even sure if anyone at the conference has heard of Novok let alone Ukraine. Most delegates would think that Ukraine is still a communist regime. I doubt if anyone at the conference would think that Uran is connected with this project. The purpose of attending conferences is to NETWORK. This is the main reason why people attend conferences. I am suspecting that Uran will use this opportunity (ie the conference) to seek partners. I also suspect a spike in the share price during the course of the conference. (even if we still havent locked in any deals by then)Hi SP3,
I would hope URA have something on paper before they put Novok and the Ukranine on parade.

drillfix
03-06-2008, 12:40 AM
Things will become much clearer very soon. ;)

As you say what an opportunity.

Cotik, all I can say to the above is that I hope you are right.

Been a while now that Uran has been seen as a High Risk speculative stock which with some real Clarity and Answers to previous questions and direction would be a huge relief. Not only for long term holders, but the new, switched on and market as a whole to be fully tuned.

Although the if there is no news of a deal before the conference, I wonder why in the world would Uran or management risk doing such a stunt when there is nothing locked in or announced, it would be like taken the Chicken Couple to the wolf pack.

Hence I can only hope you and others here are right~!

sp3
03-06-2008, 02:45 AM
This is my understanding of the Ukraine situation.

Uran has formed strong relationships with the Fuel and Energy Ministry. I have no idea if the Ukrainians will entertain other companies directly. Maybe the licensing agreement they have formed with Uran means that any uranium company wishing to do business in Ukraine must first be screened by Uran. I know this sounds like a stupid idea, but its probably the case.

For Uran to publically announce a potential role in Novok without securing an interest themselves does not make sense. Either Uran has been given a verbal nod that they will be participating in Novok or they have lost the plot.

ozelectro
03-06-2008, 03:08 AM
According to Uran, they will be well represented at the AusIMM conference. It should be interesting.

drillfix
03-06-2008, 03:44 AM
Uran has formed strong relationships with the Fuel and Energy Ministry. I have no idea if the Ukrainians will entertain other companies directly. Maybe the licensing agreement they have formed with Uran means that any uranium company wishing to do business in Ukraine must first be screened by Uran. I know this sounds like a stupid idea, but its probably the case.

Hmmmm, dont know about this being stupid but what reason is there to justify that a goverment agency would allow such process when there is no published or contractual evidence of Uran stating it is undertaking that role.

For Uran to publically announce a potential role in Novok without securing an interest themselves does not make sense.

Agreed, it doesn't really make much sense.
Hopefully we are going to hear something soon to confirm our concerns regarding this.

Either Uran has been given a verbal nod that they will be participating in Novok or they have lost the plot.

I think Uran Management would be fools to run a company with outcomes that rely upon verbal agreements, thus surely there is No Way this would be the case. Or maybe they have lost the plot.

Cotik you mentioned will Uran be doing the Presentation or will the Ukrainians or both?

This is very intriguing as there is not really that much time left before the company must either state its position within its previous statement/announcement.

I also wonder what and when the website will be ready and contain new, untold, messages of some sort.

ozelectro
03-06-2008, 01:06 PM
140k buyer... about time

cotik
03-06-2008, 04:21 PM
;) good start.

sp3
03-06-2008, 04:33 PM
it looks like the message is finally getting out

shasta
03-06-2008, 04:39 PM
it looks like the message is finally getting out

Close to 200k traded but the SP is only up 0.5c?

Is someone capping this & accummulating?

cotik
03-06-2008, 04:50 PM
Is someone capping this & accummulating?

I don't think so; most on offer could be taken out with one big buy order, too dangerous if you are accumulating.

Most of the buying is from the true believers. at this stage.

shasta
03-06-2008, 04:52 PM
I don't think so; most on offer could be taken out with one big buy order, too dangerous if you are accumulating.

Most of the buying is from the true believers. at this stage.

Question is, if it hit 27c earlier who is selling at 24.5/25c?

sp3
03-06-2008, 04:59 PM

its good to know that no-one is now willing to sell at 25c

drillfix
03-06-2008, 05:46 PM

Probably somebody that bought some small parcels at .21 or .22 cents

Lets see if those 4 sellers @ 0.280 for 134,208 are still around tomorrow :rolleyes:

drillfix
03-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Whats going on, even Zed is now in favour of the chart from a technical perspective..LOL

I see somebody called Chaddie is buying (from hc).

If it breaks the 27 on close I think somebody will start to Mop up options again too~!

cotik
03-06-2008, 06:03 PM
I see somebody called Chaddie is buying (from hc).

Don't believe anything you read on hc, I know it wasn't him.

sp3
03-06-2008, 07:45 PM
On a day when the ASX dropped 70+ points, URA increased 12% on very good volume (relative to its average daily volume for the past 6 months).

Should the 28c get taken out tomorrow, and I think it will, and traders get on board (hopefully not), the share price could go for a decent run.

I think the fence sitters will be making some important decisions tonight.

Well done to all holders.

cotik
03-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Hopefully the volume was not great enough to put it on day traders radar.

Anyway the chance will be done soon IMO. My Uran holding is showing a profit :)

dragon
03-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Sp3 i wonder who bought 140k this morning to setup up the rally. i suspect someone is trying to push sp up prior to the announcement. Also late rally last 1/2 hour of trading over 100k traded. Funny game playing hear!!!

cheers

On a day when the ASX dropped 70+ points, URA increased 12% on very good volume (relative to its average daily volume for the past 6 months).

Should the 28c get taken out tomorrow, and I think it will, and traders get on board (hopefully not), the share price could go for a decent run.

I think the fence sitters will be making some important decisions tonight.

Well done to all holders.

Dave1968
03-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Hopefully the volume was not great enough to put it on day traders radar.

Anyway the chance will be done soon IMO. My Uran holding is showing a profit :)

Well done, you must have had a pretty good buy price!

I dont remember what its like to be in the black on URA. Not that its a big deal, it'll only make it feel twice as good when it eventually does.

shasta
03-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Well done, you must have had a pretty good buy price!

I dont remember what its like to be in the black on URA. Not that its a big deal, it'll only make it feel twice as good when it eventually does.

Uran will have to move a tad higher for me to be in the black, thankfully not too much more :D

scorp57
03-06-2008, 08:18 PM
i am now in the black too...

i bought gradually on the way down and when the **** hit the fan, i accumulated heavily. alot of my holding was purchased sub 23c and alot of that was sub 20c...

good move selling ZFX for a profit at $16 and PEM at a profit at $4.10 to do so... geez i am feeling like a lucky man right now... which is different to how i have felt all year...

alot of my money went into RPM and BOW... i guess you gotta get it right some of the time...

i am hoping it is insiders buying today.... cant wait for the announcement. will be a great day in my investing life!!

shasta
03-06-2008, 08:42 PM
i am now in the black too...

i bought gradually on the way down and when the **** hit the fan, i accumulated heavily. alot of my holding was purchased sub 23c and alot of that was sub 20c...

good move selling ZFX for a profit at $16 and PEM at a profit at $4.10 to do so... geez i am feeling like a lucky man right now... which is different to how i have felt all year...

alot of my money went into RPM and BOW... i guess you gotta get it right some of the time...

i am hoping it is insiders buying today.... cant wait for the announcement. will be a great day in my investing life!!

You got out of PEM at a profit, nice work (i bailed at $3.56, small loss).

I see in the VPE top 20 shareholders is our very own Wolf...:eek:

In fact i've researched a few companies of late where Uran's Directors pop up in (not including MK).

ie, Ross Kennedy shows up in VML, an emerging Tungsten player...

Makes me wonder why they have such paltry holdings in Uran?

And i don't mean freebies either...

If there's no ASX issues (re insider trading pending an announcement etc), i'd like to see them buying some FPO's on market.

Would help "sell" the story to those watching on the sidelines

remy
03-06-2008, 10:18 PM
1 more cent to go till im in the black, ann must be soon!

shasta
03-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Well guys im in the red...just to change the storyline ;)

Good to see some of you doing well.

Agree, like to see Uran Directors invest in Uran.

Ross Kennedy and Tungsten eh? Maybe he sourced this opportunity (if it is one) in the US? Not that I want to spend valuable thread time on Tungsten!!!!

Looking at todays action, a lot picked up cheap when you think about it.

If you do Satori, check out the VML/PDZ threads Huang Chang (sp?) seems to be in the know.

sp3
03-06-2008, 11:30 PM
3 June 2008 | 13:43

Tymoshenko is delighted with VRU session

Voting in the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine has showed ability of the President, the government and the parliamentary coalition to joint work, Prime Minister of Ukraine Yulia Tymoshenko said.

“Today the President, the government, the majority in the parliament demonstrated real unity, ability to solve questions jointly,” Tymoshenko said on Tuesday in Kyiv.

“I believe that our big democratic team, regardless of some difficulties of the first period will overcome them and we will be able to find effective, balanced and long-awaited way of reforms of Ukraine,” the PM added.

She noted that the VRU adopted changes and amendments into the budget which were immediately signed by the President in VRU session hall.

ForUm

Discuss news in the Forum

juqu
04-06-2008, 12:15 AM
That IS good news SP3...............

scorp57
04-06-2008, 12:17 AM
shasta i purchased PEM for $2.70 more than 2 years ago... watched em run to $5.80 and then fall. when they hit $4.10 i was bearish on zinc and got of out ZFX and PEM with decent profits...

i got those 2 right. lets hope i have got it right with URA. been holding my first lot for about 18 months now, but have been contiually buying...my approach was right IMO because i never dived in... i bought a parcel, then the SP fell substantially, so i would buy small parcels untill the lows of 16c... hence my average... was hard to do, but i am very glad i did now...

shasta
04-06-2008, 12:19 AM
shasta i purchased PEM for $2.70 more than 2 years ago... watched em run to $5.80 and then fall. when they hit $4.10 i was bearish on zinc and got of out ZFX and PEM with decent profits...

i got those 2 right. lets hope i have got it right with URA. been holding my first lot for about 18 months now, but have been contiually buying...my approach was right IMO because i never dived in... i bought a parcel, then the SP fell substantially, so i would buy small parcels untill the lows of 16c... hence my average... was hard to do, but i am very glad i did now...

As you well no by now, we get the "green light ann" & we have ourselves a multibagger from the micro cap we currently have.

drillfix
04-06-2008, 12:36 AM
As you well no by now, we get the "green light ann" & we have ourselves a multibagger from the micro cap we currently have.

Yes shasta, many here have been waiting on this Green Light Ann for quite sometime.

Looks like the next leg up is on its way and now the options will start to look attractive to those thinking below 20 cents for some sort of entry point or trading (expiry 11 months + 2w).

ozelectro
04-06-2008, 01:35 AM
Although not directly relevant to Uran, it seems Ukraine are certainly looking to foreign investment.

State Land Committee Advocates Lifting Restrictions On Sales Of Non-Farmland To Foreign Investors (13:23, Monday, June 2, 2008)

Ukrainian News Agency

The State Committee for Land Resources advocates lifting of restrictions on the sale of non-farmland to foreign investors.

Chairman Volodymyr Voevodin gave the position of the state committee in an interview with the Biznes weekly.

"We are planning to introduce amendments to article 82 of the Land Code. The amendments, for example, extend a circle of persons allowed to purchase land plots," he said.

He specified that land plots would be allocated not only for business activities.

He said foreign investors would need no consent from the Cabinet of Ministers to take part in land auctions, if the amendments to article 82 are introduced.

As Ukrainian News earlier reported, early in the year, Economy Minister Bohdan Danylyshyn said it was necessary to allocate land to foreign investment to improve the investment environment in the country.

Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko has promised to investors the government would cut the term of allocation of non-farmland from 3-4 years to 3-4 months.

sp3
04-06-2008, 02:34 AM
UKRAINE: Nuclear Power Seen As the Answer to Russia
By Zoltán Dujisin

PRAGUE, Jun 2 (IPS) - Ukraine is embarking on a costly and inefficient path of nuclear development, hoping it will halt its energy dependence on Russia.

Critical voices are mounting over the feasibility and desirability of Kiev's 'Energy Strategy of Ukraine' released in March 2006 in the wake of a Russian-Ukrainian gas price war.

Ukraine then accused Russia of raising prices as punishment for Ukraine's pro-Western orientation, whereas Russia claimed it had no reason to keep subsidising gas for Ukraine.

Ukraine wants to replace gas with coal and nuclear energy, a plan that includes the construction of up to 22 new nuclear reactors by 2030.

Ukrainian environmental NGOs have criticised the government for not carrying out a broad public discussion before approving the plan.

"The strategy was written during the gas conflict, and the whole idea was to decrease dependency on Russian gas and completely stop using it," Olexi Pasyuk, energy expert at the National Ecological Centre of Ukraine told IPS.

"It's a very unrealistic plan in terms of cost. It was not thought in terms of economic efficiency but rather on how to fulfil energy needs," Pasyuk says. "Even Russia, which is going nuclear, does not plan to build as many reactors."

The plan would imply changing from gas to electricity in house heating, which would require enormous infrastructural investment in a country where every village has pipelines bringing gas.

"Even if it would work, Ukraine cannot have a full nuclear cycle. We have Uranium but you cannot simply use it since Russian technology is required for that," Pasyuk says. "This would still leave us dependent."

Ukraine has the largest volume of discovered Uranium in Europe, but the possibility of enriching it could be politically sensitive for other countries, as it would give it the capacity to build nuclear weapons.

Ukraine also lacks a solution to the issue of waste management, with much of it being sent to Russia for reprocessing. The plan also neglects ecological and energy efficiency questions.

Ukraine's economy is one of the most energy intensive in the world, and is three times more wasteful than the average level within the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD, a group of 30 wealthy nations).

According to the plan Ukraine's energy efficiency by 2030 would be at the present level of neighbouring Poland.

But a positive note in the recent gas spat with Russia is that since the eastern neighbour began increasing prices for oil, gas and uranium for nuclear fuel, there have been attempts at increasing energy efficiency.

The Ukrainian cabinet is not to thank for that: financial incentives and legislative conditions for improved energy efficiency and for developing renewable energies are lacking, according a Bankwatch report released in May. Ukraine's energy strategy also contradicts the country's European ambitions, leaving it half-way from the EU (European Union) goal of bringing the share of renewables in overall energy consumption to 20 percent by 2020.

Pasyuk is hopeful the ministry will back down on its plans. "Informally it is admitting reviewing the strategy, but officially they still deny any problems with it," he told IPS.

Bankwatch has also accused the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) of playing along with Ukraine's pro-nuclear plans by investing in infrastructure which further develops the country's nuclear industry.

The EBRD has hardly provided support to developing renewable energies, in contradiction with its own country strategy for Ukraine, in which it recognised great potential for wind, small hydro and biomass energy production in the country of 48 million.

In a bid to diversify sources, Ukraine's power utility Energoatom recently signed a deal with the U.S. company Westinghouse to import nuclear fuel.

Critics claim that in comparison with Russian fuel Westinghouse's is more expensive, of lower quality, and not tailored for Soviet-designed reactors, increasing risks.

Finnish and Czech nuclear plants had to stop using Westinghouse fuel in the past due to its incompatibility with Soviet-designed reactors.

The Ukrainian public is not enthusiastic over nuclear power ever since in 1986 a reactor of the Chernobyl nuclear plant (in Ukraine area) exploded, causing the biggest civilian nuclear catastrophe ever. But in spite of the Chernobyl tragedy, the nuclear industry remained stable throughout the country's transition from a Soviet republic to an independent state in 1991.

Between 1990 and 1993 the Ukrainian parliament imposed a moratorium on the commissioning of any new nuclear reactors, but power shortages in the early 1990s made nuclear energy attractive again.

Roughly half of current domestic electricity production is of nuclear origin, with the percentage increasing periodically.

While technical problems keep forcing frequent shut-downs at Ukrainian power plants, proponents of nuclear energy say safety has been continuously improving. Last March the Security Service of Ukraine admitted it was stepping up security at nuclear facilities due to instances of negligence. (END/2008)

Send your comments to the editor

juqu
04-06-2008, 10:35 AM
My opinion of Pasyuk is he is very anti nuclear, and the fact that he works privately for the European Union's Oil and Gas evaluation programmes nullifies his voice somewhat.
Despite that, there's no doubt likely to be much criticism as The Ukraine go down the Nuclear path. We all still remember Chernobyl, and we don't live anywhere near there.

sp3
04-06-2008, 01:17 PM
It looks like it may soon break out.

cotik
04-06-2008, 01:37 PM
It is going to be very difficult for anyone to get a reasonable stake without having to pay up. Only question is, will those selling sub 30c be 'saved' by an announcement.

drillfix
04-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Cotik, I think it depends on what type of announcement comes out.

If there is a Trading Halt then, Yup, they are saved, if it is fantastic/good news announcement then first reader will mop up all the way past 30 and who ever is in the way is gone.

Which to me, sounds wonderful~! :D

Ellroy80
04-06-2008, 03:21 PM
If there is a Trading Halt then, Yup, they are saved, if it is fantastic/good news announcement then first reader will mop up all the way past 30 and who ever is in the way is gone.

Which to me, sounds wonderful~! :D

Agree dF. It'll fly if everything up to 30 is taken out. Which I certainly won't complain about, I'm currently down 50% on the shares (but up about the same on the oppies, pity I've got more money in the heads than oppies though!).

drillfix
04-06-2008, 03:50 PM
Ellroy....lol
Now all we need is somebody who has some spare cash that likes one nice sized parcel at .28 cents and we will be on our way ;)

shasta
04-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Ellroy....lol
Now all we need is somebody who has some spare cash that likes one nice sized parcel at .28 cents and we will be on our way ;)

Just no momentum in URA at the moment, yesterday's small move hasn't lead to more support today, which is a shame...

drillfix
04-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Yes shasta, bit of a shame indeed.

Although, seems there is alot of movement going on with some other stocks which in case would/could explain some of the absence from traders/investors with URA regardless of what news is to come.

Even if I had some spare cash, there are a few stocks that I would want to be in on the barn dance.

Petty, cause I sure would like to get in and then Doe Cee Doe back to uran as potential news comes towards us :D

I guess its a case of many folk still think there is time and urans reputation for making announcements are know so, there we have it :rolleyes:

Ellroy80
04-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Ellroy....lol

Hehe I'll see what I can find in my wallet :)

Archer
04-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Hehe I'll see what I can find in my wallet :)

hey we could do a group whip around and form a consortium of our own to knock it over ! ;) A

drillfix
04-06-2008, 04:57 PM
hey we could do a group whip around and form a consortium of our own to knock it over ! ;) A

Sounds like a great idea Archer.

Then we would know exactly when all the announcements would be and have all sorts of insider buying...lol :D

archbald
04-06-2008, 05:33 PM
hello peeps

I got the boot from u know where so I thought I better pull my finger out and sign up

for some content: yesterday was pleasing to see and what I think is more pleasing is it was possibly cotik (or friends of) going in for more.

fingers crossed as a green light will make me seriously happy..........among others no doubt:D

drillfix
04-06-2008, 05:39 PM
I got the boot from u know where so I thought I better pull my finger out and sign up

Hi Archbald,

Welcome and another Uran refugee getting booted for such little deal.

Yes I am sure many here are sitting waiting for that green light, hopefully it will come before the 18th (u conference) and the stock can get some new and more one direction (UP).

Good to see ya Archald, keep posting and dont be a stranger here :)

archbald
04-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Hi Archbald,

Welcome and another Uran refugee getting booted for such little deal.

Yes I am sure many here are sitting waiting for that green light, hopefully it will come before the 18th (u conference) and the stock can get some new and more one direction (UP).

Good to see ya Archald, keep posting and dont be a stranger here :)

thanks, df, and good to see your still hanging in there

as for the other mob: I laughed at the suspension: they made out it was "f" word that was offensive whereas I maintain it was "the other site" that was considered the profanity lol :D:p

doesn't matta, cupla days, bloody bewdiful :cool:

cotik
04-06-2008, 06:03 PM
seems we have a reasonable size holder exiting at 26.5 and 27c. 20K to 30K sell orders appear when one order is completed. They are probably close to selling their position.

Nice to see weak hands gone before an update from the company.

sp3
04-06-2008, 09:52 PM
Well said Satori.

I believe URA is now in good hands because it is no longer a hotcopper flavour of the month stock. Every stock that gets lots of coverage on HC is doomed to fail.

Huang Chung
04-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Ross Kennedy and Tungsten eh? Maybe he sourced this opportunity (if it is one) in the US? Not that I want to spend valuable thread time on Tungsten!!!!

Hey Satori

Don't be too quick to knock tungsten. Very bright prospects for successful producers in the years ahead. I presume (but don't know) that Ross Kennedy might have introduced the tungsten angle to Uran, in view of his Directorship at Vital Metals. I have mentioned to Shasta previously that the reported grades of Uran's tungsten play are EXCEPTIONALLY good, but perhaps 'too' good, if you get my drift. If you ever decide to look into this metal a bit more, check out the 'Idiots Guide to Tungsten' thread here on ST.

Cheers H.C.

cotik
04-06-2008, 10:09 PM
What are we expecting in the next announcement?

I would hope the focus will be on the initial two projects in Ukraine and detail the terms of the agreement with Vostgok and any available data on the deposits. Hopefully we will also get a time line for development of the two deposits.

I am not expecting news in the near term on any other Ukrainian uranium deposits as I would imagine that there is still work to do in terms of negotiation with the various parties.

There are many things happening and while Ukraine may be the first cab off the rank IMO it's only a matter of time until other significant project follow in a variety of regions.

While I understand that many will wish to exit on the firsts spike in the share price, make sure you have done your research and don’t sell yourself short.

shasta
04-06-2008, 10:22 PM
What are we expecting in the next announcement?

I would hope the focus will be on the initial two projects in Ukraine and detail the terms of the agreement with Vostgok and any available data on the deposits. Hopefully we will also get a time line for development of the two deposits.

I am not expecting news in the near term on any other Ukrainian uranium deposits as I would imagine that there is still work to do in terms of negotiation with the various parties.

There are many things happening and while Ukraine may be the first cab off the rank IMO it's only a matter of time until other significant project follow in a variety of regions.

While I understand that many will wish to exit on the firsts spike in the share price, make sure you have done your research and don’t sell yourself short.

Selling in the first spike naw, i haven't waited this long to see it run hard when i'm out!

Maybe lighten the holdings a little when the SP is north of $1.

The first 2 Ukraine deposits/projects should achieve that ($1+), but the Novok project interests me, due to its huge potential & we should find out reasonably soon if we are to play a part in it...

Huang Chung
04-06-2008, 10:31 PM
Well, good luck with it all in any case....crikeys, you guys deserve a win based on the effort you've put in. :D

Just out of interest, you guys don't seem to post any details on each of these projects....eg for a given project, is there a proven resource?, tonnage, grade?, depth?, UG or OC?, does URA have to pay to get access?, does URA have to build a processing plant?......I won't even mention trivial things such as valuations (such as DCF).

Just though this information would be more readily discussed/debated, as like most things, the devil tends to be in the detail.

diamond h
04-06-2008, 10:32 PM
Gidday,
Would you believe that my 1st. investment into the sharemarket was on the 6th. of June 2007 . I read heaps and D.M.O.R. and then bought Uran at 55c .I have followed closely what has transpired since then and have held on and even bought more at 39c in June 2007 and a few more at 30c in November 2007.I cannot believe how lax this co. is towards its shareholders leaving them (us) clutching at straws with no updates and loose timeframes .You all seem to have faith that an annoucement within the next 2 weeks is a given. What if as is the norm we are still left without anything positive.? I was going to cash up and invest in junior oilers but continue to hang in there ,at least for the next two weeks.:confused:

shasta
04-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Well, good luck with it all in any case....crikeys, you guys deserve a win based on the effort you've put in. :D

Just out of interest, you guys don't seem to post any details on each of these projects....eg for a given project, is there a proven resource?, tonnage, grade?, depth?, UG or OC?, does URA have to pay to get access?, does URA have to build a processing plant?......I won't even mention trivial things such as valuations (such as DCF).

Just though this information would be more readily discussed/debated, as like most things, the devil tends to be in the detail.

HC - Go back to my post #618 re valuation etc

Oh & VostGOK own/run the Zheltye Vody processing plant in the Ukraine

Huang Chung
04-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Cheers guys.....seems like you're operating in a bit of an information vacuum. Good luck, and lets hope you get the announcement you're after in the next couple of weeks.

shasta
04-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Cheers guys.....seems like you're operating in a bit of an information vacuum. Good luck, and lets hope you get the announcement you're after in the next couple of weeks.

HC - To get the debate back on track, here's my post from (7/4/08)

Let me show you why i believe the $1+prediction will come to fruition.

I did post earlier saying this would be the FIRST ann of a series.

We need the ann that outlines the figures, tonnage, grades, depth etc along with a JORC resource before we can expect a big spike upwards.

Allow me to highlight what i believe the deal will contain.

Lets assume the JORC resource for the 2 deposits is 5,000T U308

Thats 11,000,000lbs & the spot U308 market rate is currently @ $US71

We know that the Uranium will be sold to the Ukraine Govt at a small discount to the prevailing market rate, so i'm going to assume 10%.

($US71 x 10%) = say $US65 & using a FX rate (AUD/USD @ 0.90)

11,000,000 x ($US65/0.90) = $A794m

The gross value of the 11m lbs = approx $A800m (nice round figure)

Lets assume the following:

1. It will take 5 years to process the 5000T, ie 1,000T per year
2. The JV is 50/50 - Uran/VostGok
3. Capex & Opex could be reduced by way of VostGok/Govt assistance?**
4. Uran will be required to fund the estimated $US25m* Capex to get its 50% share of the JV.

*I think Uran mentioned the $US25m figure a while ago.

(** We know VostGok has drills available & processing will be at Zheltye Vody which VostGok controls)

Using these assumptions, thats ($A800m/2 = 400m/ 5yrs = $80m p.a)

Thats the gross revenue, lets say 50% of that are costs, so $40m p.a

Lets say Uran has 100m shares fully dilluted (50m + options & non listed options).- rough estimate i know!

Lets say that Discovery Minerals Pty Ltd get 100m shares, so thats 200m. (Highly doubtful they will get more than 50m, but lets run with it)

Lets say Uran raises the $25m (min) via an AIM listing/Placement/SPP

I'll "assume" Uran having released all JORC figures to the ASX, places another 100m shares (between 25c* & 50c??? - to get a min $US25m).

This would mean Uran have around 300m on issue (as an example)

For simplicity lets say Uran drain another $A10m on overheads & other opportunities.

If we extrapolate this out, we have:

Uran NPBT of $30m (not sure of tax losses c/fwd, ill ignore it for now!)

Earnings per share = 30m/300m = EPS 10c x PE 10 = Share price $1 on a Market Cap of $300m.

(Ive tried to use conservative figures here!)

No listed Uranium producer around the world has a market caps less than a $A billion, but this is a small project to start with.

I would think $300m is reasonable given i've seen valuations use a rough $US30/lb for JORC resources (which would be 11m X $US30 /FX 0.90 = $A366m)

Note, all these figures are MY assumptions only, please DYOR.

Now that i've put this out in the open, feel free to pull it apart! :D

Huang Chung
04-06-2008, 11:09 PM
Hi Shasta...I did go back and read the post.

Your line..... 'We need the ann that outlines the figures, tonnage, grades, depth etc along with a JORC resource before we can expect a big spike upwards' certainly sounds on the mark, along with a feasibility study incorporating allowances for capital expenditure, processing costs, tonnage/grade trade-off preferences etc etc, for EACH project.

I apologise if I've temporarily derailed your normal conversation, but to the casual observer (me), it seems that the awarding of the project to URA is the 'holy grail'.....maybe it is, but getting some detail on the worth (or not) of these projects would, for me, be far more comforting.

All in time I guess.

scorp57
04-06-2008, 11:30 PM
Huang- your points are totally valid...

but i think you are missing the point a little bit...i talk to people all the time who dont understand the U sector (not that i am a U genius or anythin) but they dont seem to be impressed by the URA story... even still with an ann imminent...

main points for me include

/MARKET CAP OF $14 MILLION????
/AT LEAST 2 PROJECTS IN THE UKRAINE ON THEIR WAY TO CONFIRMATION
/NO OTHER U PRODUCER IN THE WORLD HAVING MARKET CAP OF LESS THAN $1 BILLION
/POSSIBLE NOVOK CONSORTIUM (HUGE RESOURCE!!!)
/MANY OTHER PROJECTS QUITE POSSIBLE IN MANY OTHER COUNTRIES...
/COULD EVENTUALLY BE A WELL DIVERSIFIED U COMPANY IN MANY DIFFERENT REGIONS
/NO NEW MINING OF U IN AUSTRALIA!!!!

thats not to mention tungsten etc...

market cap of $14 million is a joke to me... but hey its helped me accumulate over time... and i now have a decent parcel that is finally in the black (for now anyways)

juqu
04-06-2008, 11:49 PM
I like your figures Shasta, very positive...............Spot price of U varies a fair bit depending on which site you go to. (Ranging from $60 USD a pound to $74). And I'm led to believe the majority of Uranium is sold at contract prices anyway, which are generally higher.
One thing I will mention is that when ISL is used to get the product out of the ground, it is generally accepted that between 60 and 80% of the "good stuff" comes out in the first twelve months.
Now I'm not for one minute assuming that if Uran get the go ahead for the two deposits they will drill the entire area and begin extraction...............but depending on the availability and suitability of the drills and equipment supplied, (still rather ambiguous), it may be possible to get more tonnes, ($$$$$) out of the ground over the first twelve to eighteen months than what you've budgeted for, (1000T per year).
Ergo.............maybe less dilution down the track if they get a piece of Novok and need capital.

Ellroy80
05-06-2008, 12:05 AM

Hehehe I've got $70 in the wallet, that'll get me about 250 shares!! Hahaha.

BTW some good discussion going on tonight.

drillfix
05-06-2008, 01:15 AM
Hi guys and gals,

Yes some good discussion and mild debate about some IF and What Nots etc etc.

I agree with cotik, it would be not very wise to plan to sell off too fast and too eager as there is alot there to digest (eventualy) once a full research of all projects and opportunities have been done.

But saying that, there is alot that also is confusing for those who dont understand Uran and what it Has or May Have etc etc.

It is this very thing that makes people back off and not openly jump in due to the previous Lack of Disclosure and transparency, Lack of Grades, Tonnage and Percentage of which Project that is actually Signed Sealed and Delivered.

These are the things which I think Huang is talking about.

How I see it, Huang isnt bagging the stock however there still are some very Simple and Valid Questions that still require full disclosure and Answers.

To answer this, we need News or Announcements from the company which once one set or announcement comes out, will enable more clarity on the companies worth and commitment and participation of what Value it will be.

Anyways, good talk, and as always, lets hope we hear something SOON so we need to talk less about what we are talking about and this will enable us to talk about Grades/Tonnage/Percentage's/Projects/Costs/Expenditure/Profits etc etc and all the rest of the bells and whistles we can think of.

Cheers for now all :)

drillfix
05-06-2008, 02:33 AM
main points for me include

/MARKET CAP OF $14 MILLION????
/AT LEAST 2 PROJECTS IN THE UKRAINE ON THEIR WAY TO CONFIRMATION
/NO OTHER U PRODUCER IN THE WORLD HAVING MARKET CAP OF LESS THAN $1 BILLION
/POSSIBLE NOVOK CONSORTIUM (HUGE RESOURCE!!!)
/MANY OTHER PROJECTS QUITE POSSIBLE IN MANY OTHER COUNTRIES...
/COULD EVENTUALLY BE A WELL DIVERSIFIED U COMPANY IN MANY DIFFERENT REGIONS
/NO NEW MINING OF U IN AUSTRALIA!!!!

Scorp,

This is the same for many here too.

But without any confirmation from the company to the market, the above is meaningless and only talk. And AI think it is that talk which steers investors away until there is something ACTUALLY REAL or Confirmed in Stone.

Happy to hold and when it does come, many here dont need to be in the Cue to get a hold of some. We just need to be patient and let those who want in to eventually chase our stock to whatever price.
(that is, providing we get our confirmaton)

ozelectro
05-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Surprise surprise, a mini-run and it gets sold back down. Sellers are desperate.

Now where is this update

shasta
05-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Shasta

Thats just the 2 Ukraine projects and you have certainly diluted the bejesus out of it in that process ;)

Of course Novok is bigger than those 2 projects...much much bigger..perhaps 20+ times bigger (A consortium sort of suggests that in itself)

While I appreciate your effort and explanation I think you are projecting wayyyy forward and (im sure you are deliberately aware of this) not taking into account in your valuation the share price as it moves strongly upwards on less than 100 million shares on the register...or 1/3 of what you have stated.

Novok will blow that valuation out of the water. Lets also assume that a consortium bid is within months...say 3 months.
We are not going to get too much dilution in that time....

Kind of brings home the potential for $3 plus valuations in 2008 I reckon.

And that does not take into account 'other' Ukraine projects or any other project/s Uran is negotiating or will acquire.

So respectfully I think your valuation is way off the mark :)

Satori

I did mention it was a conservative valuation, & yes i heavily dilluted it to ensure it was ultra conservative!

Half the # of shares to 150m, & it doubles the SP to $2. :)

The original post was to highlight how i could "justify" a SP of $1 (bear in mind we didnt know about Novok in April!).

I'm interested in others challenging the valuation approach & providing more assumptions...

PS, I hope MK's assumptions are closer than mine!

drillfix
05-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Yes Oz,

Either Tax selling or somebody knows of something, or doesnt know of something, OR just plainly wants out.

Which one is it, ( all of it maybe?) who knows but there is one thing for certain:
If Uran doesnt make some kind of announcement of what the status of re-projects or developments then it will be sold down, Simple as that.

So much for what looked like was going up~!:confused:

Dave1968
05-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Yes Oz,

Either Tax selling or somebody knows of something, or doesnt know of something, OR just plainly wants out.

Which one is it, ( all of it maybe?) who knows but there is one thing for certain:
If Uran doesnt make some kind of announcement of what the status of re-projects or developments then it will be sold down, Simple as that.

So much for what looked like was going up~!:confused:

Drill, at least we wont be able to complain that we never had enough buying opportunities. ;)

drillfix
05-06-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm interested in others challenging the valuation approach & providing more assumptions...

PS, I hope MK's assumptions are closer than mine!

Shasta you have done an extremely well job to take in the many factors and also be conservative.

I too like many also hope that MK's assumption is also closer, but then I dont trust MK as far as a could throw him.

drillfix
05-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Drill, at least we wont be able to complain that we never had enough buying opportunities. ;)

LOL, yes Dave indeed it is. And this is so also true for the many others here too which means, it there for all to participate in, should folks feel the need.

Anybody feeling extremely wealthy and feel like bumping the SP to over .30 cents, (just because you can) :D

Huang Chung
05-06-2008, 08:01 PM
It is this very thing that makes people back off and not openly jump in due to the previous Lack of Disclosure and transparency, Lack of Grades, Tonnage and Percentage of which Project that is actually Signed Sealed and Delivered.

These are the things which I think Huang is talking about.

How I see it, Huang isnt bagging the stock however there still are some very Simple and Valid Questions that still require full disclosure and Answers.

To answer this, we need News or Announcements from the company which once one set or announcement comes out, will enable more clarity on the companies worth and commitment and participation of what Value it will be.

Evening fellas,

Correct Drill, I'm not bagging the stock, because frankly I don't know enough about it to cast any valid judgement. This is a combination of me not researching it, as well as the obvious lack of detail coming from the company.

The basic argument of a potentially large resource and low market cap is interesting, and is the same basic premise that I use with my speculative holdings....Having said that, the lack of detail from the company would kill me. I like to look at the ducks guts of projects..... depth, grade, plant layouts, by-products, contaminants, maps of the mineralised zones, mine design, equipment to be used etc, etc......almost have to taste it. It absolutely amazes me how you guys have so much to talk about when these is so little detailed imformation out there!

So, whilst I love the detail, you guys are obviously 'big picture'....different strokes for different folks as they say.

I might even jump onboard some day.....but only when management start reporting the detail.

Good luck to all of you. ;)

drillfix
05-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Hi Huang,

The lack of detail has been killing most of us, for quite a long time or there abouts.

The obvious lack of detail coming from the company, is certainly one of the reasons which has stopped many potential investors (like yourself) getting in or getting on board so to speak.

The crazy part of all this is:
By the time all the ducks guts of depth, grade, plant layouts etc etc etc come out for all to see, the share price will no longer be sitting like a poor dog on death row down at the RSPCA :D

That is the nature of the beast though.

Looking back and ahead at all the blue sky potential here, I think to myself would I buy in again?

I would say , Yes sure would, or at least a smaller parcel with only about 10% of my portfolio or there abouts.

It would mean that the risk of buying in now has more upside compared to having previously bought.

I would also buy on strength of information available, building on the certainty rather than speculation, however as previously mentioned, when the information that makes it cut and dry comes, the shareprice will be in fast forward mode once the details are there, or the Food is on the Table as one would say :D

shasta
05-06-2008, 10:44 PM
Drillfix

I will be VERY interested to see what Uran have to say on tomorrows announcement.

We know Czech will be updated...but how much and what projects?

We do need Ukraine updates tomorrow. DEFINITELY on 2 projects at the very least.

I think that based on the Consortium comments mentioned weeks ago, and considering the uranium conference is 2 weeks out with the project (Novok) being the focus of that, we would want some further clarification there.....at the very least a mention of it.

I think its important 'Uran' state the connections to that conference, not our resident Sherlocks who do their best to unearth these facts.

In simple and respectful terms, Kate Hobbs and Pat Ryan we need you to start SPELLING OUT a little more than you have been.

No need to drop secrets or breach confidentiality....just a little bit more 'intention' and 'management' of this company so shareholders and the wider market can get a much better appreciation of the 'potential' that is Uran.

Tomorrow?

Is this cast in stone? :eek:

drillfix
05-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Tomorrow?

Is this cast in stone? :eek:

Good question Shasta.

Satori,
No matter what the case may be here, Uran need to give some updates and respectably before any U conference.

This company cannot continue to run on Rumour or Speculation of what state of Secret negotiations.

At some stage of its listed life IT WILL HAVE TO put the food on the table so to speak.
This way shareholders and the market all as one can see what exactly we have.

I don't know if we will get some Ann tomorrow, but I do know this, we (the Uran Shareholders) deserve to be treated better than we have in the past. All this must change in the future IMO or should I say Near distant future~!

juqu
05-06-2008, 11:03 PM
Spot on Drillfix.........................I reckon there's enough information floating around now for potential investors to make an informed decision.
The horse will really bolt once the gate is opened. I'm very glad, (at this stage), I ignored the doomsayers over the last few months and continued to buy the options. I mean..........how good a buy were the options at 5 to 7 cents? We will see in the coming weeks.

whirly
05-06-2008, 11:29 PM
Ive been reading this thread for months and I have done my own too. Looks promising should it play out as some sort of intrigue of secrets, a beautiful and powerful woman named Kate ;)) and all the while a subplot of a mysterious group of savvy international investors driving the shareprice up and down. And we didn't even get to the whole nuclear Ukrainian thing yet.

I think I might buy some just to be part of the action.:)

W

drillfix
06-06-2008, 12:08 AM
I think I might buy some just to be part of the action.:)

Now thats the Spirit Whirly, sometimes its also the best way without the worry or stress of being up or down but just plain and simple as you put it, Part of the action :p

Juqu, yes mate those options a while back where a bargain.
any cheaper and they would have had FREE written on them IMO...lol :rolleyes:

Whirly,

some sort of intrigue of secrets, a beautiful and powerful woman named Kate

Now that is probably one Thread of one Forum that I am sure Kate would love to Read...lol.

How about send her an email and charm her like that to see if she can leak any info about Grades and Volume and this way Huang would be more intrigued too....:D

Huang Chung
06-06-2008, 12:21 AM
Now your talkin' drill!

Hey Whirly, you know Shasta's avatar isn't Kate, don't you?

drillfix
06-06-2008, 03:52 AM
I will be VERY interested to see what Uran have to say on tomorrows announcement.

We do need Ukraine updates tomorrow. DEFINITELY on 2 projects at the very least.

In simple and respectful terms, Kate Hobbs and Pat Ryan we need you to start SPELLING OUT a little more than you have been.

Satori,
I agree that we should get some info spelled out clearly and even promptly.

But knowing this company and its ways, I would honestly be surprised if we actually do get something announced. Why do I think this? Probably because they are good at not saying anything which in turn makes them a shocker at public relations.

I hope I am wrong and we hear something as you say, but I ain't gonna hold my breath.

As you say, at the very least they should explain themselves regarding to them and their role with the Ukrainians and Czechs but most of it is stuff we already know.

And as you also say, what we do need is the stuff we dont know and have waited ages.

Looks like cotik and sp3 have taken a day or so off from comments.

Whats your take on the Ukrainians presentation and the position with uran.

Who is who and what is who for what and who for both where and when???? lol

ritchie
06-06-2008, 08:00 AM
how much are the options to exercise when that day comes....plse

shasta
06-06-2008, 08:39 AM
how much are the options to exercise when that day comes....plse

18.04c on 24/5/09 (were 20c but the in specie distribution of GTE changed this)

STRAT
06-06-2008, 08:55 AM
I reckon there's enough information floating around now for potential investors to make an informed decision.
.Hi juqu.
Reckon not, I cant think of any company where this is more so not true. There is enough speculative thoughts and chatter to fill an oil tanker. If there was even half a cup of concrete info out there the share price would be double but that said it sure is fun speculating on. :D

juqu
06-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Agree on the chatter Strat, hoever I disagree when you say there is no concrete information.
I'm not going to go through the whole list now, (Satori is much better at this than me).
We know Uran has an agreement with Vostgok for the initial two deposits. We know we are very close to a start date. We know there is Uranium there, (we may not know exactly how much, but if they thought the deposits were viable when the U price was sitting around 20 dollars a pound, then that's good enough for me).
At this stage my focus is on these two deposits. It has been from the time I first bought in. Any other information relating to further projects would be a bonus.

drillfix
06-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Guys this is where we all start to go round and round with discussion.

It is true on both sides of the coin though, being:

1. There are a lot of worded documents around with Uran's involvement and potential along with actions that POINTS towards some tangible projects in a few different countries over that neck of the woods (FSU countries).

but

2. There is a lack of Fact written on paper where it shows Grades, Volumes, Costs and other Chicken Guts so to speak as Huang kindly puts it..lol

There are believers and non-believers about whether it will all happen or all come together, however we are close to finding out some details that can change the whole landscape for Discussion and more importantly, for the Company and its SP.

All I can say is that, when we have some ingredients, I will say THANK GOD and (about time you bluddy Maniac of a Teaser) for that.

We all have common goals in this and each have our separate circumstances that affects each of us but together we Wait (as always) for information surrounding the ingredients of our investment.

Anyways, doesn't look like any news on the table today or this week so we can only presume next week, or the week after, or the month after.

Back to a previous thought that we have discussed:

If the Ukrainians do a presentation on Uran's invitation to the U conference and there is no information given to shareholders or the markets, then this is like Taking the Chicken Coupe' to the Wolf Den .

As an investor in Uran, not knowing Kate's or the boards plan on this is so called Strategy and purpose makes me nervous.

Is it only me, or does Nobody else feel this way at all too??? :confused:

Archer
06-06-2008, 04:20 PM
well we've got something of an update - new employee unlisted option ex 2012 40c and 60c
reckon its for the new geo _ lets hope he really pulls his finger out -gets the Ukraine figures in
and that this isn't the only update we get this week. :confused: A

cotik
06-06-2008, 04:22 PM
I understand that the company hoped to have an announcement out earlier this week, but they are working through a great deal of data that they have been given.

I am not sure when the announcement will come, but I would think we are probably looking at next week now as I know the company is not keen on Friday afternoon announcements.

Happy to wait a few more days, what an opportunity to buy a stock that is almost certain to more than double in the coming weeks.

suntboy
06-06-2008, 04:30 PM
yahoo guys

Finally an announcement

LOL

archbald
06-06-2008, 05:20 PM
I understand that the company hoped to have an announcement out earlier this week, but they are working through a great deal of data that they have been given.

I am not sure when the announcement will come, but I would think we are probably looking at next week now as I know the company is not keen on Friday afternoon announcements.

Happy to wait a few more days, what an opportunity to buy a stock that is almost certain to more than double in the coming weeks.

I'm inferring from your first sentence that they are good to go and are just compiling/crunching/detailing before enlightening the rest of us. But if this were the case I would have thought a trading halt would be appropriate, unless they are very comfortable with their new-found levels of secrecy not being compromised :p This mob's so tight now the CIA would have trouble finding out anything. Perhaps some waterboarding will do the trick :p I'll get the bucket :cool:

STRAT
06-06-2008, 05:22 PM
yahoo guys

Finally an announcement

LOLYes, yes. I just got in to see URA up and the little square beside the ticker. Imagine my excitement. Then I clicked on it and............ Oh well, tomorrow, no strike that. Tuesday is another day :rolleyes:

Oh and Archbald I have a hose if you need one ;)

shasta
06-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Yes, yes. I just got in to see URA up and the little square beside the ticker. Imagine my excitement. Then I clicked on it and............ Oh well, tomorrow, no strike that. Tuesday is another day :rolleyes:

I just got home & saw on the ASX ticker we had an announcement....:eek:

Damn :mad:

Satori was right though, we got an ann :D

STRAT
06-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Satori was right though, we got an ann :DLOL Shasta. You arent gonna let Satori off that easy are you? :D

drillfix
06-06-2008, 05:39 PM

Sounds good Cotik,

I was going to say, why dont management just say announce that they have received data and will present it to the market in a easy to understand data format within the next week, just like you say? Instead of worrying whether there is an ann or not. Just a brief 1 page infomercial would have been plenty :)

Looking forward to next week though, although I was hanging out for today also, but glad I trusted my intuition on the timing and release factor~!

You reckon double? Depending what the exact news is, it may triple, who knows, but I will be happy as long as it gives further info :p

STRAT
06-06-2008, 05:49 PM
I was going to say, why dont management just say announce that they have received data and will present it to the market in a easy to understand data format within the next week, :pHi Drillfix, this is an important point and URA have a lot to learn about selling themselves to Mr Market. Even if news comes and the facts speak for themselves a bit of fanfare will only add value if done right. I certainly hope they dont pay Purple Com any more than what they are worth each year. Im thinking about $2.99c should cover it

shasta
06-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Hi Drillfix, this is an important point and URA have a lot to learn about selling themselves to Mr Market. Even if news comes and the facts speak for themselves a bit of fanfare will only add value if done right. I certainly hope they dont pay Purple Com any more than what they are worth each year. Im thinking about $2.99c should cover it

Alright fess up whoever it was that dumped there stock in disgust :D

STRAT
06-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Alright fess up whoever it was that dumped there stock in disgust :DLOL not me mate, I love this little longshot:cool:

Dave1968
06-06-2008, 06:52 PM

Not keen on friday afternoon announcements? I'd say they're not keen on monday, tuesday, wednesday or thursday announcements either.:cool:

shasta
06-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Not keen on friday afternoon announcements? I'd say they're not keen on monday, tuesday, wednesday or thursday announcements either.:cool:

May need the weekend to proof read & count all the zero's in what Novok's worth to them! :D

drillfix
06-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Monday, tues, wed, thurs, fri, ANNs are always rare...lol

Perhaps they should just do Quarterly Anns like THIS...lol

Q1 2007 = Good
Q2 2007 = Bad
Q3 2007 = Worst
Q4 2007 = Horrific

Q1 2008 = Bad
Q2 2008 = Good
Q3 2008 = Much Better
Q4 2008 = Excellent

Archer
06-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Monday, tues, wed, thurs, fri, ANNs are always rare...lol

Perhaps they should just do Quarterly Anns like THIS...lol

Q1 2007 = Good
Q2 2007 = Bad
Q3 2007 = Worst
Q4 2007 = Horrific

Q1 2008 = Bad
Q2 2008 = Good
Q3 2008 = Much Better
Q4 2008 = Excellent

reads well drill - all we need to know really - or at least I was told that by the chair on one occasion . They really must think we're stupid! A

sp3
06-06-2008, 07:52 PM
We've waited so long for an acquisition in Ukraine, what's the big deal if we dont get one in the next week or two. When it is finally done, Im sure the share price will take care of itself and we will all be in the black.

Satori
Your email you posted here indicated there will be an update re Czech. Is that correct? I wish we dont get an update re Czech because evertime we do get an update it is always negative news:)

Archer
06-06-2008, 08:02 PM
[QUOTE=sp3;204999]We've waited so long for an acquisition in Ukraine, what's the big deal if we dont get one in the next week or two. When it is finally done, Im sure the share price will take care of itself and we will all be in the black.

You're quite right SP3 - i was just sounding off in a fit of pique!
i can wait a bit longer - will be worth it. A:o

h2so4
06-06-2008, 08:31 PM

Saturdays fine with me.:)

sp3
06-06-2008, 10:35 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7439676.stm

shasta
06-06-2008, 10:39 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7439676.stm

Oh dear...

Thats the last thing we would need! :(

dragon
06-06-2008, 10:48 PM
we dont need this now please!!!!

sp3
06-06-2008, 10:51 PM
Oh dear...

Thats the last thing we would need! :(

Im not sure of the implications but I doubt it will have an impact on deals.

shasta
06-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Im not sure of the implications but I doubt it will have an impact on deals.

Last time the Ukraine didnt have a majority Govt, Uran went into a 6 month hibernation period.

It may not mean our deposits are in danger, but possibly further delays.

Lets just hope common sense prevails over there & they work this out.

juqu
06-06-2008, 11:10 PM
This has been my biggest fear since the start....................lets hope the government can hold together until Uran can at least confirm a deal.
Perhaps this is why there was no update this week..............Uran may be a little unsure of where they stand.

juqu
06-06-2008, 11:36 PM
Doesn't take long for the vultures to start circling............

http://eng.for-ua.com/news/2008/06/06/135242.html

COLIN
06-06-2008, 11:41 PM
I don't think I have ever seen a thread with so much desperation written all through it. You chaps should forget about your obsessive fixation with this pie-in-the-sky, take a cold shower, and then switch your attention to something more sure-fire such as the CSG and UCG stocks out there; there are several of those where I have doubled my money in just a few weeks.
You're all going to end up as nervous wrecks otherwise.

shasta
07-06-2008, 12:19 AM
I don't think I have ever seen a thread with so much desperation written all through it. You chaps should forget about your obsessive fixation with this pie-in-the-sky, take a cold shower, and then switch your attention to something more sure-fire such as the CSG and UCG stocks out there; there are several of those where I have doubled my money in just a few weeks.

Theres a lot of hype on ST about CSG, in particular the specs with no reserves having there SP shoot up based on people blindly jumping in....

Go read how many drills RPM have done to date?

...and people are talking 1TCF, & SP > $1-$2.50 - get real!

There's a bit too much excitement & multibagger talk on CSG at the moment, with everyone seemingly thinking it's all easy money!

CSG isn't the only source of energy (especially its low recovery rates!), although UCG does have good recovery rates in comparison.

How many have done ANY research on the effects of carbon taxes on coal, conventional gas etc?

Uranium will become a growing source of energy in the future, it's the most efficient form of energy & the only truly clean & green option!

Most Uran holders here have been sitting & waiting for the Ukraine deposits to be released for a long time & know whats around the corner.

I have Uranium, CSG (+ conventional O&G), Iron Ore/Potash/Lithium & Alternative Energy in my portfolio for a balanced Energy/Alternative Energy mix to cover as many bases as i can.

Well done on doubling your money over the last few weeks...:)

Some of us have a longer time frame on investing & don't blindly chase stocks that have run, those who have made there money in CSG now seem to think it's all too easy & throw FA/TA out the window!

To come on this thread & boo hoo Uran, when stocks like RPM are getting ramped to bits is poor form, & i thought you were better than that.

Especially after i posted an overview for you, devoid of any "hype".

Uran are soon* to announce the details of the 2 Uranium deposits to the market, plus an update on there other projects, ie Czech Republic etc...

* = soon being "at any time"

We are talking a share of a project worth many multiples of its current market cap & potential involvement in a massive Uranium deposit (Novok)

Uran will easily beat the likes of RPM past a $2.50 SP. :p

I sleep easy at night BTW, & there are NO sure fire things in this game!

sp3
07-06-2008, 12:25 AM
http://unian.net/eng/news/news-255141.html

http://unian.net/eng/news/news-255152.html

axion
07-06-2008, 12:37 AM
Theres a lot of hype on ST about CSG, in particular the specs with no reserves having there SP shoot up based on people blindly jumping in....

TBH I've been wanting to say something about this for a couple of days now. Reading the RPM thread just gets uncomfortable at times with so much optimism floating around. However, I haven't done any research on CSG yet (I intend to spend the mid year break reading up about it, as I believe bermuda is competent and if he thinks theres something there then there is probably something there), so perhaps it is nothing but blue skies.

Also, I don't think you should kid yourself, (IMO) if a share doubles in a couple of weeks it was more than likely somewhat risky.

Anyway, I don't think many people in this thread are under any illusions. I personally have said time and time again I'm happy to take a gamble on this.

Dave1968
07-06-2008, 12:39 AM
Storm in a tea cup.

juqu
07-06-2008, 01:28 AM
I'm off to bed...............

http://eng.for-ua.com/news/2008/06/06/152537.html

ozelectro
07-06-2008, 02:01 AM

Mate you haven't seen desperate until you've seen me out at 5am Sunday morning.

sp3
07-06-2008, 02:26 AM
6 June 2008 | 17:14

Yushchenko is fully confident in coalition

President Viktor Yushchenko doesn’t consider that the withdrawal of two people’s deputies from the coalition indicates its collapse. As ForUm’s correspondent reports, the Head of Ukrainian State stated in his interview to journalists in Strelne on Friday,

‘This is not a legal reason to speak about the coalition collapse,’ said Viktor Yushchenko.

According to the President, ‘parliamentary majority is functional and keeps working’. Yushchenko called people’s deputies to consolidate their work in the coalition. According to him, today’s actions of the two people’s deputies can not be even considered in the corresponding institutions.

As earlier reported, on Friday two people’s deputies, Ihor Rybakov (BYuT) and Yuriy But (OU-PSD), withdrew from the coalition.

ozelectro
07-06-2008, 02:27 AM
[06.06.2008 15:51]
President sees no grounds for Coalition to break apart

When asked at his press availability in Russia about the situation with two deputies withdrawal from the Democratic Coalition President Victor Yushchenko stressed that the fact provides no ground for the Coalition to break apart. “There are no legal grounds to speak about break-up of the Coalition”, - he emphasized, according to the President`s press-office.

He also expressed assurance that the majority in the Parliament remains capable of working and would continue its work.

archbald
07-06-2008, 04:52 AM
[06.06.2008 15:51]
President sees no grounds for Coalition to break apart

When asked at his press availability in Russia about the situation with two deputies withdrawal from the Democratic Coalition President Victor Yushchenko stressed that the fact provides no ground for the Coalition to break apart. “There are no legal grounds to speak about break-up of the Coalition”, - he emphasized, according to the President`s press-office.

He also expressed assurance that the majority in the Parliament remains capable of working and would continue its work.

there's no shortage of customers at least if they ever get this show on the road:

NEW DELHI: Acute shortage of uranium is badly hitting power generation in the six nuclear plants in the country as the generation is not even half of the current total installed capacity of 3,770 MW. Though the Government is working on new initiatives, the demand for uranium, which is going to shoot up in the coming years to meet the nuclear power generation goal of 20,000 MW by 2020, could be met only from “external sources,” said Union Minister of State for Power Jairam Ramesh.

“Against the installed nuclear capacity of 3770 MW, only 45-50 per cent of it is being utilised due to scarcity of uranium, with some plants not able to generate even 30 per cent of its capacity. Ironically, two new units — 220 MW unit of Kaiga IV in Karnataka and 220 MW unit of the Rajasthan Atomic Power [RAP] station — are lying idle due to the same reason,” Mr. Ramesh told The Hindu.
Bleak scenario

It would take at least another six months to make them operational after arranging uranium from domestic sources. And by March next year, another 220 MW unit of RAP would be ready, whose fate also depend on the availability of the nuclear fuel. Despite adding 660 MW of nuclear power capacity in 2008-09, the generation situation could be bleak, Mr. Ramesh said.

Underlining that the Indo-U.S. nuclear deal could be the only answer to meet India’s uranium requirement, Mr. Ramesh said though the Centre through the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) was conceptualising new projects to increase India’s uranium production, the nuclear deal was necessary to ensure unhindered of supply uranium from big foreign players including Australia, Canada and Russia.

Informing about the initiatives being taken at the domestic level to increase supply of uranium, the Minister said a new processing unit is coming up at Turamdih in Jharkhand that would start supplying the nuclear fuel within the next six months. “Similarly, work has commenced on the $270-million Tummalapalle uranium mining project in Andhra Pradesh, but it will take three years to commission,” he said.

Mr. Ramesh, who recently visited Meghalaya, said efforts were on to start a uranium mining project in the North-Eastern State which has huge deposits of the nuclear fuel that could take care of the country’s need to some extent. However, there was opposition from locals and environment groups, he said.

“But we are determined to overcome this opposition for the betterment of the country and the State. Interestingly, the State government has showed some willingness provided a nuclear power plant is established there. First time a ‘White Paper on Uranium’ is being prepared by DAE, while a delegation of State legislators will soon visit uranium mines to get firsthand information. A team of eminent doctors will visit Meghalaya to dispel myths on uranium mining among locals,” Mr. Ramesh added.

http://www.hindu.com/2008/06/06/stories/2008060660851200.htm

drillfix
07-06-2008, 05:52 AM

Yes indeed shasta, its like Sean of the Dead investing with all following the hype and rave about what day trading profits they have made in a short period.

Most Uran holders here have been sitting & waiting for the Ukraine deposits to be released for a long time & know whats around the corner.

Your not wrong about that, we are experts at waiting but getting impatient however still waiting for the corner to come round.

To come on this thread & boo hoo Uran, when stocks like RPM are getting ramped to bits is poor form, & i thought you were better than that.

AGREED Shata,
Colin, you need to learn how to talk to people in a thread, or any thread IMO.

It is like you just put those steel capped boots on and start trying to kick folk around with your choice of words. Not a good approach

If you want some advice here, I would say, its not what you say that bothers folk here, Its the WAY that you say it. So please appreciate this thought as it prevents Flames and Daggers flying from all directions. Wouldn't you agree?

That is good to hear Shasta.

I sleep well too, however I need at least 8 Panadine and a Valium every day, every week, every month and every year.

So regardless of the worry of Ukrainian Politics, we are so close to having some REAL projects with Real Grades/ Tonnage / Volumes and all the other Rah Rah Rah stuff thrown in.

Hopefully I can have an operation this year too from some of the proceeds from this so called Uran investment. That is once the company delivers once and for all.

drillfix
07-06-2008, 06:00 AM
Hi Folks

I am accountable for my statements re announcement this week. I stand by them :)

If you say you are going to do something you do it. If you dont do it. Explain it. Be accountable for it.

Simple really.

Yes Satori, you are accountable for your expressions and you communicate them rather well.

We have spent ages and many threads on the subject on how this management seem to do what they like. They nearly have a Trademark of letting people down when it comes to communication and announcements and of course as you say Accountability.

Lets just hope they are saving whatever they are going to say for a very SPECIAL announcement. God Knows we need it and we need it SOON~!

Has anybody heard from Showman *TONY* ???

It would be good to hear how he is and to find out if he ever got to speak to any of the management as yet??

Anyways, good night for now, or good morning which ever it is..lol

COLIN
07-06-2008, 08:40 AM

Go read how many drills RPM have done to date?

...and people are talking 1TCF, & SP > $1-$2.50 - get real!

There's a bit too much excitement & multibagger talk on CSG at the moment, with everyone seemingly thinking it's all easy money!

CSG isn't the only source of energy (especially its low recovery rates!), although UCG does have good recovery rates in comparison.

How many have done ANY research on the effects of carbon taxes on coal, conventional gas etc?

Uranium will become a growing source of energy in the future, it's the most efficient form of energy & the only truly clean & green option!

I have Uranium, CSG (+ conventional O&G), Iron Ore/Potash/Lithium & Alternative Energy in my portfolio for a balanced Energy/Alternative Energy mix to cover as many bases as i can.

Well done on doubling your money over the last few weeks...:)

Some of us have a longer time frame on investing & don't blindly chase stocks that have run, those who have made there money in CSG now seem to think it's all too easy & throw FA/TA out the window!

Especially after i posted an overview for you, devoid of any "hype".

Uran are soon* to announce the details of the 2 Uranium deposits to the market, plus an update on there other projects, ie Czech Republic etc...

* = soon being "at any time"

We are talking a share of a project worth many multiples of its current market cap & potential involvement in a massive Uranium deposit (Novok)

Uran will easily beat the likes of RPM past a $2.50 SP. :p

Shasta, I feel I owe you an apology. I certainly hadn't intended to "sink steel-capped boots in" (as another contributor expressed it) but just reading through the posts of the past few days you must admit that there has been more than just a touch of desperation running through them. I guess I was just trying to introduce a bit of balance to the discussion, and trying to suggest that there is indeed life outside of this one share, URAN, but on reflection perhaps I used some stronger language than I needed to.
I have been in the investing game for many years - decades in fact - and I am fully aware that there are no "dead-certs" in this game. My CSG holdings represent only a small proportion of my total investment portfolio but I am gaining a lot of satisfaction from some of the gains I have seen there - against the background of the considerable losses I have experienced over the last 12 months in the rest of my portfolio. I am not so foolish as to believe that this CSG thing will run for ever, but it is good while it lasts!
And thank you, again, for introducing me to VIR, another useful addition to my energy mix. You might be interested to know that I also hold PDN and AGS. Also MCR, WPL and ARQ - plus PRC and NZO in NZ.
But, again, sincere apologies to you and any other URA devotees who I might have offended by my choice of words. We are all striving for performance from our portfolios, and I still have plenty more to learn, too, but I do know the merits of spreading risk.
We must all try and avoid getting anxiety attacks!
Cheers!

STRAT
07-06-2008, 09:04 AM
Hi Colin,
I didnt think your posts were all that aggressive and these fellas have seen much worse on HC so Im pretty sure there are no hard feelings. Indeed the last few pages have been about politics and if we were pinning our hopes for URA on the public statements by any politician let alone those in Eastern Block countries ( which we arent ) then we should all be seriously reconsidering our positions. I think many read this thread and confuse the in depth research for tit bits of info floating around as desperation rather than what it is. Comprehensive research.

Shasta and our new members from HC do a great job of this and I for one would like to thank them for their efforts.

COLIN
07-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Hi Colin,
I didnt think your posts were all that aggressive and these fellas have seen much worse on HC so Im pretty sure there are no hard feelings. Indeed the last few pages have been about politics and if we were pinning our hopes for URA on the public statements by any politician let alone those in Eastern Block countries ( which we arent ) then we should all be seriously reconsidering our positions. I think many read this thread and confuse the in depth research for tit bits of info floating around as desperation rather than what it is. Comprehensive research.

Shasta and our new members from HC do a great job of this and I for one would like to thank them for their efforts.

Thanks, Strat.
I must admit I do have a certain fascination with the URA story but, whenever I am tempted to take the plunge and buy a few, a little voice over my shoulder (no, not my wife) keeps saying things like: "Remember, you would be having considerable exposure to countries that are not exactly the most politically stable, to put it mildly."
But one day I just might give the boot to my nemesis!
Have a good day - and lets savour the further upwards surge in oil prices, although last night's Wall St slump following those job data figures is a bit of a worry.

COLIN
07-06-2008, 10:22 AM
Yes indeed shasta, its like Sean of the Dead investing with all following the hype and rave about what day trading profits they have made in a short period.

Your not wrong about that, we are experts at waiting but getting impatient however still waiting for the corner to come round.

AGREED Shata,
Colin, you need to learn how to talk to people in a thread, or any thread IMO.

It is like you just put those steel capped boots on and start trying to kick folk around with your choice of words. Not a good approach

If you want some advice here, I would say, its not what you say that bothers folk here, Its the WAY that you say it. So please appreciate this thought as it prevents Flames and Daggers flying from all directions. Wouldn't you agree?

Drillfix: Please read my response to Shasta, and also message to Strat.
I have been a contributor to Sharetrader for nearly 8 years, have learnt a lot in that time and am still learning, and am mindful that we all seek to better ourselves and each other in this game. I would be the last person to want to indulge in personal abuse, and am well aware of the need to carefully choose one's words. However, after following the URA thread for many pages I just felt that a number of people seemed to be working themselves up into worrying fever pitch levels (e.g. re the expected announcement which didn't eventuate and the latest political upset in the Ukraine) and perhaps needed to ask themselves whether they might be better to step back for a while, and look around them. Thats all.

Thanks.

The Big Ease
07-06-2008, 11:13 AM
i reckon the sensitivity to colin's post is in direct proportion to the amount of truth contained in it.

Dave1968
07-06-2008, 11:39 AM
The Ukraine gov has been a mess since the elections. I dont think this latest news is anything more to worry about than usual.

Russia is doubling the Ukraine's gas price as from Jan 1 next year so you would think theyd be pretty keen to start getting some more U out the ground.

juqu
07-06-2008, 12:43 PM
The Ukraine gov has been a mess since the elections. I dont think this latest news is anything more to worry about than usual.

Russia is doubling the Ukraine's gas price as from Jan 1 next year so you would think theyd be pretty keen to start getting some more U out the ground.

Yes..........agreed Dave. They would want the Uranium quicker than ever now. My concern is the Pro russian leader of the Party of Regions, Viktor Yanukovych. He'll be loving this now.

We just need the coalition to continue to function whilst KH and her team go thru the data. Uran can continue to work. There is nothing Uran can do about the political situation in the Ukraine, so I guess they should just keep their heads down and come up with something.

shasta
07-06-2008, 02:30 PM
Shasta, I feel I owe you an apology. I certainly hadn't intended to "sink steel-capped boots in" (as another contributor expressed it) but just reading through the posts of the past few days you must admit that there has been more than just a touch of desperation running through them. I guess I was just trying to introduce a bit of balance to the discussion, and trying to suggest that there is indeed life outside of this one share, URAN, but on reflection perhaps I used some stronger language than I needed to.
I have been in the investing game for many years - decades in fact - and I am fully aware that there are no "dead-certs" in this game. My CSG holdings represent only a small proportion of my total investment portfolio but I am gaining a lot of satisfaction from some of the gains I have seen there - against the background of the considerable losses I have experienced over the last 12 months in the rest of my portfolio. I am not so foolish as to believe that this CSG thing will run for ever, but it is good while it lasts!
And thank you, again, for introducing me to VIR, another useful addition to my energy mix. You might be interested to know that I also hold PDN and AGS. Also MCR, WPL and ARQ - plus PRC and NZO in NZ.
But, again, sincere apologies to you and any other URA devotees who I might have offended by my choice of words. We are all striving for performance from our portfolios, and I still have plenty more to learn, too, but I do know the merits of spreading risk.
We must all try and avoid getting anxiety attacks!
Cheers!

No worries Colin.

In an ironic twist you have Uranium interests & i have CSG interests :D

shasta
07-06-2008, 02:32 PM
i reckon the sensitivity to colin's post is in direct proportion to the amount of truth contained in it.

Another invaluable contribution to this thread. :rolleyes:

ozelectro
07-06-2008, 03:08 PM
http://www.redorbit.com/news/business/1420362/czech_ministry_turns_down_uranium_mining_applicati on/

Czech Ministry Turns Down Uranium Mining Application
Posted on: Friday, 6 June 2008, 12:00 CDT

Text of report in English by Czech national public-service news agency CTK

Prague, 6 June: The Czech Environment Ministry has turned the Urania Mining company's application for a permit to enable its trial mining of uranium in the Osecna-Kotel locality in the Liberec region, north Bohemia, ministry spokesman Jakub Kaspar told CTK today.

The ministry said that the valid policy on raw materials does not reckon with the opening of new uranium deposits, that all municipalities concerned are opposed to the plan and that the mining, if permitted, could have a negative impact on the environment.

Urania Mining has lodged a remonstrance against the ministry decision.

"The valid raw-material policy clearly says the uranium mining is to be terminated, not extended in the Czech Republic. The valid state energy policy, too, clearly reckons with the reduction, not extension of uranium mining. That is why it is impossible to justify the impact uranium mining would have on the life of the locals and for the environment in the area concerned. The fact that the deposit has the status of a protected deposit area does not empower anyone to start mining," Environment Minister Martin Bursik said in a press release.

The protected deposit status prevents the deposit from being illegally exhausted or devalued.

The ministry's declaration of Osecna-Kotel as a protected deposit area took the surrounding towns by surprise in April. The locals feared that this is the first step towards the launch of mining.

In addition, the protected deposit status has made new construction projects in the locality more difficult, therefore the towns were opposed to it for fear it would harm the area as a popular tourist destination.

A total of 164 uranium deposits have been detected in the Czech Lands since 1945, and uranium was mined in 66 of them in the past. At present, the last uranium mine operates in Rozna, south Moravia.

The Osecna-Kotel deposit was found in the 1960s, but Urania Mining asked for the mining permit only last year, in reaction to the growing price of uranium.

Originally published by CTK news agency, Prague, in English 1519 6 Jun 08.

(c) 2008 BBC Monitoring European. Provided by ProQuest Information and Learning. All rights Reserved

ozelectro
07-06-2008, 03:31 PM

Cotik,

When you talk about data, are you referring to old drilling intercepts and results from the two deposits?

sp3
07-06-2008, 04:23 PM
This article explains the ramifications re the political crisis wrt the coalition.

http://english.pravda.ru/world/ussr/06-06-2008/105454-ukraine-0

Oz. Cotik is referring to the 2 deposits.

cotik
07-06-2008, 04:40 PM
I have managed to get a look at Orange Communication's announcement for Uran on Monday. What Impact will it have on the sp?

Update of development in Czech Republic

The Ministry of the Environment has rejected Urania’s application to explore the Osečná-Kotel area for Uranium.

This comes after the Bursík rejected similar application for four know uranium deposits in the Highlands earlier this year.

These people just don’t get it! It’s like Saudi Arabia not drilling for oil in case they upset the ecology of the desert. Uran see no problem with uranium mining in Czech Republic at it is a long way from Perth.

Uran Limited plans to spend millions of dollars appealing this decision until the Czech Government and people eventually work out that uranium mining is good for them.

In the words of Churchhill; we shall fight on the seas and oceans,
we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our uranium deposits, whatever the cost may be,
we shall fight on the beaches,
we shall fight on the landing grounds,
we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
we shall fight in the hills;
we shall never surrender.

Uran will appeal the Ministers decision as usual.

Update of development in Ukraine

Ukraine is politically stuffed (nothing new really). Yulia Tymoshenko and Uran shareholders are concerned about the current situation in Ukraine, as no one seems to know what is going on and decisions (unlike the Czech Republic) never seem to get made.

After negotiating with Vostgok for over two years we now realise that we have been talking to the wrong people and they have nothing to do with uranium mining in Ukraine.

Uran plan to fly to Moscow within the next couple of months and start negotiations with TVEL/Tenix/ Atomredmetzoloto/ARMZ or whoever they are and see if Uran can get access to Ukrainian uranium deposits. We should be in a position to inform shareholder about the outcome of these talks sometime before the next ice age.

Update of development in Uzbekistan

We haven’t got a clue.

Update of development in Kazakhstan

See Uzbekistan.

Update of development in Bulgaria

See Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan.

Update of development in Australia

You are not supposed to know about this so keep it quiet.

2006/00329 Lake Frome area - approx
130 km ESE of Leigh Creek
Uran Limited 981 Curnamona,
Frome

http://outernode.pir.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0013/33034/m01.pdf

Update of development in Africa

Ask Michael Kiernan at the next AGM, as he is the only one who knows about this.

Update of development in USA

It looks like Hillary Clinton has failed in her bid for nomination by the Democrats to run for President, apart from that check the Uzbek update.

Update of development in India

We understand that the Indian Government is serious about looking for partners to start mining know uranium deposits in the country as there is a shortage of nuclear fuel in the country. Having learnt this Uran is going nowhere near India, as Michael Kiernan has some interests there.

Other developments
We have analysed data from two know uranium deposits and we will start mining about 1000t pa in the next six months.

shasta
07-06-2008, 04:45 PM
I have managed to get a look at Orange Communication's announcement for Uran on Monday. What Impact will it have on the sp?

The Ministry of the Environment has rejected Urania’s application to explore the Osečná-Kotel area for Uranium.

This comes after the Bursík rejected similar application for four know uranium deposits in the Highlands earlier this year.

These people just don’t get it! It’s like Saudi Arabia not drilling for oil in case they upset the ecology of the desert. Uran see no problem with uranium mining in Czech Republic at it is a long way from Perth.

Uran Limited plans to spend millions of dollars appealing this decision until the Czech Government and people eventually work out that uranium mining is good for them.

we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our uranium deposits, whatever the cost may be,

Ukraine is politically stuffed (nothing new really). Yulia Tymoshenko and Uran shareholders are concerned about the current situation in Ukraine, as no one seems to know what is going on and decisions (unlike the Czech Republic) never seem to get made.

After negotiating with Vostgok for over two years we now realise that we have been talking to the wrong people and they have nothing to do with uranium mining in Ukraine.

Uran plan to fly to Moscow within the next couple of months and start negotiations with TVEL/Tenix/ Atomredmetzoloto/ARMZ or whoever they are and see if Uran can get access to Ukrainian uranium deposits. We should be in a position to inform shareholder about the outcome of these talks sometime before the next ice age.

We haven’t got a clue.

See Uzbekistan.

Frome

Ask Michael Kiernan at the next AGM, as he is the only one who knows about this.

It looks like Hillary Clinton has failed in her bid for nomination by the Democrats to run for President, apart from that check the Uzbek update.

We understand that the Indian Government is serious about looking for partners to start mining know uranium deposits in the country as there is a shortage of nuclear fuel in the country. Having learnt this Uran is going nowhere near India, as Michael Kiernan has some interests there.

Other developments
We have analysed data from two know uranium deposits and we will start mining about 1000t pa in the next six months.

Cheers for the laugh Cotik....:D:D:D

SMan
07-06-2008, 06:26 PM
If URA have been denied in Czech Rep again then they will have to disclose this tuesday. I hope they make the most of the opportunity to also relay positive news RE Ukraine. Alternative is if an agreement is imminent (within a week) they could go into a halt until they can announce Ukraine as well. Otherwise SP may drop again providing a cheaper entry for anyone wanting to buy in before Ukraine annoncement (if it ever comes).

drillfix
07-06-2008, 07:50 PM
Drillfix: Please read my response to Shasta, and also message to Strat.
I have been a contributor to Sharetrader for nearly 8 years, have learnt a lot in that time and am still learning, and am mindful that we all seek to better ourselves and each other in this game. I would be the last person to want to indulge in personal abuse, and am well aware of the need to carefully choose one's words. However, after following the URA thread for many pages I just felt that a number of people seemed to be working themselves up into worrying fever pitch levels (e.g. re the expected announcement which didn't eventuate and the latest political upset in the Ukraine) and perhaps needed to ask themselves whether they might be better to step back for a while, and look around them. Thats all.

Thanks.

Hi Colin,
Thanks for your clarification and the calmness in your response.

I too didnt meant to sound too defensive with my post either.

But if you actually go back and read your own post again, you may actually see how it says: Our Uran Investment Sucks and Stinks + Your a smart cookie who has made alot of money unlike us stupid Fwits whom many are at a loss.

Now I know thats not what you said exactly in so many words, but can you see how some of us here (that are not happy with Management etc) how we can feel like we have been attacked??

For reference:

You chaps should forget about your obsessive fixation with this pie-in-the-sky, take a cold shower, and then switch your attention to something more sure-fire such as the CSG and UCG stocks out there; there are several of those where I have doubled my money in just a few weeks.

Ok, you hit a soft spot with me and I maybe got a bit defensive. But I must admit, you sound like somebody that I know where I live whom goes on about PIE IN THE SKY stuff and sayings like IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN so you can probably guess I get angry or defensive.

I am glad to hear about your winnings from certain stocks/sectors, and I do not debate or doubt your investing strategies what so ever.

The majority of my holding is with Uran, but I do have other holdings such as FXR, MNMO, PRE to name a few. I did get over 300% on my MNM options, but I dont discuss this in the Uran thread. Plus Fox has come up 40% in the last couple of months but I dont discuss that either here in the URA thread.

One cannot dismiss that this stock (URA) loolks like a corporate abortion conducted in the back of hotel from the movie Hostel. :eek: But this is not my fault or any shareholders fault. and it can probably make yourself above sound correct in many ways as much as many of us Uran Shareholders are hurting.

Anyways, enough talk for now, and again Thanks as I appreciate your clarification :)

Archer
07-06-2008, 11:31 PM

We haven’t got a clue.

See Uzbekistan.

Frome

Other developments

You're a champion cotik -
this post should really be sent straight to Uran headquarters.
I especially love the bit about not going anywhere near India!
Now what we really need is BARAK OBAMA - he sweeps all before him.
Do you think we could afford to hire him??? A

shasta
07-06-2008, 11:47 PM
You're a champion cotik -
this post should really be sent straight to Uran headquarters.
I especially love the bit about not going anywhere near India!
Now what we really need is BARAK OBAMA - he sweeps all before him.
Do you think we could afford to hire him??? A

Orange communications :D:D:D

Luckly Ukraine has the purple coalition :D

A little something re Ukraine for us to ponder...

http://www.wise-uranium.org/upeur.html

scorp57
08-06-2008, 02:36 PM
RE: NOVOK

"The long-term uranium production plan envisages an almost five-fold increase in 2020 with the approval of the Novokonstantinovsk uranium field project," he said. Improving the Novokonstantinovsk field project could mean a 520% increase in production, which will meet Ukrainian nuclear power requirements and enable uranium to be exported, he added.

However, due to insufficient state budget funding, it will be necessary to raise off-budget funds. (Interfax Mar 21, 2006) "

it all sounds great. if they secure novok (even a small slice) our company will be extremely talked about for a long time.

keep the patience.

drillfix
08-06-2008, 05:56 PM
RE: NOVOK

it all sounds great. if they secure novok (even a small slice) our company will be extremely talked about for a long time.

keep the patience.

Scorp, that certainly would be a very nice feeling to be actually talking about the reality of it once it has unfolded and the deal is written on the wall carved in Stone.

But as you know, many of us here have kept patient for quite some time now.

But then I guess other non-holders probably read this and probably think "These holders should sell and buy into something more tangible".

IMO, for just ONCE, I would like to see the company do something it exactly said it is going to do with regards to Advanced Uranium Projects in the Ukraine which includes information about Grades/Tonnage Costs/Methods Timelines etc etc.

Besides whatever jump in share price would occur (which would be great), but this would actually make Uran Management look really good. As in investors and institutions would then look at them and finally say "Oh ****, they pulled it off" and "Yup, its time to get a piece of this" and "Yes they can do it, Yes they will do it".

Again, beside the sp rapidly rising, the whole Image of the company and what it is doing will reflect differently towards the market and all the key players in it.

Anyways, this is just some Sunday Babble for ya all that continues to show all of the Non-Holders that some of us Long/Short Term holders really enjoy daydreaming and even if it is over a long weekend. :D:D

sp3
08-06-2008, 06:50 PM
http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/210552,mps-desert-ukraines-pro-west-majority-coalition-threatened.html

lets hope uran acquires their projects before they have re-elections.

drillfix
08-06-2008, 07:57 PM
http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/210552,mps-desert-ukraines-pro-west-majority-coalition-threatened.html

lets hope uran acquires their projects before they have re-elections.

Sp3, you have been posting this concern consistently since it started.

Is that you with a 100K order at .20 cents?? lol

On one hand,
We have Cotik whom says there is not much to worry about and this event will not effect Uran much if any.

On the other hand,
We have you continually posting links and showing signs of worry, so it seems.

Which is it going to be? and will we get saved by the bell? :rolleyes:

Will we be in for another year or two of waiting? :rolleyes:

Anybody got a crystal ball and care to shed some light on the outcome over the next fortnight/month? :p

Perhaps we should just abandon this thread and ask YOGI IN AUS what the charts or stars behold for Uran (URA). :eek:

Perhaps we should ask Shasta or Colin on which Coal Seam Gas stocks to buy instead of fluttering around with no direction on how to make a profit in the stock market...lol ;) :rolleyes:

sp3
08-06-2008, 08:12 PM
[
QUOTE=drillfix;205358]Sp3, you have been posting this concern consistently since it started.

Is that you with a 100K order at .20 cents?? lol

On one hand,
We have Cotik whom says there is not much to worry about and this event will not effect Uran much if any.

On the other hand,
We have you continually posting links and showing signs of worry, so it seems.

Which is it going to be? and will we get saved by the bell? :rolleyes:

Will we be in for another year or two of waiting? :rolleyes:

Anybody got a crystal ball and care to shed some light on the outcome over the next fortnight/month? :p

Perhaps we should just abandon this thread and ask YOGI IN AUS what the charts or stars behold for Uran (URA). :eek:

Perhaps we should ask Shasta or Colin on which Coal Seam Gas stocks to buy instead of fluttering around with no direction on how to make a profit in the stock market...lol ;) :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Drillfix, According to Kate there is nothing to worry about.

According to my hunch, if there is an election, and if the government loses power and if the new Minister says to Uran to f*** off then where does it leave Uran. Hence the reason why I think we need to nail these acquisitions this month.

drillfix
08-06-2008, 08:32 PM
Drillfix, According to Kate there is nothing to worry about.

According to my hunch, if there is an election, and if the government loses power and if the new Minister says to Uran to f*** off then where does it leave Uran. Hence the reason why I think we need to nail these acquisitions this month.

Hmmmm lets see.
But according to Kate, we were also meant to be in production nearly a year ago. :rolleyes:

I strongly agree about needing to nail these projects this month as things are starting to spin.

Although simply put, perhaps this is why Kate says there is nothing to worry about :rolleyes:

I sure hope she is right~!

cotik
08-06-2008, 08:38 PM
I don't think there will be an election in Ukraine any time soon. Party of Regions would loose too many seats.

Both Viktors will be very careful before the push Yulia, as the know who will win any vote. Uran will be fine IMO.

About time Uran appealed in Czech Republic after striking a deal with ARMZ that they will go 50:50 and any deals that are awarded. In exchange Uran could gain access to Russian uranium deposits.....well that would be my strategy from here in Czech.

drillfix
08-06-2008, 08:42 PM
I don't think there will be an election in Ukraine any time soon. Party of Regions would loose too many seats.

Both Viktors will be very careful before the push Yulia, as the know who will win any vote. Uran will be fine IMO.

About time Uran appealed in Czech Republic after striking a deal with ARMZ that they will go 50:50 and any deals that are awarded. In exchange Uran could gain access to Russian uranium deposits.....well that would be my strategy from here in Czech.

Cotik,

I am sure we have enough people and stock here to get you on the Board of Uran...LOL

I am serious, cant you just join the board and work from home ???

Just turn up to AGM's - EGM's and get paid to turn up this time...:D

sp3
08-06-2008, 08:50 PM
Drillfix

Kate's judgement is always spot on except for her timing of events.

cotik
08-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Cotik,

I am sure we have enough people and stock here to get you on the Board of Uran...LOL

I am serious, cant you just join the board and work from home ???

Just turn up to AGM's - EGM's and get paid to turn up this time...:D

Drillfix

I'll even share all those bonus option with the loyal holders here. If anyone deserves reward it is the long suffering shareholders of Uran.

I'll just wait for the phone call :rolleyes:

drillfix
08-06-2008, 09:38 PM
Drillfix

I'll even share all those bonus option with the loyal holders here. If anyone deserves reward it is the long suffering shareholders of Uran.

I'll just wait for the phone call :rolleyes:

Wow, YOU GOT MY VOTE, where are and were can we fax the documents?? :p

STRAT
08-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Wow, YOU GOT MY VOTE, where are and were can we fax the documents?? :pHaha likewise.

First order of business. Sack Purple Com:cool:

COLIN
09-06-2008, 12:36 AM
Hi Colin,
Thanks for your clarification and the calmness in your response.

I too didnt meant to sound too defensive with my post either.

But if you actually go back and read your own post again, you may actually see how it says: Our Uran Investment Sucks and Stinks + Your a smart cookie who has made alot of money unlike us stupid Fwits whom many are at a loss.

Now I know thats not what you said exactly in so many words, but can you see how some of us here (that are not happy with Management etc) how we can feel like we have been attacked??

For reference:

Ok, you hit a soft spot with me and I maybe got a bit defensive. But I must admit, you sound like somebody that I know where I live whom goes on about PIE IN THE SKY stuff and sayings like IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN so you can probably guess I get angry or defensive.

I am glad to hear about your winnings from certain stocks/sectors, and I do not debate or doubt your investing strategies what so ever.

The majority of my holding is with Uran, but I do have other holdings such as FXR, MNMO, PRE to name a few. I did get over 300% on my MNM options, but I dont discuss this in the Uran thread. Plus Fox has come up 40% in the last couple of months but I dont discuss that either here in the URA thread.

One cannot dismiss that this stock (URA) loolks like a corporate abortion conducted in the back of hotel from the movie Hostel. :eek: But this is not my fault or any shareholders fault. and it can probably make yourself above sound correct in many ways as much as many of us Uran Shareholders are hurting.

Anyways, enough talk for now, and again Thanks as I appreciate your clarification :)

Drillfix: Cheers!

Archer
09-06-2008, 01:39 AM
seriously, I reckon Uran shareholders could do with a board member with a long term view. Bring on Barak Ocotik . :cool: A

ozelectro
09-06-2008, 02:58 AM
Does VostGOK really own 100% of Novok?

http://www.wise-uranium.org/ucvos.html

drillfix
09-06-2008, 03:15 AM

OZ, By looking at the link you gave it seems to say that vostGOK are owned 100% by the Ukraine Gov.

As in: Shareholders are 100% Ministry of Fuel and Energy of Ukraine

So I guess the answer to that is YES, imo from reading what is there.

Anybody else care to have guess or provide any further info??

sp3
09-06-2008, 03:17 AM

The Novokonstantinovsk uranium project is being developed independently of VostGOK by the Novokonstantinov uranium development company, to produce up to 2500 t/yr by 2020. First production is expected late in 2008. Late in 2006, and reiterated in mid 2007, Russia's new Uranium Mining Company (UGRK) said it was keen to invest in developing the project.

http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/inf46.html

Archer
09-06-2008, 03:27 AM
I wonder what the total proven resource is? Some suspect larger than Langer Henirich. A

sp3
09-06-2008, 03:27 AM
The Novokonstantinovsk uranium project is being developed independently of VostGOK by the Novokonstantinov uranium development company, to produce up to 2500 t/yr by 2020. First production is expected late in 2008. Late in 2006, and reiterated in mid 2007, Russia's new Uranium Mining Company (UGRK) said it was keen to invest in developing the project.

http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/inf46.html

Ukraine has modest recoverable resources of uranium, and produces up to
800 tonnes of uranium per year - around 30% of the country's requirements.

The uranium ore mining and uranium concentrate production in Ukraine is
performed by the Vostochny Uranium Ore Mining and Processing Enterprise
(VostGOK).

Late in 2006 Russia's new Uranium Mining Company (UGRK or UMC)
announced the possibility of a joint venture to develop the
Novokonstantinovsk uranium deposit to produce up to 2500 t/yr by 2020.

In December 2006 Australian-based Uran Ltd agreed with Ukraine's Department
of Fuel & Energy and VostGOK to carry out a feasibility study for ISL mining
of the Surskoye and Gurevskoye uranium deposits in the east of the country,
near VostGOK's existing operations.

http://action-ukraine-report.blogspot.com/2007_03_01_archive.html

cotik
09-06-2008, 10:46 AM
I think Uran need to get into coal bed methane, there is a lot of gas in ukraine's coal mines.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7443107.stm

Archer
09-06-2008, 12:53 PM
I think Uran need to get into coal bed methane, there is a lot of gas in ukraine's coal mines.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7443107.stm

Could certanly rocket the SP ! don't like the saftey record of these Ukrainian
coal mines - too many disasters in too short a period of time . I wonder if you could harness the methane from cows kind of giant fart collector and have above and below ground gas in QLD. I know I'm being silly again. ;)A

archbald
09-06-2008, 02:01 PM

based on the subsidiary list I'd say the answer to your question is a resounding yes :D:D:D

Subsidiaries

* (100%) Ingul'skii mine
* (100%) Vatutinskii mine
* (100%) Severinskoye deposit
* (100%) Novokonstantinovsk project
* (100%) Zheltiye Vody mill

unless 100% has a different meaning in Ukraine which in probability is indeed possible lol :p

Archer
09-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Some encouragment on POU and nuclear sentiment -
extract from Mineweb. A

URANIUM INDUSTRY REPORT
Rejuvenation of spot uranium price predicted for 2H 2008
Haywood Securities says uranium demand will “manifest as a technology-driven nuclear renaissance across a growing number of countries for generations to come.”

Author: Dorothy Kosich
Posted: Friday , 06 Jun 2008

RENO, NV -

In their Uranium Industry Report published Thursday, Haywood Securities forecasts primary uranium production at 113.5 million pounds this year, which is well below reactor demand as secondary uranium sources dwindle.

Haywood predicts that the second half of 2008 will see a rejuvenation of the spot price.

Meanwhile, demand continues to outstrip primary supply, while a sustained injection of capital is needed to meet required primary production increases, according to Haywood.

In the report, Haywood analyst Geordie Mark noted that production costs have increased across the sector with the uranium price representing only a small fraction of operating costs.

The World Nuclear Association had earlier forecast uranium production of 124.8 million pounds of U3O8 this year, which had been projected to be a 16.5% increase on 2007 production. However, Mark said that, "based on the stilted flow of supply to venture on stream thus far due to various technical and infrastructural impediments, it is anticipated that 2008 production will rise only moderately above 2007 production."

Mark attributed the drop in production to: 1. ongoing production pressure within the sector; 2. Uncertainty of power and acid supply; and, 3. Technical nuances of bringing new production on-stream. "Consequently, these factors provide greater potential for upward pressure on the spot price."

Haywood asserted that 2008 primary production "will continue to fall short of future reactor demand. Thus, the entire sector will be ever more reliant on dwindling secondary supplies that progressively become more expensive, as well as technically, and politically difficult to extract."

"These factors will continue to support uranium prices into the future, where geopolitical interests will become ever more focused on security of domestic supply," Mark suggested. "This is particularly pertinent given that the major producers (Canada, Australia, and Kazakhstan) have little domestic demand."

"Primary uranium production has failed to deliver at estimated forecast rates over the last few years, and 2008 appears to be no except with Q1 production data being lower than either the forecast estimates and/or the previous quarter for a range of operations owned by Cameco, BHP Billiton, Denison Mines, Energy Resources, Australia, Paladin Energy, AngloGold Ashanti, Uranium One and Uranium Resources.

LONGER TERM OUTLOOK

Haywood asserts that the public's quest for a cheap, cleaner alternative to hydrocarbon-based energy production is being met "with a measurable change in view and broader acceptance of nuclear power generation by the general populace.

"Popular acceptance equates to a shifting political outlook on nuclear policy leading to potential changes in nuclear power production policy in both: countries ramping down future production (e.g., Sweden and Germany, as well as those countries considering a nuclear future. These motions are leading to a shift, a rebalance in sources used for future energy supply leading inexorably to a greater role for nuclear energy; and a sustained nuclear renaissance."

Nevertheless, Mark acknowledged that "future growth is at a bottleneck that continues to narrow and lengthen due to infrastructural impediments, political and NGO engagement, and an over reliance on second source material."

Haywood advises that, in the midterm, increased uranium production capacity is going to be largely derived by the expansion of current mines, or the exploitation of deposits in currently producing countries, such as Kazakhstan, the United States, Canada and Australia. "This is primarily due to infrastructural, regulatory and community support that is in place to expand and/or develop mines in locations with a ready draw on personnel currently engaged in mining," Mark suggested.

New long-term nuclear capacity will be driven mainly from China, India, Russia, and the United States, Haywood suggests. The Gulf States, mainland Europe, Africa and other counties will also increase nuclear generating capacity at a smaller rate

In their report, Haywood predicts that the next uranium companies to move to producer status within the next three years will originate from U.S. operations. "The rationale is that the USA was the primary producer of the world's uranium, and thus is a producer with a regulatory framework and a well established infrastructure that can be employed to bring projects into production rapidly," according to Mark.

The U.S. uranium projects may be small at under 2 million pounds of U3O8 of annual production. The mostly likely states that will experience increased production are Colorado, Utah, Wyoming and Texas, Haywood predicts. Despite this production, the U.S. will still have significant need for uranium.

In the meantime, Haywood forecasts that primary production to 2015 will continue to rely on secondary supplies, "which is unsustainable, and particularly acute in an environment seeking to expand nuclear energy capacity."

ScrappyO
09-06-2008, 05:18 PM
Anybody going to the conference on the 19th?

3.30 pm – 3.50 pm The Czech Uranium Industry and the Environment —
P Vostarek
3.50 pm – 4.10 pm Novokonstantinovskoye Metasomatite Type Uranium
Deposit — A Ch Bararzhiyev, A Lysenko, O Makivchuk
and Y Bakarzhiyev

shasta
09-06-2008, 05:31 PM

P Vostarek
and Y Bakarzhiyev

Hopefully Kate & co are ;)

ozelectro
09-06-2008, 06:49 PM
I was advised by the company that Uran would be 'well represented' at the Uranium Conference. Interesting to see that Uran's Ukraine consultant Anatoliy Bakarzhiyev will be attending.

From Uran's website:

Uran has retained Mr Anatoliy Bakarzhiyev as a consultant to assist it in its negotiations. Mr Bakarzhiyev was for 22 years Head of KirovGeology, the state body responsible for exploration and definition of minerals deposits in Ukraine.

He is now an Advisor to the Minister for Natural Resources and on the committee developing methods to meet the Strategic Plan to increase uranium production by 800%.

sp3
09-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Satori

Novok is the litmus test. We secure Novok and Uran will get international institutional attention. We miss out and we will probably be stuck with 2 small deposits for a long time (assuming we secure these).

Im quietly optimistic that we could be onto something huge here.

Archer
10-06-2008, 12:29 AM
satori, I think its a dead set ;)that once Uran have bedded down NovoGi, SursKi, NovoGi and or Michi ?plus others - they will promote shamelessly. The SP will then soon be far from where it is now. Just a small wait now IMHO. Love to be a fly on the wall at AusIMM. :)A

ozelectro
10-06-2008, 02:49 AM
A bit of reading for those who have maybe a little too much time on their hands. A few names and deposits look familiar. These blokes look to have been around for a while...

http://www-pub.iaea.org/MTCD/publications/PDF/te_1425_web.pdf
Published in 1999

Perspective to discover profitable uranium ore in Ukraine
A.Ch. Bakarjiev, O.F. Makivchuk, V.A. Kriuchenko, A.V. Kuzmin, V.A. Anisimov
Kirovgeology State Geological Enterprise, Kiev, Ukraine
Discovered commercial uranium deposits of Ukraine are presented in two genetic types: (a)
endogenic metasomatic deposits in albitites of the Ukrainian shield and (b) exogenic
epigenetic deposits in Paleogene sand-coal cover sediments of the Ukrainian shield. At
present, deposits in albitites of the Kirovogradsky ore region are main source of uranium in
Ukraine. They are being mined by underground method. Deposits in sand-coal sediments are
not mined now due to ecological reasons. However, two of them (Devladovskoe and Bratskoe
deposits) have been mined out in previous years using in situ leaching method.
In a whole, uranium mineral base of Ukraine according to uranium reserves can supply mining
industry during several decades. At present, thirteen units of 5 nuclear power plants existing in
Ukraine consume 2310 Mt of uranium annually. Uranium consumption will increase during
following years in connection with installation of new reactors. In 2005 it will make 2890 Mt
per year approximately. It is necessary to begin exploitation of new uranium deposits within
Kirovogradsky ore region to provide such consumption. However, deposits discovered here
are presented usually by low-grade ore with uranium content of 0.10–0.15% what specifies its
cost.
These facts predestine significance of geological research in Ukraine to improve the quality of
existing uranium mineral base. The examination of obtaining data about uranium
mineralization in Ukraine including world experience in uranium geology shows that this
problem can be solved in two main directions:
— To involve in exploitation sandstone uranium deposits, particularly deposits in coalbearing
sediments of the Ukrainian shield cover, suitable for in situ leaching,
— To discover commercial uranium deposits of new genetic types with high-grade (in
comparison with deposits in albitites mining now) or complex uranium ore.
Advanced in situ leaching method using now in the world allows mining small low-grade
deposits attaining high uranium recovery from ore (from 60% to 95% depending upon
lithological ore type and ISL flowchart) and low mining cost (less than US$ 10–20 per
kilogram of uranium).
Uranium deposits of sandstone type in Ukraine are located in Paleogene coal-bearing cover
sediments of the Ukrainian shield fulfilling erosion tectonic paleodepressions in basement
within the Dniprovsky brown coal basin (Dniprobas). Kirovgeology units have discovered and
explored here seven small uranium deposits of this type (Devladovskoe, Bratskoe,
Safonovskoe, Surskoe, Sadovoe, Novogurievskoe, and Chervonoyarskoe). As it was
mentioned above, two of them (Devladovskoe and Bratskoe) have been mined out. These
deposits are located in three uranium ore regions: (1) Saksagansko-Sursky, (2) Ingulo-
Inguletsky, and (3) Yuzhno-Bugsky. Besides indicated deposits, a lot of uranium occurrences
of the same type (more than 90) are discovered within these regions, but their assessment is
not completed.
It should be noted that acid leaching was used only during exploitation of Devladovskoe and
Bratskoe uranium deposits, as well as during experimental mining of some orebodies of Safonovskoe, Sadovoe and Novogurievskoe deposits. The efficiency of other ISL
technologies, particularly ecologically safe technology of carbonate-oxygen leaching was not
studied at any mentioned deposit or occurrence. Attention should be paid also to the fact that
complex character of mineralization on some deposits and occurrences of this type is
established: except uranium ores contain such elements as molybdenum, selenium, thallium
etc. However, their industrial importance practically is not certain.
To involve sandstone uranium deposits in operation the performance of the following works is
planned:
(1) Complete development of Safonovskoe (43m), Sadovoe (25m) and Surskoe (7m)
deposits for mining,
(2) Complete exploration of Novogurievskoe (39m) and Chervonoyarskoe (12m) deposits,
carry out prospecting of Krinichanskoe (48m), Khristoforovskoe (15m), and Elenovskoe
(47m) occurrences and evaluation of Khutorskoe (42m) and Petromihaylovskoe (8m)
occurrences.
(3) Conduct complex of laboratory and field geo-technological tests on ISL sites within
typical deposits using different ISL technologies with the objective to choose the main
effective one according to uranium recovery and ecological requirements.
(4) Revise data about uranium mineralization at three ore regions of Dniprobas with the
objective to outline areas within their limits for detail exploration at a scale 1:25 000
and most perspective occurrences that are subjects to a prime evaluation.
At present, according to the second point, systematization and generalization of a huge actual
material about geological structure and uranium mineralization of Ukraine, which has
collected for last 50 years is completed now. The analysis of this material has shown that there
are serious geological preconditions to discover new uranium deposits in Ukraine which have
high-grade ores in comparison with metasomatic deposits in albitites of Kirovogradsky ore
region mining now. It is confirmed by detection of numerous uranium objects (occurrences
and mineralization) of hydrothermal vein and vein-impregnated types in basement of the
Ukrainian shield. The same objects characterized by increased uranium content (up to 1–3%)
are revealed on a northwest slope of the shield, in a zone of upper Proterozoic structuralstratigraphic
unconformity (unconformity-related type). However, the degree of radiometric
investigation of the shield and its slopes is such that majority of uranium occurrences revealed
here has not estimated for today.

cotik
10-06-2008, 11:15 AM

P Vostarek
and Y Bakarzhiyev

I seriously thinking about going, but I will need to decide in the next day or so. Anyone else going?

Uran will be there!

http://www.ausimm.com.au/uranium2008/exhibition.asp

Dave1968
10-06-2008, 11:41 AM
I seriously thinking about going, but I will need to decide in the next day or so. Anyone else going?

Uran will be there!

I would love to, it would be great to see whats said, but unfortunately I am heading to Burkina Faso tomorrow.

sp3
10-06-2008, 01:35 PM

Uran will be there!

Now why would Uran be an exhibitor?

What would they be selling?

Anyone care to guess?

ozelectro
10-06-2008, 01:36 PM

Uran will be there!

What does a teeny weeny Uranium company with no tangible assets exhibit?

drillfix
10-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Now why would Uran be an exhibitor?

What would they be selling?

Anyone care to guess?

Ummmmm,

Plenty of hype and a falling Shareprice with 13 buyers for 180,056 units 27 sellers for 617,879 units????

Hmmm, Hype about some more hot air that something is Actually going to happen???

LOL :D

Sp3, from the last time they did this, they were only trying to rub shoulders and look where that got them.

Although this time they have guests appearing also. We still have NO NEWS of what is going to be spoken/talked/ or announced so it will be interesting to see if they will actually announce anything.

or

Will they do it the Uran way and let the market pretend that it understands the company and can read its mind every step of the way???

If somebody goes can you please strap a MP3 Recorder to them so we can get some playback....lol

Dave, Burkina Faso? Any chance on lining up some Phosphate projects for Uran while you are there? :D

drillfix
10-06-2008, 01:46 PM

LOL, they talk to people Oz, they say, Lean forward so we can BREATHE on you, HAAAUUUUUUUWWWW ~! :D

(ps, that was meant to sound like hot air..lol)

cotik
10-06-2008, 01:52 PM
All the signs are for a very positive announcement and some deals, but it seems only those holding have any idea and we probably already have as many as we feel we can risk.

I think a few of us will be saying in the next week why we didn't buy all those shares on offer sub 25c.......time will tell.

ozelectro
10-06-2008, 01:59 PM
LOL Drilly.

So what's Uran's plan of attack? A trading halt this week with trading to re-commence early next week, in time for some exposure at the conference?

Dave1968
10-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Ummmmm,

Plenty of hype and a falling Shareprice with 13 buyers for 180,056 units 27 sellers for 617,879 units????

Hmmm, Hype about some more hot air that something is Actually going to happen???

LOL :D

Sp3, from the last time they did this, they were only trying to rub shoulders and look where that got them.

Although this time they have guests appearing also. We still have NO NEWS of what is going to be spoken/talked/ or announced so it will be interesting to see if they will actually announce anything.

or

Will they do it the Uran way and let the market pretend that it understands the company and can read its mind every step of the way???

If somebody goes can you please strap a MP3 Recorder to them so we can get some playback....lol

Dave, Burkina Faso? Any chance on lining up some Phosphate projects for Uran while you are there? :D

Drill, why Uran? We'd be better starting our own company, at least then we'd know what was going on.:D

drillfix
10-06-2008, 02:10 PM
All the signs are for a very positive announcement and some deals, but it seems only those holding have any idea and we probably already have as many as we feel we can risk.

I think a few of us will be saying in the next week why we didn't buy all those shares on offer sub 25c.......time will tell.

Hi cotik, sorry mate I was just being quirky with a warped sense of humour below. :)

I am sure there is fantastic news in the waiting.

But then that has the always been the problem for many holders. The news is always in the waiting. :confused:

I bought some more FPO at both .21 and .23 cents the other week(s) ago.

Looking around there are a lot of pickings to choose from and this so called "climate of the market".

If and when Uran do announce something though, I hope its worded in such a way that the market will actually understand it, as I feel the Market doesnt care or believe anything the Uran puts on in news~! :rolleyes:

drillfix
10-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Drill, why Uran? We'd be better starting our own company, at least then we'd know what was going on.:D

Count me in Dave.

While we are at it, can we also obtain a some leases for CSG, Phospate, Coal, some U, a Nickel Play and some Iron Ore too, :D

When do we start? :)

Archer
10-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Count me in Dave.

While we are at it, can we also obtain a some leases for CSG, Phospate, Coal, some U, a Nickel Play and some Iron Ore too, :D

When do we start? :)

Our own company - so we know what's going on great idea - there are some great minds, quite inventive at times and ever optomistic amongst us Uran holders. Now the trick is picking the right commodity! Wat's the world going to need next and who can get at it - they're the vexing questions. My best tongue in cheek suggestion is CEO and board mind -reading sunnies you can buy with every subscription to our new web site. Other than that - energy and raw materials for communications and high technology.;) A

Coruba
10-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Hi Satori

You mentioned on a previous post dated 6/6/08 and I quote
"Drillfix and others

An update will be today...or by Sunday for that matter.

I was told via an email that an update would be provided to the market this week.

I have no reason to doubt the company/Managing Director on this."

You wouldn't mind posting on here the entirety of that email you received including any relevant bits you asked?

Thanks

Coruba

sp3
10-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Hi Satori

You mentioned on a previous post dated 6/6/08 and I quote
"Drillfix and others

An update will be today...or by Sunday for that matter.

I was told via an email that an update would be provided to the market this week.

I have no reason to doubt the company/Managing Director on this."

You wouldn't mind posting on here the entirety of that email you received including any relevant bits you asked?

Thanks

Coruba

Coruba

I think that's asking too much!

If we posted Kate's emails on a chat site (and she found out) then that would be the end of her emails imo.

shasta
10-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Coruba

I think that's asking too much!

If we posted Kate's emails on a chat site (and she found out) then that would be the end of her emails imo.

Best not email her, i'd imagine she's busy enough at the moment ;)

drillfix
11-06-2008, 03:09 AM
Best not email her, i'd imagine she's busy enough at the moment ;)

Shasta, dont you mean, trying to be seen being busy?

That is the uran motto or so it seems, which has always come across that way to me. :rolleyes:

Always busy busy busy, but never enough time to explain to the market or its shareholders WTF is EXACTLY happening.

You know, I dont mean to sound cruel, impatient, stupid or just plain angry or upset. But for the LIFE of me, I cannot work out what exact plan this company has. So little time and so little information, which totally SUX imo~!

STRAT
11-06-2008, 07:00 AM
Perhaps they are going to do a presentation on the pitfalls of Sovereign risk :eek:

sp3
11-06-2008, 09:34 AM
Perhaps they are going to do a presentation on the pitfalls of Sovereign risk :eek:

perhaps they may be showcasing all their rejection letters...

Archer
11-06-2008, 09:34 AM
Perhaps they are going to do a presentation on the pitfalls of Sovereign risk :eek: wonder what they've got lined up for the exhibit - secret documents i reckon. LOL A

juqu
11-06-2008, 09:58 AM
I very much hope we see an announcement regarding at least the two smaller deposits before any presentation on the 19th.

cotik
11-06-2008, 10:38 AM
Uran would have to have something to exhibit or all the other companies will be ROFLAO when they look at the Uran stand. :mad:

small fish
11-06-2008, 12:07 PM
What are the odds they pull the presentation as what they believed to have been tied up is still not currently the case.

small fish
11-06-2008, 12:31 PM
I guess its irrelvent what Urans involvement are considering the nature of the topic but certainly looks unlikely there will be any positive exposure for Uran.

Archer
11-06-2008, 12:49 PM
What are the odds they pull the presentation as what they believed to have been tied up is still not currently the case.
If they do that small. :o:mad::o:mad::o:mad::o A

sp3
11-06-2008, 01:12 PM

Since when was Uran suppose to present anything?

Uran is only going to be an exhibitor. In other words a 'sponsor'.

ozelectro
11-06-2008, 01:51 PM

I received an email this morning from the Senior Coordinator of AusIMM confirming Uran are exhibiting.

drillfix
11-06-2008, 02:36 PM
I received an email this morning from the Senior Coordinator of AusIMM confirming Uran are exhibiting.

Oz, its just so funny (but then maybe not) that we need to get a Senior Coordinator do notify Uran Shareholders of its participation at its exhibition

Uran management Professional???

IMO, I dont think so and if anything FAR FROM IT.

Just give us the news Kate. Or put pat to work and get him to give us the news so it looks like somebody is doing something, FFS.

Archer
11-06-2008, 02:52 PM

Good work oz - maybe we can appoint you co sec ! A

Dave1968
11-06-2008, 02:59 PM

Exhibiting what? Will we have some projects or have they flown in some Cossack dancers? :D

drillfix
11-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Good work oz - maybe we can appoint you co sec ! A

Archer, thats Satori's position..lol Although perhaps Oz could do split shifts with him. :D

Cotik will sit the chair and issue out the other position's once we vote him in. :p

But then no time to Joke, as this company has some serious real issue's.

Sick to death of this Silent treatment, and yet I feel that I am the only one complaining about it (Im sure I am not alone on this) and I have been for complaining for ages, and I even changed my tune to tone it down a little to be patient and still this company is no different.

Of course, I want to be proven wrong and wake up to only find that its the pain killers doing this to me again :eek: but I dont think it is. I am back to starting to believe that management is incompetent. Sorry to say and post this but again, I am just calling it as I see it.

drillfix
11-06-2008, 03:31 PM
You have 1 week until conference.

Don't you mean WE :)

Perhaps its meant to be a surprise what is being presented.

This to me is what is a worrying factor though.( No information on the content.)

I mean if there is market sensitive information, surely the market would have to know about details first prior to it being presented.

Maybe one day before the conference or on the morning Uran will announce something. But for whatever reason, I cannot see it being done that way.

Anyways Satori, I am glad you have contacted Kate.

I also hope you are happy with whatever discussion you had with her.

ozelectro
11-06-2008, 04:25 PM
After communication with the company several weeks ago, it has been my understanding that due diligence was to take place in April and May, and the formal signing will take place when the Ukrainians arrived in Australia in mid-June.

Nothing to me suggests that this has changed.

SMan
11-06-2008, 05:32 PM
No announcement RE more failed Czech appeals yet. If they have been rejected this is market sensitive info and needs to be disclosed even if it is not 'convienent' at the moment.

'Receive and accept conditions in April' ?

It would only take a 200k sell would decimate the buy side - cash backing must be < 10c now.

Still intrigued with their website renovations though, why go to the trouble of shifting the website to the 'old' folder. Any computer geeks out the know how to access webpages which aren't indexed? If they have uploaded any progress on the 'new' site perhaps you can hack it?

- Still holding but maybe not for long.