PDA

View Full Version : URA-New Mexico URANIUM YEEHAW!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17

drillfix
25-11-2009, 02:07 AM
Drill - Agreed. They dont know how to sell the story to the market...

But at least they used to have nothing to sell, and didnt know how to sell it...

Scorp, not that I like to talk much anymore about previous times, but previously they Thought they had something which was the cause of previous problem. Remember? it was a Possible Production opportunity, and for the record, they did sell it to the market (successfully) as thats how I and many got sucked in by KH and Uran Management bold statements and thus the SP went up to $1.68

Indeed I agree strongly with you that Uran now fully have something and the potential to make things happen.

But they are not selling it fully like they did before, and I think it would be fantastic if they can pull some Spectacular results just the way the THX issued results of up to 10 - 13% there abouts. Now that would set eyeballs from all over in our direction and no one would give a sh!t about the Tungsten.

But as there is Tungsten there, a Media Release about it, what potentially is there and what it could mean and potential bring what value to shareholders would be an Excellent start to some PR for the company. If they can get the SP UP and not just for profit taking, but so that if more money is ever needed (or when), the statements and hidden value suddenly becomes an interesting edition to the story, rather than its current status as being a Juno Minerals, a subsidiary to Uran with no sense of worth or direction.

So not to ramble on, this in turn to me still sounds the likes of Discovery, where there is no full disclosure or transparency. This is something KATE HOBBS and co must get out of their head. ADD value to the current company and get rid of OLD METHODS or Ways of trying to do business which were the mistakes of the Past that are still current in the MINDS of the current board, and that must STOP, IMO, but we as shareholders need to pool together, See this, realise this and Inform the board, management.

FrankEd, thanks for the reminder of that.

Im just hoping that with all this New Direction and these projects, that as you can read above, that the OLD WAYS are not being practiced and where Delays were nothing but a benchmark for the company.

Another reminder which all of us shareholders should PUSH the management for to maintain. (respectively)

scorp57
25-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Uranium Energy Corp. and Uran Limited Start Exploration Drilling at the Grants Ridge Project in New Mexico

NYSE Amex Equities Exchange Symbol - UEC

AUSTIN, TX, Nov. 24 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - Uranium Energy Corp. (NYSE- UEC, the "Company") is pleased to announce that drilling commences this week at the Company's Grants Ridge Uranium Project located in New Mexico. Exploration permits have now been granted for both the Armijo and the F33 project areas at Grants Ridge. Uran Limited ("Uran"), based in Perth, Australia, is the Company's joint-venture partner and the operator of the project.

The partners commence core drilling at Armijo this week with plans to drill 215 holes ranging from 15 to 50 feet in depth on a nominal 400-foot by 400-foot grid to test the uranium mineralization over a large portion of the host Todilto Limestone.

The partners plan to start reverse-circulation drilling in December or January as ground conditions permit, with 23 holes ranging from 50 to 550 feet in depth. The drilling is designed to test for potential extensions to the south of the historic F33 Mine, where drilling by previous mine owners Homestake and Anaconda identified numerous intercepts of greater than 0.1% U(3)O8. The steeper ground at F33 will require dry or hard frozen ground to allow access.
Samples will be sent for assay to ALS Laboratory in Reno, Nevada, and Vancouver, Canada.

Metallurgical studies on the drill material will be carried out by METS metallurgical services in Perth, Australia, and the metallurgical laboratories of Hazen Research Inc. in Golden, Colorado.

The Company and joint-venture partner Uran are pleased with the processing of the exploration permits by the Mining and Minerals Division of the New Mexico Department of Energy Minerals and Natural Resources. No cultural or flora-and-fauna impediments to the grant of the permits were identified and the applications received considerable support from the local community. The Company is encouraged by these factors as regards future work on the project.
Uran, as part of its option and joint venture agreement with the Company, is paying all costs of exploration and development through completion of a feasibility study. Uran can earn a 65% interest in the Grants Ridge Project from the Company over a five-year option period by completing a feasibility study and making certain payments of cash and shares as detailed in the joint-venture announcement release dated March 17, 2009.

The Grants Ridge Project consists of 5,620 acres in the Grants Mineral Belt approximately 70 miles west of Albuquerque. It's the site of nine prior-producing uranium mines as reported in the Company's news release dated August 25, 2009.

The technical information in this news release has been prepared in accordance with the Canadian regulatory requirements set out in National Instrument 43-101 and reviewed by Clyde L. Yancey, P.G., Vice President of Exploration, for Uranium Energy Corporation, a qualified person under NI 43-101.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/uranium-energy-corp-and-uran-limited-start-exploration-drilling-at-the-grants-ridge-project-in-new-mexico-72487647.html

drillfix
25-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Scorp, easy does it there buddy, don't go giving yourself a heart attack :D

For whatever reason, why is it that when ever there is news from some other media source, it seems to be or sound so much better than when Uran issue it..LOL :rolleyes:

Good to see it is at least news somewhere in the world ;)

FrankEd
25-11-2009, 11:26 PM
70 miles west of Albuquerque.

Ha ha ha Albuquerque - just reminds me of Bugs Bunny :D

drillfix
27-11-2009, 01:41 PM
I guess another thing about holding this stock is, its a Bonus that when sh#t days happen on the market, this stock doesn't really fall that much, if any :rolleyes:

Aotea
27-11-2009, 02:02 PM
I guess another thing about holding this stock is, its a Bonus that when sh#t days happen on the market, this stock doesn't really fall that much, if any :rolleyes:

Love your optimism Drill...

drillfix
27-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Love your optimism Drill...

Hi Aotea,

Well, I have already thought of every single negative possible thing with this company and its management that when somebody said try to see the bright side, I thought it was time to see what where the possible ups, and that was one of them....LOL :p

Aotea
27-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Hi Aotea,

Well, I have already thought of every single negative possible thing with this company and its management that when somebody said try to see the bright side, I thought it was time to see what where the possible ups, and that was one of them....LOL :p

You think KH is bad, you should try holding HTM/HGD....!

drillfix
27-11-2009, 03:32 PM
You think KH is bad, you should try holding HTM/HGD....!

Haaaa~!

No thanks, Ive already got enough high risk stocks that will cook bacon and eggs as soon as I open or view my portfolio :p

Ive now got salvation on my side as I migrate slowly towards the promise land, but in these markets one an never tell exactly where that is gonna be :rolleyes:

drillfix
27-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Spoke too soon, didn't I,:rolleyes: Uran Tree Lopping Co, T.i.m.b.e.r.......~~!

scorp57
27-11-2009, 06:12 PM
haha I was just bout to say that drill!

Lots of people scared to hold over the weekend in case there is more blood shed...

Cheaper by the day... yet alot better fundamentally...

Accumulating.

drillfix
27-11-2009, 07:28 PM
Its thanksgiving day over there in the US. But meanwhile back at the ranch, over here we are the ones over here being the Turkey's get eaten up for dinner.

BRR update:

http://www.brr.com.au/event/62946/ura-exploration-permits-have-been-granted-for-armijo-and-f33-and-drilling-has-now-commenced-at-grants-ridge-new-mexico-ms-kate-hobbs-managing-director

Not much being said that we already know except, Samples being sent off next week. So may will be worth holding and waiting to see what kinda grades are gonna unfold.

It amazes me though, how Hobbs should have said this in the morning to potentially prevent such falls.

Typical uran trademark = Late

Your thoughts on her Babble Scorp? You gonna ask her a sh#t heap of questions so you can feed the HC army, or task force whichever? :rolleyes:

drillfix
03-12-2009, 01:33 AM
Cheaper by the day... yet alot better fundamentally...

Accumulating.

Scorp, cant believe you let your beloved Uran get to page 3 on this forum...LOL :p

Mate, I always thought this stock was dog cr@p, or was that management :rolleyes:, but if these up coming drill results whenever that maybe are not impressive then this stock is going to fall back to placement levels and Tie up your, mine and every uran investors money at a cost of other opportunities missed.

Scorp, if your accumulating as you say you then you must be surely in the Top 10 by now, would that be true?

scorp57
03-12-2009, 02:09 PM
not in the top 10...

Drill results will be ok as long as there is U in em...

Market valuing Uran as if they have nothing but dirt and rocks...

Undervalued now that they have the permits and have started drilling...

drillfix
03-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Now had Kate or the company play the Tungsten CARD up their sleeve, we would not need to go through all this bullsh@t

Every time some other company even mentions Tungsten, their shareprice leaps up 5 - 10c because the market believes in it accordingly.

WHY does not this company play that card, why the silence of something they have that can be used effectively.

I know, its a U company, but just another example of plain BAD MANAGEMENT as always, some thing NEVER change.

edit:
PS, it seems somebody wants out at any cost, now they scared what ever buyers are left back to 4+c so why dont they just dump and then F Off outta here~!!

scorp57
03-12-2009, 05:40 PM
YEH def poor PR from this company...

But fundamentally starting to look great in comparison to valuations...

ScrappyO
07-12-2009, 11:46 AM
Another project in the bag......Good stuff.

sorry no link

paul29
07-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Announcement out

Uravan Uranium Joint Venture, Utah and Colorado

might buy some URAOA for a punt

drillfix
07-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Hmmm, JV in both Coloarado and UTAH.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20091207/pdf/31ml2p1cr00fcf.pdf

there ya go~!

Whats up, are people waiting for an invitation to buy, or they just dont think the stock is quite worth 6c

Paul, those oppies at 3c have your name on it mate, they say "Pauls 3c Options" LOL :D

In all honesty, I think people are just seeing how the market pans out, and if it turns out to be a positive day into the afternoon, we could say some Snipe bids coming in from the sidelines close to close. (imo).

But then, with Uran who knows, its a wild card.

Maybe after a couple visits to Utah, Kate will come back with a new set of Christian values and married to some guy who already has 10 wives.

(have I got the right state? lol)

drillfix
07-12-2009, 01:24 PM
For those whom cannot be bothered clicking on links, here is page 1 of the JV info.

7 December 2009

Uravan Uranium Joint Venture, Utah and Colorado

Uran Limited (ASX:URA) is pleased to advise that it has entered into an agreement with Canadian company Summit Point Uranium Corp. (“Summit”) to earn up to an 85% equity in the Uravan Project.

The Uravan Project consists of registered mineral claims covering approximately 4,080 hectares (10,100 acres) straddling the Utah and Colorado border. The project area lies at the junction of the Uravan Belt and the Lisbon Valley trend on the Colorado Plateau, two of the largest uranium production areas in the USA between 1945 and the early 1980s. The mineral claims cover numerous historic small to medium-sized open pit and shallow underground uranium mines and lie within an active uranium exploration and mining area.

Denison Mines has three uranium mines nearby in Colorado, and operates the White Mesa uranium processing plant at Blanding in Utah. Permitting is underway for construction of a new uranium processing plant at Paradox Valley in Montrose County, Colorado, about 30 km north-east of the Uravan Project. This is expected to be operating in 2010.

Uran can earn a 65% interest in the project by:- expending US $300,000 on exploration within two years, with a minimum expenditure of $100,000 in Year 1; and issuing 2,000,000 shares to Summit upon confirmation of the joint venture following completion of the due diligence, and a further 3,000,000 shares on the earlier of grant of an exploration permit to allow drilling, or the first anniversary.

Uran is entitled to increase its equity to 85% by:- expenditure of a further $1,200,000 within a further three years: and issuing 3,000,000 shares to Summit upon completion of earning the 85% equity.

Once it has completed earning its 85% interest, Uran will have a pre-emptive right to acquire the remaining 15% if Summit wishes to divest its interest.

The agreement is conditional on Uran’s due diligence, which will be completed by 31 January 2010.

The project lies in the north-west of the San Juan sedimentary basin which extends eastwards into New Mexico, where it also hosts the Grants Ridge project. It is about five hours drive from Grants, which will allow effective utilisation of staff and drilling equipment.

The Company sees this as an outstanding low-cost opportunity to acquire a second operational area in a politically favourable environment, in an area which is an active uranium mining area with wide-spread historic high-grade mining. The shallow nature of the mineralisation will allow comparatively rapid and inexpensive exploration utilising the Company’s air-core drill rig.

ScrappyO
07-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Hmmm, JV in both Coloarado and UTAH.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20091207/pdf/31ml2p1cr00fcf.pdf

there ya go~!

Whats up, are people waiting for an invitation to buy, or they just dont think the stock is quite worth 6c

Paul, those oppies at 3c have your name on it mate, they say "Pauls 3c Options" LOL :D

In all honesty, I think people are just seeing how the market pans out, and if it turns out to be a positive day into the afternoon, we could say some Snipe bids coming in from the sidelines close to close. (imo).

But then, with Uran who knows, its a wild card.

Maybe after a couple visits to Utah, Kate will come back with a new set of Christian values and married to some guy who already has 10 wives.

(have I got the right state? lol)

I Picked up those options today...3 cents Bargain.

Emailed uran to get a little more info about Juno Minerals and where it is heading. Looking at the ann's at the beginning of the year they were supposed to drill in october 09?

scorp57
07-12-2009, 11:17 PM
I would say focus has shifted back to Uranium and capital is not something they have alot of...

Todays news is massive, and coupled with Grants Ridge being drilled as we speak, I think the market is now starting to look ignorant of what is actually happening...

The projects may not be short term, but neither are 98% of the projects on the rest of the market...

They are ignoring the building of what looks to be a smart U explorer, and look out when they awake to what is happening...

drillfix
08-12-2009, 12:43 AM
I Picked up those options today...3 cents Bargain.

Emailed uran to get a little more info about Juno Minerals and where it is heading. Looking at the ann's at the beginning of the year they were supposed to drill in october 09?

Good on Ya Scrappy, Im sure alot of folks were just eye balling those and I thought Paul29 had a trigger finger feeling in his hand today but I must have been mistaken :D

As posted below, todays nice ann will count for very little while markets are in such a climate condition.

I thought they would have been drilling during the past couple of months as it is moving into the Winter over there, and JANUARY can become Cold and Icy weather indeed, there may be 20ft of snow, who knows, but I wish they would be CLEAR about what they say they are gonna do.

They are unaware that whatever Tungsten they have, should have, could have, whatever, that the story itself is an ASSET and it can be marketed accordingly to attract INVESTORS accordingly.

Yet this management just dont get it, they only know "their way" which is a "slow and mundane inside the box" type approach.

Good news folks, but IMO company still needs to GET A MOVE ON and pull the finger out of their @ss and start thinking what type of World and Pace the world is in, as to its investors. (whom previous experience has proven management dont give a sh#t about).

WE REMEMBER YOUR PREVIOUS BS KATE, DO NOT LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN.

Now get your boots on and start pumping U~dirt~!

Todays news is massive, and coupled with Grants Ridge being drilled as we speak, I think the market is now starting to look ignorant of what is actually happening...

Indeed Scorp, in fact this very announcement should have probably added close to 5 cents to the SP, but also you are right that, MONEY has got to come from somewhere to pay for these projects, sometime, by somebody.

What they need to do is have two of these little rigs continually blazing rather than one at a time. I mean for the cost of a Ford Truck with a mounted drill rig on it, Get to it, Get it on is what I say. These are some things that Management should ReThink, rather than playing a slow 1 by 1 and then move the Rig/truck type thing, Think Big and Think FAST.

Back to the SP, the markets are cautious, and specs like this Woofer get ignored no matter what when there is ANY doubt.

Like mentioned in another thread, if the market is going south, it will count for little in the short term.

Hence having more info and tricks up your sleeve to play (IE TUNGSTEN)

corran
08-12-2009, 12:58 AM
Anyone been able to find some info on this 'Summit Point Uranium Corp'?

I can only find a few references to it on the internet. Most are relating to this announcement. The only other relevant one I can find is a small filing date announcement of 6/4/2008.

I would be much more excited by this announcement if I could find evidence that the JV partner was a credible organisation with a good track record.

drillfix
08-12-2009, 01:12 AM
I would be much more excited by this announcement if I could find evidence that the JV partner was a credible organisation with a good track record.

Corran, I wouldnt be surprised with this Mob if it was another company setup by Kate and Gang to do a deal of something we should already have :rolleyes:

As much as I am glad its happening, from my past experience and encounters, I cannot discount anything bizarre or unthinkable due to the past Transparency issues which was a 100% problem in the past in terms of operational practice.

Have you checked out the TSX (toronto venture exchange)?

corran
08-12-2009, 01:37 AM
Hi Drill,

Yeah, I had a look at the TSX venture exchange but couldn't see it listed there.

Very happy to be proven wrong though :-)

drillfix
08-12-2009, 02:03 AM
Hi Drill,

Yeah, I had a look at the TSX venture exchange but couldn't see it listed there.

Very happy to be proven wrong though :-)

Corran, good point you make there mate and matters like this need Explained Fully and made transparent, as I too am having great difficulty finding INFO about this "Summit Point Uranium Corp"

Scorp, you are the Sheriff around here, whats up, who is Kate Fleecing now besides its own shareholders? :rolleyes:

scorp57
08-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Drill - your negative PR is almost as bad as the companies... how bout we all just calm down eh?

We got another project.. lets not turn that into "the company sux again"? surely?

Uran, after these drill results, could well be a takeover target...

2 projects in the USA, Tungsten deposit, and all the blue sky crap in the CR and Ukraine etc still in the shadows, for a few million???

Pfft! would be a steal for a few companies that have $$$ in the kitty...

zed327
08-12-2009, 01:06 PM
This company is classic. ;)

Kates got more sly tricks than Tiger on tour. :D

Never Never trust this companys announcements and only trade by the charts.

Don't get sucked in with the carrot and donkey set ups that Kate and Co love to put out. :rolleyes:

scorp57
08-12-2009, 01:16 PM
They are drilling as we speak!!!!!!!

How much clearer can we say it????

F*#k tungsten - we just got a new project!! Wake up to yourselves people!!

drillfix
08-12-2009, 01:17 PM
Scorp, Zed,

We make a good mix dont we, one who is confident, one who is negative and me who probably is just plain nuts.

Guys, sure uran has some FA, but having been stung previously, and when Corran raises a valid point, I get worried.

Still no more info on this Summit Point Uranium Corp, so while that is the status, the first thing I think about is what possible formation of this company is, and who has it been started by, and what is the association with Kate or Uran (prior to the actual JV).

I wouldn't put it past these guys thats all.

A part from that, yes, lets see and hear of some drilling results, but lets also be careful, somebody is selling this down, its obvious, and its not just because I post here on ShareTrader. ROFL

There are only about 10 people who read this thread and we mostly know who that is so lets not say its me talking it down thats affecting the SP.

As Corren says, would love to be proven wrong, thats all.

drillfix
08-12-2009, 01:25 PM

Easy does it Scorp, your losing the plot as well as the previous point about Tungsten.

Previous points were:
Any other company that has a tungsten project and when they make an Ann about Tungsten, their sharepirce rises by 5 - 10c depending on the ANN.

If you want the SP to rise on drilling, well unless its spectacular, it aint gonna happen buddy. Not in this market climate.

IF the company was smart, they should use anything that is marketable and use it to offer investors incentive for investing. That is simple, is it not? Sheez

I fully agree with GazProm whom recently posted this in the PLV thread:

" it is critical, in my opinion, for a company to be as open and detailed as possible about its plans and developments. The more a company can report information to the market on a regular basis, the better the performance of that company will be in the long run."

Whats wrong with Uran doing that, is it too hard?

As a shareholder (and previous one) if Transparency starts to become cloudy about ANYTHING then I want to know exactly what and why even if this is about company JVs with companies that are from God knows where.

corran
08-12-2009, 09:13 PM
They are drilling as we speak!!!!!!!

How much clearer can we say it????

Wake up to ourselves?

As investors it's prudent to know as much as we can about this announcement and the JV partner.

Based on the research I've done, there are a lot of unanswered questions about Summit Point Uranium Corp.

I can find no references to it on the internet to suggest it's a credible company (there is a small refererence refering to a company filing but thats it).

The only name I can find associated to Summit Point Uranium is Matt (Matty) Johnston who's biography states that he's a management consultant to Summit Point Uranium. Johnston is president of Johnston-Sequoia Consulting. Again, I can't find anything on the internet that gives me confidence this is a credible organisation.

I also find it disconcerting that URAN didn't disclose anything about Summit Point Uranium in the JV announcement. Why not give us shareholders some background on the company we're entering into the agreement with? In my experience, not telling us anything about the JV partner does not bode well for this agreement and is bound to make many current and potential shareholders nervous about investing, especially given URAN's terrible track record.

scorp57
08-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Corran - my post was mainly aimed at Zed...

The drilling of Grants Ridge is enough for me at the moment...

You guys can delve into Summit etc as much as you like and I understand the credibility issues with regards to anything Uran does...

However, when any announcement by the company that reads as a step forward, is consistantly shot down by the people on this forum as "carrots" etc I am more than entitled to speak my mind too...

They are drilling Grants Ridge ATM... Simple as that...

Not a carrot, and anyone who says otherwise, will be told otherwise...

as for the other projects, say what you will...

paul29
08-12-2009, 11:50 PM
Options for 3 cents or shares for 5.5 cents i went for the shares

scorp57
Uran, after these drill results, could well be a takeover target...

2 projects in the USA, Tungsten deposit, and all the blue sky crap in the CR and Ukraine etc still in the shadows, for a few million???

Pfft! would be a steal for a few companies that have $$$ in the kitty...

Uran 10cents in the next few weeks and i be happy 4 cents and not so happy

scorp57
09-12-2009, 12:19 AM
next few weeks?

anything could happen... especially in this market...

no doubt they will get over 10c eventually...

when? well I'm not smart enough to know that...

paul29
09-12-2009, 12:23 AM
History
The Uravan mineral belt in the Colorado Plateau has a lengthy mining history, with the first ore shipment made to France in 1898. World War II brought increased attention to the uranium ores in the Uravan area. During WWII, Uravan provided part of the uranium needed by the Manhattan Project for the first atomic bomb. Because of wartime secrecy the Manhattan Project would only publicly admit to purchasing the vanadium, and did not pay the uranium miners for the uranium ore (in a later lawsuit, many miners were able to reclaim lost profits from the U.S. government). By the 1950's this district was one of the world's foremost producers of both uranium and vanadium. Throughout the 30 years of mining history at the Uravan Belt (1948 Ð 1978), over 63 million pounds of uranium and 330 million pounds of Vanadium have been produced which was contributed to by more than 1,200 individual mines. Production continued uninterrupted until 1984 when low uranium prices forced the closure of all operations. Production resumed in 1987, but closed again in 1990.

The majority of the uranium-vanadium deposits in this region are hosted in the upper Jurassic Salt Wash Member of the Morrison Formation and the Triassic Moss Back Member of the Chinle Formation. All three properties are located in lithologically favorable zones of the Salt Wash Member.

paul29
09-12-2009, 12:34 AM
The Uravan mineral belt is the oldest uranium mining area in the United States and is historically the most productive uranium and vanadium region in Colorado. The Uravan belt has about 1,200 historic mines that produced over 63 million pounds of uranium and 330 million pounds of vanadium from 1948 to 1978. Colorado ranks third among states for uranium reserves, behind Wyoming and New Mexico

Montrose County lies within the Uravan mineral belt and is the most important producing county in the belt and the state. Production in this county from February 1, 1948 to January 1, 1978 was 7,369,000 tons of ore mined at a grade of 0.25% Uranium producing 36,428,000 lb of Uranium. Of the ore mined 7,321,000 tons were processed for Vanadium, producing 187,104,000 lb of Vanadium at a grade of 1.28%.

ozelectro
09-12-2009, 01:31 AM
Drilly, Scorp and Co I really hope Uran find something and the share price can get back into double figures and beyond. I still read this thread from time to time and have Uran on my watchlist, but I'd never invest in these guys again. I've got my eye on another ASX-listed uranium explorer that I hope pays off for me!

Good luck :)

drillfix
09-12-2009, 03:50 AM
Hi there OZ, great to see you again mate.

Thanks for your support and well wishing. I too certainly hope things pan out well for the co, but I still seem to become easily Objective when I see and read half baked announcements that give news, but not what I call Full Disclosure.

Hopefully there will be some more info made on this and some Drill results for current projects will be issued and start to create some value and interest also for the co.

Anyways Oz, good to hear from ya again and good luck with your current investments, may you prosper well from them~!

Paul,
Good post on the background information regarding those area's and previous results and volumes.

What is missing though is when, how, and why this current JV partner got hold of them and what the full status of the company is, where are they located and what previous success or failings it has encountered.

It would be good and healthy for shareholders to know this, otherwise its like Kate Hobbs saying, Folks here is my brother the Devil, he is coming on board and his ticket are these tenements so don't any shareholder ask where and how they acquired them.

I repeat from the previous post:
" it is critical, in my opinion, for a company to be as open and detailed as possible about its plans and developments. The more a company can report information to the market on a regular basis, the better the performance of that company will be in the long run."

drillfix
09-12-2009, 06:28 PM
So fellow uranals, WTF is management to help support the sp if need be?

Nowhere to be seen except a very late in the day presentation.
A lot good that did, any later it would have come after market. You see the trick is, do it right before the market starts so people can read it and absorb it.

Where iis this TransOcean Mob? the new Director on board??

FFS, they are probably the ones that are selling the Co down the drain.

Ahh well, can always buy more at 3 Fkn cents hey, how wonderful.

STRAT, the DF indicator is way off the chart again friend, however no chart Caters for lengthy indicator drops such as mine.

ScrappyO
09-12-2009, 07:53 PM
I can see another issue coming our way after that ann. Only 420K in the bank..

drillfix
09-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Your right about that one Scrappy, that one is easy to see.

Problem here is, management just cant seem to get the share price up, and this would save the Co being diluted like Cordial.

Another 3c raising perhaps??? Maybe thats why transoceanic (whatever their name is) are dumping, so they can get another squillion of them and do the same thing again so they can dump what they own now at a premium. (if that is indeed the case)

My problem and rant with this Co is that Management have admitted previously, they don't watch or care about the share price. But if they used their heads, they could save shareholders and themselves lots of headaches and dilution by allowing the market to work for them, but they don't as they are out of sync with their marketing and their programs.

Where is the roadshow going to? whom will it be presented to? why should they care about this co?

ps:
I will at least give them credit for actually showing Who owns Juno Minerals, and how that fits in with the Tungsten Projects.

zed327
10-12-2009, 01:34 AM
Many many investors have seen a heap of Urans carrots over the past 3.5 yrs. :rolleyes:

420k left in the kitty :eek:

Chart looks sick and all can hear from the chief cheer leader is a glossy reasurrance that the tungstan is gunna make the SP fly. :rolleyes:

Summit sounds very dodgy if we can't easily get info on this JV partner.

Hope you all had your stop losses in this time.

drillfix
10-12-2009, 01:55 AM
Chart looks sick and all can hear from the chief cheer leader is a glossy reasurrance that the tungstan is gunna make the SP fly. :rolleyes:

Zed, why you calling me a cheer leader? :confused: Ive previously been saying that they should make the fact they have tungsten known and market it via Anns and not leave it stashed away.

If the Co did have some tungsten results of any kind to offer, then it would increase interest and thus the sp accordingly, check out VMS as an example, they do it well and they present it well (as well) ;)

Adding to this, plenty of companies getting knocked about in this climate, news or no news, IMO that should not be an alternative excuse for a falling SP. I feel it has got something to do with Transoceanic.

zed327
10-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Not you Drill

Scorps the company chear leader.

No matter how bad this management is he'll keep singing the companys love song. :rolleyes:

Could hardly call you a cheer leader Drill as you really do not trust Kate and Co after what happened before.

I don't think Kate will ever change her way of running companies.

drillfix
10-12-2009, 01:47 PM
I don't think Kate will ever change her way of running companies.

Totally agree there Zed,

And truth be known even if the co had some success and the sp was 30c, I still do not believe I can fully trust this management.

But hey Zed, go easy on Scorp, he really is a good dude, and although you 2 both have completely different opinions/views of the co its still good to acknowledge the both rights and wrongs of each others expressions as you know.

/end feedback]

drillfix
10-12-2009, 02:00 PM
I can see another issue coming our way after that ann. Only 420K in the bank..

Scrappy, I think you have hit the nail on the head there mate.

Folks, URA has dropped quite a bit from their recent highs and granted that yes the markets are falling a bit, the sector has wobbles and lots of cash is sitting there on the sidelines.

Also with a roadshow presentation being announced in a "timely" fashion late in the day yesterday, what does this mean?

It means that the reason why this stock is falling is because is the company is going to do a raising and those who hold plenty are cashing in NOW so they can do the same as what they did previously.

To me, Kate has let the Wolf into the den to eat whatever chickens it wants and when it pleases.

/Kate Bash Off]

scorp57
10-12-2009, 02:18 PM
Zed - If you want to be a c*#t please keep it on hotcopper...

I really despise having you here poisoning this place...

I never said anything about Tungsten, if you read back... I actually said ":F^@k Tungsten"

Your credibility is shot after 1000 posts of a sub-intelligent nature on HC.

Cant be any more honest than I have been...

Management suck at PR, but the company is in a better position than ever before... and are drilling a U deposit in New Mexico...

If you can disprove that, then go ahead, if you can't,... then I suggest you shut the f&*k up...

drillfix
10-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Trading Halt

Raising, or results given in New Mexico that outshine that of THX (I wish) :rolleyes:

or how about Raising?

kerryo
10-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Proposed cap raising .... as predicted.

drillfix
10-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Taa Daaa,

The Directors of Uran Limited (ASX: URA) request a trading halt be placed on the Company’s securities pending the release of an announcement to the market in relation to a proposed capital raising.

The Company requests the securities remain in pre-open until the earlier of an announcement in relation to a proposed capital raising or the commencement of trade on Monday 14th December 2009.

The Company is not aware of any reason why this should not be granted.

Why this should not be granted? Probably because somebody KNEW before hand, thats why.

People can agree that the Fundamentals for Uran were only getting better by the day and were only getting confused why the stock is being Sold Down and now to 5 cents.

Now lets see how this pans out, will it be for the good of Shareholders or for the GREED of Transoceanic or Sophies.

Which will it be and for HOW MUCH, cast your votes here folks~!

Aotea
10-12-2009, 02:38 PM
Taa Daaa,

The Directors of Uran Limited (ASX: URA) request a trading halt be placed on the Company’s securities pending the release of an announcement to the market in relation to a proposed capital raising.

The Company requests the securities remain in pre-open until the earlier of an announcement in relation to a proposed capital raising or the commencement of trade on Monday 14th December 2009.

The Company is not aware of any reason why this should not be granted.

Why this should not be granted? Probably because somebody KNEW before hand, thats why.

People can agree that the Fundamentals for Uran were only getting better by the day and were only getting confused why the stock is being Sold Down and now to 5 cents.

Now lets see how this pans out, will it be for the good of Shareholders or for the GREED of Transoceanic or Sophies.

Which will it be and for HOW MUCH, cast your votes here folks~!

Drill, fair call, but maybe they have found a fat lode and want to begin mine production as soon as possible??
hehe, unlikely but hey, who knows?

drillfix
10-12-2009, 02:51 PM
Drill, fair call, but maybe they have found a fat lode and want to begin mine production as soon as possible??
hehe, unlikely but hey, who knows?

Aotea, glad to see someone with a sense of humour today :D

I will speculate that he Co will issue shares to only Sophies, and @ 4 cents

Anybody else agree? or whats your call?

drillfix
10-12-2009, 03:18 PM
For those inclined.

Boardroom Radio Interview: Grants Ridge New Mexico Update

http://www.brr.com.au/event/63144

Dont forget, you can send Kate a comment or ask questions from the link below on the interview. (for those who have questions)

My question would be? Kate, why do a BRR interview once you have gone into a trading halt, why not before hand you can market the Co better, Duhhhh~!

Aotea
10-12-2009, 03:20 PM
For those inclined.

Boardroom Radio Interview: Grants Ridge New Mexico Update

http://www.brr.com.au/event/63144

Dont forget, you can send Kate a comment or ask questions from the link below on the interview. (for those who have questions)

While Im feeling humerous, the BRR event is quite positive...Does sound reasonable, and Kate does make some fair points. Am hopeful...two projects so close by, soft substrates and histroical mines coupled with a cheap buy-in.
Hell, Im almost convincing myself its all good...

drillfix
10-12-2009, 03:27 PM
Actually agree Aotea, she does make some fair points and the overall BRR thing has been a positive exercise with some positive information. :) Its just that Kates timing Sucks :rolleyes:

Btw, OMG, I cant believe it, KATE ACTUALLY ADMITTED about the Ukraine...Ahmen Salvation to Kate :eek:

If she keeps it up, one day she actually might even be forgiven if she is luck~!

Archer
10-12-2009, 03:55 PM
come on drillFix - you gotta Maintain the Rage - (an Aussie phrase folks from 1975 ) A

scorp57
10-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Cap raising it would seem, HOWEVER!!!!

BRR interview suggests that drilling can start at the new project within 6 months, and it has the potential to be a LARGE SCALE U project.

secondly, Grants Ridge assay results will be back in the next couple of weeks!

Hold onto your butts!!!

all you guys who want to keep whinging etc, go ahead... the company can't hear you (thank god for that)

drillfix
10-12-2009, 04:32 PM
come on drillFix - you gotta Maintain the Rage - (an Aussie phrase folks from 1975 ) A

Huhh??? Say Wha??

You mean maintain my rage towards Kate, no problem, that will always be there as long as I live. :mad:

I just seem to control it a bit better than I have back in previously months :rolleyes: ;)

shasta
10-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Actually agree Aotea, she does make some fair points and the overall BRR thing has been a positive exercise with some positive information. :) Its just that Kates timing Sucks :rolleyes:

Btw, OMG, I cant believe it, KATE ACTUALLY ADMITTED about the Ukraine...Ahmen Salvation to Kate :eek:

If she keeps it up, one day she actually might even be forgiven if she is luck~!

Did i hear Ukraine :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

drillfix
10-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Did i hear Ukraine :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

LOL Shasta, yes mate you did hear her mention that.

Of course, she acknowledged that Ukraine was a disaster but she STILL did not acknowledge the Poor Shareholders whom turned to Burnt Toast because of it.

Best not to get started back on that topic again, but I tell ya Shasta, good to see ya back in the thread even for a quick post :)

shasta
10-12-2009, 05:11 PM
LOL Shasta, yes mate you did hear her mention that.

Of course, she acknowledged that Ukraine was a disaster but she STILL did not acknowledge the Poor Shareholders whom turned to Burnt Toast because of it.

Best not to get started back on that topic again, but I tell ya Shasta, good to see ya back in the thread even for a quick post :)

I did alot of number crunching on those Ukraine deposits & if they were ever to proceed, i'd be back in boots & all :D

scorp57
10-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Mac equity partners, got a placement of 10,000,000 FPO'S for 5c...

sounds fine by me :) funding Grants Ridge and Uravan drilling.

go hard... anything to fast track etc is welcome by me!

ScrappyO
10-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Mac equity partners, got a placement of 10,000,000 FPO'S for 5c...

sounds fine by me :) funding Grants Ridge and Uravan drilling.

go hard... anything to fast track etc is welcome by me!

Yeh i'm fine with that..at least it will get us through these drills and with a bit of luck a good sp increase to boot.

zed327
11-12-2009, 12:38 AM
Zed - If you want to be a c*#t please keep it on hotcopper...

I really despise having you here poisoning this place...

I never said anything about Tungsten, if you read back... I actually said ":F^@k Tungsten"

Your credibility is shot after 1000 posts of a sub-intelligent nature on HC.

Cant be any more honest than I have been...

Management suck at PR, but the company is in a better position than ever before... and are drilling a U deposit in New Mexico...

If you can disprove that, then go ahead, if you can't,... then I suggest you shut the f&*k up...

Harden up Princess ;):D:D:D:rolleyes:

scorp57
11-12-2009, 01:57 AM
Harden up Princess ;):D:D:D:rolleyes:

Says "The Emoticon Queen"...

drillfix
11-12-2009, 04:20 AM
Hey Lads,

I know this may sound odd from a sometimes extremist like me, but can you both just Tone down with the big fonts and name slinging and stuff, you know sticks and stones and bones and all that.

A few quick factors both of you can agree to, there can be a huge list but no need to start a Wikipedia on the co.

1. Uran is simply a Micro dog of a stock with growing potential by the week/month. We all know this.

2. Uran's management from past records show they probably shouldn't be trusted although, with new change in focus brings genuine opportunity with Real Projects. Again, we all know this too.

3. Horn tooting should be prohibited until the facts are in and there for all our sakes, plus Management of this co need to stay on top of their game and shareholders need to remind them too.

Zed, Scorp is not a bad fella or ramper like the classic rampers which are in abundance on HC, and this is not HC, it is ST. Scorp has been here for years with contrary views at previous times and he should not be judged for the past on what is happening now, thats all he is really trying to say to you.

Scorp, Zed has been badly burned and barely escaped by the skin of his teeth by previous actions of this company, I wish it was me that escaped and listened to him back then. In Fact, I did Listen and joined Team Zed but I fell back into routine with the so called faithful who were all Mislead by no communication by this so called current Management, so we must ALWAYS remain cautious until goals are achieved.

Well, there is my soap box speech for the evening, hope it helps :rolleyes: :p

scorp57
11-12-2009, 01:32 PM
I agree...

This sort of thing has no place here... should be kept at hotcopper etc where it always has been...

kerryo
11-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Trading holt lifted .... open for business :D

drillfix
11-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Trading holt lifted .... open for business :D

Hi Kerry,

So you know, the recent TH was lifted about 1 hour after it was issued.

In that time, there also were 2 million shares were also issued to ?? someone (I think).

I wonder if that was the first load of stock issued to that new secretive Canadian Company :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, it seems like most of the U sector is also taking a bit of a flogging so anybody got any guess when it would be expected to pick up a bit?

paul29
12-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Uran could have potential in Ukraine or Kazakhstan ?

Iran's nuclear ambitions highlight Kazakhstan's uranium potential

One bonus of the global recession is that it wiped a lot of incompetent hedge fund managers and energy speculators from the canyons of Wall Street.

As the Gordon Gecko sycophants regroup and look for the next Big Thing, maximizing profit while minimizing risk, the landscape looks very different than it did a year ago. In such a climate, it is uranium, not oil and natural gas that would seem to have the brightest future for one simple, overriding capitalist principle - supply and demand.

Whatever agreements are reached at December's global climate warming summit in Copenhagen, they can only boost uranium's appeal, as the carbon footprint of a nuclear power station consists primarily of the carbon cost of mining uranium fuel, not a nuclear power plant (NPP)'s operation.

According a University of Wisconsin study, NPPs only emit about 17 tons of carbon dioxide per megawatt, little more than wind and geothermal power, the lowest sources. In contrast, coal has the highest carbon emissions at about 1,000 tons per megawatt. Accordingly, expect to see many nuclear power cheerleaders emerge in Copenhagen.

Consider - two years ago, London's World Nuclear Association in May reported that worldwide, 256 reactors were either in the planning stage or under construction.

Even Ukraine, site of the infamous 1986 Chernobyl disaster, has announced plans to build 22 new nuclear power stations, while the United States, site of the 1979 Three Mile Island partial meltdown accident, has 23 reactors being proposed. These new reactors would be in addition to the 439 nuclear power reactors worldwide in 31 countries generating 372,000 megawatts reported by the International Atomic Energy Agency, an increase of 58 percent, all needing fuel.

According to the Wall Street Journal on November 29, "Iran announced a massive expansion of its nuclear program. President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad unveiled in a cabinet meeting plans to build 10 more nuclear facilities for enriching uranium."

The nuclear issue even impacted last year's U.S. presidential election, as Republican nominee John McCain committed his administration, if elected, to begin planning for the eventual construction of 45 new nuclear power plants in the United States by 2030, twice the number currently on the drawing boards.

Europe is also interested in expanding its nuclear power industry, which represents 45 percent of the world's currently operating nuclear facilities and 33 percent of new reactor construction. European nations currently operate 197 nuclear power plants generating 169,842 megawatts, and 12 European countries are planning or considering proposals for up to 67 additional reactors.

The story is the same in Asia. South Korea relies on nuclear energy to produce 45 percent of the country's electricity and Japan is not far behind, relying on nuclear power for 30 percent of its energy needs.

Asia's economic powerhouses China and India are interested in nuclear energy as well. India is increasingly interested in nuclear electrical power generation despite the fact that nuclear currently accounts for a paltry 3 percent to 4 percent of the country's power needs; India has 19 planned and proposed nuclear power reactors.

Like India, China is a relative newcomer to nuclear power generation, deriving only 2.3 percent of its electricity from nuclear power, compared with the United States' nearly 20 percent. Of China's 11 current NPPs; the oldest, Qingshan-1, only came online in 1991.

China's Commission of Science Technology and Industry for National Defense in its 11th Five-Year Plan for the Nuclear Industry said China will prospect for and develop indigenous uranium deposits in order to expand the nation's ability to produce 40 gigawatts of nuclear power electrical generating capacity by 2020.

Further accelerating China's move towards nuclear power, on 26 November Prime Minister Wen Jiabao announced his country's plan to cut carbon-emissions intensity 40 to 45 percent by 2020 compared to 2005 levels.

Carbon intensity is the emissions produced per unit of economic output, and in order to meet the target, China is apparently committing itself to implementing ambitious energy-efficiency and fuel-switching policies. Since most renewable and alternate non-fossil energy is in the power sector, this would mean a much higher percentage of China's total electricity generation to meet these goals will need to come from non-fossil fuel sources, including renewables and nuclear energy.

To be on the safe side, China is also developing a national uranium reserve, to commence in 2010.

Despite Beijing's ambitious attempts to expand uranium production in Xinjiang and elsewhere however, local sources will be insufficient to meet domestic needs despite country-wide prospecting. Analysts predict that within less than a decade China's planned nuclear power reactors will consume 44 million pounds of uranium annually, as more than 16 provinces, regions and municipalities have announced intentions to build nuclear power plants within the next eight years -- a total of 77 planned and proposed new reactors.

The revival of interest in nuclear power in the wake of record high oil prices and despite environmentalists' opposition will prove a boon for uranium-producing nations.

Current global production of uranium is approximately 40,000 tons annually. The math of the analysts quoted above on China's needs means that without increased production, China alone would consume 55 percent of current world output within a decade.

Canada currently leads world production, with 25 percent of the world's output, followed by Australia. Kazakhstan is currently the world's third-biggest uranium miner.

The three countries currently account for more than half of global uranium production. Other uranium mining nations include the United States, the Russian Federation, Portugal, Namibia and Niger, but those seeking reliable supplies must needs look to the "Big Three."

Kazakhstan contains the world's second-largest uranium reserves, estimated at 1.5 million tons. In 2006 it produced 5,279 tons of uranium, 21 percent more than in 2005.

But Kazakhstan has ambitious plans to massively boost its output of the silvery metal, as evidenced by this year's production. Kazatomprom, the country's national nuclear corporation, said in a press release last month that the country boosted uranium output an eye-watering 61 percent year-on-year in January-September to 9,535 tons, 3 percent above the government's target for the period.

Part of the reason for Kazakhtatomprom's success was opening five new mines last year. According to Kazatomprom's statistics, global uranium output in 2009 is projected to be 11,000 tons in Canada, 9,430 tons in Australia and 12,800 tons in Kazakhstan.

Kazakhstan is not only increasing its mine production, but moving to develop fuel fabrication facilities in an effort to move from mining to the higher value-added production of nuclear fuel fabrication.

Kazakhstan's nuclear fuel issue will be of keen interest in Moscow, as it is currently a world leader in the technology.

Despite its technological mastery, unlike its dominant position in the world's oil and natural gas market, Russia's footprint in the global uranium market remains relatively small. Russian state holding company Atomprom is the world's seventh-largest holder of uranium ore reserves, the third-largest producer of nuclear fuel but only the world's fifth-largest miner of uranium.

Current Russian production is only 3,000 metric tons of uranium ore out of an annual requirement of 18,000 metric tons.

Russia's oldest operational nuclear power facility, Novovoronezh-3, came online in 1971. The Russian Federation now operates 10 nuclear power plants with a total of 31 reaktor bol'shoi moshchnosti kanalnii reactor units, which supply approximately 16 percent of Russia's energy needs.

Except for the Bilbino Nuclear Power Plant in eastern Siberia, the other nine complexes are all located in European Russia.

Putin's administration is committed to expanding Russia's nuclear energy use, noting in his 2007 annual address, "Over the entire Soviet period, 30 nuclear power plant units were built, but we plan to build 26 such units over the next 12 years, and to do so using the most advanced technology available."

As with its oil industry, Kazakhstan has actively courted foreign investment for its mining operations. Kazakhstan has signed multiple contracts, including technology transfer agreements, with companies from Canada, Japan, France, and China.

The world's leading producer of uranium oxide, Canada's Cameco, has a 60-percent share in Kazakhstan's Inkai uranium mining operation, while the state atomic energy agency, Kazatomprom, the world's fourth-largest producer, also has a stake in Inkai.

Nor is the investment one way; Kazatomprom, flush with cash, has proposed purchasing a 10-percent stake in the U.S. company Westinghouse Electric.

While the price of uranium in the last several years has been volatile, the overall trend of the last decade has been strongly upwards. In 2001 a pound of uranium sold for between $5 and $10. Current prices in the spot uranium market have trended between $40 and $50 all year after having soared to $140 along with oil in 2007.

The 2007 price resulted from the end of Russian dumping, surging apparent increases in demand plus massive liquidity via hedge funds and participation certificates, plus, combining with the difficulty of valuing uranium stocks. Despite these variables, given the projected construction and demand of NPP plants worldwide over the next decade, even a cashiered Wall Street analyst might be able to conclude that the price trend is likely to be upwards.

Rio Tinto's listed uranium subsidiary, Energy Resources of Australia CEO Rob Atkinson, recently commented in The Australian that current relatively low uranium spot market prices combined the effects of the global recession are hampering mine development in a number of countries, setting the scene for a future uranium shortage, noting, "Given production issues that are going on across the world and the (longer-term) demand from power stations, spot prices seem a bit out of kilter at the moment."

Atkinson's comments echoed an earlier report, as the Royal Bank of Canada Capital Markets noted in a study, "Investing in Uranium Companies," that a supply gap will exist in uranium after 2013. As NPPs are licensed to run for 40 years, with many re-licensed for another 20 years, new NPPs will not be replacing existing plants, but only adding to demand.

Kazakhstan's nuclear policies have won it plaudits in the international community, beginning when it voluntarily relinquished its Soviet-era nuclear arsenal. Now the IAEA is considering Kazakhstan's proposal to host a nuclear fuel bank on its territory, a gesture that might yet cut the international Gordian knot of Iran's civilian nuclear program.

In short, Kazakhstan is fast becoming a major player on the world nuclear stage, even in the diplomatic sphere and its potential to increase its share of the world's uranium market is a certain bet over the next few years, as it has its influence in the global oil market.

Its government's relative stability and investor friendly climate are added pluses, but for those Wall Street Masters of the Universe disinclined to deal with President Nazarbayev's regime, there are always profits to be made in Namibia and Niger.

And, of course, China, Japan, South Korea and India are only too willing to pick up the slack.

shasta
12-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Uran could have potential in Ukraine or Kazakhstan ?

Iran's nuclear ambitions highlight Kazakhstan's uranium potential

One bonus of the global recession is that it wiped a lot of incompetent hedge fund managers and energy speculators from the canyons of Wall Street.

As the Gordon Gecko sycophants regroup and look for the next Big Thing, maximizing profit while minimizing risk, the landscape looks very different than it did a year ago. In such a climate, it is uranium, not oil and natural gas that would seem to have the brightest future for one simple, overriding capitalist principle - supply and demand.

Whatever agreements are reached at December's global climate warming summit in Copenhagen, they can only boost uranium's appeal, as the carbon footprint of a nuclear power station consists primarily of the carbon cost of mining uranium fuel, not a nuclear power plant (NPP)'s operation.

According a University of Wisconsin study, NPPs only emit about 17 tons of carbon dioxide per megawatt, little more than wind and geothermal power, the lowest sources. In contrast, coal has the highest carbon emissions at about 1,000 tons per megawatt. Accordingly, expect to see many nuclear power cheerleaders emerge in Copenhagen.

Consider - two years ago, London's World Nuclear Association in May reported that worldwide, 256 reactors were either in the planning stage or under construction.

Even Ukraine, site of the infamous 1986 Chernobyl disaster, has announced plans to build 22 new nuclear power stations, while the United States, site of the 1979 Three Mile Island partial meltdown accident, has 23 reactors being proposed. These new reactors would be in addition to the 439 nuclear power reactors worldwide in 31 countries generating 372,000 megawatts reported by the International Atomic Energy Agency, an increase of 58 percent, all needing fuel.

According to the Wall Street Journal on November 29, "Iran announced a massive expansion of its nuclear program. President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad unveiled in a cabinet meeting plans to build 10 more nuclear facilities for enriching uranium."

The nuclear issue even impacted last year's U.S. presidential election, as Republican nominee John McCain committed his administration, if elected, to begin planning for the eventual construction of 45 new nuclear power plants in the United States by 2030, twice the number currently on the drawing boards.

Europe is also interested in expanding its nuclear power industry, which represents 45 percent of the world's currently operating nuclear facilities and 33 percent of new reactor construction. European nations currently operate 197 nuclear power plants generating 169,842 megawatts, and 12 European countries are planning or considering proposals for up to 67 additional reactors.

The story is the same in Asia. South Korea relies on nuclear energy to produce 45 percent of the country's electricity and Japan is not far behind, relying on nuclear power for 30 percent of its energy needs.

Asia's economic powerhouses China and India are interested in nuclear energy as well. India is increasingly interested in nuclear electrical power generation despite the fact that nuclear currently accounts for a paltry 3 percent to 4 percent of the country's power needs; India has 19 planned and proposed nuclear power reactors.

Like India, China is a relative newcomer to nuclear power generation, deriving only 2.3 percent of its electricity from nuclear power, compared with the United States' nearly 20 percent. Of China's 11 current NPPs; the oldest, Qingshan-1, only came online in 1991.

China's Commission of Science Technology and Industry for National Defense in its 11th Five-Year Plan for the Nuclear Industry said China will prospect for and develop indigenous uranium deposits in order to expand the nation's ability to produce 40 gigawatts of nuclear power electrical generating capacity by 2020.

Further accelerating China's move towards nuclear power, on 26 November Prime Minister Wen Jiabao announced his country's plan to cut carbon-emissions intensity 40 to 45 percent by 2020 compared to 2005 levels.

Carbon intensity is the emissions produced per unit of economic output, and in order to meet the target, China is apparently committing itself to implementing ambitious energy-efficiency and fuel-switching policies. Since most renewable and alternate non-fossil energy is in the power sector, this would mean a much higher percentage of China's total electricity generation to meet these goals will need to come from non-fossil fuel sources, including renewables and nuclear energy.

To be on the safe side, China is also developing a national uranium reserve, to commence in 2010.

Despite Beijing's ambitious attempts to expand uranium production in Xinjiang and elsewhere however, local sources will be insufficient to meet domestic needs despite country-wide prospecting. Analysts predict that within less than a decade China's planned nuclear power reactors will consume 44 million pounds of uranium annually, as more than 16 provinces, regions and municipalities have announced intentions to build nuclear power plants within the next eight years -- a total of 77 planned and proposed new reactors.

The revival of interest in nuclear power in the wake of record high oil prices and despite environmentalists' opposition will prove a boon for uranium-producing nations.

Current global production of uranium is approximately 40,000 tons annually. The math of the analysts quoted above on China's needs means that without increased production, China alone would consume 55 percent of current world output within a decade.

Canada currently leads world production, with 25 percent of the world's output, followed by Australia. Kazakhstan is currently the world's third-biggest uranium miner.

The three countries currently account for more than half of global uranium production. Other uranium mining nations include the United States, the Russian Federation, Portugal, Namibia and Niger, but those seeking reliable supplies must needs look to the "Big Three."

Kazakhstan contains the world's second-largest uranium reserves, estimated at 1.5 million tons. In 2006 it produced 5,279 tons of uranium, 21 percent more than in 2005.

But Kazakhstan has ambitious plans to massively boost its output of the silvery metal, as evidenced by this year's production. Kazatomprom, the country's national nuclear corporation, said in a press release last month that the country boosted uranium output an eye-watering 61 percent year-on-year in January-September to 9,535 tons, 3 percent above the government's target for the period.

Part of the reason for Kazakhtatomprom's success was opening five new mines last year. According to Kazatomprom's statistics, global uranium output in 2009 is projected to be 11,000 tons in Canada, 9,430 tons in Australia and 12,800 tons in Kazakhstan.

Kazakhstan is not only increasing its mine production, but moving to develop fuel fabrication facilities in an effort to move from mining to the higher value-added production of nuclear fuel fabrication.

Kazakhstan's nuclear fuel issue will be of keen interest in Moscow, as it is currently a world leader in the technology.

Despite its technological mastery, unlike its dominant position in the world's oil and natural gas market, Russia's footprint in the global uranium market remains relatively small. Russian state holding company Atomprom is the world's seventh-largest holder of uranium ore reserves, the third-largest producer of nuclear fuel but only the world's fifth-largest miner of uranium.

Current Russian production is only 3,000 metric tons of uranium ore out of an annual requirement of 18,000 metric tons.

Russia's oldest operational nuclear power facility, Novovoronezh-3, came online in 1971. The Russian Federation now operates 10 nuclear power plants with a total of 31 reaktor bol'shoi moshchnosti kanalnii reactor units, which supply approximately 16 percent of Russia's energy needs.

Except for the Bilbino Nuclear Power Plant in eastern Siberia, the other nine complexes are all located in European Russia.

Putin's administration is committed to expanding Russia's nuclear energy use, noting in his 2007 annual address, "Over the entire Soviet period, 30 nuclear power plant units were built, but we plan to build 26 such units over the next 12 years, and to do so using the most advanced technology available."

As with its oil industry, Kazakhstan has actively courted foreign investment for its mining operations. Kazakhstan has signed multiple contracts, including technology transfer agreements, with companies from Canada, Japan, France, and China.

The world's leading producer of uranium oxide, Canada's Cameco, has a 60-percent share in Kazakhstan's Inkai uranium mining operation, while the state atomic energy agency, Kazatomprom, the world's fourth-largest producer, also has a stake in Inkai.

Nor is the investment one way; Kazatomprom, flush with cash, has proposed purchasing a 10-percent stake in the U.S. company Westinghouse Electric.

While the price of uranium in the last several years has been volatile, the overall trend of the last decade has been strongly upwards. In 2001 a pound of uranium sold for between $5 and $10. Current prices in the spot uranium market have trended between $40 and $50 all year after having soared to $140 along with oil in 2007.

The 2007 price resulted from the end of Russian dumping, surging apparent increases in demand plus massive liquidity via hedge funds and participation certificates, plus, combining with the difficulty of valuing uranium stocks. Despite these variables, given the projected construction and demand of NPP plants worldwide over the next decade, even a cashiered Wall Street analyst might be able to conclude that the price trend is likely to be upwards.

Rio Tinto's listed uranium subsidiary, Energy Resources of Australia CEO Rob Atkinson, recently commented in The Australian that current relatively low uranium spot market prices combined the effects of the global recession are hampering mine development in a number of countries, setting the scene for a future uranium shortage, noting, "Given production issues that are going on across the world and the (longer-term) demand from power stations, spot prices seem a bit out of kilter at the moment."

Atkinson's comments echoed an earlier report, as the Royal Bank of Canada Capital Markets noted in a study, "Investing in Uranium Companies," that a supply gap will exist in uranium after 2013. As NPPs are licensed to run for 40 years, with many re-licensed for another 20 years, new NPPs will not be replacing existing plants, but only adding to demand.

Kazakhstan's nuclear policies have won it plaudits in the international community, beginning when it voluntarily relinquished its Soviet-era nuclear arsenal. Now the IAEA is considering Kazakhstan's proposal to host a nuclear fuel bank on its territory, a gesture that might yet cut the international Gordian knot of Iran's civilian nuclear program.

In short, Kazakhstan is fast becoming a major player on the world nuclear stage, even in the diplomatic sphere and its potential to increase its share of the world's uranium market is a certain bet over the next few years, as it has its influence in the global oil market.

Its government's relative stability and investor friendly climate are added pluses, but for those Wall Street Masters of the Universe disinclined to deal with President Nazarbayev's regime, there are always profits to be made in Namibia and Niger.

And, of course, China, Japan, South Korea and India are only too willing to pick up the slack.

Paul

Whilst Kazak is one of the largest Uranium producing countries, its not a stable Govt to work with, corruption is rife & i wouldnt have any confidence from any MOU signed with them.

It seems only the big boys who "play ball" get in there.

Uran had the contacts via Discovery Minerals, but really Kazak is a dead duck & Uran acknowledged that along time ago.

As for Ukraine, thats a different story, albeit a long winded frustrating one.

Uran has a good working relationship with the Ministry for Fuel & Energy, who ultimately own the nuclear processing plant (Zhelty Vody?) & controls all of the uranium mining permits etc.

If i thought Ukraine was back on, i'd be jumping back in, alas we have had that carrot dangled enough times to know, it usually ends in disappointment.

If they ever honour the protocols signed by the Ukraine Govt officials, Uran would become a mega multi-bagger, given they already have all the old Soviet data.

I'm watching from the sidelines

I got greedy & burnt with both URA & URAO, so i wanna see real progress before i rejoin in on the action.

drillfix
12-12-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm watching from the sidelines

I got greedy & burnt with both URA & URAO, so i wanna see real progress before i rejoin in on the action.

Well said shasta, a good honest answer with plenty of previous golden experience there.

I still hate this management with a passion yet I will give them a clean vote whilst they make progress in the US.

To me, entry atm is cheap for those whom invest on the US projects alone as I feel we are about just below fair value ATM to where the current sp is. I would have thought with these new projects the co should be worth 10-14c with drill results in and perhaps up to 20 with a JORC.

Paul, that sure is an interesting long post, but you must believe some of us here about those countries. Travel back on this thread about 100 or so pages at least or go back to the start and follow the thread, you will have a book of deception almost.

I would say it would fair to say, do not go holding your breath for the Ukraine nor Kaz, as Im sure I know that I won't be :rolleyes:

shasta
12-12-2009, 11:29 PM
Well said shasta, a good honest answer with plenty of previous golden experience there.

I still hate this management with a passion yet I will give them a clean vote whilst they make progress in the US.

To me, entry atm is cheap for those whom invest on the US projects alone as I feel we are about just below fair value ATM to where the current sp is. I would have thought with these new projects the co should be worth 10-14c with drill results in and perhaps up to 20 with a JORC.

Paul, that sure is an interesting long post, but you must believe some of us here about those countries. Travel back on this thread about 100 or so pages at least or go back to the start and follow the thread, you will have a book of deception almost.

I would say it would fair to say, do not go holding your breath for the Ukraine nor Kaz, as Im sure I know that I won't be :rolleyes:

I should add for fairness, whilst the Czech Republic permits aren't as advanced as Ukraine, there is considerable upside if Uran was to ever get involved with either Rozna or the highly prospective permits which Uran have already lobbied for (Wolf did all this back in 2007/08).

Wild card as always is anything to do with Discovery Minerals, those folk had the contacts & gave Uran a leg up into Eastern Europe when every other ASX listed uranium explorer was looking in Australian states that banned mining! (ie, Queensland & Western Australia)

drillfix
13-12-2009, 03:15 AM
I should add for fairness, whilst the Czech Republic permits aren't as advanced as Ukraine,

Wild card as always is anything to do with Discovery Minerals

Shasta, I think it would be fair to say that both of us know the Ukraine no matter what the Permit is full of fairy tales, with Garden Paths that never end, and probably should not be trusted again (IMO).

That said, Kate Hobbs was Gullible, therefore Uran was Gullible, which also meant that by default all the Uran shareholders where also Gullible and the situation was way beyond our control.

I am pleased the politics of the Czech Republic are reshaping, and this in turn will open up opportunities for Uran, but have you notice that Kate has spoke of Uran has lodged appeals, and whenever there is talk, it is always talk of Uran doing this and doing that. BUT, it still has not cleared up what exactly Discovery IS, HAS, WANTS, GETS or where this will fit in should and when something actually happen.

Does any shareholders out there know, or have asked? I am under the impression the Discovery Deal is GONE and Void, but yet I just do not trust the company with its wording or how it sounds because anything that could happen sounds like Uran dealing for the projects with appeals. YET caution is needed because if something does happen, then along comes Discovery (AGAIN).

So the ultimate question is, WHO IS KATE DEALING FOR, Uran or Discovery??

It can turn deceptive, especially IF it happens, or as soon as it gets across the Line.

To me, it is another thing ALL shareholders need to ask Kate Hobbs for their own peace of mind as makes up nearly half of Discovery.

shasta
13-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Shasta, I think it would be fair to say that both of us know the Ukraine no matter what the Permit is full of fairy tales, with Garden Paths that never end, and probably should not be trusted again (IMO).

That said, Kate Hobbs was Gullible, therefore Uran was Gullible, which also meant that by default all the Uran shareholders where also Gullible and the situation was way beyond our control.

I am pleased the politics of the Czech Republic are reshaping, and this in turn will open up opportunities for Uran, but have you notice that Kate has spoke of Uran has lodged appeals, and whenever there is talk, it is always talk of Uran doing this and doing that. BUT, it still has not cleared up what exactly Discovery IS, HAS, WANTS, GETS or where this will fit in should and when something actually happen.

Does any shareholders out there know, or have asked? I am under the impression the Discovery Deal is GONE and Void, but yet I just do not trust the company with its wording or how it sounds because anything that could happen sounds like Uran dealing for the projects with appeals. YET caution is needed because if something does happen, then along comes Discovery (AGAIN).

So the ultimate question is, WHO IS KATE DEALING FOR, Uran or Discovery??

It can turn deceptive, especially IF it happens, or as soon as it gets across the Line.

To me, it is another thing ALL shareholders need to ask Kate Hobbs for their own peace of mind as makes up nearly half of Discovery.

The Uran/Discovery Minerals tie up really does need to be sorted.

My contention has always been, the costs paid for by Uran should have been repaid via equity in Discovery Minerals.

That at least would put some kind of valuation on the shareholding for Uran shareholders, & quite possibly could open up exactly what value there is for Uran by keeping this alliance.

Potentially the links could result in permits/projects worth hundreds of millions, or it could just be keeping the Discovery Minerals consultants paid & funded by a listed company.

Strangely if the projects were of no value, why hasn't Uran formally secured them from Discovery Minerals? (Even if only in hope for down the track?)

Gets me thinking maybe this is a "Plan B" for some individuals, as something to retain for a possible backdoor listing down the track...

...or maybe i'm just a tad paranoid :confused:

STRAT
14-12-2009, 12:15 PM
Play the man not the ball, .Shouldnt that be play the ball STMod1? :D:p

drillfix
14-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Shouldnt that be play the ball STMod1? :D:p

LOL Strat, Yes it should be that....haaaha`!

zed327
16-12-2009, 02:52 PM
IF Kate can raise this half mil with the current capital raising how long do we think this cash will last before the next CP?

There is a hell of a lot of dilution going on here and it will make it so much harder for investors to recover there money.

Constructive thoughts please. :D

drillfix
16-12-2009, 03:09 PM
IF Kate can raise this half mil with the current capital raising how long do we think this cash will last before the next CP?

There is a hell of a lot of dilution going on here and it will make it so much harder for investors to recover there money.

Zed, hmmmm I dont know about the dilution, its still not too bad compared to the many companies out there, but what does concern me is what we are getting for whatever dilution takes place.

From what we have heard and seen so far, Kate and gang are stretching the shoe laces and making the funds stretch.

Although that may be good, I am eager to see what exact grades and results are coming our way.

What I dont like is hidden cr@p and secrets like the previous days. These days are a bit more above bench unlike last.

I dont like management because of previous experience as you know, but regarding the raising recently at 5c, well thats not too bad virutually double what we have in the US and it does make sense for drilling so the Longer Term holders will have FA to fall back on and support their choice of staying put.

Back to it though, as I say, I will let the results speak for themselves, if they are below average then out comes the whip stick and 200 lashes to the company, if not then I would expect some gains to be had in the next few months.

Just gotta keep the Lie Detector and back batteries always charged up with this mob. :rolleyes:

Huang Chung
16-12-2009, 04:10 PM

You make a good point zed. If anything, URA are now out of kilter with too many projects and too little in the way of funds.

Half a mil won't last more than a couple of months if their exploration program is even half serious.

drillfix
16-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Half a mil won't last more than a couple of months if their exploration program is even half serious.

Huang, the half mil was to get the payment for the project out of the way. It was not meant to be a sustaining cashflow. Kinda similar to I just got back from a garage sale and bought a Mining Lease, and now just raised money to pay for it with cash. Deal Done.

Apparently the new ground is very close by the current ground and its in a Permit Friendly state so when the permits for drilling come in for them then they just drive a short while from where they currently are.

A I say , time will tell but at least these tenements are factual and not fiction like previous whereby both they and shareholders got pumped up the @#$ previously :eek:

So back on topic, those funds are not for operating costs, they were only for acquisition.

ps: I wouldn't call 2 projects all up too many projects...LOL

zed327
16-12-2009, 07:06 PM
If thats the case Drill then the company only has 420k left for drilling - office and Kates already famous travel expenses.

:eek:

She needs awesome drill results to keep on tapping investors.

Huang Chung
16-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Huang, the half mil was to get the payment for the project out of the way. It was not meant to be a sustaining cashflow. Kinda similar to I just got back from a garage sale and bought a Mining Lease, and now just raised money to pay for it with cash. Deal Done.

Apparently the new ground is very close by the current ground and its in a Permit Friendly state so when the permits for drilling come in for them then they just drive a short while from where they currently are.

A I say , time will tell but at least these tenements are factual and not fiction like previous whereby both they and shareholders got pumped up the @#$ previously :eek:

So back on topic, those funds are not for operating costs, they were only for acquisition.

ps: I wouldn't call 2 projects all up too many projects...LOL

Drilly

By my reckoning, URA have the following 'real' exploration projects:

Finley Basin tungsten - Montana
Victor tungsten - California
Grants Ridge uranium - New Mexico
Uravan uranium - Utah/Colarado

Unless they are being free carried in one or more of these, some serious dollars will be required to progress this bunch.

drillfix
16-12-2009, 11:20 PM
If thats the case Drill then the company only has 420k left for drilling - office and Kates already famous travel expenses.

:eek:

She needs awesome drill results to keep on tapping investors.

Hi there again Zed,
To my knowledge, whilst the company is drilling it has its own Rig made out of a Ford F10 Truck customized for the type of drilling so costs there will be cut.

I agree though, Kates famous expenses is enough to make any shareholder go grey and frizzly at the pockets..lol But lets see how far what cash is there can stretch.

Dont know how long it will last because there are alot of expenses whilst having a house over there as an office, the Truck/Rig, expenses, Casino Bettings, Pimps and Drugs...oooopppssss Nahh subtract that statement :D

Its fair to say at some stage there WILL need to be another raising.

Im just hoping that its not at current levels but at higher levels with some substance proved up prior to raising to justify it.

Drilly

By my reckoning, URA have the following 'real' exploration projects:

Finley Basin tungsten - Montana
Victor tungsten - California
Grants Ridge uranium - New Mexico
Uravan uranium - Utah/Colarado

Unless they are being free carried in one or more of these, some serious dollars will be required to progress this bunch.

Hi Huang,

Finley Basin is a Uran Subsidiary (Juno) which in turn belongs to Uran and it apparently cannot be drilled and explored in winter time due to the nature of the project, the other thing is, it is yet known what is going to happen with this Juno Minerals, be it a spin off, or just sold off for cash.

Victor Tungsten I am not sure about (Juno still?), but it doesn't appear to be the focus or priority to the company at present. So I guessing that too will take a back seat.

Its a pity really, as I would have like to see the company prove up some tungsten or know what type of grades it has so it can market that to the market accordingly.

Grants and Uravan as specified as above to Zed.

Having the co, own their own rig is a smart move initially.

Again, money at some stage WILL be needed for all sorts of things, but providing that the Co is on track and making progress, and can show that, and the market can evaluate accordingly from those results then it will be better for them in raising funds IMO.

Anyways, time will be the best story teller of us all and I look forward to seeing what kind of story that is. And hopefully without me hating this company any more than I already do :rolleyes:

drillfix
18-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Although, saying the previous, for those who are new to this stock, make sure you bring your special Dog Shampoo and give this FLEE BITTEN MUTT a bath before investing. :rolleyes:

Huang Chung
18-12-2009, 02:01 PM
Although, saying the previous, for those who are new to this stock, make sure you bring your special Dog Shampoo and give this FLEE BITTEN MUTT a bath before investing. :rolleyes:

Drilly...no doubt, you are Uran's best promoter :eek:.

drillfix
18-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Huang, LOL, :D No doubt I am Urans most honest person whom calls it as he see's it, which may I add is also Both sides of the Coin so to speak. :rolleyes:

Huang Chung
18-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Huang, LOL, :D No doubt I am Urans most honest person whom calls it as he see's it, which may I add is also Both sides of the Coin so to speak. :rolleyes:

So true....

STRAT
18-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Drilly...no doubt, you are Uran's best promoter :eek:.Haha HC, so you werent around when Drilly was contemplating buying an assult rifle and paying the offices of URA a visit to give Kate a makeover :D

drillfix
18-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Same feelings still apply STRAT, nothing new except that B@stards are at least a little bit more honest with something tangible these days.

I and others still hold HUGE losses because of the Witch with and a Bone Idle Chairman whom seems to do Sweet F All every day, week, month or Year for that matter.

In the meantime, just give us the news Kate and keep your boots on an continue drilling them holes~!

Huang Chung
18-12-2009, 06:26 PM
Haha HC, so you werent around when Drilly was contemplating buying an assult rifle and paying the offices of URA a visit to give Kate a makeover :D

Oh yeah Strat, I was around.....too scared to pop my head up in case it got shot off....collatoral damage.

Drilly makes me laugh out loud, but, in the back of my mind, I sometimes wondered if he would one day be the lead story on the 6.00 o'clock news :eek:.

drillfix
25-12-2009, 12:04 AM
Hey ARCHER,

Your going back to WA are you not?

Why not give our Xmas greetings to KATE from the crew here at the ST URA Hate Desk...LOL :D :rolleyes: :mad:

Mention to her, PRODUCTION in JULY 07 and the rest of the Bollocks, to see if she remembers still.

She might turn blue for a half hour, but hey, Who cares right~!

zed327
25-12-2009, 02:27 AM
I could always lend you a book to throw at her Arch. ;)

drillfix
25-12-2009, 03:44 AM
I could always lend you a book to throw at her Arch. ;)

Haahaaa Zed, Good one there~! :D

Hey, merry xmas to you zed. :)

May the flee's on this dog be shaken off in early 2010 :rolleyes:

zed327
25-12-2009, 09:42 AM
Haahaaa Zed, Good one there~! :D

Hey, merry xmas to you zed. :)

May the flee's on this dog be shaken off in early 2010 :rolleyes:

Thanks Drill and Merry Xmas & Happy New Year to you.

Lets hope your stocks and my propertys boom in 2010.

drillfix
31-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Ok folks, Last BAG THE DOG of the Year on this.

KATE, YOU SUCK, Your company is a flea riddled dog that YOU cannot manage but still take a wage to run this Rodent of company that actually does have tangible projects may I add.

SO, where is the support from Management??? As always, NEVER, none, Zipp, sweet FA.

Once news does come about I can honestly say that I will move on and sell my holdings on this one.

This stock has been a Venus fly trap ever since the start.

In my opinion, Kate Hobbs is PROFESSIONAL career criminal. And anybody who believes otherwise needs to do the hard yards which I have done along with some previous shareholders who have since then been financially Toasted.

SO, to those who read this thread and clearly think, sheeez, Why does he hate management and bag the cr@p out of a stock and then say its a punt??

Well simply put, to the stocks credit, for the money @ 5 c around, its not too bad value and worth a punt at that. I would never put more that 5K on this woofer and have expectations. In fact it would probably be fun just for novelty to see what it does as you could probably double your money.

But when it comes to management, they are hopeless and for what they have spoken of and actually said, they IMO should have been Imprisoned or JAILED.

As soon as this stock hits my target then rest assured, I am out, FOREVER~!

So, those are my last words for URAN (aka URA) at the end of 2009.

zed327
31-12-2009, 02:16 PM
I can't add much more to that Drill.

I can only second it.

The pain that Kate and MK have caused investors with their lies and carrots should see them rot in hell. :mad:

To all those that are stuck in this dog i hope your other stocks are booming and the Uran lesson hasn't been wasted.

I wish you all a Happy and prosperous New Year

drillfix
01-01-2010, 03:33 AM
I can't add much more to that Drill.

I can only second it.

I wish you all a Happy and prosperous New Year

Cheers Zed, same to both you and Scorp along with many of the other silent Uran closet holders out there :p

Hope your doing ok with your property portfolio, if you ever get a place on the gold coast then Im always in the market for affordable rent :D

Take care and lets let 2010 rock ~!

scorp57
08-01-2010, 02:24 PM
starting to take-off!!! big buyers!!! I think a combo of someone knows something, and bull sentiment!

good luck to all!

drillfix
08-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Well, its good to see it trading higher there Scorp.

Probably KH spilling the beans to some insto about the timing of the drilling, but who knows.

When the news does come out though, I would like it to have a marketable spin put on it for added impact, unlike the previous KH market Yawns type news.

Kinda like a Shane Warne bowling spin...lol

scorp57
08-01-2010, 05:37 PM
well extreme volume today for URA! could be alot goin on!

drillfix
11-01-2010, 01:47 PM
News out Scorp, what will it be??

Kate has changed her under panties and bra for a new Golden fleece one which cost 50K maybe??

How about drill results??

drillfix
11-01-2010, 01:58 PM
11 January 2010

Grants Ridge Joint Venture Drilling Progress
Initial Assay Results

Drilling has commenced at F33 project, and drilling has re-commenced at the Armijo Project following cessation of work in December.

Assay results from the initial 10 holes of the 218-hole drill program on Armijo have been received, with best results:-

6 metres @ 446 ppm U308 from surface, including 1 metre @ 1,533 ppm.

The planned Armijo drill program consists of 218 holes for 3,000 metres. The results to hand from the 10 holes drilled in December during commissioning of the drill rig are too few to provide a reliable indicator of grade or thickness to be expected from the project as drilling progresses, particularly as poor recovery was obtained from some of these initial holes.

The 48 1-metre limestone samples from the initial holes, which are located near the edge of the target Todilto Limestone, average 78 ppm U3O8 . The limestone intercepts average 4.8 metres in thickness which is seen as encouraging in comparison to the target thickness of 2 metres.

Completed assay results from drilling on both F33 and Armijo are anticipated to be available in February.
------------------

Cmon now boys and girls, lets not all buy at once hey~!

Looks like Uran goes back to being an exciting company that it used to be again....like yeah right :rolleyes:

Now, is this what we always seem to wait for, News, and then when it comes, it only brings dissapointment, Why is this I ask you??? Maybe something to do with Incompetent Management????

Pack of w@nkers they are.

Hey Archer, isn't your good buddy the CEO of this MOB??? CON WOMAN OF THE YEAR, imo~!

paul29
11-01-2010, 02:07 PM
I sold out at 6 cents last week needed the cash i am happy i did now

drillfix
11-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Can't really say I blame you Paul.

The Opportunity elsewhere cost in this stock is ASTRONOMICAL

That's what happens though when you invest money in company that is run by Career Legal Criminals.

evilroyrule
11-01-2010, 02:36 PM
hey drilly, i really like you and you shld feel free to hold ura accountable, but i really think it is more stress than its worth. cut them loose and move on mate. have you heard of that 20/80 rule? 20% of your work/life/insert what you want bring 80% unhappiness/happiness/stress etc. identify part of that 20% (hint = URA) and things get simpler. or at least they did for me. perhaps it was those meds as well.....

Aotea
11-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Fair call Drilly, its hard not to be disappointed with Kate and her band of robbers.

That said though, when the full dataset of drill results are out, they may be outstanding....

drillfix
11-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Nahhh ER, forget the rules.

I like the Magnum 45 slapping KH's brains all over the wall much better....LOL :p

I mean, each to their own. I got no gripes here. I dont need to justify that management of this company is Sh#t and they are nothing but legally paid common thieves.

I dont have a big holding so its no big deal, I actually hope for once they can just do what the Fk it is they set out to do and drop the bullsh#t that sucks in shareholders. Or thats what it seems.

Anyways, thanks for all your concerns lad's but I am really just sounding off and I am fine and dandy. Even if this Dog Company goes under, :rolleyes:

drillfix
11-01-2010, 02:44 PM
That said though, when the full dataset of drill results are out, they may be outstanding....

Hi Aotea,

I hope your right for the benefit of all holders.

Aotea
11-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Hi Aotea,

I hope your right for the benefit of all holders.

Always good to get things off your chest Drilly...its healthy to be forthright when you have something to say!

well, the potential does stand, and two tenements that are closeby could work out..or Kate might bleed the beast dry and move on.

scorp57
11-01-2010, 03:15 PM
I'm not dissapointed...

Just a small update... still heaps to come, and at least there is U in the floor...

Drill I do agree with the others though, I think you should cut URA loose and spare yourself the stress!

Me on the other hand, I have time and patience, and am looking forward to what is yet to come...

Aotea
11-01-2010, 03:46 PM
No, dont leave us Drill, I love your poetic writing style...who else writes about .45 magnums on here??

percy
11-01-2010, 04:38 PM
would any of you guys please have a look at BLR on asx for me.
i read an article where it said blr could be a good spec.
i put it in my entry for share pick comp but have dithered around and have not brought any yet.

drillfix
11-01-2010, 05:00 PM
i put it in my entry for share pick comp but have dithered around and have not brought any yet.

Percy, sorry mate, BLR needs to break 7.5c to get back into uptrend land.

Also has

Issuer Name Black Range Minerals Limited
Description Ordinary Fully Paid
Industry Group Metals & Mining - 151040 Shares on Issue 638,068,985
Price (previous close in cents) 5 Market Cap ($) 31,903,449

A few too many shares for liking, kinda like PEN, lots of potential and great stuff about PEN, except the 1.5 BILLION shares on issue, hence the SP.

No, I think I will stay put with this one.

Gotta have some SAGA in our lives, may as well be URA, my PET HATE ...lol :rolleyes:

percy
11-01-2010, 05:04 PM
dillfix
thank you.
keep up the colourfull posts,really good .

drillfix
11-01-2010, 05:17 PM
dillfix
thank you.
keep up the colourfull posts,really good .

I was only giving you my opinion about BLR. (add: at least BLR have JORC though)

I dont believe there is anything colourful about my uran posts, only darkness there unfortunately.

IMO, check out some African U , as some of them seem to be running, check out MEY, NGM, FTE. Only opionion dyor.

soulman
11-01-2010, 06:34 PM

I bought BLR last week for a play. It looks like it can run, hopefully this week.

Archer
11-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Meanwhile on URA - this ann today was irresponsible ; unnecessary by disclosure rules and negative by its lack of substance. This speaks clearly to managerial incompetence. A

ScrappyO
11-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Meanwhile on URA - this ann today was irresponsible ; unnecessary by disclosure rules and negative by its lack of substance. This speaks clearly to managerial incompetence. A

Agree with you archer..just ten holes..what a load of crap.

drillfix
11-01-2010, 08:14 PM

Sometimes you gotta wonder what kind of friend a Criminal CEO like this makes to some certain shareholders.

My answer to that would be absolutely Zero. At leasdt for those that are switched on and yield the warnings~!

Anyways ARCHER, dont know why you bother to even post here. It might cut into your valuable Hotcopper Fan Girl Time hey.

drillfix
11-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Agree with you archer..just ten holes..what a load of crap.

Scrappy, a classic symbolic sign of the efforts and then keeping it Hush.

No wonder there were Insiders DUMPING the stock down to 5.x

The other thing is, its not each hole was 100 Metres or anything, only 6 Metres.

Could have done that over a weekend but Nope, they take over 6 weeks.

ScrappyO
11-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Scrappy, a classic symbolic sign of the efforts and then keeping it Hush.

No wonder there were Insiders DUMPING the stock down to 5.x

The other thing is, its not each hole was 100 Metres or anything, only 6 Metres.

Could have done that over a weekend but Nope, they take over 6 weeks.

True..I thought Kate said in the bbr that they would be drilling up to christmas.

drillfix
11-01-2010, 11:02 PM
True..I thought Kate said in the bbr that they would be drilling up to christmas.

Don't know Scrappy. You can never tell what these people do with actions after they "speak" such things. They dont actually live on the same planet as you and I and others here.

As others have pointed out, its very Odd they even submitted such Ann.

In the middle of it all are these TransOceanic/Investment mob.

You can see them moving stock both up and down trying to act like some kind of Mini Market Maker. They also seem Privy of info. To me this needs an investigation.

From the set of events that have occurred. I am under the impression that Kate and Mob and dancing to the Tune of TransOceanic. Like being instructed to submit the ANN regardless so it favours their Plan in the scheme of things.

Suss, all of it. And most folks here think I am a nutter. Well ok, you got me there, Ok I am a nutter, but at least an agreeable one to some extent, but something has always been up with URAN's Misdirection.

And if you cant see it with this Ann, amongst one of many, then I think you gotta open your eyes up. You can also see the same type of Antics going on with other companies but a different flavour.

scorp57
12-01-2010, 12:16 AM
This ann wasnt misdirection though Drill... It was just a tiny update... almost a waste of time, but proof of drilling none the less...

Everyone used to complain that they didnt have a project... They have 2 now...

Everyone used to speculate that they would never drill anything... They have drilled now...

Everyone used to speculate that they would never have any U... they do now... alot of it...

No matter what, at the end of the day this is a micro U explorer, and they have found U... its as simple as that...

Take emotions out of it... There is alot of POTENTIAL upside from here as the company is valued at next to nothing...

If anyone hates management and their ways that much, I dont see why you wouldnt invest in a better run company like BOW etc?

drillfix
12-01-2010, 01:28 AM
This ann wasnt misdirection though Drill... It was just a tiny update.

No matter what, at the end of the day this is a micro U explorer, and they have found U... its as simple as that...

Scorp, both you and I could start a company and go anywhere in the world and put a pick in the ground and say, Look , We found U and do a better job of it that this MOB.

For the record, they didn't find it any U, as the U was already there. All they had to do was drill it in a timely fashion and push results out to market on time.

But looked what happened. They could not even do that RIGHT now could they. So what do we get here for a reward here? A falling SP (again).

There are less experienced companies out there Pumping and have shareholders praising them due to the marketing and Keeping to Time and Delivering results.

Its the URAN trademark of Total Incompetence that gets published and in time no doubt the shareholders will end up picking up the tab on that one too. (Again).

Will give you the benefit of the doubt though Scorp, I can understand your point, but can you Advise to us here ok. WHAT are you going to say or think or do if the Next ANN comes out, AND turns out to be another DUD???

What you gonna do or say?

Bare in mind we cannot make a career out of watching this company or this Career CON Woman play the game of ASX Company CEO who's only intention is to Bleed Shareholders and feather her own skin from OUR investments.

This is what has happened over the years and so far this year, we are off to a bad start.

But next month, Yeah, that will do it, She will be right m8 yeah~!

scorp57
12-01-2010, 09:45 AM
I dont think the next ann will be a dud... but hey we are both speculating so either of us could be right/wrong... so arguing over that is moronic...

the next ann wouldnt be the be all and end all of the co. unless it was a takeover or receivership ann. haha... so even if it were a dud, i would wait for more...

its never over till its over...

do i wish i had my money freed up to invest in better co's? yes.

HOWEVER, we are still a great chance of making $$$ out of this one with some luck and patience.

goodness knows we deserve it drilly...

drillfix
12-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Is it just me???

As in why is there a BRR ANN but its not showing up on commsec.

Is this shown in anybody's news or ANN

http://www.brr.com.au/event/63589/

So who in the world is going to know this is there???

Kate tells us why they gave the results early. Also says that results will be made available during February sometime.

Now why does thiws not show up on ASX, anybody??? Does Kate need to go back to CEO school and learn how to do Marketing, if not they why spend money on something that Nobody or only very few will see???

Sheez, its never ending.

Aotea
12-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Is it just me???

As in why is there a BRR ANN but its not showing up on commsec.

Is this shown in anybody's news or ANN

http://www.brr.com.au/event/63589/

So who in the world is going to know this is there???

Kate tells us why they gave the results early. Also says that results will be made available during February sometime.

Now why does thiws not show up on ASX, anybody??? Does Kate need to go back to CEO school and learn how to do Marketing, if not they why spend money on something that Nobody or only very few will see???

Sheez, its never ending.

It came up on Direct Broking pretty smartly....

drillfix
12-01-2010, 04:02 PM
It came up on Direct Broking pretty smartly....

Yep, its all there now Aotea.

But take a look at the time of my post. 11:29am

Now look at the time of the ann in your broker or ASX ann, URA 12:57 PM

Wouldn't anybody care to wonder How, or Why this is???

drillfix
12-01-2010, 05:57 PM
And of course, look at the shareprice now into the 4.x's

All compliments of somebody who thought it was a good ideal, AND of course the ASX mark that good idea (which is sh#t) as Market Sensitive.

So, where does that leave us?? It leaves us what good little uran shareholders are good at = Waiting. More and More and Lots and Lots of it.

Urans slogan should be Uran, Have you been committed today~!

scorp57
12-01-2010, 09:17 PM
Now everyone just take a breath!!!

Kate said the results were too small to be indicative of anything, however they wanted to update the shareholders of the commencement of the other drilling program... and thought they would post some results at the same time, coz the shareholders want to know whats happening...

The FULL RESULTS FOR BOTH DRILLING PROGRAMS will hopefully be released during Feb and they could be huge results for a micro company!

I'm telling you guys, this ann. may have been uninspiring, BUT IT WAS ENCOURAGING, and a tiny part of the bigger picture...

Sell at your own risk IMO honestly... big things to come for a small co, no matter how crappy their PR is... their geology is on the money...

Aotea
13-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Now everyone just take a breath!!!

Kate said the results were too small to be indicative of anything, however they wanted to update the shareholders of the commencement of the other drilling program... and thought they would post some results at the same time, coz the shareholders want to know whats happening...

The FULL RESULTS FOR BOTH DRILLING PROGRAMS will hopefully be released during Feb and they could be huge results for a micro company!

I'm telling you guys, this ann. may have been uninspiring, BUT IT WAS ENCOURAGING, and a tiny part of the bigger picture...

Sell at your own risk IMO honestly... big things to come for a small co, no matter how crappy their PR is... their geology is on the money...

Im with you on that....now is a good time to top-up your holdings at a low SP!

drillfix
13-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Aeota, sure It would be a good time to top up but only if the stock was actually in an uptrend. And this stock is far from an uptrend.

I can agree that IF this co does or can release some results that are impressive, then, and Only Then will there be a surge. Usually the insiders will know this and buy it up accordingly before it happens, like they tried to do previously, of course it was Buy, then Oooppsss NO, Sell, and here we are.

Anyways, another day in Rome, or should I say, Uranland.

scorp57
13-01-2010, 04:57 PM
I agree Drill...

I think what we are saying to you is that, potentially that could be 4-5 weeks away...

hardly worth jumping off a cliff for... in fact, I have been buying up the URAOA oppies. got some today @2.5c...

gonna look cheap real soon IMO

STRAT
13-01-2010, 05:32 PM

Could have done that over a weekend but Nope, they take over 6 weeks.Just in. Uran drilling program in full swing.

drillfix
13-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Just in. Uran drilling program in full swing.

LOL, Thats right Strat, thats exactly the way and what they have done.

The need to update shareholders was probably a guilt trip as the real reason behind the Ann could be Kate was rolling Dice and playing Tables in Vegas then hiring Toy Boys with champers while the drill bits where being changed back there in New Mexico.

And all at the expense of this thread and anybody whom dips their toe in the water. LOL

Aotea
13-01-2010, 06:04 PM
I agree Drill...

I think what we are saying to you is that, potentially that could be 4-5 weeks away...

hardly worth jumping off a cliff for... in fact, I have been buying up the URAOA oppies. got some today @2.5c...

gonna look cheap real soon IMO

Hey Scorp,
Could you give me a bit of a rundown on those oppies...cheers

drillfix
13-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Hey Scorp,
Could you give me a bit of a rundown on those oppies...cheers

What would you like to know Aotea.

Uran options are something I only know too well, especially the last batch as I lost 66K dollars on them.

This issue expires in July 2012 and have an exercise price of 0.08 (8 cents) to convert to FPO.

Gotta watch these devil thoughts we get at times I will tell ya from experience :rolleyes:

Anyways, hope that helps and answers anything you were going to ask.

scorp57
13-01-2010, 06:53 PM
Just in. Uran drilling program in full swing.

hAHAHA Best post on ST 4 sure!!

Aotea - There are other options that Uran have like the ones MK owns and employees etc... they have earlier excersise dates and much higher conversion prices... 60c, 30c etc...

these are @ 8c and in 2012 i beleive... cheap as... especially considering CR etc "COULD" well be a possibility by then and the USA projects will be well and truly drilled into...

Cheap IMO!!! DYOR

Aotea
13-01-2010, 07:30 PM
Sorry lads, Im a dumba*se re options.

So if I buy them at 2.5c now, and in 2012 they are over 8c, I need to pay the balance for each option to make each one up to 8c to convert to an ordinary share?

Cheers and always appreciative of advice.
And yes, love the Uran drill rig in that pic....it worries me that it may be oh so accurate!!

scorp57
13-01-2010, 08:34 PM
well no...if they are over 8c its a bargain because it means you can convert your options into fpo's for 8c each...

if fpo's are 20c you are killing it...

so essentially 2.5c + 8c =10.5c if you wish to excersie them...

hopefully, you would have traded them for a multi profit by then hahaha!

drillfix
13-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Sorry lads, Im a dumba*se re options.

So if I buy them at 2.5c now, and in 2012 they are over 8c, I need to pay the balance for each option to make each one up to 8c to convert to an ordinary share?

Lets try another example Aotea.

Say you bought 100,000 options at 2.5c ok, Like a share that would mean you spent $2,500 dollars and 100,000 URAOA would sitting in your account.

NOW,

A few things could happen here.
1. You can hold onto URAOA and if the FPO (ura) happen to say trip or say go to 20 cents due to whatever Ann and everybody is happy, then you can Sell those URAOA like normal shares and they would probably trade close to shareprice minus - 8c, so the options would be say approx 12 cents. Bingo you made alot of doe if that was the case.

2. You again hold on to URAOA options, and a year or so has passed by but now the share prices was say 20 cents again ok, You could then download and fill out a Conversion Form from the Uran Website and then send it in with a Cheque for the difference to CONVERT your options into Fully Paid Ordinary URA shares.

ie: you have 100,000 options which are 8 cents each to convert. You send a cheque for $8,000 dollars and your URAOA options then vanish out of your brokerage account and within a week approx then turn up as URA.

So again if the share price was 20 cents, you paid originally 2,500 + 8,000 dollars all up to convert your URAOA to URA shares.

Make sense that part?

Last.
3. You believe the Uran story like I once did. You listen to every tom, dick and harry who is into Uran and you hold onto your shares and Options until the year 2012 thinking they are gonna be over a dollar X.oo whatever.

Then the market forces turn, the asx takes a hit, the sector takes a hit, and also the stock URA takes a drastic hit. you find that the share price is back to 4 cents for the URA fpo share.

What do you do? You may find that if this was the situation the option would be worth about 0.001 or 0.002 of a cent, so you dont both even because it will cost you more in brokerage so you just let them expire because you are trapped, missed the boat for effective window conversion time vs Price and then Your DOE IS DONE.

All over Red Rover.

You then come back here and post Flamatory comments towards a CEO that LIE's for a living and then flame anybody who tells you to get over it because the fact that you were DUPED.

So those are your choices, how they happen or unfold for you is up to you and always keep your finger on the pulse. Depending on circumstances, I will never be holding an option 6 Months time frame to expiry or better still 9 months. But that is all IMO.

Hope this makes things REAL CLEAR now.

For more info, just go to the company website and have a look at the forms, you will see an Option Exercise Form listed there.

Cheers~!

drillfix
13-01-2010, 11:46 PM
Another quick thought here folks.

I notice that Showman (TonyS) is still on board URA and is still quite a large holder of URA.

What also came to my attention was reading a PLV thread elsewhere and noticing that PLV now have an new website (quite nice and informative) (good stuff Tony).

Now, back to what I was going to say. I think this Co should tidy up their website with Information. Anyone who goes there would not fully understand or know what possibly is going on, Other Than, a share price that keeps dwindling.

Anybody whom speaks or emails the company, I think they need to be told, otherwise, its just continually poor PR, imo.

Thoughts?

ozelectro
14-01-2010, 01:27 AM
Why would you buy the options at 2.5c when the heads are 5c?

Are you kidding??:confused:

scorp57
14-01-2010, 01:32 AM
more leverage...

if SP is 50c in 2012 options could potentially be 42c for example if all is going well...

do the multiples and math.

plus they have been moving in greater leaps than the fpo's on news... they hit 4.5c a few weeks back if i remember correctly. thats almost what the heads were yesterday...

ozelectro
14-01-2010, 01:34 AM
"if SP is 50c in 2012 options could potentially be 42c for example if all is going well..."

Goodluck Scorp, I really do think you will need it. Uran is a dead horse IMO.

Aotea
14-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Thanks Scorp,

Thats what I thougt, but never really knew..

As for URA being a dead horse..while the management are clearly dog-tucker, i think Uran has a couple of great sites, shallow lode and both nearby each other and infrastructure. Definately arnt dead yet....not unless Kate blows out at Las Vegas and needs more coin.

scorp57
14-01-2010, 09:29 AM
"if SP is 50c in 2012 options could potentially be 42c for example if all is going well..."

I'm glad opinions aren't the be all and end all then... You may be right, but 24 months is a long time for a micro U explorer that has just started drilling 2 projects in the USA...

Time is the greatest factor here, and I have plenty of it...

drillfix
14-01-2010, 01:58 PM

LOL Oz, mate dead Dog, not horse...haahaaa~!

Are you holding any of these by chance Oz or only spectating from the sidelines??

scorp57
14-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Thanks Scorp,

Thats what I thougt, but never really knew..

As for URA being a dead horse..while the management are clearly dog-tucker, i think Uran has a couple of great sites, shallow lode and both nearby each other and infrastructure. Definately arnt dead yet....not unless Kate blows out at Las Vegas and needs more coin.

couldnt agree more...

The market has shown time and time again that emotion and personal opinions on trading and diff co's can often be your demise...

from a strictly mathematical and fundamental stand point, this stock is in a good position to increase from here... its as simple as that.

zed327
14-01-2010, 09:17 PM
Technically if the SP drops below the 4.9c support i can't see it stopping until it hits a flat 3c. :eek:

drillfix
14-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Technically if the SP drops below the 4.9c support i can't see it stopping until it hits a flat 3c. :eek:

I agree Zed, so true if it breaks through into the 4's then there is no stopping this.

I think next month will be a do or die month upcoming for Uran.

If their next announcement is full of sh#t or full of deviation (like the last one) then the market will have no sympathy and even the SPP pice of 3 cents will be heavily tested and even broken should this be the case.

Trying to do the "right thing" and telling the market the way they did was totally the wrong thing in "the way" they did.

What they should have done is announce that the company has experienced minor delays and will schedule to inform Uran Shareholders and the market in early February Blah blah blah accordingly.

What the problem here is it all points back to the Source of the Management.

IMO, Kate needs to stand down and let somebody with a Big Functioning Brain and attitude step up to the plate and Walk the Talk. As she just cannot do it, the market is telling us this. The market has been telling us this for well over a year + or so.

That is my take on what the problem with this company is (at present).

The projects are ok, they will eventually shine up. But again. They will shine up even more with somebody ELSE walking the Talk as KH just doesn't have the brash for it.

scorp57
14-01-2010, 10:05 PM

Zed - Maybe so... If it does I will back my truck up and load em up.
Many speculative scenarios like it could hit 4.8c then head up... 4.4c blah blah blah
the list is endless...

I am not disagreeing by the way, your scenario is def possible... but then what? it went from 2c to 9.1c previously?

Point is - NO ONE KNOWS WHERE THE SP WILL END UP, ESPECIALLY OVER TIME.

What I do know is that, you will only hear me back down IF and I stress IF the co folds... If not, there is plenty to come for this micro, either sooner or later, but it will have its day in the sun IMO and remember its only my opinion.

-cheers-

scorp57
14-01-2010, 10:08 PM
I agree Zed, so true if it breaks through into the 4's then there is no stopping this.

I think next month will be a do or die month upcoming for Uran.

If their next announcement is full of sh#t or full of deviation (like the last one) then the market will have no sympathy and even the SPP pice of 3 cents will be heavily tested and even broken should this be the case.

Trying to do the "right thing" and telling the market the way they did was totally the wrong thing in "the way" they did.

What they should have done is announce that the company has experienced minor delays and will schedule to inform Uran Shareholders and the market in early February Blah blah blah accordingly.

What the problem here is it all points back to the Source of the Management.

IMO, Kate needs to stand down and let somebody with a Big Functioning Brain and attitude step up to the plate and Walk the Talk. As she just cannot do it, the market is telling us this. The market has been telling us this for well over a year + or so.

That is my take on what the problem with this company is (at present).

The projects are ok, they will eventually shine up. But again. They will shine up even more with somebody ELSE walking the Talk as KH just doesn't have the brash for it.

Drill - if they had announced minor delays and an that they would update shareholders in Feb, like you suggested, you yourself would have run for the hills, and lost the plot exponentially compared to what you are losing it now about a small update, so forgive me but i dont think that that would have helped any...

What they did was a small update, thrown in with some waste of time samples... but an update none the less... Some driven by emotion are reading too much into this IMO...

drillfix
14-01-2010, 11:23 PM
What they did was a small update, thrown in with some waste of time samples... but an update none the less... Some driven by emotion are reading too much into this IMO...

Scorp, we are not attacking you here bud, we have a difference in opinion and that is all good because it shows two sides to the coin.

Listen, even TonyS (showman) who is a large holder of URA got the jitters with such announcement and the "way it was done". It left him bamboozled as it did with many. So its not just me here.

My point is sure, say something, but say it with Flare, and as I have always said, its not what you say, its the way that you say it. That's all.

shasta
14-01-2010, 11:41 PM
Scorp, we are not attacking you here bud, we have a difference in opinion and that is all good because it shows two sides to the coin.

Listen, even TonyS (showman) who is a large holder of URA got the jitters with such announcement and the "way it was done". It left him bamboozled as it did with many. So its not just me here.

My point is sure, say something, but say it with Flare, and as I have always said, its not what you say, its the way that you say it. That's all.

Drillfix

As a long time URAN fan & now ex shareholder, having an announcement come out based on so little drilling results, reeks of deseparation to support the share price IMO.

I've been down this road before, with another Uranium "darling" DYL.

Deep Yellow was my first ever ASX purchase, & at the time Dr Leon Pretorious (ex PDN) could do no wrong, all the dots were being joined up, & then they made a deseparate announcement 1/4 of the way thru there Namibian drilling campaign.

I was bullish on DYL (as i always was with URA), & i sold straight away based on the actions on management, which i disapproved of.

It gives me great comfort despite other posters opinons at the time, that the DYL share price has never recovered to the levels i sold out at since.

(Joe King even had the nerve to say DYL would hit $5!)

If i ever caught wind Ukraine was back on, i'd be back in boots & all, even though the actions of past & present management leave alot to be desired

URA has enough activity to generate decent announcements, without having to stoop to firing out incomplete drilling results.

Here we are complaining that they have made an announcement, but you get the feeling they just haven't learnt the lessons of the past!

Am always on the watch for this thread, events in Ukraine, & ESPECIALLY anything to do with Discovery Minerals...

drillfix
15-01-2010, 12:21 AM
Drillfix
Here we are complaining that they have made an announcement, but you get the feeling they just haven't learnt the lessons of the past!

Hi Shasta,

Yes mate, you too have a URA tattoo burnt onto your butt like many of us old school ura, but imo, you have hit the nail on the head.

Meaning, exactly! Uran have not learn't any lessons from the Past

Hearing that type of ann gives me exactly that feeling. They have not learned.

But that keeps me talking about what I used to talk about year after year.

The problem with Uran is not Uran. The problem with Uran is Kate Hobbs and I am in the view that if she just could only STAND ASIDE (but still be a part of it) then the company would suddenly move in Leaps and Bounds.

Kate has had her time up on the stage to do the show and each time it gets close, there is no show, hence there is no real applause. (SP Huge Hikes).

As a long term shareholder, I want her to Put LIPSTICK on this stock and sell this dog and before it gets put down.

Bring in new blood, bring in modern marketing, bring timely updates all the time and not like its a chore and a privilege for shareholders.

Funny you mention DYL, I double my money on that as I also did U308 (uto) on the IPO.

Uran for many has been the biggest sting of a lifetime. It BADLY needs to review itself, its ways and find ways to make itself better. Is that not part of corporate governance??

Even their website still sucks with OLD data, OLD expressions that never worked previously and still do not work today.

Look at PLV's new website, not exactly maybe the best looking website, but not bad at all. On the WEB, content is King not good looking websites. But my point here is ALL of their information is precise, updated, and very attractive in the eyes of the investor (the story and how its sold).

We wait for an Ann that should have been here, but even if it does come, Uran should be spending 20 - 30 thousand on website updates, PR in news papers, image and exact and timely exposure to give full impact when news does come. This is what PROFESSIONALS do to make things more effective.

But all this of what we say here is FAR too FAR above their little Uranium Stuck up Heads of a Micro Cr@p company that cannot understand, NOR take criticism.

Its the same story but a different year. Time has changed and so have many of the shareholders, except some of the old school are here to play witness to watch how some of these CEO's make a living by Fleecing none the wise shareholders of their investment dollar.

Anyways, I have said enough as every time I post some thing here which is positive, it always seems to fall on deaf ears, except for you of course Shasta, Oh, and Zed of course :)

Huang Chung
15-01-2010, 12:26 AM
Drilly, you seem to be keen on pazzaz, but really, results should speak for themselves.

All I am saying is that they should tell the story as it is, clearly and unambiguiously.

drillfix
15-01-2010, 01:20 AM
LOL HC,

I would love to let the results talk for themselves, but this is not an Ordinary company here HC. It is what I would phrase to be exact, ABnormal.

As too are most of its shareholders, but as if you haven't worked that one out already hey ;)

ozelectro
15-01-2010, 01:42 AM
Hey Drilly,

I don't hold but do follow the story (obviously not as closely as I used to).

Much of my money is tied up in BOM (top 20 holder), which is another uranium explorer in Northern Territory.

scorp57
15-01-2010, 01:45 AM
Drillfix

As a long time URAN fan & now ex shareholder, having an announcement come out based on so little drilling results, reeks of deseparation to support the share price IMO.

I've been down this road before, with another Uranium "darling" DYL.

Deep Yellow was my first ever ASX purchase, & at the time Dr Leon Pretorious (ex PDN) could do no wrong, all the dots were being joined up, & then they made a deseparate announcement 1/4 of the way thru there Namibian drilling campaign.

I was bullish on DYL (as i always was with URA), & i sold straight away based on the actions on management, which i disapproved of.

It gives me great comfort despite other posters opinons at the time, that the DYL share price has never recovered to the levels i sold out at since.

(Joe King even had the nerve to say DYL would hit $5!)

If i ever caught wind Ukraine was back on, i'd be back in boots & all, even though the actions of past & present management leave alot to be desired

URA has enough activity to generate decent announcements, without having to stoop to firing out incomplete drilling results.

Am always on the watch for this thread, events in Ukraine, & ESPECIALLY anything to do with Discovery Minerals...

You see- Shasta makes well balanced, and justified criticisms of the co and I agree with him fully...

But he also see's the potential of what COULD happen.

I guess what I'm saying to Drill is, we all know the announcement was a waste of time... no disagreements here HOWEVER, i'm glad they informed us the second drilling program is underway AND unlike in the past we have an update of... well... something?! anything?! at least we know whats going on, even if it is SWEET FA!

oh and Shasta, Chelsea have it in the bag this year unless MAN U can work a miracle. although I have seen it done before. :D

drillfix
15-01-2010, 03:14 AM
Hey Drilly,

I don't hold but do follow the story (obviously not as closely as I used to).

Much of my money is tied up in BOM (top 20 holder), which is another uranium explorer in Northern Territory.

No worries Oz, I sure do hope BOM brings you good fortune there.

As usual, always good to see ya :)

drillfix
15-01-2010, 03:21 AM
I guess what I'm saying to Drill is, we all know the announcement was a waste of time... no disagreements here HOWEVER, i'm glad they informed us the second drilling program is underway AND unlike in the past we have an update of... well... something?

Ok Scorp, Im all chatted out about this now as I am sure the rest of the world ura readers are too...lol

No more posts from me until this "so called news".

And please do take note.
All I am saying is Kate Hobbs should not be a/the CEO of this (or any) company, she should be in another position. This would be a HUGE start to putting the company back on track as she just ain't cut out for this sh#t and I would have thought that was plain and simple for holders or investors to see.
(even from way back till now I have said this and fallen on deaf ears all the way)

scorp57
15-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Ok Scorp, Im all chatted out about this now as I am sure the rest of the world ura readers are too...lol

No more posts from me until this "so called news".

And please do take note.
All I am saying is Kate Hobbs should not be a/the CEO of this (or any) company, she should be in another position. This would be a HUGE start to putting the company back on track as she just ain't cut out for this sh#t and I would have thought that was plain and simple for holders or investors to see.
(even from way back till now I have said this and fallen on deaf ears all the way)

Now this, I agree with in full!!!
Need a better "face" for the company and someone to sell the story...

Either that or she should be running the co, but let someone else do PR etc.

scorp57
15-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Someone wants in bad...

15% increase. big volume on the options too... my purchase starting to look the goods...

drillfix
15-01-2010, 01:06 PM
LOL scorp, your one easily excited holder you are :)

scorp57
15-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Bah... With so much negativity all the time, gotta take the good when it comes mate...

I dont understand why someone would go out of the gates like that... with the options too...

not enough for price manipulation IMO

Aotea
15-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Bugger, Im trying to raise some cash to buy some of them oppies....

Aotea
15-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Someone wants in bad...

15% increase. big volume on the options too... my purchase starting to look the goods...

Maybe it is Kate, who has a full set of the drilling data? She may have artificially dropped the SP through dodgey announcements and now bought in large....??

drillfix
15-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Maybe it is Kate, who has a full set of the drilling data? She may have artificially dropped the SP through dodgey announcements and now bought in large....??

Aotea, Lets stick with reality here mate. I know I am off to cloud 9 a lot of the time but Kate doing a market purchase because of knowing drilling results is something from Lord of the Rings...LOL,

Plus its highly illegal.

The other thing is, why would she do that when she gets her Free Options each year.

Same goes for Pat Ryan, who has only EVER bought 10,000 shares close to 10c so what does that tell you about insider knowledge??

To me, it tells me they couldn't give a toss how things turn out for shareholders.

scorp57
15-01-2010, 04:33 PM
Aotea, Lets stick with reality here mate. I know I am off to cloud 9 a lot of the time but Kate doing a market purchase because of knowing drilling results is something from Lord of the Rings...LOL,

Plus its highly illegal.

The other thing is, why would she do that when she gets her Free Options each year.

Same goes for Pat Ryan, who has only EVER bought 10,000 shares close to 10c so what does that tell you about insider knowledge??

To me, it tells me they couldn't give a toss how things turn out for shareholders.

tells me they prob have enough shares/options already not only for Uran but also for many other companies too...

whoever it was, was keen. put in a bid at 6.2c this morning which was close to 20% over yesterdays closing price.

Huang Chung
16-01-2010, 01:10 AM
Saw Yulia's hair doo and immediately thought of Shasta's old avatar.

Not sure if this means anything to URA these days or not....

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jXBOw4aSlM-mHvLpYYfnVgb8Jqxw

drillfix
16-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Saw Yulia's hair doo and immediately thought of Shasta's old avatar.

Not sure if this means anything to URA these days or not....

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jXBOw4aSlM-mHvLpYYfnVgb8Jqxw

Huang, we have all been played like a piano previously by the Ukraine, or should I have said, Kate Hobbs was played like a piano so therefore so where the shareholders.

I am sure Shasta would be back on board if he thought Ukraine was gonna happen again. But Im sure half that is because I know that he sure does fancy Yulia and her daughter :p

For me, Personally, I dont want a bar it, because the Ukrainians are all cheats and liars and the Political system/arena over there STINKS, always has, and always will. It took me a while to snap out of it or basically wake up and realise, No Matter what is written or agreed is all b#ll****.

So no matter what happens with politics in Ukranine, I WILL NOT invest another dime and I encourage anybody else who even thinks about investing in Uran to DONT BE STUPID and invest because of UKRAINE.

In fact Kate Hobbs should officially aplogise to shareholders for her actions in being so Gullible.

With regards to the Czech Republic, one still must watch. Blue sky that should not be walked upon without an umbrella because they too can easily say things and then the outcome the next day is completely the opposite, but I fancy that alot more than I do Ukraine.

gazprom1
16-01-2010, 01:36 PM
DF.

Totally agree with you. Worked for 5 years in Russia and doesn't matter what is written down or what kind of deal you have in place, it all goes out the window when real money is involved.

DF - despite some stocks performing well this week, I lost 1% overall. Traded in and out of CFE successfully both times but nothing to write home about. I looked at the ASB links that AA posted. Interesting!! If you're quick, it looks like not toobad. Thoughts?

Thanks
GP

drillfix
16-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Hi Gaz,

Mate, just gotta a do a couple of weekend type chores here, will log back on a little later. Is there an ABS thread? If not, then I will catch ya in the intraday thread instead.

gazprom1
16-01-2010, 01:44 PM
DF,

Use the intra day as that has the ASB links?

Gaz

shasta
18-01-2010, 06:37 PM
DF,

Use the intra day as that has the ASB links?

Gaz

Michael "The Snake" Kiernan finally sells out....:mad:

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=URA&E=ASX&N=476990

So much for holding on for $5 SP (for 1 project), or $10 for 2 projects.

drillfix
18-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Michael "The Snake" Kiernan finally sells out....:mad:

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=URA&E=ASX&N=476990

So much for holding on for $5 SP (for 1 project), or $10 for 2 projects.

Correct Shasta, but "that" Crook getting or being out is a big + Plus now for Uran. Sad to say though it still doesn't change the pack of cunning crooks currently at the wheel, but it certainly makes it look alot better.

Never in my life have I ever known a man that needs a BULLET in the back of the head more than that guy, aka M the Snake K.

I hope his Karma catches up with him and deals with him accordingly.

shasta
18-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Correct Shasta, but "that" Crook getting or being out is a big + Plus now for Uran. Sad to say though it still doesn't change the pack of cunning crooks currently at the wheel, but it certainly makes it look alot better.

Never in my life have I ever known a man that needs a BULLET in the back of the head more than that guy, aka M the Snake K.

I hope his Karma catches up with him and deals with him accordingly.

For such a "wannabe hot shot", why sell now, how badly does he need that $400k?

But i agree, having him gone helps erase the past, just a little :(

drillfix
18-01-2010, 07:26 PM
For such a "wannabe hot shot", why sell now, how badly does he need that $400k?

But i agree, having him gone helps erase the past, just a little :(

I dont keep up with much of what MK does, but it seems he will probably need every nickel and dime to get Monarch Gold back up and running, although this time it will be Re-incarnated as Swan Gold.

MK the snake seemed to get back on board a backdoor listing for SRE (Stirling resources) which then worked with Pitcher and Partners to get hold of the Assets of MON (the very company he destroyed) at a bargain price, to only float it off again under Swan Gold.

There have been delays, and I am not sure what shareholders previously of Monarch will obtain as in issue per current share ratio when it does list.

Point of it is though, the Snake manages to crawl back, hence Crawly Investments. Bunch of snakes if you ask me.

They should be totally BANNED from any company, investment, being on a board or involved in any company for that matter.

Anyways, back to where and what. Yes, I would say he more than likely Desperately needed the money for his administration Con's. Or legal ones for all that matter.

Next task is to get him TOTALLY OFF the board of Uran.

While we are at it thinking about this stuff, Vote in another CEO and give kate her boots as capacity of Director of something else. Then watch the company flourish as 90% of the risk has then been washed out of the way and then watch the investors come running back (potentiall).

scorp57
18-01-2010, 09:06 PM
good riddance

pigeon
18-01-2010, 10:03 PM
:confused:

I don't even know why you guys are interested in this stock. Buy some PEN

shasta
18-01-2010, 10:57 PM

It's like the abused housewife that won't leave...:eek:

..or Stockholm Syndrome :D

scorp57
18-01-2010, 11:07 PM

It's like a wife... has cost me too much to leave now hahaha! jk!

nah in all honesty, I am heavily invested, but there is still alot of leverage and could spike quicker and larger than any other stock, if they ever pull their finger out...

I am interested to see where we are after the drill results come out in feb...

many sideline watchers just waiting for news IMO

zed327
21-01-2010, 05:13 PM
On the charts the share price support has been broken and it looks like 3c is the next target.

Buying now would be risking the old scenario of " catching falling knives ".

I wonder how much is left in the kitty at the moment.

drillfix
21-01-2010, 08:10 PM
On the charts the share price support has been broken and it looks like 3c is the next target.

Buying now would be risking the old scenario of " catching falling knives ".

I wonder how much is left in the kitty at the moment.

Its ok Zed, and actually, I think Great, because I know MK will be getting only peanuts.

I would love to see this at 1 cent or lower just if it meant the MK would have next to Zero for his efforts in this dog.

Then we can elect Scorp onto the board whom then can give Kate the boot form CEO, of then in which case it would be a near new company.

zed327
21-01-2010, 09:11 PM
We think alike Drill :D

scorp57
21-01-2010, 09:36 PM
I agree Zed

Without any news, this could easily fall back to 3c...

I am still awaiting the outcomes of many of URA's projects, not only in the USA but also CR and Ukraine etc...

I still think we will see some great results for such a small company, soon...

So... if they get back to 3c I will be goin in balls and all...

I already am in too deep, so averaging down even more, will hopefully be a story i get to tell my grandkids one day :)

good luck to us all!

zed327
22-01-2010, 11:33 AM
I hope it works out for you Scorp

Archer
22-01-2010, 12:35 PM
I

They should be totally BANNED from any company, investment, being on a board or involved in any company for that matter.

Anyways, back to where and what. Yes, I would say he more than likely Desperately needed the money for his administration Con's. Or legal ones for all that matter.

Next task is to get him TOTALLY OFF the board of Uran.

).

Drill MK has not been on the board of URAN for over two years - when he resigned the chair he quit the board totally . he will have lost on his original stake in uran - only made money on the pump and dump of march 2007 . A

drillfix
22-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Drill MK has not been on the board of URAN for over two years - when he resigned the chair he quit the board totally . he will have lost on his original stake in uran - only made money on the pump and dump of march 2007 . A

Ahhh thanks for the reminder there Archer.

What I think I meant was he in some way a None Executive director is he not?

Well if that is the case, lets make him a No Director of any type or association, in anyway possible.

Archer
22-01-2010, 03:05 PM
no drill - he has not been a director since his resignation in may 2007. A

drillfix
22-01-2010, 03:20 PM
no drill - he has not been a director since his resignation in may 2007. A

Well how about a sh#t kicker, surely he has had to be that . :rolleyes: :confused: :p

I would probably say, Criminally minded Warped B@stard that goes around conning people along with the coporate laws which if worked properly would see the Maggot in Jail. (oh, forgot, IMO) :rolleyes:

scorp57
22-01-2010, 04:30 PM
I hope it works out for you Scorp

Cheers Zed. No guarantees obviously, but we shall see...

I still think if management had any idea whatsoever about PR we would be multiples from here already anyway...

Company looking alot better than ever fundamentally, but SP almost the worst of all time...

LESSON IS? Choose companies with good management if going for spec stocks :D

zed327
29-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Quarterly out.

Over 50% of the kitty spent in the last quarter. :eek:

This company is going to need some very good drill results soon.

scorp57
29-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Quarterly out.

Over 50% of the kitty spent in the last quarter. :eek:

This company is going to need some very good drill results soon.

Agreed! But I beleive they are coming.

Long Term U forecasts are more bullish than any other resource from what I can see... If they find something still good.

I have been accumulating the options URAOA, bought some more today at 2.2c aswell as some STX etc etc... just little parcels but worth the punt with drill results a month away :)

drillfix
01-02-2010, 08:08 PM
Well, back to planet Uran.

Another day like to day and its hello 3c and 1c options.

Whatever news this Co has better be good, but then I honestly cannot see the markets caring too much about what results the co has.

The news will be too little and is 2 years too late.

I sure hope the sector catches on fire for your sake there Scorp.

Where is the stuttering CEO pehpehpeh Pat Ryan with his support or maybe making an share purchase on market??

Chances are that he has probably forgotten that he is the CEO of this badly tamed woofer.

scorp57
01-02-2010, 10:35 PM
The thing about these markets is that any company struggles... and our company isnt exactly the best protected against these conditions...

at least if it drops alot, there may be a good rebound when the markets recover again...

hopefully the correction ends before the results come out!

scorp57
08-02-2010, 12:18 PM
# * Tymoshenko refuses to concede defeat - yet
* Prospect of court challenge, snap parliamentary election
* Much could hinge on verdict of monitors

By Richard Balmforth
KIEV, Feb 7 (Reuters) - Exit polls gave a narrow win for
Ukraine's Viktor Yanukovich over Yulia Tymoshenko in Sunday's
election for president, but the refusal of his rival to concede
defeat appeared to deny the country a quick return to stability.
Three exit polls put opposition leader Yanukovich between 4
and just over 5 percent ahead of Prime Minister Tymoshenko. But
though the victory was hailed as "absolute" by a Yanukovich
aide, it was narrower than his camp had hoped for.
The charismatic Tymoshenko, 49, who rallied tens of
thousands against Yanukovich five years ago in the "Orange
Revolution" protests over his rigged election then, refused to
concede victory to her opponent on Sunday night.
She said she would await the official results of the count
which were coming in overnight.
Significantly though, in a televised broadcast that was
moderately-worded in contrast to her usual fiery style, she did
not renew a threat made last week to call her supporters out on
the streets if she suspected electoral fraud.
Analysts say that probably reflects a realisation on her
part that there is no appetite for a replay of the Orange
Revolution in the country of 46 million which is in the grip of
a deep economic crisis and suffering from election fatigue.
If she made such a call and it flopped, it would be
politically dangerous for her.
But, if the narrow Yanukovich victory is confirmed by
overnight results, then her aides could still try a legal
challenge to the result.
In Ukraine's bureaucratic judicial system that could lead to
protracted legal wrangling.
"Such a small gap means that there will be a serious fight
for the final election results," said Yuri Yakimenko of the
Razumkov Centre.
"The margin is not convincing and it is not the 10-12
percent as Yanukovich's side has said. They could not fulfil
their tasks and so we await a long court battle," he said.

OSCE VERDICT
Other analysts said much would hinge on the final verdict
handed down by international election monitors led by the
Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe which is due
on Monday -- and if Tymoshenko will accept their findings.
"Tymoshenko needs to concede defeat. However, she will not.
She will do this at some point and that will all depend on the
opinion of the election observers," said Mykhailo Pogrebinsky of
the Kiev research Centre of Political Studies.
Even if Tymoshenko finally concedes, Yanukovich will have to
be careful how he handles his powerful rival whose sizeable
share of the vote has underscored her role as one of the most
powerful and able politicians in Ukraine.
After the bitterness of the campaign in which she has openly
insulted him, he has made it clear there is no prospect of an
alliance with her.
Ukrainian media quoted him as saying she should prepare to
resign as prime minister.
Assuming Yanukovich's victory is confirmed, Tymoshenko can
expect in any case to be ousted as prime minister by a vote of
no confidence in parliament. Yanukovich will then seek to put
together a new coalition to get his own ally into the key role.
For this, however, he may need the support -- by no means
certain -- of the Our Ukraine faction of President Viktor
Yushchenko. Yanukovich may need only some of the Our Ukraine
faction to secure a workable majority.
If this fails, then he will have to dissolve parliament and
call a snap parliamentary poll which will put back further the
chances of a stable government and delay the resumption of
much-needed bail-out cash from the International Monetary Fund.
Fresh parliamentary elections could be held as early as June
though autumn is more likely. However, Yanukovich appears to be
reluctant to call fresh elections, fearing voter fatigue.
Most analysts agree that the winning side needs a strong
majority in parliament -- if only to avoid the sort of
paralysing conflict there was between Yushchenko and Tymoshenko.
"There are a lot challenges in the country. We don't want a
repeat of the Yushchenko-Tymoshenko relationship," said Tim Ash
of the Royal Bank of Scotland.

drillfix
08-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Hmmmm, good find there Scorp.

Although, the Ukraine and any developments there do not really interest me in the slightest.

If it were the CR news on potential Uran Blue sky with granted tenements then I would be getting a bit excited, but Ukraine? Nahhhh, lost way way way too much money on that one already.

They (Ukraine story) sucked Kate in previously and therefore sucked some of us in. Been there, done that, dont need to do it again.

Nothing but promises, politics that do not work and endless buckets of money doing nothing but feeding politicians pockets on misleading deception. Sorry~!

Aotea
17-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Trading halt....

Could this be the infamous full suite drill results-
Bankrupt or boost..what one will it be??

drillfix
17-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Trading halt....

Could this be the infamous full suite drill results-
Bankrupt or boost..what one will it be??

Good question Aotea.

It surely must be the long awaited results.

I hope they dont extend the halt until friday or something as they will be waisting the use of market forces on such a good market day.

Fingers crossed for something "good".

ozelectro
17-02-2010, 12:08 PM
It's another capital raising..

drillfix
17-02-2010, 12:54 PM
It's another capital raising..

Well thought of Oz, nearly forgot about that one, although Archer did mention it today also.

What I find is that if they could have held back until AFTER the drill results they would have been able to raise more and dilute less.

What a bunch of idiots this management are.

To me, this obviously means/points to that the drill results are going to be more than likely "average Joe".

And thus, the market will Smash it regardless.

All I can say is how typically Uran this is. SH#T management as usual or a bunch of crooks who wear suits for a living while they fleece Shareholders of every penny they can get.

Aotea
17-02-2010, 02:17 PM
Is it definately a new capital raising, or is that a guess Oz??

Aotea
17-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Oh, I have just read the announcement...what a bunch of tossers. Why didnt I put my money into PEN???

Aotea
17-02-2010, 02:30 PM
ok ok, have had a think about this monster...I think the drill results will be released while it is in the trading halt for the cap raising.

STRAT
17-02-2010, 05:39 PM
ok ok, have had a think about this monster...I think the drill results will be released while it is in the trading halt for the cap raising.Good luck fellas but I wouldnt be counting on it.

Aotea
17-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Good luck fellas but I wouldnt be counting on it.

bugger.....

Aotea
21-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Hot off the press...

Ukraine's Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko said on Saturday she would withdraw her legal appeal contesting the victory of Viktor Yanukovych in the recent presidential election runoff.

Who knows, maybe URA could actually manage something useful to the shareholders now and win those tenements??

ozelectro
21-02-2010, 04:55 PM
Hot off the press...

Ukraine's Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko said on Saturday she would withdraw her legal appeal contesting the victory of Viktor Yanukovych in the recent presidential election runoff.

Who knows, maybe URA could actually manage something useful to the shareholders now and win those tenements??

IMO, even if Uran do get access to those deposits (which I give a less than a 1% chance of happening), the market would not be interested. Who would back a company with uranium interests in the Ukraine? There is just way too much uncertainty and instability, and IMO nothing will ever get off the ground there unfortunately.

drillfix
21-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Aotea, I dont know if you can see it or not and I wish your thoughts could be so, but anything to do with the Ukraine is grasping at straws here.

Agree Oz, Ukraine is nothing but a total Scam and this has cost me and many others dearly.

What this co needs to do is show the results which justify Kate opening her mouth in the USA, start showing results and start showing the market and shareholders how much or what sort of value it has in making such decisions previously.

Even with the recent quick raising, we have no information to WHO actually got the shares at 3.5c which means the company is not very Transparent AGAIN. Up to their usual old tricks and methods, and that is scary.

I would consider buying some more at 2c but not a penny more.

Why? because now, who ever got those shares at 3.5 cents is gonna dump them continually at 4 - 5c.

The other thing is Kate Hobbs is full of Sh#t~! And this is true regardless of whether she Knows it or Not and that to me is what her problem is.

The problem the Uran the company has is that it is run by Kate Hobbs, she is not a very good business head or mind. I keep on saying, she should STAND DOWN and let somebody with some drive and direction run it whilst she should put her boots back on and pull a wage. But that too ain't going to happen now, so where does that leave the company and its shareholders???

I honestly wish I could say something good about this company but I cannot. I wish I could even RAMP with excitement about something worthwhile it has going for it, but I cannot.

Maybe it needs some of that potential BLUE SKY opportunity that URA previously have spoke of. Who knows, yes it could happen, and if it does, Great~! But then it may not and Kate will continue to dilute the company as her career gets dragged out as a Failed CEO of Uran whom shareholders she has fleeced.

Aotea
21-02-2010, 08:06 PM
I know Drill...Ive lost bugger-all in this lot and already I wish I was in PEN instead!! Im just trying to add a bit of positivity and humour to a dead dog...

drillfix
21-02-2010, 09:33 PM
I know Drill...Ive lost bugger-all in this lot and already I wish I was in PEN instead!! Im just trying to add a bit of positivity and humour to a dead dog...

Aotea, I understand. I wish I could give some support or Hooray type of flavour of my posts about this stock.

As I say, unless there is blue sky which luckily happens to fall, then its a slow and painful death for uran and its holders, and that is so very sad to watch let alone actually be invested in.

Even I continue to hold a small parcel and some options but yet I do not count on it. I was hoping this stock would break 10c and now I feel like a total fool for even thinking to myself that it could do it.

It has taken me quite a while to start to accept my past whipping I have endured, but it does not, nor will NEVER change my thoughts and views that Kate Hobbs should frigging well be JAILED.

On a positive note, be careful~!
It appears somebody wants out, and is getting out, and is also selling this stock totally down. So at some stage, even for this flee bitten mutt of a company it may actually start to have some value once where ever Rock Bottom is, because there is not that many shares on issue.

The other thing is the U sector isn't much of a Firestorm at the moment is it so when it does, value will also come. (providing KH can tell the truth and show some favourable results).

Preferably, I would like forfeit all my money and see her go to JAIL :rolleyes:

ps: Aotea
Dont feel bad about PEN, it is still there, there still are over a Billion shares on issue, there still is alot of promise, but to me there still is alot better value out there..

I would focus on finding "any" stock that is in an uptrend which continues to show upward movement. Forget sideways or Forums that say this stock and that stock is a boom. Just find the stocks in the uptrend and flow with the river in that direction. Then if it starts to fall or turn on you, it simple, get out~!

drillfix
04-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Well, the trademark of Kate Hobbs remains in tack with the usual "Nothing ness"

Not sure if I am posting here out of missing bagging the Cr@p out of her and the Co, but this so called promised news just cant seem to be released.

You see, this is part of the trait of a Sh#t company, one that is badly managed with Chairman whom does absolutely "nothing" and a CEO who lives on a natural hallucination but with REAL WORLD ramifications to its shareholders.

Or perhaps this is just a shake out for Kate to break her record to see how low this will go? Who knows.

The way these FPO's are being totally dumped, all I have to say is whatever results or news are to come, surely cant be that good.

STRAT
04-03-2010, 07:29 PM
They say a picture paints a thousand words so heres a small essay on Ooooran

percy
04-03-2010, 08:28 PM

I would focus on finding "any" stock that is in an uptrend which continues to show upward movement. Forget sideways or Forums that say this stock and that stock is a boom. Just find the stocks in the uptrend and flow with the river in that direction. Then if it starts to fall or turn on you, it simple, get out~![/QUOTE]
Dillfix.
With the above quote you could put book publishers,authors,tipsters,brokers all out of business.think of all the trees saved.all these people out of work because of your quote.
Simple advice is always the best.well done!!!!!
I trust you will follow your own advice.
As for Kate,make her your proxy for any meeting with instructions to vote against everything including her own reelection!!!!

zed327
05-03-2010, 04:23 PM
The URA chart would have to be one of the worst on the ASX in quite awhile.

3c and i think it's got a fair bit more to fall IMHO

drillfix
05-03-2010, 09:59 PM
There is no disputing that one Zed, and with full compliments and the master plan of Kate Hobbs.

The all time Low of 2.1 cents may even come into fruition as now 0.027 becomes tested.

I believe its the uncaring and desperate dumping of MK on his last jig to get fully out. I would believe then, and only then would there be some type of Half Hearted or convincing rally.

Though, I dont know why Miss Smartass Hobb could not find some Soph or Insto to take an off market offer/transfer, but no we got to do it the hard way. As always.

I think what would be the best thing is this situation would be for "anybody" with a Buy Order in, PULL IT, just let the stock fall to half a cent even. You would then potentially see a Rally back up to 8c within a month providing there was substantial news to justify this.

Speaking of which, where is this Frigging News??? Nothing, as always. Trademark of this Sleeze Bag management who in my opinion deserve to to Shot or executed. But fortunate for them we live in a so called civilised world where they can legally Scam People and use a ASX listed company to do it.

Say zed, your in perth, can you deliver a catalogue to Kate for me, but this time dont miss...LOL

ScrappyO
05-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Drill...I'm sure MK was out of uran a month or two ago but i could be wrong?

drillfix
05-03-2010, 11:47 PM
Hi Scrappy, I dont think so, we only seen a change in Top 20 not more than 6 weeks ago, so I dont think he is completely out, yet~!

drillfix
08-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Looks like there are some buyers back. For the news perhaps? Who cares, for those with balls of steel it maybe worth a trade anyways.

Lets not get emotional now folks, but by god I cannot stand this management, Boom, bang, Pow, Kaput.

zed327
09-03-2010, 01:32 PM
Looks like someone is trying to prop this up.

I've seen this happen a few times over the last couple of years.

scorp57
09-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Looks like someone is trying to prop this up.

I've seen this happen a few times over the last couple of years.

hmmm i dont know Zed... i have definately seen alot of promising signs over the years followed by dissapointment...

But someone is buying in large chunks... cant be market sentiment alone can it? stock is up 40% in 2 days, on decent volume for URA...

Anyways, perhaps the guys at the lab with the results are telling their wives to buy in - or perhaps its a false alarm... we shall see

p.s that order for the oppies at 0.009c is me haha

STRAT
09-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Gudday Scorp.

Id lean in Zeds direction this time.

Price flat
OBV dropping
Volume rising

tells me some one is trying to get out rather than in

JMO

STRAT
09-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Though I must admit todays intraday chart shows some promise :eek2:

zed327
09-03-2010, 06:04 PM
At 3.8c the share price is sitting right on the resistance line and will need to punch through this level to end the downward slide.

STRAT
09-03-2010, 06:10 PM
At 3.8c the share price is sitting right on the resistance line and will need to punch through this level to end the downward slide.Hi Zed,
Yup 3.8/3.9 either way its been a reasonable day. All hangs on the auction.

Not thinking of getting anywhere near URA again though

zed327
09-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Hi Zed,
Yup 3.8/3.9 either way its been a reasonable day. All hangs on the auction.

Not thinking of getting anywhere near URA again though

Never again - not even if Warren Buffet bought it and that ain't ever gunna happen.

drillfix
09-03-2010, 06:30 PM
At 3.8c the share price is sitting right on the resistance line and will need to punch through this level to end the downward slide.

Agreed there Zed, it can look encouraging, but without a clear break through (I would even say 4c+) then it it could be a continuation downwards.

As usual, this depends on the Hobbs Monster who said frigging results were going to be early Feb, but she probably forgot that she said what she did.

Here is a chart with oblique reistance.
Should this be broken then next R level will be 5c, then 7.2 accordingly.

Should there be No bullsh#t news with some substance then sure, it may just breakout.

http://i49.tinypic.com/9iz9yf.png

Good sign with double the volume of the 200ma, along with a 10% increase in SP on the same day.

This type of thing is good at picking up a trend reversal, but will be useless if no substance is given.

zed327
09-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Good chart there Drill.

Didn't know how to do that so i'm glad you did.

scorp57
09-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Good chart there Drill.

Didn't know how to do that so i'm glad you did.

2 huge buy signals if you ask me. Just looking at it without emotion...
If these hopeless sods that call themselves management can release some good results and do some proper marketing of said results, we may even be due a run!

I would still take a punt at these prices... But would wait for commercial U confirmation before going too hard... although, by the time confirmation comes, may have missed the best rise....

but at least you can sleep at night haha

see what happens guys

drillfix
10-03-2010, 02:21 PM
p.s that order for the oppies at 0.009c is me haha

Hey Scorp, or should I say, Options Master of Uran LOL

Looks like somebody has filled 275,000 of your order.

Should good news/results happen to flow through then you obviously can make your self some quick dollars there.

Looking back at a few volume spikes when they have occurred, it seems news comes 2 days to a week after.

Knowing how this bogus management operates, it might not even be this month though, but time will tell.

ps: sitll below oblique support on the chart, but inching up. We could see a strong close as already we have passed the 200 ma volume.

scorp57
10-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Hey Scorp, or should I say, Options Master of Uran LOL

Looks like somebody has filled 275,000 of your order.

Should good news/results happen to flow through then you obviously can make your self some quick dollars there.

Looking back at a few volume spikes when they have occurred, it seems news comes 2 days to a week after.

Knowing how this bogus management operates, it might not even be this month though, but time will tell.

ps: sitll below oblique support on the chart, but inching up. We could see a strong close as already we have passed the 200 ma volume.

haha yeh, just waitin for that last 25000 to get filled... Good buying at these prices, even if only for the fact that they could easily be 1.5c by tomoro sort of thing...

approaching half a mill of em now...

considering everything has run and is still running and URA has turned downwards I reckon if they can get their act together, the market might put its eyes on em.

wouldnt it be grand to get that dream spike we have all fantasised about so much...

one can dream

drillfix
10-03-2010, 04:16 PM
LOL Scorp, I guess if dreaming makes you feel good, then keep it up.

What I personally like is reality, and I will think positive to see the chart Pierce Through 3.9c for a 4c close to start giving off signals which will work in favour for a potential rally tomorrow (technically speaking).

Now here is the hard part, as you, me and everyone we know, and everyone they know, Knows that KH is not just a TAD slow, but useless when it comes to giving information to the market.

She gives information to the market when the market doesn't need it, she doesn't give news or information to the market, when the market and the Technicals need it.

So, where does that leave us? It leaves us with a Technical breakout, that will or could be much stronger if the actual Fundamentals come though, thats where.

Anyway, for what its worth, I hope that helps your dream in some way.. :P

drillfix
10-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Looks like we are 96.7c short of a dollar.

Volume sitll good, but no 10% today, gains nearly lost from yesterdays gain.

Here is another chart showing the lack of news. I guess it will continue down again without it. All compliments of Kate Hobbs as per usual.

http://i42.tinypic.com/10xwunn.png

RSI below 50, Volume ok, macd positive, stochs heading up, and still not quite through the declining support. Kinda like trying kick a field goal with a watermelon ain't it. :P

See how pretty you have painted this chart Kate? Each candle is your responsibility and you just dont give a toss.

Perhaps you should have married Michael Kiernan, and made the perfect couple from Hell.

Huang Chung
10-03-2010, 06:52 PM
TH - Drilling results Grants Ridge.

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01045598

scorp57
10-03-2010, 08:23 PM

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01045598

could it be? the sneaky few million shares over the last few days were actually for a reason?

cant let myself get excited again haha

although those oppies could have been timed to perfection ay drilly?

TRADING HALT REGARDING DRILLING RESULTS.

Heres my thoughts.

The only thing this Co. has going for it is that they know their Geology... more than qualified in fact...

So their drilling would have surely been a chance of finding some U??

Can they sell a story properly? We shall find out. Good luck to all

shasta
10-03-2010, 09:03 PM
could it be? the sneaky few million shares over the last few days were actually for a reason?

TRADING HALT REGARDING DRILLING RESULTS.

Heres my thoughts.

The only thing this Co. has going for it is that they know their Geology... more than qualified in fact...

So their drilling would have surely been a chance of finding some U??

Can they sell a story properly? We shall find out. Good luck to all

In much the same way we look at a car crash when driving past, i found myself drawn in to open the URA - Trading Halt ann.

Will Grant's Ridge drilling results stop the share price slide? (I was hoping for the Ukraine deposits, haha)

According to the w**kers @ ASB Sec i still own some of these, not sure how exactly

drillfix
10-03-2010, 10:26 PM

Hey HC, I knew if I bagged the company hard enough on the web then it would have to release some news... haahaa~!

Doesn't necessarily mean its good though, but what more bad can already be done I wonder?

We shall find out. Good luck to all

Scorp, I think you will be having a pay day coming up.

It may not be the results of the century but as you say, Hey, its results ...lol

If even, for the sake of "Technical Analysis" this can just break out in an uptrend, then I think I can start to feel better about this stock.

If news is good, we should at least get 5c out of it, having gauged past U plays with their news, could even end up at 7.5 - 8c, but one dare not speculate too much with uran as we have already lived that nightmare previously.

Well done there scorp, it is good you still had the spare Dosh to grab some lowball oppies. :)

Will Grant's Ridge drilling results stop the share price slide? (I was hoping for the Ukraine deposits, haha)

According to the w**kers @ ASB Sec i still own some of these, not sure how exactly

Hi Shasta, good to see ya again here,
So you mean you might even still be holding a few of these doggies?

I dont know if Grants results will do what the Ukraine of CR have done previously , but up to 7+ to 10c should be do-able pending on what actual results are.

As mentioned before, I am just happy to see this stock out of the Technical Basket Case for a while.

Hopefully it will come to life for a couple of months, till folks get the gist that Kate is a slacker....lol

scorp57
11-03-2010, 11:13 AM
some buy depth appearing too. like i said, perhaps the trading halt is because the company knew that someone was getting in coz they knew the info...

If they have found some U and it is as viable as they have been hinting at, I would like to ask the question of the experts, (especially on hotcopper haha) of whatthat is worth to a company valued at $4 million... what should they be valued at? etc etc.

remember this is not a PEN where there are billions of shares on issue. Market Cap is important in my eyes in the long term especially.

Anyways lets see what happens. If its real and it is Uranium, then surely we are in for at least a turn around??

we can help raise awareness ourselves on HC etc too

drillfix
11-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Hi Scorp, getting ready to cash in some chips today? LOL

I cant raise awareness on HC, can only read there, and its probably best like that anyway.

If there is such thing with this company, it would be good for just once to have an honest announcement which the market can honestly value the Co.

This has been the problem with Uran, the market, Hotcopper, Here at ST, nobody can actually put a correct value on it due to all its previous lies and deception, so when the real news comes out, the market may believe it for a while, or it gets traded for a day or two, and then what? It falls.

But this is where, depending on how the ann is worded, delivered, and what marketing and follow ups the company has planned, then this will ultimately set the course of its direction for the good or bad.

This will also reflect the management they have in place. I no matter what still believe Kate Hobbs should not be running this show (even if its her own show) as it truly is not in the interest of shareholders. She should maybe work for the or be on the board, but not run the shop.

Hopefully if these results are good then we can afford to actually pay a real CEO.

Lets just get out of the Technical Basket we are in ATM, and if you want, I will give you links to charts to post on HC with image outline so you can paste it into a post for all the wanna be technical chart heads out there. Plus it will give you and others something to ramp about.

What do you reckon Zed? Keen to hear your thoughts on this, or would I be right in what I currently have said (I believe I am).

scorp57
11-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Yeh i agree...

KH is definately great with geology - no doubt about it - but she would be better behind the scenes finding where the money is in the ground, with someone more capable and who knows how to sell a story out front...

Very interesting to see what will happen.

At least from previous samples, we know that there is U in the ground... Just hopefully more than some scattered specs on the topsoil...

zed327
11-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Hi Scorp, getting ready to cash in some chips today? LOL

I cant raise awareness on HC, can only read there, and its probably best like that anyway.

If there is such thing with this company, it would be good for just once to have an honest announcement which the market can honestly value the Co.

This has been the problem with Uran, the market, Hotcopper, Here at ST, nobody can actually put a correct value on it due to all its previous lies and deception, so when the real news comes out, the market may believe it for a while, or it gets traded for a day or two, and then what? It falls.

But this is where, depending on how the ann is worded, delivered, and what marketing and follow ups the company has planned, then this will ultimately set the course of its direction for the good or bad.

This will also reflect the management they have in place. I no matter what still believe Kate Hobbs should not be running this show (even if its her own show) as it truly is not in the interest of shareholders. She should maybe work for the or be on the board, but not run the shop.

Hopefully if these results are good then we can afford to actually pay a real CEO.

Lets just get out of the Technical Basket we are in ATM, and if you want, I will give you links to charts to post on HC with image outline so you can paste it into a post for all the wanna be technical chart heads out there. Plus it will give you and others something to ramp about.

What do you reckon Zed? Keen to hear your thoughts on this, or would I be right in what I currently have said (I believe I am).

I reckon you just about got it there Drill.

To many times the share holders have been treated like donkeys and have had imaginary carrots dangled in front of them only for the carrot to evaporate.

With no explanation from Hobbs & Co investors are left shocked - humiliated & a lot poorer.

As the share price slides you can bet that another imaginary carrot will appear to try to entice gullible investors in again & again.

Maybe i'm to scarred from MK & Hobbs to give a rational accessment of this dog but my gut feeling and hatred of this management has been pretty well spot on now for a few years.

I'll point out that the board show no faith in where this company is headed otherwise they would be "backing the truck up" for sure.

drillfix
11-03-2010, 06:32 PM
I reckon you just about got it there Drill.

I'll point out that the board show no faith in where this company is headed otherwise they would be "backing the truck up" for sure.

Thanks Zed, and I totally agree with the above statement. This is something I have continually gone on about.

Saying that, bare in mind that Management are not allowed to buy I think is it a week at least before news or whilst in the possession of any news, so at least they have a lame excuse and not that they would, because the whole board doesn't give a toss what happens here anyway.

Now, regarding the news.

Why exactly does it take till Days to issue news???

Its either because it is good news, or it is bad news, or perhaps KH is trying to time it so the market is storng (if she is smart) but we already know, Kate ain't smart, so she is going to play the card when the markets are weak tomorrow. (after all, it needs a breather which will be healthy for it).

So where does that leave us, I dont see any major bids coming through or showing up, why is this?? Probably because the insiders have already got their stash perhaps?

Some poster on hc spoke of it would be possibly because of raising more capitol to US soph's or insto's perhaps, who knows, its obvious the co needs cash, but I thought they were running things on a shoe string budget to make the cash last way longer??? Doesn't appear so.

Why dont they Flog off JUNO minerals if they need cash, what are they waiting for? Basically shareholders have already paid for that and it sitting doing Nothing for us.

Even the sale and the proceeds put into some High Interest cash account would make some money than that sitting there. Yet why is it KH seems to think different all the time.

In the meantime, its back to waiting for the facts as per usual.

drillfix
12-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Why is this company timing this announcement at the worst possible time, they should have released this morning.

They seem to have habbit of waiting until the end of the day when the news is of No Use to most traders or Holders, because nobody will be frigging interested.

So typically Uran, what a crock of Sh#t

STRAT
12-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Perhaps they dont get out of bed before noon

drillfix
12-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Perhaps they dont get out of bed before noon

LOL Strat, you could have a high probability on that.

By looks of things, it can be a fantastic news item by looking at the buy/sell table, guess its just another day in sh#tsville.