PDA

View Full Version : Nat/act/nzf 2023

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]

Balance
26-06-2024, 08:15 AM
I have seen NZer Lucy Hockings on the BBC. She is a good interviewer. She has clear unemotional questioning, yet gets to the point. Maiki is very staccato in comparison, although it has been a while since I have seen TVNZ news.

The BBC wanted her to moderate her Kiwi accent though!

She shifted to UK in 1999 - 25 years ago when she was 24 years old so hardly a NZer any more in a professional sense. She certainly has done well and do great to see. Good on her to make the move and make a big success of herself. Stay in NZ and she would have had to adopt to the Maorification program to get anywhere.

Go woke, go broke - that’s Aotearoa today. Heading towards 2nd world status fast.

winner69
26-06-2024, 08:46 AM
,,,…,,,deleted

Balance
26-06-2024, 09:05 AM
This is a cool chart from that Poll …most expect to be worse off

And in all seriousness, how many of those polled rely upon the msm to form their opinions rather than read & understand the budget?

Go woke, go broke - that's Aotearoa today.

Bjauck
26-06-2024, 09:23 AM
She shifted to UK in 1999 - 25 years ago when she was 24 years old so hardly a NZer any more in a professional sense. She certainly has done well and do great to see. Good on her to make the move and make a big success of herself. Stay in NZ and she would have had to adopt to the Maorification program to get anywhere.

Go woke, go broke - that’s Aotearoa today. Heading towards 2nd world status fast. A Māori language and cultural awareness course on the CV, would be a positive for international broadcast jobs. It would show experience in learning correct pronunciation and etiquette in a language other than English. So that would be a positive attribute for an international broadcaster or for an international reporting role, as well as for positions here in Aotearoa NZ in the South Pacific.

If anything, a strong NZ English accent may be the biggest disadvantage.

Balance
26-06-2024, 09:24 AM
A Māori language and cultural awareness course on the CV, would be a positive for international broadcast jobs. It would show experience in learning correct pronunciation and etiquette in a language other than English. So that would be a positive attribute for an international broadcaster or for an international reporting role, as well as for positions here in Aotearoa NZ in the South Pacific.

Garbage.

Woke mindset spout woke garbage.

Bjauck
26-06-2024, 09:31 AM
Garbage.

Woke mindset spout woke garbage. Lucy Hockings had to undertake Elocution lessons as the BBC thought her NZ English accent was too broad. That would be the biggest hurdle for a NZ broadcaster seeking employment overseas!

Daytr
26-06-2024, 09:39 AM
Garbage.

Woke mindset spout woke garbage.

Kia ora,

It's only garbage to those with a closed mind and your constant barrage of criticism of anything Maori underlines your attitudes towards Maori.
How can being a fluent speaker of te reo be a negative? Bjauck is quite correct in his assessment & it would also demonstrate to an international employer that the person is comfortable picking up languages in general. A great skill for those in the media.

Your posts of woke go broke BS, NZ is stuffed etc are tiresome & seem to reflect some form of depression on your side. Your great hope of ACT or NZF being the saviour of NZ is a fantasy a bit like your so called Beach house and also reflects your extreme views. A bit like Shane Jones or Winston Peters, you have far too much to say for yourself.

You could at least be constructive in your posts, rather than boarish rants that are repetitive and constant. Honestly the amount you post on these threads not only lowers the tone it also reflects some sort of need or addiction.

Yes I know, I will wait for the standard boarish response. Or perhaps this might actually work and you will restrain what is your nature.

Nga mihi.

Balance
26-06-2024, 11:20 AM
Good morning Daytr.

kihi toku tuara! :D

mistaTea
26-06-2024, 11:35 AM
A Māori language and cultural awareness course on the CV, would be a positive for international broadcast jobs. It would show experience in learning correct pronunciation and etiquette in a language other than English. So that would be a positive attribute for an international broadcaster or for an international reporting role, as well as for positions here in Aotearoa NZ in the South Pacific.

If anything, a strong NZ English accent may be the biggest disadvantage.

LOL.

Yes I am sure the Maori course Lucy did is what secured her the job at the BBC. How much te reo has she used in her news bulletins again?

Let's try keep at least one foot on planet Earth chaps! :D

mistaTea
26-06-2024, 11:39 AM
Kia ora,

It's only garbage to those with a closed mind and your constant barrage of criticism of anything Maori underlines your attitudes towards Maori.
How can being a fluent speaker of te reo be a negative? Bjauck is quite correct in his assessment & it would also demonstrate to an international employer that the person is comfortable picking up languages in general. A great skill for those in the media.

Your posts of woke go broke BS, NZ is stuffed etc are tiresome & seem to reflect some form of depression on your side. Your great hope of ACT or NZF being the saviour of NZ is a fantasy a bit like your so called Beach house and also reflects your extreme views. A bit like Shane Jones or Winston Peters, you have far too much to say for yourself.

You could at least be constructive in your posts, rather than boarish rants that are repetitive and constant. Honestly the amount you post on these threads not only lowers the tone it also reflects some sort of need or addiction.

Yes I know, I will wait for the standard boarish response. Or perhaps this might actually work and you will restrain what is your nature.

Nha mihi.

If you are going to go full Dandelo and virtue signal to try to get a rise out of posters at least double check that you got the spelling right please.

:t_up:

mistaTea
26-06-2024, 12:32 PM
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/520591/justice-minister-paul-goldsmith-confirms-coalition-plans-to-amend-sentencing-laws

These changes cannot come soon enough.

Balance
26-06-2024, 02:01 PM
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/520591/justice-minister-paul-goldsmith-confirms-coalition-plans-to-amend-sentencing-laws

These changes cannot come soon enough.

Those measures do not even restore the pendulum of justice to the middle from the pro-crims policies of Ardern & Kelvin Davis!

Glaringly missing is increased punishment for parents and adults who use their kids and youngsters to commit crimes. Fxxk them.

The way to get rid of crime is to get rid of criminals so that they do not get to mingle with society. The money being spent jailing the scumbags is the best spent of monies in the justice system.

mistaTea
26-06-2024, 02:28 PM
Those measures do not even restore the pendulum of justice to the middle from the pro-crims policies of Ardern & Kelvin Davis!

Glaringly missing is increased punishment for parents and adults who use their kids and youngsters to commit crimes. Fxxk them.

The way to get rid of crime is to get rid of criminals so that they do not get to mingle with society. The money being spent jailing the scumbags is the best spent of monies in the justice system.

Rome wasn’t built in a day. The new govt cannot go too hard too fast or they will spook the horses.

I like this change as a starting point.

Balance
26-06-2024, 05:02 PM
Rome wasn’t built in a day. The new govt cannot go too hard too fast or they will spook the horses.

I like this change as a starting point.

I am thankful that ACT and NZF are there to add steel to National’s fickle spine.

Without them, National would still be talking and pondering.

mistaTea
26-06-2024, 05:08 PM
I am thankful that ACT and NZF are there to add steel to National’s fickle spine.

Without them, National would still be talking and pondering.

Agreed 100%. ACT and NZF are the balls of the coalition.

Not sure if that means that they amount to a testicle each, but that’s probably just academic at this point!

Getty
26-06-2024, 07:24 PM
What a vengeful woman that Maiki Sherman & TV1 must be.

Not happy that she had to present positive poll results on the coalition last night, they spent the last 24 hours with another poll, then using methodology l don't recall being used before, came up with a minus number for Lux, and a plus for Hipkins.

Bentdick Collins didn't show his face.

Must have gone off to straighten himself out, and become a better member of society.

Getty
27-06-2024, 05:47 AM
Te Karere Maori news presented the recent TV1 poll that showed
coalition parties support rising, this morning

What a difference!

No bias or over ride of opinion, just the facts, and let the main political players do the talking.

Well done Te Karere, news as it should be offered.

mistaTea
28-06-2024, 11:25 AM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/media-insider-hollywood-film-in-auckland-domain-bsa-rules-on-mike-hosking-maorification-comment-ad-agency-in-liquidation/MZR3JSEZ6ZFKNCKSATPNCFE2VA/

This Richard Lane fellow who complained about Hosking using the term Maorification sounds like a fun guy to be around.

I think a good clip around the ears is what most of these white saviours need.