PDA

View Full Version : DGL - DGL Group

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Beagle
27-05-2022, 05:11 PM
And that’s how we like it.

The likes of Simon Whimp are welcome to pxss off to Australia or any other country which loves his kind.

Just like Eric Watson & Ron Brierley were welcome to fxxk off overseas.

Up yours, Simon & his kind.

You can take the peasant out of the village but you cannot take the village out of the peasant as they say.

Well said. The apology was a charade and the so called independent review of corporate culture and diversity would have been too.

nztx
27-05-2022, 05:15 PM
Well said. The apology was a charade and the so called independent review of corporate culture and diversity would have been too.

Wonder if there might be a repeat in OZ Land in future ? ;)

The reaction from all & sundry might be 10x worse over the ditch :)

percy
27-05-2022, 05:40 PM
Wonder if there might be a repeat in OZ Land in future ? ;)

The reaction from all & sundry might be 10x worse over the ditch :)

Will most probably go gang busters now it is getting rid of the stigma of being a kiwi company...lol

Hoop
27-05-2022, 05:53 PM
good move for dgl the aussies are where the action is.

one of the reasons being lack of volume in NZ .... too right NZX does not encourage trading volume on the NZX becuase of there rules that why the NZX volume is so low
traders do not like nzx
Chartists (me) don't like NZX either as their data/info belongs to "secret squirrel and family"...

Congratulations DGL on the move. I hope there will be many more..NZX needs a shake up ...

Many say NZ is a back water..That's true for those who use outdated information/over-regulated/over-priced systems...In reality, nowadays NZ is only a keyboard away from the rest of the world.

Balance
27-05-2022, 06:17 PM
Will most probably go gang busters now it is getting rid of the stigma of being a kiwi company...lol

Yup - tell that to Mark Breyers & Blue Chip Financial Services. :D

percy
27-05-2022, 06:34 PM
Yup - tell that to Mark Breyers & Blue Chip Financial Services. :D

More like Mainfreight in Aussie.
Once they replaced the NZ flag with the Australian flag, and put the words Mainfreight Australia on the side of their trucks,their business took off there.

bottomfeeder
27-05-2022, 07:37 PM
Yep sure a flippant comment means that the company is a lesser value company. It's a buy for me. Probably what a lot of people are thinking about MFB anyway. Yay Johhny Depp, Yay MCP (male chauvinist pigs). Too many people want to control your lives anyway. RESIST

Balance
27-05-2022, 07:47 PM
More like Mainfreight in Aussie.
Once they replaced the NZ flag with the Australian flag, and put the words Mainfreight Australia on the side of their trucks,their business took off there.

LOL. Very Loud!

Try Chase, Warehouse, Telecom, Air NZ, Tower and Pumpkin Patch rebadging as Aussie companies and getting their backside kicked all the way back to NZ.

Don’t use the analogies selectively.

bottomfeeder
27-05-2022, 07:50 PM
LOL. Very Loud!

Try Chase, Warehouse, Telecom, Air NZ, Tower and Pumpkin Patch rebadging as Aussie companies and getting their backside kicked all the way back to NZ.

Don’t use the analogies selectively.

Not substantially moving business from NZ to Australia, just the stock exchange listing.

Oops, my bad already a substantially Australian company. Don't know much about DGL, just buying solely on the overselling of the stock and the reduced SP.

Balance
27-05-2022, 08:04 PM
Not substantially moving business from NZ to Australia, just the stock exchange listing.

Try Blue Chip Financial Services as an example then. Lol.

nztx
28-05-2022, 12:33 AM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/dgl-group-to-delist-from-nzx-after-founder-simon-henrys-attack-on-nadia-lim/C6JNN35O6DN2XZRJEM2ZG6RNTE/

NZX Head's final take on this:

However, NZX chief executive Mark Peterson said the decision clearly was a reaction to Henry's comments about Nadia Lim and the My Food Bag IPO.

Nor
28-05-2022, 07:12 AM
A modern day witch hunt. Whoopee!

bottomfeeder
28-05-2022, 10:07 AM

Oops, my bad already a substantially Australian company. Don't know much about DGL, just buying solely on the overselling of the stock and the reduced SP.

25% discount sounds good to me and as soon as fund managers have their research teams do their analysis, and then have their recommendation meetings (I would say in about two weeks, most move their decision process that slowly) this stock will be a buy for them. Simon's probably poised to pick up a few himself.

Balance
28-05-2022, 10:15 AM
A modern day witch hunt. Whoopee!

Heard Eric Watson said the same thing.

Simon Whimp is in good company.

Balance
28-05-2022, 10:24 AM
Smell the air when the DGL & Simon Whimp stench is removed soon!

Ricky-bobby
28-05-2022, 07:30 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/masterchef-nz-contestant-airs-reality-shows-dirty-laundry-before-premiere-this-weekend/5YF3RWVZVXZODEWAQ5SZH76M6U/ Nadia caught in drama again! Hopefully her looks will distract peoples attention and all will be forgiven😉

nztx
28-05-2022, 10:28 PM
Before Simon departs - here a shot of Nadia:

https://resources.stuff.co.nz/content/dam/images/4/y/y/d/j/y/image.related.StuffLandscapeSixteenByNine.710x400. 24oe8k.png/1653710727507.jpg?format=pjpg&optimize=medium

Definitely looks far more attractive than Simon could manage any day of the week :)

Don't worry - the Aussie Ladies have probably had prior warning 'in case that Henry' fellow shows up :)

percy
29-05-2022, 07:47 AM
Appoint Simon as a judge.
Then it would become a real reality show...

ziggy415
29-05-2022, 09:12 AM
Smell the air when the DGL & Simon Whimp stench is removed soon!
Then this thread will be left with plenty of balance

bull....
29-05-2022, 09:28 AM
Chartists (me) don't like NZX either as their data/info belongs to "secret squirrel and family"...

Congratulations DGL on the move. I hope there will be many more..NZX needs a shake up ...

Many say NZ is a back water..That's true for those who use outdated information/over-regulated/over-priced systems...In reality, nowadays NZ is only a keyboard away from the rest of the world.

im with you on this hoop , its total madness that the NZX think there data is so special and they charge so expensively :scared: they are only 100 odd companies lol.
anyway if you dont mind paying 120 a yr you can get nzx data from microsoft 365 and download into excel

Balance
29-05-2022, 09:54 AM
Before Simon departs - here a shot of Nadia:

https://resources.stuff.co.nz/content/dam/images/4/y/y/d/j/y/image.related.StuffLandscapeSixteenByNine.710x400. 24oe8k.png/1653710727507.jpg?format=pjpg&optimize=medium

And there's more :

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/nadia-lim-dead-mice-cauliflower-gluts-and-why-simon-henry-would-have-rattled-her-once/CIXKGKW6B2D4J7CPCW22JCVTVI/
paywalled

Everything you ever want to know about Nadia - from her nude food to her new life on the farm.

Trust one of the Whimp followers here like Percy & Nor will send the article to Simon Whimp - hopefully for you shareholders, Simon will then get back to actually running the company instead of eyeing cleavages and chasing 21 years old.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/resizer/7g84ttXm8ib511mTiosJOLLv_rc=/1440x2160/smart/filters:quality(70)/cloudfront-ap-southeast-2.images.arcpublishing.com/nzme/43NMCNMWTMJMSL7JFFVLB45CRY.jpg

Balance
29-05-2022, 09:56 AM
And more - to help ease the sting of DGL's falling sp :

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/resizer/FEx9dWBFAxBG0TPhZbs-4cRwKdw=/1440x1920/smart/filters:quality(70)/cloudfront-ap-southeast-2.images.arcpublishing.com/nzme/G2BJR373XCZA6EC6J2IC46HMK4.jpg

Wiremu
29-05-2022, 10:00 AM
Or for free from https://nz.finance.yahoo.com/quote/DGC.NZ/

Azz
29-05-2022, 10:27 AM
Can we stop the bashing of the CEO? Time to move on from that.

Balance
29-05-2022, 10:32 AM
Can we stop the bashing of the CEO? Time to move on from that.

Can Simon Whimp stop harassing females, especially 21 years old?

Azz
29-05-2022, 10:39 AM
You sound obsessed with him.

bottomfeeder
29-05-2022, 10:56 AM
Can Simon Whimp stop harassing females, especially 21 years old?

That does make his company worth less.

Azz
29-05-2022, 11:06 AM
We'll see.

Azz
29-05-2022, 11:16 AM
A few years back, Sergey Brin had a highly inappropriate "affair" with a 20-something "subordinate". Did this impact the Google share price?

Balance
29-05-2022, 11:49 AM
A few years back, Sergey Brin had a highly inappropriate "affair" with a 20-something "subordinate". Did this impact the Google share price?

Affair is one thing.

A 52 year old chasing and harassing a 21 year old and obsessing about cleavages is entirely a different thing.

Azz
29-05-2022, 11:52 AM
That does make his company worth less.

bottomfeeder, wondering, by "does" perhaps you mean "doesn't" lol?

Azz
29-05-2022, 11:53 AM
Affair is one thing.

A 52 year old chasing and harassing a 21 year old and eyeing cleavages is entirely a different thing.

Maybe you should read up on the "affair".

Balance
29-05-2022, 12:02 PM
Maybe you should read up on the "affair".

What for?

You are the one who is obsessed with excusing Simon Whimp for his repugnant behaviour.

So you just keep finding reasons to justify his behaviour as you are perfectly capable of - as some of the posters here are doing.

Azz
29-05-2022, 12:09 PM
You said "affair is one thing" with zero knowledge of what that "affair" entailed.

Azz
29-05-2022, 12:10 PM
I had an association with a private company a few years ago. A family-owned company. And several members of this family were the most reprehensible low lifes I've ever associated with. However, this business made money - a LOT of money. Point I'm making is that an emotional response to investing is of no use whatsoever. I agree the DGL CEO was out of line. But he apologized, and now time to move on.

Balance
29-05-2022, 12:22 PM
I had an association with a private company a few years ago. A family-owned company. And several members of this family were the most reprehensible low lifes I've ever associated with. However, this business made money - a LOT of money. Point I'm making is that an emotional response to investing is of no use whatsoever. I agree the DGL CEO was out of line. But he apologized, and now time to move on.

Simon Whimp’s apology is not worth a bucket of spit.

Drug pushers make a lot of money. Gun manufacturers make a lot of money.

You are free to associate with them too.

Azz
29-05-2022, 12:30 PM
It sounds to me that you have a personal reason for this vendetta, you should calm down a bit and stop throwing stones from within your glass house.

As for the pharmaceutical industry, indeed it does make a lot of money. And our armed forces need to buy weapons from somewhere, or do you propose we disarm ourselves?

Louloubell
29-05-2022, 12:36 PM
In the good book it says that he who has never stuffed up in a major way to throw the first stone.
Hence I refrain from throwing stones.
Balance has obviously never stuffed up, so we should applaud him on achieving something beyond most of us.

Azz
29-05-2022, 12:45 PM
We should cherish the moment; we've met a saint online.

bottomfeeder
29-05-2022, 12:54 PM
Yep I was being sarcastic. Without adding fuel to the fire, most shareholders that bought MFB in the IPO will be angry and vindictive. Some say things better than others.

Azz
29-05-2022, 01:01 PM
Balance, your continuous and irrational bad-mouthing of the DGL CEO is not so different from his offensive and misguided bad-mouthing of the beloved Nadia Lim. There are some differences obviously - for example, you have anonymity whereas he put his name to it, he apologized whereas you bad mouth him neverendingly. I am a shareholder of this company and I'm sick and tired of you abusing the CEO on this public forum. Time to move on.

Balance
29-05-2022, 01:22 PM
It sounds to me that you have a personal reason for this vendetta, you should calm down a bit and stop throwing stones from within your glass house.

As for the pharmaceutical industry, indeed it does make a lot of money. And our armed forces need to buy weapons from somewhere, or do you propose we disarm ourselves?

You sound exactly like the Pike River shareholders who accused me of harbouring a personal vendetta against that company.

So you know where you can stick your comments.

Azz
29-05-2022, 01:28 PM
So you know where you can stick your comments.

Charming .

garfy
29-05-2022, 01:35 PM
Stick with it Azz, you are a breathe of fresh air!!!

Azz
29-05-2022, 01:50 PM
garfy, thanks! and I will.

Balance
29-05-2022, 01:54 PM

Birds of a feather stick together.

Azz
29-05-2022, 02:02 PM
Balance, it's obvious your raison d'etre here is to abuse people. Makes you feel good, does it.

Balance
29-05-2022, 02:17 PM
Balance, it's obvious your raison d'etre here is to abuse people. Makes you feel good, does it.

Azz, have you properly reviewed what Simon Whimp did?

He cynically and in a calculative manner attempted to stoke his own ego by making sexist, racist and totally uncalled for & unjustifiable remarks about a director of another company.

When challenged, he went to ground. So he is a coward.

When the heat became too hot, he made out that he had apologised. He did not. So he is a liar.

When the company’s most important customer expressed disquiet, he finally fronted up behind DGL’s office manger’s skirt and made an ‘apology’ which was no apology for what he said. So he is double confirmed as a coward and a liar.

Now, which part of the above have I got wrong?

And the likes of you think it is okay to move on because he has done the right thing with his ‘apology’?

Don’t be so naive as an individual & as an investor.

nztx
29-05-2022, 02:26 PM
im with you on this hoop , its total madness that the NZX think there data is so special and they charge so expensively :scared: they are only 100 odd companies lol.
anyway if you dont mind paying 120 a yr you can get nzx data from microsoft 365 and download into excel

Yes only 100 or so companies - buried amongst all the other nonsense they list as companies :)

Clearly a symptom of past attention lacking on being NZ's Exchange and not losing listings on every minor corner turn, then try to pad the listings numbers up with every sort of fund under the sun :)

nztx
29-05-2022, 02:28 PM

Which DGL board seat do you occupy ? ;)

There are disclosure rules .. if you dare :)

Not sure about the cleaner or tea lady though..

winner69
29-05-2022, 02:36 PM
There was something disturbingly primal about his words about Lim and no doubt he has what some has described a god complex.

I'd be interested how his fellow director Denise Brotherton feels about his behaviour .... actually I feel sorry for her having to work with such a guy - hope she isn't the next to have her clothing, cleavage, and sensuality publicly discussed

Azz
29-05-2022, 02:38 PM
Which DGL board seat do you occupy ? ;)

There are disclosure rules .. if you dare :)

Not sure about the cleaner or tea lady though..

In response to your paranoid question, I don't occupy any board seat at DGL, and I'm not the tea lady either.

nztx
29-05-2022, 02:38 PM
There was something disturbingly primal about his words about Lim and no doubt he has what some has described a god complex.

I'd be interested how his fellow director Denise Brotherton feels about his behaviour .... actually I feel sorry for her having to work with such a guy - hope she isn't the next to have her clothing, cleavage, and sensuality publicly discussed

Yes .. agree

nztx
29-05-2022, 02:40 PM
In response to your paranoid question, I don't occupy any board seat at DGL, and I'm not the tea lady either.

Must be the cleaner then :)

Azz
29-05-2022, 02:40 PM
Azz, have you properly reviewed what Simon Whimp did?

He cynically and in a calculative manner attempted to stoke his own ego by making sexist, racist and totally uncalled for & unjustifiable remarks about a director of another company.

When challenged, he went to ground. So he is a coward.

When the heat became too hot, he made out that he had apologised. He did not. So he is a liar.

When the company’s most important customer expressed disquiet, he finally fronted up behind DGL’s office manger’s skirt and made an ‘apology’ which was no apology for what he said. So he is double confirmed as a coward and a liar.

Now, which part of the above have I got wrong?

And the likes of you think it is okay to move on because he has done the right thing with his ‘apology’?

Don’t be so naive as an individual & as an investor.

Your constant - and anonymous - abuse of Simon Henry tells the forum more about you I think.

nztx
29-05-2022, 02:42 PM
You constant - and anonymous - abuse of Simon Henry tells the forum more about you I think.

Abuse ? really ? .. what planet are you on ? ;)

Azz
29-05-2022, 02:42 PM
Must be the cleaner then :)

Lol yeh that's the one! ​:)

nztx
29-05-2022, 02:44 PM
Lol yeh that's the one! ​:)

been trained well too ? :)

Azz
29-05-2022, 02:44 PM
Abuse ? really ? .. what planet are you on ? ;)

Balance called him a liar and a coward, just right now. I would say a coward is someone abusing another in such a manner - and hiding behind the name "Balance".

Azz
29-05-2022, 02:46 PM
been trained well too ? :)

So you add a smiley, not because it's in good humour, but so you can throw another punch, correct?

nztx
29-05-2022, 02:46 PM
You've called him a liar and a coward, just right now. I would say a coward is someone abusing another in such a manner - and hiding behind the name "Balance".

No I didn't - get your facts straight on who posted what ;)

Azz
29-05-2022, 02:48 PM
No I didn't - get your facts straight on who posted what ;)

Balance called him a liar and a coward, just right now. I would say a coward is someone abusing another in such a manner - and hiding behind the name "Balance".

nztx
29-05-2022, 02:48 PM
So you add a smiley, not because it's in good humour, but so you can throw another punch, correct?

New member .. posting in just this thread ,, Admin must be watching very intrigued :)

nztx
29-05-2022, 02:49 PM

That's not what you posted in #559 is it ?

Nor
29-05-2022, 02:50 PM
Might be history one day. Maybe? 🥴

Azz
29-05-2022, 02:52 PM
That's not what you posted in #559 is it ?

That's correct. You jumped in to a post I made to Balance. It's obvious who I'm talking to in regards to abuse - ie, not you.

Azz
29-05-2022, 02:54 PM
New member .. posting in just this thread ,, Admin must be watching very intrigued :)

Very intriguing is your paranoia.

nztx
29-05-2022, 02:55 PM
That's correct. You jumped in to a post I made to Balance. It's obvious who I'm talking to in regards to abuse - ie, not you.

Under is what you posted in #559:

You've called him a liar and a coward, just right now. I would say a coward is someone abusing another in such a manner - and hiding behind the name "Balance".

Suggest you addend that posting ASAP .. understand ? :)

Azz
29-05-2022, 02:56 PM
Under is what you posted in #559:

Suggest you addend that posting ASAP .. understand ? :)

I'll edit the post.

Azz
29-05-2022, 02:58 PM
I'll edit the post.

I've edited as per my intentions for the post.

Louloubell
29-05-2022, 04:48 PM
Fire needs oxygen. It is probably best if no further responses are made in relation to this topic. No oxygen equals no fire.

winner69
29-05-2022, 05:02 PM

Must be hard dealing with him with his controlling interest ….even docking a few bucks from his $600k plus salary wouldn’t hurt him

Nor
30-05-2022, 11:20 AM
Some posts have been censored? With no notification?

Azz
30-05-2022, 11:29 AM
Some posts have been censored? With no notification?

Looks like it. But let's get this thread back on track: to focus on the company and its financial performance and its potential.

Aaron
30-05-2022, 12:03 PM
At the risk of getting censored yet again and dragging on a non-issue I couldn't get past how Mark Quinlivian from Newshub framed his comments.

But another noteworthy name on the list was Henry, the founder and chief executive of specialty chemicals company DGL. He came under fire earlier this month for suggesting celebrity chef and My Food Bag co-founder Lim's looks were to blame for the company's disappointing entry into the public market.

"When you've got Nadia Lim, when you've got a little bit of Eurasian fluff in the middle of your prospectus with a blouse unbuttoned showing some cleavage… then you know you're in trouble," he told NBR.

That is what he said but my understanding he was pointing out that MFB sexed up their IPO offering and it has subsequently disappointed investors. Not that it was Nadia Lim's cleavage's fault it was overpriced, but that it was based on a lot of hype. Maybe he should have said overhyped instead of Eurasian Fluff.

I guess misrepresentation is part of the pile on once someone upsets the woke.

Although I still agree that what he said was not well put.

winner69
30-05-2022, 12:10 PM
$14m wiped of its market cap this morning

Azz
30-05-2022, 12:14 PM

Are you talking NZX or ASX?

newbieinvestor
30-05-2022, 12:14 PM
There you go ...

DGL Group Limited (DGL) – Delisting from the Main Board of NZX Limited and letter to NZXregistered shareholders

DGL Group Limited (DGL) – Delisting from the Main Board of NZX Limited and letter to NZXregistered shareholdersThe board of directors of DGL (Board) has resolved that DGL will delist from the Main Boardof NZX Limited (NZX), and move to a sole listing on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX).NZX Regulation Limited has approved the delisting,subject to DGL meeting certain customaryconditions.The trading of DGL shares on NZX will cease at the close of business on Tuesday, 28 June 2022.DGL shares quoted on NZX will be transferred to a quotation on ASX, and there will be no NZXtrading on Wednesday, 29 June 2022 and Thursday, 30 June 2022. DGL will be delisted fromNZX from the close of business on Thursday, 30 June 2022. The sole listing on the ASX willcommence at the opening of the next trading day on Friday, 1 July 2022.The reasons why DGL is delisting from NZX are:1. DGL anticipated, at the time of listing on NZX, that shareholder participation in NewZealand would be higher than what has transpired;2. the Board believe that offering a New Zealand based trading platform is of little or novalue to DGL or its shareholders; and3. that there is no benefit from continuing to remain listed on NZX, and accordingly, to streamline its administration and services that it offers to shareholdersand to reduce costs, DGL's shares will be delisted from NZX and are to remain listed forquotation on ASX only. As at 23 May 2022 there were 689 New Zealand registered shareholders, which represented12.98% of the total number of shareholders of DGL. The number of shares entered on DGL'sNew Zealand register of members, as at the same date, represented however only 2.38% ofthe total number of shares of DGL.Page 2 of 2DGL Group LtdLevel 4, 91 William StreetMelbourne, VIC 3000Melbourne, Australiae info@dglgroup.comShareholders who hold DGL shares listed for quotation on NZX will automatically have theirshares transferred to ASX quotation and no action is required from shareholders to facilitatethis process. New Zealand shareholders will still be able to trade DGL sharesthrough any NewZealand stockbroker who can facilitate trading through ASX, or through an Australianstockbroker.

Well DGC shares will only trade on NZX until Wednesday... See how the SP goes...

newbieinvestor
30-05-2022, 12:16 PM

Perhaps selling pressure? before DGC shares delists from NZX...

sb9
30-05-2022, 12:29 PM
Well DGC shares will only trade on NZX until Wednesday... See how the SP goes...

You may have forgot to notice the month, trades until almost end of June. Still a good month to go..

newbieinvestor
30-05-2022, 12:33 PM
You may have forgot to notice the month, trades until almost end of June. Still a good month to go..

Thanks sb9! yep my bad!

bottomfeeder
30-05-2022, 12:54 PM
Sense seems to prevail. Got my lot at 3.02. Price coming back.

percy
05-07-2022, 09:34 AM
DGL Group (DGL)
Specialty chemicals and logistics
company DGL Group (DGL) has had
a strong start to listed life. Since
prospectus forecasts were comfortably
beaten at its debut FY21 result, DGL
has deployed ~$75m of its balance
sheet into acquisitions, reaching
critical mass in crop protection, water
treatment and entrance into clean
energy transport markets.
We are constructive on the vertical
being developed across the back end
chemicals lifecycle – which includes
manufacturing, logistics and recycling
– as we think in terms of breadth DGL
is currently unrivalled by any TransTasman competitor. Looking into FY23e
we see a supportive seasonal outlook
that can continue to support strong
earnings momentum. In addition,
DGL has scope to benefit from further
network benefits of FY22 acquisitions
and a full 1H23e period of price
realisation in key ag-chemicals.
Buy, Price Target $3.50

sb9
05-07-2022, 11:22 AM
DGL Group (DGL)
Buy, Price Target $3.50

Thanks for this, do you know which outfit is the report from...

percy
05-07-2022, 12:04 PM
Thanks for this, do you know which outfit is the report from...

Livewire .
Bell Potter's top stockpicks for FY 23.

sb9
05-07-2022, 12:14 PM
Livewire .

Thanks for that. Definitely sp doing well over on ASX since ditching NZX last month.

Azz
06-07-2022, 12:27 PM
Thanks for that. Definitely sp doing well over on ASX since ditching NZX last month.

Yes, agree, ditching was the right thing to do.

sb9
07-07-2022, 03:57 PM
Another acquisition..

ASX RELEASE

7th July 2022

DGL Expands Manufacturing Capabilities with Acquisition of FlexichemAustralia Pty Ltd.

Melbourne, Australia - DGL Group Limited (ASX: DGL), (“DGL” or the “Company”), aspecialist chemicals business that manufactures, transports, stores and processeschemicals and hazardous waste, today announced the strategic acquisition ofFlexichem Australia Pty Ltd.

Situated in Adelaide South Australia, Flexichem specialises in complex silicone-basedmanufacturing targeted for water treatment, industrial and specialty productapplications for both domestic and export customers

The Flexichem acquisition gives DGL a strategic chemical manufacturing base inAdelaide with a strong technical base in chemical development and 1,200 tonnes ofadditional chemical manufacturing capacity.

Founder and CEO of DGL, Simon Henry, said: “The acquisition of Flexichem expandsour manufacturing capabilities into South Australia, adds talent and IP on siliconebased manufacturing into DGL, and also opens up new export markets”.

Flexichem will vertically integrate into DGL’s manufacturing operations and strengthenservice to DGL’s extensive customer base.

The acquisition price of $6.2M represented a valuation of 4.6 x FY21 normalisedEBITDA. Consideration is $4.65M in cash and $1.55M in DGL shares at a 5-day VWAPcalculated at the date of completion.

- ENDS -

Approved for release by the Board of DGL.

Azz
08-07-2022, 04:05 PM
Please note new thread name and location change to ASX! :-)

winner69
31-08-2022, 12:45 PM
getting a savaging in aus today on there not so good outlook statement

Profit huge in F22 but flat in F23 it seems

In FY22, because of strategically higher stock holdings, expanded capabilities, balance sheet strength and the Group’s execution, DGL achieved some opportunistic growth in earnings which is unlikely to be replicated to the same extent in FY23. In addition, inflationary cost pressures across the globe may also have an impact on the earnings growth, albeit the Group will look to respond accordingly. These impacts are expected to be offset by a full year’s contribution from the Group’s FY22 acquisitions and other organic growth projects. Therefore, the Group anticipates its earnings growth to flatten in FY23 as a result

percy
31-08-2022, 01:10 PM
PE should reduce from 80 to around 30.......
With no growth PE should be nearer 10.....[no sure whether above or below ]

winner69
31-08-2022, 01:14 PM
one comment operating cashflow conversion looks ordinary. flat profit outlook, inventory build with capex budget plus spending 16m on new acq with that cash balance - I sense a raise coming

Ricky-bobby
31-08-2022, 02:08 PM
Haven’t had a good read, but so far pretty disappointing…They are neither offering future growth or a divvy… where is the determined business focus gone?!

newbieinvestor
31-08-2022, 02:32 PM
25% down --- Will be interested to know what analyst like Bell Potter have to say after the result ..12 million shares traded....

Winner69 - you might be onto something there....

bull....
31-08-2022, 02:48 PM
i think winner be right

Opportunities to work with new and existing Trans-Tasman customers continue to present themselves. Some opportunities may require capital investment
• Strategy continues to be focused on growing organically and through acquisitions that provide strategic value to DGL

from there outlook statement

hope all these aquisitions pan out. doing so many so quick can lead to indigestion

newbieinvestor
31-08-2022, 04:35 PM
https://thethreadtimes.com/dgl-has-wonderful-culture-simon-henry-presents-review-findings

bull....
31-08-2022, 04:58 PM
better get that capital raising out quick sinking like a concrete box

percy
01-09-2022, 04:53 PM
Share Price $1.56
eps...10 cents
PE ratio 15.6.
Growth.?
Dividend Nil.

bull....
02-09-2022, 11:44 AM
Share Price $1.56
eps...10 cents
PE ratio 15.6.
Growth.?
Dividend Nil.

brought some near the low yesterday , hoping for a bounce today.

bet the aquadex person is not happy taking 6.3m of stock for there business :scared: they just lost a couple mil last 2 days by my rough calc's

percy
02-09-2022, 11:56 AM

bet the aquadex person is not happy taking 6.3m of stock for there business :scared: they just lost a couple mil last 2 days by my rough calc's

Hope you get your bounce.
I like DGL's business ,however when compared to ACF,I think ACF is a better long term hold for me.Their PE is 8.39,yield of 4.43% and have growth.

newbieinvestor
02-09-2022, 12:38 PM

Indeed ... the Aquadex people will regret not taking cash instead.. if there is a capital raise (?) wont acquired companies holding equity at premium suffer ?

bull....
02-09-2022, 01:19 PM
Indeed ... the Aquadex people will regret not taking cash instead.. if there is a capital raise (?) wont acquired companies holding equity at premium suffer ?

cap raise just speculation and yes guess they could unless arrangements were made to protect there sale outcome.

Ricky-bobby
02-09-2022, 02:43 PM
The last couple of days have been a blood bath for holders… not going to rebound in a hurry with the markets softening up… into bottom draw they go. Thanks for the ACF tip Percy 👍

bull....
05-09-2022, 11:50 AM
henry in afr on weekend

But Simon Henry said the market had “absolutely” overreacted after three horror trading sessions wiped $350 million from its market capitalisation.
“DGL has grown rapidly over the past year or two (https://www.afr.com/link/follow-20180101-p5a2ot) – our profits have grown by 130 per cent per year,” Mr Henry told The Australian Financial Review.
“So, I wanted investors to understand that we will continue to grow strongly, but not at that rate.”

clarifying his comments

https://www.afr.com/markets/equity-markets/dgl-group-ceo-defiant-after-market-rout-20220902-p5beup

newbieinvestor
05-09-2022, 12:52 PM
non paywalled afr article...
https://the-news-page.com/dgl-group-ceo-simon-henry-defiant-in-the-face-of-market-rout/

newbieinvestor
05-09-2022, 02:28 PM
Simon buying from the open market click here (https://www.dglinvestors.com//investor-centre/?page=asx-announcements) .
https://www.dglinvestors.com/DownloadFile.axd?file=/Report/ComNews/20220905/02564033.pdf

baaantom
05-09-2022, 06:28 PM
Yeah, certainly oversold since the earnings release. If you want to announce slower growth in the current tape, you better be careful.
Definitely a company to watch. Significant growth opportunities, and no other company in the chemicals space developing a vertically integrated business model. https://www.bayleycapital.com/dangerous-goods-logistics-a-chance-to-monopolise-a-40b-industry/

Disclaimer: Long DGL

Balance
05-09-2022, 10:31 PM
DGL Group (DGL)
Buy, Price Target $3.50

Bell Potter maintain their Buy rating on DGL Group (ASX:DGL).

The company published its FY22 results: Underlying EBITDA was up 59% year-over-year, in-line with Bell Potter’s estimates.

Factoring in their expectations for FY23, the broker has lowered their price target from $3.50 to $2.15.

Balance
05-09-2022, 11:20 PM
And that’s how we like it.

The likes of Simon Whimp are welcome to pxss off to Australia or any other country which loves his kind.

Just like Eric Watson & Ron Brierley were welcome to fxxk off overseas.

Up yours, Simon & his kind.

You can take the peasant out of the village but you cannot take the village out of the peasant as they say.

First downgrade in Oz.

Two more at least to follow.

percy
06-09-2022, 07:47 AM
DGL's current PE ratio is 14.85 based on eps of 10 cents per share.
Market Screener have their 2023 eps rising to 12 cents per share,a 20% increase.
Therefore their PEG [PE divided by Grrowth ] is well under one at .7175.
Sort of interesting.?

Balance
06-09-2022, 08:00 AM
The smart money got out when Simon Whimp showed his true colours a few months back over Nadia & MFB.

Big red flag then and the downgrade is yet another huge red flag.

newbieinvestor
06-09-2022, 09:11 AM
Yeah, certainly oversold since the earnings release. If you want to announce slower growth in the current tape, you better be careful.
Definitely a company to watch. Significant growth opportunities, and no other company in the chemicals space developing a vertically integrated business model. https://www.bayleycapital.com/dangerous-goods-logistics-a-chance-to-monopolise-a-40b-industry/

Thanks for sharing the interesting article...

Balance
06-09-2022, 09:17 AM

Bayleycapital - Long and wrong.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/resizer/7g84ttXm8ib511mTiosJOLLv_rc=/1440x2160/smart/filters:quality(70)/cloudfront-ap-southeast-2.images.arcpublishing.com/nzme/43NMCNMWTMJMSL7JFFVLB45CRY.jpg[/IMG]

Balance
06-09-2022, 09:39 AM
Story is over - high PER funding acquisitions to drive growth will now work in reverse.

Smart money got out when Simon Whimp revealed himself over Nadia & her cleavage, less smart money getting out with the downgrade.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One hedge fund that did not have a short position heading into the profit result described it as “all the worst parts of the Bible; a result that showed they were over-earning, soft guidance and horrific cash flow”.

“Stories such as DGL are self-reinforcing until they’re not,” the trader said. “It works like this; a high share price means cheap equity means more acquisitions means a high share price. Unfortunately, this also works in reverse.

“The magnitude of the share price falls this week means the roll up story is over.”

Nor
06-09-2022, 09:51 AM
DGL's current PE ratio is 14.85 based on eps of 10 cents per share.
Market Screener have their 2023 eps rising to 12 cents per share,a 20% increase.
Therefore their PEG [PE divided by Grrowth ] is well under one at .7175.
Sort of interesting.?

Implies sp of 2.00 to be neither undervalued not overvalued.
As that gives PE 20 and PEG 1.0

Balance
06-09-2022, 10:42 AM
Milford Asset Management - one of the country's largest investment managers - has offloaded its shares in DGL Group.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/nadia-lim-controversy-milford-offloads-shares/6RC7LTTW6GWSTE2TTQICKNXO4U/

Great move by Milford to get out then. 👍

percy
06-09-2022, 10:49 AM
Great move by Milford to get out then. ��

Stale old news from.19th May.

Balance
06-09-2022, 11:01 AM
Stale old news from.19th May.

Only stale to those who blindly followed Simon Whimp instead of Milford and are still holding DGL from then.

Ouch! 🤪

Ricky-bobby
06-09-2022, 07:56 PM
Balance come on. Am interested in what people have to say re DGL, u will scare them off!

newbieinvestor
06-09-2022, 09:18 PM
The last couple of days have been a blood bath for holders… not going to rebound in a hurry with the markets softening up… into bottom draw they go. Thanks for the ACF tip Percy 👍

- Think you have summed up the situation aptly as above! ^^

Balance come on. Am interested in what people have to say re DGL, u will scare them off!

- I was reading an interesting comment in another forum ...

https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/dgl-price-action.6105277/?post_id=63540111

Balance
07-09-2022, 09:14 AM

Actually, now is the time for the true believers to stand up and stand out in support of Simon Whimp and DGL.

bull....
07-09-2022, 04:21 PM
finally got our bounce :)

Ricky-bobby
07-09-2022, 07:54 PM
About bloody time!!

percy
07-09-2022, 08:08 PM
Maybe Milford buying.?............lol.

newbieinvestor
07-09-2022, 08:27 PM
A broker came out with DGL stock as a Moderate Buy and average DGL Group price target (https://www.tipranks.com/stocks/au:dgl/forecast) of $3.23.

Balance
07-09-2022, 09:35 PM
Opportunity for those stuck in there with Simon Whimp to get out at a better price.

Nadia sends her best regards.

Recaster
07-09-2022, 10:07 PM
A basic look at this company's accounts:

https://recastinvestor.substack.com/p/basic-analysis-dgl-group-dglasx

newbieinvestor
08-09-2022, 03:53 PM
https://www.reuters.com/markets/europe/german-adblue-maker-running-out-stock-after-production-halt-2022-09-07/

newbieinvestor
13-09-2022, 04:11 PM
https://youtu.be/C8h1PcWOHxM

newbieinvestor
14-09-2022, 02:53 PM
Glenmore Asset Management portfolio manager Robert Gregory, in a memo to clients, lamented the reporting season performance of two of his stocks. First was industrial chemicals provider DGL Group Ltd (ASX: DGL (https://www.fool.com.au/tickers/asx-dgl/)). “DGL Group fell 26.1% in the month,” he said.“DGL’s FY22 result was solid, with NPAT (https://www.fool.com.au/definitions/npat/) of $33.6 million (up +197% vs FY21 NPAT) being in line with guidance given in April. However, commentary from the company around FY23 guidance for earnings growth to ‘flatten’ spooked investors,” Gregory said. The market was specifically worried about comments regarding how the company had earned more than it should have because of one-off opportunities that would not repeat in the next financial year. “In addition, operating cash flow (https://www.fool.com.au/definitions/cash-flow/) was weak, which DGL said was due to earlier than normal inventory purchases.” Despite this, Gregory feels like the market overreacted.“Whilst the FY23 guidance was clearly worse than expected, we have maintained our position in DGL given our view the post result sell-off has been overly excessive.” The DGL share price almost halved in just one week at the end of last month but has since recovered slightly to be 39.4% down year to date.

Balance
19-09-2022, 05:45 PM
Opportunity for those stuck in there with Simon Whimp to get out at a better price.

Nadia sends her best regards.

Sp down down again.

2 more profit downgrades to come?

Balance
20-09-2022, 06:33 PM
Sp heading down to test recent low after the earnings downgrade.

Best get out before the next profit downgrade!

Ouch’s ouch for Simon Whimp believers.

Ricky-bobby
15-11-2022, 03:24 PM
http://research.iress.com.au/IDS/old/20221115/02598140.pdf?uid=CDB42F039DE79A7A05F9D35CF98F7E7A9 F63000025CA19D435EAE540093D250091850000&ppv= Market seems happy with outlook number…. $70-72 million EBITDA.

winner69
15-11-2022, 03:39 PM
http://research.iress.com.au/IDS/old/20221115/02598140.pdf?uid=CDB42F039DE79A7A05F9D35CF98F7E7A9 F63000025CA19D435EAE540093D250091850000&ppv= Market seems happy with outlook number…. $70-72 million EBITDA.

Last year F22 ebitda was 65,6m ....os guidance F23 70m-72m quite good

Lot better than that statement 'The Group anticipates its earnings growth to flatten in FY23' that sent share price into free fall

At least it's earnings growth now

Aaron
28-11-2022, 10:29 AM
Not company related, just an interesting article about Simon Henry now the outrage has subsided.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/simon-henry-the-dgl-rich-lister-boss-who-called-nadia-lim-a-little-bit-of-eurasian-fluff/XNFBME5KUJFZTJC6E45SPK5LHI/

Still haven't seen the outrage from the public with MFB going from $1.85 to .45cents. Started in a down trend and has not stopped since listing.

His brother Bernard Whimp was definitely a grade A piece of s*it. Making money off dumb/naive investors with his low ball offers, worse than the people who brought MFB to market anyway. Hard to know perhaps the promoters of and investors in MFB genuinely thought the company was a winner rather than a case of slick marketing.

percy
23-12-2022, 09:48 AM
Bell Potter 2023 picks:

DGL Group (DGL)
We continue to remain constructive
on the vertical that DGL Group (DGL)
is developing across the back end
– as we think in terms of breadth, DGL
is unrivalled by any Trans-Tasman
competitor.
In our view, improved earnings visibility
and FY23e cash flow targets provided
by management at the company AGM
are both potential re-rate catalysts
for DGL, with the current pull-back in
share price an opportunity for investors
to buy a founder-led business that has
a potential multi-year growth horizon
through industry consolidation. DGL
is currently priced on a forward EV/
EBITDA of ~9x with >$150m in debt
headroom and property recycling
optionality for further acquisitions.
Buy, Price Target au $2.25

Grumble
31-03-2023, 11:46 AM
Has anyone got detailed analysis on DGL.

Steady profits, growing sales, flattened NPAT but potential to grow, low debt, good OCF; partly offset by cost pressures seen in H1 23 results.

I get 2021 everything was inflated but $8.30 seems like pretty good value. What am I missing?

Grumble
31-03-2023, 11:50 AM
^sorry ignore I have put a post on the NZX dgl thread

winner69
15-05-2023, 05:29 PM
Hadn’t looked for a while but saw share price in 120s

Was over 4 bucks not that long ago

What’s going on …or gone on?

Ricky-bobby
15-05-2023, 07:34 PM
It’s painful to watch winner… I’m guessing it’s acquisitions selling out of their shares after escrow period finishes. just no one on the buy side…

Lego_Man
16-05-2023, 12:33 PM
I'm accumulating here. The perfect storm - tax year end selling starting to ramp up, share sales from acquirees, and the general hangover from "Fluff-gate" putting a real lid on demand from fundies. Those with a long term view should be rewarded for picking up stock in the next few months.

Lego_Man
16-05-2023, 12:50 PM
I would also note that paying for acquisitions with your own overvalued stock (rather than cash) is actually a great outcome for shareholders.

nztx
16-05-2023, 10:46 PM
Certainly looks like it's been whiplashed since 6 March 2023

What's happened since ? ;)

Balance
17-05-2023, 06:29 PM

One fool advising another fool.

Sp then was $2.88 - now $1.28.

Pegasus2000
02-06-2023, 10:46 AM
Anyone can shield a light of 'Simon Henry’s $18m margin loan'? Thanks.

Rawz
07-06-2023, 07:42 AM
Every half since listing DGL have grown revenue, EBITDA and profits.

Balance sheet is all good from what I can see with EBITDA to net debt ratio close to 1x.

The strategy to continue acquiring smaller companies in the industry + organic growth should yield strong yoy growth going forward, yet this trades on a forward looking under 10 P/E?

What am I missing here? Looks cheap as chips.. can’t just be these previously acquired business owners selling down, something else battering the SP?

Ricky-bobby
07-06-2023, 07:54 AM
It’s a wait and see I guess… I have topped up a bit more, but think I’m done for now.

Balance
07-06-2023, 08:09 AM
Simon Whimp’s eyes have been on other things? Like Nadia’s cleavage?

Think about it seriously - if he thinks she has cleavage worth noting (she does not imo), he has no idea what he is talking about in anything.

blackcap
07-06-2023, 08:17 AM

Think about it seriously - if he thinks she has cleavage worth noting (she does not imo), he has no idea what he is talking about in anything.

Maybe he is into smaller ones. Its quite possible. Not all dudes like big ones...

Balance
07-06-2023, 08:21 AM

Then there’s the 21 year old intern (he was 52 then) - another Eurasian who reported him to the police for harassment etc.

Starting to get the picture?

Rawz
07-06-2023, 08:23 AM

Yes I have thought through this saga and whether or not Simon is of bad character and if yes would this mean there is a toxic work environment or bad culture at DGL and would this be detrimental to shareholder returns…?

I concluded no. I have also assumed it was a learning for Simon and possibly going forward it’s better for the long run him having these learnings.

I don’t hold and am wary of catching a falling knife

Balance
07-06-2023, 09:01 AM
Yes I have thought through this saga and whether or not Simon is of bad character and if yes would this mean there is a toxic work environment or bad culture at DGL and would this be detrimental to shareholder returns…?

I concluded no. I have also assumed it was a learning for Simon and possibly going forward it’s better for the long run him having these learnings.

I don’t hold and am wary of catching a falling knife

Once is a mistake. Twice is deliberate and shows that there is no learning.

Rawz
07-06-2023, 10:33 PM
Another big down day.

Lower lows lowers highs
SP below the 50d below the 100d below the 200d….

Keen to buy but it’s in a big downtrend

Rawz
11-06-2023, 09:43 AM
There must be something wrong with this company. Can’t just be previous owners that got script now selling. Market telling us something else.

Market doesn’t believe the acquisitions can be efficiently absorbed into the group

winner69
11-06-2023, 12:27 PM
There must be something wrong with this company. Can’t just be previous owners that got script now selling. Market telling us something else.

Market doesn’t believe the acquisitions can be efficiently absorbed into the group

Everything heading in right direction with DGL ……except the share price eh Rawz

nztx
11-06-2023, 06:41 PM
Everything heading in right direction with DGL ……except the share price eh Rawz

Has someone annoyed & ruffled the feathers of an Aussie Bag somewhere ? ;)

Balance
12-06-2023, 07:38 AM
Something is not quite right with the multiple of 2.2X EBITDA. From DGL's perspective, a cheap way to acquire new customers for a relatively small cost - provided there's not big gotcha's!

Says it all.

Why would the big boys not acquire such a business at such a cheap multiple?

Rawz
12-06-2023, 11:58 AM
Says it all.

Why would the big boys not acquire such a business at such a cheap multiple?

That acquisition of $3.5m is not worth the time for the big boys.

However the low multiple..... its funny because DGL is now being valued on the type of multiples they paid for all these other companies. Maybe 3-4x ebitda is a fair multiple for this type of business??

Balance
12-06-2023, 02:49 PM

However the low multiple..... its funny because DGL is now being valued on the type of multiples they paid for all these other companies. Maybe 3-4x ebitda is a fair multiple for this type of business??

Me thinkth you have hit the nail on the head.

percy
12-06-2023, 04:26 PM

May pay to read sharguy's post on the other side,and note target prices..

Balance
12-06-2023, 05:34 PM

Read the postings from a year ago on how the delisting to Oz was going to lead to Mainfreight type re-rating ... fascinating insight into the minds of the supporters of Simon Whimp!

Anyway, all good .... anyone can see the cleavage that Simon Whimp raved about?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/resizer/FEx9dWBFAxBG0TPhZbs-4cRwKdw=/1440x1920/smart/filters:quality(70)/cloudfront-ap-southeast-2.images.arcpublishing.com/nzme/G2BJR373XCZA6EC6J2IC46HMK4.jpg

Rawz
12-06-2023, 06:40 PM
Thanks. Interesting..

researching DGL has introduced me to the FCF conversion topic. I’ve previously never seen it discussed on any forum for any stock (maybe it’s never been an issue). I remember reading it in the HY report and thinking that I hadn’t seen it presented before..?

Obviously the instos have got all worked up about it.

Anyways, seems regarding this point DGL are working on it to earn some love back from the big boys.

winner69
12-06-2023, 06:45 PM
Thanks. Interesting..

researching DGL has introduced me to the FCF conversion topic. I’ve previously never seen it discussed on any forum for any stock (maybe it’s never been an issue). I remember reading it in the HY report and thinking that I hadn’t seen it presented before..?

Obviously the instos have got all worked up about it.

Anyways, seems regarding this point DGL are working on it to earn some love back from the big boys.

FPH are sometimes pretty keen on cash conversion as well

Good topic to get an understanding off rawz.

Rawz
12-06-2023, 08:08 PM
FPH are sometimes pretty keen on cash conversion as well

Good topic to get an understanding of rawz.

Would you typically calculate this ratio on the stocks you follow?

I’m wary of analysis paralysis..

For anyone interested in getting an understanding here is a good start:

https://www.wallstreetprep.com/knowledge/free-cash-flow-conversion-rate-fcf/#:~:text=How%20to%20Interpret%20FCF%20Conversion,i ndicates%20efficient%20working%20capital%20managem ent.

winner69
13-06-2023, 08:15 AM
Would you typically calculate this ratio on the stocks you follow?

I’m wary of analysis paralysis..

For anyone interested in getting an understanding here is a good start:

https://www.wallstreetprep.com/knowledge/free-cash-flow-conversion-rate-fcf/#:~:text=How%20to%20Interpret%20FCF%20Conversion,i ndicates%20efficient%20working%20capital%20managem ent.

Generally have a look at it at results time ….a good efficiency metric, esp how well managing working capital….. after all cash is king eh rawz

Good message DGL sending out by talking about cash conversion.

Balance
13-06-2023, 09:45 AM
Livewire .

Bell Porter must be feeling sick with two of their top picks for 2023, being PEB & DGL!

Should have heeded the warning when Simon Whimp thought Nadia has cleavage!

https://publish.purewow.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2021/01/lulalu-ava-wireless-push-up-bra-with-mesh-lace-best-bras-for-small-breasts.png?fit=728%2C524

thegreatestben
13-06-2023, 10:17 AM
Yo can you be mindful of posting pics like that - NSFW!

Rawz
13-06-2023, 12:05 PM
The only person interested in Nadia's cleavage is Balance by how much he keeps posting about it. whats up with the photos as well?? lol. settle down

Lego_Man
13-06-2023, 12:15 PM
Yo can you be mindful of posting pics like that - NSFW!

HR breathing down your neck. Some men prefer petite anyway.

Locker room talk...

Nor
13-06-2023, 07:08 PM
The only person interested in Nadia's cleavage is Balance by how much he keeps posting about it. whats up with the photos as well?? lol. settle down

Unbalanced.

Balance
14-06-2023, 01:27 PM
Unbalanced.

Still smarting over your losses?

Should have sold when Simon Whimp waved all the red flags at you a year ago.

winner69
15-06-2023, 01:49 PM
Massive profit downgrade today

Taken them long enough to come out with the bad news .....end of year weeks away. Damage to margins just didn't happen overnight

First half sales and ebitda up on pcp ..second half sales up but ebitda down heaps on

Full year sales up about $100m on pcp but ebitda about the same.

From all the positive rhetoric from the company over the last year or so you'd think they would doing much better than this ...could say full year a bit of a disaster.

They have a credibility problem now.

stoploss
15-06-2023, 01:49 PM
Massive profit downgrade today

Taken them long enough to come out with the bad news .....end of year weeks away. Damage to margins just didn't happen overnight

First half sales and ebitda up on pcp ..second half sales up but ebitda down heaps on

Full year sales up about $100m on pcp but ebitda about the same.

From all the positive rhetoric from the company over the last year or so you'd think they would doing much better than this ...could say full year a bit of a disaster.

They have a credibility problem now.
Had a "credibility problem " for a while ......

winner69
15-06-2023, 01:59 PM
When F22 result was announced they came out and said Therefore, the Group anticipates its earnings growth to flatten in FY23

Share price collapsed from $2.80 to about $1.40 on that but they then came out and said the market misunderstood them and came out with some guidances showing growth

F23 is going to be flat ….maybe even declining profits …..so he was right back last August.

Balance
15-06-2023, 03:03 PM
Downgrades come in 3s so at least one more to go?

Being DGL, most likely several more to go.

Repeat after me : “Cheap things not good, good things not cheap.”

Simon’s margin loan needs topping up again?

Rawz
15-06-2023, 03:27 PM
Holy smokes i was so close to investing. If I wasnt so busy at the national fieldays probably would have been this week.

W69, you are so right. Should have stayed with the original flat guidance. Now the credibility is shot.

Cant wait to read the HC thread later tonight lol. Lots of fans of DGL over there.

Rawz
15-06-2023, 04:30 PM

Post this the other day. Market was telling us something after all.... mr market always right aye

So today trading 4.2x ebitda.

Balance
15-06-2023, 06:16 PM
So since Simon Whimp made his Nadia Lim comment on 3 May 2022, DGL's sp is down 71%.

Mel
16-06-2023, 08:17 AM
So since Simon Whimp made his Nadia Lim comment on 3 May 2022, DGL's sp is down 71%.
Down 17% y'day to $0.96 - carnage....gotta be a buy at some point, let's see where the floor is.

Ricky-bobby
16-06-2023, 09:08 AM
Ha! Been a bit nervous about this one… it comes in 3’s so buckle up and see what I happens I guess. It’s going to be a looonnnggg hold…

Rawz
16-06-2023, 12:54 PM
More selling on the open. Down 4% Cant see much support coming until it gets realllllly cheap. Havnt decided in my mind what that would be.

Could just wait for a TA signal. 50day going above the 200day is a good one?

Mel
16-06-2023, 04:28 PM
More selling on the open. Down 4% Cant see much support coming until it gets realllllly cheap. Havnt decided in my mind what that would be.

Now down 11% as I type!

winner69
16-06-2023, 04:38 PM

Might take a while to get near 200 day and something that long could mean you miss a big chunk of the inevitable recovery

nztx
16-06-2023, 05:26 PM
Might take a while to get near 200 day and something that long could mean you miss a big chunk of the inevitable recovery

Perhaps the Boss needs to make a change for next company promotion .. how about Liz Hurley instead ? ;)

Things could bounce in a hurry ..

Baa_Baa
16-06-2023, 05:48 PM

That EMA crossover would definitely miss out on a lot of gains, far too slow. Wouldn't even look at it until the short EMA's changed course, like 9/21 (currently tracking under both of them). Recovery however, is far from "inevitable", possible, but sometimes these things take a lot longer that even patient investors are prepared to wait.

Balance
16-06-2023, 06:26 PM
The carnage continues.

Sp down to close at another ATL of 83 cents on 3.5m shares.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRn9H9uVfc6LAD3YH8zt6yAsFqGKF5pz _FBms_8CloA&s

stoploss
16-06-2023, 06:56 PM
Maybe it’s the sort of deep value his brother would be interested in .
https://chancevoight.com/

blackcap
16-06-2023, 07:25 PM

hahaha that is classic. I remember Bernard from back in the 90's with his low ball offers. I wonder how he got the two "references" singing his praises as CEO?

That said, the following link is for the journalist that did one of the references. https://www.freelanced.com/freelancers/about.aspx?freelancerid=58803

Balance
16-06-2023, 07:25 PM

He should have shorted the stock at $3.00 - sure was a one way bet to success!

“From time to time the share market offers you a one-way bet to success. At Chance Voight it's our job to know when that bet's available and when to take it.”

Bernard Whimp - Chance Voight CEO

blackcap
16-06-2023, 07:26 PM
He should have shorted the stock at $3.00 - sure was a one way bet to success!

“From time to time the share market offers you a one-way bet to success. At Chance Voight it's our job to know when that bet's available and when to take it.”

Bernard Whimp - Chance Voight CEO

Who is to say that he hasn't?

Baa_Baa
16-06-2023, 07:47 PM
Who is to say that he hasn't?

Short the stock and then destroy the company, ASIC might have a view that.

Balance
17-06-2023, 10:50 AM
The carnage continues.

Sp down to close at another ATL of 83 cents on 3.5m shares.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRn9H9uVfc6LAD3YH8zt6yAsFqGKF5pz _FBms_8CloA&s

So here's why the sp is getting slammed and finding little support :

EBITDA

H2 2022 $32.7m
H2 2023 $25.3m (based on trading update of $65m for full year)

Definitely no longer a growth stock and only the second earnings downgrade.

The smart ones got out when Simon Whimp waved the BIG RED FLAG with his uncouth and unhinged Nadia Lim comments.

Rawz
17-06-2023, 10:59 AM
Why do DGL even report EBITDA anyway. Depreciation is such an important expense consideration for DGL. All the trucks and equipment in the factories… also the Interest is material with the way rates are going up. These are REAL expenses!!

All this cash conversion crap as well. Why don’t they report profit and FCF.

These are red flags?

winner69
17-06-2023, 04:53 PM
Market cap not that long ago over A$1 billion

Now only about $250m

Suppose never really was a billion dollar company

Balance
18-06-2023, 10:15 AM
Market cap not that long ago over A$1 billion

Now only about $250m

Suppose never really was a billion dollar company

Be interesting to know how much leverage (borrowings) Simon has against his DGL shares. Very painful if he had to keep topping up and at a point in time, will have to sell assets to raise cash to top up?

He must be wishing he kept his powder dry rather than bought shares on the way down :

https://www.fool.com.au/2022/09/08/dgl-share-price-jumps-20-in-2-days-after-founder-fills-his-boots/

Looks like a few followed his lead and must now be wondering what possessed them?

winner69
18-06-2023, 10:30 AM
Be interesting to know how much leverage (borrowings) Simon has against his DGL shares. Very painful if he had to keep topping up and at a point in time, will have to sell assets to raise cash to top up?

He must be wishing he kept his powder dry rather than bought shares on the way down :

https://www.fool.com.au/2022/09/08/dgl-share-price-jumps-20-in-2-days-after-founder-fills-his-boots/

Looks like a few followed his lead and must now be wondering what possessed them?

No worries mate ….Simon can afford it ….he’s on the NBR rich list you know

winner69
18-06-2023, 10:36 AM

There was bit in the NBR a few weeks ago -

Still, NBR keeps a close eye on DGL and an ASX notice about an amendment to its securities trading policy jumped out. Basically, the change lets certain people at the company enter margin loan arrangements with it, on approval by the board. It’s already approved one, being a whopping $18 million to Henry, secured against his shareholding in DGL. The purpose? To refinance part of his property loans more efficiently. “Given the current challenging market conditions, including the rise in interest rates, the Board deems it reasonable to provide Individuals with the option to utilise margin loan arrangements,” the ASX notice said

Balance
18-06-2023, 10:40 AM
There was bit in the NBR a few weeks ago -

Still, NBR keeps a close eye on DGL and an ASX notice about an amendment to its securities trading policy jumped out. Basically, the change lets certain people at the company enter margin loan arrangements with it, on approval by the board. It’s already approved one, being a whopping $18 million to Henry, secured against his shareholding in DGL. The purpose? To refinance part of his property loans more efficiently. “Given the current challenging market conditions, including the rise in interest rates, the Board deems it reasonable to provide Individuals with the option to utilise margin loan arrangements,” the ASX notice said

We know how margin loans can be so disastrous to borrowers when share prices drop precipitously - usually inducing a vicious downward spiral.

Then there are all the shares in escrow which are probably finding their way into the market, causing even more pressure.

Rawz
19-06-2023, 01:55 PM
Gee more SP pain today. Scary actually. People want out and at any price it seems

Balance
19-06-2023, 04:10 PM
No worries mate ….Simon can afford it ….he’s on the NBR rich list you know

He WAS on the rich list?

winner69
19-06-2023, 04:21 PM
He WAS on the rich list?

Has he moved to Australia yet …permanently

Balance
19-06-2023, 04:24 PM
Has he moved to Australia yet …permanently

He still has a residence in NZ according to share register information.

Balance
19-06-2023, 06:50 PM
But wait, there are still believers* out there :

https://arichlife.com.au/are-dgl-group-shares-too-cheap-asx-dgl/

"I own DGL Group shares because it is a growing company that is reasonably priced with high barriers to entry due to regulations around manufacturing, storing, and transporting dangerous chemicals. DGL is focused on and will benefit from a growing need for environmental solutions.

Poor sentiment has driven the DGL Group share price down too low in my opinion for a company growing organically and through acquisitions,that is currently trading on a P/E of around 12.5, on trailing earnings. Coupled with the fact that chemicals are necessary for many businesses, DGL is better placed than many in other sectors to increase prices to keep up with rises in input costs in this current period of higher inflation."

* - 23 May 2023 - sp was $1.30 so another 40% down!

Rawz
20-06-2023, 12:35 PM
If you back out the director valuations on the land and buildings (see note 9 in half year report) which might be a good idea.. not only because the property market is down but also because of Simon's questionable character and recent downgrade leading to loss of confidence in the people running the company (i.e. how can we trust these additional valuations put on top of external valuations by the directors)

After backing out these hocus pocus add on valuations, intangibles and right of use assets/liabilities I get a NTA of $156million and divided by a weighted avg no. of shares 281m I get a NTA per share of $0.56.

Based on this and high potential for another downgrade i will sit on the sidelines until we get closer to this value.

Fair call?

bull....
21-06-2023, 06:24 AM
yep i took a punt position

Balance
21-06-2023, 05:58 PM
Another ATL - not finding support.

Starting to smell badly.

Simon left his MFB delivery too many days in the car?

nztx
21-06-2023, 11:30 PM
Another ATL - not finding support.

Starting to smell badly.

Simon left his MFB delivery too many days in the car?

Perhaps choice of a bigger bird in a different food store might have been more prudent :)

Balance
22-06-2023, 05:27 PM

Another day and another ATL!

You doubling up, bull ....?

https://www.m2woman.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Nadia-Lim-1024x576-1200x600.jpg

NZSilver
22-06-2023, 07:26 PM
Surely there has to be some value here as the market cap gets this low, has anyone done any work the are willing to share?

blackcap
22-06-2023, 08:15 PM
Surely there has to be some value here as the market cap gets this low, has anyone done any work the are willing to share?

No work, but took a nibble yesterday. I think there may be a bit of tax selling going on too.... (affects some Australian stocks). How low can it go?

Rawz
23-06-2023, 09:50 AM
Just cant help but feel based on the selling and decent volume that funds or previously acquired company owners want out.... and the selling pressure is going to be so much that this is going to get very very cheap. Like when you hear of deals of the century famous investors tell.. they buy a company for less than the value of the cash on the balance sheet type stuff.

Imagine being an owner of one of these companies that was acquired, pouring your life into the company and at sale time taking DGL script. Now you are slowly seeing your nest egg disappear. You would probably want out too as soon as the escrow is up..

Simon holds 50% of the company so these other holders hold decent portion of what can be sold.
Simon also has this messy margin loan on his holding. who knows maybe he even becomes a forced seller if it keeps going down....?

Possibly one more downgrade to come.. its in super downtrend. Nothing to like here. red alarm bells are ringing stay out stay out lol

The Rawz NTA is 56cents.. thats safe entry point number 1 i reckon.

NZSilver
23-06-2023, 10:12 AM
Thanks Rawz, makes for interesting watching when you don't own any, Indo feel sorry for holders as I have had stocks dive in the past and it's not nice. I'm going to sit sideline, but I suspect there will be people starting to look at this and they will be thinking its getting interesting from a value perspective. There's still decent assets and and profitable business behind the share price, but the trend is certainly not your friend. I did transfer some funds into my broking account this morning though, but it will be only a small dabble for me if I do but as plenty could go wrong with sentiment/the issues you talk about above. Takeover is something that is also unlikely here with Simon holding a majority.

Balance
23-06-2023, 11:48 AM
No work, but took a nibble yesterday. I think there may be a bit of tax selling going on too.... (affects some Australian stocks). How low can it go?

Tax selling - good point.

Thanks for reminder of the annual 30 June Oz tax selling.

cyclist
23-06-2023, 01:55 PM
Simon also has this messy margin loan on his holding. who knows maybe he even becomes a forced seller if it keeps going down....?

Gotta wonder if someone is executing a deliberate strategy to create that exact situation. Then pick up the pieces for peanuts perhaps.

Balance
24-06-2023, 01:13 PM
66 cents - down 43% in 10 days with no bottom in sight.

I am actually starting to feel sorry for Simon but have no sympathies whatsoever for the posters here who were vocal in their support of his uncouth and repugnant behaviour. Serves you bloody well right if you are dumb enough to be still holding DGL shares.

winner69
24-06-2023, 04:05 PM
Yep ….not many would ever have thought 66 cents was a possibility

All because market has lost faith in management and doesn’t trust them anymore …..all from management behaviour and hoe they’ve handled guidance etc etc

That’s hard to overcome …..DGL will be seen in bad light for a long time ……and share price will be remain suppressed

Balance
25-06-2023, 10:39 AM
Yep ….not many would ever have thought 66 cents was a possibility

All because market has lost faith in management and doesn’t trust them anymore …..all from management behaviour and hoe they’ve handled guidance etc etc

That’s hard to overcome …..DGL will be seen in bad light for a long time ……and share price will be remain suppressed

Meanwhile, DGL’s margin loan to Simon is looking decidedly like a bad lending decision.

Not something that any self-respecting company & business with truly independent directors imo would do - use a company’s balance sheet to raise debt to on lend to its executives to ‘offset’ high personal interest rates vs that of the company.

Note that DGL had cash of $24m and $104m debt (net debt - $80m) at end of 2022 (were $25m cash and $69m debt in 2021 - net debt $44m) - so net debt would be up again by trhe margin loan to Simon.

NZSilver
26-06-2023, 01:59 PM
Can someone explain the details around the margin loan and when it occured - I have seen it mentioned but can find the details

Rawz
26-06-2023, 05:45 PM
I couldn’t find it originally then googled DGL margin loan and found a link back through their website. They hid it in a securities announcement of sorts…

Here is the main bit:

Disclosure of Margin Loan arrangement
In line with the updated Policy, the Board has approved the entry into a margin loan arrangement (Arrangement) by its CEO, Mr. Simon Henry in order to refinance part of his property loans more efficiently.
The Arrangement is for the amount of $NZ18,000,000, which is secured by Mr. Simon Henry's1 shareholding in DGL.
In case of a margin call, Mr. Simon Henry may meet the call by any of reducing the margin loan balance, providing additional security or selling shares.

Rawz
26-06-2023, 05:46 PM
https://www.dglinvestors.com/DownloadFile.axd?file=/Report/ComNews/20230601/02671960.pdf

NZSilver
26-06-2023, 06:42 PM
thanks Rawz

Rawz
26-06-2023, 09:09 PM
Simon Henrys holding worth say $98m so at $18m loan he is safe as houses from a margin call one would think. Even if SP halved again he would be fine

Balance
27-06-2023, 08:25 AM
Simon Henrys holding worth say $98m so at $18m loan he is safe as houses from a margin call one would think. Even if SP halved again he would be fine

You are making a huge assumption that he has not used his DGL shares as collateral for other personal loans.

It is highly unusual imo for any public listed company to extend a loan (using debt off its own balance sheet) to its CEO/MD to refinance his personal debts using the company’s shares as security.

Remember how Simon on a few occasions in the last 2 years entered the market and bought DGL shares to demonstrate his confidence in the company? Where did he get the money from to buy those shares?

So in effect, we now have a situation where DGL has funded the purchase of those ‘expensive’ shares Simon bought!

And there were some posters here who bought too on the back of Simon buying. Ouch!

Rawz
27-06-2023, 08:53 AM
You are making a huge assumption that he has not used his DGL shares as collateral for other personal loans.

It is highly unusual imo for any public listed company to extend a loan (using debt off its own balance sheet) to its CEO/MD to refinance his personal debts using the company’s shares as security.

Remember how Simon on a few occasions in the last 2 years entered the market and bought DGL shares to demonstrate his confidence in the company? Where did he get the money from to buy those shares?

So in effect, we now have a situation where DGL has funded the purchase of those ‘expensive’ shares Simon bought!

And there were some posters here who bought too on the back of Simon buying. Ouch!

Where does it say he borrowed the $18m from DGL balance sheet? I cant see that written anywhere

Not unusual to follow insiders when they buy. I wouldnt be too hard on ones self if you are in that position.

Balance
27-06-2023, 09:11 AM
Where does it say he borrowed the $18m from DGL balance sheet? I cant see that written anywhere

Not unusual to follow insiders when they buy. I wouldnt be too hard on ones self if you are in that position.

I stand corrected - you are right re the margin loan.

You wouldn't see me buying shares in a company when an insider like Simon buys shares, that's for sure.

NZSilver
27-06-2023, 12:49 PM
Bought a few this morning, but I haven't put to much work in here and have put it in the "punt" (vs investment) category. Reason for purchase - director buying 150k worth, looks oversold, ebitda:ev currently around 4, SP close to NTA as backstop, relatively reliable industry, had a good close yesterday In an overall down market - selling could be slowing down and the majority of tax selling will end in the next few days.

Could be another downgrade which would be the big risk here to the above thesis.

In terms of how much I bought it's a very small amount.

NZSilver
28-06-2023, 03:55 PM
Good run today 👍👍

winner69
28-06-2023, 04:00 PM
Good run today 👍👍

Timed your buy beautifully. ….well done

whatsup
28-06-2023, 07:53 PM
Good run today ����

Also bought some at the almost low !

NZSilver
28-06-2023, 08:41 PM
Timed your buy beautifully. ….well done

Still early days... lets see how this company goes over the medium term.

NZSilver
29-06-2023, 12:55 PM
78 c, good open. Nice strength again this morning

Balance
29-06-2023, 01:25 PM
78 c, good open. Nice strength again this morning

Well done, NZSilver!

Very pleased to see someone making money from this flea ridden dog!

Rawz
29-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Yeah good stuff NZSilver. Very well timed!!

Never got to my buy level. Who knows what happens from here though

whatsup
30-06-2023, 01:29 PM
slowly grinding higher .

whatsup
13-07-2023, 03:25 PM
slowly grinding higher .

into the 90's now !!

whatsup
14-07-2023, 11:40 AM
Looks like we might open @ $1-00 today, yeh !!

winner69
14-07-2023, 02:58 PM
Looks like we might open @ $1-00 today, yeh !!

Maybe next week mate

whatsup
18-07-2023, 02:39 PM
Also bought some at the almost low !

$1-00 GONE, very good recovery ( so far )

whatsup
18-07-2023, 04:05 PM
$1-03, sellers thinning out now.

Azz
18-07-2023, 09:51 PM
$1-03, sellers thinning out now.

A quick double from here wouldn't surprise! Congrats to the smart money who bought when it was on sale.

Azz
18-07-2023, 09:55 PM
I stand corrected - you are right re the margin loan.

You wouldn't see me buying shares in a company when an insider like Simon buys shares, that's for sure.

Balance, did Henry ball your wife?

Balance
19-07-2023, 08:46 AM

Still sore over the horrendous losses you make in this dog?

Some of us did warn you but you were so infatuated with him you could not take your eyes off his backside! Blinded you and you paid the price! :t_up:

whatsup
19-07-2023, 09:13 AM

Azz, That comment is totally out of order, please remove it, it says allot about you.

bull....
19-07-2023, 09:16 AM

yep nice oversold bounce

Balance
19-07-2023, 09:22 AM
Azz, That comment is totally out of order, please remove it, it says allot about you.

All good.

Leave it there. :t_up:

Azz
19-07-2023, 08:27 PM
Still sore over the horrendous losses you make in this dog?

Some of us did warn you but you were so infatuated with him you could not take your eyes off his backside! Blinded you and you paid the price! :t_up:

I haven't sold, so how have I made a loss? Bought a bunch more at the obvious bottom.

Balance
19-07-2023, 08:33 PM
I haven't sold, so how have I made a loss? Bought a bunch more at the obvious bottom.

Yawn.

Yawn. Yawn.

Woof woof woof.

Sounds like you really enjoy Simon Henry's ..... you. :D

Azz
19-07-2023, 08:40 PM
Yawn.

Yawn. Yawn.

Woof woof woof.

Sounds like you really enjoy Simon Henry's ..... you. :D

You've got a real hard-on for Simon Henry, eh.

whatsup
20-07-2023, 09:33 AM
I have been accumulating on the faint hope that the massive U K chemical company Ineos may come calling, its a real wild card but one can never say never, has a link in this part of the world, A B's !!

Azz
02-08-2023, 02:39 AM
What's going on here? Back under 80c. Is Jacinda-fan-extraordinaire Balance right on this one??!