mike2020
11-05-2022, 07:57 AM
Pgg
oca
hgh
bgp

Rawz
11-05-2022, 01:37 PM
Cant see any outrageous buys at the moment. Nothing like 2020.
Sure heaps are cheap but no potential 3 baggers so far

Sideshow Bob
11-05-2022, 02:00 PM
Cant see any outrageous buys at the moment. Nothing like 2020.
Sure heaps are cheap but no potential 3 baggers so far

NZX50 still at same level as June 2020 - still almost 20% above the short-lived Covid crash.

Personally, time to keep the powder dry, and believe plenty to go yet. Good chance to use some simple TA for entry (not that I used it for exiting some holdings)!!:eek2:

I'm looking at EBO - but SP has shown some resilience compared to the general market so far.

Rawz
11-05-2022, 02:06 PM
NZX50 still at same level as June 2020 - still almost 20% above the short-lived Covid crash.

Personally, time to keep the powder dry, and believe plenty to go yet. Good chance to use some simple TA for entry (not that I used it for exiting some holdings)!!:eek2:

I'm looking at EBO - but SP has shown some resilience compared to the general market so far.

Im now very wary of companies trading on 30+ p/e's in current high interest rate environment. Priced for perfection and if they dont deliver then they get punished and re-rated down. double whammy. I.e. FPH.

Entrep
11-05-2022, 02:13 PM
I'm not buying now either, but those are what I would like to add

Beagle
11-05-2022, 02:16 PM
I think we're going into a bear market > 20% fall. We're down about 15% year to date last time I looked. I'm very cautious. Inflation is so high and there are so many huge unknowns at this time. How high will interest rates have to go to try and fight inflation, how persistent will inflation be, how long will the war continue, will NATO get dragged into the war, what other supply chain issues will present and so on.

I have been >60% in cash and short term deposits since November 2021 and its been the best place to hide because bonds have been trashed just as much as shares. I reckon for at least the next few months as the Fed, RBNZ and other central banks tighten policy dramatically, inflation continues to roar away and interest rates continue upwards the tide is going out. The tide will turn eventually but that's not now or anytime really soon in my opinion.

I need to stop sniffing around for bargains because today's good buy could easily be tomorrow's regret. Sometimes the most difficult investment skill to master is patience. I'm getting better at that but still have much to learn.

LaserEyeKiwi
11-05-2022, 02:31 PM
Best time to buy high reliable dividend payers with solid underlying fundamentals at their cheapest is when the market has priced in a big increase in interest rates AND when a market wide selloff is occurring that drags down stock prices for no reason.

bearing in mind the high interest rate environment may persist for quite some time, as can a poor performing sharemarket.

In my mind I wouldn’t be jumping in with all spare cash yet, but instead would be deploying regular amounts over the next 12 months.

Beagle
11-05-2022, 02:38 PM
Yeah dollar cost averaging over a period of time is a good strategy. I told my brother to do exactly that over the next 12-18 months last November with his share of the inheritance but he got greedy when he saw his Kiwisaver growth fund jump by a few thousand one week and threw the lot in there at once. Bet he regrets that now !

Rawz
11-05-2022, 02:42 PM
Yeah dollar cost averaging over a period of time is a good strategy. I told my brother to do exactly that over the next 12-18 months last November with his share of the inheritance but he got greedy when he saw his Kiwisaver growth fund jump by a few thousand one week and threw the lot in there at once. Bet he regrets that now !

He'll still get massive returns if he stays invested for a very long time.
You'll probably just get massiver returns lol

mike2020
11-05-2022, 02:50 PM
Just put the lot on KFLWA. At todays price the margin on a rally could be the bagger people are looking for.

P.S set enough aside for a tent.

alokdhir
11-05-2022, 03:01 PM
For me best looking stocks are ....

IFT , EBO , CEN , HGH , FPH , MFT , SUM , SKL

Make such ratios that dividend yield is gross 4.5 to 5 % ...mix of both yielders and growth

Beagle
11-05-2022, 05:35 PM
He'll still get massive returns if he stays invested for a very long time.
You'll probably just get massiver returns lol Yeah he's a lot fitter and less porky than this Beagle and only 14 months older so he'll probably have a longer run than I will LOL
Told him the other day at 61 he might be investing for 35 years or more so focus on the long run. That seemed to perk him up a bit, (think he was a bit sad looking at his latest Kiwisver balance).

Don't think anyone likes to see their finances go backwards... I was just chatting with my wealthiest client who's worth tens of millions and very well connected and I asked him if he knew of anyone who hadn't gone backwards this year and he said no, all his mates and everyone he knows is down on the market this year. He reckons he who can lose the least this year is the winner ! I feel a bit better after that knowing all the high society old money out there are all going backwards too. I'm in good company :lol:

JBmurc
11-05-2022, 09:49 PM
Short term Growth with low downside risks > CUE Energy .. view the NZO forum for my latest post .. I see 100 to 200% upside before the years out