PDA

View Full Version : Whats the IRG Investment Yearbook like?

Kirk
29-12-2014, 09:23 AM
Hi, just wondering whether people recommend buying the IRG investment yearbook

Cheers

Aaron
29-12-2014, 11:09 AM
Have bought it, am yet to read it. Will update with recommendation once motivation kicks in. For $40 I think it would be hard to go wrong. A quick reference to all the companies on the NZX and more with broker recommendations. I intend to use it as a starting point only for companies as information is last years. If only they could invent a type of osmosis book so that an information packed booked sitting on the coffee table while I watch TV empties out the information into my empty head. News Years resolution is to make time in the morning for some educational(possibly boring) reading. Sorry not very helpful. To be continued....

Aaron
29-12-2014, 01:22 PM
Skim read finished. For $40 it is a handy reference for the budding investor.

RGR367
30-12-2014, 11:38 PM
Hi, just wondering whether people recommend buying the IRG investment yearbook

Cheers

Borrow an old one (this year IRG Book) from the library and read it yourself to get an idea about what the book like before buying the new one. But personally, you'll get better info/viewpoints if you read a particular thread in this forum about a company you're intending to invest into.

Abacus
03-01-2015, 03:45 AM
IMO - A great introduction to the companies listed on the NZX. I found it very handy when I started out investing on the NZX as a reference. One of the more important aspects to investing (if not the most) would be investing in your knowledge base - you make better decisions when they are informed ones. However, there are also other important reference guides and books which an investor would need to ensure that he/she makes better choices.