sharetrader
Page 145 of 972 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245645 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 9712

Xerof that's a bit of a low call...are you a mate of shane's perhaps

Does anyone really care what that loud mouth says ?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Shane Jones stated at a meeting in Auckland yesterday that "within 100 days of being elected Labour would raise the minimum wage and address the "dreadful conditions" of staff and residents at rest homes."
    Has anyone seen any detailed policy from Labour on this ? I've searched and did not find anything.
    The okes have already been made so I will move on.

Within the first 100 days they will increase it to $15ph. They will then do a further increase in 2015.

- Nat's have just increased to $14.25 so this is not a significant increase
    - The assumption is the second raise would be on 1 April 2015 as that is the normal increase date.
    - They haven't committed to the 'living wage' other than for government employees.
    - They wont be committing to any amount for the second raise. A nice empty promise by Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Does anyone really care what that loud mouth says ?
    ... he might be leader come election time given the state of Labour :-S

Dear HS....are you seriously thinking that "they" will cross the line first this year ...like really....really....should "they" do so perhaps in 3 years then surely your figures are meaningless....YES NO

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    Dear HS....are you seriously thinking that "they" will cross the line first this year ...like really....really....should "they" do so perhaps in 3 years then surely your figures are meaningless....YES NO
    As a significant portion of my wealth is in power company's, no I do not believe they will be in government later this year.

I was just stating the full extent of their policy, that is that it misses the most important detail, since the increase within the first 100 is only minimal. I also point out the double standards as they are setting a different minimum wage for government vs non government employees.

But to answer your question, I like Winston Peters reply:

NO

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    dear iceman...shouldn't that post have been yesterday....come on...

Am I wrong.Cheers
    Dear troyvdh
    Why yesterday ? I was in Buenos Aires yesterday
    and didnt see anything about this over there.
    Hence my question today to see if I'd missed
    some announcement about this while I've
    been away !!!

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    I know you are having a bit of a laugh, but if anyone thinks this is not a sector wide issue then they are in dream land. Quality of care is coming into the spot light more and more in the health sector and when it seriously hits the retirement sector the obvious questions will be asked; are there enough staff and are they qualified enough. At the end of the day this all simply comes down to $!!

DISC: I might be a little biased in this area as I've done quite a bit of research on quality of care, but my understanding is that the retirement sector has gotten off relatively lightly, but some time in the next few years there will be a clamp down (to some extent).
    you're right on both counts - a bit of a laugh, but also agree with your 'shake-up' scenario. I'd be very interested in knowing how widespread, or generalised, you see the sector problem as being. Can you elaborate or rank by Company? My perception is that there are many many small private ones that are disgusting, but only hear sporadic episodes about the listed entities

Dear Iceman..how is BA..ive been there a few times...who did you fly with ...Qantas I assume....

Don't be a plonker...It was the 1st of April yesterday.......cheers

^^You can start your investigation by having a bloody good look at the qulaity of "care" in Ryman's dementia facilities. Don't worry about the patients needs, whether they're adequatly hrdrated, whether they need to see a doctor or whatever other needs they have, just drug them up to the eyeballs so they don't know what planet they're on because there's less work for the staff to do right ? Don't worry about keeping proper files on the patient, the next shift of Phillipino workers, most of whom struggle to speak english, will somwhow magically know what each patients needs are when they start their shift, right ? Still, what would I know, i recently watched my father die a slow cruel death in one of their facilties with his needs not well met by any stretch of the imagination. I am sure this is an extremly isolated case and I know absolutly nothing, (sarcasm intended). I havn't got the stomach to own Ryman's shares after seeing what i saw first hand.
    No need to tare the whole sector with the same brush in my opinion.
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-04-2014 at 10:53 AM.