sharetrader
Page 97 of 123 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast

Thread: NPX Chart

The world is all fixed now sparky .....any good stocks will be taking off ....look at FBU as well ..... And heaps more

Nothing special bout Nuplex ...just market sentiment

percy

NPX meeting must have been fun,with "poll" needed to pass director's fee increase.Surely,the directors lack common sense to go to an AGM and push for an increase while laying off a large number of staff,both here and in Aussie.
    I did warn some time about too many presidents,now I wonder where this company will go with directors who lack good judgement.
    Pay peanuts you get Monkeys.NPX has ended up with over feed Apes. lol.
    Last edited by percy; 02-11-2012 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    What happened to Nuplex this morning? 5% dip and no news of any kind to the market? At least, none I have picked up?

Edit: Only 8000 shares as of 10:49 this morning. Must be some sap selling out for a quick sale.

Further edit: Apologies if the sap is reading this.
    Yes the short term technicals didn't look good so I held off buying, Macd, etc. divergences,that's usually a tell tale sign.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    What happened to Nuplex this morning? 5% dip and no news of any kind to the market? At least, none I have picked up?

Edit: Only 8000 shares as of 10:49 this morning. Must be some sap selling out for a quick sale.

Further edit: Apologies if the sap is reading this.
    Just noise .... npx will be 400 one day .... wont be 300 again

Veteran novice

I hope you're right, winner. I'm always a bit suspicious when there's a big price movement in the interval between the end of the period and reporting, despite the requirement to keep the market informed. Incidentally, today's sale has set a new price level for the present with a few thou more traded.

see it was just noise .... all back to normal

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    see it was just noise .... all back to normal
    It always worries me this. I have seen it occur with this exact timing a lot through the years.

The way I see it is that those employed within (or on the board of) any listed company who are privy to market-sensitive information receive such data almost on a daily basis. These employees & board members are governed by Stock Exchange rules when it comes to them buying or selling. (Announcing intentions, trading/non-trading windows).

Such rules cut down on the potential for insider trading, or certainly limit the impact as ones volumes of trade need to be kept low to avoid scrutiny. Friends or family members of those in the know may still receive bits of 'news' well in advance but, if so, would not normally need to buy or sell in any great rush.

But what happens when the financials are passed to the company's auditors say a month before the annual report release date? Are they governed by any rules? The trouble is that the auditors receive the good news (or the bad news) in one fell swoop. Are they under scrutiny?.... or subject to the same rules?.. what about the aunties, uncles, sisters of those auditors receiving the information?

I have seen this kind of 'blip' (up or down, and in small volumes) a month before reporting date far too often and then seen the share price rapidly head the same way as the blip did in the minutes/hours/days/weeks following the release of the annual report.

I really do hope and trust that this sudden down blip in NPX is not an indication of what is about to come upon release date. We will all know soon enough.

Vaygor1 (Conspiracy Theorist?)
    Last edited by Vaygor1; 05-02-2013 at 02:28 AM.

Mr P a years or so posted a classic chart of NPX over the years ..... compelling in that preceding a good announcement the NPX shareprice would go up and preceding a bad announcement the shareprice would go down .... and he made the obvious staement

Gaynor in thr Herald had a piece the other day .... too many companies 'leak' info to analysts so a few special people get an advantage .... while the plebs miss out

Bonza of an announcement coming up ......mr p would say some know already

Share price getting close to record?

Veteran novice

Yes, going great guns, SP-wise, with a very impressive chart!

I'm keeping an eye on that Relative Strength number though as it powers past the 80% mark. I get a bit nervous at these heights which rarely manage to maintain momentum - for my stocks, at least!

Any TA comment from the "knowledgeable"?