sharetrader
Page 165 of 765 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265665 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 7641

just has a look on youtube for blis.
    found a few songs and kissing stuff, then searched for blis 12 and a few vids of prof tag came up, all the vids totaled about 5000 views over the last few years.

maybe they should make a vid showing a cute babe with a big tounge and then zoom into lots of good bugs dancing away in her mouth.
    sort of like the original cartoon ads they used to show...... but with the addition of a cute babes mouth.
    but alas blis is controlled by goggled eyed bearded doctors.

might ask my missus to deep throat my video camera and pan out to her holding a bottle of k12
    she can wear a low cut nurse outfit, and say to the camera......" if you want to kiss you have to bliss"

im sure that would get a few more hits than old prof tag.

but not as many as i would get if i asked my missus to suck a camera.

soo.......

back to starchy doctor advertising i guess.

EWT student

A different BLT thought.
    EWT wave 2 about now, wave 3 upside to somewhere near 14cps.
    I have been off the mark before, this is what I see here.
    Anyone aware of pending news?
    Perhaps one of the BLT developments is about to announce good news...
    V.
    Disc: Holding a small 'total loss' BLT position.
    Tomorrow's trades will prove me wise or otherwise

Advanced Member

Sorry Vtrader, but I've just never been able to convince myself about Elliot Wave Theory and technical analysis. That's just my personal view though, and I know that there are very many ardent followers of it, and I'm not knocking it in any way.

But if you're looking for waves, I'd have thought you would get a very different picture by looking at a one year BLT chart or a two year chart.

Personally I'm a value investor, and I think a fair number on this group would be the same (though certainly not all) - where value investing in my case is the idea that the share is undervalued for the long term. I'd probably run with Warren Buffet's "finding an outstanding company at a sensible price", although I like his idea of long-term sustainable growth more. In any case, my focus is future cash flow from retaining shares, not selling them. Some will say that is inefficient, but I look at the story of the tortoise and the hare, and also at the apparent fact that the most successful investors in the world hang on to what they've got - while countries like NZ beggar themselves by constantly selling things the moment they go up in price a bit.

However, others may have something to add. It's an interesting view of the situation.

EWT student

Simla,
    I am only learning the EWT, and for my own part find it useful to put in writing what I think at a particular time. Helps me with understanding the value of the EWT.
    When I first entered the sharemarket i read around and this thread took my interest. So much is said here, and indicative of much activity from BLT.
    All this activity should sometime turn hugely profitable, on the understanding of course that there are sufficient people that invest in their health as opposed to the masses that only invest when they are 'sick'.
    Your position is comendable, and I would like to think that I will hold for a long time also...
    V.
    Tomorrow's trades will prove me wise or otherwise

Advanced Member

The AGM presentation told us, "BLIS M18 is to be officially launched in the US in September 2010. BLIS to attend major trade show – Supply Side West." That show is on Oct 19-23, and presumably K12 will be there too.

However, here's Blis K12 at a large Japanese trade fair on 13-15 October http://www.hijapan.info/eng/companyl...469&page=index

This page said last year, "Health Ingredients (Hi) Japan 2009 is the leading food ingredients exhibition in Asia by far" http://www.thomex.com/trade-events/h...2009-1332.html

The organisers' own page http://www.hijapan.info/eng/info/hi.html says, "Hi Japan is now established as a global event with strong international participation in the show", and "The show is an annual 'must attend' event for every manufacturer, company or brand involved in the health ingredients industry. Hi Japan has been the leading industry trade show delivering a worldwide audience of health ingredients professionals."

Could be promising for progress in Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    The AGM presentation told us, "BLIS M18 is to be officially launched in the US in September 2010. BLIS to attend major trade show – Supply Side West." That show is on Oct 19-23, and presumably K12 will be there too.
    Blis K12 has been advertised at Frutatroms stand for ages now. Still no mention of M18.
    Check http://www.supplysideshow.com/west/s...?listing=30612

Not a lot of love for BLT today

Advanced Member

Yes. But he laughs last, etc. Blis are really starting to make some strides in the market now. Either they will pay off nicely soon, or people selling out now will prove to have been right.

The last annual report told us http://blis.co.nz/userfiles/file/BLI...2%20of%204.pdf
    • "a loss [for year to March 2010] from trading activities, excluding financing costs, of $99k... [including] a write-down of $73k for redundant inventory of packaging and non-active ingredients."
    • "Revenue for the year increased by 64% ... Product sales have increased by 103%"
    • "NZ revenue has increased by 31%"
    • "[there was] licensing revenue due to an agreement with a global consumer company, a relationship which is subject to confidentiality provisions."
    • "The emphasis continues on the development of key business relationships and the establishment of partnerships with companies with substantial regional and global marketing reach."
    • "Frutarom, in conjunction with the Company, is now actively implementing marketing strategies in Asia/Pacific with products either having being launched, or in the final stages with a particular emphasis on Japan, Taiwan, Australia, Singapore and Malaysia. Business development projects are also in progress in other markets in Asia."
    • "The long-term strategy involves strategic relationships with Nestle Nutrition and other leading global consumer products companies."
    • "In addition to the existing R&D agreements between [Blis and Nestle], a new agreement has been reached with Nestlé Nutrition to consider another development application."
    • "The clinical trial undertaken by Nestlé Nutrition is scheduled for completion in 2010. If the outcome of this clinical trial is successful, it is anticipated that royalty payments could be generated in 2011."
    • "Company staff have attended industry tradeshows in the United States throughout the year where formal presentations are made to industry audiences. In addition, Prof John Tagg has also assisted with media presentations in North America. The Company has also placed numerous press releases into the US market, which continues to help to build both brand identity and reputation as a major technology company in the oral care sector."
    • "[In Japan, it] is anticipated some ... new products will be launched in the next twelve months."
    • "In Taiwan, Singapore and Malaysia the first products have been launched in the market. In addition business development projects are in progress in the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam and in India. Early progress in some of these markets, such as Indonesia will be subject to regulatory approval."

The last AGM presentation http://blis.co.nz/userfiles/file/BLI...0July%2010.pdf told us that:
    • 30 products now carry K12 or M18;.
    • 5000 stores were due to be carrying Bioguard nationwide now.
    • YTD sales of K12 then were 600k as ingredients.
    • YTD sales of M18 were 200k then.
    • M18 was to be launched in September, and will be at Supply Side West in a couple of weeks.
    • They are looking to have GRAS by the end of this year.
    • Nestle are currently evaluating the K12 trials.

In a press release at the time of the AGM http://blis.co.nz/userfiles/file/BLI...inal%20(3).pdf we were told:
    • "[The] Company was entering a new phase in commercial development in the United States and Canada ... toward communicating the benefit of the BLIS probiotic directly to consumers. The Company, in partnership with its North American distributor Frutarom, is building a new consumer-focused website to support US consumers. An on-going public relations campaign is also being developed to support the marketing effort, towards the retail consumer."

We have also found on the net since then:

(This was a slightly complex post. I've made reasonable efforts to ensure the links and quotes are correct, but obviously anyone should check for themselves before relying on anything.)

Of course, the future is still uncertain, and the company still has expansion costs, but you'll gather it wasn't me selling today!
    Last edited by simla; 08-10-2010 at 03:13 PM.

Of course, the future is still uncertain, and the company still has expansion costs, but you'll gather it wasn't me selling today!
    Actually - a great bit of selling by you today Simla - well done!
    "Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." David Lloyd George

Advanced Member

Thanks. But I wasn't trying to sell anyone, just carrying on the discussion.

I suppose I may as well add my periodic statement: I am only here to discuss things, and I am never advising anybody to buy, sell, or trade in anything at all. That is for each person to decide entirely for themselves.
    Last edited by simla; 08-10-2010 at 07:05 PM.