sharetrader
Page 20 of 298 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

quote:Originally posted by Paper Tiger at 6:00:33 01/09/2006

All these numbers are normalised to exclude any one-offs.

With this $2.5m to $3.0m guidance for this half year an optimistic guess for the full year would be an IFRS NPAT in the range $7.0m to $8.0m? (Equivalent for 2006 was $12.4m)
    Assume an EPS of 7.5cps
    I think they should bite the bullet, cut the divvy to 1.5cps this half and concentrate on sorting this company out with the extra retained cash.
    If they do that then I will consider buying some.
    2.5cps declared.
    Off the hook, luckily

om mani peme hum

Advanced Member

quote:Originally posted by marinesalvor

Macdunk - I think its pretty obvious from my posts what I have held and am holding(and taken much ribbing for) eg FTB, MSL, IMU, NEU
    its attacks like snoopys and yours that make people not bother posting at all.
    MARINESALVOR, I have no intention on attacking anyone on the forum. I only mentioned that SNOOPY is one of the few big enough to show us what he holds then says why. I can see from what you are holding or were holding, that you and SNOOPY might have benefitted from attack in the past, if you had paid attention. Have a go at me and my lot sometime, i can do with a stirr up. Your old mate and harshest critic macdunk.
    Discl, TPW HQP, POT, BCA, NZO, PGW. traded POT,NZO,HQP,PGW.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

While on this thread I will just mention that when I gave thought to investing this one I thought back over the number of times I have actually been in a KFC, Pizza Hut and Starbucks in New Zealand and the answer came out at 4.
    1) Pizza Hut, Queenstown, 1992. Nice meal but a different format from the modern PH's
    2) KFC, Thames, 1998. Bought a cup of coffee, the rest of Thames was shut for the night.
    3) Pizza Hut, Pakuranga, 2001. An utterly terrible experience.
    4) Pizza Hut, Taupo, 2001. Proof that the Pakuranga experience was not unique.

The issue for me is that there is always somewhere better (probably even in Thames these days) than one of these places, such as the excellent pizza place in Waipu which MacDunk alluded to. It is worth the deviation from SH1.
    om mani peme hum

quote:Originally posted by duncan macgregor

WAIPU pizza parlour, thin crust, great topping, just like the wogs make it. Log into bongoes site he still has a lot to say about RBD. macdunk
    The "Waipu Pizza Parlour" is called Pizza Barn. I find myself temporarily living just up the road from it. Excellent place.

Disagree with you Duncan that there might be any merit in disclosing holdings:

1. The poster could be lying about the holding
    2. There is no form of proof as to the identiy of the poster and the number of share they own
    3. Not holding a share in a company doesn't preclude being able to make a comment about it, in the negative or positive.
    4. If holding shares, making the disclosure and making positive comments were a reasonable yardstick of outperformance, RBD and any number of other "bottom drawer" investments would be going gangbusters.

Tin-foil Hatter

PH's product is OK relative to those of other companies competing on price (e.g., Domino's).

The real problem is the people they employ - especially, their overall attitude and demeanour. I am unsure if the problem is that RBD pays peanuts (therefore attracting monkeys) or that their brand attract the wrong type of worker (e.g., the casual overseas student who wants to work in NZ but who culturally doesn't understand what good service is).

What is clear is that if you go a Saturday evening to a PH restaurant, you're most likely going to witness an absolute dirtiest level. It seems that, with their all-you-can-eat offer, they try to target families and they believe that families tolerate premises more suited as pigsty. RBD are the ones responsible for their own demise.
    God - Please give us just one more bubble....

quote:Originally posted by patsy

.... they try to target families and they believe that families tolerate premises more suited as pigsty.
    Can’t see a problem with that. A person would have to be a bit of a pig to want “all you can eat” pizza, so you’d be right at home.

Hey there MS

Maybe just something sounds like maybe related to your line of business.

Like on a calm languid day off the coast of San Salvador a frantic Zild voice burst over the VHF "Mayday, Mayday, I'm sinking, I'm sinking".

After some delay a laid-back voice responded "Hello dere Mayday. This is Easy Come Easy Go. What are you sinking about?"

So I guess I was just sinking about how far "down there somewhere" is the answer, the pirate treasure, or whatever the rewards if any in this share business?

Advanced Member

The aim is to share ideas and try to learn something from other peoples successes and failures.

For example, here are some of one poster's comments - from these you could learn :-

(1) Not to average down.
    (2) Not to buy downtrending stocks.
    (3) Not to add to losing positions.
    (4) Patience is not always a virtue.

Or, alternatively, you could learn nothing at all!

Great post Phaedrus - may print it out to remind me in the future! That wasn't a Feltex chart was it? And I won't hazard a guess as to who you were quoting!

Guru

RBDs brands do look rather dated these days.

Ten years ago there was no subway, indian restaurants , hundreds of pizza places, hardly any ethnic restaurants at all.

Now subway , tandoori palace, hell , spagalinis, dominos etc etc etc hundreds of independents all selling food seen as more healthy than KFC

The price would of fallen a while ago if it wasnt for certain newpaper journalists giving the impression that suiters were queuing up to takeover these brands