sharetrader
Page 2013 of 2059 FirstFirst ... 101315131913196320032009201020112012201320142015201620172023 ... LastLast
Results 20,121 to 20,130 of 20582
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I got a Business Degree and it has enabled me to earn much more than my siblings, none of whom have a degree.

We are all cut from the same cloth, similar intelligence etc but I have been able to exploit more opportunities. Which in itself becomes a kind of compounding machine.

You can also be very successful without a degree. But the qualification helps.

You will do just fine. Just don’t forget to enjoy being young too. It doesn’t last for as long as you think at your age.

Agree with all of this, very true.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    They may see it not as a cost but an investment in feeding you full of what they want you fed full of!

That might be a bit deep, but when the State is balls deep in the tertiary education sector, that comes with serious strings attached, most nuanced and barely visible.
    Okay apologies I see what you mean now.

Trust me I probably know that better than you, you should see some of the woke BS I have to write up in a class called *********. This mandatory paper has me learning all about unconscious bias, how we are all racist ect. Now of course I can see right though all this crap, but have learnt to just keep my mouth shut, so I can maintain an A average. There is no room for debate or discussion in our universities, whether it's that paper or finance. I cringe every time my finance lecturer states that the stock market is very risky lol.
    Last edited by ValueNZ; 15-05-2024 at 01:45 PM. Reason: censored name of paper

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    I cringe every time my finance lecturer states that the stock market is very risky lol.
    That's why they're a lecturer earning a pitiful wage and will never be rich, or even wealthy.

You have insights well beyond your years.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    Okay apologies I see what you mean now.

Trust me I probably know that better than you, you should see some of the woke BS I have to write up in a class called Intercultural Perspectives on Organisations. This mandatory paper has me learning all about unconscious bias, how we are all racist ect. Now of course I can see write though all this crap, but have learnt to just keep my mouth shut, so I can maintain an A average. There is no room for debate or discussion in our universities, whether it's that paper or finance. I cringe every time my finance lecturer states that the stock market is very risky lol.

Yep thats exactly what I am getting at.

Awesome post, would love to hear more about it sometime.

Incredible that you are actually the real woke one - Awoke to whats really going on. It's like you are a skeptical 40 year old in a 18 year olds body.

Easy for us to see it for what it is as it's all developed since we were your age and we didn't grow up with it from a young age, in other words we weren't indoctrinated like your generation.

How many others like you are there, at your school and uni, like out of 100 how many would see it like you see the 'Perspectives' paper?

The good thing is that later, in the markets and in the corporate world, you'll be competing with and investing alongside others who spent their time learning that crap instead of learning how to invest.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    That's why they're a lecturer earning a pitiful wage and will never be rich, or even wealthy.

Ha we both said the same thing, you more succinctly than I.

... have power to make you great

Value, uni has changed since I was there. But employers haven't, they still appreciate good comms incl spelling ... ect = etc, write though = right through

No need to pay me, thanks will do, hehehe
    Last edited by Habits; 14-05-2024 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post

what a rediculous statement , most people work all there lives and some enjoy wealth from investing as well.
    just look at yourself .
    anyway if value NZ can make it with out working full time for ever he will have been in the minority. wish him the best as starting young gives better odd's of acheivement.
    one step ahead of the herd

Good link Bull, I have never believed in all this Property hype.

I just sold a place for 5.2 million that sold for 7.1 million 20 years ago in January 2005... (Adjusted to 2024 dollars, 4.4 million actual sale price in 2005) and it had a $hitload of money spent on it over the 20 years.

While Maverick is all over OCA like nobody else, I have never much liked the property market predictions and turnover predictions that have been presented as an almost certain fact. Truth is nobody knows and things can get a hell of a lot worse. Also the Share price predictions are not much better.

Baa_Baa on another thread mentioned the property market being on its A$rse right now.... Well at 4.5 times the size of our GDP (vs 1.7 x for the USA and most other countries) and 1970's pads in the provinces selling right now for the high 800's when median wages in the town are at best 75k... I would say that property markets are super pumped to the Moon right now.

Just because something has fallen, that in itself says nothing about the current situation of valuation or turnover.

Wake me up when provincial property (most of which is incredibly ill maintained and old) is trading at 3 x median incomes. Still wont be on its backside - just normal.
    yep no one can predict anything with 100% certainty.

So would you guess property will stay flat to reach 3x median
    or fall to reach that level
    or will it become the norm to always be 7 x + median considering everyones real wages are falling every year

when you guess that your be able to work out a probable est of future selling prices of OCA units

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    yep no one can predict anything with 100% certainty.

So would you guess property will stay flat to reach 3x median
    or fall to reach that level
    or will it become the norm to always be 7 x + median considering everyones real wages are falling every year

when you guess that your be able to work out a probable est of future selling prices of OCA units

Yeah no idea, my guess is that it will stay flat-ish to correct so nominal prices might hold up while a couple of decades of inflation do the correction. Only need inflation of 2-3% while nominal prices stay flat.

OCA units don't need to be tied to it. There will be a demand for this service that will grow, not only due to demographics.

Yeah no idea, my guess is that it will stay flat-ish to correct so nominal prices might hold up while a couple of decades of inflation do the correction. Only need inflation of 2-3% while nominal prices stay flat.

OCA units don't need to be tied to it. There will be a demand for this service that will grow, not only due to demographics.
    . as you say flat which i tend to think as well at the moment and yea demand for units is there but under a flat price senario even with 2 - 3% inflation OCA margins are being eaten away are they not. sure you might say they can raise prices to compensate for this but then will all the competition do the same and then at what unit price level would demand fall away. so many variables but like you say float should keep increasing but that doesnt save the ship does it if your margins are shrinking.