sharetrader
Page 1909 of 1928 FirstFirst ... 90914091809185918991905190619071908190919101911191219131919 ... LastLast
Results 19,081 to 19,090 of 19274

Thread: Black Monday

Yen has fallen to decade’s low.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Ok so you don't think OCA would get any rent for their units. Nothing, nada. Seems realistic enough...
    Optimistically at the moment I would be plugging in 4% in that $900M+ column.

Not sure I would even include that in this equation Winner. Up the Wahs!

I have backed total points, so like a true OCA Shareholder I just cheer everything!
    Oh except no tries or goals kicked, that would be bummer.
    Perhaps I'm not a real OCA kinda guy after all.
    Worked out pretty well. Wahs always going to leak plenty of points & try and comeback in the 2nd half after the game is done & dusted.
    Rinse & repeat.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Valuegrowth View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/australi...-decision-rise

"With hopes for a rate cut gone, there is speculation of another rise before the end of 2024. What factors will sway the Reserve Bank’s decision?

Hopes for a near-term rate cut evaporated after the March CPI figures landed. According to Bloomberg, bets have switched to favouring a rate rise by the end of 2024.

Judo Bank’s chief economic adviser, Warren Hogan, says the RBA may need three rate rises – to 5.1% – to ensure that the inflation threat is extinguished."
    I hope u know their is a ASX forum also on this same site ...wont it be more appropriate to discuss Aussy market prospects there ?

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    I hope u know their is a ASX forum also on this same site ...wont it be more appropriate to discuss Aussy market prospects there ?
    Hey Alokdhir, Black Monday was a global event & what happens in other markets on the macro is relevant here I feel.

The NZ PMI weakened further in April……things looking not that good for NZ economy over rest of year
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

NZX50 has been flattish over the last 5 years, including dividends. Another 5 years and we'll be able to refer to this as the Lost Decade.

I'd be totally down, as the Kidz say, for another few years of vomit inducing underperformance if we get to refer to the "Lost Decade" in coming years. Would be totally worth it.

"Does everyone remember the Lost Decade, so glad we're in sunny uplands now" or whatever. That's an example of a possible future Black Monday post. A bit stilted but it'll be better when Im doing it for real, in the future. Assuming I'm still alive, god willing.
    Last edited by Bobdn; 13-05-2024 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The NZ PMI weakened further in April……things looking not that good for NZ economy over rest of year
    Same in other countries too. In every situation there will be opportunity for intelligent investors and professional traders to buy and sell stocks. Right now, there are few crises. They are cost of living crisis, High cost of doing business and geopolitical crisis. ​I go with micro economy instead of macro economy.