sharetrader
Page 567 of 577 FirstFirst ... 67467517557563564565566567568569570571 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,670 of 5763

Imagine if the AUKUS ties gave us a FTA with US. What would the price be then?

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Imagine if NZ joins aukus farmer income might timber what would the stock price be then ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Smith View Post
    Imagine if the AUKUS ties gave us a FTA with US. What would the price be then?
    We can imagine all these things. The core point is governments like being re-elected. And I would ask the question, will there be more potential votes for them from:

a/ Our rural communities or
    b/ from US government officials with military connections.

Our government ministers are not stupid, even if some opposition politicians and media critics make them out to be that way.

But as a seemingly now departed from this forum poster used to keep reminding us: "Nobody can accurately predict the future." That is why when you invest in something like PGW, you have it as part of your portfolio, not an all in 'red or black' bet.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 08-05-2024 at 10:40 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    i'm on the bid for 5,000 at $1.75 so if any of you jokers could help me out that would be appreciated.
    Welcome on board blackcap.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Welcome on board blackcap.

SNOOPY
    Cheers, my rationale is quite simple. Thinking it may be oversold on the board fiasco (now seemingly fixed), cyclical low and otherwise a well run company. I shop at my local PGW from time to time and I have always had a pleasant experience there.

Cheers, my rationale is quite simple. Thinking it may be oversold on the board fiasco (now seemingly fixed), cyclical low and otherwise a well run company. I shop at my local PGW from time to time and I have always had a pleasant experience there.
    Have you included the possibility of cash strapped farmers also selling any share investments they may have to help them through these tough times.

This one is looking long and deep. So the up cycle may take longer to develop than previous cycles.

Im picking the sp to be $1.50 before too long.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Have you included the possibility of cash strapped farmers also selling any share investments they may have to help them through these tough times.

This one is looking long and deep. So the up cycle may take longer to develop than previous cycles.

Im picking the sp to be $1.50 before too long.
    Farmers generally don't own shares (as a rule) but have not investigated to what extent farmers have holdings in PGW. But looking at the top 20 holders or about 66% of the company does not look like farmers. So yes there may be some farmer investors, but I don't think they will have much effect on the SP.
    Cycles may take longer and this one might be deeper but at $1.75 for me is a good entry point.

Farmers over the decades have been the backbone of New Zealand. Earn the export dollars and spread the cashflows to keep the lights on. And are all about diversification as farm income is up and down.

Hence, the big share portfolios. I am a farmer, and do not know a farmer who does not invest in other sectors.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Farmers over the decades have been the backbone of New Zealand. Earn the export dollars and spread the cashflows to keep the lights on. And are all about diversification as farm income is up and down.

Hence, the big share portfolios. I am a farmer, and do not know a farmer who does not invest in other sectors.
    So if you were a farmer, and wanting diversification, you would stay well away from stocks like PGW etc.

So if you were a farmer, and wanting diversification, you would stay well away from stocks like PGW etc.
    I was a farmer, used PGW livestock and it was my favorite share, basically because I felt I knew what they were doing and how it was going at a grass roots level. I say was.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mike2020 View Post
    I was a farmer, used PGW livestock and it was my favorite share, basically because I felt I knew what they were doing and how it was going at a grass roots level. I say was.
    Thanks for that. I am a hobby farmer, used PGW and my local shop is very helpful and I like what I see there. Maybe its different elsewhere.