sharetrader
Page 77 of 91 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
    Dilettante

Thanks for sharing SB. Interesting reading. I think Richard Young and Dan Jex-Blake are entitled to look back at their 10 years on the Board with significant pride. They leave a well run organisation in great financial strength.
    Brilliant idea to limit Directorships to a maximum of 10 years.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Thanks for sharing SB. Interesting reading. I think Richard Young and Dan Jex-Blake are entitled to look back at their 10 years on the Board with significant pride. They leave a well run organisation in great financial strength.
    Brilliant idea to limit Directorships to a maximum of 10 years.
    Yes, good that it is limited.

Just not sure what the situation is with Rob Hewitt - he was elected to the board of the Coop in 2008, and chair since 2013. Also co-chair of SFF Ltd.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Yes, good that it is limited.

Just not sure what the situation is with Rob Hewitt - he was elected to the board of the Coop in 2008, and chair since 2013. Also co-chair of SFF Ltd.
    That’s not quite right. Rob quit as Chairman in 2019. He took over again when Richard Young resigned as Chairman in 2021, to “bridge the transition period to the next generation “

It will be interesting to see how ling that bridging period is !!
    Last edited by iceman; 06-05-2023 at 10:40 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    That’s not quite right. Rob quit as Chairman in 2019. He took over again when Richard Young resigned as Chairman in 2021, to “bridge the transition period to the next generation “

It will be interesting to see how ling that bridging period is !!
    Quite correct Iceman!! My apologies - I had misread the website and mistaken SFF Ltd and SFF Coop.

I have a feeling the bridge could be quite long.....

percy

Quite correct Iceman!! My apologies - I had misread the website and mistaken SFF Ltd and SFF Coop.

I have a feeling the bridge could be quite long.....
    I been thinking the same...lol

Legend

Legend

Poor season and weak market seems to be having its effect on share price. Trading at $1.40, which is the lowest level since early 2022 by my estimates.

This could be the test - all companies made good/record profits last year, but can SFF pump out a reasonable profit in an off year??? Unfortunately no half year results are published, and even though we are almost 7 full months into the financial year, no indication on how they are travelling. Last year the first ever interim divvy was end of October, based on first half performance (with no financials released). Can't see that happening this year unless they throw shareholders a bone.

Legend

Poor season and weak market seems to be having its effect on share price. Trading at $1.40, which is the lowest level since early 2022 by my estimates.

This could be the test - all companies made good/record profits last year, but can SFF pump out a reasonable profit in an off year??? Unfortunately no half year results are published, and even though we are almost 7 full months into the financial year, no indication on how they are travelling. Last year the first ever interim divvy was end of October, based on first half performance (with no financials released). Can't see that happening this year unless they throw shareholders a bone.
    Lamb markets look like they are going from bad to worse. Hot weather in the northern hemisphere, inflation, deflation in China, reducing consumer spending power etc, and then exacerbated by Australia pumping out large volumes.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-07-...oing/102615850
    https://www.mla.com.au/prices-market...?species=Sheep

Australian prices down $2.50-$3.00 AUD/Kg over the past 12 months, so that is probably $60-70 per lamb. Ouch!!

Word is that one company in the North Island have stopped processing, management have walked out and closed the office and farmers have been unpaid for stock.

Industry has gone from record margins to negative margins. Negative margins have happened before though. Made money last year and giving it back this year.

Lamb processors would have to be really struggling so would be interesting to see where beef is at. That might insulate SFF, as biggest beef processor in NZ, but have had a declining lamb share in recent years.

Once again, looks like we won't see any results or updates unless SFF surprise us again, but otherwise would then will have to wait until Alliance reports - last year was mid-November.

Guru

" company in the North Island have stopped processing, management have walked out and closed the office and farmers have been unpaid for stock"
    Didn't come up when I searched
    Which town,works?

Legend

A few trades yesterday. Buy side now looking thin.