sharetrader

Threaded View

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    How's this. One girl at a local college picked on another pushed her to the groundand started beating up on her. A circle of kids some taking videos.A teacher also standing there.The student being beaten up begged the teacher to help. The teacher did not as they are not allowed to intervene!!!!??? World gone mad.
    I can tell you now that smacking, when used sparingly, is very effective.

I see these little sh1ts running rough shot over their parents all the time. No real boundaries, no real consequences.

Smacking was removed over night but zero training or support on what parents can do instead for effective discipline. So a lot of kids just get away with murder now and parents give in for some peace and quiet. I do think we are starting to see more and more of the social consequences of that law change.

And the law was passed to stop serious child abuse. Well, it was never going to have any impact on people who actually beat (and sometimes even murder) their kids. No evidence of serious harm on children decreasing, but the majority of good parents criminilised if they smack. And by God, sometimes these kids do need a crack on the arse to sort them out when they start getting too carried away and get ideas that listening to their parents and behaving is optional.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 28-03-2024 at 01:35 PM. Reason: typo fix