Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
Read carefully, Daytr.

I wrote fxxk them - the gangs and fat cat Maori elites. Fxxked them twice for the divisiveness and crime they brought to NZ for their selfish ends.

And property prices are not down 20% - don’t you read properly? 13% and another 20% would be good if we care truly about affordable housing in NZ.

And let’s go ahead and bring in a CGT - it is high time NZ broadens its tax base and introduce fairness across NZ tax base. How can it right for owners to sell their companies for millions of dollars in gains but pay no tax at all?
You have just underlined my point. Language is key. "Them" could have been interpreted as Maori. I assumed you weren't, but thanks for the help.

It depends what region and period you are talking about. But from its peak I belive its more than 13% across the country as a median.

I'm surprised you brought up a CGT & I'm almost looking for catch or gotchya moment as it seems totally out of character for you. But I couldn't agree more that we need one.

You seem to be quite keyed in to a number of players in the political scene? Are you warming us up for something? I actually think National would swing a few center lefts if they did as it would show some character. Although they might struggle getting it through as ACT wouldn't back it, not sure about NZF.
Perhaps Labour & the Greens would actually get off their podiums and provide bipartisan support. Unlikely.