sharetrader
Page 388 of 388 FirstFirst ... 288338378384385386387388
Results 3,871 to 3,876 of 3876

Why has genesis taken a hit over the last few weeks ? Haven't been following. Is it Esg concerns after they said they are going to stockpile coal?

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Why can't the govt compensate rio to shut down the aluminium smelter during days of high demand.
    You have been sleeping for too long Panda. It is no longer 1977. The power system is now run at arms length from the government with a bid/offer system open to all generators, with Transpower keeping a watching brief and 'jawboning' when necessary (such as this morning). Tiwai have a supply contract with Meridian/Contact. They are already being compensated for having agreed to shut down operations at peak demand time by the lower unit price they pay at other times.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Or.. fast track the withdrawal.
    Tiwai are no longer planning to go is the word.

And sorry to be the one to break this news to you. But Rob Muldoon is no longer leading the National party or the government. In fact, he has died.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 10-05-2024 at 08:22 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Guru

Sorry for coming up with ideas to keep the lights on in NZ, Snoops.

How about healthy modern homes. We haven't turned the heat on at home yet even though there's been a couple of frosts.

My house is similar to an old garden shed. Was freezing this morning. Can't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    My monster Rinnai gas heater is doing the business at the moment. I'm doing my best to take pressure off the electricity market which appears to be out of control just now.

Burning barrels of oil(edit: diesel) at Whirinaki is expensive!
    Burning diesel again today. That's going to hurt the hip pocket

And is a great illustration of the need for thermal to back up renewables. And the more renewables, the more back up that is needed. But I doubt any new thermal plants would get resource consent

Also shows the folly of cancelling Lake Onslow, which would have been the perfect back up for renewables (in 10 years when Huntly rankines are retired)