sharetrader
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Can't get on to the system today! Error .. error .. error.

I hadn't heard that rumour - must investigate. I like the convenience of the one-stop-shop with ASB.

Anybody got any recommendations for other online platforms?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ptolemy View Post
    no, not just you. This is a regular event. I don't know why I put up with them - actuallu I do. Because I am too lazy to change and I like the security of having my money market account with a bank (remembering the access brokerage disaster).

Has anyone else heard the rumour that ASB is looking to get out of the securities business?

Might be a blessing in disguise for us long suffering "customers".

I hope you are wrong as then there will only be one on line broker. Watch the fees increase.

Wish I had used it more often. Can't say Phaedrus didn't tell us.

Permanent Newbie

I just need to vent about the new ASB securities website. I have given it some time as new things take time to adjust to. The only improvement I can see is the volume on the watchlist. How do you get the watchlist to show alphabetically?

There used to be historical figures for companys which has gone.

The whole revamp seems to be about reducing service and getting people to the buy sell screen as quickly as possible. I think it is a backwards step from the old website.
    I have only ever used ASB securities. Does anyone know how they compare in regard to research with other online brokers?

also as awkward as anything to get from chart to chart (not that their charts have any useful indicator control...so I don't know why I am complaining)

Has anyone had any luck negotiating the comission/spread on the retail NZD/AUD rate?

Quote Originally Posted by frostyboy View Post
    Has anyone had any luck negotiating the comission/spread on the retail NZD/AUD rate?
    How much do they charge you on the comm/spread on NZDAUD?

NZD/AUD rates
    I hold mostly ASX listed shares. However I am finding the exchange rates upon trade execution extortionate, and is nowhere near live rates. It eats into profits and I am having to try and factor this extra expense before I sell to ensure I hit my profit target? Does anyone else think they overcharge and milk the exchange rate for profit? Rates between 0.90 and 0.94 common.
    I sold one holding on wednesday 23rd at an exchange rate of 0.9375 when the actual rates on that day were in the range 0.9201- 0.9186.

I havent tried, but they should be giving us closer to wholesale rates. I do it through my workplace when i want to transfer funds, every hundred bucks here or there counts.

Anyone know what the red exclamation mark on the left side of a stock in the automated portfolio means? I called ASB and asked them a while back and the lady didn't know - went and asked someone and came back and said it probably means there's an announcement but that can't be correct as I've got marks with no announcement. My guess is it's something to do with a percentage change in the stock but not sure what.