sharetrader
Page 235 of 237 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237 LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 2364

Thread: RAK Rakon

Going gangbusters in the last hour. Results announcement on 29 May. Might get a speeding ticket if this keeps up.

Legend

10c dividend going to be dished up .. or just wishful thinking ?

I mean someting must have been cooking while we didn't even hear the billy being boiled for Boardroom cuppa's & coffees
    Last edited by nztx; 12-05-2024 at 09:49 PM.

Have you just woken up from a nap?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    Have you just woken up from a nap?

Wouldn't have missed much, if I had been napping

Offer still in limbo

Time for another nap

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...955/418323.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Yes, and no doubt the real driver for this announcement is/would be the article in the NZ Herald Business pages this morning, where RAK would have almost certainly been approached for comment before publication so aware of the intent.

It does seem a particularly cautious commentery so hard to be optimistic but I agree there will be inherent complexity in achieving an acceptable outcome.
    Last edited by ronaldson; 13-05-2024 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldson View Post
    Yes, and no doubt the real driver for this announcement is/would be the article in the NZ Business pages this morning, where RAK would have almost certainly been approached for comment before publication so aware of the intent.

It does seem a particularly cautious commentery so hard to be optimistic but I agree there will be inherent complexity in achieving an acceptable outcome.
    The statement "currently working to better understand these matters" is laughable, after all the time that has elapsed without any material update! The advisers will be happy about this dragging out, as the are charging on a T&M basis.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldson View Post
    Yes, and no doubt the real driver for this announcement is/would be the article in the NZ Herald Business pages this morning, where RAK would have almost certainly been approached for comment before publication so aware of the intent.

I haven't spotted any media coverage, aside from parroting the announcement.

Trying to understand the announcement and why it's marked as Price Sensitive when it doesn't include anything remotely quantifiable.

My naive guess is that the offer is on a circa one-year timeline, with the bidder attempting to lock in a 'high interest rate' discount and then fund the purchase as rates come down. Then there would be conditions on company performance over that time-frame, to ensure they get the sweet end of the deal.

The shoe is now on the other foot, with Rakon trying to push the proposal forward for earlier completion.

Anyway, it's nice to get some reassurance that the deal hasn't fallen through, even if the odds of a good outcome haven't gone up much.

The market so far this morning sees it (the announcement) pessimistically. We will have to wait upon the results announcement on 29 May, already signalled to be a reduction in profitability, to understand more. The current trading circumstance will allow a potential acquirer to drive a hard bargain, so negotiating leverage is not with RAK just now.

Legend

must be awfully complex to take six months to move a deck chair - wonder what part of the $1.70 is attached to a rubber band ?

Non binding - the whole deal could waltz out the door never to be seen again, before another movement in the deck chair mysteriously happens

Many will remember the STU Offer and how that vaporised, while the new rounds of boardroom coffee were being prepared
    Last edited by nztx; 13-05-2024 at 11:45 AM.