Another week has flown by. Time to again acknowledge the outstanding work by xp04 (see #128 above) who has made this years competition the best ever for those participants intent upon following the action.

A lot of volatility this time has seen some large adjustments to placings for some. In the Top 10 Paint it Black has risen a remarkable 21 places to 5th on the ladder, with Rawz up 13 to again be a serious contender in 3rd having dropped the bit when last thereabouts. Peter Li is the gold medallist moving up 41 places but still drowning in the red sea, and GGCC up 38 but similarly needing to struggle to remain afloat. Whetutaewa, numnut and 4kj get honourable mentions as other big improvers.

On the downside I had to go very deep in the order to find Buster, down 24 places to achieve the wooden spoon and only just exceeding my own underwhelming performance this week! Ralph, who was perilously close to the relegation zone last week, is now the red lantern. It really is a dogfight down there to stave off the ignomy of finishing in the rear and having to prop up the entire competition table.

After xp04's adjustments to account for the recent corporate actions there is no need for VAR review to determine where you stand - it is what it shows now. The index was up 1.13% this week, and I am told we are +1.4% for the year. The sharetrader competition results would suggest otherwise, and not many of us look likely to be hired by a fund manager any time soon!

Have a good weekend everyone. Maybe dream about what might have been if your choices had just been different.